Can someone explain the pattern of devs making their games exclusive to Epic Store and then just telling their fans to...

Can someone explain the pattern of devs making their games exclusive to Epic Store and then just telling their fans to fuck off?

Attached: Capture.png (481x255, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

humblebundle.com/store/search?sort=bestselling&publisher=Gearbox Publishing
vocaroo.com/i/s1L6EdL8Ffrc
thegamer.com/epic-store-2-million-sales-exchange-exclusivity/
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Borderlands_3#Availability
businessdictionary.com/definition/monopoly.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

epic gives devs more money. money is more important than a handful of petty incels who get assblasted over platform wars.

>a rich guy telling us we should feel good cause he fucked us over for more money
I dont understand how this has literally a single like let alone 30+

Remember when twitter was just a site where people would post about upcoming events? How did it turn into this shit

They already got more money than they ever dreamed off so they stop caring about their product.

Steam doesn't have a monopoly though? Wtf is he talking about?

liberals

>where digital stores became unmonopolized
Based.
humblebundle.com/store/search?sort=bestselling&publisher=Gearbox Publishing

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-09 The Humble Store Great games Fantastic prices Support charity .png (1140x547, 663K)

They've already made their money, they don't owe you shit. Just pirate and move on.

It's no secret that indie devs are often times pretty fucked in the head, having Epic give them a truckload of money means they don't have to hide it anymore and inflates the hell out of their egos.

where the fuck does epic get their money from though? They have gobbled up so many games that at this rate I dont know if they will even be able to turn a profit

He's an idiot.

The western dev community is already full of retards, so this really shouldn't be so suprising.

>Unmonopolized
GoG, uPlay, Origin, Discord store, Humble store, G2A, etc.

Attached: 1508129916973.jpg (850x850, 264K)

Part of the Epic contract states you have to push the "Steam is a monopoly" meme. Also to never mention GOG, Origin, Todd's launcher, Battle.net, itch.io, Discord, anything to do with Amazon, GMG, GG, Uplay, whatever Windows' current store is called, etc.

this is for borderlands 3 though

When idiots started using it as a glorified chat program. I saw it coming as soon as they opened it to the public and not as something just for companies. It's the exact shit that happened to Facebook and Myspace. People are OBSESSED with how they are seen in the public eye, so the more time they spend on these platforms, the more they think they matter.

Unreal Engine, Fortnite. They don't spend that much, Borderlands 3 is exclusive just for 6 months.

Pitchford is anything but indie, tho. He has a publishing division.

It's no secret that Randy Pitchford is fucked in the head with a big ego either

They already got their money so they don't need to fake niceties.

Mostly from Fortnite, but also from Tencent as they hold a large stake in the company and keep feeding them money for any project they need.

can someone please murder Randy already?

I fucking hate Randy "Bobandy" Pitchford
Fucking little lying piece of shit

videogames is a baby industry that only just learned "don't like it, don't buy it" is a big no no only just recently (Battlefield)
they're gonna need at least two more instances of it blowing up in their face until they figure it out

Fortnite.
They think they can force people to use and stay on their platform if they secure enough games that will only be on that platform for a year.
Unfortunately it's making lesser developers complacent and giving them unearned success.
Also they straight up won't make basic shit a store needs like a fucking shopping cart.

It's a brand new phenomenon in marketing strategy... it's never been done before.

They made a profit of every copy of PUBG, their main competitor in the Battle Royale genre.

They are able to make there money back through Epic store deals alone. That’s a huge ego boost since now you don’t have to play nice and can sell 0 copies and turn a profit

It's called loss leading. Run at a loss using money from outside sources (in this case fortnite and China) to push themselves beyond what what is sustainable and force their competitors to fold either by lost sales or by trying to Match them and losing too much money. But Timmy is stupid, so he's trying to court the publishers and shitting on the customers and so the competition doesn't have to keep up.

How much market share does Steam have though?

>normalfags will still buy the game because it's fun with friends
>normalfags don't realise almost everything is fun with friends

>unmonopolized
Where the fuck does this meme come from?
Steam is far from a monopoly, everyone just publishes to it and uses it because it's already popular and has actual good features, just because you have to actually put effort in making a good storefront to compare to steam doesn't mean it's a monopoly

Attached: this nigga.jpg (300x168, 6K)

There's no way to know for sure.

Whenever anybody says Steam was a monopoly, you can just disregard their entire opinion and credibility

Isn't loss leading illegal in yurop?

None of those are Steam competition. Not even GOG, since GOG is a store primarily made for DRM-free retro games
Imagine hating people over video games. You're pathetic, my dude

How are not Discord and Origin competition? They don't even sell Steam keys at all.

It's funny because EGS is the one using the tactics that one would expect from a greedy monopoly.

Yeah, is dumb..is almost like Uplay, Origin, Battle net, Bethesda thing, MS store and GOG dont exist. At least those make their own games so is understandable to have a store of their own...and Steam used to so is OK in my book.

Because people don't understand that being a market leader isn't synonymous with a monopoly. It's the same reason you see people sperg over Disney being a monopoly because they made a shitload of money.

A monopoly is still a monopoly regardless if the product/service is good or bad, dumbass

Bethesda and Microsoft are crawling back to Steam and GOG.com never had first party exclusives, besides Thronebreaker, which is not exclusive anymore.

If i found a bottle with a genie in it and it popped out and granted me three wishes all three of my wishes would be to kill everyone who has ever used twitter.

Immediacy drove the media market. Twitter is the most immediate form of social media we've made.

They don't have to worry about losing customers when epic gives them an unimaginable amount of money

disney does control a worrying amount of property though.

Epic Games always pays one year of exclusivity. With Borderlands 3, they could only afford six months.

>all 3 wishes on the same thing
>not using the first wish to destroy all social media
>not using the second wish to destroy all gaming news sites
>not using the third wish to kill everyone south of the equator
Give me that fucking bottle you fag.

I don't care what platform its on, I'm not buying it regardless. Pitchophile and his corrupt greedy company that shovels out DLC ridden games that make their balance around DLC can die, as can anyone that defends normalized greed.

Maybe don't have a $50m advertising budget and your expected returns wouldn't be so bloated you fucking kikes.

Attached: inconspicuous spying green frog man.png (599x575, 547K)

THEY DONT FUCKING CARE ABOUT A PROFIT RETARD
THE MONEY IS IN THE INFORMATION THEIR SHITTY LAUNCHER TAKES FROM YOU NOT SOME DUMB MANBABY GAMES

Its only a matter of time until some catastrophic event destroys Epic. They are going to somehow delete all records and profiles, resulting in every ones games being deleted. Or their entire data base of payment information is going to be emailed to every registered user. Or some sort of malware is going to be distributed to every user, bricking pc's. Maybe they will distribute a virus that permanently changes pc's language settings to moon runes.

They fucked their first sale about as badly as they could. They are going to continue to do terrible things.

I can't imagine how hard 2k games was jewing Tim to the point it's only 6 months in ebin.

Might want to adjust that wish. Tons of people use it, either because of being forced to for Job related things, or just on a lark a single time. It doesn't mean they like it, or are obsessed with their feed. Unless you want to kill practically every director in the video game industry.

>Kill everyone that thinks that Twitter exists for chatting or sharing their opinion and not as a method of sharing information

There, now 90% of the world is gone, even if they have never actually used Twitter and have only heard about it through other people and are too stupid to understand it's intended function.

Discord? Wtf is Discord? I bet Discord sells like 50 games total. Origin is competition, I guess. Not really in any way aggressive competition, but sure, there are some games that are on Steam and Origin

The problem is not the budget but the shareholders' obsession with infinite growth.

its only western devs
its always only western devs who are immature children

Why do they always make it sound so dramatic?
It's game stores not the revolution.

Attached: tim_sweeney.png (639x440, 71K)

>Maybe don't have a $50m advertising budget and your expected returns wouldn't be so bloated you fucking kikes.
It's odd why publishers and the likes spend so much on advertising still
New games that get announced at E3 get announced to hundreds of thousands of people right off the bat, that gets gaming article sites writing articles about it, gets people on twitter or any social media site about it, word of mouth, youtubers reacting to the E3 trailer, it goes on
You could really just have one big trailer at E3 and save millions in advertising due to the natural order of social media these days

>None of those are Steam competition.
False.

>Also they straight up won't make basic shit a store needs like a fucking shopping cart.
This shit is fucking baffling to me. With the sheer amount of fortnite money they have it should be the easiest thing in the world to hire a competent team and have a rush job done on the basic features the store is missing.
Although maybe they're intentionally delaying adding basic features because after they add a shopping cart people will ask for user reviews to be added. And we all know the shitty indies who are flocking to EGS do not want user reviews

>$50m isn't a problem.
>that same $50 isn't going into the actual games development
>shareholders get their returns regardless if the game does well
>game cant do well if the developers arent paid
>That money is going into advertising

Think about it for a second, please.

Attached: big gay.png (478x478, 246K)

take it up with the people who sold them those properties

ive literally never understood this stuff people complain about, this is capitalism at work, working as intended and by design

But those incels stop giving their money to epic, and since you use the word incel without actually caring about its meaning, that's everyone.

>killing Aussietralia
Not cool m8

>that same $50 isn't going into the actual games development
>implying that if there was no advertising they would be used in development

Probably. But Epic's an American company so unless it's also illegal in burgerland it means nothing.

literally everything becomes more and more shit the more normies and idiots find out about it. post-2015 Yea Forums is a prime example of that.

Trump is a liberal?

They will eventually do something that will result in a class action lawsuit against them and Tencent to drop them like a sack of shit in their water supply. Unfortunately Epic as a company will never really go away as long as they continue to have people using Unreal Engine. They could easily subsist just off royalties of that while never producing anything else.

It's illegal in sensible countries but the government can't prove shit.

Truth. They are nobodies. If any of those are competition then Ouya was PlayStation competition

Can't remember who it was but one developer that went Epic stated the money they are given puts them at no risk of "going black". Basically they're payed enough to make sales irrelevant.

The other factor is the reaction of some of the PC market: irrational anger, threats of piracy etc. So both sides are hostile to each other and thus don't care to maintain a relationship.

*they would use that money

>dev gets paid more money than steam for sales
>everyone just pirates the game rather than use epic

You forgot to mention steam for not putting valves games on other stores

But valve is also a burger company and that didn't prevent them from being sued by australia and forced to implement refunds.

Then the problem is the management/board members improperly allocating funding for the game. It's cyclical.

In the end I don't care about a company's money, their board members money, or their shareholders. I care about the quality of the game, which would sell itself if it was good, which BL1 and to a fault, BL2 did until the DLC progress walled design of the game made it apparent the balance was shifted towards DLC buyers.

tl;dr. fuck a corporations money, make a good game.

>same reason you see people sperg over Disney being a monopoly because they made a shitload of money.
Disney is literally buying the competition. Not signing directors or studios under a contract where Disney has distribution rights. They're just straight up buying enture production studios that were in direct competition to them.

vocaroo.com/i/s1L6EdL8Ffrc

*publishers

>It's not competition because I say so!
Imagine being so much in denial, that you need to imagine stores don't exist for your argument to make sense.

nice monopoly you got there

Attached: 1553342015394.jpg (500x372, 55K)

>console war threads
>store war threads
>wrpg vs jrpg threads
>company vs company threads
Are you guys literally incapable of doing anything other than arguing for the sake of it?

Attached: you is stop.gif (144x48, 2K)

Budgets are still so fucking big because of Market Analysts that are justifying their jobs to these companies by saying that this will increase their revenue by 5% and they have the maths to back it up, so just listen to them and don't question it. For the love of god don't fire them please. It's a fucking loop, these companies invest in it and they make profit, so it must work, so budget for advertising the next game has to be EVEN HIGHER.

i swear to god randy is like the michael scott of the industry

>thinking Tencent gives a shit about this internet drama and not te billions of revenue from Unreal and FN

>steam for not putting valves games on other stores
Wow, how DARE Valve sell the games they themselves made on the platform they themselves made?

Attached: 1522757640858.png (727x720, 519K)

What is he even talking about? What does Linux have to do with anything? What's the context?

>Can't remember who it was but one developer that went Epic stated the money they are given puts them at no risk of "going black".

>"If we had to refund 100% of currently pre-orders, we'd still be in the black," they say. "In the black" is a retail term meaning one turns a profit. So doing the math, Epic has promised Snapshot Games well over $2 million to be exclusive.
thegamer.com/epic-store-2-million-sales-exchange-exclusivity/

Tim already threw money at them to match their predicted sales, they LITERALLY no longer have to care about actually selling their game.

Attached: this one's on me.png (696x493, 335K)

Steam isn't a monopoly, it's a market leader. But the point still stands they dominate the PC game market to the point where it's you have to deal with them if you want to PC game. GoG and the like aren't true alternatives.

Yes.

bobcat goldthwait is that you?

Attached: puzzled black man.png (299x252, 142K)

Universal Windows Platform.

Making sure you snuff out any whiff of competition is bad even if it’s by design or not. Gone are the days of local businesses that help flourish the community but instead a large soulless building that cares nothing for the community but just to give (((convenience))

Steam itself has removed several of those categories. I'm not sure how these morons keep claiming Steam is a monopoly.

>Stalk my shit
Ironic

Tim Slimy was 100% deadset convinced that Microsoft wanted to turn Windows into a closed platform, banning the use of .exes that were not downloaded from the Windows Store. But, instead of supporting a move to Linux in case this were to happen, he wants to keep using Windows like the bootlicking cuck that he is.

again this is the ultimate goal of capitalism is it not? use money to make money to make money

money isnt real and just relies on our dipshit society to uphold its value
im not saying its good or right, just that it is

>it is competition because I say so
You're a retard. You don't know what competition actually means. It's not enough to be an existing store to be competition. You need to actually be competitive, dumbass

I can at least understand not wanting to just run away from the problem, but it isn't like we can convince Microsoft to do otherwise while using their program. The only way that we can do anything about it is to remove Windows' share and that means moving to another OS and forcing Microsoft to change their policies.

As long as people stick with Windows, nothing changes.

Universal Windows Platform is dead and six feet under.

The incel is no longer the customer, epic is
The Dev literally just gets the money up front, and epic is banking on still being able to sell X amount of the product to make some sort of return (but more importantly expand their user base)

If epic were really smart they would start a pr firm and force indie Devs to use it as part of their agreement in order to prevent this dumb shit and maximize the efficacy of their investments

Of course Tim isn't going to support a move. Doing so would mean he would have to acknowledge the contributions Steam has done for Linux gaming. Little Tim cant have that.

It's basically just falseflagging. Yea Forums is full of Steamcucks, and they're getting cucked by Epic now so they have to demonize it as much as possible

Any time you see someone call Steam a monopoly, it is a sign that they are an Epic shill, because they refuse to acknowledge that GOG is everything they claim to want, and has existed without controversy for a decade.

You're a retard. You don't know what monopoly actually means. It's not enough to be the biggest store to be a monopoly. You actually need to have no competition, dumbass.

It is, by definition, competition, because they are competing for the same audience: people who play videogames on computer and want to buy these videogames digitally. Go back to grade school, dumbass faggot. You can find other people like you who play fartknife there.

people who want to have sex, but aren't having sex because they're too socially retarded to understand basic male-female dynamics, are the only people who care about video game platform wars.

>It's not enough to be an existing store to be competition. You need to actually be competitive, dumbass
So EGS aren't actually being competitive then? Are they a monopoly?

0,76%.

Based retard.

>post 2015
It started spiralling out of control no later than 2013.

You're saying that like I'm taking a side in this shit. I'm not. I'm sick of all of this bizarre, obsessive us vs them bullshit that honestly just seems to play into the hands of both big faceless corporations by furthering the divide and making people increasingly fanatical.

Wow how DARE EGS sell games they themselves paid for on the platform they themselves paid for?

I'll believe it when I'm dead. It wouldn't be the first time that Microsoft has shelved something and just come back to it later once people forgot their original outrage.

Really the only other thing preventing it is Microsoft's general incompetence to the point of emailing code in Jpgs that they made from screenshots.

>post 2015
You're part of the problem if you think that's only when it became noticeably shit.

They didn't developed them.
They didn't published them.
They didn't even funded them.
And they have a special predilection for Kickstarter projects.

Windows Phone is dead and no one buys shit in the Microsoft Store.

Can someone tell me why it's so hard to open another icon on their computer?

But they did not pay for the games. They paid for exclusivity. Big difference. They do not in any way, form, or shape own the games. Valve does own every game they create.

Prove me wrong, you dumb platform war incel. You can't.

>As long as people stick with Windows, nothing changes.

Microsoft's decision making is pants on head retarded.

>We don't get analytics or feedback about this soooo no one cares obviously!
>What? all the people that might use this thing properly or care about it just disabled a lot of the telemetry? naw, that can't be right.

This is why there were a lot of people saying "please don't disable ALL telemetry if you actually know how to computer, we get you don't like it, but microsoft will just ignore your existence if you do."

because consolidation is efficient, and autists love efficiency and don't want fourteen platforms that each eat your system resources and only have four games each on them.

Yea no, you're a moron. There is more to a store than its costumers and there is more to being competition than existing, Y'all retarded

Correct. I came just under 7-8 years ago and it was already being flooded with mouthbreathers.

Comparing any board (Yea Forums isn't even a main of mine) to it's predecessor is comparing Eden to a lawn covered in dogshit.

>Dude just sell your credit card information to the Chinese and run their spyware on your computer lmao

Attached: 1520159036779.jpg (405x443, 23K)

>BRO IT'S A MONOPOLY BECAUSE NOBODY WANTS TO USE MY BLOATWARE
lmfao

Looks like Randy is angry over some videogames

You'd need a truly exceptional product to stand out and get continuous organic exposure through to release though, for most games that buzz would die off within a week and get smothered by all the other news coming out, publishers spend shitloads on advertising and exposure because they don't really have confidence in their games selling themselves.

>this is capitalism at work, working as intended and by design

the design is dogshit though. The thing is people have experienced what was effectively the golden age of capitalist, but under the whip hand of government (and existential crisis driven by the USSR)

Now both of those things aren't true, it's reverting right back to what it's supposed to be.

But...Steam wasn't a monopoly in the first place. They were never telling devs not to sell games on other stores, or even on their own storefronts.

that’s still profit even if they don’t mention it

>Y'all
Fuck off back to twitter, normalfaggot. Your kind is not wanted here. Steam is not a monopoly, nor has it ever been one, since there were digital distribution platforms long before it was even a thing. Go twist words and definitions to better suit your arguments elsewhere.

>implying
Nigga, shitposting was at an all-time high in 2010-11. Fuck off.

& it's even worse now, of course, now that 4ch and 8ch are plastered allover the internet and newspapers.

I mean - take a look. The entire front page is swimming with unapologetic outsiders who're coming here for a look at the zoo.

Attached: 6f27ed112bea4e0320a6e8efd887d3a07d41263b1dc95c999e4695cf3d98174d.jpg (1200x675, 114K)

Communist devs don't want to participate in customer relationships because they feel that competing in a capitalistic marketplace waters down their "artistic vision". Sweeney is giving them something very close to their ideal vision to how the video game industry should operate, where you can just jerk yourself off and not worry about creating a marketable product that sells.

Watch out, they're going to post a screenshot of Darwinia more than a decade ago, where the devs themselves decided to no longer sell on other stores (but still continued physical sales).

Fear of China spying on your porn stash

>implying your data hasn’t already been sold over and over by different companies around the globe.

You naive retard

Because it works.

You smother everything else, you keep your game and your upcoming game fresh in everyone's mind constantly, making them go "Oh yeah I need to get this when it comes out" because the LAST thing you want is for a game release to happen and people to not notice. Because then the next one is that little bit closer and unless you're still pushing the marketing then they're thinking about the next game.

Marketing is dangerous. Top marketing firms can, and will, sell you anything: give them enough money and men will be buying tampons.

good thing steam supports windows, mac, and linux

>where the devs themselves decided to no longer sell on other stores
They said it was part of the deal.
>(but still continued physical sales).
That were ALREADY shipped.

Easy fix, put skeleton girls in your porn stash, or make it so they have to click on a folder that is a lion's mouth to enter it.

>Dude just let ANOTHER dick fuck your ass
>Who cares if this one has an STD, just do it

>things are bad so why not make them even worse for no reason

is there any source to this or are you just pulling it out your ass. I do agree the steam monopoly point has been fairly consistent though

Attached: touc.png (125x128, 16K)

Why use an inferior product?

>China is gonna take my CC and buy nukes with it
>And then ISIS will buy the nukes and big boy us
Thanks Epic.
*goes into his tinfoil bunker*

I'm astonished people are still willing to give Randy money after Aliens.

Attached: joke.jpg (318x335, 13K)

>2019
>playing on pc
lol

I'm well aware that the board has been getting slowly and progressively worse ever since Chanology, but the Fappening influx and /pol/ election tourist invasion were exponential decreases in the overall quality of the site, as opposed to the linear decrease of the previous decade.

Epic gives -publishers- a lower fee. Devs don't see a dime, unless epic advances them revenue for sales they would never make. They better hope epic can support them forever after they obliterate all good will with their customers.

Take-Two won't commit the error they made with BioShock Infinite twice.

Am I a retard for not caring about what the public eye thinks? I think I'm a retard.

Epic's target customer isn't gamers, it's gamedevs. All the talk of competition and un-monopolization they talk about is good for the gamedevs and LITERALLY NOBODY ELSE. They stifle competition at the consumer level, making it so you and me end up paying more than if the game was available from other retailers. They call steam a "monopoly" but the reality is you can get keys for steam games from G2A, greenman, etc, and end up saving anywhere from 10% to 50%, even on new releases. But with epic, you can only get their game from them, and you can only get it full price. They're monpolizing individual games and calling it competition. It's a clear cut anti-consumer practice

Attached: 1562845623779.png (1028x880, 319K)

Yes, they stop giving money to epic. The devs don't lose money though because epic offers minimum sales guarantees meaning that if they promise a dev they'll sell 1 million dollars worth of copies, and then they sell 0 copies then epic gives them 1 million dollars.

the entire point of stores like epic and steam is so that you don't need a publisher because the platform is the publisher.

>But with epic, you can only get their game from them
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Borderlands_3#Availability
>and you can only get it full price.
This is true.

Have sex. Like for real.

>Your kind is not wanted here
>normalfaggot
Haha, he thinks he's part of a club. You're a moron. Steam is in fact pretty much a monopoly, and the only way to get over it is through Epic's aggression. The proof is in the pudding: people haven't shut up about Epic all year

Valve has a dominant position among digital game stores so they're more susceptible to antitrust scrutiny

>the entire point of stores like epic and steam is so that you don't need a publisher because the platform is the publisher.
No, the entire point is that you don't need to worry about distribution.

>Steam is in fact pretty much a monopoly
based literal retard

You can keep saying that all you want, that won't make it true. Get some better material, normalfaggot. Now fuck off back to twitter, you chinese nigger.

Platforms can't be publishers. A publisher gives feedback and makes the marketing.

humiliating post user

>GoG and the like aren't true alternatives
Proof? At this point we're pretty sure you're just lying.

what the fuck do you think publishers are for?

No, all the smartest people in the world don't give a fuck. The difference is knowing how to manipulate the public into how they SHOULD feel about you. You don't need to post on Twitter yourself for that, you hire someone to do it for you.

Thats a pretty picture of a toucan. Thats all.

>gives games for free every week
>it's anti-consumer
you're actually retarded

Disney passing legislation to extend copyright protection is the complete opposite of capitalism

Publish the game. What did you think the Publisher did

>you have to deal with them if you want to PC gam
i've literally never installed steam and never had any trouble buying and playing any PC game I wanted.

I hate randy for completely different reasons. He's a piece of shit.

Gonna be real fucking weird in 5-10 years when we have the current fortnite crowd all on epic's store and don't see a need for steam. Can't wait for people sperging about splitting the market.

Do epic have a pre-cooked multiplayer back end thing yet? I could see there being one from UE or something, but if not can't wait for that to be a meme divide, with games using steamworks and games using epicwhatever. "PC CROSSPLAY SOON!"

>Dude who cares that you need to get buttfucked to enter this club
>You get free drinks

Steam and GOG Galaxy have crossplay, at least with nu-Rise of the Triad.

Based beem shapiroposting retard

see: Microsoft during the early 90's

>gives out old games that barely sell anymore, like Subnautica 1 after Subnautica 2 just came out, to inflate their store usership to further entice potential clients with their store's "growth"
fixed

beacuse Epic gives them alot of dosh and they think that dosh will last forever or the fans will buy thier games anyway.

>GOG is a store primarily made for DRM-free retro games
Not anymore.

>Gonna be real fucking weird in 5-10 years when we have the current fortnite crowd all on epic's store and don't see a need for steam.
The Fortnite crowd does not like videogames. They like Fortnite. They will grow up to play videogames on their smartphone, and whatever the latest free to play fad is. They will not see a need for Steam, because they will not buy videogames.

Steam cucks btfo by Tim Sweeney on a weekly basis, can't even handle hearing the facts anymore

Randy is a pile of shit and a rapist.

Well, gamers took MTXs, lootboxes, Day 1 patches, autoupdates that erase songs despite buying the game when the music licenses were still valid and so on.

>all these WC3 kids don't like video games, they liked WC3/Dota.

the only time i'll ever give a shit about "free" games is if i get a AAA game that still full priced.

A monopol means they have no choice and need to suck dick. Now we're getting out of the dick sucking phase of devs and the stores sucking them instead. It changes very little for consumers at the start, but in the end might give us a lot - stores paying for exclusives or development of them, better quality of titles, better promotions etc. Not just on Epic's side, but also Steam's, once they stop being mad and get onto sucking some dicks for us.

You're a monopoly. There you're a monopoly because I said you're a monopoly and there's nothing you can do to prove to me that you aren't.

>IT'S A FACT BECAUSE I SAY SO!
Prove all six points, Chang. I'm waiting.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (500x372, 55K)

everyone doesn't see that EGS is a trojan horse for obfuscation of information regarding games data. Epic will never have an API or whatever like steam does that will allow you to check the player base for a game until you buy it or even allow to get an estimate of how many copies could have sold.

Publishers fucking hate that this information is so out in the open and this is just another vector of anti-consumer practices

>any publicity is good publicity
explain how epic is breaking steam's "monopoly" despite not making a dent in their numbers

Attached: 1503502411072.png (645x729, 50K)

>stores paying for exclusives or development of them
Except that Epic Games pays once the game is already finished.

>but Xi jinping will steal my CC if i Epic
Keep drinking that koolaid

And that is how League of Legends became huge, and DotA 2 became the most played game on Steam. Your point?

Attached: 1350594293765.jpg (500x500, 109K)

>I have a very strong opinion about steam being a monopoly, which I've never complained about before in my life, now that epic have line my wallet
lmao get fucked randy, go steal more employee bonuses and save some more of your child porn collection to a flash drive

Only 10% of fortnites playerbase plays on pc

>The proof is in the pudding: people haven't shut up about Epic all year

Attached: ba773bfb088f121b83fa2cfecbc526ff095565cbbf260f622f1c56b4333f236c.gif (360x346, 170K)

stop buying there fucking games you low impulse control incel

outrage marketing

>what the fuck do you think publishers are for?

Funding the game? You think devs simply have the money it takes to stay operational for years? Logistics of distribution are a valid reason as well, but most get in bed with publishers because they need to eat while developing their games.

Source?

this isn’t video games but it’s basically
>have friends but one of them fucking hates white people
>go here everyone fucking hates black people
>media has fuck white/black people
>politicians shitting on videogames for the hundredth time
>Yea Forums “Us VS Them DLC” bundle includes:
>Dilate
>Incel
>Tranny
>Have sex
>steamcuck
>epicshill
>More DLC in the future

It's pretty much guaranteed that your card is already out there. Seriously, google your credit card number and see how many results there are. It's just a question of whether or not you use the anti-lottery and a criminal happens to pick yours out of the millions and millions of numbers available to them. This is why banks usually just cover the cost and let you charge back pretty much fucking anything. There's nothing your or them or fucking anyone can do about it anymore because it's a majorly insecure and incomprehensibly outdated system from the 50s.

Perhaps they're wondering why someone would suck Gabe's cock but not a chink's, when they're near identical. This sort of brand loyalty is utterly disgusting.

> But with epic, you can only get their game from them, and you can only get it full price.

To be fair this is not true anymore. You can also get their games from the Humble store.

>Seriously, google your credit card number and see how many results there are
nice try larry page, you want me to google my social security number too?

I just use steam because its convienant and EPIC doesnt have any good games

There's not such thing as being "pretty much" a monopoly. You either have exclusive control over supply or you don't. There's no in-between.

The only people being monopolistic are Epic, who are literally engaging in the monopolistic practice of gaining exclusive control over supply via obtaining exclusives for their storefront. They're using well-known monopolistic practices in order to "gain a foothold" in the market, and they will later renege on their promises once they've gained their "foothold". They are offering no meaningful benefit to the consumer and they are using unsustainable business practices to pretend that they are benefiting developers. However, since those practices are unsustainable (and monopolistic anyways), the gravy train will run out.

Epic is the type of company which would start at a 12% cut to court developers and slowly raise it over the years to a 24% cut. They'd do this while not actually improving their platform at all.

There is no reason to support Epic. They do not provide you with anything you could not already get. They are trying to sway you with brand loyalty or brand hatred. They are trying to convince you to start console warring, to use Epic because Steam is bad. This is simple politics.

There is no war. All the storefronts, all 12+ of them, were coexisting very peacefully until Epic came along. I don't know a single person who hasn't bought on GoG, Steam, Humble, Gamersgate, and more.

Epic is not doing this to save the marketplace. They are doing it to make as much money as humanly possible while doing as little work as humanly possible. The fact that they are willing to stoop to monopolistic business practices and smear campaigns should indicate to you that they can't be trusted. If they get the market share, they will make things far worse than they currently are.

Says the Sony incel fanboy who is literally involving himself in platform war.

The main advantage is that you won't have to give Epic your credit card data.

I don't remember exactly what the fuck was all that about but I think it had to do with the fact that Linux users couldn't use the Epic store or something. This was his response until Epic figured a way to support the Linux development.

Nice!

It's a fact and your image is flawed too so there's nothing to prove

I'm not a PC gamer (i tried but...pls) why the fact Steam is not the only platform to play is bad news?

Same with paradox games. I play my gog version stellaris with my friends who have steam version.

>where the fuck does epic get their money from though?
Tencent. Tencent is a Chinese company. Chinese companies are under control by the "Party." Epic and Tencent are downplaying it but Tencent has significant investment on Epic, meaning they have more control than what Tim is saying. All that money goes to Fortnite (which makes its money back), Unreal Engine licensing, and now EGS (although they're still at the "propping up" stage). So far, EGS is a money pit but the EGS has a dual purpose. Eventually it'll make back the money, plus interest, and Tencent now has a "storefront" that users from all over will have to install. You can figure it out from there.

>There's not such thing as being "pretty much" a monopoly.
Sure there is. It's called imperfect monopoly. Although, it still doesn't apply in this case.

what is this bullshit where people think steam is a monopoly? It's actually epic trying to force a monopoly by paying people for exclusivity rights, steam has a monopoly in the sense that it became a thing at the right time and was the one that got popular, but valve doesn't pay people to use their platform, what even is this fucking cognitive dissonance from randy?

>buying stellaris

>and Tencent now has a "storefront" that users from all over will have to install.
Yeah, it's called WeGame.

For now, I'm talking about the future, when console war started for good it also began with manufacturers paying for ready made titles or at the end of development to shift focus, but with time we got where we are now - exclusive games.

>Your image is flawed!!
Market situation where one producer (or a group of producers acting in concert) controls supply of a good or service, and where the entry of new producers is prevented or highly restricted. Monopolist firms (in their attempt to maximize profits) keep the price high and restrict the output, and show little or no responsiveness to the needs of their customers.
businessdictionary.com/definition/monopoly.html

Attached: 1511602305711.png (372x539, 280K)

It's not, Epic paying people to not put games on Steam is bad news.

That’s not how data collection works. They already have your data. Just because there’s another datapoint from which to buy the same data of you makes it redundant.

Also, if you care so much about your data you should opt out any and all apps and software you use and go offline.

Steam was never the only digital distribution platform on PC. There is nothing wrong with having many stores, but there is a lot wrong with Epic Games, and the Epic Games Store.

Humble Bundle co-funded games since its very beginning. Epic Games (which is several times larger) could've done the same.

>TFW You will watch EGS fucking get abandoned
>TFW You will watch Gearbox go bankrupt

Attached: 974868972346493786.jpg (1074x1083, 49K)

>DUDE
>JUST TAKE THE DICK

Attached: 1526987294682.png (512x512, 218K)

>pirating new update every weak because paradox is so incompetent they break the game all the fucking time
Nah that $5 was worth it so i dont have to deal with that bullshit.

Also, also. You might wanna start using a better analogy to bolster your argument.

>he has no argument
Wew lad

Oddly enough, this describes EGS pretty accurately.
>Thinking emoji

I think this in large part depends on how people will actually react to these exclusives in a year when they cease being Epic exclusives. Will everyone just forget by then and buy them regardless or will they hold a grudge aiming for 75% off or bust?

Attached: diablo_YOU face.jpg (600x857, 56K)

My argument is that I'm not gay, and I don't like getting fucked by STD-ridden dicks, unlike you. Enjoy Chang cracking every account you have once a week, I guess.

It's still that for me. I don't follow shitty people.

REMEMBER: Nintendo during the NES had a two year rule for publishers that was deemed to break antitrust policy. They had to remove those restrictions.

It's not just an EGS thing. Devs in general are just getting sick and tired of the brat mentality of gamers. You people aren't "fans", you are those annoying customers who expect to be waited on hand and knee. Despite what you may have been told with that "The customer is always right" bullshit that's not actually the way the service industry works. You don't get what you want, when you want it and how you want, no questions asked. Sometimes the customer is just being a prick and they need to be told that.

>You don't get what you want, when you want it and how you want, no questions asked.
Noice bait.

>I'm not a PC gamer
Why is it everytime someone defends Epic they're a console gamer?

Yea no. You're a moron. Exclusive PC games have existed before. And also that's not monopolistic at all, like, what?

Steam owns the PC digital storefront for video games. They own it. It's not even close. GOG is not a competitor, they sell retro games and are no-DRM cucks. Humble? Yoy can't be serious. Humble gives Steam keys. Origin is the closest thing, but still not anywhere close to making a dent on Steam

>buying new games in the year of the Lord 19(+2000)
Almost everything suck ass, and almost every game studio are greedy soulless fuckers just churning out whatever the market research department thinks going to be top shit.

Attached: bankersbtfo.jpg (800x500, 75K)

>You don't get what you want, when you want it and how you want, no questions asked.

Entitled cunts aside vast majority of players are not asking anything like that. But neither should devs expect money simply because they made something. You are not ENTITLED to sales.

Guess I wont buy your game then, dude.

>Yoy can't be serious. Humble gives Steam keys.
They have a good amount of DRM-free games.

I don't like EGS because it's annoying to buy anything, has less features than it's competitors, fucked up their first big sale event, and charges the same $$ as everyone else

Yes bribery is a normal thing for your typical Chinese person.

clown world, CEOs and corporations trying to gaslight people into fight with eachother

You dumbos realize that steam gets nothing from keys sold outside steam? It doesnt matter if humble or gmg sell steam keys because steam gets nothing.

Good, you described the term. That =/= your flawed image

>Exclusive PC games have existed before.
Nothing was forcing those games to be exclusive. Stupid bugman.

>mfw people created EGS accounts for the free games, but have no interest in ever using the store otherwise
Why? You may as well have pirated these games.

Attached: confused.png (412x393, 53K)

I think that what he meant is that giving Steam keys still is benefitial to Valve because it drives players to the Steam ecosystem.

>Description of term loosely fits the image
You're a dense motherfucker. Fine then, explain via the definition of a monopoly (which I just posted) why Steam is one.

>TFW you will pirate Borderlands 3, solo it as brown muscle siren, and then enjoy whatever porn is made of her that makes her infinitely more attractive than she actually is in game

Attached: 1543865017510.png (405x596, 91K)

>But neither should devs expect money simply because they made something. You are not ENTITLED to sales.
But they don't. Devs routinely say shit like "Don't buy it if you don't agree to the terms." And then retards whine about how "Vote with your wallet" doesn't work and therefore piracy is justified. Just a bunch of fucking brats.

Have you ever looked at fucking origin? Its how old now and it's still a useless piece of shit. Even gog is trying with 2.0. Steam is on top because it's by far the best tool of the bunch.

>he thinks a store only serves consumers
Fucking retard

Or you can make an argument for the opposite. They now have to support the servers for the game if it has multiplayer despite the fact that they didnt get a cent.

That's what trading cards are for. They increase engagement in the platform.

Didn't randy send hitmen to a guy who found his secret twitch stream?

Is Steam's market monopoly comparable to the Tiananmen Square Massacre 1989?

What a pile of shit.
>defend censorship
>pretend to love Japanese games
>100% console gamer giving his opinion on PC gaming

Attached: Capture2019-08-09_08_34_00.jpg (608x760, 64K)

No, because one isn't real and the people responsible for the other one will never be brought to justice

>No, because one isn't real
You mean a fabricated hoax like the Rape of Nanking in 1937?

Yes. They both drive the Chinese crazy.

Attached: 1499449150729.jpg (1080x1080, 799K)

93%

If this happens I will LMFAO for a week straight

>kojima sees people hates when people go to epic
>goes to epic
also why post a literal who’s screencap. Just post a pic of the shitty artical saying that it’s on epic

>Humble gives Steam keys
There's a difference between the distribution platform and the storefront, retard. What matters is point of sale, not point of usage. You have to play Switch games on Nintendo consoles but Nintendo doesn't have a "monopoly" on Switch games because you can buy them from fucking anywhere. What, did Sony have a "monopoly" for the last 5 years because there was "pretty much" no other console you could put your games on? When the PS2 was out and mopping the floor with the lack of competition, and the only "viable" option for 3D games was on the PS2?

No, because it has to do with fucking supply, not point of usage.

You're a fucking moron. Steam "owned" it not because they legally prevented others from competing with them like Epic is doing with their exclusivity deals, but because no one was willing to compete with them or competently able to (Epic isn't either, they just have a lot of money). You already had other stores like Gamersgate or other clients like Origin and they were just inadequate compared so they never really took hold. Steam wasn't a legal monopoly but Epic actually is making themselves into one and legal monopolies do NOT benefit consumers or end users in any way.

amerinsectoid leftism

Do Chinks really believe that happened?

Attached: 6a4e8c171391696c510bd7c8a9dd646f082ee5b1b0279c78841a247a71516bdc.jpg (471x388, 94K)

Steam has no competitors dumbass

That's not the definition of monopoly.

They don't have a choice

Hi Sony fanboy.
He's a "journalist". Supposedly one who loves Japanese games despite pretending Criminal Girls games were "localized" and not "censored".

wasn't the orange box availiable on consoles?

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: noooo president xi help.jpg (1007x706, 250K)

Before it was just idiots. But they would adjust and eventually become just as jaded as the rest of the populace.

Now its shills and people who are more concerned with their own political agendas. These people are not here to have an open discussion.