Eastern Europeans, when you played GTA IV did you feel a sense of belonging?

Eastern Europeans, when you played GTA IV did you feel a sense of belonging?

As an American, I felt out of the place even though the city felt American but the characters felt foreign to me.

Attached: gta_iv_characters_by_leipeaap_d2k5o7z-pre.jpg (1032x774, 120K)

Kind of, mostly thanks to Roman who felt a lot like my own family.

Roman is a good portrayal of Eastern euro immigrants to the US. Driving taxis and bragging to everyone back home as a cope.
Nico is pretty bro but nothing special

How come we never get to play as a redneck character?

Not what you asked for but I'm Dominican and Rockstar nailed the Dominican raised in NY 100% correctly with Luis and his friends.

Trevor Phillips, even though he is technically Canadian is a redneck.

So how the fuck did a Bong company nail this shit?

because they're not all brits retard, they have studios all over the world with people who live/lived in the areas the games are set in

I came to the US when I was young so no I didn't.

Yes
And release state VladivostokFM was awesome

The game is hardly Eastern European. The main character is a caricature of a caricature of a "Serbian" character from Behind Enemy Lines. He supposedly talks about the war with Croatia but generally Niko is a generic Russian thug arcetype Americans made a long long time ago and then the Houser brothers made their version of that. Not much anyone can empathize with.

Attached: drowning.jpg (840x924, 87K)

The actual spoken Serbian in the game sounds horrible, they could've hired some rando off the streets here for less and for more accurate results of a Serbian trying to speak English

>that moment nico goes to fight Albanians
>that moment when nico calls them scumbags before and after
>that feel when Albanian
>immediately stop playing because of this but also because the pc port was garbage

Attached: C95610B6-5C1D-42D6-9EF1-B6CE5819A732.jpg (660x574, 31K)

Imagine being this fucking sensitive.

Ya I couldn't even understand what he was saying at times. Threw me completely off guard.

Not really, the US really isn't that different from eastern europe

Albanians are scumbags, but Serbs are retarded enough to believe they are any better.

t. Albanian

Russian though was very nice

Attached: image.png (640x400, 235K)

living in the US and visiting Eastern Europe often I can tell you that you are wrong

I would have played it more if nico would have fought more Albanians and Albanians were more involved generally, unironically. But the port was shit and the combat garbage.

I agree.

The way they spoke Serbian was really odd. It was totally not how their language is spoken.

As a native serbo-croatian speaker, all of the serbian lines sound awful. They should have gotten serb or at least russian voice actors. Also its Nikola Belić not Niko Bellic.

one of my fav missions is beating up those filthy šiptars

albanians are one of the most sub-human retards to have ever been born, unironically kys

Shut up pablo

pablo?

yeah go stab each other in the street and make kebab you useless fucks

What's the difference between an Albanian and an Armenian?

The characters were nice, pretty true to what I saw growing up here. It was especially nice that Vlad and peds were voiced by real russian actors. It sounds super obvious and cringy when a non-slav does a slavic voice.

I recommend anybody who wants more of the same atmosphere to watch Бpaт and Бpaт 2. Second one is literally set in USA with Russians in it.

Attached: aux_lada_new_york.jpg (960x640, 182K)

2 completely different countries in completely different regions.
armenians are orthodox and albanians are mostly muslim