Play Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin, Yea Forums

Play Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin, Yea Forums.

I'm genuinely and unironically recommending you this game.

Attached: 20190803131330_1.jpg (1920x1080, 422K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C-LgsWKWfGE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I did and regretted it.

Play it again.

Attached: 20190804191622_1.jpg (1920x1080, 415K)

To make things easier on your first couple of hours, I recommend you use any strike weapon because they work wonders on enemies with armor.

Attached: 20190706192233_2.jpg (1920x1080, 544K)

And if you want absolute easy mode from early, mid and to late game:

Work your way through Lost Bastille. Beat the ruin sentinels and then go down the ladder next to the bonfire. There's a Large Club there and that alone will make any run easy, especially its effective 2-hand R2 that pins most enemies down.

If you want to be an absolute monster, make your way to Belfry Luna and beat the gargoyle bosses. The bonfire ahead has a ladder that leads down to a tiny alley with dogs and an NPC invader, but you can also find the Dragon Tooth. There, you just activated easy mode.

Attached: 20190804184808_1.jpg (1920x1080, 309K)

Be sure to buy the branch item from the hag merchant. You're gonna need it to unpetrify a hollow and access the Ruin Sentinels boss.

Thanks. I need all the help I can get. Ten minutes into the game and this thing picks me up and eats me alive.

Attached: ds2 cyclops hippo.png (1536x864, 1.75M)

i did a sl1 run recently and had a blast.
Any recommendations for future playthroughs?

also is it possible to make a cute girl in the character creator? if so, how?

I played the absolute shit out of DS2 when it was brand new, to the point where I was utterly sick of the game by the time SotFS was announced. I really liked the game, I just played it so thoroughly that I had no further desire to play it any more. It wouldn't be worth my time, right?

SotFS improves a lot of stuff IMO.

Yes yes, anyone who's been paying attention knows DS2 is great by now. You have to be willfully ignorant or just plain stupid to think otherwise and there's probably no hope for those people at this point.

>He thinks he ""beat"" DS2
>didn't even play with the randomizer

Attached: ds27.jpg (770x470, 120K)

Ignore it entirely, the point is to be bait for overzealous players to teach them not to tackle unnecessary challenges unless you know what you're doing. Literally just a high level enemy in an early area entirely capable of being avoided, but isn't worthless to kill if you're capable enough.

If you really burned yourself out it likely won't be enough to appeal to you, because in the end it's still the same engine and the same pros and cons. It simply functions as a mod where it moves item and enemy positions to change how you might approach the game especially if you're minmaxing your path.

I like SotFS more than original DS2 for PvE but it's up to you whether changes like that would be enough. There's still a minor PvP scene but it's pretty small, which sucks, DS2 PvP was Souls Peak.

I don't listen to jizzbrain advice.

>adding a retarded bloom filter to hide all the unrendered textures
>improvement
ds2lets are sad
youtube.com/watch?v=C-LgsWKWfGE

I uninstalled it because I can't find anyone for any kind of multiplayer beyond the first zone, and I can't tell if it's because I'm softbanned or the game's just fucking dead.

Had 3 playthroughs on PS4 like a month ago and didn't find a single summon sign, is the game that dead? I was invaded a fuckton and found many summon signs on DSR but not SotFS

Never laughed all way through a game like with this one.

Attached: 20190521211235_1.jpg (1920x1080, 162K)

Same thing happened to me with DaS3 and the first DLC launch. Meanwhile my simpleton buddy who plays 10hr/week has 900hr in the game. I'm envious of him to be honest.

>Launch sotfs
>"I need to start with a clean slate, and besides my soul memory must be fucked up"
>New character, get to someplace halfway through the game
>Forget to launch it again
>Repeat step 1 a few days later
Any fix for this? I've legit never cleared Ivory King in spite of dumping so many hours into the game, because I always start again.

Ignore the fact soul memery exists. Multiplayer is fucking dead now anyway with DS3 and the DS1 (((remaster))).

>multiplayer
who cares

Vanilla Dark souls II + DLC is better than Scholar of the First Sin.

don't go above 1,000,000 SM of you want even remotely engaging invasions. everyone above there turns into into dark kat 1k counter faggots

It's way easier to make a cute girl in 2 than in 1 or 3. Go with the default face to start and don't turn the hormone slider too far to the femenine side or she becomes african

>1,000,000 SM
Oh right that was a mechanic. Yikes.

Attached: 1454705749069.jpg (585x675, 74K)

I have 700 hundred hours in Dark Souls 2, which is about half the time that I have in the sequel and prequel ...and I can safely say that the game is complete dogshit. It somehow manages to be the easiest Dark Souls game and also the most frustrating, which is its only achievement.