Get morrowind on Yea Forumss recommendation

>get morrowind on Yea Forumss recommendation
>32, somehow never bothered with it as a teen
>get off the boat and make my character, excited
>step into the little village
>music is kino, just like Oblivions (skyrim has great music but it's a different style to the previous two)
>and it all goes downhill from there
>NPCs move like they're constantly holding in a massive shit
>NPCs seem to be robots who all dump the exact same dialogue as we telepathically communicate
>actually using dice roll style combat in a game with first/3rd person combat? Really? Retarded decision
>go to steal from a shop, the shopkeeper stands in the same spot 24/7 like a fucking statue
>zero scheduling or sandboxing ability at all to simulate life, no robbing shops or houses while people are sleeping or off to work like in Oblivion
>even worse there's no dynamic interaction at all in the world
>guards will literally just stand there and watch you getting attacked by creatures or NPCs
>The same aggressive creatures or NPCs will only attack you and ignore everything else
>absolutely no interaction at all unless it's directly with the player, you wont find any of the fun, unscripted situations that make the world feel alive in oblivion, no animals hunting lesser prey, no guards fighting off bandits or creatures, no NPCs going about their lives and getting into situations because of mix of schedules & sandboxing
>even Gothic II had some of that shit and it came out the same year as morrowind
>magic is literally game breakingly OP
>I can see how autistic neckbeards might like that though as the game seems to be just a literal stats simulator, nothing else in the game is fun or matters

Never listening to Yea Forumss autism ever again

Attached: Morrowind_1.jpg (320x240, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lc2gwp0RNQw
web.archive.org/web/20190328074444/https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2019/3/27/18281082/elder-scrolls-morrowind-oral-history-bethesda
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lately I've seen a lot of people on Yea Forums claim to be 32 specifically and say some old game many like is actually bad.

Attached: 0b4.jpg (453x576, 39K)

Watch out, Morrowindfags can't take criticism of their favorite game well and will call you a zoomer with shit taste even if you're over 30.

>32
>uses the word kino
Yeah, makes perfect sense.

I'm not 32, but 28 and I think Morrowind sucks and OP pretty much nailed down why.

Oblivion and Skyrim are the only good Elder Scrolls games and oblivion is significantly better than skyrim. Born in 1990 btw.

ever heard of this place called GERMANY? >:/

That's fine, his criticisms are valid and I like it regardless. Only actual turbo-autists cannot handle people of differing opinion.

32 must be underb&'s idea of a boring, non-specific enough age to not draw any suspicion. I do agree that Morrowind is shit, though.

Ha is that where kino comes from? I thought it was some made up Yea Forums word. You learn something new everyday

But they reveal their hands with autismal, childish provocation and antagonism. What 32 year old actually gives a single flying fuck if you don't like what they like?

Morrowind is one of my favourite games because of the lore, setting and music. Those three things make me not care about any of flaws mentioned by you.

The country that started 2 wars and pays reparations to Israel? No, I haven't.

It's too clunky. Autist fans should remake it in skyrim so I can play it

Attached: (you).png (448x468, 194K)

>25
>played oblivion
>its too jank to enjoy
fite me

Its italian

I respect that you like morrowind while recognizing the flaws. It does have good aspects, the lore, music, good atmosphere for the time. The problem is that Morrowind seems to have a diehard fanbase on Yea Forums who autistically ignore its very blatant faults or try to rationalize them away as "none issues", as if they actually think their opinion is an objective statement.

Attached: community_image_1421545025.jpg (640x501, 145K)

Nah dude you can have your opinion. Most people on Yea Forums are either too autistically self-obsessed to comprehend the fact that some people like what they don't, or deliberately mongering controversy. Just enjoy what you enjoy and don't be a faggot about it.

all elder scrolls games are shit

This is true of fans of anything in general, but Yea Forums is also a cesspool of edgy cunts who thrive on butthurt

It's silly to compare Morrowind or Oblivion with the Gothic games, which are widely considered to be in a league of their own. The only major games similar at the time were the early MMOs like EverQuest and Asheron's Call, which held to the dice roll thing, and the Wizardry and Might & Magic series.

Morrowind was very much meant to be a roleplaying game, and I don't think it crossed anyone's minds that this genre they were exploring had a connection to GTA3 or other action games with vibrant NPC behavior and emergent gameplay. It was a traditional RPG where you were in the character's head instead of looking down from above. This is what The Elder Scrolls had been from the start, and the crossover into action gaming just wasn't on anyone's mind.

Also consider that these were not major releases. PC gamers were used to showing up at a shop and seeing small releases, so they weren't exactly boutique either, but Daggerfall had sold a few hundred thousand copies, and while Morrowind eventually sold several million it also started out in the low hundreds of thousands. This doesn't excuse the things about the game that were indefensibly sloppy and weird, but it absolutely excuses the lack of elements that had not been in Black Isle, Bioware, and Square games of that period. It was a low budget traditional RPG in the niche style they had adopted from Ultima Underworld, and the fancy shit OP is surprised to see missing were not on the menu, any more than the amenities you see in Origins and Odyssey were considered or desired when Assassin's Creed began.

Attached: 1416393798987.jpg (507x445, 30K)

>play a game from 2002
>it has flaws that couldn't be fixed due to the scale and time
Why are you surprised?
Also the beauty in Morrowind is in it's story, culture and the fact that it doesn't hold your hand and actually makes you think about what you have to do.
Nobody ever praises the combat system and npc behaviour.

There's more people on here around the age of 30 than you'd think. I started browsing here in 2006 when I was 18, because of Oblivion actually. It came out that year. Now I'm in my early 30s and still browse because while life changes and you end up doing "adult things", who you are as a person and the things you like don't change much once you're past 21.

Attached: GL.jpg (400x400, 15K)

true but morrowfags are the worst of the bunch. You can hear their butthurt REEEEEEEEES in the distance the second someone says they think there's TES games better than morrowind.

>Game doesn't have improvements of the sequel
I don't know what you were expecting from something of that time

You don't think you can grow and change as a person after 21? That's pretty sad, user

I don't doubt the validity of your statement, I'm 25 myself and still remember being called a newfag (back in 2012-13 I think). I'm doubting that the people who post their ages so often are genuine.

He means you don't turn 30 and magically lose interest in playing video games and meming on Yea Forums.

Nothing magical about it, no. But people do change. Some people don't enjoy the same things they once did. Some people on the other hand get stuck in a nostalgic state of their lives. It varies. It depends. And only you can truly tell.

I'm only 31, kids can keep of my lawn. I played Quake for the first time only 3 years ago, and it was amazing.

Good for you user, I'm happy you found something you enjoy.

>music is kino, just like Oblivions
ah yes, you're discovering how Morrowind is the source of all the good original stuff in the elder scrolls universe. The later games just copied it and watered it down a bit

Except Soule was making that style of music before morrowind. And Oblivion's soundtrack is better.

Attached: 2434760-2710327016-3c34d4.jpg (1440x900, 242K)

Shamefur dispray op

I played and loved Morrowind on the Xbox when I was too poor to have an actual PC. I never finished it and as an adult I keep trying to go back to it but never stick with it. I really do like the world and it hits those nostalgia notes for me but I typically spend more time installing mods than actually playing the damn game. I know people are going to be cunty about it but agree with OP on the die-roll thing, it’s horrible feedback and it’s frustrating early on in the game unless you really min-max your shit.

I'm 47, and almost everyone I know (most of them 10 years younger than me because I relocated after a divorce) are now set in their ways and have no idea what the fuck is going on right now. I think it's really important to stay connected to your formative interests, which is one reason I use this board, because Yea Forums (at its best) tends to treat the classics as important in a way that isn't intellectually snooty but is focused on fun and good experiences.

But as for new things, I have made a point of staying on top of developments, and it takes time and I'm the only one I know who does this. It's not really so important with video games, because if you miss a new craze you can come back to it later and not feel like you've missed out. There's also not enough time for most people to follow everything new. Everyone is ignoring and missing out on something.

But with music it's different. There's enough time to listen to a lot of new music, and if you don't your ear atrophies, new ideas sound more off-putting and alien, and your attitude starts to suck. Friends my age have totally given up. I cannot get them to listen to anything. One of my best friends is 50, we talk about music and I recommend someone similar to artists she likes and she just never listens to them. Don't ever give up seeking out new music, and that includes vidya music, but don't even do it to be snooty and superior. Do it for fun and for whatever pleasure you get from it.

Attached: Jim Woodring, The Frank Book, page 270.2.jpg (361x400, 72K)

Morrowind has big flaws, any honest person will recognize that fact. The thing is, instead of fixing those issues in order to make the perfect TES, bethesda chose to dumb down the series in some significant aspects. TES is dead now, Skyrim is just a retarded action sand-box game, as will be TESVI.

Are there any mods that can fix what the OP is moaning about? IIRC Morrowind is being remade in a new open graphics engine.

Gothic 3 is superior to the prequels.
Skyrim is a bit better than oblivion, both whom is superior to morrowind.

Some of Soule's best music is on Oblivion, maybe have of the ten best things he's ever done. But that soundtrack is really long and most of it either dull or very ugly. Only a few songs on Morrowind are great, but the entire soundtrack is good. The same is also true of Skyrim.

Did we ever figure out why/if he hasn't been invited back for 6?

Attached: but i know.jpg (464x477, 54K)

I vaguely remember there being some kind of disagreement or argument?

Personally, Oblivion is the best soundtrack in gaming but that's obviously subjective.

Attached: 49042-1544892792-1278317892.jpg (1680x1050, 1.56M)

Based old man

Attached: 1540503385740.jpg (640x640, 30K)

You know what's not half bad is the ESO soundtrack. It's LONG after three expansions and a bunch of extra music written for DLC, maybe 8 hours all told, much of it by Brad Derrick who isn't so great when they have him doing Jeremy Soule fanfic, but when he's doing his own thing he's quite good.

youtube.com/watch?v=lc2gwp0RNQw

>guards will literally just stand there and watch you getting attacked by creatures or NPCs
You fucked up, better luck next time

Modded Morrowind>Modded Oblivion>Modded Skyrim>Vanilla Skyrim>Vanilla Morrowind>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dogshit>Vanilla Oblivion

This is the undisputed power ranking.

Some of them are non-issues though, like the whole spiel about a "dynamic sandbox" and citing Oblivion as a better example, when Oblivion was lambasted for years for having the wackiest "npc sandbox" you could find in a game. NPCs having nonsense conversations repeating the same lines, people getting stuck or knocking shit over, the generally shit AI that made stealth incredibly easy outside of a few mostly scripted thieves guild missions. In Morrowind you're supposed to interact with the dungeons and world, towns are places you go to pick up quests and dump off your shit, you're not supposed to spend a significant amount of time in them. With Oblivion though they added this retarded poorly implemented "minigame" of an NPC sandbox and suddenly people think it's the backbone of TES.

Attached: cool scrib facts.png (772x772, 1.3M)

morrowinds virgin guard
>stands there and doesn't guard anything

Oblivions Chad Guard
>knows nothing but protecting the good citizens of the empire from dangerous creatures or law breakers
>will fight literally anything
>can run at 300mph while covered in heavy amour
>speaks with such direct intensity it radiates confidence
>will follow you across an entire country to enforce the law on you for stealing that bread you criminal scum

Attached: 1429567135853.jpg (780x624, 71K)

You don't get to dictate what is a "none issue". Your opinion is not an objective statement. Something that is a none-issue to you, is an issue to someone else and their thoughts on the matter are just as valid as yours.

If his opinion is not an objective statement why are you berating him for it as if he is wrong

Attached: 1317245583299.jpg (376x500, 29K)

too boring to read all that shit so OP is a faggot

Guards attack aggressive creatures and npc in morrowind, zoomer. You'd know if you played the game. The guards in Seyda Neen will literally dive below surface when they detect an aggressive slaughterfish, then calmly walk ashore 3 minutes later once it's dead.. One of my oldest memories of the game as a kid is a guard in Sudan saving me from a Cliff Racer.

At what point did I say he was wrong?

>Some of them are non-issues though
This is what he said, as if his opinion is a statement of fact and the problems that some people have with morrowind aren't actually problems. That's the issue I'm pointing out. He's welcome to his opinion, but he doesn't get to dictate that aspects are "none issues" because it's entirely subjective and there's no right or wrong here.

He talked about a very specific thing there, though. He even had examples and comparisons. He did make an objective argument, in that he compared the living nature of the NPCs between Morrowind and Oblivion. Obviously, people will have differing opinions about what they value in a video game, and so will have different opinions about how these games perform and feel. The subjectivity of the argument rests on how one interprets the facts.

So, to me, you sound like you're saying "t-that's just your OPINION nyyer"

Attached: 1531936656730.png (733x1090, 361K)

Based, the objectively correct ranking

Attached: 1540399292352.jpg (434x638, 92K)

No, wait, I get it now; you come into a conversation you don't actually care about just to show everyone how superior your point of view is. Faggot.

Attached: 1317270547063.jpg (230x251, 9K)

Imagine being 32 and having the brain of a zoomer

Modfags can go kill themselves because their tastes are worthless

Guards will fight enemies, so that's just incorrect.

To address the general issue, Morrowind is a snapshot of a world, it's true, but that still image manages to have more life in it than Oblivion or Skyrim's wooden, rote NPCs following a 2 point daily schedule with no variation.
At the time of Morrowind's release, NO rpg had that feature, because the player needed to find people without a broken, immersion-breaking, casualized quest marker.

>have good thing
>can make it better
>don't
Is there anyone more delusional than anti-modfags?

Attached: 1316540559478.jpg (226x166, 7K)

t. consolefag

Attached: 1549349287360.jpg (459x821, 100K)

also exists in russian

You're acting like the only thing the game offers is an AI simulation, which it isn't. There's much more to Morrowind than the NPC's AI.

>go to steal from a shop, the shopkeeper stands in the same spot 24/7 like a fucking statue
Oh man I remember stealing from Oblivion shops. Shit was cash. No game I had played had let me do that before. Felt like you could do anything.

Attached: 1351053194589.jpg (426x382, 60K)

You forgot
>The world is fucking butt ugly mushrooms and mud. Even generic fantasy is better. Of course it is.

half the ecosystem is dead from ash from an active volcano, what do you expect?

nope

Attached: Sans titre.png (994x220, 11K)

You're acting like it is all turd.I assure you there is a chunk of corn in there.

Wow, a turd analogy. This sure is an argument worth my time!

It was apropos to your post.

holy fuck you should end it as soon as possible

It was a joke post.
Nobody thinks the Morrowind NPCs devoid of personality are the way to go.

t. pie piece spinning faggot

I just want to clear up that guards in Morrowind will attack SOME enemies. If a (wild) creature attacks you, no matter what kind of creature (be it a mudcrab, skeleton, a dremora (even if the guard's weapon can't hurt it), or if you spawn Vivec outside and aggro him cuz he's classified as a creature), nearby guards will engage it in combat.

Enemy NPCs, though, be they Dark Brotherhood Assassins or bandits or someone you taunted, will be ignored by guards. Guards will aid NPCs if you attack THEM, but not the other way around.

good. you shouldn't listen to Yea Forums anyway. this place is full of idiot fedora neckbeards who should not be in anyone's life.

you listed music as good but failed to address the fact that it has like what, 3 exploration soundtracks apart from battle theme 1 and 2?
that's the fucking worst thing about Morrowind. it's 2 or 3 themes on loop.

btw, Bethesda is a shit company anyway and TH can suck huge donkey dick. that lying hack shouldn't produce anything at this point.

They abide by the "talk shit get hit" axiom and refuse to interfere.

>try to hit low level NPC who is not a combat class and has poor combat skills/attributes
>while being a combat race with a combat class with good combat skills/attributes and high fatigue
>die

Attached: realmorrowindcombat.webm (1000x563, 2.9M)

>it just works!

You're right user, no one's ever been able to play this video game and kill anything in it, what an major oversite.

Oh wait, you're a shitposting faggot who can't get gud, nevermind.

>npcs lie to you

Attached: morrowindingredients.webm (1280x960, 2.55M)

???
Killing shit in Morrowind is like shooting fish in a barrel once you get past the horrid start.

>opens console
>Clicks on NPC
>Set agility 1000000
>Films WEBM
BUT GUYS MORROWINDS COMBAT IS SHIT

Do you really think someone would do something like that?

Attached: nonsensicalcombat.webm (1980x1114, 1.42M)

that's some shoddy ass programming.
first of all it probably wants you to be journeyman in the alchemy skill before you even get that effect but it's completely illogical that you won't get the effects from food regardless of your skill knowledge. harvesting mushrooms and plants in Oblivion is also fucking stupid because you need to pass a fail check based on the alchemy skill so that's one of the things that actually are fine to be gone in Skyrim, only for the hyper sensitive normie audience though.

Attached: 1508298159588.jpg (639x755, 56K)

Just did the (extremely simple) math, and that character would have a 90% success rate to hit with long blades.
Missing 26 times in a row like that has a 0.000000000000000000000001% chance of happening.

That's pretty incredible, unless he's an obsessed shitposter who makes fake webms just to prove how much of a faggot he is.

That's been modded, because eating food actually does restore stamina since it's the first effect in the list and all alchemical ingredients give a minor first effect if you eat them.

So it should be easy to show an example of good Morrowind combat.
It has been nearly 2 decades and this has yet to have been done.

>gambler's fallacy
I bet you miss your swing 5 times in a row, then think you're "due" for a hit!

Attached: unusualcombat.webm (1000x563, 2.43M)

Attached: 1446432716830.jpg (500x500, 47K)

Chim

Attached: 1390738232956.jpg (227x222, 14K)

You don't seem to understand that fallacy.

Fuck off with your CHIM nonsense Todd.

fuck off Todd

Ingredients have a *chance* to give their first effect, based on your alchemy skill. I don't know the formula, but if you have a default level 5 alchemy or something, you often don't get the effects from eating.
Which is stupid because NPCs in the starting town, essentially tutorial NPCs, outright say to eat food when you're fatigued, but if your character isn't a magic build, that's unreliable. If you don't have alchemy knowledge you can't digest that bread.

I can't stay mad at you, Todd.

Yeah, honestly the game is not that good. "Stats simulator" is a good way of putting it. The lore is good and the setting is interesting, but the actual act of engaging with the game sucks so much ass you might as well just read the elder scrolls wiki articles instead.

Attached: 1328954625768.jpg (447x604, 56K)

every Morrowind thread is a CHIM-attained being reaching into our illusory world in order to enlighten us

You obviously have

>regularly spends his time on Yea Forums
>uses Yea Forums vocabulary on Yea Forums
haha yeah what an outlandish proposition

Zoomer, the post.

>holy shit guys this old game I played has NPCs move stiffly, what a trash game

I legtimately hate npcs having schedules, the rest is reasonable though.

This is what it's like now when people of today play older RPG's, they don't get it and think only about the surface level shit

Good job OP, you're a retard.

Morrowind is literally and objectively the best 3D RPG ever made. There is no game that has ever come close to having anything nearly as interesting as the world, systems, and variety as Morrowind. And when taken in context, Morrowind literally rebirthed the entire RPG genre in a way that no game since has ever done.

This isn't a discussion or opinion, this is a fact, and if you disagree with it or want to pretend you dislike the game, it's literally only because you're being contrarian for the sake of shitposting on Yea Forums.

There is no other conversation to have on the topic.

Protecting the good citizens of the empire, you mean the whole two dozen that live in cyrodil?

You need dagoth ur for your gayness

Attached: I+actually+think+morrowind+is+the+best+elder+scrolls+great+_0074fc09e876dcc62f62c470ef04be32.jpg (242x209, 13K)

Yes bringing RPGs of that type to consoles revitalized the genre.
Any claim that it was anything but is revisionist history or willful ignorance.

Attached: klL62uG.jpg (1352x895, 297K)

You do know that Morrowind came out in the early 2000's, right? Most of the things you mentioned are a gimmick introduced by newer generation RPG's. Seriously OP, this is embarrassing.

I'm not sure if that's how I would phrase it, but I can't necessarily deny that consoles were a major reason for 3D RPGs finding broader audiences.

My point is that Morrowind was the first and best RPG to create a seamless, open world that made use of the new 3D technology and allowed the genre to move past the 2.5D rut it was stuck in.

There were 3D games obviously, but there was nothing like Morrowind. It was to 3D games what Daggerfall was to 2D games, a technical accomplishment that everyone in the industry believed could never be done.

Everyone who plays Morrowind now is a zoomer who has no context for what games, specifically RPGs were like in 2002.

Why do you people keep replying to ovious bait?

Rate my sword.

Attached: MGE Screenshot 135.png (1920x1080, 3.43M)

9/11

Morrowind is the best 3d RPG ever made, period.

Attached: Morrowind 2018-02-05 17.41.39.881.png (1920x1080, 3.26M)

This long as fuck set of interviews with Morrowind devs is really interesting.
Probably something more fun to read than this shit thread.

web.archive.org/web/20190328074444/https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2019/3/27/18281082/elder-scrolls-morrowind-oral-history-bethesda

I know that isn't how you would phrase it since , to paraphrase, you claimed it was simply the greatest game ever made and that was what revitalized the genre.

You were wrong and I just pointed that out.

I miss the bubble effects.

Morrowind was made at a really turbulent time in Bethesda history. They had blown a lot of the money that Daggerfall made on two shit games (Redguard and Battlespire) that nearly trashed their reputation, and the creator of the TES series left the company.

Essentially they just kind of went balls-to-the-wall and went for broke making exactly the game they wanted to make because they were essentially already broke.

Boring and lifeless NPCs
Horrid combat to start
Piss easy combat shortly there after
Boring over world. Mushroom trees were a nice touch though.

No it is nostalgia talking nothing more.
And no you did not just start playing and think it is better.

uh oh... titties! mods get this man! not on my blue board!

Test

>No it is nostalgia talking nothing more.
Lol nigga I re-play the game from scratch every two years or so. At this point I've played every quest in the game, seen every cave and location, and played through every major and minor mod of any actual value.

I don't know if that's how nostalgia works for you, but it doesn't sound like it to me.

I think your case falls more into the autism side of the equation.
Shitposting aside If you actually do what you claim and aren't yourself shitposting seek help. I don't think anyone is in any danger but that can't be good.
Do you have a deep connection on anything else or just Morrowind?

For its time it was a technical and artistic masterpiece in a way no game in modern times really ever was. I seriously cannot think of a single game released in the last ten years that is truly impressive on many different levels. Crysis was probably the last really impressive game on a technical level that truly pushed gaming forward in a big way. Games in at least the last ten years do not and have not truly actually pushed gaming in any significant way other than publishers paying gaming media big bucks to shill games as if they are pushing the industry in any significant way.

All of this is something I wouldn't expect a zoomer such as yourself to comprehend.

No bro, Morrowind is my life it's my only friend I just sleep and play Morrowind all day.

Nigga, the fuck you even talking about? I'm 100% positive you have more hours logged in Fortnite on your shitty console.

>same complaints every time
lol it's a great game stop crying

i'm 28 too and i think you fucking suck, and you are probably one of those medal of honor faggots who didn't get into RPGs until Fallout 3 came out.

So you lash out in anger when I showed legit concern? It's your life user and you do you. Just think about what I said.
I wish you well user.

literal children will play this game and never have problems like this, I don't understand how anyone does

Aight man thanks. I'm kind of concerned with how much you spend on Vbucks and donate to streamers, and to be honest so are your parents. Also when does school start up for you?

When this game came out I played it on a friend's Xbox and it was as simple as this: I could run around with a sword in a big world and buy armor and fight stuff and the controls were easy, just attack attack attack. That is literally the appeal of Morrowind. Fond memories from finding out which shopkeepers were good to kill and pay a quick 36 gold bounty on, getting lost in huge cities. There are now new games where you can do this.

If a child plays this they will never make it to combat. They will turn the game off long before they get into a fight.

cringe post desu

Ok

Should I download another copy of Morrowind and get the good mods set up? I haven't played probably in a year so it'd be like experiencing a new game again.

>Morrowind was made at a really turbulent time in Bethesda history.

Christopher Weaver and Robert A. Altman, 1999.

This was the birth not of Bethesda, but Zenimax, you know, the fellows who own Bethesda Softworks, the publishers. Basically, Bethesda was strapped outa cash from the failures of Battlespire and Redguard; Morrowind was the last big chance, but they barely had enough money to finish that, a LOT of corners had to be cut. The original game mass was supposed to be the entire massive province, like Daggerfall, not just a cutdown Vardenfell, the 'Blight' imagined as a dynamic plague slowly sweeping through the island, silencing cities and corrupting man, mer, and beast in it's wake was canned, reduced to an occasional set of status diseases and dust storms.

Even Bethesda's other, non RPG offerings weren't doing so hot, meanwhile "The project, despite the reduced scale, became a massive investment. According to the team's reasoning, the endeavor took "close to 100 man-years to create". Bethesda tripled their staff and spent their first year of development on The Elder Scrolls Construction Set."

So Christopher Weaver, the owner/founder got together with a Jewish lawyer, Robert A. Altman and formed a parent/management company, into which Weaver contributed the stock of Bethesda, and Altman would flush in some operating capital. Weaver became the Chief Technology Officer, while Altman, was to be the CEO. It worked, till it didn't. Weaver was pushed out of his operational role in 2002, just as Morrowind was hitting those shelves, and hard. He attempted to sue, citing that he was removed unfairly, and owed 1 million in severance pay. Zenimax counterclaims that his 'evidence' was found by going through private employee emails; the matter was settled out of court, and Weaver retained significant shares in the company for several years, despite his removal.

Weaver is now a Teacher/Lecturer of Computational Media at various establishments.

Attached: latest.png (1523x1080, 1.37M)

Are you me?

Does Vortex make modding Oblivion any easier? Too fucking stupid to get mods to work

based

>>NPCs seem to be robots who all dump the exact same dialogue
this
how do people say morrowind npcs and shit are better

Learn self-control and don't click shit you've already read.

Morrowind is better because you can't just button through everything mindlessly like it's an MMO.

Attached: Quest_markers_in_a_nutshell.jpg (567x500, 121K)

T.

Attached: 67146242_917845091941684_801943155204161536_n retarded wojak].jpg (543x443, 14K)

Go easy on them. If you had to listen to people tell you how shit your favorite game is for nearly 20 years you would be a little defensive too.

i actually agree on the oblivion npcs. they were retarded and barely tolerable and i needed to mod out all the random nonsense conversations just to get some peace and quiet in towns.
whats more insulting is how they chose to handle it in skyrim though. now its just 1-3 conversations between npcs scripted to go off if the player happens to be close enough to hear. or a conversation thats meant to be heard by the player because each town has to have an event when you first walk into it and its always the same event. nothing "dynamic" is actually happening here.
these games have always just been generic dungeon crawls dressed up to be something they're not which isn't always a bad thing but each game in the series has a fanbase that swears its so much more than that(when again it isn't).

> You can't just button through like an MMO
The combat has training wheels so you can do just that in Morrowind.
Did you forget about "Always use best attack"?
Why do Morrowindfags just lie and hope there is nobody around who actually played the game ?

I was talking about not reading the dialogue you fucking moron.

>And here we see the purest form of the morrowfag, this poor specimen is inflicted with such an extreme case of neckbeardism it is sadly beyond help

Attached: Hardly+related+to+the+bible+_a0e8bc173b0ce4fb5204fc402623e6b4.png (546x619, 318K)

Well at least you didn't try to defend the combat.

>NPCs move like they're constantly holding in a massive shit

I laughed cuz its so true. The animation for running is terrible.
Morrowind is great when you bother getting into it.
Recently reinstalled with a ton of mods but I havent put much time yet.

It's a fucking RPG. It's a step above chosing from a menu at least.

>>actually using dice roll style combat in a game with first/3rd person combat?
I know an underage faggot like you wouldn't know, but that's been a thing long before Morrowind, in some of the best RPGs at that.

Clicking HTML links is better than choosing from a menu.
Debatable.

Oblivion didn't have great animations either, better but still "floaty". It wasn't until skyrim that TES actually got some natural animations and much better models but even they were just average or a bit above average for a ps3 game.

29 here
Morrowind was good when it came out, but aged like milk.
Meanwhile Oblivion and Skyrim still very enjoyable because the gameplay wasnt tailored for autists.

That time I was talking about combat, fucking keep up.

Bullshit, I'm 28 and I know for a fact I'm older than 90% of this board.

Attached: 1520548930025.png (1280x1664, 620K)

I modded that shit into the oblivion (quite literally) and was pretty good. That shit was great in their time but not now fellow 32 yo bro

I am 10 steps ahead young grashopper.

Yeah that's fucking stupid that they all repeat the same exact shit though dumbass

I'll be 32 next Tuesday.

Oblivion is the worst Elder Scrolls game I played, even worse than Arena, fight me irl

Games don't age, a good game back then is a good game now. Better games eventually will be released, and that is why there is nothing wrong in admitting that Oblivion and Skyrim are superior games.

>as we telepathically communicate
that's when I knew you were a dumb zoomer.
cope and then dilate faggot

dark souls 2 is better

>>NPCs seem to be robots who all dump the exact same dialogue as we telepathically communicate
you're only supposed to ask about wta youre interested in from them, their dialogue options arent checklists. its actually a pretty good system when you use it correctly. ask for directions or rumors, or maybe some lore on houses, or something specific to a quest.

>actually using dice roll style combat in a game with first/3rd person combat? Really? Retarded decision
better than skyrim and oblivions 100% hit, which means everything has to be a damage sponge. also makes skills count for more than just damage

the rest is fairly valid, but mods fix some of those problems.

>Meanwhile Oblivion and Skyrim still very enjoyable because the gameplay wasnt tailored for autists.

Games, fuck no, COMPUTERS in general were better when they were tailored for autists, by autists. Even external society made more fucking sense and still semi-functioned when every normie with a phone number wasn't hooked into the web.

Attached: 1515391129303.jpg (828x965, 251K)

>get morrowind on Yea Forumss recommendation
>is surprised by every single thing Yea Forums complains about in every morrowind thread, ever

You didn't listen in the first place, stupid nigger

Attached: 1547120524898.png (600x1000, 1.16M)

Morrowfags at the bottom now, where they belong

Attached: ahaha.png (500x667, 483K)

Whodunit is still the best quest in Oblivion

Based

Attached: 67626170_485230695597164_1146075369686695936_n emerald herald gf dark souls 2.jpg (680x484, 27K)

>Gothic II
kek you're too transparent you dumb krautnigger

i just really hate BOTW

>dunmers wearing pants
Shit image

Not as bad as Oblivion

My major gripe is most of the npcs are fairly simple questgivers with a few exceptions. They also dropped the ball hard with Dagoth Ur which was very disappointing since they did a great job of hyping him up throughout the main quest. But when you actually meet him he just asks you a few questions then outright says he's going to kill you because he's scared you might ruin his plans. Then as if to immediately contradict what he just said he immediately starts shouting how he can't be beaten because he's a god.

Probably nostalgia but I just love this game

Also I think some games are more than the sum of their parts, you can't always pick them apart and say
>this is shit
>this is shit
>this is shit
>therefore the game is shit

>Be me, zoomer
>Yea Forums recommends morrowind, can't get into it
>Finally bust my ass and start a new playthrough, thinking I'll drop it like all the other times.
>Discover a rich story and lore with great history and a tragic villain, the only main plot I can say is good out of any Elder Scrolls game.
>Combat starts feeling fun to me, find weapons and gear to make the game interesting
>Magic breaks the game, but that's what makes it fun compared to boring as shit magic system in skyrim
>it's now one of my favorite games of all time

When were the boomers right for you, Yea Forums?

Attached: aiportraits_1563494451.jpg (512x512, 21K)