Which Shin Megami games have the best story?

Which Shin Megami games have the best story?

Attached: Shinmegamitensei.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

SJ and IV

Persona 5

Dx2

Attached: Screenshot_20190809-071719.png (720x1280, 790K)

SMT II and Strange Journey

The persona series

IV and IVA.

I really liked SMT I story but the gameplay it's awful.

IVA is so good

>IVA
Jesus fuck no, literally the worst writing in the series.

IVA is brilliant because it tricks you into thinking you're playing a Persona game before reminding you in the harshest of ways that it is mainline SMT.

what's the latest with V?

Attached: crier.gif (112x112, 158K)

Nothing since 2017, retard frogposter.

It looks like it's been delayed for a PS4/PS5 release, makes sense, every game that runs on Unreal engine on switch looks like it's half a generation behind games running on a proprietary engine.

IV-A

Let me guess, you fell for the "it has friends so its persona" meme.

Keep on begging.

None of the mainline games have particularly great storylines. They are all super barebones and basic as fuck, which is perfectly fine.

Have you even played 1 or 2?

Last news came about a year ago. Most of the demons are in the game and they've been in full production since February 2018 so we'll likely get something either at TGS or via an Atlus stream event early next year.

The game entered full production last year. Before that it was all concept and planning, which is why we never saw anything beyond the announcement. We're likely to see something by the end of this year and I wouldn't be surprised if it came out in 2020.

Yes, have you?
SMT1's writing is just all around ridiculously boring. It has 2 or 3 somewhat entertaining characters, but the plot itself is barely worth mentioning.
2's story is a bit better, but it's still not particularly exciting or anything to really write home about. What it does have though is a ton of super memorable characters and great atmosphere.

As much as I dislike the game, IV probably had the best storyline out of all the mainline titles.

Persona. SMT games are trash and there is a reason it died and Persona replaced it

P2 EP/IS and DDS 1/2.

SMT games usually don't have all that amazing storylines, they focus more on atmosphere and characters.

Attached: 6f9622224cd5a31b52ac5ddfc0eb4dd3.jpg (850x1376, 131K)

None. Atlus are terrible at story telling department.

Attached: 1564854668642.png (768x672, 21K)

Outside the gimmick of fighting YHVH, which is cool, SMT stories are fucking terrible. Like a solid 0/10.

Mainline SMT storylines are so dry they’re non existent. Same with the the characters, they’re so goddamn boring and forgettable, and they all look retarded.

Then we have the Persona games. These games have so much dialogue yet still manage to have no substance at all. How can they dump 50 hours of dialogue and still have a practically non existent storyline? The entire plots are basically over convoluted explanations as to why magical dungeons exist in their world. That’s all it boils down to.

The saving grace of Persona games is that their characters are someone charismatic. But they’re all kids which makes it very difficult for an adult to relate to. Even when I was a kid I hated high school settings. And since the story is so terrible, they never do anything worthwhile with these characters. They do get development, but the game accomplishes this by making you spend half of the entire game on daily life, just walking around Tokyo and doing boring shit like going to school and sleeping. Gameplay wise it’s a disaster, which is I like to say mainline SMT is like Persona without all the boring parts.

Attached: C8E9E770-4B8B-44CB-B1AB-7BCD4796006E.jpg (610x502, 36K)

digital devil saga

Won't have to come TGS this year.
Keep begging for that P5 port though, we know it's never going to happen, ignore that Joker is literally in Smash Bros, even though his game will never touch a single Nintendo platform ever.

I just bagen this game 3 days ago, where do i get this scene?

Why the fuck would he care ? We can still emulate P5 on pc, are you able to do the same with SMTV ?
Also, imagine liking P5. I was disappointed.
I have a PS4 and a Switch, console wars are fucking stupid imagine being loyal to corporations. It's just video games, entertainment. You should invest your energy in something more worthwile user.

Based

Nice bait

Can we agree Nocturne has the worst story?

None of them, they’re fucking retarded.

Lol no, DeSu 1 has the best story.

Devil Survivor

Attached: 1564421320692.png (400x240, 61K)

SMT has only improved with every iteration.
**besides IV:A ofc**

I'm 100% confident SMT V will be the best game of the franchise once it comes out

Apocalypse is the best gameplay wise