Retail WoW looks soulless

retail WoW looks soulless

Attached: retail1.jpg (1920x1080, 522K)

Attached: classic1.jpg (1920x1080, 440K)

Attached: retail2.jpg (1920x1080, 567K)

Attached: classic2.jpg (1920x1080, 654K)

i like how vanilla feels more open and distant
like a world to explore rather than retail's curated garden feel
>curated garden pic

Attached: de0a98d658e1a79995cf027305c78158.jpg (1080x697, 213K)

they both look like soulless garbage
wow is an awful mmo and it has been since it was created

>backwater guards with r14 shields
Perfectly summarizes gear value in retail

stopped playing years ago but I feel bad for all the classicfags, that shit is soulless af

Attached: classic3.jpg (1920x1080, 416K)

Attached: retail3.jpg (1920x1080, 474K)

Classic looks so good

It looks soulless now because they became the standard
If you compare it to MMORPGs from that time, the thing had a unique style
doesn't make it good, tho

looks exactly the same aside from the ui though

Imagine giving a fuck what items NPCs wear lmao

EMPTY WORLD : GOOD

POPULATED WORLD : BAD

I bet you enjoy vehicle quests.

what the fuck did they do to the interface??

Attached: 1558867565333.jpg (400x400, 26K)

And a schnitzel hitler hitler to you too OP

a little less than 3 weeks and we're going home bros..

Attached: 1564826190411.jpg (720x960, 61K)

yes it is, this was me at level 2

Attached: yuck.png (1920x1080, 3.76M)

It looks alright with the additional actionbar(s). But yeah, just waiting on classic

Fag detected.

Retail is cluttered with too much details. Like a garden compared to a meadow.

I actually like the cata world remake in most parts. It's all the revamped quests and overall themepark design that suck ass. Having to start long quest chains starting in bumfuck nowhere, going back to the capital and then unlocking some quest far off in desolace is kino world building and exposition. Now it's all just go to quest hub, pick everything and do 5-6 quests in the same areas and here's your welfare XP.
Graphics aren't the issue, it's the gameplay.

sneed

Retail sucks and so does classic.

>looks the same
wow

Play Final Fantasy XIV its better has better endgame has the hardest raids and dungeons in any MMO ever and all classes are super unique with extreme customization

you even get housing

whats that wow has no housing?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

STAY MAD CLASSIC INCELS

>you even get housing

no you don't, unless you're a lucky turbo mega jew like me

Get some glasses.

>ihr
I thought ihr was you plural. Shouldnt it be Sie?

FFXIV raids are the most soulless garbage I've ever seen.
Literally just a square and some big monster

retail needs some smog, without the fog nothing feels far away

"Ihr" is ye olde medieval German, but you're right about "Sie" irl

god austrians are so retarded

3 more patches of foliage doesn't make it look different

You can always get the apartment. Which is still more than WoW offers. I've found houses to be a chore to decorate.

Attached: 78149d668bc6c20a4ea739b6c3aaf71c1a417700.jpg (1000x625, 96K)

retail looks better you stupid fuck

Yeah bro have fun poopsocking your super duper hard raids with your half tranny guild and then go in your house with your tranny gf while i'm runnin dungies with the bros LOL

Attached: 1560270225695.gif (250x327, 229K)

>t. soulless Zoomer

The only thing that changed is lightning to be honest and some animations. Textures look bad in the majority of original zones.

Was this zone created by bp or something? Also
>cars
what is this shit? If I wanted a shitty motorcycle/car I'd play legend of alexstasza

I played vanilla WoW to death, user. This will not re-create the magic.

>Muh dungeons
>Muh diaper customization
>M-muh raids
>Housing that costs half a fortune

All those great things and the gameplay is still shit. What a fundamental mistake.

Attached: 1558894076336.png (222x255, 111K)

I dislike the pixaface numodels. They lack face preset variety because of the facial animations. RIP dorf rapeface.

Hol up. I thought Teldrassil was torched?

well that color palette change doesn't help. With Cata, they got rid of the bright, fantastical colors, textures, and shapes of Warcraft 3. Now everything's dark, under shadows, and without the charm of before.

hope you dont mean the wod character models

why would anyone play WoW classic?

Lazy Blizzard phasing. It only is torched once you get to Battle for Azeroth.

did you get mad at all the dwarven tanks outside ironforge as well?

I dont need magic. I just need a game that actively pits people together to achieve goals. Classic wow accomplishes that in the most organic way.

Look at private servers over the past few years and the recent beta. Yeah bro they got burnt out cause the nostalgia just didnt carry the turd of a game... oh wait.. I think we're good. You and your mengele experiment tranny gf ( trust me bro he's not one very few passable ones ) are gonna have to try harder on your demoralization campaign.

Attached: 1552727989528.jpg (474x474, 189K)

Its the better game.
Retail is just blitzing through all regions until you hit max level and then its mount wanking time. Who got the best recolored horsie?

That's what apartment looks like? It's pretty big. Too bad no one goes to the residential district.

Nostalia, zoomers, wrathbabbies who want to get fake proof of playing before wrath, etc. Also retail WoW is extremely bad at the moment.

Those were fitting and in good shape. Not to mention that it was fitting to dwarves. That pic you posted looks just ugly.
Sounds kinda dark. You're playing on a literal corpse.

I mean the extra detail on the terrain
vanilla wow looked sparse as fuck on release
idiots think something looks better just because it's old

It looks fine as it is. I never had any problems with it back in ye olden days.

Retail is a lot worse. I'd even go so far and say it is too hardcore for the average player that does not have some grinding autism. Leveling in retail is shit and borderline boring and will never be meaningful again because of the cashshop level boost. On top of that, new players level panfully slower than veterans because there are no heirlooms.
The endgame is not better. You gear up to current conten at lightning speed, every zone is cluttered with "world quests" that are required to grind reputation and reset daily. So you have to log in daily to do shit.
It never ends and you always feel like you'Re in a hamster wheel and start to resent the game the moment you ding 120.
In vanilla/classic you just do stuff you want because they're fun. The game does not drown you in shit, it lets you explore the world and set your own goals.

>Tons of dungeons, raids and zones
>Leveling just as big a part of the game as max level
>World pvp
>Gradual, rewarding progress
>Strong sense of community
>Professions matter
>High difficulty but rewards those who stick with it

I don't know user...

Attached: 1561923415276.png (320x320, 90K)

how the fuck are you faggots still arguing about the same game for the nearly 15 years its been around

play it or don't but don't pretend that anyone truly values some gay argument about the game

nah, Teldrassil is fine until you finish the BFA entry quest. Then suddenly the Tree is torched because the bunring of teldrassil was an expansion pre event that won't happen again so new players don't even fucking know why the tree is gone.

>I never had any problems with it
that's not how you criticize art user

Goblins had races in 1000 needles back in vanilla, it makes sense for them to have cars. You just hate everything new without even thinking about why

WoW was always art style over asset complexity. Just compare it to EQ2 which looked soulless as fuck back in the day.

Attached: EQ2_vs_WoW-2004.jpg (1600x1200, 542K)

>High difficulty
literally the most casual mmo on the market back in the day and it's not any harder today. Zoomers please leave

It is unironically true. The new graphics are objectively "better" but the game feels off somehow, something doesn't fit. Looks too much like a cartoon maybe? Hard to put my finger on it. Similar how League of Legends looks like absolute shit now.

eq2 looks better, soul, and godtier mmo desu

You either care about housing or you don't. Some show it off to others, but most are not that social. You can create some absolutely comfy places, though.

Attached: 1280.jpg (1280x720, 214K)

lmao, there's no way you're white.

Imagine playing a game and not giving a fuck about aestethic

>Most casual mmo on the market back in the day
>Majority of people don't even make it to 60, let alone raid MC

Attached: 1563044887160.png (825x707, 648K)

People just didn't know shit. You'll see how different it's going to be now. I mean, after people learn how to CC.

i feel like if i lived there i would get murdered

Yes it is, for a videogame.
But it was always taken with a grain of salt. It was just like pandas. Sure the goblins could "theoretically" build giant mechas if they wanted to but that would be silly.
Same with those cars back in vanilla. They were there sure but they were not seen as part of the main game. Because it would ruin the overall feel and shape of the world if every player could drive around in a fucking car.
He's right though, you get into troublesome areas that almost feel like a dungeon much earlier than in retail.

>Yes it is, for a videogame.
no it isn't
It's not "it's good enough I don't see a problem with it", that's just being defensive
the detail updates look better

The same people wouldn't have gotten out of the starting zones in the other popular mmos at the time. Being able to solo your way to max level was a selling point back in 2004

Okay so it wasn't casual back in the day and that previous post was a lie glad that's cleared up.

It will be very different. Your average zoomer is too retarded to use chat to ask for help. So most will quit after hitting level 20.

Simply wrong, so simply wrong I aint even gonna bother putting your gay nerd ass into a locker on this azerbaijani terrorist forum

>guaranteed no streamer, or at least no streamer that will cause damage
>every aspect of the game world and immersion available
>npc-acting players that will make otherwise empty cities and villages seem alive
Who /RPPVP/?

Attached: aiportraits_1563717866.jpg (1024x512, 51K)

I dunno it looks cluttered and its not like they added that much to begin with. Seems like wasted effort.

you're just being defensive

>It's so dense; every single frame has so many things going on

>Sure the goblins could "theoretically" build giant mechas if they wanted to but that would be silly.
You mean like the gnomes did? Because they were silly back then too

WoW killed the MMORPG Genre

Classic looks better than any other current MMORPG. Peak Soul!

>Leveling just as big a part of the game as max level

Attached: 1564910461498.jpg (480x270, 21K)

>Being able to solo your way to max level was a selling point back in 2004
No it wasn't. Back in 2004 people were seen as retarded if they wanted to solo a Massive Multiplayer Online game.
Even today nothing much has changed, you just got all these retards that are too stupid to type out what they want so they had to invent WoW tinder called the dungeon finder.
I mean even to this day I just don't understand why some people are trying to solo a MMO. A MMO is by default a bad singleplayer game.
There are great games that one can play alone, very great games. A MMO is the worst possible choice one can make.

Hope you hunters out there get the best pet. Have fun with spawn camping.

Attached: Broken Tooth 4.jpg (503x421, 47K)

Whats wrong with the lighting? Why does the girl look so... created by beta male?

Yes, the 1-60 journey is the best part of the game especially if it's your first time and aren't trying to speedrun it like a turboautist

Not that user but honestly the story is such a huge part of the game. Its something every player should experience, skipping it is an absolute travesty

There were smaller ones. Or Boss ones that were used in certain places and that was okay.
What I'm talking about is every single goblin riding around in one huge mecha as big as a modern skyscraper.
Or in your case every level 2 shitter sitting in a car driving around orgrimmar which would look extremely unfitting and would break immersion.
It never bothered me in the first place so this change seems generally redundant to me.

That's horrifying.

FFXIV isn't even better than BFA.

Attached: free-shrugs-4301553.png (500x736, 201K)

now i know why people call the game tranny fantasy

I think you just have issues coping with the fact that you're wrong. Either that or you're extremely autistic since your gripes are incredibly specific and don't really make sense

>playing Tranny Fantasy XIV
No thank you.

Attached: 1564700827580.jpg (462x425, 21K)

Literally only faggots play it, you're damaged goods, dude.

Word. And I'll definitely be doing it multiple times with alts.

Raids are objectively the worst thing that ever happened to MMOs.

Anything which is instanced is by definition shit, and has no place in an MMO.

>Not that user but honestly the story is such a huge part of the game.

a good MMORPG dont need a story. Just a good lore.

Fuck all the "muh hero" mmos. We need more "Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!" mmorpgs.

Attached: il_570xN.1504767850_mwd5.jpg (570x525, 57K)

Kinda true, but I really don't miss how EQ1 did it. The idea of having scouts checking out spawns and lookouts for whether other guilds are making their move sounds like great fun until you have to keep doing it over and over again to access said content.

Sure it does. There were some tanks outside of Ironforge but not every player could just drive around in one because that would completely ruin the feeling of ironforge. Same with those cars or mechas.
Not to mention that I can imagine that these contruction are way too expensive for the average normal joe to get that. Which is fitting.

THIS!!!

What spawn camping? Just switch layer lmao.

You can achieve the same effect by semi-RNG spawns in certain regions in the open world, akin to EvE.

There are many ways developers can put in ways for dungeon like content to be played in the overworld without putting them behind loading screens and locking you away from everyone.

Also, instanced PvP is literally fucking AIDS. But its even worse that it gives you gear of any shape or form like WoW does.

So every gnome riding around on robot roosters twice their size is okay but tanks and cars aren't? That's what I mean by not making sense, it's so fucking arbitrary

never played a hunter. what's the big deal?

>NOOOOOOO! You have to consume product and then get excited for new product! Nothing else!

Attached: 1516381316278.jpg (1000x1000, 245K)

Truth be told you can just do both, some instanced stuff and some "world" stuff.

user, there's a way to one up that approach - re-package the old product and sell it again to the very same people who enjoyed it the first time.

Attached: assman approves.png (300x350, 44K)

Me at eight years ago.

Attached: subscription_cancelled.png (400x319, 208K)

Literally says "play solo" on the back of the box

robot roosters are different again. They are mounts fitting to gnomes and they do look like a regular mount that could be used as a mount. Like a WoW chocobo. They don't take up so much space either that it is immersion breaking.
Tanks and cars are too big and too costly. It wouldn't make sense that every ass on WoW can just get one from level 2 onwards.
Its complex machinery that should only go to those that can afford it. Meaning important personalities or part of the military of a kingdom.

>guy leads a bunch of children around a WoW server like some kind of electronic cult
I really did not see this coming. What is this world?

Yea but people wanted that since burning crusade! So that is okay.
You had some content that you could play solo, if you didn't have any other option. But that is about it.

Fastest attack speed of any pet

lmao no

WoW was, and is, and always will be, a mediocre game. What Classic did well was encouraging people to build a commuunity so, as you leveled,you took a journey with friends you made along the way.

But the leveling was the only fun part of Classic WoW. (In fact, the leveling was the best part of WoW at all, and they never, never managed to replicate it ever again.) The endgame in Classic is truly uninspired. So here's what's going to happen. People are going to enjoy it and have fun leveling up, though less than they did when CLassic originally came out, they'll keep that momentum going to carry them through the endgame, and then they'll get bored and leave in droves.

The image posted is from the goblin starting area where you are borrowing a car from the king of the goblins though. I'm pretty done with this convo, seems you can't really convince turboautists to reconsider their headcanon

Then make an alt.

In other mmos at the time you couldn't feasibly even reach max level playing alone. The mobs became very strong very fast and required you to group up. Wow let you quest your way to level cap which was seen as a feature because you could play alone

Doubt it. I play on a private server and had a lot of fun lately. The chat alone makes this so much more entertaining. Just yesterday we talked about which girls got the best ass in WoW. Draeneis or Night elves.
It was a deep discussion full of hidden feelings and desires, of emotion and supreme taste. While I was just leveling normally and we had this discussion in the region chat just like that.
I was going from place to place just getting invites from everybody, people were working together everywhere. Some even can't speak fluent english but they still manage to get along nicely.
You can forget all that in retail. Its speedrunning through zones 5 minutes per zone, dungeon finder, mounts, mounts, mounts.
Somebody wants to tell a joke or just have a funny discussion? Nope, ignored.

Looks isn't everything

See? Why can you just walk up the goblin king? Why would he give you a car? He should be spitting in your face, telling you to scram. Not give some random shitter a car.

Depends who you were asking. Most people saw that as a major concern of WoW that this was possible at all. Encouraging gameplay that should not even be an option in a MMO.
Also Vanilla WoW had zones and places that were extremely difficult alone. It was still not impossible but you certainly won't make any good progress alone and you would die a lot.

The problem is that as the game gets older, less and less people go through the re-leveling process. What makes the leveling process fun isn't the game itself. It's the populated feel and interactions of the people in the world. And after awhile, leveling an alt is just leveling mostly alone.

>Guys, leveling is the only good part of WoW and that is temporary
>Not true, see I was leveling just the other day...

did you even read what I said

Same reason as you can walk up to any faction leader, game sucks

> The mobs became very strong very fast and required you to group up.

WoW had hints of this with elite quests and even with that you had a lot of division among people as some were annoying saying it was a wall and they had to group, while some enjoyed there was content outside dungeons that actually got people to group.

Attached: let the bodies hit the floor.jpg (580x608, 64K)

>and all classes are super unique with extreme customization
Uhhhhhhhh......... where exactly?

Yea but you implied it gets boring after some momentum. I play on private servers for quite some time now and it never happened to me strangely.
Well that is okay, walking up to them. Making an audience system would be way over the head of blizzard but no king should just give out gibs like its candy.

>WoW
>anything but puke and shit

Attached: 1422155541043.gif (277x400, 116K)

>all these irrationally seething XIV transfreaks And EverQueers
HahahHhahaha

Attached: 112.jpg (601x508, 31K)

>not just avoiding streamers
It’s not rocket science

The only mmo that has successfully implemented housing is OSRS, the guild halls in GW1/GW2 comes close though. Where the fuck would player houses even be in WoW? You're meant to be an adventurer living out of inn's. I want to hang out in orgrimmar with my bro's, I don't want my own instanced mudhut.

This! Nothing more comfy than a wow Tavern/inn and the awesome Soundtrack