Game you loved but wasnt a financial success or the series just died

>game you loved but wasnt a financial success or the series just died
>never gets a sequel
>Or worse, the sequel is a mobile game
What's her name, Yea Forums? For me it's Rise of Legends, not as well known as Rise of Nations but after replaying both, RoL is obviously the superior game with far more depth and faction differences and better unit design.

Attached: Hippo Dental Care.webm (854x480, 2.71M)

RoL was shit.

No

I don't even want to imagine the smell.

>RoL
Aztec space-tech-gods were best faction.

Attached: rise of legends.jpg (1600x1200, 380K)

Darkness

Spec-Ops: The Line

Just... why?

Attached: 1565333900848.jpg (986x1024, 86K)

>Cuotl
>Good

Vinchi best faction.

Why live ?

Attached: 107962-arcanum-of-steamworks-magick-obscura-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x990, 220K)

Remember Me

What, gay steampunk humans? Boring.

>remember me
>forgotten
like pottery

The greatest RPG of all time and it's not even complete.

Attached: 42.jpg (636x781, 50K)

Who are you?

Never forget what the gnomes did.

Monster Racers DS

You don't say
>nice scifi world
>interesting potential memory hacking mechanics, streamlined and under used
>garbage fighting
>female lead had a nice ass
What a shame

Attached: remember-me-b.jpg (600x315, 41K)

>most dangerous animal in the world
>just giving it a little scrub
Absolute balls of steel

unironically spore

I followed Spore from 2005 to 2008, so you cannot imagine how disappointed i was.
Fortunately we now have other fun space Sims but it still hurt.

Nox. I should be happy because it was a great game and the story was resolved but I just want more. It was a different take on Diablo 2 which I also adore and played every day at the time.

Lost Planet 2 by far

>shit sequel completely off base from previous game
>spin-off which is totally different style of game which is never translated and never can be

And the kicker

>error exists in PC lost planet 2 which causes it to crash when run on a processor with more than 4 cores, meaning eventually the best way to play it will soon become inaccessible
>no chance that capcom will care enough to fix the problem since the game was a financial disappointment to them

Just fuck my shit up capcom

Vampire the masquerade bloodlines

Attached: 1563914424273.gif (460x345, 492K)

plenty of people play it though

Still pretty niche

Evolve

Armored Core.
Murdered by Dark Souls.

Advance Wars.
Murdered by Fire Emblem.

Silent Hill.
Murdered by Konami. Honestly, there's probably a dozen other series that can go here at minimum.

That was dead on arrival

>Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark were perfect successes and died anyway because of fuckery
Makes me so mad. Way more angry than a series I love doing bad and dying.

Attached: 1519246042344.jpg (600x649, 43K)

Tenchu and Shinibido, always a fan of ninja stealth games.

Battlerite.

Not fully dead but in hospice. It doesn't deserve to die the way it is, but the devs decided to waste resources on Le Battle Royale Meme instead of improving the tries and true arena. Then they act all sad when ( somehow ) the dedicated arena fanbase leaves becauss there hasn't been a substantial content update in months.

What the fuck, stunlock?

Attached: IMG_20180131_100204.jpg (707x1000, 86K)

>Or worse, the sequel is a mobile game
How about multiple awful sequels that failed, followed by an awful mobile port?

Attached: 1511142370258.jpg (3264x2196, 2.53M)

That's because Microsoft are literally fucking incompetent and Nintendo completely threw Rare under the bus harder than anyone they've ever done it to. It felt like they held a huge fucking grudge towards them and just let it happen. The day after Star Fox Adventures came out Rare got the boot. Dinosaur Planet went from a really passionate project that was meant to be the N64's Swan's Song and then got ruined. I guess that's how Nintendo treats the company that saved the N64 as much as they possibly could.

Attached: 1540902337066.gif (500x375, 756K)

Zone of the Enders

Attached: 190222-jehuty.jpg (399x640, 32K)

KOTE

Attached: N9oEiem9xuqXQsDxzAdKAQ.jpg (1468x826, 137K)

aren't hippos super dangerous and generally aggressive as fuck? how this nigga not gettin chomped

this so fucking much

eat shit MGS
ZoE deserved the franchise

>hey guys, let's make an HD collection for ZotE
>and then load it down with so many issues that it's practically unplayable
>oh crap, nobody bought our bug-ridden game
>guess there's just no interest in ZotE, might as well cancel the third game
Still mad.

>Game got shipped with an MGR demo code just to try and force people into buying it
Guess Konami didn't realize that Kojimadrones only care about one franchise. Now Sony gets to have their money wasted by that hack.

God Hand and Okami

>IGN killed God Hand

>this!
>so much this!
Jesus christ I can smell you

The Shinobi games. Pic related are the final 2. It is pretty unlikely SEGA will make another.

feelsbadman

Attached: BE36C7AD-7E55-4756-AD68-E2A7DD3E94A3.jpg (640x640, 87K)

grew up around humans and hippos let birds pick food out of their teeth

I don’t get why they do another okami, they remaster and re-release it every generation, and the game reviews well by critics and customers alike. It clearly does well enough for them to continue remastering it, so why not a new game?

*why they don’t do another

Vagrant Story.

How come zoo hippo is so much nicer than wild hippo? Hippos seem like such giant raging assholes most of the time.

They made pic related too, never played it tho. Loved Shinobi ps2.

Attached: shinobi_3ds-1727973.jpg (580x519, 84K)

Legend of Legaia

It had a sequel but sadly the sequel never lived up to the original

>Why is an animal no doubt bred and raised in captivity and exposed to humans at a very young age and taught not to fear them is nicer than a completely wild animal in which they are forced into situations for their own survival

but other zoo animals will still eat people right?

well, both Okami and God Hand were developed by Clover Studios, and this studio died, idk if Capcom has the ip of God Hand but it probably has the ip of Okami, so I think a sequel or at least a spiritual successor of Okami is "very possible"

Not sure if it was a financial succes, but Darkeden had the best PvP for a 2D isometric MMORPG, sadly the game is pretty much dead now.

Attached: DarkEden023.png (400x300, 232K)

I assume it has been tranquilized. I sure as shit would not put my hand near that thing otherwise.

Yes, and that's the mistake that people often make where they'll let their guard down around these kinds of animals mistakenly thinking that they're completely domesticated. There are other contributing factors to this as well, such as the animal's living conditions, their general health, whether or not they've been fed, and if they don't recognize someone. There are reasons why handlers don't often get changed, and grow accustomed to the animals they're designated to handle. Even if an animal is bred and raised in captivity, it should always be treated with the caution of being a wild animal, because that's just how instincts work.

Overlord.

Attached: 1536502080418.jpg (370x319, 26K)

Watch Blackfish if you're interested. We think we can control these creatures but all it takes is a single day where they're in a bad mood and they'll fucking murder their trainer of 10+ years.

Attached: Malcolm.jpg (640x1204, 144K)

>first sequel got aborted before release
>second sequel was mediocre and died miserably, publisher shuts it down
>all mobile spin-offs are shit (not sure about the Java-powered ones, though)
>the mobile remake actually is more about a collectathon of selfies than anything else, plus includes an auto-bot for farming and combat in general
>"spiritual" successor was terrible and just used RO was a nostalgia bait
>overhaul update for the original game divided the community permanently
>classic server got abandoned eventually due to bots, cash shop shit, old fans not having enough time to grind like madmen anymore, etc
Ragnarok had a hard life.

Attached: 1544506517320.png (916x889, 1.05M)

Rise of Nations, Arcanum, TWEWY, Advance Wars, God Hand
Jesus, think of all the people we fucking lost.

The marketing for that game SUCKED. It's nearly unfathomable why they didnt play up the psychological horror aspect when they were making ads. It came out exactly when people were sick of military 3rd person cover shooters, and only advertised itself as that.