This Year's Steam Summer Sale Was A Mess, Game Developers Say

kotaku.com/this-years-steam-summer-sale-was-a-mess-game-developer-1836215859

>“Last sale, I made over $2,000,” the developer wrote. “This one I’ve barely made $200. Thank you.”

>Developers are chalking this up not just to wishlist issues, but also changes in the way Steam recommends games, as well as changes to the structure of the sale itself. Nepenthe and To The Dark Tower developer Yitz pointed to Steam’s data on his games, which showed that the “vast majority” of his store page traffic came from outside Steam, as opposed to from built-in recommendation systems like the front page, the discovery queue, tags, and games’ “more like this” sections. Data from the first half of 2018, meanwhile, shows less than 20 percent of his traffic coming from external sites, while over half came from within Steam. This, Yitz says, has been an issue since October 2018, when a Steam algorithm bug caused big games to make big gains in traffic while small games lost out. While Valve said in December that the issue had been fixed and the flow of traffic re-normalized, some developers say their games never recovered. Yitz is in this camp.

>“Before October 2018 (and for a few months after that while I gave Steam the benefit of the doubt), I told anyone who asked me that Steam was 100% worth it for indie developers,” he said in a Twitter DM. “Now, that trust is gone, and it’s not because I’ve changed or become more cynical... This Steam sale was a disaster, but I’m far more concerned about the overall trend we’ve seen in the Steam algorithm since October last year: pushing unpopular (including ‘mostly negative’ reviewed) triple-A games over titles that Steam has more than enough data to know would be a better match for the consumer.”

How will Steam drones defend this?

Attached: steam sale mess.jpg (800x444, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/WSy_ouMSe8D9vnJxSM7clA/
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/469888450/#469893201
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/VUZPRTcNwwesiYdQAjFhkw/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Kotaku
ether post archive or die slow and painfull chinkoid

>Yitz
literally who

>linking directly to a Kotaku article
Jackass.

>Still posting this shit

>kotaku

Attached: uuy.png (822x844, 222K)

This has already been posted numerous times, and it's kotaku. kill yourself.

Who gives a damn. Fuck off back to shitaku, you bitch. I don't care about someone elses profit margins. Thread hidden.
>this kills the shills

Can someone turn this bot off already?

Reminder that Epic shill shitposting is done by an INCREDIBLY mentally ill shitposter that only makes threads on Yea Forums to bait (You)s and shit up the board.
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/WSy_ouMSe8D9vnJxSM7clA/
Here he fucks up during posting the shitpost copypasta for Monster Hunter World with a picture that he uses for Epic shill copypasta:
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/469888450/#469893201
Furthermore:
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/VUZPRTcNwwesiYdQAjFhkw/
And you can expect the OP to quickly become a copy paste for him to spam as well.
The mods have confirmed that this guy is a huge autist that uses proxies to evade range bans and creates endless shitty threads, because he has nothing better to do with his life.

Attached: 1558444110582.jpg (870x633, 328K)

OP is somehow even slower than Kotaku. Stop posting this faggot shit.

slowepoke.jpg Chang

>subhuman bing bing wahooer that ruins every MH thread is the subhuman constantly spamming pro Epic shit
Yep, checks out.

>NO STOP DON'T REFUND MY 2 HOUR WALKING SIMULATOR HOW DARE YOU, YOU FUCKING NAZIS

Attached: 1539196062204.png (640x732, 219K)

hes not even exclusively a nintendo fag
hes one of those shitposters that just shits on everything to bring down the overal board quality

>no archive
>kuckaku
Imagine being so pathetic that you get paid to viral market on this via honeypot rather than stacking shelves or flipping burgers

I haven't bought anything from a sale in years.
Fuck valve and steam and gaben.

Download my fucking launcher already

I feel like there are multiple people like this on this board, and it's really sad that they have so much power here just because the mods are fucking useless.

This wouldn't have happened if they go to Epic Store instead.

yeah, then they would have had 0 sales.

Wait, is this the same guy that picks a new game to shitpost about now and then?
I'm pretty sure he's being doing this shit for fucking years.

i wont be surprised if this guy alone contributes to 20% of the shitposting on Yea Forums

Yeah, with the 20 games on their store and its already impossible to find anything due to their retarded store design.

how many times are you going to repost the same thread, epicuck? nobody cares about some retarded devs' shit games not selling

>some retarded devs' shit games not selling

Artifact?