Why is the tone for this game so weird?

Why is the tone for this game so weird?
I definitely don't feel any of the post-apocalyptic desperation of Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Feels like a bunch of just kooky hijinks.

Attached: fallout 4.jpg (350x399, 34K)

They went for a 50s sci fi atompunk vibe but being Bethesda they royally fucked it up

Attached: GsvWbHa.png (1418x954, 3.13M)

I still can't believe this fucking armor design.

Attached: 1549733188536.jpg (421x834, 94K)

it was made by women. bethesda is a female centric company.

I just think their team is a bunch of amateurs. why else would fallout 4 be so subpar? It's because they hired scrublords. Hipsters, not artists and tech nerds.

Even tho Fo4 is bad
>I definitely don't feel any of the post-apocalyptic desperation of New Vegas
Nigger, what? It's a fucking US frontier with laser guns more than anything. Also, isn't fallout supposed to be about POST-apocalypse. Vault-City sure was fucking depressing

don't worry
toilet man is here to receive your giant shits

I think just how populated the world is, tripping over enemies every 10 feet, really robs you of those quiet exploration moments of not knowing. the pacing and tension is all fucked up

Games like Oblivion and Fallout 3/4 happen exactly because they only had tunnel vision tech nerds and 1 useless lead writer in powerful positions. It is obvious that artists have no power at Beth.

Because Beth still doesn't get how Fallout works.

Fallout 3 had potential to be a great game (and a horrible Fallout game) since they tried to recreate The Road in video game form. Too bad no one told them that to pull this off they need McCarthy's level of writing.
In Fallout 4 they had no coherent vision for the game and they simply slapped whatever seemed "cool" for them.

I don’t know if that’s true but it would definitely explain the tonal shift OP is referring to.

>Why is the tone for this game so weird?

>build base
>will you do thing? : yes,sure,whynot,ehmm okay!.
>pipe guns! pipe guns! pipe guns!!!!!!
>pipe guns with mods!!

The Glowing Sea and Far Harbor are more like Fallout 3.

Attached: Fallout4_FarHarbor_Arrival[1].png (1920x1080, 1.99M)

you know what guys
i've been playing this lately and it's not so bad

Attached: black todd.png (666x664, 639K)

Because none of the factions have an actual reason to quarrel, their solution to everything is "nuke it" and you don't have a say in anything, not even the minutemen despite being the general, so you just follow along a story that doesn't want you.

Ah mister Howard, how did that Negroplasty coming along?

I'm convinced the writers of this game didn't even have a meeting. Nothing makes sense and is fleshed out. There's constant oversights and contradictions. Not to mention the whole SHAUN angle which feels so forced and out of place.

Bethesda has men in all the main power positions. Blame Todd, Pete Hines and Emil.

Also could be explained by female writers. Females cant plan anything for shit thats why it feels disorganized and surface level deep.

Those were the best locations in any Fallout game even though I agree with OP more or less.

i mean,honestly,its pretty enjoyable,but when i compare it to NV it just falls flat on its face
>unkillable NPCs,even ones not important to the story(diamoncity mayor,companions,children etc)
>fucked up SPECIAL and perk system
>crappy reload animations (more of a problem if youre a /k/ommando)
>awful story
>cheery,colorful atmosphere
but hey,at least the gunplay is good

Attached: 1458578191341.jpg (1890x1417, 161K)

Emil is the main writer, maybe he just selectively hired himself a harem.

>post-apocalyptic desperation of Fallout 3
Hmmmm.

>what is The Glow?
>what is New Reno?
>what is Hoover Dam?
fuck off todd

it has nothing i like about 3 or new vegas in it really, but for whatever reason I find myself really enjoying the trash collecting and the shitty janky story.

If you have seen recent beth e3 conferences they always start with a 'feelgood' prerecorded intro of their studios. There's a ton of fat blue haired femoids working there. And these type of shitheads cant manage technical roles so guess what, all the easy shit like writing etc is given to them. Which they swiftly proceed to fuck up beyond all recognition as expected from females.

Too colourful and it was easier which took away some of the dread

New Vegas did the Glowin Sea concept better with the Courier's Mile.

The extremely limited amount of guns too.
Fairly early in the game I found a combat rifle and by the end of the game at level 48 and I'm still using it because the only other non-energy weapon that could match it was the assault rifle.

But that's just feel good marketing shit. Emil is the head writer and the real reason the writing is so shit.

Fuck off faggot cunt nigger. Josh sawyer was the main writer for deadfire but under him were 3 femoid writers. And you saw how the writing turned out. Stop being dumb.

Are you playing on very easy?My even with all upgrades earlier rifles are dogshit past like level 30.

the downfall started with fallout 2. I hate how it has become a scapegoat for retardness. old games did it as well!!!!

>but hey, at least the gunplay is good
Have you ever played a shooter before fallout 4?

Fallout new vegas has even less post apocalyptic stuff.

No I play on Very Hard, but you're right, weapons damage don't scale (best you can get is double damage if you get maxed weapon skill) so every enemies turn into a bullet sponge fairly quickly, best advice is getting a rifle that double fire (like the Overseer's guardian), a Radium Rifle is fairly good against human enemies for a while too. But eventually every combat turn in "unload entire clip in the enemy and hope it dies"

>post-apocalyptic desperation
I didn't really feel that in New Vegas or Fallout 2 either.
Fallout 4 is too oversaturated and often times too smooth in its artstyle.

You're the one making baseless accusations about "muh sjws ruining videogames". Emil Paliguro is THE head writer at Beth and has a pretty bad track record.

Emil was great with sidequests stories, he did the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion, but give him an actual story and suddenly his IQ drops by 50 points.

You mean Emil Pagliarulo
>pretty bad track record
He was the lead designer for Fallout 3 which received almost universal praise back in 2008. I don't want to defend him but get your facts straight you buttblasted faggot.

I actually enjoyed the first ten minutes or so a lot.
Up until you go into the vault.
On that note, does anyone else think the Vault-tech guy is supposed to be a dig a Todd?

Fallout 3 had terrible writing though. A few cool sidequests doesn't discount that terrible main plot.

Wow just like Old World Blues

Also that armor is Alien 1 tier

The writing in Fallout 4 has really been dumbed down, even if you don't take into account dialogue options being reduced to 4, the characters just aren't as interesting as the ones in Fallout 3/New Vegas.

Name ONE NPC from Fallout 4 off the top of your head that actually mattered (besides companions and faction members).

I. AM. TOILET.

>name one NPCs that actually mattered besides those that actually mattered
Captain Zao, Ironsides, DiMa

>the gunplay is good
I'm absolutely fucking baffled by any person who says this

>regular and sturdy toilet chest have more resistance than regular/sturdy combat armor chest piece
I think that's the most retarded thing

>terrible main plot
It wasn't terrible, it had a few holes toward the end just like the main plots of other Fallout games sort of vanishing into thin air.

Based on how you frame your question, I'd say the problem you have with the game is the plot isn't really all that dependent on the apocalypse. What happens in this game happens in a world that is post-apocalyptic, but it doesn't happen BECAUSE the world is post-apocalyptic, as where the other games have stories that are really dependent on a fallen world.

>it had a few holes toward the end
>a few
>towards the end

Attached: 155619955614.png (640x374, 60K)

They tried to do a "world is moving past the apocalypse" thing with the design of the wasteland and the music as well as the vibrant colour palette.

However they still kept the Fallout 3 style writing where everything feels like 20 years after the war. There's characters from before the war all over the fucking place (the usage of ghoulification is a massive crutch in F4's quest writing) and everyone isn't established enough in a new society like the NCR or Legion and isn't new world/tribal crazy like a lot of untamed places with new and weird cultures on the West Coast where the world has moved on so far from the War that it feels like an entirely new world Everyone is just a boring "survivor" like from the Walking Dead or something.

Attached: tumblr_ovd6h0ox9w1tl4a75o1_1280.png (1280x1813, 2.24M)

Why didnt anyone bother to clean Diamond City in 200 years?
Vegas and the strip got fucked by the blmbs abd it's a better kept community than that damn baseball stadium

Nigger, Fallout New Vegas is about two entirely new nations engaged in a regional power struggle.

I like all of em. They need to put FO1/2 on consoles.

Attached: 5456743567453.jpg (1000x1000, 296K)

Reinstalled it and about to install mods again. Can someone help me find a homemade rifle mod? I have only seen screenshots, but ti looks like something that could actually work

It is tho, and that's the only thing this game have for itself, everything else is utter garbage.

I recently done a VR playthrough and even with the shitty port it was the most fun I had with Fallout, you definitely get the Post Apocalypse feel when you look at a 1:1 scale destroyed city in front of you