MISSING CHILD

RESPONDS TO "SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI V" OR "MEGATEN FIVE"

HAS BEEN MISSING FOR TWO YEARS, LAST SEEN AT E3 NINTENDO DIRECT 2017

HIS FATHER ALREADY VANISHED AND THE FAMILY CANNOT TAKE ANOTHER ABDUCTION, PLEASE REPORT ANY NEWS OF OUR SON WE MISS HIM AND JUST WANT HIM TO COME HOME. THANK YOU, GOD BLESS.

Attached: DM0k9l8XUAIJBcU.jpg (1200x633, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

personacentral.com/atlus-financial-fiscal-year-2019/
tgs.sega.jp/
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/persona-5.86712/page-60#post-6175331
youtu.be/OK5-EIzDtKo
youtu.be/0fS24IxelBA
youtube.com/watch?v=TPtik5Sd15Y
m.youtube.com/watch?v=yVPgXKY6AxY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>TMS #FE flopped despite being a good JRPG... maybe Nintendo fans don't want classic JRPGs?

Please stop making threads for this game until further stuff is shown.

Now I will remember it for weeks and months.

TMS flopped because it was a niche game on a system few bought that suffered from poor marketing leading people to believe it'd be a crossover, and then suffering from controversy over censorship. That poor game had no chance to begin with.

>TMS flopped because it was a niche game
Just like SMTV?

JUST GIVE ME MORE DEVIL SURVIVOR

look at it that way
it was a game aimed at a niche playerbase of SMT, which is already a niche
that's what the game is, I dare you to say SMT fans are hot on idols

> dare you to say SMT fans are hot on idols
I don't have any evidence to support for or against this.
Maybe they are all like Kentaro Miura for all I know.

>thousands of people buy the Switch for SMTV
>Atlus too fucking dumb to realize and focuses on other games
>thousands of people with Switches yell at Atlus to at least port Persona 5
>Atlus lets another dev make a Switch exclusive musou P5
>Sony fans feel betrayed, get angry because P5 is a Sony game
>Sony censors games like crazy now, so a lot of the stuff from the original probably won't make it into P5R or needs to be reworked
>huge Pokémon controversy, all publishers see their chance and announce ports and remasters of their monster collection games
>Square Enix drops a huge discount on World of Final Fantasy MAXIMA
>indie devs storm forums, /vp/, Twitter and Reddit and advertise their monster collection games
>even a motherfucking Monster Rancher port was announced
>Atlus doesn't even make a trailer or a teaser for SMTV to remind people of the game, when it would be the perfect time to do so
>not even a discount on their current SMT games
>they didn't even bother advertising Persona Q2 because they were butthurt about the .cia leak that happened 3 weeks before release

I genuinely believe Atlus is run by retards. No wonder they had to be bought by SEGA to survive.

Attached: 1565221138960.png (540x482, 190K)

The musou isn't exclusive

Not exclusive

>Atlus run by retards

It really is, they literally released an official english translation of Shin Megami Tensei 1 on ios. Not even Android, just iOS. It would've made 10x more money if it released on the 3DS or even the Vita. The game is now delisted because nobody bought it or cared enough to update it.

Attached: 22891_front.jpg (640x1162, 150K)

Never forget that there would be no controversy if Nintendo didn't get them to push out a shitty half-assed slapped-together trailer just so they could inflate the Switch's library. SJR was released just last year outside of Japan, and had they waited until a year ago before showing the first trailer then nobody would be throwing their shit now.

Every Atlus game can run on a toaster. It’s amazing that they can’t release this stuff on every console. Literal retards.

>SMT incels are SEETHING
God it feels so good after years of them talking shit

I still have it downloaded on my phone but I can’t play it anymore. Why did Atlus fuck me over like this? I don’t want to lose my save and start over on an emulator.

>thousands of people buy the Switch for SMTV
>tfw I'm one of them
I don't regret my purchase due to other games being on there but I would feel like a tool if SMT5 ended up never coming out on it.

>forgetting about RE;Fantasy that was announced even before SMT.
Shitlus are just retards who can't into work or making profit.

If it's a no show at TGS this year, I say it's cancelled

It feels good that we're eagerly waiting for SMT5?
Weird but ok.

That’s nips in general. They just can’t do marketing. Only whites (specifically Americans) can.

Attached: Persona-5.jpg (600x338, 30K)

>people are shocked and confused that a small company who had their finances raided to support a shitty French soccer team before being bought out by pachinko yakuza in order to raid their US localizing teams doesn't have the resources to put everything on every platform and pump games out with a year-long development cycle
>people are shocked and confused that Atlus is actually taking their time making the first SMT console game in over 15 years when their MO has been to reuse assets like crazy for spinoffs

Attached: 2ca[1].png (500x500, 247K)

Well seeing as the MO is to reuse assets it doesn't make sense that it's taking so long after Persona 5's success.
Do you actually think they'll make all new models for demons for two games in a row?

Don't care anymore. Now im with DQ senpai

>Disgusting idolshit
Gee I wonder why it failed, couldn't be that the idol industry and everything based off of it is disgusting and thrice as perverted as Disney and how it treats its young actresses/singers?

If they're using P5 models then they need to port them over to a different engine and redo the rigging and animations, and do additional demons on top of that, keeping in mind that P5R will also be adding a bunch of new demons as well so that means waiting until P5R is done and porting over those models on top of that. If they're not using P5/R models then they're using Dx2 models, which means the development resources currently going into Dx2 are doubling for SMTV. If they're not using either, because again it's on a different engine and different underpowered console, then they would be remaking the models a third time.

>huge Pokémon controversy, all publishers see their chance and announce ports and remasters of their monster collection games
>indie devs storm forums, /vp/, Twitter and Reddit and advertise their monster collection games
Too bad there are no good ones.

This year user. If they're not showing anything at TGS they will probably show it at some seperate event like in 2017

Attached: 3455657769.png (693x396, 35K)

I blame that piece of shit Apocalypse.

>not blaming Persona

>atlus announced the game before they even started working on it
>have repeatedly stated that its going to take time
>durr they're probably not working on the game

Porting to PS4 takes time ;)

Attached: image.jpg (512x511, 24K)

He clearly did

TMS flopped because it wasn't the game it's target audience was promised. Also censored.

Fuck no.
Idols are gay

Attached: 1BDF155F-9861-40E4-9523-412782B51BEB.gif (400x225, 1.91M)

PS4 port incoming boys

Atlus is retarded or run by boomers who need to die or both.
As much as I miss Iwata his death was ultimately good for Nintendo

Give me a modern Majin Tensei.
Make it the real SMTxFE that should have been.

The fuck?
Apocalypse sold well and straight up as a love letter to fans as DLC
Hell I’d unironically pay 60$ for a SMT IV AND Apocalypse Switch port
Just anything to get it off the 3DS

Izuka doesn't run Atlus, user.

Apocalypse is the best SMT by far.

TMS deserved to flop for wasting a great potential crossover on weeb bait idolshit trash.

This so fucking hard, dude. Or just rerelease the first two again. I don't care. I'll take anything I can get.

This.

Attached: devil survivor.jpg (1181x828, 542K)

Its called Digmonstory Cyber Sleuth.

Are you huffing acrylic paint at this moment, user? Cyber Sleuth had almost nothing in common with Devil Survivor.

This
I’m actually missing bunny’s austim

it was shit and ruined by the devs.

>As much as I miss Iwata his death was ultimately good for Nintendo
Please explain yourself

Atlus is one of the most incompetent non-indie developer, if not THE most incompetent one. Persona 5 literally had more people working on it than Skyrim did and look how long it took them to release it.

Attached: b7e0507f9979894941d9478b884de2e818b2f2f2a9f9579d9d4d13f5c698e7d5.jpg (3152x2470, 748K)

>Berserk mangaka loves IM@S
iunno

Holy FUCKING shit, just how incompetent is Hackshino? That list reeks of complete incompetence from the Director and Producer, and he's listed as both. This massive retard has to be the luckiest fucker in the industry.

here's your SMT bro

Attached: 59730-c795459ddc21b17389ecc89836ae9360.png (416x312, 142K)

>TMS is SMT but backwards

Attached: 1564542835534.jpg (1200x675, 109K)

It's like he hired separate person for every single shit in the game, Jesus fucking Christ.

Cancelled to fund Persona 5 2. Please looks forward to it

Now compare those credits and see how many people show up on the credits for all the Persona 4 spinoffs that were being made in Persona 5 was in development, and you'll understand what Hashino meant when he complained about "spinoff hell."

>tfw Kaneko foresaw that Shitlus is gonna go to shit so he left the sinking ship early

Attached: 1562607833540.jpg (475x433, 77K)

I forgot this was a thing. I'm reaching a point where I don't even care about megaten anymore

Fuck you.

>I forgot this was a thing.
What about RE;Fantasy? :)

Y'all motherfuckers want to talk about bayo 3 ??????????????????? where is it nintendo ???????

Just wait for TGS for now.
If TGS passes and we still don't have news, then it's time to panic.

Attached: 1549262128473.gif (994x311, 414K)

kek
that one too. atlus is lucky they can milk P4 and P5 forever, otherwise they would be fucked

>lucky they can milk P4 and P5 forever
Even that doesn't help them make money.

>Decide to rewatch the Switch presentation thing from before it was released
>SMTV is LITERALLY the only game revealed for that and hasn't been released
No really, what the fuck is taking Atlus so long? We should've at least have gotten a new trailer.

Attached: 1537560247296.png (270x262, 50K)

it is enough to keep them afloat

I remember Platinum revealing Babylon’s Fall too.

Something is going on with the vidya industry in Japan.

P5 Dancing sold like shit, P3 Dancing sold like shit, Catherine: Full Body sold like shit, late 3DS games sold like shit and P5 Scramble will likely sell like shit too. If P5R doesn't earn them a bank they'll be on hell of a failure streak.

user....

TMS is fucking shit and I'm fucking tired of the mouthbreathers on this board defending the game. Were WiiU owners so starved for games that they convinced themselves that TMS was anything more than a mediocre as fuck megaten with godawful plot, characters and OST? I mean, for a game about music, acting and dancing, at least the OST should've been on par with the best of SMT, but instead everything is terrible/forgettable with like one or two exceptions.

>TMS #FE flopped despite being a good JRPG... maybe Nintendo fans don't want classic JRPGs
They aren't Capcom. Not to mention jrpgs tend to sell more on Nintendo systems.

Jesus christ, did mobile games kill video games in nipland?

DeSu3 fucking when

For everyone but Capcom. They just had to sacrifice their fighting game division.

Besides 1, 3 and SJ, sure.

While the recent Digimon games have character designs by the based anti-grav tiddies master himself Yasuda, the World games are nothing like MegaTen and the Story games are more like SMT. However, Digimon Survive (which for some reason doesn't have Yasuda, hopefully he's coming back for the new Story game) is looking like it's probably the closest we'll ever get to a Devil Survivor 3.

You could maybe read the article before blindly posting it. The article outright says that sales are strong, they're expanding their business operations, they're financially sound, and the "losses" are only on paper because they're due to debt repayments caused by their former parent company being retarded and the subsequent buyout by Sega. They've posted on-paper losses every year since that buyout, because of those payments. This is expected when it comes to company takeovers, because this is how the parent company recoups the cost of buying them out.

>classic JRPGs
Don't fucking kid yourself, dude. Yeah, maybe the combat was fine (the dungeons didn't look fine), but the idolshit and awful character design are too much of a turn-off. Not to mention the broken hopes

>P5 Dancing sold like shit, P3 Dancing sold like shit, Catherine: Full Body sold like shit

That not what this implies

>nothing like them
>waifus and twinks make friends or contracts with digital monsters that they level up, evolve, fuse and change party members with.
Its more sci-fi than supernatural but the lore of Analogueman and Megami Tensei are both coming from the same place of autism chuunishit.

>Idols
>Good
No

Yeah, that's fine and dandy for the first 3 years of making losses.
But Sega bought Atlus in 2013 user and you cannot keep making loses forever.

>This is because of the transfer from Index to Sega Dream (now Atlus), which took place in November 2013.
this makes no sense. SEGA lets Atlus operate the same way before the acquisition and basicaly nothing changed.
I don't care about persona spin offs outside the Arena, so I thought that they sold well. Atlus really is incompetent.

Just because targets were met doesn't mean shit when they were simply low. Full Body literally sold 10k on Vita and the PS4 sales were barely higher than what Classic sold on Steam.

>nothing changed.
Yeah Sega hasn't seen success with Shitlus like they did with Creative Assembly.

>This is expected when it comes to company takeovers, because this is how the parent company recoups the cost of buying them out.
Large amounts of money take time to pay off, user. A house mortgage is 20+ years long, as an example. The point is to look at the actual causes of gains and losses instead of just looking at a single convenient number. Why is Atlus posting a loss on paper? Because they're transferring money to Sega, their parent company. Does this mean Atlus by themselves is in any financial danger? Absolutely not.

Selling low isn't the same as selling like shit from the company's perspective. They only care about making money. So if the game exceeds their targets, they're likely making money off of them

didn't flop

Nah, it's only really affecting them and capcom.

user, if you are a profit oriented company, your job is not paying debt forever.

>wanting smt5 after apocalypse
Mm no sweatie

They're literally banking solely on mainline Persona games. Everything else takes too much time to develop compared to the revenue it brings. They'd make more money porting their old stuff to current consoles and PC than they do on developing all the new games (baring mainline Persona and possibly SMTV).

>TMS
>Didn't flop
user, I liked the game but the thing flopped fucking hard on all angles but critically

It's all Persona Persona Persona. They kept trying new things to find something that would really be super successful, and they found it. They focus on Persona and making Persona spinoffs: dancing, fightan, EO crossover. But you'd think amidst all of that they'd be able to find the resources to release an SMT game, even if only for it to ride the coattails of Persona's success, sort of like how SMT4 did in a way. But no. Not even any news. Isn't it insulting to a fanbase that stuck with the series for so long? They give you a series, it's great, you appreciate it, buy the games, and then... *poof* it's gone. Goodbye Devil Survivor and Devil Summoner too. I don't even dislike Persona but it does make you resent it a bit.

Okay, user. What was wrong with Apocalypse?

user, who are they paying that money to? Their parent company, who owns them. The financial health of Atlus as an independent company doesn't actually matter because they're not an independent company, they're a subsidiary. Money being transferred from a subsidiary to a parent company is nothing.

>for profit companies set sales targets that aren't profitable
imagine believing this

While yeah Digimon lore is concentrated chuuni autism (in a good way) the World games, or at least the first one and the recent ones, are more like an expanded version of the V-Pets with some plot, Story is the series that's just straight up SMT-lite.

Will they reuse the scrapped world trip plot from Persona 5? That'd be neat, I think.

I'm not saying they're not profitable. I'm saying the profit is laughable. They should strive to increase their profits in order to have more money for making games. If they only make so much as to stay alive, they'll be always one generation late with their games.

What if Atlus made a Persona game, but changed the dressing a little bit and called it SMT V?

Well, that's what Ubisoft and a few others have been doing.
>make several million dollars
>oh no, we didn't meet our expectations of dozens of millions! This was clearly a failure.

Is that not already the plan?

Sega Atlus already announced their lineup for TGS, SMT V isn't on it. It's over.

Attached: 1558292251230.jpg (399x400, 16K)

I swear it was some Atlus shill heret elling me "look forward to SMTV in this year's E3", the fucker is as it for 2 years now. It's never coming out.

Why would they reuse a persona plot for smt when they're completely different tonally?

Considering the backlash towards TMS when it got its first trailer, the backlash towards SMT V being a Persona game in disguise would be gloriously cataclysmic

Attached: 1550342206496.gif (346x261, 1.49M)

Persona was SMT once upon a time. All the SMT games are different from each other.

See

That's clearly a sonyfag.

There's still the Fall Nintendo direct and Game Awards

Fucking calm down you sperg, Atlus doesn't have a ton of staff. The SMT team has been helping on Persona and Catherine Full Body and doing the Strange Journey remake. They're a small team and can only do one thing at a time.

You waited like ten years for SMT IV, you can wait for V to be as good as it can be. People have no fucking patience anymore and demand every franchise be released yearly.

Atlus/Sega posted this a few hours ago tgs.sega.jp/

It's probably why OP even made the thread in the first place

>Persona was SMT once upon a time
Except it was always its own series hence why it was called Megami Ibunroku Persona and not Shin Megami Tensei Persona.

>here guys you can have two persona games now
>it flops
>well thanks to the lack of interest we will put the SMT franchise on hold thanks to the low sales of V
I'm not goona lie. I have been lexpecting this to happen for a while.

>Atlus doesn't have a ton of staff
Lmao, see

>doesn't have a lot of staff
See

No shit they are going to lack staff when half the company is working on Persona

>it was called Megami Ibunroku Persona and not Shin Megami Tensei Persona

Attached: PersonaPSPNAcover.jpg (640x922, 328K)

Oh and the psp remake was also just called Persona in Japan, just in case you try to go with that angle.
Basically it was never SMT

Attached: PersonaPSPJpcover.jpg (291x500, 42K)

what is this persona ripoff

Dumb zoomer doesn't know that Persona 1 is literally a sequel to SMT if.

Attached: latest[1].png (84x85, 6K)

>confidant planner
>daily sequence planner

the fuck? imagine spending years working at atlus as a fucking confidant designer. your entire job is to design a single fucking mechanic of the game that's 90% text, together with like 15 other people

>expecting Atlus to announce anything on TGS
They always reveal shit during their own events. Always.

Could see that coming a mile away

>western cover
Nigger they called all Personas SMT until P4G in the West to make the series more recognizable. In Japan it was Megami Ibunroku and then just Persona.

>most of the company works on their highest budget and best selling game
Wow

That only started with 3, because it was the first Persona game released after Nocturne, which itself was the first SMT game released in the west. P1 and P2 were never called SMT in the west, until after P3.

So, at the end of the day Atlus did approve it as an SMT game?

That's probably why it takes them forever to do any game. Imagine making the whole game work together when every single little thing is assigned to a different person.

Can I raise a variety of waifu in the next game?

Nope. They were always their own branch of the megaten series in the same way DDS, Raidou and DeSu are. Basically SMT was just slapped on to anything that made it to the west.
Their only relation to SMT was being inspired by the guardian mechanic in If... and if I remember right a few non canon quests in the p2 ports?

Even if they release SMTV it's going to be lighthearted as Persona is. The mid 2000 of dark and edgy megaten games like Nocturne or DDS are never coming back.

No thats Medabots' niche now.

Attached: Medabots-Girls-Mission-CERO-C.jpg (600x338, 83K)

My guess is that the game is in huge development hell, maybe they have issues with Unreal Engine 4 which is what the game will run on or maybe it's the Switch, or maybe it's about design decisions unrealted to technical stuff, maybe it's both.
I'm also 100% positive that they will release a Nocturne remaster before SMTV, only to buy time but also introducing more new people to the series

Atlus always takes a while with their games.

Attached: ACFBBD27-488C-4C24-84C6-74F53BB1B9DF.png (1010x630, 306K)

>DDS, Raidou
Those 2 have some kind of a connection to SMT mainline games.
DDS with Nocturne and Raidou with Akarana Corridor.

RIP Ryanfag

Atlus called it SMT. That makes it an SMT game.

You want emancipation?

I know Raidou is supposed to be a prequel to SMT and Devil Summoner as a whole, but what's the relation between DDS and Nocturne?

>Persona 5 The Royale on PC is heavily rumored to come some months after it hits the PS4 in the west. I don't want to overplay my hand, but I'm sure some insiders can easily confirm it.
>I won't burn the source I have, but yeah, 100% sure and people can quote me on that later. It's a source that spoiled every Atlus announces to me for the past 7 years in great details and I doubt I'm the only person he's in contact with. I don't doubt him. I also know for sure he's involved with SegaJap/Atlus, at a good position.
>A Switch version of Persona 5 was never in talk, as far as I remember. It was mostly inflated wishful thinking or straight liars. That doesn't mean it won't come at some point, just that the rumors were bullshit at the time.
And the most relevant one:
>Oh and if you want one more thing, SMTV is in dev hell right now and you won't hear about it for some times. I'd be surprised if you hear about it again before BOTW2 release.

rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/persona-5.86712/page-60#post-6175331

It’s not fair. Even something like Devil Survivor would be preferable.

Demi Fiend is a very hard optional boss in DDS, and his theme is his normal battle theme in Nocutrne.

>Those 2 have some kind of a connection to SMT mainline games.
Not denying that but they aren't considered SMT spin off or otherwise.

>a rumor
>from Resetera

Attached: 1565308807672.jpg (500x479, 51K)

>A Switch version of Persona 5 was never in talk
Aw man, well whatever.
>according to a ResetEra rumor
Switch port basically confirmed just so the universe can spite them then.

>Atlus' games are now being targeted by the fake rumor crowd
Is there anything Nusona won't ruin?

I think you mean digimon survive

Attached: 1559331743573.png (1536x1382, 1.77M)

Why do people still try to do this? Any rumor that starts on the Western side for a game like P5 is going to be complete bullshit.

>tfw there will never be a megaten game tying up all continuities into one multiversal adventure
>tfw you will never see the p4 and 5 protag scared shitless from seeing people die up close and personal

He can't since he's a zoomer who wants to seem cool by having a different view on something.

>tfw there will never be a remake of SMT2 made in the P5 engine

Closest we're getting is the Devil Summoner games, Persona games, and if, all taking place in the same timeline.

Anything pertaining to knowledge of Persona 1 and 2.
And 3 and 4, seemingly.

They don't though.

They do though, explicitly.

>explicitly
I'd love to see you explain that one without going into headcanon.

it flopped because it was neither TMS nor FE, and idolshit is fucking cringe.

Honestly, Persona 2 is way better than Persona 2. Persona 2 isn't bad, but it's absolute shit compared to the glorious Persona 2.

If you're talking about the Kuzunoha Detective Agency they're two different agencies.

The female protagonist of if shows up in P1 and both P2s, while the guy whose body the protagonist possesses in the first Devil Summoner shows up possessing another detective in P2. And yes, in both cases they're explicitly the same people.

TMS flopped because it was a mediocre game with no marketing what so ever and a SHIT TON of censorship that would make 4Kids.tv laugh and half assed the crossover of SMT elements and FE elements

Oh and Idols fucking idols

Attached: 51.jpg (1200x1200, 113K)

youtu.be/OK5-EIzDtKo
THE WORLDS OF SMT AND FE CROSSING OVER
>2 years pass
youtu.be/0fS24IxelBA
lol jk

>second trailer published on 1.April
kek

Who cares? SMT4 was terrible.

Fucking RNG nightmare shitfest. Thank you so much, mr npc ally, for making bull man smirk again.

>bull man
that's like the first real boss
nigga how are you having trouble with that

That's literally a cameo, you act like it has actual plot relevance.

>The female protagonist of if shows up in P1 and both P2s,
Not him but that isn't the same as the protag of if... Assuming the events of if... were canon to Persona they would be older and most likely wouldn't be in high school nor would they be an NPC doing absolutely nothing.

Also COMPs don't exist in Persona outside of the non canon Climax Theatre.

Still more connected to mainline than P3-P5.

So was the if fem protag in Persona, what's your point?

lol

>comments from the first youtube
it hurts my mind trying to comprehend how is SMT and FE not weeaboo already

>full SMT remaster
>gets Personified in the process

You need to stop thinking that weeb = made in Japan.

My point is that it basically is an irrelevant cameo. It's like the Messiahs In The Diamond Realm dlc, just a nod to fans.

They're dark and edgy weeb, but Idol groups are bright and happy weeb. It's like Emo and Goth, they're the exact same thing at the end of the day, but saying that they have anything on common will upset them both

You're bad at the game. Stick to Persona "plays itself" 5

What the fuck do people like you think weeaboo means?

Old as fuck dudes hold back potential with corporate meddling I thought that was pretty obvious

Attached: 1537562309367.png (2800x1680, 1.11M)

so SMT (shin megami tensei, not english words) a franchise full of japanese demons, japanese settings, japanese anime portraits is not weeb hmm...

Do you use the "weeb shit is just things I don't like, like idols " definiton?

You know you could actually just play Persona 1 instead of making a post showcasing how wrong you are about everything.

I guess you could say its really changed the personification of the series.

Attached: carlos.jpg (625x409, 119K)

>replying to redditors who say weeaboo to criticize things

>2 and a half years since the teaser trailer
>nearly 2 years since the second trailer
>almost 2 years of radio silence
I'm not gonna make it bros...

Attached: 1558303921191.jpg (784x522, 59K)

RE: Go fuck yourself

>Do you use the "weeb shit is just things I don't like, like idols " definiton?
Yes.

>make a game that borrows elements from both SMT and FE
>make the setting and story have absolutely nothing to do with either
maybe if they didn't alienate their core fanbase, it would have sold better, I don't think any SMT or FE fans were hungry for idolshit
TMS has fun enough combat, but fuck me, the story and setting of idols was just plain fucking stupid

Attached: 1496478822260.jpg (783x469, 91K)

>japanese demons, japanese settings, japanese anime portraits is not weeb hmm...
Are you an idiot?
For starters the demons are based on demons from every nationality.
Then there's the fact that despite the Japanese setting it doesn't use it for anything beyond locations.

Yes. "Weeaboo" does not mean "Japanese".

#FE flopped because people wanted FE x SMT, not whatever the fuck #FE was

To clarify, I was saying "yes" to the first part of the post, not the second. "Weeaboo" means nothing anymore thanks to you dumb fucks, just like "nerd" or "deconstruction".

I would be beyond pissed off

>make the setting and story have absolutely nothing to do with either
Not exactly.
The setting and story does have a fair amount of megaten inspiration just not smt's apocalypse scenarios.

Do you think he’ll come back?

Attached: 0BB5326F-B3F9-4876-BD59-96094EC7864A.png (2000x2402, 3.94M)

100 millio people have a ps4 and atlus knows launching jrpgs in the ps4 will give them.money, why not realse smt 5 in the ps4 and switch and have p5rolay in both consoles as well

"Weeaboo": Someone who thinks Japan, Japanese culture, or Japanese media is superior to their own country's, or the West in general, to the point of disregarding any issues Japan has, as well as any good things about their native culture.

Fuck that shit
I’ll make my own SMT with black jack and hookers

>and atlus knows launching jrpgs in the ps4 will give them.money
Eh, jrpgs outside of FF and Persona don't really sell well on ps4.

Man fuck you.

They don't really sell well anywhere.

It IS weeb, the definition of weeb is The other retards just are afraid to admit it because they think they don't want to be lumped in with TMS players, so they play the "w-weeb doesnt mean anything anymore"

Persona X Awakening and taking the worse of both games
Didn’t even have the smirk mechanic

You do realise that definition doesn't work for you, right?

>they don't want to be lumped in with TMS players
TMS players have a higher IQ tho

>Persona X Awakening
It's nothing like Persona though.

That actually doesn't correlate at all, you fucking mongrel.

>SMTV thread immediately derailed into TMS
FEbros just can't stop winning, huh.

Attached: very fast Barry.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

>Full of japanese demons
Bullshit, half the roster is made from Indian mythology-Shiva, Parvati, Kartikeya, ganesha, pisaca, makara, hamsa, rangda, barong, saraswati and vasuki are easy examples

What the actual fuck

I really need to finish this game.

Not even FEfags liked TMS. There was a good deal of complaints of Chrom, Tharja, and Tiki being shoehorned in again and not enough representation of older characters.

am I the only one who thinks SMTV will be extremely good?

truly the dark souls of persona

Attached: 1541763934828.png (2800x1680, 1.67M)

The aesthetics of this game, while all over the place, are pretty fucking pleasing. Having the FE sound effects and characters interacting just makes it feel like a weird fever dream though.

I have no faith in modern ATLUS.

If they spend this much time developing it better be, it's not being directed by a hack so it at least won't be as dissapointing as P5 after all the waiting.

Explain why p5 is bad without using buzzwords

>Wow look at all my friends
>Wow we never shut the fuck up and talk endlessly
>Wow the gameplay is near brainless and hard mode is still a cakewalk
Could’ve fooled me

the reveal trailer was really good, seems like they were taking cues from nocturne for it.

>Having the FE sound effects and characters interacting just makes it feel like a weird fever dream though.
That's a good way to describe it, actually. Especially towards the end it becomes just such a weird mess.

That's my plan for the future. SMT set in Burgerland.

To be honest, I would be satisfied as long as we get Nocturne 1.1
that played better than p3 and p4

I unironically want mine set in either Atlanta or Florida

Then again considering the reality of Florida: demons who attack and eat people would be no match for regular Tuesday Florida man

It is bretty good but not as good as soul hackers, new devil summoner when?

So what you're saying is that you've never actually played it. Because there's nowhere near as much mandatory friend scenes as persona and during the main game they rarely say anything that isn't plot related.

>new devil summoner
>new devil survivor
>new raidou
>HD remasters
never ever
its not fair, its not fucking fair

Attached: 1495241945712.png (540x423, 79K)

>TMS #FE flopped despite being a good JRPG... maybe Nintendo fans don't want Persona games?*

>when their MO has been to reuse assets like crazy for spinoffs
let's be real here, they're probably waiting for the Musou to be complete so they can steal the demon models from that game and use them in SMTV

>giving any setting where your enemy can reach Heaven
There's a reason why Florida Man is so powerful.

Attached: 1558784377695.png (448x683, 465K)

>why doesn’t Atlus make all its games multiplats
You’re assuming they’re rational actors looking to maximize profit. They’re not.

based Barry

Attached: 0wsqibk9r6511.jpg (1334x750, 101K)

Holy shit, they are somehow are on par with sonic team retardnes.
Why not launch it everywhere. Just make good portable code and run compiler with diffrent settings.
Why use diffrent engine? Just recompile the old one.

Bold of you to assume the musou won't just reuse P5/R's

They probably didn't knew at that point just how much of a fucking piece of shit the switch is.

If i want to get into mega10 should i start with original games or they are ass? Should i follow walkthrogh?

actually the big twist is that the musou is gonna use the nocturne models

I feel your pain not even the ps2 games are on the ps4 or on a compilation for the switch

Attached: 1564336018137.jpg (1920x1080, 123K)

Atlus is seriously caught in no man's land with the Switch right now. They can't just make an upscaled 3DS game because the expectations are there that it'll be a brand new console game and everyone's hyped for that, but at the same time they can't just reuse Persona assets because the Switch is so underpowered. Nintendo should seriously be paying for development themselves with how badly their plastic piece of shit is fucking over developers.

Hey that game got me to buy SMT IV, it's not bad at all.

Start with Nocturne, move on to the DDS games, Raidou, and P3/4 if you haven't already. Then move on to the DS/3DS games with the understanding that they're handheld games and won't be as flashy as PS2 games. If you like the Soul Hackers remake, then move on to the classic games.

Atlus president replacement when?, you would think that sega would do something about atlus retardnes

SIT DOWN FUCKER

youtube.com/watch?v=TPtik5Sd15Y

are two seriously this retarded and think that Atlus didn't even test the models/do any sort of in house tech demo before they announced the game?

Whats the name of the girl wearing a skirt for a shirt

Why is Atlus so fucking shitty now?

Attached: PRKpcPh.png (1600x5717, 3.84M)

That's unironically literally what happened, they admitted that the first SMTV trailer and announcement was before they had started any work on the game itself, probably because Nintendo wanted to shove game announcements out the door to get people excited for their console.

Tbf, Atlus games have shit graphics. P5 ran perfectly fine on the PS3. So this isn’t Nintendo’s fault.

Were people able to harvest that translation and throw it onto the SNES rom at least?

I kinda would want it to be a road trip. One state gets one area. Like Nevada gets Las Vegas and New York gets Brooklyn.

I bet you they're just harvesting the models from Dx2 too.

How can you not think atlis is retarded

you got an article saying that? i want to laugh my ass off

it was atlus's decision to announce the game early, it was the 25th anniversary and they hadn't done anything for it yet, so they announced the next entry.

So originals are bad or there is no transleteration at all? I'm willing to pirate.

>sega would do something
Look at the state of Sonic, look at Total War. Sega has a long history of mismanaging its studios.

>So originals are bad
Megami Tensei is an over 30 year old franchise with Shin Megami Tensei specifically being over 25 years old. Anything before the PS2 is either 2D or isometric with sprite graphics, and a very old school game design philosophy (the first Megami Tensei was literally just a Wizardry clone). So it's not that they're bad, it's that they're old, and if you're used to newer RPGs, even ones from the early 00s, you may find it hard to just jump in right away.

Of course, if you're already used to NES/SNES era RPGs then go right ahead.

Saved.
I'l just use savestates.

>but at the same time they can't just reuse Persona assets because the Switch is so underpowered.
They're ps3 models you fucking idiot. The fact of the matter is that not only do they have to redesign older demons and such as usual but they have to add in way more demons than Persona ever had.

>SMT:SP
why the FUCK did atlus take it down and when are we getting a sequel?

I’m still mad Nocturne Remaster isn’t a reality yet.

Just use pcsx2, my dude.

Attached: 1549438244009.png (1219x721, 1008K)

>As much as I miss Iwata his death was ultimately good for Nintendo
Yeah, I sure am glad every Switch game has been rushed out for the last two and a half years and only now they’re starting to realize it was a mistake, virtual console was gutted for some shitty online paid service for bottom of the barrel trash nobody wants to play, and the fucking cheap joycons break every handful of months because they shoved a million gimmicks into them that are exclusively used for Labo.

Oh the pic forgotten that Strange journey got a 3DS rerelease
Atlus is a hack, but you can still find it online

I’m stealing this idea

Fuck off

XV?

I’m pretty sure the Christmas revision will be
Hi we ripped out all the gimmicks for bigger buttons and a better clicker stick
Battery life is still 20 hours
Lower price at 30$ a joycon 50$ a pair
Merry Christmas

I feel the pain too, user

Make something good out of it user.

reminder that raidou games were never good and we're better off without a new one ever again

wrong

>no widescreen patch
Why user?

reminder that you are the big gay

For (You)

I’ll certainly try

Yeah man Satan is my favorite Japanese Oni

I could never get it to work. I mean it does, but I keep getting exploding polygons and it actively hinders performance. I've tried testing it with just the widescreen patch, but I still got the same result. I tested it with the vanilla, Chronicles, and Chronicles patch versions, but nothing. It seems to work for everyone else, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I just settled with the 4:3.

yeah yeah you jumped at his hyperbole
*yawn*
*downvotes ur comment*

Because idols are fucking gay and Disney channel tier shit for teeny boppers

Try this maybe, it's for the chronicles version.
create this file

DC05EC31.pnach

then paste this shit in

gametitle=Shin Megami Tensei - Nocturne (SLUS-20911) (CRC-DC05EC31)
comment=Widescreen Hack.
patch=1,EE,202F59B4,word,3FC6C6E7

//Optional shadow alpha hack
//comment=Shadow Override (Krisan Thyme)
//patch=1,EE,202FBD80,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBD84,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBD88,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBD8C,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBD90,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBD94,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBD98,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBD9C,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDA0,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDA4,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDA8,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDAC,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDB0,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDB4,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDB8,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDBC,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDC0,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDC4,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDC8,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDCC,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDD0,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDD4,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDD8,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDDC,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDE0,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDE4,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDE8,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDEC,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDF0,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDF4,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDF8,extended,00000000
//patch=1,EE,202FBDFC,extended,00000000

Good riddance.

it's not hyperbole it's completely incorrect, the focus had never been Japanese demons

regardless his argument is fucking stupid to begin with

Actually, I guess Izanami is the fucking title character but the focus of the franchise at large is absolutely not Japanese demons

Weird. That's the exact same code I already had, but now it works for whatever reason. No polygon issues anymore. Still have the stretched UI problem, but I understand that's apparently a thing with all widescreen hacks.

>a thing with all widescreen hacks.
Yeah, doesn't work with 2d shit.

Actually yes but it needs to be patched over the translation aeon genesis did.

WHAT WE NEED is another Digital Devil Saga game

Attached: digital devil saga.jpg (640x906, 100K)

The thing is that people expected SMTxFE, instead they made PersonaxFEwaifus

Attached: 20181009_133920.png (323x480, 268K)

They could just make the novels into games, they got enough differences

This
1 and SJ are complete trash, get the fuck out of here with that garbage.

>I guess Izanami is the fucking title character
The fuck are you talking about?

>he doesn't know
Megami Tensei translates to "Goddess Resurrection". The main heroine of the original novel is a reincarnation of Izanami.

Not him but 'Megami Tensei' translates to Goddess Reincarnation, that is Izanami as she was reincarnated as a girl in Megami Tensei 1 and stuff(Shin Megami Tensei is the same shit but with 'True Goddes Reincarnation')

>Digital Devil Saga remaster with all the novel content and changes
hey, I'd buy it

Attached: 1558299177862.jpg (686x673, 78K)

What happened to that medieval fantasy game, anyways?

It's coming after SMT V

I wonder what SMTdev is doing after he disappeared off the face of the earth

fuck

Guess I'll just play Soul Hackers. Was the PSP version ever translated?

Attached: tumblr_p2slmlebia1wl8pslo4_640.png (639x474, 436K)

>the dungeons didn't look fine
You clearly didn't play the game, so your post is worthless.

>SHIT TON of censorship
Blatantly false. Also, it's a better game than anything else Atlus has pumped out the past several years.

So, never

>You cannot keep making losses forever
uber says hi

>uber says hi
Like big corporations, they're doing this:
1. to avoid to pay taxes
2. to push the competition out of business by mass expanding

>Start the game again
>Drop it for the fourth time
It is just so slow.

>1 and SJ are garbage
Found the zoomer who cant into dungeon crawlers

I can understand people dropping SJ during Eridanus because they lack orientation/memorization skills.

Shin megami tensei 3 released in 2003
SMT 4 released in 2013
Ten fucking years apart

This. SMT V will be one of the last games released on the Switch before it's discontinued.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yVPgXKY6AxY
Never

Attached: 3910AD9D-1A5E-4A94-A5F8-6844553082D0.jpg (1024x1024, 51K)

Only because they released so many different spinoffs in that timeframe. 4 is almost a reboot.

The name of the franchise is a sort of holdover from Nishitani's first Digital Devil Story novel, where the heroine was the reincarnation of Izanami, and Nakajima Izanagi.

You really think they aren't just gonna rip the demon models from Persona 5?

>okay so YHVH just cancelled the Demi-Fiends magatama and he is freaking out

Attached: 1558982853762.jpg (501x585, 61K)

They said they're basically taking something from each mainline SMT gameand specifically mentioned Nocturne.

Bravely default and Octopath did great. BD being the bestjrpf of the last years

Not that I play many crawlers, but Odyssey is great. SJ had awful music and an annoying scan system. Dropped it quickly, wish I could have refunded it.

>Odyssey
The Etrian kind

>DQ11 was "announced" for the fucking NX in its conception
>Atlus admits the SMTV trailer for the 2017 Presentation was literally all they had at the time
Why make a bet you can't follow up on? Only Namco managed to not fuck themselves over.

Source?

From Famitsu
>When asked about what sort of game V will be, Yamai says that they have paid attention to comments from fans, and that they have found that there are three generations of players for the series; The ones who played it on the NES and SNES who did not need fancy graphics or dialogue to find drama and addictiveness in the game, the ones who came in from III who want to explore a 3D world on a home console, and the ones who started with IV and IV Final (released as IV: Apocalypse in the west) who enjoy the banter between characters and want a more convenient experience, such as being able to combine demons while lying in bed. He says that want to make it so that Shin Megami Tensei V can be enjoyed be all generations, while also being an SMT game made for and because of the current age, in terms of drama, system, characters, and values- Something that is completely new, but fundamentally SMT-like.

atlus would release a switch version of p5 before smtv unfortunately in fact i expect that this holiday season or q1 2020

Atlus has been incredibly adamant about Persona being Sony exclusive. P4 Golden is still Vita exclusive for fucks sake.

There is more of a chance of Persona in PC than in switch unironically

You're not going to see any switch ports from Atlus until SMTV is done.

>>thousands of people buy the Switch for SMTV
This is what SMTfags actually believe.

>He hasn't found some soccar mum on craigslist or gumtree selling her kids shit not knowing its value and got a Vita with a 65gb card for a pittance yet
M8.

damn, really?
then smtv might be in development hell which can be a good thing at times

do not reply to obnoxious bait

>might be
user, I...

anons...he doesn't mention us strange journey bros here

likely falls into the latter generation he mentioned

Strange who ?

Do you even browse these threads? People have been talking about buying or planning to buy a Switch just for SMTV even back when it was labeled as SMT HD Project.

you just had to reply

Attached: hoy.gif (216x178, 717K)

we wait for the rabbit

>I'll grow old eventually so I might as well kill myself today.
Genius

Fuck that
I want a sequel
Its so much better than fire emblem, its so fucking underrated

Wait till TGS
Its where atlus will likely release teasers for Re;fantasy, SMT V and P5R

>he can't get into Devil Survivor
dude, that is your major loss, its honestly at the highest tier of megaten spin offs

Attached: 1556601374585.jpg (719x960, 43K)

>market it as SMT x FE
>but it is actually Persona X Awakening
>also despite clearly trying to get the Persona audience, you can't romance anyone

Every devil survivor is a wild ride desu
The story is usually endearing, even if its not really deep

tms is okay, but it only gets defended so hard as a way to cope with the fact that p5 wasn't a wii u/3ds exclusive like nintendofags swore it would be.

persona and smt aren't made by the same people. it's not p-studio's fault that the smt devs are taking so long to make smtv.
personally, i think the real issue is that nintendo's toy tablet hardware is holding back what they want to do with the game.

>Also COMPs don't exist in Persona outside of the non canon Climax Theatre.
tamaki uses a gump in p2.

I know that is the general opinion. I usually don't give games that many chances. But the sluggish story and anemic combat at the start really drains all my interest. I hope it gets better further in once I manage to push through.
Btw, making unskippable intro cutscenes should be a capital offence.

how far in are you? i shared your opinion until about the 4th or 5th day

Barely even started. A few battles in and almost any other game felt more appealing.
Once I regain interest I have no idea what was going on and restart, repeating the process.

try using demons that increase your movement range/attack range, or ones that let you take an extra turn
considerably helped me enjoy the game
keep an eye out for demon's racial skills, those are the ones that allow your teams to do that stuff. really helps.

The real slog in DeSu is NG+ to get all the endings, it's been a year or two and I can't be bothered

Literally the only reason I bought a switch is for SMTV

Attached: 1536351311771.jpg (1242x1224, 121K)

Remember some years ago when we all yelled at ATLUS (for years) for not updating us on FExSMT?

This feels so familiar to that. I'm just hoping this time SMTV is what we expected and not something unexpected (and bad)

Attached: rAxAT85.png (99x98, 22K)

I want to fuck Barry dressed in bdsm pup play gear!

>4 is almost a reboot
3 is more of a reboot you mean.

>The female protagonist of if shows up in P1
Except she doesn't.

>Persona 2 being better than Persona 2
You P2fags are delusional. P2 is OBVIOUSLY the better game.

Attached: 1559859541847.jpg (150x228, 19K)

>>market it as SMT x FE
>for a SINGLE trailer
>rest of marketing is abundantly clear what it is

SMT #FE turned out good, I'm not worried

Surely we fall under the Nocturne generation, right? Right?

Attached: 1556692060253.jpg (641x889, 158K)

>forcing widescreen on a game not designed for it
do you enjoy tormenting yourself with compromised visual design and graphical bugs?

1 and SJ are irredeemably trash games. They are not fun to play at all, they shouldn't even be called games.

but SMT Dx2 is what they use to fund demon models

I'm pretty sure most of those models are from P5.

Well yeah but they're making brand new models for it quite often. Demons such as Guan Yu, Huang Di and shit have 3D models now thanks to that shitty ass mobage. Hell, even Masakados bald version from SMT II has a 3D model now.

It's a shame, too, because Tokyo Mirage was great, asinine Idolshit plot and cringey Jpop stuff aside.
Hell, I kinda liked the combat a bit more than P5's. It stayed pound-me-in-the-ass hard right up until the end. Every single turn mattered on hard. Pretty much what I want out a had JRPG.

tfw hated everything except the combat. I hated having to stop dungeon crawling to go back and fuse new weapons. The dungeons themselves were fine but jesus christ the constant going back and forth between the fusion room and dungeon gave me aids.

The Virgin TMS
vs.
The Chad Three Houses.

She appears in P1 and both P2 no matter what you want to believe, user. Deal with it.

>No SMT news
>No EO
>Not even news for that garbage musou
>Constant P5R videos
What the hell is Atlus doing

What if they made a SMT game, and then called it Persona?

Focusing on stuff that's coming out this decade lol

EO is dead or going to iOS. You know it deep down too.

Daily reminder NINE will NEVER EVER leave Xbox

Attached: 220px-Shin_Megami_Tensei_Nine.png (220x294, 150K)

Atlus already teased the next EO

And its likely to be Switch exclusive. If a series starts on a brand it will likely never leave that brand. Atlus is stubborn when it comes to multiplats and ports

This really never made sense to me

Why was NINE Xbox exclusive? Atlus has never given a single shit about Xbox except for this one gamr

Because it was originally supposed to have a multiplayer component that ended up getting spun off to become Imagine. In other words, console/PC cross-compatibility.

Xbox was the only way of having a good MMO experience on consoles back in the day thanks to Xbox Live, it suffered from some complications during development which forced them to scrap the multiplayer aspect of the game and instead make it a single player RPG.

It takes a few years to make a game, they announced it as soon as development started so you wouldn't whine so hard about Persona.

Nobody gave TMS a chance because they felt betrayed by the early marketing. Then they spat in the face of the ever-shrinking crowd willing to give it a try with some 4kids-tier censorship that they outright refused to talk about. Pretty solid JRPG, but the people in charge made some goddamn horrible decisions if they wanted it to succeed.

>TMS #FE flopped despite being a good JRPG... maybe Nintendo fans don't want idolshit and waifu pandering?

FTFY

Attached: 1500650162821.gif (360x360, 1.72M)

>Nintendo fans don't want idolshit and waifu pandering

Attached: 374748486325214.jpg (800x1000, 139K)

>anime girl image
You are part of the problem

Except IV: Apocalypse and Strange Journey Redux came out after TMS.
Atlus is just taking their sweet time.

Someone actually was able to emulate it recently. Game is still exclusively in Japanese but no, it is playable on pc.

>Atlus are too poor to make a new SMT game. They're a small studio, give them a break!
Doesn't this change when you have massive repeated success? Instead now it's like they make fewer games than before they were really successful.

I was about to be furious, but this decade's almost over at least. If I tell myself that the wait will be worth it enough times, it'll be true, right?

All I really need to enjoy it is SMT IV:A's gameplay improvements and those sweet sweet Kozuka beats.
Unless something goes horribly wrong, I am pretty sure I will enjoy this a lot.
Everything else like good dungeons and story will just be a bonus for me.

Attached: 1552004227338.png (800x1272, 390K)

>massive repeated success?
Don't kid yourself user, the only "massive" success they've had is Persona 5, and it likely had an inflated budget due to development hell and having to update all the demon models for PS3. Everything else has been niche games for a niche audience, and while they've been profitable you can hardly call them "massive" successes. People act like Atlus is some AAA company. And that's not getting into how fucked they were in the Index years and how they're now owned by a pachislot company whose main reason for buying them was to pillage AtlusUSA for localization staff, which is why P5's localization was so atrocious.

>whose main reason for buying them was to pillage AtlusUSA for localization staff, which is why P5's localization was so atrocious.
fucking really?

Yup, AtlusUSA has been localizing the Yakuza games since 0, and with so many of them being pumped out it meant the people left to do P5 were basically their C-team.

Was it the sole reason, though?