How do we fight digital distribution?

How do we fight digital distribution?

Attached: 1565125336270.jpg (1024x856, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

windowscentral.com/castle-illusion-mickey-mouse-will-be-removed-xbox-store-sept-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

piracy

Attached: 8307412953_493ed6a02f_b.jpg (820x1023, 181K)

Make it unprofitable.
Failing that, write your politicians.

>inb4 DAT DOESNT WORK
It works if you send them physical mail and get a lot of people to do it. Make a fuss, don;t stop making a fuss.
But I doubt anyone cares enough to do that

Attached: 1565067724692.jpg (990x973, 98K)

>redownload it
On steam if you have previously purchased a game you can always redownload it, Does that not apply to console storefronts?

support physical media
pirate

I was gonna buy it, but apparently the game is unbeatable. The final boss is broken and crashes the game. Not worth my 4 bucks.

Attached: Tobuscus.png (1000x563, 471K)

FPBP

literally by pirating it

That's not the problem. Retard licensing agreements are the real issue.

Why is it being taken down?

That's an uncommon case and even if you did get that bug, there's an easy workaround.

so what's the reason? disney license expire? music license expire?

If you look at it's release date, it's almost 6 years to the day. So most likely they got a 6-year license from Disney and don't want to pay to renew it.

Attached: 1564355738075.gif (500x375, 1010K)

probably both
anamanaguchi was the sole reason why that scott pilgrim game was taken down

I'm more impressed at the hand rotation, japanese 90' animation feels like made in ancient advanced civilization compared to nowadays.

The 70s-90s were an ancient civilization. Humanity fully died out in 2012.

>buying games
lmao enjoy being cucked

is this related to rumors of disney trying to buy game studios?

What's that game with Donald duck except it's got a dark and mysterious theme and good music?
>"oooo, nobody knows...."
And there was a jungle level

>company only sells discs, no digital
>stops production and sale of game
>only option left is what local copies are floating around and piracy
>company only sells digital, no discs
>stops hosting and sale of game
Dumbass

Attached: 1460743548277.jpg (1280x1440, 273K)

Sony keeps a reigster of every game and DLC you've ever bought/added to your account but it's a pain in the ass to sort through if they remove the items from the store because they're only listed chronologically.

Apparently it's some sort of problem with nvidia drivers.
I bought it and had that bug. Really not hard to fix, either skip the one cutscene that's causing your game to freeze or switch to integrated graphics in the nvidia control panel.

world of illusion?

The solution is a strong physical production, alongside a slightly cheaper digital version, then a second run of physical when the game is fully patched and DLC'd. It's the best of both worlds, but not the standard.

If it had a decent amount of copies printed, it can be resold easily.

Why does anyone still want physical media for anything besides collector editions? I don't want the clutter and a download frees up my time which I appreciate.

pretty sure Orange Road is 80s

Attached: floofs.jpg (680x514, 31K)

Why don't physical copies use a read only USB instead of putting a shitty piece of paper with a steam code in the case?

>why don't people want to pay for literally nothing?
Damn dude, how many subscriptions do you "own?"

Attached: 1555027163705.jpg (597x597, 32K)

This

Attached: 1523111795038.jpg (370x208, 11K)

Because they want some DRM and USB are expensive as fuck and aren't made for long term storage.

Digital is death.
Very tough fight outside of Japan. PC gamers and mobile gamers have brought us console gamers this problem. Instead of accepting new advances in technology as an extra / bonus good, these consumers accepted it as a replacement good. They accepted Steam DRM and crappy p2w gacha mechanics. Steam encourages not only non-ownership but also excess of games via digital sales; games become invisible to the user whereupon his "collection" becomes a literal pileup of files (they think they have a game collection / backlog). This caused the PC gamer to lose respect for the medium ingesting games in a haphazard and bloated manner; alongside this hellish reality is the casualization known as cellphone gaming, which is far far inferior to GameBoy games.

Microsoft tried to destroy consoles with the initial XBOX ONE. The company will be gone from their nefarious console design after next generation. They're trying to normalize non-ownership with streaming services / Gamepass.

Gamers should do the following:
1. to encourage your peer group and online group spaces to buy physical videogame media and to continue purchasing consoles.
2. to encourage purchase of physical media outside of videogames
3. to encourage events requiring or glorifying physical media

Yes, unprofitable for both the gamer and the distributor. Unpalatable too.

can someone xplain why they went to the trouble of remastering it to now take it offline was it a massive blunder?

nm should have lurked ty to all

They probably licensed some middleware for the game and the license is now expiring.

because its to the point now where transporting games on the internet is cheaper than manufacturing usbs or even pressing discs and shipping them across the world in boats and trucks as well as being able to download, install, and play a game faster that the shitty disc can spin to install it. and of course publisher's love it because they can control content with a tighter grip and kill the used games market once and for all. its only a matter of time before consoles go discless and drag the holdouts into the future kicking and screaming the whole way.

They're not even listed chronologically if you pay for PSN, because every time you resub it fucking scrambles your list. It marks a bunch of games as having been bought that day.

Is it on the bay?

it's still up, it's just a marketing ploy to get "collectionists" to buy their mediocre game, they did the same with the castle of illusions

At least in PC pirating is easier. Consoles will have to cope.

>was it a massive blunder?
its ALWAYS some sort of licensing. some lawyers in a room somewhere jerking each other off and counting the days until whatever license runs out so they can charge more to renew it or take it away. its happens to numerous games with a licensed ip or licensed music.

windowscentral.com/castle-illusion-mickey-mouse-will-be-removed-xbox-store-sept-2

>"Due to an expiration of business terms, SEGA will no longer be able to sell Castle of Illusion on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, or Steam, with the current publishing arrangement coming to an end on September 2," the company said in a statement. "For players who own the game, they will be able to re-download it to their respective system at any point in the future — this delisting should not prevent current owners from being able to access the game at a later time."

don't fall for jewish tricks famalam

>Japs
>Jewish

disney, aka the license holder, are jewish

>tfw too stupid to pirate on PC despite having hacked all my consoles

Attached: 1538775931021.jpg (419x746, 38K)

Is going to see a movie or a play also paying for nothing? Or going out to eat since I'll just shit out the food later? I don't need to keep every game I pay for forever, the experience I had was what I wanted and I got it, plus I saved time and space.

I got a better question, how do we fight licensing expiration?

The golden age of public piracy is over. Now everything cool is locked behind faggy cliques.

Software is a product that you are supposed to keep forever, hence the $60 price tag on new games. That's not an admission ticket, that's an ownership cost.

The average Yea Forums user nowadays doesn't know how to backup their digital games to discs or a RAID setup if they were so inclined, so they believe focusing on a finite number of physical copies that are vulnerable to damage and decay is a better solution for posterity. This is also ignoring how the main way that most people play older games is through digital copies of physical games that are emulated digitally, loaded to a console digitally, burnt to a disc from a digital copy, or are saved in a disc image file that is virtually mounted.

Either that or they're delusional moral fags that believe it's more ethical to buy a secondhand copy of a license--with absolutely no money going to anyone that either developed the game or holds the rights to it--while also mocking people who make digital purchases for the exact same license ballet that they're dancing.

Attached: 1538953573373.png (479x444, 419K)

>how do we fight licensing expiration?
unless like scrooge you have a bottomless pit of gold to pay off the license holders over and over, you don't

I'm sure this has something to do with the show not crashing and burning like Disney probably expected it to.

Abolish copywright laws.

no this won't work. gamers can't fight companies stealing their ownership ability of games (via buying an agreement license to play a game off Steam) with their own form of stealing (i.e. piracy). that still contributes to the digital societal degeneration process by enlarging digital transfers.

start by influencing others by your own actions - increase physical media intake and increase positive associations with physical media for others

Physical media lasts shorter than digital and a potentially shorter window for purchase.

Attached: 1565335259155.png (720x960, 376K)