I've literally have never played an MMORPG in my life

which one should I play as a first

Attached: 1541414901548.jpg (960x914, 122K)

none

Don't.
It's a waste of time moreso than regular videogames are and MMORPG's revolve around tolerating bad game design inherent to the genre

Runescape

What kinda gay ass tumblr ashteic pic is this

>I was never addicted to cigarettes, which brand should I start to smoke

This. MMOs are objectively bad games. They're more expensive time-sinks/time-killers with the most barebones of mechanics than actual games.

Either old school runescape or wow classic if you can ignore the autist but you gonna need to socialize in it in order to progress, if you want a story driven experience get ffxiv but be warned ARR is a big sluggy chore most people will just quit after 20 hours

Attached: illust_76162629_20190809_101931.png (3010x2444, 2.79M)

If you have to then either Old School Runescape or FFXIV
But honestly
Just don't

the only MMO with gameplay that was actually fun was Dungeon Fighter and that wasn't really a true "MMO", more like a lobby with beat-em-up instances

and even that was eventually ruined with necessary grinding for dungeons that you need to memorize boring shit for at some point. Pretty sure that was replaced by now but the damage has been done and it never became popular in the west (popular as fuck in Korea though).

There are no worthwhile MMOs anymore.

Attached: 1412833628044.gif (320x239, 984K)

None. Only old MMOs have any worthwhile gameplay and that's not even OLD GOOD, NEW BAD. They're just really that garbage.

Your limited time on this planet is way too valuable to be spent on grindudindu games.

Go to the gym, pick up learning a skill from home, go out and meet interesting people.

you're too late to the party - it's not about ERP and enjoying the game anymore, it's minmaxing using wiki guide permamently glued to the game window

You already missed the golden age of korean MMO's.

>hey yo so I wanna play this genre that died literally 10 years ago, where do I start?

Attached: 1550043825757.jpg (384x379, 25K)

try the classic launch, even if it's a just a paid p server

Attached: 1560153713371.jpg (1493x1200, 489K)

shoo shoo asmon

World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy XIV

Swtor, you only need to sub for one month to get all existing content forever. It has same gameplay as wow/ffxiv but better solo content.

Attached: 1564250618534.jpg (239x600, 35K)

I've been playing FFXI again. I did it just because I wanted to see some stuff in game that I can't really outside it, but then I just kept playing. It felt like a cozy time waster, but now I've started talking to people and I remember why the game was so painful for me: I don't like people.

Keep in mind that if you’re not going into them purely for the social aspect you are 100% wasting your time, they are designed as social experiences and sacrifice everything that makes a video game good in the process.

Runescape is just grinding skills to move to the next level of grinding skills, you should feel bad for recommending people to play that. the PvP was okay 15 years ago, but just okay, and that was 15 years ago. Shame on you anons. Even more shame if you actually bought into the nostalgia meme and started playing it again yourself.

World of Warcraft is your most newbie friendly MMO. Easy to learn, easy to get end game. I would suggest starting there. You can play up to level 20 for free before you decide whether it's for you.

Attached: 1550577689522.jpg (1920x2666, 589K)

>retail wow
Leveling in that shitfest has to be the most boring shit you can set out to do. Nothing fights back, talents every 15 levels, flight paths every 10 feet and constant spec swapping instead of actually giving classes a good baseline.
Only reason they let classic be a thing is to boost their sub count.

Attached: 1557052329644.jpg (600x338, 49K)

wow classic when it comes out if you want a good traditional MMORPG
FFXIV if you want the modern more casual-oriented kind of MMO
ESO if you really really like elder scrolls and just want to pretend you're playing a single player RPG
FFXI if you're a 35 year old boomer with a tolerance for 2002 graphics and game design
and stay the fuck away from modern WoW at all costs

This runescape is the most boring thing in existence
>HURR DURR CLICK THE TREEE 1000 times yayy u got da level no u can go do quest o wait u need to get 5 Other skill up better go click something else 100 time

You missed all the good ones. Blizzard burned the MMO market to the ground and salted the earth. The genre is dead forever.