Just finished this, thinking of getting the second game, is it any good?

Just finished this, thinking of getting the second game, is it any good?

Attached: Metro2033.jpg (639x361, 37K)

pretty much the same

>redux
I'm so sorry

What's the difference? 'cause the second one also says redux on the store page.

Arguably the second game is just 2033 but improved, thought some find the story a bit worse in 2034. Third game keeps the same feel, but going open world without actually offering what the previous games did, a post-apocalyptic CITY makes it the worse of the 3.

2033 is better than last light imo. Id still play last light, it just felt like a cheesier game. Playing with russian audio and subtitles would probably help.

Attached: 1550965957566.jpg (6720x4480, 2.17M)

More or less this.
>a post-apocalyptic CITY
Moving away from that was a mistake. Its no surprise that Novosibirsk was the best part of Exodus.

I preferred the first one, better atmoshpere and levels. The second tries to introduce bosses in some levels but these are not really enjoyable. Still a good game.

Nothing he’s a nitpicking retard.

The second is shit.

2033's librarians are sort of bosses but fuck that giant shrimp motherfucker in LL

2033 has got to be the best one but LL definitely worth a playthrough

Playing Last Light right now and feel about half way through it's not really as thrilling but exploring the different communities is much more fun and I'm enjoying sneaking around the human enemies even though they're pretty fucking clueless.

you can sneak around the human ones in 2033.

I haven't fought a single librarian, sneaked past them and confronted the ones that spotted me.

Enjoy playing worst version

yes a better optimized version is the worst one, nooooooo but muh stealth levels, unironically kys

I'm OP, can you please explain why redux is worst? You idiots keep making sly remarks with no real reason to why it's worse. Either explain your stance or just keep it to yourself.

I prefer the redux but there's a few reasons people don't like it
The stealth in the original 2033 was a lot harder and in general the game was slightly casualised between then and LL. The redux introduces LL style gameplay to 2033.
Also they updated the graphics and made it arguably worse as they changed the tone of some areas, most noticeably above ground.

Also they made it so that some levels are slightly longer, such as areas that were cut off by loading are no longer. Plus that fight outside the library while you wait for miller is new and a nice touch.

Short version is that while the graphics are improved in some places they are downgraded in others and the gameplay has been dramatically simplified and made easier. Some examples would be stealth is significantly more forgiving, armor plating was removed from enemies, guns are all "modernized", takedown mechanics added, many player choices are removed, etc., etc. They did bring some mechanics from the sequel over to the original, e.g. burning shit with the lighter. It's not so terrible that the redux objectively sucks but there is a noticeable difference in execution. Redux is a much less of a "survival horror" game than the original was.

2033>Exodus>>>>>LL

Contrarian

am i the only one who hates all the boss fights and linearity of these games? it feels like they could have done so much more with the metro. then they finally add open world stuff but it's all above ground, literally why

First one didn't have any real boss fights, just certain sections where you're fighting off a horde of enemies.

Metro 2033 > Exodus > Last Light

Exodus is lifted primarily because the final level is beyond kino.