Wow Classic - Worth it?

I've completely missed the bus on Wow. I'm interested in Wow Classic, but is it worth it for someone new to the series? I'm intimidated by the game because of the decade of updates and expansions.
I've never played an MMO Wow clone before but I've been interested in the genre. The only game some what similar to an mmo is Warframe, which I really enjoy.
>tldr never played wow or wow clones
>interested in wow classic
>like warframe

Attached: 5eqfZaRxbBtYxkkvteo2RA-650-80.jpg (650x365, 53K)

If you like Warframe you'd hate WoW, because Warframe is an actually good game whereas WoW isn't (and yes I mean Vanilla).

It's worth only if you are willing to spend time into a dead end game.
What made all those hundreds of hours farming in the original Vanilla experience was well worth it because it was a future investment into the ongoing support of the game and your characters.
Classic on the other hand is trying to desperately relive the past of 2004 with a dead end replica server.
It'll be really good for a month while the hype is crazy but even Asmongold the biggest Classic shill is realistic about it and said that it wont last more than 2 months at best and he's right.
So when all your friends stop playing in 2-3 months just don't feel like you wasted your time that you could have spent progressing in more permanent content in other games (or even retail WoW)

Attached: durotan young.jpg (1920x1080, 468K)

It's worth a shot if you don't like it at least you can say you tried. Not like anyone here plays games anyway

I took a few tokes from my weed vape pen and wanted to talk you into Classic WoW. So here it goes.

About WoW:
World of Warcraft, first released in 2004, is still the pinnacle of what is known as a "tab-target" and "themepark" MMO/MMORPG. This type of game was really popularized by Everquest in 1999.

You press "tab" (default) on your keyboard--or click--to target the nearest enemy and then you attack it with various abilities, spells, and items which have a "cooldown" built into them in some way--augmented by character stats and other things.

You can essentially treat the game's world as a "themepark" with its various themed zones and dungeons and various bits of entertainment throughout.

World of Warcraft is a fantastic game now. And it's always been fantastic. I'd say give both versions a try and see what you think.

About Classic:
Classic is what the original World of Warcraft was before its first expansion set. As such, it lacks a variety of characteristics now found in contemporary games--including the current state of World of Warcraft itself--and it also still has characteristics that were dropped by the game down the road too. As such, it's a pretty decent representation of the type of RPG that would definitely be revolutionary and massively popular in 2004.

1/2

Fundamental differences between how Classic will be vs. World of Warcraft is now:
- enemies subjectively have more health and hit you much harder than nowadays; you may have used to only take on just 1 single monster but can now easily take on 3 and maybe even pull off 4-5+ standard enemies depending on your class/gear
- leveling up takes much longer
- role-playing elements are more present in Classic--i.e. rogues need to carry poison for their daggers in their bags, hunters need to carry an ammo pouch or quiver as one of their bags, etc.
- you hold onto gear far longer--some items you get before you even start raiding will stick with you for SEVERAL MONTHS and across more than one raid tier
- you can't buy gold, the game's main currency in Classic with real money (well, legally--and because Blizzard isn't going to sell WoW Tokens like they do in regular WoW, I'd assume they're going to crack down hard on "illegal" gold sellers)
- There is no single "Looking for Group" automatic grouping system for dungeons; rather we'll be doing it through chat channels in the cities like the old days, and even on forums--but also likely on neater addons now and various Discords too
- There is no super-easy "Looking for Raid" raiding mode, nor are there actually any other difficulties to dungeons and raids--they are what they are, and you either kill the monsters with your party or guild or you don't, tough luck if you don't see content because your guild is lazy
- Boss fights are very easy mechanically, the difficult part of raiding used to be communicating and organizing 40 people to do something; there's certainly a lot less dancing around in vanilla WoW
- Gameplay is much, much easier with very simple rotations for all classes to optimize damage and healing in PvE
- In PvP, awesome items you get from PvE can you make you a god

2/2

No. It's awful mechanically and the community will fucking suck on the new version.

- and most importantly there is no cross-server gameplay outside of battlegrounds; so your server community is actually important so you can't just be an asshole (or you can be, but still have people like you)

3/2

No. WoW is shit, classic is shit too, people just don't realize it because
>normalfag's first mmo
>new game, datamining hadnt destroyed the wonder much
>find shit out yourself mentality vs google everything and strictly follow a minmax guide
>shills are desperately hyping it because WoW is dying and this is Blizzard's last gambit to regain face

I'm super-optimistic about it and I think the community will be fine with plenty of people returning to the game as older and more mature adults and who aren't there for stream hype.

If streamers make it popular--which I doubt it will be for longer than a month--then I can see certain PvP servers they're on getting out of hand with toxicity. Beyond that, I think I'm going to have a blast.

The best MMO experience you can have is playing Lineage 2 on a popular Interlude low rate server. Vanilla WoW can be decent if you avoid streamers

It's an unbalanced mess, live is unbalanced by classic is like a complete turd.

But that is what many will say gave classic it's flavor. The dungeons and combat by today's standards are for brain dead retards, but what made it great was the vast world and community.

Time has changed the community, the world is still there. Would I recommend it? Maybe, it depends on how desperate you are for an MMO or simply wanting to play a video game. Unlike most MMOs you can technically beat Classic. You hit level 60 and grind gear, you know what the future holds for you because they plan to introduce the patches just like they did in the past. Nothing will be new.

I've always been PVP minded so I prefer current WoW's PvP because it changes. Call arena minigames all you like, I somewhat enjoy it. I won't lie though, some class changes are horrible, same classes are over powered, same stupid shit since TBC. But I can't find a mmo pvp game like it. I haven't subbed since 8.0 so I can't give much an opinion on it's current state.

The game will still play like shit. The community will quickly reflect this. I give it a two weeks before everyone's a massive faggot again. Maybe a month if the server's are so unstable for the first week that people put off playing it, which is entirely possible because blizzard is so egotistic they'll probably deliberately use weaker servers to pull the whole
>wow so many people are excited for classic wow that our servers keep going down for a week straight Pog Pepega OMEGALUL #BACKHOME #CLASSIC #GAMER

I only ever played WoW late WotlK and on that ol Nostalrius server a few years ago and and i can say that its a fun but deeply flawed game. If you are a person who gets serious and try to be competitive this game will frustrate you to no end. On the other hand if you like to take your time and smell the roses on your journey and interract with other players id say, give it a shot.

I agree 100% that the entire thing is a stunt to save face and cash in on nostalgia.
It breaks my heart to see a missed oppurtunity like this. Blizzard couldave taken the same design philosophy on this as Forgotten Empires with the Age of Empires 2, definitive eddition and taken advantage of the advances in software, hardware and gamedesign made in the last 15 years and made something that would stand the test of time, not a mmo that goes flatline across all realms when the naxx patch hits.

Real analysis

1. It's a solid MMORPG probably better than most out in the past 10 years.

2. It's entirely solved and everyone knows everything. You can look up BIS and exactly what is coming in each patch for the next two years.

I think people underestimate how bad it is going to be to have 2 years of zero balance changes. If you enjoy build design or anything about that you won't have any fun. It will feel like you are just going through the motion / grinding for known builds / BIS most of the time.

Classic is a great game and revolutionized MMOs. Give it a shot but realize its going to take some time to get into.

You're a fucking idiot.

So after seeing that the FFXIV Cash Shop is 454 Items large I wanted to know how big the WoW cash shop is Yea Forums. Does WoW have a massive Cash Shop and how does it size compare going off years with its release of 2004 and FFXIV's 2013 reboot?

Attached: 1565334243284.png (854x850, 360K)

it did not revolutionize mmos u fucking zoomer idiot

it was a more polished casual EQ

If you've never played wow just play current wow
more content, better content, better gameplay

Give it a shot, if you don't like it don't resub, 15 dollars will give you 1 month. Plenty enough time to decide. My suggestion is make a hunter or rogue, warframe is way faster and the other classes might not be fast paced enough for you to enjoy them.

It revolutionized MMO's and dominated the genre for years.

settle down there, lil zoom zoom. you don't need to try that hard to fit in, little buddy. just be yourself. :)

Attached: 1382951604803.gif (518x394, 1.01M)

The first phrase of your post is utter bullshit

>grind for the sake of grind with absolutely no challenge involved
>good

The warframe devs literally called their players idiots during an interview while shilling more microtransactions. This wasn't just regular conceited devs making a slip, they had reason for that.

Just play on pserver, you will get more or less the same experience, although they might be ghost towns at this point, since we are so close.

all cosmetics just like WoW

it defined the MMO genre for a decade. thats fact

Do you think any developer doesnt call their playerbase idiots internally?

Not many, but to do it live during an interview is something else while advertising microtransactions specifically for those idiots is something else.

Why would you pay a subscription to play a 15 year old game

>thinking this is the worst of it
>not knowing that the Community Manager called them Losers during the TGAs
>Community just takes it as a meme and the devs still engage to it to this day
You also have them on stream making jokes against community itself, talking about warframe asses or even just spouting the "Ram Ranch" crap to this day. Honestly I think the community doesn't mind cause the attitude has been consistent from the start and seems more genuine to them than a sterile stream like XIV does. Hell you still have that incident with DE Steve getting into it with a guy who gave a lengthy amount of feedback and suggestions that he didn't care for on the Devstream.

>worth it
The entry fee is 15 dollars for 30 days of testing the waters. You don't need to own the expansion(s).

Worth a try.

>we like it!
imagine being this whipped.

I'm just giving you examples user. It doesn't help the community itself fuels these kinds of things itself. Oddly enough the devstream devs are probably the only reason the WF game hasn't gone full SJW the way their in-game moderators want it to be. Still better than modern WoW and definitely better than the sterile FFXIV devs.
>Devs constantly poke fun or blame the Bronyfag on their team
>Devs constantly making jokes about Traps

based but doesn't change how repetitious grindy the game is

It'll be good for those who want to play classic during retail content droughts or those who have a tight knit community that will keep playing

FFXIV's cash shop is several times larger than WoW's in terms of item and overall price for everything

>you can't buy gold, the game's main currency in Classic with real money (well, legally--and because Blizzard isn't going to sell WoW Tokens like they do in regular WoW, I'd assume they're going to crack down hard on "illegal" gold sellers)
WTT retail gold for classic gold
Now what?

Also healing and tanking in classic is 10x harder than retail lol

WoW has I think like 15 mounts, 12 pets, level boost and tokens.
There's a handful of character services but I wouldn't count them because they're things like realms transfers etc.
FF14 has a vastly larger cash shop presence.