UNIST Thread

Think I figured out why it's called CL-R

Attached: EBImYQzU4AMkTie.png orig.png (900x637, 856K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/owtkpb.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pass is vee
Look at the sky in the stage, it's clear as day but the lamps are still on. Lond's doing something to the sky
>At the dawn
>The dark night will soon be over

Attached: CAPTAIN CORRIDOR.jpg (800x450, 142K)

> couldn't remember how to do IAD's on dpad for like half an hour
today's going to be fun.

pc lobby
pclobby
don't know how late I'll be on tonight, pretty tired

Attached: __eltnum_phonon_and_sion_eltnam_atlasia_under_night_in_birth_drawn_by_suzuna_najaran__7fd1a08c3519f1 (700x988, 169K)

>IAD
You mean assault or are we talking something like GG, Blazblue. DBFZ etc?

Merk ironically plays the three characters who utilize air assaults in their combos

Adleranon if you're here, come fight me.

Attached: 1564949532964.jpg (1655x1032, 208K)

It's not all that ironic considering the characters I played in BB and KI heavily utilized IAD for their offense.

Guilty Gear player here, they're killing my franchise. How playable is this game in EU

Well isn't that spiffy.

Does anyone else think it's weird that the new UNI stage is during the day? What could that mean?

> during the day
> dark navy blue sky with visible stars
what did he mean by this?

Hope you make/find make your own successful community, user
Susano had IAD combos?

I made the lobby
It's on PSN

Attached: Dkj2D1pU8AEC_rE.jpg orig.jpg (640x800, 43K)

Not easy to find people in matchmaking but you might find a community in discord.

These lobbies are 99% NA.

not combo's as much as just general movement as he had no grounded dash and a slow walk, so much of my time playing him was picking when to IAD at the opponent. Same with Omen in KI, he had a grounded dash but it just sucked.

I lost all motivation to play this game now that CLR got announced. I picked it up last month and was having fun, even played a few games with Yea Forums, but now when I hop into training mode, my motivation is just drained because I know everything is going to change in a few months. Anyone else in this boat?

>PSN
Ah damn, I'm PC.

Experimenting with blockstrings keeps putting me in situations where I just eat fat confirms compared to getting nothing but assault/2A confirms on my end
Feels bad man

>no grounded dash
It just took a second to get going didn't it? A bit like Carmine's but nowhere near his top speed

> characters get slight move property changes, maybe 1-2 new moves and slight frame data adjustments
> everything is going to change
I think your blowing this a bit out of proportion friend. the system mechanic changes from UNIEL to UNIST weren't all that significant and character game plans and strategies stayed mostly the same.

more than likely the current cast will be adjusted slightly and Phonon will get what's coming to her. it's probably gonna be the same for the most part outside of some routing changes here and there. there's plenty of time to get a head start learning how to apply system mechanics at a more advanced level.

The answer was very CL-R

I sorta understand but I also know I don't want to go back to step one when clr arrives.

On the opposite, want to learn as much as I can with the characters I know so I can better use those new moves. Combo theory might change but that doesn't stop me from wanting to play.
Hell, I kind of want to pick up Carmine these days

yeah if you like quadrupled the start up. Maybe it was because I found myself constantly playing Nu's and Nines so I never really got the opportunity to use the grounded dash in neutral.

I can't believe they're making Hyde into a setplay character

>Londrekia claimed to have a secret technique that would limit Wagner's flames
>Wagner is not the greatest martial combatant in in Licht Kreis and is on top because of her absurd EXS powers
>Londrekia's stage seems to have localized pocket where the night is weakened
There, code cracked.

>Byakuya will get what's coming to him.
FTFY

guess it's just one of those boring nights then. GG lobbies with training mode would be nice for times like these.

Attached: cursed.png (1280x402, 935K)

We can only hope.

>I know everything is going to change in a few months
Actually, 90% of the game is going to remain the same.

You people act like you're going to have to completely relearn all of your combos and match ups from scratch or something.

I'm in the same boat actually. I might just drop this game and learn some other fighting games instead while waiting on clr.

>Phonon will get what's coming to her
As nice as it sounds i really don't expect them to give her what she deserves a standing overhead, poor girl has it so hard without one.

How many people are in the lobby?

Ah darn, was about to hop on.

Guess I'll practice some Koihime instead.

See you guys in 2 hours if pclobby stays alive that long

Attached: __kotomine_kirei_fate_stay_night_and_etc_drawn_by_taa_acid__46b2d745a5e0b3037c528e1e47e71834.jpg (798x800, 190K)

To be fair yesterday was mostly the psn guys hopping on over since the PS network was down.

I'd play, but I have normie guests crashing at my place and I don't want them to see me playing videogames at 1am.

ideally they should just nerf his setplay a bit and give him some semblance of a neutral game to make up for it

> he thinks byakuya's getting nerfed
yeah and I'm wishing for world peace

Attached: 1557336193270.jpg (800x714, 323K)

I'm not sure but I can't get into the lobby, are you sure it's working?

it's just me right now

Attached: 554404776968978453.png (100x100, 8K)

There would probably be enough people for an EU lobby here at this point if any of you eurofags ever bothered to make one.

Can't wait for that meter gain nerf

I'll hop over from PSN then. PC population is really weird, it's feast or famine.

Are his big ass pokes and stagger windows not enough for neutral? We don't need another Seth.

Hi, i'm John French Bread of the company French Bread, i just came by to tell you guys i watched the top 8 at EVO this year and plan on making balance adjustments based on what i saw. expect the following changes
>Mika nerfs
It was obvious by how over-represented she was in top 8 that she's too strong and needs toning down
>Byakuya nerfs
obviously since he won he must be OP
>Seth nerfs
he almost beat the OP byakuya so he'll probably need to be toned down
>Phonon/Merkava/Vatista/Orie buffs
It's clear these characters need help since they didn't even appear in the top 8

I hope you don't mind, I was planning on playing Elt and just chilling/focusing on clean inputs tonight since Pho is so much easier to play

Is this you Spoon? You've skipped like 3 matches

My lack of sleep is really telling today

his meter/grd gain during setplay could actually be toned down a bit unironically
he probably has his lobby up from yesterday?

Attached: 1530882618858.png (191x213, 62K)

That was weird

I SWEAR TO GOD

alright someone else needs to make the lobby looks like

Did it shut down again? I guess it might not be the connection between Mike and I.
Koihime time?

>my internet's finally behaving for the first time all week
>now hippie's is exploding
The ride never ends.

Attached: 1558810982742.png (1920x1040, 1.92M)

Alright, fuck this. Someone else make it because not only is the lobby blowing up, I'm actually getting kicked out of network mode entirely

if he had a neutral game Yuzu and Pho probably wouldn't be among his worst MUs

I can't believe I actually got the SPD to come out.

say it with me: VO is unpunishable on netplay

Attached: 1529803479617.png (225x234, 85K)

yeah okay, fuck you too dash.

That's what I'm doing in training. Still learning some basic 1-hit to special confirms.

Learning new games is fun.

It's -13 and if you're blocking it, that means you were prepared to bait it, so I'm not sure what to tell you

Fight icey some more, then you'll know how to punish it

>actually beat cuts' wald

GG man

Getting real sick of these accidental j.Cs. Does anyone have an arcade stick part they recommend.

Forgot to say let me know if you wanna throw down. I'm ready to get beat up whenever.

>just got done with netplay
>see this thread
For fucks sake

A hitbox.

you wait till I get this pad shit figured out, your time is coming.

Attached: 57244663_2643055482376629_4533556470209314816_o.jpg (1439x932, 207K)

I don't really want to relearn Yuzu from scratch

seconded

Attached: 1540458198935.png (112x128, 34K)

It's not from scratch, you only need to relearn 1 hand.

I'll probably put up a lobby for a bit in around half an hour if you're still around.
If you're new here, we're around here the same time each day Sunday-Thursday, so just jump in when you can.

>win 3 in a row
You guys feeling ok, or is there lag or something?

>bodied by the hipster
That's more like it.

Sounds good. Hopefully I'll be available. If not then, definitely after gym time if you're around by the time I get finished up. Otherwise I'll see ya on the next one!

Really digging this game.

ah, I could have went into 236c after that shot. whoops.

Attached: 1546630570661.png (1920x1080, 1.29M)

Well, that got bad near the end there.

>lagspike
Dead room soon???

>Think I figured out why it's called CL-R
is anyone going to ask you for the answer? I've been going in and out of this thread trying to find it

Please keep assaulting Atic until I finally drill into my head to use the correct OS

I think that was the worst I've ever seen without a disconnect happening
That also reminds me I got a time-out Draw in a round earlier today, which I've also never seen before

Read the 2nd post, user

>try to cover all options with 214c>CS
>doesn't let me CS
Just replace this garbage move in CL-R. Please...

>don't want to play pho since I'm exhausted and it would probably just be frustrating
>conveniently ignore that eltnum requires far more precise inputs and more than just staggers and rebeats to open people up
this is why I'm a no-brain phonon main

Attached: 1508881189408.jpg (552x291, 17K)

is there a pc lobby?

How come I can't join the psn lobby even though I see it? It always says there's a communication error, but I have 3 bars

ggs PSN lobby. Time for Koihime

Attached: EAkihhmU8AAzr1P.jpg (2150x3035, 509K)

the host for this lobby lives in the twilight zone and simply can't connect to certain people for reasons unclear

>only 2.8k off of corner shield bash starter
Dash, time for you to start learning 3C > 5[C] > j[C] > jA > jB > 66C > etc

Attached: D7fevLWUYAEltF_.png orig.png (800x667, 284K)

Hit the button and hope it works. Either that or hit ranked for a bit then come back. Worked for me somehow

Restart your console, apparently that worked for some people

Damn you hippie and your seth.

You probably have an actually bad connection with me(or more likely, I with you). My connection with people doesn't always match up with what's shown. For example, Mike and I have a zero bar connection but we can play against each other just fine. It says 7frames of lag but it doesn't feel like it honestly.

I know it but what I've been doing is etched into my soul apparently. I know a few other combos but keep auto-piloting into these scrub ones.

>use the actual DP against Mika
got it

Attached: 1564033423625.jpg (400x400, 23K)

Also, someone else can make a lobby if that one guy can't enter mine.

I'll try again since my connection isn't blowing up at the moment

>that t-bag dual
Alright I’m taping out of ps4. GGs tho bros

Attached: 2654D364-9D61-41DB-BD4A-8818914BE1D5.jpg (981x785, 100K)

Time for one of you to ascend to orange

That explains the connection issue. Was kita trying to join this whole time?

Well, add Kita to the list of people I can't play.

Does it count if I used to be orange?

Regain your honor

Sorry mike, but 7f is impossible
Yeah I couldn't join at all, guess it's just a poor connection.

Never feel bad about connecting to mike, he's EU. Arcsys would have been doing a great job if they made that connection playable

It's 7am, haven't slept in 24 hours, I'm gonna go.
It's been a while since I've played. Evo announcements got me in the mood again. Much more excited for bbtag dpc than Uniclr though. Ice dude looks pretty generic.
Have a good night.

Attached: 1561618866128.jpg (595x842, 222K)

>Honor
Bro I'm a Wag player. I get smug just by armoring through junk with the shield buff.

Gnight.

NOT SMUG ENOUGH TO BE A HIGHER COLOR
Ascend

Park, are you aware that you have speed restrictions on the lobby

Damn, can't argue that logic.

Attached: 1542149950346.jpg (1076x1093, 152K)

I am now. It's never actually been a problem before but I'll change it for next time. Thanks for the heads up.

>Clawz being forced to fight in every match

Blessed pic

ggs pclobby

Wasn't showing up a couple of times when I tried to join earlier. And if it's +3 only, why is my connection with Deska so trash

in my experience deska's internet is sadly pretty bad and even my games with him are 4f and can still randomly stutter

Thanks for the games guys. Got a splitting headache so I'm heading out early to go lie down.
I've been more or less auto-piloting but some confirms have been leaving me completely blank on how to follow up despite practicing them regularly and it's been getting frustrating for me.

Attached: 1538345275363.jpg (1000x1020, 486K)

Throwing some friend requests to the people who were playing Koihime the other night. Hope you don't mind.

Be back in abit, gym time and then more practice, maybe with some real people again if anyone is still down by the time I'm back!

Clawz always get me with that damn tornado at least once a night.

Also, I totally hit that throw button.

>"oh I should do the side switch route here"
>combo drops
gotta be faster with the decision making, but at least I did a full 2b confirm that game

Attached: 1523039582403.png (154x138, 20K)

ggs everyone, feeling kind of tired already so it's as good of a time as any to stop for tonight since pclobby seems to be winding down. I'm not sure if I'll have the energy for Koihime this time, maybe later.

I remember my hatred all too quickly.

Fuckin' comms error when my turn is up!

And there it goes again.
You guys make your own lobby again, maybe clawz this time, I think I'm needing more sleep
GGs
I'll reset my router before Sunday's lobby starts

Attached: 070bdc0f793ffe361331ae61c1d2e6a6.jpg (727x1000, 133K)

ggs, see ya around

Attached: 1562225039135.png (374x324, 44K)

>Wag too hard
>room explodes

Guess that's all for me then, GGs all

GGs

The closest I've come to an anime fighting game is playing the PSP version of BlaBlue, where I played a lot of Valkenhayn

Are there any characters in UNIST that might play similarly?

On the surface, a shapeshifter with incredibly fast movement? No
What parts of Valk did you enjoy? Or what elements similar to him do you think you're looking for in a character?

There is no Valkenhayn equivalent, and thank god.

If you want setplay characters, Byakuya, Carmine, and Hilda

Unfortunately it has been so many years since I last played it that I don't remember the particulars of his kit very well. I've tried SFIV before and picked Dudley, and I also tried Skullgirls where I played Squiggly.

I will look into those characters more then thank you

don't forget about seth

I should mention that Hilda's a bit different in that she's also a zoner, but she has high/low setplay on knockdown by using her 214X to lock the opponent down on wakeup. It's not nearly as strong as any mixups in BlazBlue though.

Seth I was considering, but can you really consider unblockables setplay? You pretty much just throw it out and if the opponent doesn't have vorpal, they're fucked.

WAG
A
G

>Wag's 6C hopped over the fireball
Nice

If a opponent doesn't have
>meterless reversal
>Vorpal
>Meter
>Guard Thrust

how much of his gameplan is actually unblockables though?

Depends on the player honestly

>Yuzu is invincible during her super
That's wack

You can't DP through C orb, you have to guard thrust that. And if you don't have vorpal, you're still fucking yourself over by losing 100 meter and GRD breaking yourself

Go rewatch Ohittou's matches and count how many times he sets up double orbs

All characters are?

I totally forgot how incompatible that character is with hitbox, my bad deska

You're better off watching Tsushima or serosero if you want actual whack unblockable set-ups

Really? I thought you'd be able to hit em if they have a gap and your not in blockstun.

Which super are we talking about. Most IWs are completely invuln while some EX moves are invuln too

Fuuuuck you I'll take what I can get.

We're talking about IW right? Because that's the only real reversal Yuzu has besides VO

I'm pretty sure all IWs are completely invuln

So is the routine just to have a PC room sitting up now? This has got to be the 5th time I hop on and just see spoon just asleep or not at the wheel.

Attached: 1540537139184.jpg (316x410, 30K)

join the other room

Yuzu's 214C is invuln

vee, I assume?

And it's shit which is why I said real reversal

It's pclobby, though I'm not sure if Park still has the +3 connection requirement

Wag is so much fun.

maybe you're out of my connection range? it should be pclobby

Attached: EBZgVBYXUAMOCQr.jpg (1000x1000, 76K)

It just popped up a second later for me.

that's really weird, we both live in the same area and there's no way he has better internet than I do

>3 people in PSN lobby
Is there another one that's full or is everyone dead.

Attached: What.jpg (500x500, 30K)

I am too angry to continue. Thanks for the games.

Damn you Huo. That was supposed to be exDP.

Dead

Called off early because volatile lobby explosions

I don't know why I did that, I thought I was picking phonon for a second. I'm lost as fuck.

Attached: 1545063245644.gif (242x227, 1024K)

Where's Atic at? I need someone to teach me Orie stuff and I'm too lazy to look up videos.

Attached: Chibi Elt.png (128x128, 29K)

I'm falling apart over here lads, fun times in the PC lobby. always enjoy playing other characters and not trying to learn something every game.
ggs, and have a good weekend everyone.
he dipped earlier because tonight was kinda dead unfortunately.

Attached: compho.png (393x309, 357K)

>get to eltnum dash attacks in learning her
why are dash attacks so fuckin' jank

just be better at microdashing bro

there's gotta be a trick
I dropped Naoto in Blazblue from this shit and it seems like most characters use microdash attacks in this

Literally the easiest part of her are her dash attacks.
What are you having problems with

The buffer window is pretty generous for Eltnum's dash C stuff, way more so than Naoto's

There are no shortcuts in learning.

>there's gotta be a trick
you buffer them at the end of the recovery of your last move, or right before landing when it's out of a jump

I just make sure I'm still holding forward when I press B/C.

Starting a new pclobby for those that are still up for it
kw pclobby

Attached: 1544684365188.jpg (463x531, 69K)

Buffering dashes in UNI is nowhere near demanding as Naoto's 1 frame dash cancel links, don't fucking worry about it.
Just practice inputting dash attacks as the previous animation ends

ggs.

This is important, you don't get the dash attack unless you're holding 6 when you press B/C, you'll just do a 5B/C if you let go too soon

I think he's talking about stuff like 214b dl236[a] microdash 5b 3[c] dl236b, not the 66c 22b stuff. there's no way right?

Attached: 1565160706330.jpg (200x275, 18K)

He did say dash attacks

He mentioned naoto and that's where my brain jumped to, same idea just applies in reverse, buffer the dash and make sure the stick is back in neutral before you press anything.

certainly could be the case. if it's the former it should be quicker to figure out. I was relearning eltnum combos to help my p2 execution earlier when I realized you could use the 2 input on md.2c(1) as the first input of the 22b it connects into and I felt like a moron. Never would have realized that on pad.

Attached: 1551604329288.jpg (349x349, 25K)

GGs everyone.

GGs eveyone in the numerous explosive PS lobbies today

connecting them after an air combo. It's not doing dash attacks into gun that's fuckin easy.
just doing it as I'm landing and I don't know why

yeah no 22b 66c stuff is baby mode nothing.
microdashing with 5b is hard and just beyond me. Right now it's just learning how to get INTO the 66c stuff from a combo, typically stuff from mission mode like j.b j.a j.c 66c

That double rekka is the one thing I wish I could get down as Hyde.

Attached: 1564708109966.jpg (860x720, 266K)

What double rekka thing

That corner combo where you got 2 rekkas in it.

Is the bot recovering before you can do the input? If yes, then you're not delaying the j.b enough.

Buffer that 66x as soon as you're done pressing whatever button you did in the air

You have to delay the j.B until you're at the peak of her jump

Can you tech airgrabs?

I do.
I buffer it like a special move input because that feels like how it should be but it don't work.
I feel like I'm legit missing something very basic but important.

just watch your inputs with microdashing in any combo and make sure you're in neutral when you press the button. it's pretty lenient in uni and if you practice it, you'll wonder why you thought it was hard initially.

No
If you land the first rekka, you can land the second

Can confirm this, doing it as Elt is easy as hell, but when I hopped on BBCF to try to learn Naoto, his microdashes made me want to shoot myself.

Attached: Elt (20).jpg (399x400, 35K)

I'm just too slow because I can never get anything but 41236C after it.

files.catbox.moe/owtkpb.mp4
Being able to get a clean recording of this was a very proud moment for me

If only I could still do it

imagine having considerable experience with the fighting game genre outside of uni. could 100% not be me.

Attached: 75329945_p7.png (1000x974, 374K)

Shit, that makes me want to hop back on it to pretend I can play him.

Attached: Chibi.png (2550x1784, 1.26M)

I never could get used to doing those mid-screen dash cancels.
Could definitely do some corner combos with enhanced 214D and enhanced 236B though, good times.

If you have it on PS4, I'm down for shitty Naoto mirrors

Me either, though part of the fun of starting a new game is feeling like a new player again.

I kinda miss tager and hazama, not gonna lie.

Attached: 1535943129575.jpg (1073x1080, 88K)

PC only here. I got no PS4.

>tfw forgot all my hazama combos and blockstrings during evo suite
At least I fought sha and redblade in mvc3

Why is this dead game still $40 on Steam

It's the 3B I can never land fast enough, they always tech before it comes out.

8 American dollars on G2A

I just can't get into anything the same way. Out if everything I've tried I just find uni to be way more engaging and enjoyable. I think if I had prior experience Rev2 would have been fun but jumping into that without the right people around me was hopeless.

Eltnum is pretty fun even though I have no idea what I'm doing

Attached: 1563049331727.jpg (1000x703, 99K)

>tfw too scared to play online in fightan

Attached: 1488110461482.jpg (480x472, 154K)

What's with Satania posters always having so few brain cells you could count them on one hand?

What's got you afraid? We're all bros here.

Dont be I started a couple weeks ago and am still shit. Guess I might just wierd because I learn better by getting my ass kicked

Attached: __kotomine_kirei_fate_hollow_ataraxia_and_etc_drawn_by_zonotaida__a2df3955edc552ec223e704f1716bbe2.j (1000x1400, 131K)

Yet again the statement rings true
>No good post accompanies a satania image

Attached: [Zura] Galaxy Angel 02.mkv_snapshot_10.12_[2015.06.11_22.41.09].jpg (960x720, 82K)

Oh shit, should I buy it even though I barely play anymore

I take offense to that.

Attached: 1551591510972.png (2730x1534, 1.98M)

>Guess I might just wierd because I learn better by getting my ass kicked
That's how it works for everyone.

He's not wrong

my inconsistent wifi

Attached: 1493059023873.png (332x512, 186K)

Maybe, but that doesn't mean I'll play it everyday.

Attached: Kirei.gif (200x170, 93K)

Remade the room
My internet shit the bed

Attached: __kotomine_kirei_fate_stay_night_and_etc_drawn_by_taa_acid__cc6a4355282ae535addb6cf37be9f4c2.jpg (800x830, 168K)

Retards synergize with other retards, where's my nigga synthesis image

I don't learn any better from it, but I have a stupidly high tolerance for it.
I used to go on regular 30-50 losing streaks against one guy until they get tired of winning.

I only make the highest quality posts.

Attached: 1548723956352.gif (277x277, 515K)

>fighting games on wifi
>ever
please no

Attached: fujipanic.png (498x865, 393K)

I somehow managed to lose my ethernet cable

Attached: 1494627359535.jpg (495x600, 242K)

Go back to being depressed and having no main

you can buy like a 100 foot cable for 10 bucks. no excuses.

Attached: 5511d821e337f14ac065aad092561eeea9ecec63.jpg (953x1282, 194K)

You know that means I would have to leave the house

Attached: 1502296193321.jpg (480x409, 27K)

cl-r will finally be my time, just you wait.

Attached: 1561578062098.jpg (899x827, 136K)

>what is Amazon
excuses

Part of me hopes you don't, then your satania posts will actually mean something and that isn't possible

Attached: [Zura] Galaxy Angel 13.mkv_snapshot_07.09_[2015.10.18_04.05.12].jpg (960x720, 51K)

That or monoprice for the real good cheap stuff.

>spent energy ordering a cable
>likely overpriced shipping
>gotta have a 100ft cable running through my entire house
>probably gonna trip on it and die

Attached: 1490092001616.png (1023x619, 335K)

Jesus fucking christ, fuck off and don't play then

That's sabotage, you're actively conspiring against me.

that's a little ridiculous now.

Attached: 1536527373344.gif (640x360, 1.26M)

You know, I think I don't want to learn Naoto anymore. Maybe I'll just stick with Elt's easy MDs

Attached: no.png (516x549, 682K)

GGs Ware.
That shield thing in those last few matches was a little nuts and something you never want to do against a competent mika.

Attached: 1541489669132.jpg (1652x929, 630K)

GGs pclobby fun games all round

Attached: __kotomine_kirei_fate_stay_night_and_etc_drawn_by_kon_manatsu__5612899f06774d1539e8eb0991d16df6.jpg (848x1200, 589K)

wifi can't be that bad, right?

Practicing fundamentals is kinda fun. Only glaring issue right now is I'm pressing an attack before I finish a directional input and not being quick enough on some combos. Any tips?

Who are you playing?