Would you worship the Marker?

Would you worship the Marker?
Also Dead Space thread

Attached: CC3B5699-81E8-44FC-B5E1-CA029EBB6F92.jpg (680x1004, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monolith_(Space_Odyssey)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Make us whole, Isaac. Bring this thread back on the first page!

Altman be praised anons

FUCK

Fuck you

NO WAY FAG

t. Altman
FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MARKER AND FUCK YOUR THREAD

Attached: 1561022281829.jpg (747x1080, 161K)

FUCK YOUR MARKER

So was there anyway to kill those faggot moons or is everyone fucked because you can't kill a celestial body?

why would you worship something that has a real measurable effect that you could study instead?

>his favorite weapon wasn't the Line Gun

Attached: Marker-chan.jpg (2249x3198, 1.79M)

Attached: 1489131315865.jpg (640x528, 217K)

Did anyone ever fuck themselves up the ass with that DS3 Collectors Edition marker dildo on camera?

Attached: 1546333504465.png (239x270, 14K)

Wait... source?

We'll find out in Dead Space 4

Attached: 1488775973078.jpg (780x577, 288K)

lul

Planet cracking is a reality in DS universe. Also you've to remember that the Hivemind was killed in Aegis planet when a planet cracked chunk falls down directly on a planet.

So an ishimura type ship can technically fuck up a bretheren moon with a chunk of space rock if thrown or catapulted directly towards it.

Too soon

I can't believe you've done this

Dead space necromorphs are probably the scariest monsters I knows from video games.

They REALLY scares the shit out of me.

>Altman
>Worshiping the Marker.
What?

Attached: Atlman's choice weaponry.jpg (1920x938, 234K)

Really though. The weird ass scream of the hallucination still scares the shit out of me.

Whats everybody’s favorite area from any of the games?
Probably either the opening for 2 or when the station first gets infected

All the noises they make were great too.

I actually really, really, really, love the sound the Markers make when they converge.

The area where you first meet the Stalkers. Scared the shit out of me.

>the weird whale sound of the head nexropmorph

I always felt like the dude from Jurassic park being hunted by the raptors at that part

How the fuck do I beat Hard Core mode?

Don't you fucker insult /ourboy/ Michael. He died for EarthGov's sins. I wonder if he could've survived if not for that retard he took with him on the boat.

git gud

Pulse Rifle is your main weapon, Plasma Cutter and Force Gun are your secondaries. Abuse Kinesis with talons and spikes as much as you can. Stalkers can always be baited by putting your back into a corner that has a view of both sides then just shoot their leg before shooting their arm and they die. Stalkers also only spawn new waves when you pass certain points, the room with the trip mines on the floor only has like one or two Stalkers until you move past a certain point. For the Stalkers in the Unitologist Church just rush to the elevator on the other side and it'll destroy their AI because they pretend you don't exist on it and reset back to their usual spots.

Save 1 should be either at the end of the morgue in the church or after the Iron Man segment that catches you up with Ellie (This is a bit after the exploding babies get introduced). Both points have a lot of insta-death moments and the latter is right before Leapers start one-shotting you in the bird area.
Save 2 should be somewhere around the Ishimura or a bit after it (Right after you come off of it and fight the Stalkers).
Save 3 is either before you find Vandal's body across from the elevator or after the drill. If you're crazy you can also do it after the eye poke.
360 only - If you get to the disk change before you make a save, change the disk, and die after it'll only revert you to after the disk change, not to the beginning of the game.

If you're on PC enable Hacker Rooms, there's no reason not to. If you're on PS3 or 360 I heavily recommend you get Ignition and beat it for the Hacker Rooms since the Hacker Suit gives you a good defense boost very early on and it gives you like three free Power Nodes.

Attached: deadspace2 2015-10-22 04-10-56-37.jpg (1920x1080, 202K)

Attached: ahem.png (1440x1531, 1.26M)

What a coincidence, I 3d printed this yesterday.
Dead Space 4 never ever

Attached: marker.png (369x501, 304K)

Looks like you ordered that from Bad Dragon

>BANG!
>here's Isaac!

Turn it into a necklace.

In the future Bad Dragon became so big it made it's own religion with people worshiping dildo pillars

The smaller is bigger than an adult hand. And necklaces are for pussies. Bad dragon substitute or nothing

I've always wondered. If Isaac made a Terminator, surely the AI wouldn't be affected by the Marker's signal, right? It wouldn't go "Exclamation: Praise the Marker" over and over again like most organics.

Never played Dead Space. Why the fuck would i worship the Marker, doesnt it make the undead alien things?

Attached: 1562310815045.jpg (608x608, 70K)

Low IQ people are made to worship the marker by default because it fucks with your head
High IQ people are not affected by this

Returning to the Ishimura in 2

FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR THREAD

It still hurts

The Marker projects a signal which causes highly intelligent species to create more markers to spread more of the signal, life forms that aren't intelligent enough are driven mad and eventually broken down into goop which converges into a giant goop flesh planet which is used to transport the marker to distant planets to spread the signal further. Humanity is just barely on the borderline so some start worshipping and replicating the marker and most get gooped.

You fool, what have you done?!

Where did you get the file for the printer from?

Good to see that people still care about Chad Space: Featuring the engineer who fucking stopped 2 outbreaks no soldier could even stop

user is gonna get us all killed

So is there an actual point or do the markers really want to perpetuate their evil radio channel as much as possible

Only theories
>Could have been a haywire terraforming device
>Could have been completely benign to the species that created it and it's entirely unintended
>Could have been some sort of weapon
>Could even be an intelligent lifeform in and of itself and the markers are just its larval stage

The real debate is

Marker vs Monolith

Hm okay

Marker

I just woke up one day and felt it in my mind

user pls

Damnit Fred, I thought I told him to stop whispering things into people's ears at night while they slept.

>tfw the """Leaked""" original DS3 story will never exist

Cant remember, but had to search “3d print dead space marker” and find a proper file through google images. It was on one of regular pages for files that did NOT give results from the page search itself.

Someone kill this guy before it's too late

If you could make these out of wax they'd be bitching candles

This series needs to be rebooted, a game like the first one in today’s age would be awesome

No it doesn't. It needs to be left the fuck alone because despite all of EA's fuckery it still managed to have a beginning, middle, and conclusive ending. Reboots can fuck right off.

What leaked story?

>Could even be an intelligent lifeform in and of itself and the markers are just its larval stage
I think this is the canon answer, the brethren moons create markers and distribute them as a means of reproduction

Altman, be praised. Also who was worse? The CEC from Dead Space, or the UAC from Doom?

The CEC was just a mining company who's ship was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Depending on iteration, the UAC were just experimenting with teleportation and struck hell, were actually run by Satanists looking to break into hell, or were drilling for the sweet infernal crude.

hell no, thing looks like a dick

I think he's referring to the one involving a figment of Isaac's mind, something the journo's coined as "Isaac's shadow"

Keep in mind this is probably pure bullshit, but...........

>Game takes place on Earth with Isaac being captured by Earthgov
>Held in military court for treason
>During the trial the Unitologists unleash a Necromorph outbreak by making Markers on Earth
>Isaac escapes with the help of a high ranking official
>Tells Isaac that they have discovered a brethren moon on it's way to Earth but they think they found a way to sever the Necromorph hive mind which should render them essentially braindead
>They need to get the original Black Marker that Altman sunk in the Atlantic Ocean
>Majority of the game takes place in the deep sea

And yet, the Bretheren Moon appears capable of similar gravetic manipulation.
Hell, the marker alone can do it, as seen in the convergence events.

While the organism itself might well be killable by kinetic bombardment, it might be able to defend itself from it.

That sounds fucking rad. Goddamn EA

>The CEC was just a mining company who's ship was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
No they weren't. The run of the mill guys maybe, but the CEC was run by Unitologists who wen there specifically to dig up the marker. EarthGov knew about the Markers, and knew one was on Aegis VII, so they quarantined that entire region of space. The CEC sent the Ishimura in to get the marker illegally knowing full well what it was.

This sounds amazing

>EA was about to trademark "Dead World" some time after Dead Space 3 released
>got beat to the punch by Deep Silver
It could be something. It could be nothing. The head of Visceral did say that their idea for the next game involved some faraway colonists scavenging every ship and planet they come across just so they could go back to Earth.

Gravitational manipulation is one thing, but the amount of force that can be put behind relativity bombs can wipe out pretty much anything, it's entirely possible that with enough velocity behind it, run of the mill kinetic bombardment would vaporize them.

Fuck me

basically Voyager

that'd be awesome, but it is probably bullshit.

Just remember that this is EA we're talking about here. Remember Spore?

Anyone else think these games would've been a lot more terrifying if they were in first person?

It comes down to the range and force it can exert.

It may be possible for it to deflect such a projectile, but not with enough force or enough range to matter.
It may be possible for it to exert enough force to simply stop it or even reverse its course.

There is still the option of overwhelming its capabilities with numbers, but the question then becomes how many will that take?

It is possible that its abilities are primarily widespread and just enough to overcome planetary gravity, as seen at the end of 2 and 3. Or, it could be that its capabilities at that time were limited for defense because it was using them in such a wide-spread fashion.
Though, it should also be remembered that the specimen was not fully formed when disabled by Isaac.

nope.

But then we wouldn't get all those nice death animations

Hell No. There was nothing more terrifying than walking down an empty corridor as a necromorph leaps into frame from behind you.

This is true. They'd basically make every animation into "You fucked my face"

Wasn't the deal that the marker MAKES you worship it?

Only if you're weak willed

I think it was scary enough in third person. Besides you'd miss out on parts of the nice HUD.

Gotta be a brainlet first

Weak willed ones become subservient
strong ones get nagged to insanity

Fuck you and fuck your marker.

Yes!

Now use the Plasma Cutter!

This might actually work! Considering how Isaac's suit can traverse through space with a pair of boosters and an oxygen tank it would be no different than the ocean. It's such a shame how Dead Space 3 turned out, but fuck me wasn't the weapon customization amazing.

It sounds like a loud ass BRAAAAAAAP

The weapons were the worst part

Is DS3 at least fun? Does it have any redeeming qualities whatsoever?

I still haven't bothered with it after all these years because of how panned it was

Where were you when user doomed the entire human race?

Would a tiny Marker make tiny Necromorphs?

I wonder which would be better: Dead Space 2 as it is vs. System Shock 2 with DS2 -tier graphics and a modern (non autistic) control scheme? Which game has a better story, who would win in atmosphere?

Don't know but I'm going to try it today since I got it for free a while ago

Monolith

The lame parts are where you fight other people and it just turns into a gunfight

IMAGINE
DEEP
SEA
NECROMORPHS

Attached: image.jpg (1136x640, 46K)

Marker-sama will these fucking ear wigs and house centipedes stop trespassing my home?

Dunno, hasn't had the change yet.

no, because I am not dumb enough.

It was alright... but it was far from what it could have been.

This is less of an issue that many make it out to be, but it is still an issue.

The game also vastly overuses the regenerator. There's even an optional area where there're like 6 of them.

The characters are also flat out retarded. Full stop, paste eating morons. Its no wonder future humanity is going extinct with these sterling examples of intelligence.

That said, I enjoyed playing it. Though it is the worst of the series. Its biggest sin in my book though, is it makes space R'yleh fucking boring.

What's the Monolith?

>into a giant goop flesh planet
LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH

I see. Thanks user. Will go hunting later.

Attached: 1527901704415.jpg (399x464, 46K)

It still hurts

No

Dont listen to this retard. Just get the ripper, one blade can kill up to 4 necromorphs so you can sell all the excess ammo to upgrade your rig pronto. As for saving, that should be self explanatory if you've beaten the game enough times.

Not him, but the only monolith I can think of is from 2001.

Definitely not anything for Dead Space.

But seriously, what are you talking about?

How in the world is Ripper worth it until you upgrade it more or less fully? The damage it deals isn't that great until you invest into it heavily and you have to be at a certain range for the blades to even hit a Necromorph while it doesn't even stun the things. It's a high risk weapon as far as my experience goes.

I'm also wondering what is talking about

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monolith_(Space_Odyssey)

>It's a Stalker episode

Attached: 5edd700ab8ae4afba2c9445a424e0b30.jpg (463x558, 72K)

Thanks, I don't read much

>It's a Leaper episode

Attached: image.jpg (821x826, 158K)

Hate those fuckers

IT'S BASICALLY FREE ENERGY

Attached: Iron_Man_And_Some_Fag.jpg (488x361, 36K)

DESTROY THAT SHIT IMMEDIATELY

>inb4 user printed the end of our world because he wanted a dildo

>sticks it up his ass
>it starts to transform him
>this marks the beginning of the end

I always knew fags would cause the collapse of civilization

Attached: small but furious freaker.jpg (225x225, 5K)

L-LEWD!!!!!

Attached: blood.jpg (826x1024, 108K)

Am I the only one with fond memories o fDead Space Extraction?

>muh glow worm
>muh slow walk

Yeah sure but also
>muh sex pp when Lexine nude scene
>muh gore pp when waggle to cut off your own fucking hand damn teenage me found that absolutely metal

Games kinda trash but I like alot.

Attached: ds11.jpg (962x539, 86K)

What would you realistically do if a Necromorph outbreak happened and you had full knowledge of the games? I'd still probably just kill myself. Then again that's what they WANT you to do but still. Better than being torn apart.

Fight to the death

I liked that it made the flamethrower actually really good for once. 2 also helped in that manner but it was really great in Extraction.

Try to get out of there. If I can't do that then kill myself.

i only worship BBC

I only played half of the first game, but the lore in dead space is awesome. I feel like it could make for a good RTS or something as well.

story was much more interesting before they fleshed it out in 2 & 3. not everything needs to be explained. that's why 1 will forever be a top 5 game for me.

Depends on the severity. The fact that there aren't any Unitologists helping to spread the flame means we have a better chance.

Yeah wish there was more of it.

I remember the PS Move was terrible for these games ironically, despite being clearly technically superior.

This. The somewhat ambiguous relationship between the Markers and the Necromorphs was much more interesting than what happened.

>Low IQ people are made to worship the marker by default because it fucks with your head
>High IQ people are not affected by this

Sounds pretty Marker in here.

Low I.Q. people go murder/suicide.
High I.Q. people get to work making more Markers.

Puppet or meat, take your pick.

No, you blithering fucking retards. No.

You don't just magically go from Lovecraftian spiral dildo statues to fucking Beksinski flesh monsters in a hard-scifi setting.
There's nothing ambiguous about that. It's just plain lazy. It also doesn't make you secial for having the hipster opinion. Fuck off.

they had an awesome premise, and the best they came up with was giant living flesh moons.

fucking retards.

Explaining the recombinant flesh code is fine but the Markers going from semi-helpful (completely stopping the outbreak) to moustache twirling evil was a disappointment. Also I'm just salty about 3 in general. Moons are cool but poorly executed.

High IQ people become puppets only after direct, long term exposure to Marker signals. And that's if they don't become schizophrenic murderes in the first place.
Black Markers aren't like the Reapers, where everyone becomes obedient harvest; Markers need to perpetuate themselves first so they need useful tools.

Attached: 1548918886283s.jpg (250x247, 8K)

Your proposition is correct and I agree with it.
But what we got is still leagues better than "dude forked stone cocks make spooky murder monsters lmao".

it doesn't play or feel like an 11 year old game at all desu

Aged like wine

Attached: unknown.png (1920x1080, 2.35M)

I think we've found an agreeable middle ground. You are also correct.

I still can't believe how good it looks on a 360. The lightning is god-tier.

>Dead Space was 11 years ago

Attached: Jizz Zombie.jpg (975x839, 243K)

>dude forked stone cocks make spooky murder monsters lmao
This is the best thing I've heard kek