fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=15807.0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_Ludd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Onslaught is a one trick pony

Yeah, I said it

But an effective one!

legal trader bros ww@

>Using anything above light cruisers
It's like you enjoy being slow and taking a year to make a simple delivery or something

I love the Onslaught!

>start my first colony
>hegemony with his allies declare war on me 2 months later just for the lulz
I had cooperative rank with hegemony which went down the drain with that immediatelly. Those allience votes are so annoying.

>legal trader
Enjoy being poor

I love the Odyssey, just don't like energy weapons because they don't have enough dakka. Are there any capital modships with similar speed, and an asymetric ballistics loadout? Conquest need not apply, too slow and it makes me want to shoot at both sides a little bit, instead of at one side a lot.

>find single player autism simulator
>start falling hard for it
>2 days later, vacation's over
>72hr workweeks for the foreseeable future of at least a couple months
i hate my life

Did you colonize a taken star system?

Yeah, the councilmen seem fucking batshit.

>hey everyone, lets start this war for no reason against an opponent on the other side of the sector while we are getting our shit pushed in by the other big alliance with 10 more planets than us.

No. Very isolated sector in the middle of nowhere. Only remnants are my neighbours there. Hegemony allies had neutral or better standings with me too. I don't understand why they declared war.

Okay lads I just found two habitable farmable planets beside eachother far out in the fringes. If I colonize them will they be able to support themselves with food and metal and stuff? I really wanna rush some colonies in this system it's got some mad planets

Attached: 1546200105216.jpg (500x525, 68K)

And I did not even use AI cores to annoy Hegemony, so yeah.

You use one for farming/mining and one for industry

Yes they'll supply each other

my drive fields are augmented

Reminder that the ONLY way to save your stellar soul and maintain a wholesome life is through the word of Ludd. (((Tri-Tachyon))) leads men to ruin with rampant hedonism and AI niggardry. Don't fall for it, brothers.

Attached: Crest_luddic_church.png (256x256, 28K)

Sweet, the system has 2 farming planets and 1 really nice mining planet. All 3 have vast ruins too. Shit's christmas.

Will anything attack me? I'm really fuckin far out and it's just remnants but I do okay against them

Attached: 1534560668498.jpg (750x737, 65K)

They will but it takes them a while to get around to bothering systems on the rim.

Factions will get jealous eventually

How do you profit off a colony? Started one a while ago and is only making like 34k a month.
Im about to change the industries but I currently have: Farming, and tech-mining.

if you're on the latest patch factions won't come for a good while but pirates will jump on you right away so have a fleet that can destroy their shitty stations and don't get too attached to your comm relays

Aight cool. I should be able to whip up some money for defenses pretty fast, I just wanna get these guys growin

Big population, accessibility and exports. The less they need to import the more money they can save too, try and have all products be produced by neighboring colonies for max profits.

Check which markets are high value
Go for the high value markets
Disrupt the other faction's producers of said high value market

>Not sacrificing ordinance peen to retrofit the drive engines and investing in speed perks just so you can fly at max speed with your station killer fleet

upgrade all your shit and grow population

whatever the planet naturally produces build industry to process it

Does Nexerelin allow you to take over all the existing factions, or can you only bomb them back into the stone age after you wipe out their fleets?

Low hazard rating is most important, don't ever go over 200%, trry to stick below 150% and any class V planet with a 75% rating needs to be populated instantly.

Why so many Starsector threads lately? Big update or something?

Am I doing it right, Yea Forums?

Attached: AI colony overdrive.jpg (845x513, 105K)

You can take over planets and they'll be treated basically as if you colonized the planet yourself

You can drop a tactical bombardment and invade markets to take them over.

>AI core
No.

ssethmemetuber did a video on it and gave away copies for free

Have you heard the good news?

Attached: Luddic_path.png (410x256, 58K)

>scav a mining station
>got these

what do I do with it?

Attached: 20190809163735.png (327x136, 45K)

Starsector never has enough steady following to exist on /vg/, but once in a while you have big updates, but the last one was in May. The recent buzz is because some big Youtube channel did a review, and now threads on Yea Forums are viable again.

Great, so I can become space Ceasar. Once the gates are back up, we shall meet them as a state once again united, free of the burdens of space ISIS and space pirates.

Can I use the dimension hopping stuff to telefrag?
This is important

Sell the corrupted nanoforge, plop the synchrotron and pristine nanoforge into your best running colony. Sit back and watch the spacebucks roll in.

PRAYER DAY

Slot them into your heavy industry to pump out more product and slot the synchrotron into your fuel production to piss off the space Arabs and have them saturation bomb you.

remember to sage and report eceleb threads

>start a new game after getting fucked 20 different ways in 20 different games
>go running after some guy with a bounty on his head
>enter the system hes in
>ship graveyard
>A elite battleship is just sitting there for the taking
is this normal or did i win the lottery or something

This is a starsector thread, though

>space Arabs
Finally, a way to stereotype the Diktat. Space Arabs makes a lot of sense, like the Tri-Jews. However, which nation would they be? Space Iraq? Space Saudi?

Don't talk to Napoleon like that.

A bit of both. You can definitely find shit lying around but that's a pretty nice find.

Attached: woow.png (708x408, 138K)

Is it a bad idea to build a colony in remnant sector with a warning beacon? Can I just kill all remnants here? They got a nice planet with two ultrarich deposits. Or do they keep respawning forever?

I always find loads of nanoforges and AI cores but somehow everybody but me can find derelict capitals just lying around. The first time I've found one was after a hedge money raid got bodied by my station and left a Legion at my front door.

Wrecked capitals are rare yes

Is the only source of volatiles cryovolcanic worlds? I'm obsessed with single system autarkies and my system has three low hazard worlds but no cryovolcanic ones. Can gas giants produce volatiles?

Can you just take over a pirate colony? Can you do that or no?

kenshi? hello?

Any planet type can have volatiles but gas giants are the most common source of them, yes.

Do it and build a nice space station to poop on them. They're just dumb robots

Attached: 1561032985183.jpg (640x687, 61K)

Any way for reducing supply use? Running survey missions to deep space is impossible with a large fleet. I use so much fuel and supplys I go bankrupt.

I have the one perk that supposedly reduces it.

Destroy the station and they'll stop spawning, I think.

If there is no station you'll just have to kill off the ones already present

either more money or less boats, your pick

Is there anyway to get rid of broken ship hulls or is it just do the expensive repair or just buy a new one

They're space arabs since they're the largest space oil producer and have an iran flavor due to being confined to one system but still super militarized.

Alright, thanks. Now if only they didn't have the worst fucking hazard ratings short of volcanic worlds.

Attached: image0-22.jpg (750x721, 68K)

efficiency overhaul hullmod
solar sheilding
not bringing a fuckload of combat ships
trading cruisers for frigates

Carriers with high tech bombers/fighters are so fucking OP

>is there any way other than the way

Are there any essential mods for QoL or it is pretty good throughout?

> tfw can't ever get past making a shitload of money as a civilian space freighter because too brainlet to build a decent combat fleet

Man I had this problem until I realized that 1 large ship is so much better than a bunch of small ships.

Just one decent sized tanker and one decent sized civ transport solved all my issues. Prior to that I was using a shitload of little transports and it fucking sucked. Now I have roundabout coverage of the entire map

The speed up mod, for sure
especially late game

Can I tell hegemony to fuck off if they inspect my colony and I'm 100/100 with them?

>start a new game
>beeline directly for the pirate station by jangala
>bait a huge fucking pirate fleet into chasing me
>manage to barely outrun them but thats all i need
>run them right into at least 4 or 5 hegemony fleets
>join the carnage
>salvage all the ships
>loot all the goodies
all according to keikaku

Attached: 1556281793967.png (764x712, 453K)

I think you can use your influence to stop it?
Either that or pay them or blow up their fleet

Truly salvaging is the best way to play. I love organically growing my fleet.

You lose 5-10 standing, but if you really have AI cores running your colony you should just bribe them, it still makes more money.

>build a colony
>pirates invade
>they're absolutely pathetic
Guess I'm safe for now as long as they don't send one of those huge fleets

>sneaking into an undefended planet with my transponder off to dodge tariffs
suck my big space dick Hedgefags

Attached: jatgx29gwlr11.jpg (302x300, 21K)

I got super lucky with my home system's gas giant having 150%, rounds out my system very nicely with fuel production and a high command, though I still can't really tell what high command does over the military base and patrol station, aside from producing marines

>Why yes, I drive a fleet of 10 Mudskippers and buffalo with reduced maintenance and militarized systems, how did you know?

Attached: Kandi-K22.png (1025x744, 559K)

You can usually body the bounty contracts for around 50k spaceman coin with just some frigates with no D-mods.

Attached: ludd_more_like_chud.png (184x251, 95K)

Imagine Starsector, but with multiplayer

My nigga. Minimum Burn 9-10 is life.

Attached: 1525499607669.gif (275x207, 661K)

my supply holds hurt just thinking about it

whatever you do don't sell them your spare blueprints, because I'm 90% sure that's why every pirate armada in my game is running Oddeseys alongside those new sexy Atlas Mk.IIs

Good thing I didn't sell them a good capital by mistake

so eve online? it's just not fun since it's had the same economy and politics for 15+ years

I would love this game with just a coop mode tho

Your own faction can provide resources, they're called "in-faction sources" and you can see them on the Credits/Month section of the F1 menu. But if anything isn't supplied then trade transports get automatically called from other factions, and if they get attacked you get penalties against you. You need to make sure you have enough resource for your colonies. The big issue is food, you need at minimum 4 food just to start with, which means a planet needs to make 8 to support itself and another planet.

Additionally, the upkeep costs are reduced by planets within a system up to 50%, so stacking multiple planets which complement each other is a good idea. Each planet only gets 4 slots and there are 9 industries (with tech being one which runs out eventually anyway, so its really 8). So a perfect system would be two planets which can cover all 8 industries.

desu the only sectors worth taking are the ones around the core worlds, trying to survive in the fringes sucks unless you find a system or two which can support each other with everything you need and you have millions to quickly upgrade them to cover everything.

Yeah, factions use the blueprints, nanoforges, and cyclotrons you sell them.

how the hell do pirates manage to field so many goddamn capital ships everywhere

Attached: atlas freighters are just fireworks though.png (477x493, 132K)

I found a research station with like 1m worth of blueprints before and just used them for myself

>Not big-dick flying in on extended burn with transponder on, walking straight through customs to the shady side street with a suitcase of H I G H Q U A L I T Y R I B S and selling them in plain sight of an impotent screaming customs wagie.

Then coming back and selling enough pleb stock with tariffs that they literally can't do anything.

Why of fucking course officer, please check my now empty cargo hold.

I know the Hedgemony attack you if you use an AI administrator

But what about AI on infrastructure like pic Can you get away with using AI cores just on your buildings?

i really wish pirates had mini factions that would infight. having every single asshole in space somehow work together is dumb

Who would have thought that people preying on merchant convoys end up with a lot of merchant ships? All those capitals are just converted freighters.

yeah I do that sometimes too, only when I can empty basically all of my hold. shits dumb but whatever free money

Attached: 1535772597302.jpg (480x640, 26K)

>This is what pirates actually Belsalvageieve

Attached: THE_TITANIC_MK_2_YEAH_STICK_SOME_ICE_GUNS_ON_THE_BROADSIDE_DIMITRI.jpg (276x183, 12K)

They will inspect you no matter what but while I've heard they don't ever find cores used on infrastructure I have way too many to ever take the chance and just pay them off.

>I would love this game with just a coop mode tho
There is a fully functional coop mod, it only works in combat though and local.

Your friend can use your keyboard to take over a ship.

>having every single asshole in space somehow work together is dumb
Well, they're more like guidelines, really.

Attached: Code.jpg (902x931, 141K)

Don't forget to pick up all your legitimate supplies and fuel in the handy duty free shop on your way out of a dumpster fire planet.

Like pirates wouldn't prey on eachother for easy ships and money unless they were from the same station

I heard the issue is that player controlled phase ships warp time and that makes multiplayer unviable

Also because netcode is hard

yeah, pirates are more like a faction than actual pirates. kinda dumb that they can go toe-to-toe with actual fleets instead of doing hit-and-run strikes against trade convoys and raiding colonies.

How is the endgame in this game? Is it possible to annihilate the fractions and become the sole ruler or is one bound to to be a errand boy forever?

Attached: 1.jpg (1170x1170, 114K)

It is possible to destabilize a planet so badly it collapses and then you move in.

People apparently do it for sweet bluelobster. I mean uh, liberty, yeah.

The game isnt finished yet, the real end game isnt there. But we have the ability to colonize planets or steal them from other factions so yes, you can rule everyone.

It seems like the game is pretty close to feature completion though, I imagine 1.0 is just all the [REDACTED] and gate mechanics.

Vanilla has you murdering literally everyone if you want
There's a mod that adds an actual win condition with capturing every market

Yeah you can fuck them over and become a monopoly for lobster, organs and fuel

>not building a giant fleet, obliterating lobster world and becoming the sole monopoly on sweet sweet crustacean meat
Big dick lobster plays

Attached: 45465435665.png (80x80, 10K)

Is it me or is the organ market shit now? Past games shitty pirate stations would always pay out the ass for them and Noimos would always have a surplus to buy cheap, but now the market is basically nobody buys or sells them for any more than anyone else. Drugs feel weaker as well but at least pathers still buy that shit up now and then.

You still cant produce lobsters yourself
Right?

that's only 29 ships and a bunch of fighters

the fuck is that coral looking thing? where do i find it?

The organ market's really inconsistent, yeah.

Hohohohoho

user, you can make Aquaculture (replaces farms) on water worlds, and on Askonia it gives you lobsters.

Single most profitable resource on its own, not to mention its the only one which you can guarantee a profit by trading it yourself since it increases in value the further out you fly from the home world.

Can't you just raid those guys that have the big organ market so you'll get bigger prices?

It inceases fuel production in the fuel industry by 3

You salvage it

Synchotron

Its a special item which increases fuel production on a colony by +3

In other words MAD DOSH SON

Yes, you can do that with any resource.

synchrotron core, slap it on fuel refinery to turn fuel into moar fuel. Find it wading through trash same as other goodies

Favourite ship for dunking on larger ships? Riced out Sunder for me

Should every colony in a system have a patrol HQ?

Yeah

What about commerce and waypoints?

Waystation yeah, commerce no. Upgraded military base too because it produces more patrols.

>Denying basic resources.
>Factories cease production
>Angry unemployed workers start taking up all the hard drugs you're shipping into the black market
>As the space-coked up organ harvesting chain gangs begin to break down doors and tear appart lives the orbital station, so starved of fuel and crew crashes into the atmosphere, raining white-hot pieces of ferrosteel that punches through steel like flesh and flesh like screaming, instantly combusting butter.
>What few scraps of ships can be dug up from the junkyard have left, either with the sane few remaining or more likely the next pirate recruits soaked in the blood of their fellow citizenry.
>Last man alive, a simple lobsternetman, so withered from fasting because he knows eating his stock will get him 20 years working as a luddic path outreach missionary, looks up as ships descend upon the charred husk that is civilisation.
>your tri-pad beeps
oh hey finally, fuck tariffs.

Waypoints increase growth and income so you’ll want that

As much as that spineless Yea Forumsirgin youtuber who only parrots the most common opinions and memes in this shithole is beyond fucking awful, at least the nigger focus on great western games, and attracts attention to GOATs like Starsector.
If that's what it takes for you disgusting weeaboos and AAA circle jerkers to get some standards in vidya, praise be to the terrible youtubers.

Attached: 1460328676220.jpg (1280x720, 314K)

yall got any tactics to fight the remnant space stations?? those things are real fuckers

Attached: lolben.png (512x512, 141K)

run

Yes.
_________----____----__----_____-------____
_____________Don't_________--------:::::::---------

Tempest is great as a frigate, Gryphon is for when you want to RIP AND TEAR as a cruiser.

Gryphon with Sabot pods in the side to kill shields and ALL THE REAPERS up front. Launch sabots, fry shields, launch reapers, put on sunglasses, enjoy the show.

My Colony is in a binary system with one of the stars being a neutron star. If I wait around in system the ai glitches and continuously spawns fleets that never leave lagging my game and making my colony unraidable, is this good or bad?

Imagine being a poor unlucky soul on a Domain sleeper, being woken from your cryosleep to go work in the mines of some shithole planet

Structures are either industry or not, the ones which are not you should upgrade all of them if you can afford it.

For industry, only the ones you need, you only get 4 slots.

with the new system slots aren't a problem anymore so there's no reason not to have all of the structure buildings, megaport, waystation, etc. It's industries you need to be picky about, since you can only have a max of four on one planet after size 7. Commerce is an industry and patrol station becomes one if you upgrade it so keep them to one per system maybe.

>colonizing a neutron star ever

Attached: 3D1B35DC-DF9C-4829-A785-A61F52F95BD2.jpg (720x1280, 107K)

>alert for an ashen keeper invasion fleet
>13 fleets
>spend two months preparing
>spend all my money
>check alert again
>5 fleets

Just give me the fun you faggots.

Attached: 1461551526.jpg (540x960, 41K)

>Fighting remnants
Why would you do that goy?

>costs 60 to 80 to buy
>sells for 200+ on fringes of core worlds
Explain why you would even bother trading anything else, that margin is both guaranteed and huge. You literally double your money when you do it.

I think the worst part is all those people in the sleeper used to live normal lives in the domain
Imagine the rude awakening that comes from waking up in the shithole that is the sector

Say that to my face motherfucker not travelling -30 backwards from me while your supplies melt.

>Independant world being fucking ravaged by pirates within a few LY of them
>Keep landing with a bulk of mostly them.

I mean, sure you're literally unable to work, have no clothes, fuel or supplies, or basic necessities, but gotta get that fucking thermadore de azures don't we?

>everyone you ever knew is probably dead
>your home is gone
>replaced by this fresh hell
>might even get your fresh as fuck organs harvested

This is why tech is bad, he should have died ages ago, instead the devil machine has extended his suffering.

because only one place produces it and they don't produce much

I'd rather buy thousands of fuel and drugs and give them to pathers for 2-3 times what I paid for them

It was a tundra planet with only cold as a debuff, it was the perfect distance from the core to take a long time for the ai to reach but not so far that I can barely return to the core without a fuckton of fuel. Thi

>trading with panthers
HERETIC

This is what my system looks like thanks to the neutron star.

Attached: SAVE ME FROM MY NEUTRON STAR CAGE.png (1920x1080, 1.1M)

>user caught in a pulsar while making this post

So I'm currently on my first playthrough and after doing bounties and trading illegal stuff, I wanna go exploring shit. But I honestly have no idea what I should be doing. Do I just go wherever? Anything special I should be taking? Anything I should be doing? I honestly have no idea what I'm doing outside of the core systems

Do missions that make you salvage derelict stuff and survey planets

>take exploration missions, they'll point you to useful stuff/recoup the costs of actually flying out that far
>follow salvagers if you see any flying out of the core worlds they always go to salvage rich systems

As you get tougher and build a bigger fleet you should be seeing tougher and meaner bounties and generally they're further out too. Making an expedition out to a high value bounty then exploring the area for goodies is a nice bit of fun.

You can take survey commisions and earn some dosh on that and explore/survey systems that are along the way.

Make sure to have tankers and combat freighters. You need about 600 crew at the most for surveying. 340 heavy machines are the most ive everyseen for a planet. And supply costs are a bitch so always bring as much supplies as possible other than that just avoid hitting storms and look at the minimap to see the paths between. If you see domain probes or anything of the sort make sure to grab the good shit like AI cores and tech and leave behind metals and other resources if you dont have the room.

Tell that to my piles of alexcoin, not my fault Atzlan practically gives fuel away and Chalcedon goes through it like water

Is there a mod that let's me play as any of the factions at the start?

Whats the point of civilian transports? Are they basically more freighters?

Everyone says do missions but fuck that.

Get a medium tanker, fill it with fuel, get supplies for a long time, and fly towards a black hole. Look for those warning beacons and research stations near black holes or suns. The secret is to have enough supplies and fuel that you can just hit a shitload of systems. Missions are just too far away and sporadic.

Nexerelin

Nexerelin
Sometimes you need a lot of dudes, like colonizing a planet or raiding a planet
Might be worth if youre running a suicide fleet too

Nexerelin

Also only survey planets that you think might be level 3 to 5. And seriously, only survey that shit if it's either small or you have survey ships. Otherwise just look for derelicts and stations to salvage. Get the perks for it too.

So you can colonize planets, have enough manpower to do surveys or to man new ships you salvage

They're freighters for people, yes. You don't really need them unless you have either all small ships that can't support their own crew needs or loads of carriers and need a huge crew to supply the meatgrinder maybe. One Nebula has been enough for my entire game no matter how many bigass ships I have.

Shut the fuck up, you took my Colony a week right after I started it while I was colonizing another planet in the same system. Nobody likes you, I will take your planets now fucko, especially that juicy 50% hazard rating one.

Attached: 1565114979989.gif (320x240, 883K)

what's the best way to profit off of survey data?

sell it at the first black market you get

should i kick this fag or keep her? found her in a derelict ship but 25k a month for a rescue when i dont even have a colony.

Attached: screenshot010.png (1920x1200, 114K)

>go to independent colony
>find Conquest for sale
>Buy it
>Colony has finished building my Conquest the day right after
Rate my fleet. Too many Capitals?

Attached: Starsector_0.9.1a-RC8_09-Aug-19_12_16_51_PM.png (1920x1080, 3.02M)

How do you all outfit a sunder?

Specifically which hull mods do you use?

get a colony or boot her

it only costs 2500 a month if they are idle. keep them.

>Literally Gay
Out of the airlock she goes.

What's that green one?

My favorite is the laser support sunder
One HIL + 2 Gravitons, 3 Vulcans for defence everything else empty for more points. ITU, +LaserRange mod and a shitload of capacitors for tankyness, maybe hardened shields
Not the best but I just really like it
Or just slap extended magazines on it and an autopulse laser and laugh at every other destroyer in the game

You talk as if there should be enough capitals

At least the pirates aren't gonna make it.

Attached: 1527945130331.jpg (293x236, 30K)

>start colonizing planets
>4 max from me
>3 admins max
Well boys, it's time to apply our AI waifus. I've got like 16 of them right now. Wish me luck.

Attached: 1553947986692.gif (500x350, 1.26M)

Luddite path ship
Teleports so it was a bitch to fight
But hey, at least I could grab it

Attached: Starsector_0.9.1a-RC8_09-Aug-19_2_48_59_AM.png (1920x1080, 920K)

You should definitely keep her, two-skill admins that aren't AI cores are rare as fuck

How do you get so many alpha cores?

This game is too fucking neat, I'm averaging 4 hours sleep since I started. LMAO

Church*
My bad, path hasn't assaulted me yet

Mostly this: but ditch the tankyness for two Sabot pods. Sunder is meant as a glass cannon, I find it much more enjoyable if I can just delete their shields. Tachyon Lance is hard to find, but much more enjoyable than HIL.

> Not assaulting the LP to steal all their sweat ass brawler frigates.

Pleb tier my dude.

Mid level danger systems
Once you have like a couple capital ships and some carriers, they're usually not the hardest, and worth fighting just for the cores. I probably had about a couple hundred betas and gammas too, but I used those for *diplomatic* purposes.

Attached: 1519316147403-1.gif (375x500, 929K)

Remnant attack expreditions

Dangerous, but profitable

thats whats i thought all the other admins ive found were 1 skills that cost 5k so 25k must be rare. still 25k a months going to kill me since i barely break even on the stupid bullshit im doing now.

Hardpoints: Autopulse Laser, 3x Vulcans, whatever else punchy you can find for the two medium energy points
Mods: Expanded Magazines, Safety Overrides, Unstable Injector
Strategy: get in, blow apart some nerds, get out
You won't have much primetime with this ship, so you might want to have a secondary ship to switch into for longer battles
Plasma Cannon is good on the large energy point too, but it's a bit nerfed since 0.9

It’s Just 2500 if they’re not assigned, like user said

She only costs 2.5K until you install her on a planet. You'll be fine.

Hey man, I'm too busy with the pirates and keeping LC's grubby hands off my colonies. Including the ones I took from LC. LP will just have to wait.

Attached: 1564756371992.jpg (620x729, 103K)

The trick is killing everything while taking no damage?
What's the downside? Except slow as fuck, but you have the engine burst for that.

how do I get out of this raid loop?
These pirates won't stop raiding me and I never get time to recover before they try to raid again. And their raid parties are HUGE, and come in multiple fleets, can i get some other faction into my system to help me?

Attached: file.png (459x449, 149K)

Have you tried getting a hightech station and plenty of patrol fleets to defend your colonies?

>trusting AI to manage your whole fucking planet
Lmao dude it's like you want a Matrix scenario

>he can't beat the pirates' shitty Ikea ships

All they have is quantity. Get Ä… couple good capitals/cruisers, lure them into your battle station, and turtle while they run into your guns and missiles.

>pirates keep building their base in neutron star system
These fucking retards

I'm trying to, a few HOURS ago I upgraded to a hightech station, but the pirates and arabs keep raiding and disrupting my progress.

OH GOD, I HAVE LIKE 8 AI'S, AND 3 OF THEM ARE ALPHAS

Attached: file.png (339x118, 22K)

Bribe them

Bribe or tell them to fuck off you silly bitch

That fucking colony name

Rate my first salvage run

Attached: file.png (1030x435, 313K)

4.5/10

>try to play this
>on easy
>did like 5 campaigns now that all ended in a random pirate fleet of 10+ ships appearing out of nowhere and not allowing me to run, ending the run
>don't really know what to do
>contracts/bounties that pop up randomly are either on the other side of the world or way too tough for me to fight
>ask in bars but its always the same shit, either the AI murder garbage that rapes my ass, or go deliver this to X except its a pirate sector so you'll get fucked
Game looked more fun in the video

>no lobsters
0/10

t. Jordan Peterson

Attached: 1565147709661.gif (533x300, 2.02M)

Think of it like dwarf fortress crossed with Cowboy Bebop.
You're going to die, that's not in doubt, but the real goal is the adventure you have before the end.

>distress call
Every time in some spooky as fuck place. That noise is spooks me too.

>Start off with Wayfarer because I want to jew people
>Even tiny enemy fleets have ships that outclass mine
How the fuck am I meant to defend myself with this ship?

Fight them you coward
You reap what you sow

Well, you could probably fend off kites and lone hounds

how the fuck do I use carriers
do I use commands to send my shiplets to fuck shit up or do I have to be close to something and it works automatically

what’s the best way to provoke the largest raid upon my colony possible? it’s boring when all the raids are predicted to be defeated in orbit

You lucky fucking cunt, I have 6 corrupted nanoforges and not a single pristine one.

Press Z

what are some stupid fucking meme mods

thomas the tank engine ships

Both. Send them by selecting carriers and right clicking what you want to die, or selecting individual ships and selecting "fighter strike". Or just getting close, without any orders, they will send fighters and bombers at will. If you give the carrier an escort order, it will send fighters as escorts.

Should I keep my fleet at two ships until warping to Galatia?

Maybe the big boys will ignore me then.

WHERE DO I FIND PRISTINE NANOFORGES

If youre starting with the wayfarer your first priority is getting an actual combat worthy ship

The cold reaches of space(stations)

press X to win
also press X to postpone winning
just click one button you dumb bitch

do pirates make bases near yours when you set up a colony? I made mine in a pretty off location and after a few months activity spiked and now there's pirates everywhere in my sector

yes they love to do that

Does difficulty and rewards actually scale with distance from the core worlds? I thought it's randomized, seeing as how I had high tier remnant systems relatively close to them.

I'm at a point where I can't beat any bounty missions and have no money to upgrade the fleet
shit's so fucking frustrating

Nope its all random

>spend an hour refitting fleet
>save
>game crashes

is there any way to set a bounty on them so you can get others to find and kill them?

Buy a few small freighters and do some ez cargo transport missions

Fug.
The wiki tells me to make sure my IDE is set to compile the Java classes in JDK 7 format to fix this. Anyone got a clue how to do this?

Attached: 1544482144982.png (223x142, 3K)

have you tried being sensible about your signature output?

futa amazon mod when

Attached: hoardersRus.jpg (1003x1539, 568K)

I want to do an all-salvaged fleet at some point. The D-Mods are almost endearing. I had a falcon in one playthrough that kept getting disabled only to be salvaged again after the battle and I treasured it.
The starship legends mod is great too, lets a ship's crew get attached to its captaining officer and gives bonuses or maluses based on its performance.

>space arabs
>iran
>arab = iran
mate are you a moron?

I do this all the time. D-mods are such a massive benefit to logistics.

Space Russia is more likely
and Hegemony is China

Finding ship blueprints for the first time. Part of me wants to learn them, but another part of me is thinking I should sell them because I don't know how to build ships. What do?

There a pirate base right near my colony. Is there anyway to place a bounty on them?

Attached: pirate scum.png (500x334, 159K)

I like shrike

You absolutely do not want to sell them unless you have duplicates
Once you have a colony with heavy industry you can hand pick what ships you want and build them, as long as you learned the blueprint

do patrol units get build automatically? Or do I must do something?

>Combat Chatter
>Speed Up
>Legendary Starships
>extra portraits

Attached: free Ahne.png (128x128, 22K)

i have gryphon blueprint. is it the best cruiser?

Just put survey equipment hullmod on all your freighters and tankers plus bring like 200 heavy machinery and everything short of a gas giant will be only 5 supplies to survey. Makes it so you don't miss out on any hidden gem planets with nice ruins or unexpectedly good resources.

ngo update when
dong when
templars when
borken when
ship superiority when

>thinking persians aren't arabs
lmao

go commit some atrocities

Ah, ok

>D-mods are such a massive benefit to logistics.
Hol up
Do they reduce maintenance?

>is it the best cruiser?
In the hands of your officers? Meh. Not enough staying power due to running out of missiles, and they just don't use them properly.

In your own hands? It. Kills. Everything.

just finished the tutorial and got an easy 100k delivering from first world to the miners station
feels comfy. where should I go next?
If I wander aimlessly can I find scrap reliably?

Ah, since I just found it, I'll also ask; I assume I keep this corrupted nanoforge?

I think you need a patrol HQ but other than that it's automatic. They'll be total shite until you get heavy industry up though

is he our guy?

what's the best cruiser -or biggee ship(s)- to give to officers

If you have Nexerelin, under special actions at a friendly base.

>modded Starlight Cabal decides to bully you for your new weapon you grabbed off a weapons cache

Attached: 1558410621349.jpg (720x720, 24K)

On a scale of 1-10 how macross can this get?

>where should I go next?
Wander around the core worlds until you see missions popping up, also visit bars at planets for delivery missions. Procurement and delivery are ez money if you have a freighter or two.
>If I wander aimlessly can I find scrap reliably?
More or less. You can pick up the debris from other people's battles or find shit just out in space.

With the right level up yes

Attached: bogged.jpg (1002x731, 197K)

>be me
>be neet
>play whenever I want
its ok i guess

I was wondering why some specific ship hulls I like didn't seem to be spawning anywhere only to realize I hadn't enabled their mods. Enabling them now crashes the save but I don't want to just throw away this 80 hour run for some of my favorite ship designs.

Attached: 1542696158447.jpg (1536x2048, 331K)

No sleep for you brother. Join the neets and slackers. 26 hour working week here, I’ll be in my comfy Jim jams by 430pm running an attack on BRDY, and once they’re fucked I’m going to take Diablo down.

>pirates start battle with the space station
>engage
>they fuck off
Every time

> Alpha Core

Attached: 1562561727293.jpg (492x330, 43K)

i wish i could, man
but i gotta live somehow, no neetbux over here in slavlandia

>starting shit for no reason and leaving

Just like real pirates,
In all seriousness the AI is actually pretty

u're pretty too, user.

propably wageslaving to pay even more of those sweet 30% to tri-tach and the homomony.

>survey derelict ship mission
>take it
>get to the system
>check where it should be
>just fucking far away from the star
>just running around watching as my supplies deplete
Help

I'm blushing
I meant pretty good. Please be patient I have stupid.

my fleet mainly consists of tempests, with a doom flagship, but as i'm starting to reach midendgame, i think the tempests are starting to fall off
do you guys have any reccomendations to help me buff up my fleet? should i invest in carrier ships?

I hope you learned a valuable lesson

Any good mod factions apart from Diable and Shadowyards? I've got Nexerelin and want to spice it up a bit more.

>More or less. You can pick up the debris from other people's battles or find shit just out in space.
does the game world in general tend to "regenerate"? or was everything just placed there for the player and then nobody else can find anything?
also is there straightforward mining I can do?
I started with the Shepard drone carrier.

Carriers and a beefy midliner or two to buffer for them.

wait, are new maps randomly generated or not?

>not having full cruiser and carrier fleet
it's like you never studied ww2

MORE TEMPESTS
youtube.com/watch?v=jBw32bjg2og

The core stays the same, the outer reaches are procgen.

DME
BRDY

what are the best faction mods

ohhh, okay. thank you.

Do you have a link to the forum threads, maybe? I looked for them in the mod aggregation thread and couldn't find'em.

blackrock, imperium and shadowyards are a must, diable if you don't mind some anime features

the rest vary from balance problems to ugly sprites to boring kitbashes to exotic features and so on so pick stuff that looks interesting to you

>Install nexerelin
>Use agents to make everyone hate the Ludds, and improve relations of everyone else
>create a Holy Alliance
>Go on a crusade to purge all heathens (and pirates)
Mods truly are magical

Attached: 3nMFPev.jpg (1145x390, 220K)

my fleet of 6 Onslaught is unstoppable.

I just ram into space stations with all 6 ships and the screen goes white because of all the chain-reaction explosions

>Class V planet with vast ruins inside core space and Hegemony control
Il just get third colony up and running, que capital ship production and conquer the sector

Attached: w9UJAja.jpg (640x589, 61K)

how do agents work? i bought one and it said i can find agents under the intelligence tab but i dont see anything

youtube.com/watch?v=XNcyzVTVMT4
Praise Ludd

>using mods
you guys don't seriously do this, right?

>my fleet of 6 Onslaught is unstoppable.
He doesnt know

how do i outfit pirate falcon

What the fug i just started out

Attached: machinery.png (1920x1080, 726K)

>Not using mods
Alex left some elements to the modders you know

dump metals
get machines

What's the minimal fleet that can deal with pirate bases and armadas (~8 atlases) reliably and without much player input? Can a Paragon + 4 cruisers + 6 destroyers do that?

is it a good idea to let AI cores run facilities? does it attract space police to my planet?

You can invest some supplies to stabilize the pods in orbit, quickly run back to Core, buy some freighters and haul it all back. Throw away the metals first because they aren't worth it.

I belive you just salvaged an operating satelite from another faction just like i did :). Only do this if you DGAF about the faction. This is sabotage, you know?

it attracts jihadists and hegemony inspections, which can be dealt with via violence or bribery respectively

I'd say. As far as ships go, onslaught is pretty fucking cool. Not to mention all those sweet hardpoints.

An AI administrator will attract everyone to murder you

Apparently you can get away with AI in industries though, I dont know if thats true but feel free to test it and report back

he salvaged a mining station or something

Such as?

Im sorry you hate balanced fun

Attached: 3456436756.jpg (1145x1637, 679K)

>space police
Hegemony isn't police, they are self-appointed, self-righteous thugs that deny you the wonders of technology because they don't want anyone but themselves to prosper. Install an alpha as your administrator, install another on your space fortress, put a beta on every industry and start mass-producing warships.

how extensive is the customization? can I repaint my ships or something? the autofit presets show different styles but I don't see an option.

So, what's the recommended mod list for this version?
I have:
Diable Avionics
Interstellar Imperium
LazyLib
MagicLib
Nexerelin
Outer Rim Alliance
Unknown Skies
ZZ GraphicsLib

I remember when their ships were actually good.

Ships and Weapons Pack.
Unknown Skies.
Lazy and Graphics libs.
>using blatantly overpowered custom factions

Combat Analytics (this mod is fucking AMAZING, it gives you a report printout telling you the DPS of your ships so you can see what worked and what didnt)
Arkgneisis
Version Checker
SpeedUp

The Console Command mod is also neat for testing things

Damn man, why did that nig have to make such cool ships be so shitty

>Thought Luddic path and Luddic church were suppose to be because they're luddites.
>There was a guy named Ludd instead
What the fuck

Attached: 1565012548253.jpg (228x221, 7K)

How so?

should I invest into combat?

Attached: pts.png (1280x768, 386K)

Learn how to use fighters pleb

youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvCOdf8W98&

that's the joke

found 3 corrupted forges but its too early for me to start a colony (already made one but it drained me so hard i abadoned it) should i just sell them?

Real life luddism is also named after a guy named Ludd.

you have officers for combat shit
get engineering skills

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-09 14-42-23.png (1073x542, 35K)

>(this mod is fucking AMAZING, it gives you a report printout telling you the DPS of your ships so you can see what worked and what didnt)
>being a brainlet

How am I supposed to have a though-out fleet composition when certain weapons and ships are near impossible to come by? And don't fucking say make a colony, it only works when you already have a fleet to defend it.

Attached: versatile fighter01.gif (200x200, 1020K)

Attached: vrUTHG.png (304x193, 35K)

i just collected various ships by salvaging and make the best of them
bought an eagle (XIV) when i found it on black market tho and its still the frontline of my fleet

Just have a fuckin junker fleet man, perfection takes time

>need to defend colony from pirates
>get into an infinite loop of needing supplies to fight and fighting to get supplies
So when are they getting rid of this dogshit resource?

>junker
I'm never offered an option to salvage anything cruiser/capital sized, only take it apat for salvage. Do I need salvage rigs or is it bad luck?

we have to go back user

You sound like a guy who hates expansion packs.

Attached: hammrtime.webm (980x551, 2.74M)

actually it was some ruins on a planet i was exploring, either way i feel like ive won a lottery with how much shit i got.

also unrelated but what do i do with all the different shit like ores, metal, transplutonics etc? Is it just for quests/colonies or do they serve some other purpose?

You can get the perk that increases chance to salvage stuff, or just buy trash ships on the market for cheaper. I have a pretty solid trashcan fleet, I just make sure I get ships that aren't expensive fuel/supply wise

That's the dumbest fucking shit and I'd never use it, but holy fuck that's hilarious

Manufacturing or selling

That...that'd never work in a 3d environment

Nevermind, I got patrols and it's fine now

>ores, metal, transplutonics etc?
Sell them when you see a contract or when there's a shortage to make some money.

Not with that attitude.

Be an errand boy and run sensor package/survey while salvaging the outer rim, if you get lucky you can even find a prestine cruiser without D-mods. Or go pewpew and be a bounty hunter/commissioned until you squirrel away enough money for a cruiser or capital ship. Then repeat until you can get another and build on that. Max most the shit in the tech tree by lvl 15 then decide what you want to do, then spec for it. Don't build a colony unless you can defend it from serveral capital ships.

good thing starsector is a 2d game then
christ people say the dumbest shit

How the fuck do I win battles

Do I literally just mass the most biggest ships I can possibly find

It's more pointing out that space is a 3d environment so this shouldn't really work even in the game. Depends on if you want your game to be believable or just go all in on the fun factor

what mod

Yeah but I mean technically ramming should be next to impossible, yet you can accidentally bump into people

Practice combat. No joke.
Neutrino

Attached: Blackrock.webm (1600x900, 2.92M)

Combat Chatter is an absolute must

Should I make a free port? I don't want to get fucked up by bigger factions at the moment

>Swarm missiles on every missile port

Attached: notenufmsls.jpg (1280x720, 191K)

Combat Chatter adds so many personalities to the game

Attached: Appro.jpg (887x722, 134K)

i salvaged a legion, could two conquests, but they both had increased maint and fuel so i scrapped them, and lots of cruisers

*absorps ur energy*
*yells* HAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!
*returns it to u 10fold*

heh..... kid, u thought ud be a chalenge...?

*teleports away*

Yeah, a lot of people say stuff like this, but I'm not seeing it myself. Are you playing the latest version? Any mods?

>does the game world in general tend to "regenerate"?
Yes it has a simple but robust economy with supply and demand causing trade fleets, smugglers, wars, etc to crop up organically as time goes on
However domain-era salvage are "unique" and only spawn on world-gen, but there's so many you won't run out
>Mining
With Nexerelin mod

>pirate armada with 10 atlases
>literally ran out of torpedoes on my gryphon before killing them all
>rest of my fleet is mucking about
shieeeet

Ram the fuckers.

100% vanilla, sseth's version
invest in shepards and engineering skills

0. I asked this before but currently, no galactic colony fleets which was a huge disappointment. Nor ayys. You can get mechs through mods but they are pretty superficial. Still, this is still the closest space game you can get to Gundam/Macross.

OT: I wish the game expand more on each path or job we regularly do.
>be amazon prime
>start small by fulfilling requests from bars
>earn some cash
>spent it on bigger ships
>fulfill bigger deliveries
>on time and delivered
>gain reputation
>requests are now being made directly through your tripad
>you start getting swarmed
>register and open up star prime corp
>buy fleets of freighters for galactic shipping
>start assigning fleets for various factions/individuals
>pirates start noticing you
>getting raided heavily
>fleets getting destroyed
>goods being stolen
>constantly missing deliveries
>pissed off factions you are in contract with
>reputation plummets
>hire mercs/place bounties on pirate bases
>or ways to deal with them
>survive or go bankrupt in the process

etc. Of course, you can mix them up and still able to experience through each of them respectively. Like being bounty hunter might uncover some conspiracy and you need to take down the huge baddie in a fight.

>tfw you are such a brainlet you let your officers handle capitals and cruisers and just fuck around in your Medusa picking off random frigates
It's like I'm one of those rich faggots who go on safaris but can't even shoot themselves so they hire a hunter.

I cant do it. I just keep hemorraging money. I can't seem to get the hang of balanced/powerful fleet building or ship loadouts. I never have enough storage space or fuel and if I buy those ships then I have a shortage of supply.

I'm horrible at this and I want to be better. ahhh

Attached: 1381444750819.jpg (377x437, 63K)

diktat ships when
league ships when

just use less ships, but with a better composition.
Don't just throw in all the fancy expensive stuff.

download the console command mod and give yourself a bazillion credits then

When you enable Ships and Weapons Pack.

just practice bro, youl get good

Attached: Kiss your engines goodbye.webm (1816x1006, 2.97M)

You literally cannot account for damage or damage mitigation without it

You're just using what you think works rather than knowing you uneducated pleb

Post fleet compositions!

I need ideas so I don't keep getting my shit kicked in

Always keep one, sell the rest

Wolfs and lashers, all with safety overrides

>he hasn't turned the level cap off to slowly but surely ascended to godhood
yikes lads

how do i make my patrols stronger?

buy onslaughts and then upgrade into Paragon if possible

So I've recently started my colonies and find pirates a giant fucking pain. I've checked and there is only 1 pirate planet with heavy industry if I blow it up will that affect the amount of pirate ships? Since they shouldnt be able to produce more.

That ship is just an Easter Egg anyway. I don't even think you can still get it without console commands.

Forgot to add that is a station, so it can totally be nuked into oblivion.

>a 160k bounty has an Onslaught and 7 carriers/cruisers
>a fleet capable of dealing with that will be so expensive to drive there the bounty won't even pay for supplies/fuel

Put together a salvage fleet with a high burn, and go salvage every system with a Danger Beacon you can find. You'll be all set to build a colony for infinite money in no time.

Is it possible to remove without resorting to a warcrime?

If you're some kind of shit tier pleb maybe.

If your colony has the "pirates are fucking with you" debuff found in the intel screen somewhere then destroying the station will remove it

I think your fleet to deal with that might be a little overkill

you can only do warcrimes on people though

I know, but the fucking pirate stations keep popping up faster then I can nuke them, at least the path terror memes give you a year to fuck around.

I want a more long term solution to the pirate problem.

If you raid a colony a bunch, it will eventually shrink and be abandoned.

Gryphon missilespam

If you have max ships in your fleet (30) you don't get to salvage

Raiding the planet with marines gives it a hit to stability. You can do one raid every day. Spend 20 days raiding one and it'll be so devastated that it will depopulate after few months. No warcrimes, plus you get a lot of loot.

Are there any mobile games that capture a similar feel that starsector gives off?

someone got starsector to run on android so there you go

One madlad on the forums managed to get star sector to run on android.

fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=15807.0

Alright, cool guys, give me a fleet comp that can deal with an Onslaught + 3 gryphons + 4 eagles and doesn't involve having your own capital or abusing the retardedly broken Doom.

Can you use betas as colony admins?

Yeah. But only humans.

Only on orbital facilities.

I found a astral and now the game is easy.

Welp, time to buy a stylus and spend my days as a federal wagie playing starsector.

But human betas are useless

I recognise this portrait from somewhere but not sure where.

Attached: portrait.jpg (260x264, 17K)

B&

Why no steam release?
My wallet is waiting.

Paragon plus your favourite destroyer to pilot yourself

Dev doesn't want to put an unfinished product on steam when he only updates annually.
Yes, in spite of the fact 98% of the EA games on steam are unfinished tech demos.

Astral is by far the best flagship.

Started as independent in a Wolf, how to proceed from here?

Do explorations until can get a stable float?

He has too much integrity for his own good.

Always remember to salvage the debris field after looting the mining/research/whatever else stations for a second chance at rare loot

get a few support ships and murder pirates, or get a bunch of salvage ships and go ham on all the post-battle carnage

Safety override that wolf and attack convoys until you have 15 wolves and a bunch of fluffer drams and freighters

What do you all do for storage? Do you buy those super freighters?

Coluss with militarized subs + extra cargo space has a burn rate of 8 and can hold ~1200 cargo, I use two of them.

It's okay man, there are always brighter and easier days ahead. I've managed to make myself go to bed before midnight when last week I was up til like 4 playing this, and I had to be at work at 8... So ready for this weekend.

Nah I buy the small cheap ones since they have higher burn. 10 or bust

Altas with militarized subsystems, drive field and navigation skill has a burn rate of 10, and allows you to cruise at 20 (max) drive while having infinite cargo storage.

Attached: pirates.jpg (836x823, 97K)

This looks like a problem for

What are some must have mods for this game?
So far I'm thinking Nexerelin, since it doesn't seem to change vanilla combat or factions but adds a bunch of features that should really be in the game already

Paragon or Astral? If anyone says the O-word I'm shooting.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_Ludd

Is this the american 'work 4 jobs to make ends meet' dream?

Both to be honest
Paragon as an area denial beamship
Astral for drowning the enemy in fighters
If I had to pick just one, I'd go Paragon.

30 luddic path brawlers with sabots and HAC's.

Does militarized subsystems cancel out the extra supply upkeep from extra cargo space?

Paragon kills any other ship in 1vs1.

Just got an Alpha core. Not dumb enough to put a rampant AI in charge of a planet. Thinking about giving it to the Independents, they're the only faction that fucking likes me.

Suggestions?

How viable is being a legit miner in Nexerelin? From what I remember you can mine asteroids and planets in that mod. Is it profitable?
Hanging out and mining asteroids while listening to Bebop OST is top comfy.

Is it possible to coordinate my fleets to do shit?
All they do is patrol my system

>tfw salvaged and tried out Ludd Path Brawler gunship
at last i have seen the light

FTL is impossible in real life yet you aren't complaining about it.

More like a fagship

Jesus I bet you're fun at parties

have sex

Get Diable blueprints and just spam the FUCK out of Maelstrom battlecruisers with siege lasers with everything on autofire

Yes, it does. You can't use Drive Field with it, though, because all 3 are logistic mods.

Put it onto one of your industries, that's safe.

*impossible as we know it

I know right? Its the shit.

Tri will give you the most money if you hand it into them personally rather than sell it

Have you tried piloting an Onslaught instead, friend?

No its literally impossible, there is no way to travel faster than light. You would require literally infinite energy to even reach the point of travel, then infinite energy to then travel the distance.

This is actually widely accepted to be 100% impossible.

We don't have time travelers so it's definitively impossible.

*laser beam sounds*

these arguments are literally the definition of impossible as we understand. It's entirely possible there is a way to achieve it that has not or will never be discovered

>This is actually widely accepted to be 100% impossible.
For now.

Can you guys help me be less of a pleb - What are the good weapon stats I should look out for when arming up? Also help on fleet size, i have no clue how large to aim, or what's a reasonable supply consumption. Cheers

The only remotely plausible method requires exotic matter and has energy consumption measured in solar masses

As long as enough gitz belief it so, it'll be Waaagh!

Jesus. No anons, there is finite energy and you would need INFINITE energy to even reach the speed of light. NASA has literally come out and said FTL is impossible. This isnt a problem of 'maybe' its a literal absolute No.

Yeah we'll have time machines and 2b wears a dress because that's how battle androids look like in the future.

Can you ally pirates? Does it have any benefits?

it was also thought impossible to make machines that fly or go into space

>not flying a fleet of Luddite Colossi

Attached: screenshot001.png (1920x1080, 1.98M)

This game, or EVE?

Honestly I just throw on whatever I find that seems like it's good general purpose. As for the second question it pretty much depends on what you're gonna do I suppose. As long as you can achieve your goal while not being broke as fuck because of supply and fuel you're doing okay. I almost always find fewer but larger vessels are much more efficient

As long as I keep the black market suspicion rating at medium will I be alright?

Not if it's getting its shit pushed in by respawning longbow/atropos bombers

Attached: 1493690079398.jpg (1920x2020, 2.39M)

I just do whatever I find in salvage and autofit that shit
Fuck autism

what if we discover a way to achieve ftl that doesn't require infinite energy? again it's just as we understand it. currently it is impossible

Should I upgrade my patrol hq first or get heavy industry?

>not obliterating or bribing inspectors with fractions of your millions-per-month income

Attached: 1493064895387.jpg (2628x1748, 1.21M)

You kill all approaching fighters/bombers with your four high intensity lasers.

>you would need INFINITE energy to even reach the speed of light
According to the current physical model, you absolute nigger, which explicitly only works for speeds LESS than speed of light, because that's all we have seen so far. Scientific models aren't absolute truth, they are made to approximate things we've seen and can be revised and expanded when new things are observed in nature. You are basically saying that FTL doesn't exist because we have never seen it.

What if we have perpetual motion machines whoa again it's just as we understand it. All we have to do is just believe.

Funny because there is literally no evidence anyone ever thought that, they didnt have the technology that doesnt mean anyone thought it was impossible.

Again, I think you fuckwits need to learn what "infinite energy" means, it means impossible. But what the fuck would NASA and every scientist ever know right.

In the future the physics will change and it'll be practical to make giant hammer spaceships spin around and smash enemy ships.

Is Nexerelin any good?

What if God comes down from Heaven and uplifts us into a crystal-spires-and-togas cornucopian utopia? The same thing.

Right now, we're looking at the only known habitable world rapidly destabilizing and nearest probable refuge thousands of years of nuclear-powered flight away.

Attached: 1493813671399.jpg (1041x1772, 518K)

Your own fault for not making a space station before anything else

What do i upgrade to have more than 1 industry per colony?

Feel free to go read up on the NASA articles explaining why its literally impossible.

>>What do i upgrade to have more than 1 industry per colony?
Growth

basically yes

>model
Wrong. This isnt a theory or a model, its actually proven fact, again NASA has literally shown it. But feel free to throw an apple above your head and pretend it can fly forever, totally wont land on your dumb face because its only a 'theory' of gravity right?

>The future will just be like star citizen we'll be flying around in our ships warping around the galaxy firing pew pew lasers

Attached: soyboy-2.png (210x240, 6K)

Attached: 1494700068244.jpg (2458x2846, 2.64M)

Customization redundancy (like faction changing portraits and ship colorization) are coming out next update- which is coincidentally the full release

>2b wears a dress because that's how battle androids look like in the future.
I'm know you're being ironic but I can totally see that happen. Because Japan of course.

holy shit you're retarded

It fucking better.

The thing is, the speed of light isn't just a "super fast speed", it's the speed of causality (hence the c notation). It's the fastest speed at which information itself travels. It's not a model result, it's something that has been measured. That's why it cannot be exceeded.

If you need infinite energy to move at the speed of light light would need infinite energy.

as opposed to us all dying on a polluted rock because retards want to make money

NOOO BUT MY NERD FANTASIES

for now

Okay, but what would you do when the enemy has a shield? My 2 tach 2 plas Para would dunk on yours after a minutes-long slogfest.

Attached: screenshot000.png (1920x1080, 681K)

How do we know there isn't shit traveling faster than the speed of light, just completely undetectable to us?

We are all going to die on this polluted rock. There's no financial incentive to sending humans into space in meaningful numbers.

i wanna fuck that ship

Do organics count as food?

Yours would, but against everyone else mine is a lot more fun to play. In the end, the only ship that would destroy the Paragon is Paragon.

Because anything faster could not exist

Let's put it that way, if the speed of light can be exceeded, then the Entropy is a lie and we actually live in a simulation.

Well that's my point. It's not about money. It's about GOIN INTO SPACE BAYBEEEE but no people wanna have big bank account

No.

user these retards have the equivalent of a prep school science education based off star wars. They have no grasp of the concept.

well that is a possibility

Can Paragon get EMP'd through a raised fortress shield? I found that three squadrons of Claws disable Onslaughts' engines and weaponry alarmingly fast despite its flux being close to zero.

according to the shitty theory we have that barely explains anything*

thats oil, user

How do I know I am hitting the hull instead of armor?

Attached: fuckpiratesandfuckpathers.png (1920x1080, 1019K)

I love how every thread there people giving litereally the worst advice possible
>just get a fleet of shepards
>you fleet never needs a salvage rig
>needs more swarmers
>blackrock is a completly vanilla friendly mod

If you are desperate enough

lol

>We live on literally the best environment we will ever find in the entire universe even though its impossible for us to leave our local cluster and we could become 100% self sustaining on earth if people stopped being envious greedy dick heads
>Lets leave for Mars lol!
Please do, remember to breath its fresh air without a helmet.

things with mass need infinite energy, massless particles (photons and gluons) always move at the speed of light

There's a schematic of your target next to its readouts - colored regions represent armor.

It's no wonder when bible studies are part of the mandatory courses. Lets teach kids to never trust science, nothing bad could ever comes from it right?

According to the laws of the universe which are defined, proven and inalienable.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about, have sex.

With sensor strength it's only relevant for the highest in the fleet? As in it doest matter if you have 1 or 10 ships with 150 strength. And more=see farther correct?

Explosions and decreasing "HULL" bar.
You can also get an idea where the armor is broken on an enemy ship by hovering over it and pressing R. This also will make your auto-weapons prefer it as target.

shoutout to the user that suggested purchasing a fleet of wolves for the meme

that shit is hilarious

Saying that FTL is impossible is like saying that flight impossible because nobody can jump with enough force to counter Earth's gravity. It's a speed limit for causality because we validated that causality based on what we can observe.

That is not to say that there is an infinite speed which anything can travel at but it's incredible arrogance to assume that nothing can travel faster than casuality just because we haven't observed anything faster, or taking shortcuts to be effectively faster.

you're right, so what happens when it's not like that anymore and it looks a lot like mars

>all these uneducated morons ITT
Alright, niggers, let me explain something. Speed of light being the absolute limit, the impossibility of infine sources of energy (i.e. the three laws of thermodynamics) and other such things are POSTULATES. They CAN NOT be proven BY DEFINITION, they are ASSUMED to be true based on our observations of nature, because we need to have something to build other theories upon. As soon as a fact arises that contradicts these postulates (extremely unlikely, but possible), they get thrown out of the window and we come up with new ones, that explain the newly observed phenomena. It has already appened multiple times throughout history of physics, which you would have known if you ever finished school.

The laws of universe are not defined to us. There are observations and theories, nothing more.

you literally have no understanding of science. absolutely nothing is a fact unless it's tangible and even then it could be wrong. Everything can be overturned. That's the pursuit of science

On the bright side humanity has been progressing steadily, lets hope all the space wanna-be twats go on a Telsa rocket to Mars and die so we can focus on making Earth immortal.

Its additive per ship, you combine them together. So you can mod each ship with the 60/100 sensor for more range. Large ships and certain research vessels have the biggest sensors, but also get detected the furthest.

also im not sure if this is related but im starting to find a tonne of derelict capitals and cruisers near my systems

Five ships with largest sensor strength count. Also hover over it in lower left corner to see the breakdown.

>if people stopped being envious greedy dick heads

The implication of this is that they should stop having so many kids. Unfortunately, the only technologically reasonable solutions (one-child policy, child tax) to the overconsumption/overharvesting crisis are opposed by the right, left and center, because limiting consumption means destroying the modern debt-driven economic system.

When you press R on a ship you get a model of it with squares, each square represents some armor, once it goes black you're hitting the hull and can damage the systems.

More like it's incredible arrogance to assume that certain fundamental properties of the universe can be changed just because we say so and tomorrow 1+1 will equal 3.

>confusing the literal fucking foundations of existence and theories/models
Wew. Go ahead user, squeeze that rock im sure you'll get blood out of it.

No, 100% wrong. These laws are ENTIRELY proven, solid and finished. We're done here you have zero grasp of science.

If it's proven then you should have no problem presenting the evidence instead of going IT IS KNOWN

quick! post onslaught fits!

The word you're looking for is religion. Nothing is proven in science in relation to our world.

Fear of overpopulation is a meme and proven to be irrelevant, all nations have moved through a five stage population growth ending with a fifth stage of stagnation, you just have to reach the critical point where parents have high odds of not losing kids and strong economic stability.

Trying to fuck around with your population ends with imbalance (China) or collapse (Japan). All you have to do is provide a strong economy and the best health care possible.

>commissioned by hegemony
>still new to the game
>living off hegemony welfare checks
>see that npcs fight each other
>just wait until the battle is over then swoop in and finish off the fleet, or gang up on some pirates
>get promoted and fame from hegemony and bigger welfare checks plus $300 for every ship I "destroy"
How is your play through going?

Sindarion Kitkat

I did that for a bit. It's kinda clever but I hope it gets changed because its pretty dumb. Now I'm a vulture that cleans up wrecks

>no shredder turret
why?

You're telling me that a civilization that is still on a ball of dirt and rock which has yet to send a probe into a black hole, which has yet to be able to predict quantam particles with any degree of certainty and who throws their hands up at determining anything with absolute certainty because they are limited in observing the universe by bumping things into things has truly understood the universe and how it works?

Then an ant is correct in their understanding that the universe is bright half the time and dark the other period because those are universal laws proven by their observations.

Nah, comission is fine. It's not free money, because your faction will go to war often, causing you a lot of troubles just moving around hostile systems. And when the war ends, you don't recover all of the reputation you had with them.