Is he, dare I say it, the best video game villain ever?

Attached: 1EDB10DF-1320-4AFD-A083-42F98D888683.png (313x376, 142K)

No

No

No

Who IS the best video game villain?

No

Explain how a one dimensional and obnoxiously unfunny character is a great villain.

He's the goddamn hero.

>DOUBLE RAINBOW XD!
>LE EPIC BUTT STALLION!!!!!
>POOPY POOP POOP XD
Is OP, dare I say it, a faggot?

Attached: 1431879629703.jpg (245x282, 31K)

Oh that Anthony Burch, such a deep writer.

>If I keep making the villain who has done Hitler level atrocities to innocent people say he's the hero from time to time, that means I'm writing a deep character. Boy am I glad to be Anthony Burch.

STANDING HERE

Attached: armstrong.jpg (1920x1080, 160K)

The writing in 2 was so grating I dropped it an hour in. BL > BL2

>tfw not Anthony Burch

Attached: spyro-with-glasses-57ceb01f8b297.jpg (400x403, 58K)

It's amazing how making characters talk less can make for better characters in a game. Seriously though, nobody shuts up in BL2. They make an unfunny joke and then drag it out to make it even worse or they say stuff that doesn't suit them. For example, Scooter making a comment about being an olympic athlete whose parents have high expectations of them. Like, how does some redneck born on a planet in the middle of who knows where in the universe knows about the olympics let alone have the intelligence to make a witty comment about it? I was blown away by the fact that Jack was the villain just in the first level. I thought to myself "This is the bad guy? This annoying asshole that won't stop talking throughout the entire game? This is what they thought would make for a great villain?"

I mean borderlands was already a disappointment as I was hyped from the beginning when it was being shown off in its original realistic form and then suddenly changed to the cartoony style they ripped off from an animator whose demo they looked at and literally stole everything from without any payment. Fuck Take Two games, fuck Randy Pitchford or whatever his fucking last name is and Fuck Anthony Burch.

>villain

I think they haven't presented us yet, friend.
I'm Metal Sonic, the best vidya villain ever.

Attached: Metal Sonic - JoeTE.png (192x128, 41K)

seething

>the respawn stations are canon
>jack shoots roland in the face who doesn't respawn
>suddenly they're not canon any more

>Gameplay mechanic is canon

Attached: 1512426237338.jpg (645x773, 141K)

Any villain that talks to you talking shit is no more than a kiddie cartoon villain

Attached: No Bob.png (307x400, 194K)

he just might be the lamest villain of all time

I'm sure somebody else can post the picture full of plot holes in BL2 and how they can be fixed, but yeah, everything about the Spawn Stations indicate they're an in-universe mechanic and Burch was just covering up his massive plothole when Roland didn't respawn after getting shot by Plot Bullets

it literally is in BL's case, I doubt you played the game

Biggest plot hole in the series. It makes sense as Roland could die because I can see Jack taking the original four off the network, but why does he keep the new group on it? Why would he need them after getting them to bring that power core to Sanctuary. He's actively helping his enemies by doing this.

>create the New You for the first game and have Hyperion control it who are secretly using you to complete their objectives
>not considered canon now as it creates a plothole since they're the villain of the second game

Fuck off. They're writing this shit as the go along and couldn't come up with anything logical. It could have been a simple fix in the first game. Make it a different company that works solely in the New You tech and in the second game have literally any of the original four say "A few years back, Hyperion was able to hack the network and block us from using it and since no one here has any idea how to hack we're just as mortal as the rest of these bandits."

Doesn't Jack own said respawn stations though?
He could very easily just block Roland from using them I figure.

He's not a villain

>It fits my headcanon so it was always canon REEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Dilate

Jack owns Hyperion and Hyperion makes the U-Spawn Stations so he easily could block Roland from using them, but that's never stated anywhere in the game plus there'd be this plothole: >why does he keep the new group on it

Hi Burch, enjoying your Wii U?

you have actual brain damage

He's a great villain

This game is made for schoolkids, what did you expect?

Or you know, don't make it confusing that the enemy owns the respawn stations and then say they aren't canon as to not mess up your story

why wouldn't he just block everyone?

not an argument. Have sex

t. Burch

I figure he doesn't actually think the Vault Hunters can reach him at all, but then again I barely remember the game.

They completely dropped the ball on this guy. Make him into the biggest, annoying piece of shit only for his death to be him just standing there until you shoot him once or let Lilith (with powers to make people explode) just push a purple cloud onto him that just makes him fall over and die. Really? This guy commits a genocide of people, does all these terrible things and that's all that fucker Anthony Burch could come up with for a villain's death? It's like this guy wanted to give the middle finger to the players throughout the entire game as if he was being forced to write for this but wanted to "better things" with his "skills." Even the bad guy from BL had a better villain's death. Fuck this whole game and fuck Anthony Burch.

he's actively hunting them down and gets frustrated when they survive at several points, it's just a plothole

It's worse in the Pre-Sequel. He does everything pretty normally for a Vault Hunter/member of Hyperion, and in many ways, has proven that he's literally out here trying to fix things, but literal armies of assholes and sirens keep stopping him for various reasons. So he goes about most of the game, not actually doing anything evil until pressed, and the second Lilith and Roland see that he has his superweapon meant to penetrate the Vault and get other superweapons to wipe out the bandits, raiders, and thieves (all of which are actively threatening entire worlds, and canonically are a blight upon Pandora), they think he's gone mad with power, betray him, and later show up exclusively to brand him and fuck up his face.

>WOW WHY IS HE SUCH AN UNBELIEVABLE ASSHOLE I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY ANYBODY WOULD ALLOW THIS MONSTER INTO HIS POSITION

In some part of Burch's cuck mind he sees Jack as an actual villain, and every single part of a logical mind will posit otherwise.