My father worked the mines

My father worked the mines
Till the day it took is life

Attached: my father worked the mines.png (639x358, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tRd6OZxrEsU
youtube.com/watch?v=JQ_FSVWR6ZE
youtube.com/watch?v=EDefNSe722k
youtu.be/81dIjlNMuNI
youtube.com/watch?v=R-ZjpM8XR5s
youtube.com/watch?v=dVtCvMOvkVY
youtube.com/watch?v=huRszLt1h9E
youtube.com/watch?v=e4OvULnAgbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=yLPF1ohyNxA
youtube.com/watch?v=YvmxIITL8qs
youtube.com/watch?v=HS65IB7WL4s
youtube.com/watch?v=EHV0zs0kVGg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Hounds is among their best songs

here comes the arm and give us the doctor are the best

Santa Claus had a dad?

Tom listen to yourself

Attached: 30db3005f0959e9207c85e61a6f5e3aebaa678af4ef585b2266eaab1e54a8dab.jpg (1280x1024, 651K)

Could never really "get" into Give Us The Doctor as I did most of the other songs.

Its more of a transition until you get to The Hounds but it sets the stage marvelously

Attached: protomen.png (500x391, 73K)

THIIIIIIS CIIIIIIIITTTTYYYYY

i meant give us the rope, which is before "how the world fell unto darkness"

act 3 when

We will build cities in a day!
Men would cower at the sight.
We will build towers to the heavens!
Man was not built for such a height.
We will be heroes!
We will build heroes!

Attached: Wily.png (474x908, 280K)

Attached: what kind of man builds a machine to kill a girl.png (546x458, 271K)

I WILL NOT BE TOLD WHERE TO STAND
I WILL NOT BE TOLD WHAT TO SAY
NOT BY MAN OR MACHINE
NOT BY YOU
NOT BY ANYONE TONIGHT

YOU NEED TO KNOW
YOU ARE NOT HIM
HIS FIGHT'S NOT YOURS
YOU CAN NOT WIN

The Fall is fantastic to hear live

Literally never.

Is that why he made Guts Man?

I can hear my heart beating
Like a piston in my chest
I'm a phantom racer, JUSTICE in a STEEL MACHINE
youtube.com/watch?v=tRd6OZxrEsU

Attached: Racer X.jpg (1280x864, 167K)

Reminder that Protomen came to Yea Forums once

Man or Machine is their only good song, and the intro to it sucks.

But if I STAY HERE WITH YOU
Then I will LEAVE THEM TO THEIR DOOM

>TWRP did a song with The Protomen

How is this the first I hear of this!?

Attached: 1543528283108.gif (362x270, 1.91M)

Is there a reation between megaman and Osamu Tezuka ?

The part where a ton of it is plagiarized, yeah.

The best song is Keep Quiet, then Breaking Out, then The Hounds.

Reminder that if you have never seen these guys live you are sorely missing out. Amazing performers, amazing energy, amazing show.

youtube.com/watch?v=JQ_FSVWR6ZE

THE SHADOW, IT COVERS YOUR FACE
BUT YOUR EYES SHINE, JUST LIKE MINE
gives me shivers every fucking time

Attached: NOHEROES.jpg (482x361, 52K)

Attached: in the end the only words I can find to believe in are my own.jpg (250x352, 26K)

Mega Man's original design was heavily influenced by Astro Boy.

>Retard has no defense.
Pathetic. You know it's true.

>so I caused the end of humanity
Lmao how fucking salty can you be

>tfw you realise that Protomen is to Megaman as Pluto is to Astro Boy

cool

Attached: gojimahman.jpg (150x150, 13K)

Why would they use a guy with a speech impediment?

youtube.com/watch?v=EDefNSe722k

Attached: 1453404082801.gif (400x225, 1.19M)

CLIMB

CLIMB

CLIMB TO THE TOP OF THE WORLD

AND AS YOU STAND TALL

YOU WILL SEE

THAT WHEN YOU FALL

YOU WILL FALL FROM A HEIGHT

MOST MEN WILL NEVER REACH

Pluto was so fucking good. I would kill for an official MM reimagining in the same vein

Attached: tumblr_oi7u3irZV31r4q539o2_500.jpg (500x743, 90K)

THERE'LL BE A TOMBSTONE
WITH THE PLANET EARTH ENGRAVED UPON IT

Great song, wrong band. Ya dimgus.

*dingus

Guess I'm a dingus too.

I only liked vol 1

I just got into The Protomen recently.
The first album was okay, but the second was amazing. Is there any word on a third one?

Their Queen cover album was also pretty good.

ALL YOU WOUNDED
THOSE OF YOU WHO CAN
DRAG YOURSELVES OFF THE GROUND
HURRY BACK, TELL YOUR LEADER
YOU NEED MORE MEN

Act 1 is kino, man, but you have to give it a few listens and read-throughs before you really start to appreciate it fully if you aren't already into harsher music like that, because it oozes more energy than anything I've ever heard before or since

Man I like the Megas a lot too but their Mega/Rock has got nothing on the sheer steel balls of Protomen's, lines like that send cold tingles all over

love Protomen but never played Megaman, anywhere i should start?

Even here it is not safe
Even this grave has been defaced
Someone has written on this stone
In some angry hand
Hope Rides
ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Emulate probably megaman 2 and 3, maybe some of the others if you're really into the retro ones after playing those, then try X1 and X2 and again push further if you really like them but they get samey and X7/8 are skippable for sure, then the Zero games [the first one is real clunky though, they were finding their footing with the style] and ZX/ZXA after that which people will dispute over the quality of but I'd recommend very highly personally, take of that what you will.

If you didn't like anything much of those for whatever reason, or loved it and just want more megaman in any way, try Battle Network and Star Force for a more RPGish approach or Legends for some good 3d action.

Act 1>Act 2

Act 1 > Act 3 singles (released 4 YEARS AGO) Act 2 > The Cover Up > A Night of Queen

>The best song is Keep Quiet

Attached: 1427647772377.jpg (1366x768, 129K)

Night of Queen > The Cover Up

I say this with love for both

I don't really listen to harsh music in general but I prefer Act 1 over Act 2 because it's fucking raw emotion compared to the how clean and produced Act 2 feels. I'm not even trying to say that like it's an insult but it's just not my preference.

ACT 3 soon guys! Probably sometime this year.

I feel you man, don't worry, I know it's not insulting cause I feel simillar about the amount of emotion in 1 vs 2, but 2 still has some great moments and amazing instrumentals and I love them both to bits

3/11/21

Act 3 never ever

even if it comes out, will it be even half as good as the other acts?

They waited so long for this day
Someone to take the death away
No son would ever have to say
My father worked into his grave

Wouldnt robots just force them out of jobs and they'd be fucked anyway?

I was skeptical at first but the more I've listened the more excited I've become, especially because I absolutely LOVE The Gambler's vocals so an album chock full of them is going to be great

That pretty much happened and then Wily took a tyrannical turn on it

Congrats

Robots doing labor let’s humans focus on other work retard.

KILL PROTOMAN

They are also touring together. Concert was fucking sick!

Breaking out is the best song no contest

WHY DO YOU CRYYYYYYYYY FOR HIIIIIIIIIIIM

you are the dead

Breaking out is made 10x better if you listen to How The World Fell Under Darkness first

Breaking Out is generic Meat Loaf, Keep Quiet is a much better twist on it

kill 'em all

THIS CITY'S SLEEPING LIKE A SOLDIER TRAPPED INSIDE OF AN IRON LUNG

Attached: 1557090278554.jpg (720x720, 24K)

>Tfw doing shrooms and listening to Protomen.

It would be amazing if I could read the opera but shit moves around too much when on shrooms.

Protomen is really cool and creative, but I will always love The Megas. They're the only "game music cover band" that actually makes each song their own by arranging it and giving it a different vibe along with some personality in the lyrics. The History Repeating duology is nonstop bangers.
>I REFUUUUUSE TO BELIIIEEEEEVE
>THAT I'M NOTHING MORE THAN A MACHINE

Attached: 1555016991523.png (413x501, 255K)

Thoughts on Megaman Power Up? I am trying it right now and there is something wrong with the controls. It just feels off. Like is not very responsive.

Attached: 30307373.jpg (800x1131, 259K)

I don't really get what you're trying to say about the protomen in comparison to the megas here, that protomen don't make the music their own by arranging it and giving it a different vibe from the original? Or have they changed it so much you don't classify them as a game music cover band, I hope it's the latter because the former is whack

Bullshit

WE ARE THE DEAD

The Protomen isn't based on the game's music at all

>I've met my maker and the man's a liar

Attached: 1397066215252.png (502x541, 241K)

Protomen make completely original music. It's a rock opera based loosely on the story from Classic Mega Man. The Megas literally take the music from the NES games and cover them.

I know you all have an intense irrational hate towards mobile but I cant be the only one interested in this

youtu.be/81dIjlNMuNI

There's loads of the original music in the Protomens music, but it's buried much deeper and they've built much more complicatedly on it

And who is this you send?
One of them?
While you cower far from harm.
He'll just disappoint you.

Eh, I'm already playing Teppen so if DiVE is free I'll give it a shot. If I can play as Vile or Marino I'd be extra down.

For Act 1 you just have to put aside the low production values in favor of how fucking cool the songs are.

My personal favorite is The Will of One, but all of Act 2 is a close second to it.

Real question how do protomen make money with that many members? They do shit venues or conventions and that's about it.

It's better than playing 1 on the NES, and that's before you get into the multiple playable characters and stage builder.

>irrational

I assure you my hatred of mobile games is totally justified.

Attached: 1329186634222.png (457x380, 262K)

Fuck yes, that part is lit as fuck.

The production almost adds to a couple of the tracks in terms of tone. I love how Vengeance sounds like it's in a very angry man's dirty garage.

I thought you guys gave up. We used to have this thread every night.

Attached: Sniper Joe2.png (1024x576, 561K)

Holy shit

Attached: 1453764113981.jpg (640x480, 50K)

>low production value
The production is very intentional and is extremely well done, it isn't CLEAN or anything like that but it's meant to sound like a worn out record of mechanical robots screaming at eachother in the apocalypse, it's the entire atmosphere of the album

There are still heroes left in man.

The discord I'm frequently on are a bunch of people who like wubstep and such and they don't really like (or dislike) the Protomen when I shared it with them.

The world makes no fucking sense.

I can't be sure but it feels like the board has improved a little since 8ch went down.

IS
THIS
THE BEST YOU GOT
SEND
ME
YOUR STRONGEST MACHINE

Attached: 52B9CA4F-D3A7-4B0D-BDCF-AF4A289BF519.jpg (640x635, 75K)

Dunno why, I know they always use biker helmets for the characters, but I always imagined Sniper Joe and the robot he knicks his head from to have a design more like some kind of all-head-encompassing welding mask, with a fat black one-way screen in the front.
I'd post an image but for some reason my IP range is banned from doing so

They don't which is probably we'll NEVER EVER get Act 3.

it's more like the Sniper Joe enemy in Mega Man, I imagine. a single red eye

I wish I could say the same but there was an incredibly comfy and well mannered game creation thread before the takedown, and a few days later one after that instantly devolved into shit-talking and people arguing over quality of work and some guy with some retarded hero complex screaming at some amateur with pretty bad modelling that he was doing him a favour by driving the thread to shit whining about said modelling because even if the guy was just sharing his literal first attempts, they weren't good enough for him and he needed to perfect them before ever showing them off.
It's probably nothing to do with 8ch overall but man it made me sad when I spent a few days looking forward to the next of those threads

There is a flame that I've been fanning
There is a fire waiting to catch
There is a hell that has been building
From the moment we first met

Joe
If you see Emily
Tell her to wait for me
’cause I’ve still got work to do...

The cover album of "Queen" songs is better than actual Queen. When I was doing my teacher training, I was so upset by it, that I would listen to "Scandal" on the Queen Album EVERY morning on the train. It made it possible to go in.

SO BE IT, SEND YOUR ARMIES
THERES NO MAN OR MACHINE
WHO CAN STOP ME,
AND YOULL SOON SEE
First album is the best album

I hate that I agree with this cause man I respect Queen and Freddy Mercury so much cause they're music is real impressive stuff but it feels so much more fun and easy to listen to the Protomen versions

thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=R-ZjpM8XR5s

>that cover of Princes of the Universe
youtube.com/watch?v=dVtCvMOvkVY
Pretty much all of their covers are good shit, I love their cover of Mr. Roboto too
I'd fucking kill for them to do a cover of Star Fleet - youtube.com/watch?v=huRszLt1h9E

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the Queen originals. There's just this.,.."soull" to the Protomen covers that I feel makes them stand out?

Plus, and I didn't think I'd admit this, but I think The Gambler is one of my favourite singers of all time

For me it's the Silent Running cover

Same, her vocals are fucking incredible, she's got a better pair of lungs on her than near any other contemporary female singer

I actually got into a lot of Scandinavian metal singers because of the Gambler. I didn't know female voices in rock could be so good!

Fuck, the Protomen covers are fucking remarkable. I love their OC for the raw emotion, but their takes on other classics are incredible

Any of you guys seen Streets of Fire?

Attached: 936full-streets-of-fire-poster.jpg (936x1410, 1.02M)

No, but I've seen Bubblegum Crisis
youtube.com/watch?v=e4OvULnAgbQ

To be fair, having a successful thread here is always playing russian roulette where the bullet is an ultra-spectrum internet warrior noticing the thread.

I know this is OT, but I've really enjoyed the resurgance of "Korea Time" threads for Starcraft: Brood War. We're a small, tight knit community that's really come together now that Brood War is back on TV. Every now and then you'll get some nobber who'll try to disrupt it, but it's a really little niche in Yea Forums that I enjoy looking forward to on Sundays

Shit, it sounds like I need to watch Bubblegum Crisis at some point.

Get to it user, it looks and sounds great

Attached: Priss.webm (520x354, 2.97M)

It definitely adds to the songs, the vocals are just jarring at first. I didn't know it was intentional though, that's really cool.

Attached: THEY SAY YOUR EYE'S ON FIRE.png (400x400, 239K)

>Muh Emily

Tried revisiting these a few weeks ago and just didn’t like them as much as when I first heard them

meant for

It's banned cause hiro blanket banned huge swaths to make money selling 4chin passes.

Is this some next level trolling? The Gambler is literally the weakest voice in the bad and even worse live.

Hearing she was being more heavily featured in Act 3 was like being punched in the fucking gut. That in combination with Turbo Lover leaving I'm in fucking agony.

turbo lover leaving pisses me off unimaginably but Gambler is genuinely great, there's no advanced trolling here, but I get it if you don't like her

Yeah, like how you can hear Flash Man's theme in Will of One.
I love that they do their own music, though I'd be lying if I didn't say I'd kill to hear them do Protoman's theme one day.

Just listened to act i. I'm not sure that megaman is meant to be that edgy.

So aside from The Protomen Saga, what other rock operas does Yea Forums like?

Attached: quadrophenia.jpg (600x593, 110K)

Proto men is a shitty indie band. Fucking autist tier.

Had a friend become obsessed with them and it couldn't have been more annoying. Stupid concept band for a bunch of spergs OCs involving megaman. Belongs on retard shit like Gaia online and devart.
Yes I'm mad

Attached: received_484358619006352.png (640x709, 354K)

Volume one was a fun Megaman themed rock album that didn't take itself too seriously. Volume two is melodramatic schlock. Fite me.

Attached: 1545142324974.jpg (200x200, 14K)

It's not, these people are high-school tier faggots

The retards that like protonen dont listen to actual music so probably not

Yeah I have, if I remember right no one dies in that movie despite the explosions and gunfire right? That was pretty neat.
Also the shrimpy guy with the glasses from Spaceballs, he's great.

Call Rick moranis by his FUCKING NAME you young pleb

I'm bad with names, didn't he stop acting to take care of his kids when his wife died of cancer?

youtube.com/watch?v=yLPF1ohyNxA

youtube.com/watch?v=YvmxIITL8qs

Attached: No World For Tomorrow.jpg (600x600, 89K)

Both albums are melodramatic fun schlock. Nothing about that band takes itself seriously, their news page circa Act 2 was 90% relentless shitposting about 80s movies and the tour van they named Jesse Christine

My m-father worked da mines
Till da day it took his wife

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

I like this one: youtube.com/watch?v=HS65IB7WL4s
It sounds more like a Meat Loaf song than the others and Meat Loaf rocks.

I prefer musicals.
youtube.com/watch?v=EHV0zs0kVGg

It'd never happen, but I'd love to see them make a legit stageplay of act 1 or 2.

When I saw them in 2012, they played most of Acts 1 and 2 in order and they have a lot of presentation in their live show. Not quite a full on opera, but it was rad as hell.

When I saw them again last year they played about half covers and their original songs weren't in order with the album. They didn't even play Breaking Out/Keep Quiet. I was kinda let down, but it was still a good show.

>that cover of Survivor's "No Easy Way Out" from the Rocky 4 soundtrack
>replaced the 80's synth with spanish guitar and brass

Attached: Muh Dick!.webm (1080x608, 2.69M)

Yes. He was raised alone by his mother, and he decided to retire from acting so he could be the best father that he could be.

Both the original and 2040 are well worth the watch.

Upon constant re-listening of both albums I'm going to have to say the first album is much better, pretty much every track is something I can listen to over and over again whereas the second is fantastic but has a few duds. Also the sound for the first album born of lower production values is exactly how it needs to be.

I fought to keep my mining job and I’ll keep fighting to have my kids die in a mine too