Oblivion

Oblivion

Attached: 799px-OB-place-Imperial_City.jpg (799x599, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2d8yCWF4cBY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The province is called Cyrodil you faggot.

home

Why is it so comfy compared to Skyrim?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jungle

lol how do you even pronounce that gay shit: cryo-dill pickles?

You could see farther than 50ft on most occasions. Granted that's also twice as far as you could see in vanilla Morrowind.

I liked going in the sewers

ESO fixed this discrepancy you autist by explaining that the White Gold Tower has the power to change the provinces climate to whatever the owners prefer, the Aylieds liked tropical jungles with sweltering heat and humidity. The now freed Alessians changed the landscape to be more like Yorkshire with prarries and comfy rural climate for better farming.

>we need Gondor but cheaper

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>eso

ESO is canon. And no amount of autistic screeching about Summerset isles will changw that.

>ESO

>ESO

See

I felt like the fact that you could see the white gold tower from almost everywhere on the map made the game feel smaller than it really was.

Tiber Septim did it*

>ESO
>canon
Pick one

No I'm pretty sure the Alessians did it first.

ESO is canon. And like I said your autistic wails about Summerset Isles not having Atronochs picking fruit in orchards or the buildings being made out of carved stone instead of crystal and white marble wont change that.

I don't care for some shitty retcons. Morrowind promised me a badass game in the jungle, and I never got it.

>OH, MY, yes.... I'm feeling, especially delightful this evening

Attached: npc1.jpg (612x617, 55K)

Anvil > Bravil > Chorrol > Skingrad > Imperial City > Cheydinhal > Bruma > Leyawiin

What are some fucking mods

Come on now, there's no need to get vahlent

Who goes there

>ESO is canon
The mainline games aren't even canon, dude

depends what kind of experience you want.

I fucking hate Todd.

>Eternal Champion race is determined by you in Arena
>In Daggerfall he looks like Viktor from the Ascension
>In Oblivion he's a High Elf
>He's easily assassinated long before Skyrim

>muh canon
Sweeping retcons for convenience and pandering to new demographics have never been accepted as new canon by any community - and no, the influx of new people, drawn by the pandering or otherwise, who are unbothered by it from their ignorance are not "the community."

>tes
>having canon
thats not how it works

It did for quite some time.

WHY
WON'T
YOU
DIE

STOP! YOU'VE VIOLATED *MY MOTHER*

What's the original "home" meme from

San Andreas.

Grand Theft Auto.

Newfag.

You gonna buy a damn book or what

Every city besides Imperial city looks the fucking same.
And the committee palette is sickly.

SKYRIM SHUFFLE
DO THE SKYRIM SHUFFLE

>tfw the best lockpicking system ever implemented into video games is stuck in this shitheap

>mashes X

not really, every single game since arena has changed the previous >canon quite a lot
just accept it and believe whatever version of it makes you happy

Anyone checked out the demo for the cancelled psp version? It's pretty neat and does a fairly good job adapting the experience to a handheld, you lock onto enemies to fight, so camera and aiming isn't an issue.

Sear-ro-dill

Might be forever one of my favorites

the music helps
I've never really appreciated the ost or even given it a second thought until I listened to the tracks by themselves and I realized how much they really added to the experience of trekking around Cyrodil

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2d8yCWF4cBY

I'm gonna play Oblivion for the first time this weekend

What do i need to know

It did?

That's kind of dumb. I thought Tiber Septim's CHIM was the explanation? It changed Cyrodiil both present and past to greenlands.

A tower that controls climate and landscape is a little far-fetched, and in a world of magic, that's bad, even the Dwemer didn't have anything like that.

Everywhere isnt cold, falkreath and riften are kinda comfy

It's really fucking weird. Like something so bad it's good, but it actually is good. It's like everybody has full blown autism.

Have fun user. Look up how to find the Fin Gleam helmet right away, keep it around.

Oblivioff

Really? I thought they did decent given what they were working with.

Skyrim cities all look the same, Cyrodiil is at least slightly better.

I agree. Oblivion's lockpicking was great. I fucking hate the ones in Fallout and Skyrim and most other games

Fucking Zoomer.

San Andreas. Grove Street, home. 'Least it was 'til I fucked errythang up.

Characters ugly, world pretty.
Exploration is sometimes shit, don't go into random caves and focus more on quests and towns

Attached: Todd Disliked That.jpg (200x236, 6K)

If on pc download a mod to remove the autoscaling

BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

Well the towers (of which White Gold is one of) are older than most of the races of men and mer, are basically the pillars of reality itself. Doesn't seem that farfetched when you consider the implications of that

*STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM* from afar

Uninstall.exe: The Game

>Every city besides Imperial city looks the fucking same.

What? Not at all. You haven't even played the game, obviously. Every town has different buildings and architectural style.

Bravil - bare wooden shanties and poverty, bridges.
Cheydinhal - timber buildings with purples roofs, a bit more gothic style architecture. A bit run-down.
Leyawiin - brightly coloured houses of different hues, flat and misty.
Anvil - white stone buildings, orange tile roofs. Mediterranean feel.
Chorrol - Nice, open, airy.
Skingrad - Grey stone buildings, closely packed, narrow streets.

Wtf is chim? I just played oblivion and skyrim I never played rest of series. One if my nerd friends obsessed with skyrim said none of the games happen or something and that it's all a simulation or something and that console commands are real and canon to the Elder Scrolls universe or something

Yes, I know all that, but imagine the Throat of the World turning Skyrim into a beach paradise, or Red Mountain making Morrowind a tundra, I don't know, just seems really bad.

CHIM is a bit easier to swallow, lucid dreaming and all.

>What do i need to know

Just two mods increase the quality immensely. One that changes the level scaling, and an NPC face replacer.

chim is lucid dreaming to put it as simply as possible

how do i gather enough enthusiasm to go through the modding process?

>Everywhere isnt cold, falkreath and riften are kinda comfy

If the cold was an actual gameplay element it would make the nice places feel nicer, but all it does it make most of the map desaturated.

lurk more you tween cunt

which ones you gatekeeping asshole?

The Elder Scrolls universe is the creation of a being called the Godhead, every event is part of his dream.

CHIM is when an individual within this dream becomes aware of this but has enough of an ego to say that even though they do not exist, they still can. Tiber Septim and Vivec are the only two known cases.

When an individual becomes aware of the dream but can't convince themselves they exist they will "zero-sum" they cease to exist. This is a leading theory on what happened to the Dwemer, the other is that Kagrenac was successful and the Dwemer became the Numidium in a sense.

back the fuck off?

was meant for

So it's all pointless simulation dream shit?

>was meant for
> (You)

I don't remember which specific ones. It's been years since I used them. Just go on Nexus mods and use the search bar like a normal fucker.

What mod do you recommend to fix autoscaling? I found "Oblivion Scaling Unclusterfucked" on nexus

the universe is just the dreams of a god
but I wouldn't call it pointless

Not exactly. The events are still "real" Dagon's invasion happened, Alduin consumes Kalpas, every death is a permanent one etc. The Godhead is unlikely to ever wake up, so the world is "real". CHIM is just an exceedingly rare occurence.

For example, it's debated as to whether Hermaus Mora has achieved CHIM, if the god of knowing everything is in an unclear state on this that shows how rare it is.

What happens if he wakes up. This all sounds extremely retarded and unnecessary

It just sounds so stupid. Why did they do this? What a random thing to do

Not him but that sounds pretty fucking rad.

Most people are unaware of it, it's only for lorefags. Normies need not concern themselves with it; it'll never be adressed, Dagoth Ur is heavily connected with this for example, but only found if you read into it.

If the Godhead were to wake he'd likely create a new world once he slept again, which may be similar to the start of a Kalpa, perhaps that's even what is happeninf in those instances.

The most a normie needs to know is to think of people with CHIM as lucid dreamers.

And is this something that's been there since the first Elder Scrolls game?

I'd place the conception at Daggerfall or early Morrowind development.

It came about at the same time The Towers concept did in the lore.

>like Yorkshire
>Imperial City is Leeds
explains why the arena crowd is so bloodthirsty

The Imperial City is also supposedly the center of the civilized world, built on a captured city of the region's previously most powerful and advanced race. From above you can count about 30 houses maybe? Game was pretty small, or Cyrodil was experiencing a severe population shortage.

Console commands are chim?

>*:O*
>Stop! You violated the law. Pay the court a fine or serve your sentence. Your stolen goods are now forfeit
>reist arrest
>Then pay with your blood!
>*>:(*

I love the intensity with which the guards shout S T O P

no

>autists on Yea Forums want a massive jungle

it's 2019, there are no autists on Yea Forums, just dumb kids and normie wagies

Yes, because that "explanation" is not shitty at all

Canon isn't what Bethesda decides is canon. Canon is what the fans accept as canon, and ESO surely is not

Morrowind > Oblivion = Skyrim > Daggerfall = Arena

his argument is on par of the star wars expanded universe not being cannon because disney said it wasn't anymore.

While technically true, it's ultimately disregarded as false.

>just accept it and believe whatever version of it makes you happy

That's not how the world works you filthy liberal

>What do i need to know

It's bad

It's nu-Bethesda, what did you expect? Fallout actually has rad-dragons now

>Chorrol not 1
>Cheydinhal not in a close second

The fuck is wrong with you?

Attached: 1555120589365.jpg (540x404, 22K)

The bestiality mods were amazing. Getting gangfucked by a pack of wolves and then ravaged by gobbos afterwards made me cum for days

dont level up like a broad sheet, pick one specific playing style and stick to it.
Or you could not level up at all but you cant do the daedric quests them

mods are also in skyrim with (relatively) more stability for the low low price of having a shitty base game that can still show up at the edges no matter how much you mod it.

Any news from the other provinces ?

I never got them to work properly, so I gave up.
It was probably just because I was playing a male that mucked it up, as with most such mods.

>I never got them to work properly, so I gave up
I bet you are like that with everything in your life

comfy

Attached: teswebm(1).webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

bravil is a fucking ugly dump

Is that vanilla?

Attached: Patrick Stewart Oblivion.jpg (1200x1447, 158K)

To be fair, Uriel was a recurring character up until that point.

>change it from a emperor piloting a brass gundam so powerful it can change landscapes to that wimpy ass shit you just posted.

Laaame

The environment is more temperate and hospitable. The game has a lot of bright colors and traditional fantasy aesthetics, which gives it a kind of fairy tale atmosphere.

>Wtf is chim?
CHIM is where the Command Console is canon

What even happens in leyawin? I feel like I ever went there once or twice a play through.

>Patrick Stewart
>Sean Bean
>Wes Johnson
Oblivion gave us the most expensive gifts

I LIKE METH
I III LIKE METH

Why are butt pirates butt pirates?
They just arrrrrrFruits

I think Risen 2 and 3 used a similar system.

what talent did Skyrim have in comparison? Literally just two voice actors doing bad swedish accents. Definitely the most overrated and overhyped game of all time.

Attached: 1487517960155.gif (500x267, 999K)

Yeah. It's stupid. Fortunately, the games make no references to it whatsoever, so it's easy to ignore.

Skyrim is underrated.

That's because it's extremely retarded and unnecessary.

But it gave us the coolest Batman armor though

Attached: nightingale_armor_by_williamfdrake_d557y35-pre.jpg (754x1060, 61K)

Attached: doubt.jpg (499x496, 58K)

I dont have a reaction image right now but I second this motion of doubt

more like
C - ro - dill

I can't handle the sight of a strong nord woman!
AGGHHHHHHHHH!

Attached: 115369.gif (320x179, 1.9M)

Not as many Nords running around.

JUMP ON MY SWORD WHILE YOU CAN

I'm playing through morrowind, what's the best way to increase my stealth skill outside of trainers? It seems pretty slow to level.

HELLO GUILDMATE
HELLO GUILDMATE
GREETINGS GUILDMATE

Attached: Oblivion 09-08-2019 22_47_08.png (1920x1080, 3.29M)

atr first i genuinely thought it was kai-ro-dill, like cairo

>best house
>best view
>best restaurants
>best thieves
>best psychos
Why is Anvil so awesome?

Just stealth behind any npc, behind a shop keeper for example, where nobody else can see you. I think you might not even have to move.

Bethesda said it was Tiber CHIM RO DAHing the jungle away.
ESO says it was the WGT acting like a geographical thermostat.

This is why you listen to Bethesda and ignore the MMO.

LET’S GET TO BASING BUTTS! AS WELL AS DEEEEEZZ NUTS!

Stealth doesn't work in Morrowind, just be a mage and use chameleon or invisibility. If you want to steal shit, make an Invisibility and Telekinesis spell with a duration of 1 second, cast it, then open your menus and just physically grab and drag the items you want into your inventory.

Learning that all 10 of the Oblivion voice actors received their lines alphabetically instead of by scene or even by character was a real trip.

> I killed Vivec
He was protected his connection to the heart
> I had destroyed that when I killed him
He still retained enough residual connection to survive
> The game went out of its way to let me know he was in fact dead
IT"S CHIM I AINT GOTTA EXPLAIN SHIT

It is nothing more than Vivec's lore armor. It has no impact or bearing on the game. You can safely ignore it.

IT had to happen after Daggerfall. The guy in charge of Daggerfall , Julien LeFay, thought the weird lore in Morrowind was pointless.

yep, but of course the game looks better in certain times of day and weathers than others

Attached: tes.jpg (1920x1080, 493K)

another ambient webbum

Attached: teswebm2.webm (1152x648, 1.7M)

Judgment has a similar system except you have unlimited lockpicks.

full moon tonight brothers, stay safe

Attached: 66882040_326647994908749_2520261421741113344_n.png (2048x1152, 2.32M)