No Man's Scam

youtu.be/PM7ArMxUFR0

Yea i'm thinking Sean is back boys, get hype there will be tons of gameplay content this is what the game was suppose to be, trust Sean he fixed the game this time.

Attached: nms.png (1920x1080, 2.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JYNriatnYkE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

keep on seething

OMG RIDEABLE ANIMALS I CANT WAIT TO POST ON LEDDIT ABOUT THIS

It's still admirable that a game that got massively panned on release is still being supported by the devs.

post screenshots

Attached: 20190807035702_1.jpg (1920x1080, 233K)

Sean, you're a faggot. Neck yourself.

I CAN RIDE THE PENIS HEAD CRAB NOW?

youtu.be/JYNriatnYkE

Attached: One of us.png (383x316, 327K)

Yeah the launch version was shit.

Did they ever add in multiple ship classes, orbital mechanics, ringed planets or faction alliances?

so the new patch has what? Rideable animals, more biomes / varieties and?

This video is from 2016 user.

Attached: NoMansSkyTheGame.png (930x644, 925K)

I really hope BEYOND isn't just multiplayer + VR shit

VR shit and more multiplayer shit

Stop being an entitled angry baby gamer

Attached: Ooblets-Toxic-Gamers-585x300.jpg (585x300, 24K)

Atlas update was pretty good, even though it still needed fuckton of patches.
I don't care about mp. The only thing that would make me revisit NMS is more unique environments and wider range of variables for generation.

Even after all of the patches its still an inherently boring game.

in vr

Dilate

Ill take that as a no. I suppose they also never added in orbital positions effecting element distribution or being able to tell what is on a planet someone else has already scanned. Trade ships still a no go?

As is tradition, I will post it.

Attached: nms.jpg (669x473, 107K)

so like did they ever get around to patching in a point to the game?

This is what puts me off. I keep thinking about picking it up since it's had so much content added, but it seems like the core gameplay loop is still just utterly dull, so what's the point?

so what do you do in this game now? last time i read bout this game it was all about base building on planets and collectathon shit for materials and the space aspect was just kinda nothing.

They had it nailed in Atlas rises with 21 planet biome varieties. But then in next they reduced it to like 8 biomes and now every planet literally looks the same. All the had to do was give Atlas rises with fucking taller trees. The game is shit as fuck and only normies who want mp games for sake of MP play this garbage

Are you still stuck in 2016? They've long redeemed themselves after this.

This will never not be funny

stfu boomer

I might have still bought this game at launch even with all the shit if the flight model hadn't been so fucking awful. Did they ever change that? Because if they haven't I don't care what else they did to the game, I'm still not buying it.

>They've long redeemed themselves after this.
lol no

RIP Shammy's inbox.

>lol no
lol yes

I had fun with it at launch and I tried it again after the NEXT improvements and had some more fun. I'll give it another shot when Beyond hits. The money's already spent so why not. I'm impressed that they kept working on it for free for so long.

>almost bought this at launch
dodged a real bullet there

The only thing they fixed was multiplayer. Nothing else they promised has been patched in.

This is honestly why I have a degree of respect for Hello Games, they rushed out a game, it was barebones and shit, and since then despite the backlash and vitrol they worked in silence and secret to fix it then add more to it after that. A lot of devs would've given up at launch and let it rot so it's commendable to an extent.
Would've been better to just have a complete game at launch so I can't exactly give them a gold star for fixing it in post, but they get an A for effort for sure.

>JUST PATCH IT LATER BRO

multiple ship classes yes, there's fighters, explorers, haulers, freighters, and capital ships (the last two can't land on planets)
orbital mechanis no the planets still kinda sit there floating in place
ringed planets yes
joinable factions no, although your standing among the 3 main alien races does have some effects and you can have capital ships with different race crews but I can't remember if they had any practical effects or not.
You can also build bases, have land vehicles and there's rudimentary multiplayer coop, which I think the new update is expanding on.

This is cool and all, but do you still need to hold E to do anything and is it still a chore just to move around?

I was thinking about going to laugh at him, but he technically said he was done with the game regardless of what else happened to it.
If this is going to be an entirely new release instead of DLC though...

>Wow the game is finally somewhat "good" after 3 years
neck yourself faggot

I'm sure that lessons were learned, regarding Sony giving an indie team a AAA marketing budget and focus and development schedule and release window, impossible for them to live up to that hype, and it was released during this era of base building survival multiplayer games, while it was supposed to be a single player exploration game. It was never intended to be like Rust or Ark or Conan Exiles. But since then it has added features from that genre to make it more survival focused, since just being pure exploration didn't have as much appeal as they hoped.
It also never should have had a AAA pricetag, but again, that marketing budget kind of put them in that position.

They'll never be able to live down that botched launch and peoples expectations for the game being a way it was never intended to be, and Sean Murray exaggerating and using hyperbole certainly hurt credibility of his entire studio, but still, it makes up for it a bit that they've remained dedicated to fixing the game to make it fit what they promised, and not charging people extra for it. I'd say considering I spent like 200+ hours on it I got my money's worth anyway. I found a lot of bizarre shit and enjoyed flying around and cataloging freakshows.

>for free
lol no

yes 1 second hold still in the game, if modded out which is possible, it breaks the game.

.. where are they charging me more money for it? I bought it at launch and haven't paid anything since so how are they not free updates?

>if modded out which is possible, it breaks the game.
Thanks, Sean.

Attached: spontaneo_bullshit.jpg (600x547, 72K)

Yes

They wouldn't be able to get any job if they didn't do shit after release.

is the game still on GOG?

Any alien worlds with cities and towns? No? Still trash.

screw cities, there are no even liveless rocks.
Everything is habitable, everything with atmosphere, everything made with same random generation

i got it a year ago when it was like 15 bucks on sale. Honestly for 15 bucks i got my times and monies worth

>screw cities, there are no even liveless rocks. Everything is habitable, everything with atmosphere, everything made with same random generation
Want to know how I know you haven't played he game?

... that's not true at all. There are tons of planets with 0 life forms on them with no atmosphere (which causes your life support systems to drain faster)

What are some methods for making a lot of units fast?
I just want a new multi-tool and a ship that doesn't suck fat dick.

Cheat engine.

I just want to know how they made a game that barely ran a stable 30fps w/o judders and hitches on PS4, at a garbage FoV, run at the minimum 60fps x2 needed for VR for Sony to allow it.

Send frigates on missions. Literally millions of units per mission. Otherwise you can always dupe high value items and sell them.

Attached: 20180731184621_1.jpg (1920x1080, 247K)

Wait I thought they patched duping? Unless them smartasses found another way

Attached: 56915081_2080000695387392_5924996518288293888_n (1).jpg (134x139, 3K)

Right, look at all these jobless people in EA or Bioware...

So, what's even the point of the game? I pirated it on launch and all I did was collect shit with my laser beam in order to get shitty upgrades and fuel to jump to the next planet. Does this game even have a quest or something?

The main quest is just a bunch of fetch quests/info dumps and then you go to a new universe and start over again.

It's basically space minecraft. There are quests but they're mostly just Kill X, Get X, Discover X, etc. There are 3 main questlines iirc that have you getting to the center of the galaxy in different ways.

Havent played in a year, pretty sure EVERY planet has alien outposts on them

Attached: 20180803023337_1.jpg (1920x1080, 217K)

Is there a lore reason as to why all these worlds that can support life have zero civilization

Really all I want is better flight mechanics now, if you're reading this sean make it happen you fucking slime!

looking forward to play this with VR desu

Did they patch the "put two refiners next to each other" dupe system? Haven't tried duping in about a year.

>Havent played in a year, pretty sure EVERY planet has alien outposts on them
Nope. There are several types of planets that have pretty much nothing on it but rocks. There are even special planet types that only have weird shit on them like pic related

Attached: Cable_World_(Contour_-_Cable_Pod).jpg (2560x1440, 544K)

I wouldn't go that far, little guy.

What they need is to make some algorithm that makes random, pretty varied in sized bases that are housed by npcs with various shit to do. I think that'd be killer. Especially with them adding tree base building with the update, it could be possible.

on launch you couldn't even build bases so you're retarded

Yeah they patched that I believe. They might have found another way. I haven't played since NEXT came out

Attached: holyfuggggg.jpg (3840x2160, 762K)

no, there are planets that do not have anything on them except the Sodium/O2 plants on them so you don't die. and get stuck unable to get off that planet because you can't recharge life support or hazard shields, and the mineral crystal deposits, and mineral deposits that can be harvested using the terrain modifier tool.

Sometimes they might have light sentinel presence, and occasionally you can find Eggs for those Biological Horror enemies on some of them.

But otherwise, empty rocks with no atmosphere.

Damn i miss Shammy videos he haven't posted in 8 month

Attached: BzIxR-ICUAA92ti.jpg (600x745, 43K)

Imma buy NMS now

>tons of gameplay content

Okay so what's the "gameplay content" im suppose to see in this trailer? I see walking around and I see multiplayer, I don't actually see them doing anything. So what's the gameplay content?

woah you can ride creatures and its in third person now. amazing everything is fixed woah. still the same fucking game.

I thought you couldn't pilot capital ships, arent they just props?

NMS seemed like a scam but Sean stuck around and turned it in simply a very boring game
There is some merit to that

You can summon them over any planet and warp with them

you dock on them and give the command to engage warp to jump to another system with them, but you don't pilot them directly no, you have a crew that does that. They're "Props" that you can land your ship in (and other random npc pilots will land in them and you can buy their ships), and you can build a base in them and they have storage, and you can have them warp to systems and if you warp to a different system without them you can command them remotely to warp into your system. You also use them as a base to send your frigates on trading missions.

It's Space Minecraft at this point.

does anyone here actually know anyone who plays this in 2019? why would you hold on to such a barebones game?

now that the dust has been settling for 3 years. have we found out what THE FUCK sean and the team were thinking with the whole multiplayer fiasco?

Rather play space engineers. At least for that I don't have to pay 60 bucks.

Yes, no, yes, yes

I just plug the game with every update play a couple of days and get bored again.
Eh, at least the updates are free

>still not having the basic launch promises covered
yeah, no. fuck off

Does every system still have a system-wide asteroid field? Is the field of view still incredibly narrow and motion sickness inducing in first person? Are NPC's capable of moving from their original spot? Is there any sense of truly exploring the unknown, or in other words, does every planet you go to still have facilities, npc bases, and ruins all over the place? Is the main gameplay loop still just filling a series of endlessly depleting meters? Is your immersion still constantly ruined from the camera being pulled out of your head every time you discover something? Do all your suit, miner, and ship upgrades still occupy your very limited inventory spaces? Is there any point at all of building a planetary base? Did they ever add a navigational log so you can find your way back to systems you've already visited?

Exploration, resource collection, upgrading your stuff, buying/building new ships, repeat

Its basically minecraft in space

He was hoping two people wouldn't manage to get to the same planet.

>60 bucks
it's 20 on PS4

they're boring as fuck yes
no man's sky makes every single possible space sim thing boring as fuck. it's really impressive desu

The fact he isn't wearing shoes is a nice touch.

>NMS
>Literally ever
AHAHAAAH fuck that noise nigga. No matter how much they work on it, no matter how hard they try to make it better, it's still gonna be shit. They could implement literally everything they promised on and more, make the game perfect and it will still be shit. It launched as a pile of pure garbage and it will stay that way until the heat death of the universe. Choke on a dick and die HelloGames. NMS fans are as retarded as destiny soibois.

Attached: 1561945927822.jpg (720x347, 55K)

but how could he possibly think that wouldn't happen even eventually? IIRC 2 guys did on release day.

>tfw legit excited for this since I got PSVR last month as a gift

Attached: 1472426304428.png (391x399, 105K)

WHERE ARE THE DESERT PLANETS

did they add that huge snake thing from the trailers yet?

Nigga there are heaps

Yes, it was literally always there

sean?

>Does every system still have a system-wide asteroid field?
Don't know about system wide but there are asteroids
> Is the field of view still incredibly narrow and motion sickness inducing in first person?
never experienced this. There are FOV settings
>Are NPC's capable of moving from their original spot?
As far as I know no
>Is there any sense of truly exploring the unknown, or in other words, does every planet you go to still have facilities, npc bases, and ruins all over the place?
Some planets/moons have no life, facilities, npc bases, or ruins. There are also some planets/moons that are 'exotic' which have none of the above but weird like pic related. They even have minor lore attached to them.
>Is the main gameplay loop still just filling a series of endlessly depleting meters?
You do whatever you want to do
>Is your immersion still constantly ruined from the camera being pulled out of your head every time you discover something?
If you mean when you access a save point for the first time at a base or something then yeah.
>Do all your suit, miner, and ship upgrades still occupy your very limited inventory spaces?
There's plenty of space as long as you get the exosuit upgrades, a good S class multi-tool, and S class large ship.
>Is there any point at all of building a planetary base?
Plants for easy gathering for crafting, vehicles for shits and giggles, easy access to a teleporter and shop terminal, storage containers.
>Did they ever add a navigational log so you can find your way back to systems you've already visited?
The Discoveries section shows all the systems and planets you've been to. The Teleporter will take you to any space station youve been to before or any of your own teleporters.

>but how could he possibly think that wouldn't happen even eventually? IIRC 2 guys did on release day.
he was probably hoping that 18 quintillion planets would be enough so that no one would ever naturally find each other.

1. Not sure what you mean by system wide but every planet is still surrounded by small asteroids as you leave their orbit yes
2. I didn't have problems with the FoV, are you a PS4 player by chance?
3. NPC's are still stationary
4. There are barren worlds with nothing on them and even some truly bizarre worlds with things like crystalline "life forms" and weird shaped organic structures on them or a bunch of floating bubbles or like hexagonal plates all over the surface of a planet that sometimes jump into the air. They'll have descriptive terms like "Boundary Failure". Sentinels are commonly extremely hostile on these planets, and there are no traces of any prior landings outside of other Traveler species gravesites.
5. I never found this to be an issue and suit upgrades drastically reduce how often you have to recharge that shit. So I always found the gameplay being like a procedurally generated safari, just looking for weird animals.
6. ... it only happens when you get milestone thresholds, eventually those stop.
7. You can expand your inventory a lot now, you have your general suit space, a separate tab exclusively for suit upgrades, and a third tab exclusively for cargo.gun upgrades still all fit in the gun's inventory slot but they can't hold anything else so I don't see a problem there. Ships have the most limited space but they have larger stack sizes so it kind of balances out a bit. Hauler ships can carry the most, fighters have the most powerful weapons and maneuverability, and explorer ships can warp the furthest.
8. Planetary bases can have medium and large refiners for resources, and you can make hydroponic farms for relatively rare resourcesso you don't have to travel around to find them, also more storage space, and just a place to decorate and make a home.
9. Even better, you can use a warp gate at every orbital station you've visited that lets you go back to any and all previous systems you've found.

Another trailer of just walking/flying while things happen around you. Anyone getting scammed a second time deserves losing their money.

>scammed a second time
how would they be scammed a second time. If they never bought the game they'd only possibly be scammed once, and if they already bought the game they're not paying for it again since it's a free update.

Honestly pretty remarkable that they're doing all these expansion for free, no other western dev would dream of doing this shit.

>free update
I thought it was a paid thing.

Every update for NMS is free

It's either that or close the company down. The initial product was so bad it's the only way their name isn't an automatic blacklist(which it already is for many people even with the constant updates).

You're implying plenty of other devs haven't shipped similarly terrible games. NMS is only recognized like this because of the massive hype that surrounded it.

Also they could've just taken the money and run, I'm sure it was enough money for any of the big named people to live happily off, while the rest could find alternative work.

legit comfy tbqh

Attached: 20180917032019_1.jpg (1920x1080, 466K)

Attached: No Man's Sky_20190722225745.jpg (1920x1080, 258K)

If there's a game that ever ran worse than NMS for me on my PC it's Space CPUburnintestgineers.

Attached: No Man's Sky_20180821212858.jpg (1920x1080, 223K)

>Nah bruh I'm planning 7 vids
>Still August and there's fuck all

I recall when the update about third person came out he made a tweet that said
>Yes I saw it.
>No I'm not.

>retard can't move on
not getting this grabage game but even i can recognize a honest effort

I recall someone saying how one update added a lot of planet variation but then they dropped it from about 20 to 6 or 8. Is this true and if so why the fuck did they do that?

Kinda specs you need to hit 50-60 FPS 1080p? i'm still rocking a 970 with i5-4690k 16GB ram?

Im unironnically interested because of the VR update

I think it's time for your Tea and Noms, Shawn.

That is literally my setup and it runs smooth 60 at 1080p

What sort of super computer do they run it on to get these trailers? You'd think they'd have learned their lesson on bullshots by now.

Did they make the size of the ships bigger? I haven't opened the game in awhile but the ships in that trailer are way fucking bigger than I remember them being. Original size probably looked like shit in VR I guess

What settings are you using? I have everything on with a 1060gtx and it barely maintains 50fps.

>Its yet another post by the hello games employee
Quit already nigger.

Ok but you're a capeshit zogcog. Kill yourself.

Wow those clouds looks bad

I'm just waiting for VR. I had fun with that hard survival mode.

>retard with opinions while not knowing what the fuck he's even talking about
Yea Forumscore as fuck

>just trick people into buying then fix it later.

Nice try sean

So is the original no mans sky actually playable and good now?

Playable? Barely. Good? Fuck no.

When was the last time you played it and don't lie

>trying to make the game what it was promised
>with free updates spanning years after launch
>scam
I'd understand if it was all paid dlc but it aint. It's a redemption arc.
Have sex.

So has the gameplay cycle changed AT ALL?

If you have more information than that user would you care to answer my question instead?

Is there anything to do in the game or still just "go to planet, see it, go to next planet to see that one too"

There's a main quest, and basic procedural quests as well. You can build bases, terraform land, drive land vehicles and purchase and build inside massive freighters. There's biome-specific and star-specific resources. The majority of the game is still mining and exploring, but you can cut down on the mining by taking advantage of the varying star-system economies, so you can make some cash buying low and selling high, doing missions that net you money, nanites or resources, and use your immense wealth to buy the shit you'd normally have to mine if you want to. There's also buried treasures found on some planets, as well as wrecks to sift through for parts and fossils to dig up and sell for money. You can also make money simply scanning shit, so much so that you can get upgrades to how much money each scanned thing nets you. Admittedly the core of the game is still "go from planet to planet", but you have a lot more choice in what you do on said planets and star systems than you did back at launch.

Attached: 20181229000531_1.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

Is PSVR worth it, bros?

Days... Dude 2 hours tops and then I get bored. Then I mod it and explore for another 8h then call it quits until next patch. Everytine it's a disappointment

Good way to describe "get off the ship, hold a button for a few seconds, get back on the ship"

>finally bit the bullet and bought the game last week
>start the tutorial and fixing my ship
>expecting to fly around a bit
>lol no let's fucking hyperdrive it to another planet
>now find some copper to build this thing
>there ain't no fucking copper
>little bitch robot up my shit every time i try to mine anything
>still no copper
>uninstall.exe

Attached: cap-no-cut-sky.jpg (1175x513, 225K)

instead of tricking people into buying and exit scamming

I think they've touched up on world generation, it looked much better in that trailer. Anyways, there's a 3rd update to BEYOND that they haven't talked about yet.

I can wait to shoot laser a rocks with my friends!