Help

I wanna role Paladin in WoW Classic to become a healer but it looks so boring to level up. Is it as bad as it looks? Is it going to be more fun once I reach 60?

Attached: Holy-paladin.png (1366x768, 1.36M)

It will take you 2 month to level.

You will join a raiding guild after.

You will help the Guild Master, his girlfriend and officers gear up.

You will only get scraps for like 4 months until they become Best in Slot.

They will disband the guild and get bored when they need to raid for your gear.

Have fun.

You can either level as ret or you can team up with someone to be their dedicated healbot. You won't enjoy trying to level as holy at all.

speed run is 4 days and everybody has played this game enough to know optimal routes to do it in less than a week
your game will only have a dead playerbase of streamer following retards after the first month

>You won't enjoy trying to level as holy at all.
Ret's only get:

-> 5% more crit
-> 2 second cdr for Judgement
-> a seal that does the same damage like Righteousness with more RNG,
-> 8% movement speed
-> 6% more 2 hand melee damage
-> 5% chance to increase damage by 15% for 8 seconds

Pretty negligible stuff, just play what you want.

And you know, using a 2h and all the gear that's not +healing oriented.

Healers get:

-> 10% strength
-> 15% damage to their damage seal
-> 10% intellect
-> 12% increased healing
-> when you crit, your heal costs no mana
-> 2 min cd to crit your heal spells
-> 5% more crit for judgement, shock and heals
-> 30 seconds damage / heal spell

This is the most relevant, not those thing that the brainlet mentioned.

Yeah I don't plan to level as holy, just roll holy at 60. My problem is Paladin IN GENERAL seems so fucking boring to play compared to something like Warrior.

>wanna role Paladin in WoW Classic to become a healer
based
>Is it as bad as it looks?
probably worse
>Is it going to be more fun once I reach 60?
paladin is the most boring raid healer support

Attached: img_0337.jpg (1090x813, 329K)

Leveling holy actually isn't that bad. I found it more interesting and fun than ret.

Protection gets:
-> 30% chance to block randomly
-> 3% chance to hit with spells
-> 2 min cd reduction on bubble
-> 30% better blocks
-> 10% stats buff
-> 15s cdr on their stun
-> defense stats
-> random chance to do double melee damage
-> 10% one handed weapon damage
-> 30% more chance to block on a 10s cd

You can level up at a normal pace if you know your shit. Prot isn't as good as in BC but you can still use it if you get a good shield, you'll just have to grab consec which is in fucking holy.
At max level you either :
>flash of light forever, occasional divine favor + holy light
>fuck around in ret spec and sometimes kill someone
Don't listen to any retard talking about retbomb, it doesn't stack the same way as in pservs so it's way harder to get stacks.

You play Wrath if you actually want to be cool as a paladin. Vanilla paladins are cross dressing healbots

>Vanilla paladins are cross dressing healbots
Yea, for paladins gear is more important than talents, they have a minimal impact, like having 1 more trinket compared to everyone else.

I played Paladin all though entire vanilla and if you plan to do raiding I advice you to pick another class. You job in 40man raids will be to buff people with 5min duration blessings, one by one. By the time you are done you can almost start over, that's the true vanilla paladin experience.

shaman is where it's at bro

forgot to add shitty threat generation and no taunt.

>is it as bad as it looks
Yes, but eventually you're forced to pay so much attention that you micro the hell out of your seals and judgements for maximum damage and it becomes a perverse kind of fun.
Then you get consecration and everything dies anyway and you can pull more than anyone else.

There's only 2 classes worth playing in classic. Paladin isn't one of them.

Rogue warrior I presume

I played Paladin in 2005. Played it again on Nostalrius and again on Lights Hope.

The bar for entry for healers is the lowest out of any role. For Paladins it is the lowest out of any class. Gear doesn't affect your blessings, which is what makes you so valuable. 30% threat reduction is absolutely fucking bonkers (the others are based too), which is why raid leads will just stick you on a tank and spam flash of light forever and frequently re-bless because you will never run out of mana. If you do this without sperging out demanding to play lolret you'll get fed your tier gear and if your guild is fair, let you bid on off spec 2 handers.

This is why you are raiding; to get your tier sets so you can pvp. A Paladin in T2 supporting in a battleground is pretty much insta win and horde will just give up 99% of the time, the other 1% of the time you are premade vs premade and even then Paladins make alliance pvp fucking busted. If you plan on ranking hardcore, the epic set is actually a nice reckoning or ret set.

Remember that you're playing the class for the flavor, not to min max. Play a Warrior if you want to do that. Their tier sets are fucking useless because unless you're a guild leader you will never be main tanking a raid, you'll always be in some awkward mish mash of leather/mail/plate doing dps. Their pvp is great though

Warrior/Mage

keep dreaming idiot

classic is 1.12 they last way longer, especially the greater ones

>Paladin
>Healer in WoW Classic
oh, my naive little zoomer

Melee dps won't get invited in groups because they press need on gear / weapons tank needs.

?

The only playable classes in Vanilla WoW are:

-> Warrior Tank but guilds already have them and they are based around them and won't invite more unless you make your own guild

-> Ranged dps with some utility like Warlock (summon/pots) / Mage (to buff healer) / maybe Hunter (but they are as useless as the melee, bring no utility but at least take less damage)

-> Healers will be needed a lot, especially priests, everyone else is a backup healer and considered badish and just brought along for extra buffs and to take the useless leather/mail/plate gear with intellect no one needs

-> Melee dps no one will need them since like half of the server is already rogues / warriors and they bring no utility and maybe they become a Nightfall bot or bring them for memes, but most guilds already have them and you need to waste a ton of time proving your guild master and gearing him up that you are worth it and when he likes you he is already bored of the game and won't raid anymore.

If you have to ask then no. Retail waits for you Zoomer.

I'm going shadow priest and there's nothing any of you can do to stop me.

Here is all you need to know about Pallys in Vanilla, OP

Attached: 1392141342367.jpg (990x553, 150K)

Nice.

Palaladin was the best healer at classic wow.

Holy gets consecrate and shock, you can still gear up as if you were ret and likely do better for it as you get more base stat buffs. Just keep some +int robes in your bag so you can heal in dungeons if you get desperate.

but thats not tied to your talents at all yoh can be 51 holy and in full warrior/str gear????