This game is trash compared to Dark Souls, what do people see in it?

This game is trash compared to Dark Souls, what do people see in it?

Attached: ddda.jpg (616x353, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#af00000000000e004c00000000000064000000
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Soul

fbpb

Attached: 15592789554631.png (1027x731, 28K)

Desparation on one hand and stockholm syndrome on the other.
You feel the potential for greatness and the love the director had for it oozing from every power. You just know that this could have been a game that defined a generation, that we could have DD2 or 3 by now, which expand on the colossal scape 1 should have had. But instead, the game is small, it's repetetive as all fuck, balance is completely backwards and gameplay is braindead. But you really want to like it and you really want it to be good, because it absolutely should be, so you force yourself to play through it and quite literally meme yourself into thinking it's good.
It's sad, really. I hope we get a DD2.

you mean Dark Souls 2, right?

its nothing like dark souls. why would you compare them? also the game is charming, the character editor is top notch (dark souls chars look like potatoes), the magic is op in a fun way, the armors are pretty nice, dragons are fantastic, enemy behaviour is fun (ogers who love women a little too much, faggot ogers on BBI), armor design is well done, lots to discover, high replay value etc. etc. etc. it is a flawed gem and will always be one of my favourite games.

The pawn system was a mistake. Should've just went with co-op and PVP like in DS. And then stat growth being defined by whatever class you're currently playing as pretty much killed builds. Also way too many reskinned enemies and MMO daily tier "quests". Etc etc. Plenty of retarded design decisions.

based

Attached: dogma03.jpg (955x853, 188K)

The game is great at it core but it has a lot of jank. If anyone sold you as it's some sort of perfect game they messed with your expectations. Play it as it is, a game with some great ideas, some badly implemented. Lot's of jank but also a lot of soul. It's not a perfect game, but if a sequel would be made they could solve a lot of problems with what they hopefully learned.

what minigames?weird list were is this from?

There will never be a sequel because the pawn system sucked hard and it's the defining characteristic of the franchise. They might as well just make another Berserk inspired fantasy RPG. Or maybe not, because Souls definitely stole that spotlight.

Post dogma01 and dogma02

Attached: dogma02.jpg (757x890, 344K)

>There will never be a sequel
Itsuno has said countless times before working on DMCV that he had the choice between DMC or DD2. With DMCV done, it's likely he's working on DD2. Also, there's a Netflix anime in the works, and I believe they have plans to close Dragon's Dogma Online which could mean that there will be coop in DD2.

It's a flawed gem with a shitload of potential. The thought of them fixing and refining the experience in DD2 is by far the most hype I've felt for vidya in years.

It's niche, so special snowflakes love it

I feel as though they initially wanted it to be coop, but then budget/dev time limited it and they went with the pawn system instead.

Souls isn't anywhere near close enough to Berserk, though. We need somebody to double down on that inspiration and create something between Souls and DD.

>most hated of games
>BioShock, Prototype, Red Dead Redemption and Might and Magic: Dark Messiah

Attached: 1459783790081234.jpg (236x208, 9K)

>"my 4 hour trudge through Dragon's Dogma"
and this guy thinks he can merit a review/opinion?

He's obviously joking and if he isn't, then he's just baiting.

It's fun, has a diverse combat system with lot's of experimentation and has cool enemy design. It's not perfect, and Dark Souls is more mechanically sound and is overall a better game, but Dragon's Dogma is still really good. I can't really think of many games that give me as much of a rush as Dragon's Dogma when I stab the shit out of a griffin with fire daggers mid flight, make its wings light on fire, and send it spiraling out of control into the ground; or when a chimera lunges at me right as my warrior finishes charging his attack and slams a greatsword right into its skull before it flattens me.

Pretty much, when I played the game I was dumbfounded by the Berserk comparisons. Little references sure I get it, but the world is nothing like Berserk, you can just compare some segments. The Berserk world is initially Medieval Fantasy with some supernatural elements being slowly ramped up. But it is still pretty much human focused before the Eclipse. The world hasn't completely gone to shit, it's not a dead age with empty cities and barely any humans.

I enjoyed it. I even made an imouto to help me in battle.

Generally pretty easy difficulty and comfy grinding to sink dozens of hours into.

>compared to Dark Souls
ur mom is trash lmao

>start new game/character
>decide I want to go full sorcerer build for a change
>get to around LV20-30ish
>end up always going back to assassin
Assassin is just too fun

Attached: 144281441521224.jpg (736x1090, 339K)

It's an unpolished game that's a little rough around the edges but has fun RPG elements and engaging, versatile combat across 6 different vocations with a plethora of abilities and skills giving it tons of replayability.
What's not to like?
Capcom should hurry the fuck up and release DD2 already.

Assassin is best class.
Daggers are for fags.

Same. Sorcs are way too slow and boring. You just stand in place casting stuff. Why even play this game if you're gonna skip all the awesome melee combat?

Classic example of a game whose merits outweigh its flaws

I'm currently replaying the game and going to min/max a Ranger build.

>He doesn't enjoy summoning tornadoes to sweep up all the bandits that ambush your party
>He doesn't like the fire meteor storm he can rain down on beasts
>He doesn't like the immense walls and spears of ice you can conjure to impale enemies

Sorcerer ruled in DD.

literally every point is correct, it might be the worst game I own. Its the quintessential "rpg" for PS2 kiddos who were somehow filtered by souls and need to pretend like they are the cool kids for playing the braindead asset flip shit

Sure that's cool for a few hours and all but as soon as I had the skills/magic abilities I wanted I switched back to another vocation because it just gets boring after a while.

>tfw the Griffin gets away and you have to go to the tower

Attached: dragons-1844423.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

Why did the combat in Witcher 3 have to suck so much? Why couldn't CDPR make monster huntan as cool and fun as in DD?

DD combat in a world as big as Witcher 3 would have been perfect.

>min/max a Ranger build
You mean 190 levels of Assassin, then switch to Ranger? It's the most OP build in the base game but sucks dick in BBI since plenty of enemies there are highly resistant to physical or even immune to it (Living Armor).

IMO the balanced build (600/600) of Magic Archer is the best overall, e.g.
stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#af00000000000e004c00000000000064000000

Basically play Assassin till level 100, then Sorc. But I'm on PC and just used the respec mod.

It feels powerful, but that slowness killed my interest. Even with acuity and the wyrmking ring, it felt like it took forever to get a high level spell up and running.

>IT STOLE MY SOULS
>JUST LIKE DARK SOULS

Attached: vaatimanlet.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

What skills/tactics primarily used as MA? It's something I've went before but not really invested much time into.

what do you expect, most people are brainlets

Ninefold Arrow (it's an upgrade to Sixfold, you need a ring from BBI), Ricochet Hunter (amazing in closed spaces), Immolation (scales from physical attack + phys weapons, hence the balanced build). Hunter Bolt is good too, because it's holy. Gear wise apart from the Ninefold ring make sure to grab Wyrmking's Ring too, you only need to hold it in your inventory, it's not an equip.

I wanted to like this game but every enemy felt like a damage sponge which really killed it for me.
Probably just me being a shitter but avoiding enemy attacks felt really janky too.

>DD combat
The only good thing about DD combat was the monster fights.
fighting human sized enemies is shit.

The enemies don't have that much health but you're supposed to be CONSTANTLY looking for better gear that can break through enemy defenses. Can't beat the whole game with your starting gear like in Dark Souls.

The combat is better and I think the aesthetics are better as well.