A game about taking a road trip with the boys and relaxing

>a game about taking a road trip with the boys and relaxing
>everyone said it was shit
>it's actually really good

Attached: XOX_002.jpg (3840x2160, 3.75M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hh8S16eRXdM
youtu.be/oxlNpmHRo3M?t=77
youtube.com/watch?v=SZymd6r4wGg
sensortower.com/blog/final-fantasy-xv-a-new-empire-revenue-2018
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>it's actually really good
lol no it isn't

what game?

that game is awful

I wish I could just turn the combat off
Just make it entirely camping and talking diplomacy

Japanese otaku would probably riot if a Final Fantasy was about roleplaying instead of genociding slimes for 99 levels

There is so much brilliance in this game (especially Royal Edition) but it just doesn't come together well enough. I'll take it over a bland forgettable game any day. It will be a cult game one day when people grow up.

lmao its absolute dogshit

The roadtrip was good everything else was shit and I got the plat.

doubtful, there isn't really that core of obsessed fans that create a cult classic outside of Barry

It was an okay game that became shit when it was released unfinished. I had some fun with it, but I should have waited for a price cut to match how much was cut out of it.
Also Nyx having more interaction with Luna than Noctis did was pretty retarded.

should it have been a new IP

Retard

There is only one good scene in the entire game and it's right at the end with the campfire where Noctis goes full homo on his bros.

The game starts out ok, it has some promise in it through a light hearted atmosphere, and you think the combat will get better later on. Fact is combat will get worse, much worse. Everything feels hacked together and rushed. The only redeeming quality is the dynamic between main characters which is not utter dogshit. That however does not make this game playable.

This game has the best fishing minigame in all of vidya. Why does no one ever mention this?

Attached: 80980.png (1020x576, 899K)

>you're a retard for not recognizing a generic screenshot from the latest AAA trashfire

If you weren't sold on that premise alone you probably never took a vacation or road trip with your best friends. Shit is comfy as fuck.

*Holds one button to win the game*
Heh, nothing personal SE.

It was my favorite part of the game.

Attached: BEAST.jpg (1920x1080, 380K)

3rd best Final Fantasy, this game gets way too much hate.

It's a solid C+, the fact that people try to pretend it's worse than FFXIII is fucking laughable.

Has anyone tried the FFXV VR fishing game? I enjoyed fishing in the normal game but I don't know how well it translates to vr.

Driving the car, listening to old FF tunes was fucking Incredible. 10 out of 10.

Every single other aspect of the game had me groaning or cringing. Trudging my way from chore to chore, just waiting to get back in the fucking car.

Attached: A0026.jpg (810x1080, 122K)

I hope Barry gets anal raped by a homeless hobo

It lives up to the title of being a final fantasy cause you guys will never have bros you can go camping, cooking and fishing.

Except it throws all of that away halfway through.

stop lying to unsuspecting people.

speak for yourself, you autistic sperg.

>>it's actually really good
Mmmm... no.

13 has better gameplay, Better game world, way better music. and at least half the characters were passable.

Mmmm... yes.

No, no, no and no

Was great and the royal edition last zone was my favorite part. Almost nothing but big boss battles, and when the mecha sword god came out to shit on Ifrit I was ear to ear with a smile. And the ending was emotional as fuck.
Havent played other FF games except 14 though, and most of 13. Still gotta finish it.
I guess they changed it up a little bit too with patches/royal edition, so the old version might have sucked more?
youtube.com/watch?v=hh8S16eRXdM

I liked some parts, really hated others
It's a clear unfinished game, but if it was given time and not passed around it would have been really nice

I noticed that at least post FF13 releases people talked about the MC and supporting characters whether that liked them or not, but nobody talks about the main characters in FFXV. People don't seem to care about them.

Magic Mike XXL: The Official Game of the Players

>game comes out
>everyone loves it, 10/10 best game of all time
>few years pass
>everybody hates it, 0/10 can't believe shill critics like it
>few years pass
>game is appreciated for what it does well, criticized fairly for flaws

We're not quite at the last part but it should be soon.

>>everyone loves it, 10/10 best game of all time
we never had this part, though

If the budget didn't run out towards the end it would have been pretty good.

You're confusing FF and DQ.

>your dad just got murdered, your country got invasion by the empire which is after your ass but hey! fuck that! let's go fishing and camping meanwhile i'm just gonna writing letter to my girlfriend when fucking smartphone already exist
Yeah, good story

game could be great but I'll never play it because those homos wasted a T7 DLC spot on this anime ass nobody joke of a character and I'll never forgive them.

Attached: image[1].jpg (720x720, 87K)

I had fun with it. It was comfy until the ending where it felt horribly fucking rushed and lacked emotional impact as a result.

No, it was really shit. Worst mainline FF next to XIII.

It's a mashup of a bunch of mediocre, half baked parts that don't really mesh together in a meaningful or satisfying way. The game doesn't do anything particularly well.

>road trip game thats all diplomacy and camping

what fits this?

This game would have been great if the gameplay basically extended to the driving, exploring, fishing, etc all noncombat stuff and then you have to be a diplomatic young prince with wRPG dialogue choices

the scene where you could see pre timeskip noctis in ignis’ sunglasses was kino

Pros
Ya bros
The intro was great when you’re just pushing the car
Fishing
Cons
Combat
The part of the story that isn’t the bros
Characters that aren’t your bros
Combat
From what I’ve gathered the game should’ve been a modern day fantasy fishing game about hanging out with your bros till your big day think hang over but instead of drinking and drugs it’s fishing

Also forgot to put the girls on pros

There was a moment where one of the characters says something like, "it's good to know that the gods are on our side" and I was on a chokobro in the middle of a big field with an amazing view, and the music kicked on after he said it and it was one of the biggest nerd chill gaming moments i felt. Game was great.

After getting out of the desert and seeing that the rest of the playable world was as sparse as said desert and that there wasn't going to be another map was such a fucking let down.

pretty much yeah.

Did you play the royal edition?

better than RDR2?

Everything except for story and graphics is better in 13

respool the line before it's too late

Yeah, the PC version.

>>everyone said it was shit
>taking the opinions of contrarian Yea Forumsirgins seriously
lmao

Noctis was surprisingly not as emo or edgy as his design would make you think. The characters and game just kind of go to shit once you hit Altissia.

enjoy it while you can.
I too thought it would be another great game.
Its turns out the feeling of the end of the game being right around the corner never goes away after you get into the base.
Worse in fact it actually is just around a corner. should be a 70 hour game but its really only 40 if you do side quests. It also makes no fucking sense after the hydra level. Like what the fuck even was that.

Attached: images (6).jpg (225x225, 12K)

it never would have gotten the budget it did if it were a new IP, and would have ended up even worse and with less content as a result.

lmfaooooo

Might be better then, I only played the vanilla released version on PS4, I want to check out the updated version but I also don't because I put too many hours into that trash. The boat looked cool

yeah if you tried to tell me that was final fantasy like 15 years ago i would have laughed at you. unfortunately we live in the worst timeline

you can literally do that with every final fantasy game.

it probably would've gotten a pretty good budget regardless because of Nomura

not XI
or XIV
or Tactics

>they thought it'd be cooler to give Gilgamesh one arm instead of multiple
Kinda fits the rest of the game with how the cut out areas and made a small empty map

Attached: gil.jpg (300x386, 57K)

I loved it truly. I am going to get the Ignis episode expansion.

It was great modern incarnation of the Warrior of Light theme.

I thought the same thing until I progressed far enough to leave the good part. After Altissia the game turns into an unfinished mess of a corridor simulator, and suddenly I understood where all the criticism is coming for. It's almost like another Xenogears disc2.
No matter how much I liked the open world part, the unfinished 2nd half made a very sour taste in the mouth.

The budget ran out by Altissia. Apparently Bahamut was the real antagonist, Luna would’ve be revived with demon magic and she’d have kids with Noctis and live happily ever after.

You know what he meant retard. MUH MMO!

Final Fantasy XV

Tactics ain't an MMO

The controls are frustrating and magic flasks should have their own menu like items. Other than that its a fun game

This game released a year and a half earlier by Square's old developer squad who left after being shunned. It completely blew the fuck out of FFXV, took 1/5th the time to develop, had 1/50th of the budget, was on weaker hardware, and the team had no experience with HD development at that point.

It's pathetic.

Attached: 1554811116010.jpg (4000x3930, 3.51M)

game?

If you mean the image, Xenoblade X

Looks like Xenoblade X

Jesus Christ you're fucking new. Lurk a few more years.

butthurt nintendies :)

wut

too bad xenoblade fucking sucks

I'm more of a PCfag desu

XBC2 sucks, XBC and XBX were great.

i fucked up also had quoted but mysteriously disappeared

It's also stuck on the pii u and nobody wants to fuck with that

All japanese games are bad. Bad writing. Bad graphics. Reused assets. Just awful.

I bought it.

To give you an idea of where I was pre-purchase, I loved FFVX despite it's flaws. It was like Deadly Premonition with a budget. A lot of great stuff, a lot of awful stuff. I bought all the DLC and mostly hated it, but the additions to the main game have been good (the royal edition stuff)

The VR fishing game sounded good on paper but it's literally the worst mostly waggly ass shit I've ever played in my life and the graphics are dogshit, even on a PS4 pro.

PSVR games aren't generally so hot, but this was beyond shit.

Not in XIII, X, IX, VI, VII, VIII, or really any of them except dogs it XV

crazy enough ff14 online scratched that XBC itch for me.

Attached: Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Super-Resolution 2018.02.28 - 13.20.07.36heyclose upp.jpg (4898x4373, 2.9M)

Yea agree. It's a great game.
Flawed, sure, but great.
I love the tone and the camaraderie.
Wish we got versus XIII though. Looked so much darker and heavier and I would have really digged that.

This but unironically. RDR2 was the epitome of soulless.

Attached: Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Super-Resolution 2018.03.09 - 00.17.43.93 Thumbnail.png (1920x1080, 3.78M)

>tfw we're not going to get a new singleplayer mainline FF game for another 30 years

Attached: ohhh.jpg (482x427, 61K)

>normal people
Oh ok. 4 bros.
>gays
I love each one of my special and unique boys.
*imagines every possible shipping combination*

Attached: Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Super-Resolution 2018.03.24 - 22.33.15.45DBZ.jpg (4833x5506, 3.77M)

iunno. The writing in FFXV is better, characters are better.

Damn the game looks really good.

bad game

That's like saying this dark shit is better than this brown shit.

Good point. It’s a movie.

That's because you played the better part of the game in my opinion. FFXV has two sides, never listen to anyone who tells you it's completely good or completely bad.
It's completely a Frankenstein monster of a game. Playing the camping simulator, dish watching, fantasy monster hunting part will give you an experience but playing the story of Lucis' prince fighting to restore his country and save the world from the night will give you another experience. The problem is they fucked up and these two experiences don't mesh at all. You either ignore one or the other, like one over the other and ultimately can you really say a game is good if you want to ignore half of it in order to enjoy it?

Attached: trying to think.png (600x639, 572K)

The game was a literal rehash of part 3 of JoJo
youtu.be/oxlNpmHRo3M?t=77

Attached: Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Super-Resolution 2018.03.07 - 18.45.55.45TOMLEE.jpg (3819x7651, 3.15M)

only people who never played it pretend its bad
its easily the best ff

Attached: IMG_20190720_165247.jpg (1364x2048, 421K)

How are you able to type with that level of brain damage? It's impressive how well you are doing. Good work user.

>all that fucking anachronistic sjw-ing and self loathing protagonist
>shit railroaded gameplay
>soulful in any way

Oh, I guess you aren't doing as well as I thought. Keep working on it user, you can do it.

Game was a massive letdown it was hyped up as this massive journey to save your future wife and once you leave the main world it basically turns into ff13. you can't even return to the main world to see how darkness affected everyone and why you need to stop it. it needed an epilogue real bad and felt unfinished

the combat is terrible movie-game shit, the world is boring and empty, the game looks and runs like ass on ps4, and there are no cute girls in your party. It's awful.

Stop replying to him retard.

What game are you talking about? We all want to stay far away after playing FFXV where none of that is true.

tfw no foreign grease monkey gf

t. kh fag

youtube.com/watch?v=SZymd6r4wGg

This trailer paints a way different story than what's in the game.

RDR2 is considered good fishing? It controls like shit

he goes Super Sayian God to defend his master

Are you his care taker? Try beating him more.

is it moddable?
it really seems the typical game that can be greatly improved (or even "fixed") with proper mods.
redesigned campaign like some anons said in the thread, and i would also say more recruitable companions (so you can make the road trip with different people, for replayability,)

The fishing is really the only reason I platinumed this game. So good.

but you can shoot or dynamite fish

>combat
somebody post THAT webm please
>world
driving around from boring side mission to boring side mission with nothing in between except the terrible combat
>looks and runs like ass on ps4
the ps4 version of the game has the worst aliasing I have ever seen and barely manages 30fps at any moment
>no cute girls in the party
I don't even need to explain this

It's fine that you like the game, I wanted to like it to, hence my buying it, but it's an absolutely dogshit game

Somebody ate an ORA too many times

It gave us the most based character of all time, 10/10

Attached: VhqS9xm.jpg (1793x1012, 90K)

the skin texture next to those eyes is grating as fuck

game sold millions and reviewed well, sure if you have good taste you recognize it's a weak experience but this simply doesn't apply to most people

it's japan's skyrim in that sense

neckbeards who spend more time posting online than actually playing vidya are not representative of the general population who actually buy and play video games at full price and publishers/devs are right to ignore them

ffxv

DUDE HES SO KINO
BASED AND REDPILLED

Attached: Final Fantasy XV Prompto Edition Super-Resolution .jpg (3662x6480, 3.51M)

>kingdom gets invaded, your father murdered
>you go on a happy go lucky road trip with your bros and have the time of your life
>said bros are complete non-entities whose sole purpose is to be yes-men to noctis, one of them is a fucking butler
>noctis is the most generic take on the chosen one possible

Not only is this some of the most atrocious writing ever to feature video game writing, but Square thought this shit needed to have a movie and an anime show to flesh it out? What on earth were they thinking?

Attached: 1553466874959.png (446x435, 250K)

You mean the best FF.

it always gets mentioned

ebin

Attached: justholdObro.webm (720x404, 2.79M)

you first zealfag

13 has no good music, world or gameplay and has no actual character, all it has is random designs walking down a hallway while you watch cutscenes to the same 1 song the entire "game"

>VSXIII
>King is a yakuza style mobster with a benevolent public face hiding the criminal reality
>Noctis is an insomniac who has difficulty distinguishing between when he's awake and dreaming
>the game flips between reality and dream sequences
>Luna has a much more prominent role in the game
>somewhere near the beginning of the story, Noctis murdered her, and spends the rest of the game slowly discovering what he did, while her ghostly presence speaks to him in his dreams

A lot of this stuff is still in the game, but it's buried so deep people won't notice it. The game is incredibly dark under the surface. It's odd how similar it is to MGSV in that way.

literally everyone talks about the bros and ardyn, the fuck rock are you living under?

only 1 person who was on older ff worked on xcx
and xcx was dogshit empty autobattle mmo tier trash

xcx also took longer to make and had more devs too

Attached: xcx-xv-2.jpg (1890x1584, 1.26M)

N-N-Noo--NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! MY NARRATIVE!!!

It's fucking bad. Holy shit why do you fucked keep saying it's good even though it obviously wasn't?

so it's kino

Attached: 1563125764299.gif (500x294, 1.99M)

I mean, as long as you understand that it's a science-fantasy roadtrip with the boys, then your expectations should be reasonably met.

nah, it was a journey to get back the crystal and reclaim the throne with a focus on brotherhood

also even the most linear part of xv is a fucking maze compared to ff13 let alone area maps in other FFs second halves

Attached: FF13-map-FFXV-map.jpg (3482x3437, 1.73M)

I paid $25 for the Royale edition and felt it was a waste of money. The combat feels clunky and has a stilted flow to it, the characters are generic and forgettable, and it sold so poorly in comparison to corporate expectation that it is literally never going to be finished.

nothing you said is true.

Attached: FINAL-FANTASY-XV_20161201014714.png (1920x1080, 3.41M)

Fuck sake, I thought the linear maps in FF13 would stop. Absolute trash.

>sold so poorly
Final Fantasy XV confirming that the game has now shipped 8.4 million copies worldwide.
Nov 12, 2018

>shipped

Look I agree with you, but at least don't lie about it selling poorly. Because it didn't.

omen trailer is an alt timeline where noct goes on his journey alone and becomes corrupted by the starscourge and kills luna himself, and its shown in an abstract way

the end with regis talking to the crystal is regis making his descision to sacrifice the kingdom to send noct on his journey with the bros instead

that's why it's called omen, its an omen regis had for a future he wanted to avoid, conceptually though a lot of the visual elements and things are reflected in the actual game, such as Luna mirroring noct which is a reference to how they're both on the same journey but seperate from one another, or noct losing access to his powers or to how noct see's regular people as niflheim soldiers, as just regular people, which reflects how he feels about prompto as just a regular guy and not his enemy

>meme arrow
Makers only care about shipped, individual stores care about sold. And in the year 2000 plus 10 plus 3 plus 6, they sold more than 8.4 mil for sure.

wrong on everything you said

Attached: gygcax-1mb.gif (240x138, 307K)

The director himself said they had a target goal of 10 million. 15% under desired sales lead to the ceasing of all additionally planned content for the game. My statement stands.

because it is

But user, XV made fucking mad profit, from the losses of Tomb Raider reboot and Deus Ex.

Although "really good" is an overstatement, I enjoyed it. But it's not something I'd play again.

It sold more than literally all other FFs in the same timespan and it sold 4m more than what the company expected it to sell which was only 5m, it sold over 9m atm

you need to unlock ascension and blink cancels otherwise you're playing wrong

Attached: xvarmiger2.webm (700x404, 2.86M)

Here is some FF9 areas.

Attached: 15456845y98850.jpg (1071x1248, 270K)

Holy DICKENS I saw this while googling:
>Final Fantasy XV: An New Empire, MZ’s strategy-focused mobile take on Square Enix’s exalted roleplaying franchise, grossed more during 2018 than most titles in the historically console-focused series have in their lifetimes. According to Sensor Tower Store Intelligence estimates, players spent $375 million worldwide in the game over the past 12 months, the equivalent of more than 6.2 million copies of a full-priced $60 console release.
sensortower.com/blog/final-fantasy-xv-a-new-empire-revenue-2018

Nope, sold, and its 9m+ now

Nope, he said 10m was only a personal goal not the companies target sales

he confirmed the companies target sales was 5m which XV hit on day 1, then hit 6m in its first month, then 8.4 by 2 years then 9m in 2 years 6 months

the only 2019 dlc that was cancelled were non canon alt timeline 2nd round of BONUS DLC, and they were cancelled when still in scripting, all canon planned dlc was all made and released and the 2017 and 2018 dlc were made by profits base XV made, also the reason they cancelled the 2019 non canon alt timeline DLC was because their new AAA IP for PS5 took priority over non canon alt timeline DLC that wasn't needed or originally planned to begin with

yeah the ffxv mobile game makes more than ff14, ff11 and dq10 combined

also SE announced a 2nd FFXV mobile game coming to china later in 2019 that amano did new artwork for, I'm guessing the this one will be similar to the DMC china mobile game

Attached: fyhv335.jpg (600x431, 44K)

Is that newest DLC any good, about the badguy?

I had fun with it. It had problems at the end because the story become rushed that even people new to video games could tell. The combat is very easy, it's all flashy and all you really do is mash the attack button and press some other buttons for nice effects. That seemed to kill it for most people here but hey, I was entertained by the pretty colors so it was enough for me.

The problem is the male characters are all faggy.

>all those costume mods that make Ignis look like a slut

Attached: 1511282012870.png (971x1103, 438K)

>chapter ends

>no more open world ever

this is why I didn't buy it

animal crossing: new horizons

>talk to magical dog
>get to travel back in the past to the open world portion of the game

but the entire game should have the freedom the first chapter has, and it doesn't.

The linear shit works better at that part though because that's when the story starts to get serious.

XIII is garbage and a complete slog to get through.

ardyn and the idea of the road trip was good. everything else about it is bad.

FFXV is a game that turns more horrible the more you think back to it. I thought it was mediocre at first, then below-average, and then this much time later I fucking despise it.

>13 has no good music

how is it possible to have such shit taste in music?

No.
The theme of having a comfy road trip with the boys is good
Literally all of the gameplay is shit

not quite as boring as 13 but still shit.

>TFW no episode Iris

Attached: 1487910659265.png (401x446, 296K)

The road trip was the only good part of it, everything else was trash.

Sure, if you don't care about any decent storyline and don't care about Final Fantasy games retaining their original gameplay.

>really good
No it was shit
The game looks like ass, the car is boring to drive (slow as fuck) the combat is bad and easy (stopped playing when I saw that just holding down X Noctis would fight enemies automatically) and the story is confusing. Who are my teammates? Why are we off to marry a princess?

Quit the game and uninstalled when I went for a drive and a giant monster came out of the ground looking like a PS2 ogre and killed my whole team
>NO IT WAS COMFY AND FUN AND I HATE YOU

right sorry I forgot that sometimes you hold square to defend yourself or L2 for a free summon or the fact that you can't even die and can hold like 1,000 items that can revive you

It's one of those games where numales try to justify to themselves that they had fun with long write-ups or youtube videos ("its more than the sum of its parts", "its only by the end that I realized it was a good game")

if this shit becomes a cult classic but FF12 didn't I'll fucking lose it

Attached: gun.jpg (1024x1015, 164K)

Looks comfy

>There is so much brilliance in this game
lol

I wanted to like it, I really did. But it's a mess, and a turd of what it was supposed to be. The world and the story are so forgettable and full of holes/inconsistencies, that it shouldn't even be called Final Fantasy. The Last Remnant was a better FF game than this garbage.

I'm just really REALLY fucking disappointed with this game. Recently tried XII for the first time and having a blast so far. Even the 'introductory' part is filled to the brim with exploration, memorable characters and content.

so I think I bought FFXV for the PS4 and not the royal edition
what even is the best version of this game? I think I want to analyze it a bit and go in depth with all it's mechanics, see if it's actually a decent action game when you unlock everything, the skill tree was fucking horrible so I barely bothered with it

cute imouto, would bang

Attached: PS_Messages_20180302_164806.jpg (1920x1080, 135K)

It would have been acceptable if the party dynamic was at all developed and there was more trivial interaction between.
Instead the game opens with them all in a car "just because" and they spend 20 hours walking around occasionally complaining it's too hot/cold

I don't know, I liked staying up all night and some others, they get tired and hungry
I don't think this game is good at all, but there were some things that were pretty enjoyable

Yeah but that's why it's a shit game. Spent years making all this mundane shit like a guy complaining about the rain or a particular enemy but no actual substance to the game itself. That stuff is cute for a bit, but ultimately the problem

That's the only good part. Fishing, camping, making food.
Combat and story are shit.

FFXV is not final fantasy, its a road trip simulator that's only good for stuff they polished - boy band traveling together, with some of the most realistic companion interactions i've seen in vidya.

But if you want real jrpg with twinks you better get Persona 5.

Attached: fish.jpg (1920x1080, 188K)

Reminder Gladious wants to bang her.

Attached: gladious.jpg (1920x1080, 206K)

Who wouldn't want to bang her? (well except Noctis)

Attached: 1520174975711.png (1080x1920, 2.33M)

>still upset people rightfully shit on RDR2

stay immersed

Still a better game in almost every way.

The problems are boring af missions (fetch quests, kill X and shit, You know the drill) and combat is obnoxiously bad, You don't really feel it, doesn't feel tight at all. There are also few controversial story design decisions. Well I think honestly the game has fucked up the potential of the game, what it could have been. But honestly no wonder, because the game was in development hell.

Attached: 9e8be692a08d5f7e9a4a6d0fc5250ea2.webm (1920x1080, 2.62M)

>half the arm clipping
Who makes this shit.

Honestly the best part about FFXV was the detail on their clothes/hair when you were fighting too long or when it was raining. Seeing Ignis' hair just turn into a flat mess while raining was hilarious.