Was about to land $25 on it

>was about to land $25 on it
>saw NIS games on sale
>bought Disgaea 5 instead

can someone explain me how exactly is $25 acceptable for five fighters? I almost purchased this shit several times before but I always end up giving up in favor of a full game.

Attached: B515FD49-BB61-4496-A5F3-D4B498FC2FC6.jpg (1200x675, 261K)

It's the same with other fighting games. At least Smash gives you a lot of songs per character.

How many per character?

why do you need a justification? if you want more characters, stages, and music then its the thing to buy. if you don't care then ignore it.

Because its not just five fighters
It's
Five fighters
Five stages
a bunch of music
a bunch of spirits

it's five fighters plus five stages that come with their music. and you get new spirits too
compared to other fighting games' business practices, smash is cheaper

Around 6-9 songs/themes.

the value just never seems to be there

>well actually u alsooooo get
There u go retards will eat it up

It’s not bad at all when you consider some fighting games offering 10 bucks just for one character.

5-6 per character is fighting game standard, and in Ultimate's pass you also get
>1 stage (and they all have way more work put into them than the base game stages that Ult added)
>roughly 10 songs
>roughly 10 spirit fights
>so far, at least one alternate costume that's more than a recolor
The characters who weren't bundled with stages or anything in 4 also were only 4 bucks

It's easily the best value you can get for fighting game DLC.

this also includes the stage and multiple music tracks.

I really don't see how Banjo & Kazooie could have an actual alt unless they go the extra mile and make the N64 model an alt.

what the fuck? are you expecting to just buy the fighters and get every fucking other thing for free?

or the Nuts and Bolts design.

they don't need alts.

I'd feel that price would be shitty for returning characters like Smash 4. Though I think those were cheaper even then so it wasn't that bad. It's a fair price due to all the shit that comes with them and licensing costs.

Let's never ever even joke about those horrid designs being an alt. I agree they don't need an alt but after saying it an N64 poly count alt would be pretty damn cool if the animations weren't a problem. Or maybe just a pair of sunglasses like in the ending.

not every character came with a stage in smash four

Two words.
Dragon
Kazooie

>70+ characters for $59.99
>5 characters for $25
Explain this.

It'll probably have a limited price drop once all the dlc is out. Didn't that happen with 4?

>76 characters, 100 stages, 900+ songs, $60
>5 characters, 5 stages, 100 or less songs, $25
Defend this.

This must be your first exposure to DLC.

different budgets for making things

Plus, basically, you are forced to have all 70something characters, even if you hate some

but wiht the DLC, you don't have to buy it, so they have to account for people who will buy individually.

Just like if you buy shit from a bulk warehouse, it's much cheaper to get a crate full of food instead of buying a single bag.

yeah because they'll go out and license all these big name franchises, make characters and stages from scratch, as well as license the music for use, all for 78 cents per purchase.

Dumbass.

Objectively, I can’t. However, for all the milage I get out of Smash, I really don’t care.

Have you never played Tooie?

Attached: Dragon_Kazooie3.png (567x462, 149K)

nintendies going all out

DLC is for a more niche market (you can only target people who already own the base game) and as such the prices are higher to make a higher ROI.

>Things that are sold individually are more expensive
Stop the fucking presses

Attached: 1565201666243.jpg (600x450, 76K)

>he didn't buy it when it was $19
lmaoing at your life.

Make more money little soi

Damn, how could I forget? What colors would Banjo have with this alt? Just normal Banjo? If this isn't an alt I'm gonna be disappointed now. I'm glad it's not a permanent thing since Kazooies design is better than her dragon form. It would be cool if they ever make a good sequel if it was a transformation can do for contextual things, through Mumbo, or somethin like that.

Most other fighting games are just as bad, the Summer 2019 pack for SFV just has E. Honda, Poison and Lucia for $15, and separately the characters are $6. You can buy them with in-game currency, but still.