Nothing actually works on this buggy piece of shit

Nothing actually works on this buggy piece of shit.

Attached: P.png (1367x748, 274K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BngxKer9ROc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Go figure, it's still indev and has very low compatibility. The fact it can play the games it does, as well as it does is pretty impressive considering what an obtuse disaster the cell is.

I played Odin Sphere and it works fine.

Funny you never mentioned your hardware specs. Especially the CPU.

Attached: 1511167394714.png (800x774, 229K)

I'm using an alienware i3 and it runs PS2 games better than PCSX2.

Translated to actual English: "I'm too poor to afford a decent PC with decent parts, so I tried this emulator out on my $200 laptop I found in a dumpster. After checking out the compatibility list, I picked a game that was not yet working correctly, as indicated, and it crashed. Now I'm angry."

Really? I played persona 5 just fine using it. And I'm using a shitty AMD CPU.

OP is the same dude that can't get PCSX2 to work because he can't into settings.

I'm playing Virtua Fighter 5.

They focus on stuff that's not available on Steam first.
>Nier
>P5
>Odin's Sphere
>Scott Pilgrim
>Demon's Souls

It runs VF 5 on my 2013 machine, what the fuck are you doing?

I played the Scott Pilgrim game surprisingly prefectly. What the fuck are you trying to play? MGS4?

>He expected a PS3 emulator to play games
Www lad

Also Daytona USA.

Where is Wipeout HD support?

youtube.com/watch?v=BngxKer9ROc

I have a low-end PC and it runs Demon's Souls at 1080p perfectly fine for me.
Tweak your settings properly you retard.

Dude, I'm playing Persona 5 on pic related and, while the FPS does dip to 26 or so during battles sometimes, it works pretty well.

Attached: toaster.jpg (660x525, 87K)

I played through the entirety of demons souls but ok

I've run Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Dragon's Crown, Hard Corps Uprising, Nier Gestalt, Dragon Quest Builders and Demon's Souls without issues. Maybe your computer is a megatoaster, you're an idiot or a combination of both.

How well do those run? My ps3 died a few months back and I've had an itch to play demon's souls recently.

Demon's Souls is the one that runs the slowest for me (still playable), the others run stable at their respective framerates. Gestalt gave me some shit until I switched to OpenGL.

I played P4AU from start to finish using RPCS3

huh. just like pcsx2. I see a pattern here...

Give me the settings to play p5 properly

Emulation is way harder than working with the real deal, either wait or do it yourself.
To be fair for long RPCS3 was a "demon soul" emulator
I'm confident, give it time

How does Tokyo Jungle emulate

Everything at default except
Vulcan
LLVM
2 SPU threads

Works on my non OC Ryzen 1600x

Did that and getting like 9 fps
Am I missing something

Attached: Untitled.jpg (908x651, 83K)

Nigga I played Ninja Gaiden Sigma on Master Ninja on that thing and it ran just fine despite occasional audio glitches, what the fuck are you trying to play on it?

Update your RPCS3 dammit

I can't use a gc controller on RPCS3
Can anyone help?

Fuck you OP, your thread is not getting my PS3 recommendations.

>tried Demon's Souls with this
>slideshow and crashes within 10s
what's wrong, should I OC my CPU?

>32gb of RAM
what the fuck
why
i thought 8 was fine for most things and 16 was the comfortable, do you video edit or something?

Attached: ss (2019-08-09 at 05.36.34).png (642x417, 21K)

tim e to upgrade your pentium, bro.

this is my CPU, bro

Attached: l.png (403x402, 22K)

Works on my machine.

>intel in 2019
>after the performance dropping security patches and exploits
o no non on on no

Motherfucker, do you know how long it too for people to code a barely working PS2 emulator? By the time this thing comes out, there would not only be a PS6 but PC would probably be running in 128bit.

spout ur memes bet you cant even afford intel you probably post from your phone

did you hear about the news regarding intel's TSX and RPCS3

intel is done for

no, I'm all ears
please be mindful when telling the story that I do not update my cpu microcode on an automatic basis

>You may or may not have heard but on May 15th 2019, Intel released new microcode updates to tackle a security vulnerability known as “MDS”. On Windows, users could optionally update to the newer microcode, while on Linux, most distros had the update available immediately. Users who received this update early may have noticed that RPCS3 was performing much slower.

>The performance loss is actually the result of Intel resolving an unspecified erratum in their TSX implementation for Skylake+ CPUs. Intel doesn’t provide detailed release notes for microcode updates, so this information was actually gleaned through viewing old commit messages for the Linux kernel that were submitted by Intel employees. Luckily, it turns out that Intel added some new functionality that we can use to determine whether or not a specific CPU is impacted by this new microcode update.

>Nekotekina aimed at improving the situation for users with the new microcode. To understand the purpose behind this change, we first need to understand a little about how TSX works. TSX allows us to write multi-threaded software that can operate without the need to use locks for synchronizing threads. After beginning a TSX transaction, any memory touched by that thread is marked as reserved. If another thread tries to touch that reserved memory, it will then cause an “abort” on the thread that reserved the memory, which means that it will roll back any changes made by the original thread, and then everything can continue on as normal. Previously, after aborting a transaction, the strategy was to simply try the TSX path again and again and again until it worked. However, with the latest microcode, the change in TSX implementation resulted in a massive increase in the abort rate, far beyond what is acceptable for RPCS3’s requirements thereby crippling performance.

Who cares, ps3 has no games anyway.

Yes I'm aware of this, I don't plan to install this update on windows and already have cpu microcode reverted on linux via package manager. Seems like a non-issue

Posting from my 3900x

Works on my machine™

they focus on emulating the console, if that leads to some games playing better then great but it's hardly an focused effort in some games.

Demons Souls works.

Was playing this and it crashed for me, feels bad.

Attached: LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE.webm (770x420, 2.84M)

You're a fucking liar.

Can an i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz and GTX 970 run Demons Souls at 30/60fps?

Windows will eventually force the update on you. If it doesn't then your GPU will. Since AMD/Nvidia drivers require you to be a certain Windows update.

>K @ 3.40GHz
no

Nope, that's not how my windows works sweetie

You should really just upgrade that ddr3 low mhz ram is fucking you no amount of ocing will help you

The GPU driver is a lie but windows will force the micro code update on you sooner or later

help me imprve my windows please

Can you comprehend the possibility of being on the latest winver and NOT having the most recent cpu microcode?

>The GPU driver is a lie
Not for Nvidia. I couldn't run the installer unless I was on a certain Windows update.

not him but you don't have to update, nvidia drivers fuck up more than they fix desu

>optimize software for Intlel
>fix for monthly vulnerabilities comes out
>performance goes to shit
This is hilarious. Meanwhile Yea Forums keeps shilling them for some reason.

Post specs and also always try to emulate retail games.

>CPU is better
>people recommend better CPU
>performance goes to shit
>people stop recommending it

why yes this is how recommendations work, you fucking retard

>>people stop recommending it
>now people are fucked of shit performance because of those recommendations

maybe for now but think months/years ahead. a certain new game comes out and requires the driver or else it's broken or doesn't boot at all. forced to update.

Life isn't fair, who would have guessed.

Maybe in your imagination.

It already happened before with MHW. Game wouldn't boot on old drivers. Had to upgrade to newer ones.

MGS4 is at least booting now. Nothing past the title screen tho.

dumbest shit i read all day

I don't think I've ever seen a PS2 play games at 8K resolution.

Even at 720p they run worse, all of them.

Not him, but 8 years ago I emulated quite a few PS2 games, and even in software mode they held their frames.

And if you try that on RPCS3 you'll see frame drops left and right.

Shit, my reading comprehension. He uses RPCS3. My bad.

Demon Souls works really well.

Can it run Armored Core?

Attached: 1540816612316.png (419x419, 295K)

Demon's Souls does, and that's the only thing besides like Uncharted that is worth playing on PS3.

It's playable.
I think it might have some slight audio issues.

Attached: 1425669520383.jpg (520x346, 126K)

>PS3 emulator
>trying to emulate something with NO GAMES

Yes, and?

Attached: drakeface.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

Attached: sosnooley01.png (1280x720, 1.08M)

Would you say that Igor is drowning?

I want to play this game but it crashes. There's nothing else I really want to play.

Attached: Comfy Sonata.webm (1288x540, 2.23M)

for me, it's PCSX2

Attached: 7481.png (1317x818, 1.79M)

Is a vega 56 and 2600x good enough for this emu?

Uh-uh, poozen and pooga, I see emulation wasn't high on your list of priorities when choosing PC parts

why would you willingly open yourself to exploits. but then again you're an Intelfag. you care more about brand than logic.

Dude just buy a ps3 for like 30 bucks and hack it.

PC cucks have the lowest standards for what they consider "playable"

Games with no dips unlike on consoles, at high resolution.

Attached: big gameplay.webm (550x786, 2.54M)

is there a way to play PS2 shooters with kb+m in pcsx2?

he said, while convincing himself that 720p30 is good

You really need a 720p TV or it will look like shit.

The Cell Processor is a triumph of Nippon engineering and you are a fool if you can't see that. The PS3's architecture was too good for this world. The fact that incompetent developers couldn't harness the tremendous power and versatility of the machine says more about the devs than Sony.

persona 5 says hello, OP

Attached: Capture.png (825x623, 50K)

they should focus on uncharted

Yes and no. You can bind the analog sticks to your mouse if you want but it will not work well if at all.

well that sucks. I'm catastrophically bad at FPS with a controller

Attached: nier brother.webm (762x420, 2.84M)

Have tastes

Attached: 1535516882907.jpg (1274x747, 220K)

>each games need different settings
What's the point of having a GUI for it?
Man PCSX2 sucks.

No they shouldn't. And that's not how actually good emulator development works.

brainlet

it's actually 1333mhz, it's just 667 in speccy

I know you can have multiple pcsx2 installs to get around this but it's messy and updating each installs would be a pain in the ass.

i was playing skate on it a couple days ago.

finished about 4-5 games on it so far, all in 4k and 30-60fps depending if original was locked or not. Currently playing Basara 4 and aside from occasional crash it works like charm. Buy PC sell your potato.

brainlet

PS1 emulator
>make emulator
>allow plugins
>supply bios
>just works
>many alternatives exist
>many with specific purposes or changes for other functional reasons
PS2 emulator
>make emulator
>supply bios
>every game has some weird hacks needed
>functionally many are fucky
>literally in development for years, at least since 2002
>still the only one and it works questionably
PS3 emulator
>in development since 2011
>literally trying to emulate alien technology from IBM
>supply a normal firmware that SONY THEMSELVES PROVIDE
>make it accurate to a real system
>it works
>many games working or starting to get working
>game specific configs only exist because its literally not done yet
PS4 emulator
>TWO of them already
>one closed source and already plays some games
>one open source and is the complete opposite in approach from the first, already has recovery shit working
>both showing immense progress despite how non-functional they are

ps2 will finish dead last in being perfect, fucking watch

Wouldn't it be easier to softmod a PS3?

yes but the amount of retards out there show that even if its easy, its still somehow too hard

Yeah, but the game would still run like trash.
E.g. The Darkness or Knight's Contract.

No one wants 720p.

PS2 emulator is better than PS1, 3, and 4 now and probably forever.

you can run games in 1080p if you modify the param.sfo. not all of them behave properly if you do though

>being this retarded
how is a post this delusional even possible

Now you're just seething.

Why should they? They're on PS4 and way better than the PS3 versions.

>plebs struggling to emulate ancient consoles instead of buying damn thing for pennies

It's just how it is user. PS2 has the most good games and it's a good emulator that can enhance them well. PS1 is pretty good but not as many games.

PS3 and 4 will be buggier than PS2.

At least it isn't like the Xbox emulator which simultaneously barely exists due to disinterest and exists in a basically finished form but locked down because microsoft is dumb.

Mednafen and Beetle PSX are perfect for PS1
RPCS3 performs great on quite a few games already, sometimes doubling their max framerates while having a performance free resolution upscaler
PS4 is just a glorified AMD APU and will be as easy to emulate as the Switch's glorified Nvidia APU.
Meanwhile PSX2 barely found out how to make some games run without interlacing, through some more hacks in the middle of other game specific hacks
Play! will eventually BTFO PCSX2.
Keep seething

>Keep seething
Ironic.

PS1 emulation is good like I said but it doesn't have near the amount of good games compared to PS2. And it can't enhance them as much.
PRCS3 plays some games well but almost every game has some kind of crash waiting to happen. It also has tons of games that don't play at all or play like shit, and who knows how many years it will take for these issues to get fixed. The PS2 also has a lot of obscure games that no one will care to fix, most certainly.
PS4 emultion will be a low effort emulator because 90% of its games are on PC.

PCSX2 on the other hand is nearly perfect. It's the best out of all of these. Play's progress is laughable, it will never surpass PCSX2.

>Play! will eventually BTFO PCSX2.
you had me until here.

>Not playing the superior ps2 version on a crt

I've seen PS1 emulators that can remove texture warping and vertex jitter. That makes PS1 games look a lot better IMO

Games on the PS3 drop below 30 fps already. Do you want them to go down to single digits?

they dont have any major performance loss actually. no game ive encountered when doing this has lower fps. it just makes the ps3 run hotter

Also there are way more PCSX2 60fps codes than RPCS3, and upscaling costs the same amount on both emulators.

:)

Thank you. I worked hard for it.

i should probably add, the reason most run at 720 later on is because it showed 1080 would kill older ps3s, reducing it to 720p was the result of this problem's solution. example: journey without updates runs in 1080p, but the moment you install 1.01 it forces itself to 720

I've been playing persona and patapon after downloading a bunch of different emulators.
I was using my pro controller to play because fuck keyboard lmao.
My controller seems to be stuck on the PlayStation style controller inputs I gave it and I don't know how to change it back to normal Nintendo mode...
It works how it normally should whenever I actually start the "gameplay" aspects of a game like getting into an actual match on smash or Splatoon but when I go into the smash menus, splatoon 2 square, or switch home screen, it refused to work as anything but a PlayStation controller.
Having to pretend like I'm pressing O to accept or say yes to something and X to decline things feels very strange and unnatural on the switch but everything else works as it should.
Hooked the procon up to the PC and cleared all previously set PlayStation inputs from all of my PlayStation emulators and ppsspp but nothing changed...
Guess this is my life now.

Attached: 1564594591082.png (723x405, 258K)

PS3 GAME

>PS3
>games

Attached: RPCS3 2019.01.08 - 03.13.58.49.jpg (1920x1080, 190K)

Already surpassed the trash that is Poo C Shit X2.