I've never played an MMO in my life and I want to start now...

I've never played an MMO in my life and I want to start now. Is FFXIV the current go-to or is there something else worth playing?

Attached: 1550350487322.jpg (624x623, 261K)

just wait until classic WoW comes out and play that instead

why do we have the same threads over and over again, is this the meaning of insanity?

>and I want to start now
You think you do, but you don't

>inb4 the army of yoshida cocksuckers come to shill their themepark shit

play WoW classic. Will have a larger population than that other game

Attached: 1565292416008.jpg (2560x1440, 635K)

do they? I mean most of the threads, people ask to join ffxiv or people are saying they don't like xiv and most people are just saying it's not their type of game and they can quit.

WoWfags seething

Attached: destroyer of azeroth.jpg (1368x615, 240K)

not even wowfags give a shit about bfa, but stay obsessed

healers: wtf yoshi why do you keep simplifying my job all i do is press one button!
also healers: REEEEEEE why do people make me take a break from pressing this one button fuck OFF

>OP asks if XIV is worth playing
>>How dare people answer his fucking question ugh i can't even i am literally shaking at the thought

play the trial for a bit and look at later abilities, if you don't like the combat system and it doesn't look like later levels will fix issues you have with it then no reason to keep playing. Be sure to at least try each class type.

Try Dragon Age Inquisition first to see if you gonna like Tranny Fantasy

FFXIV is worth trying out if only because if you WANT to, you can treat it as a mostly singleplayer RPG and then delve more into the MMO aspects if you end up liking it.

Attached: 1558634236334.jpg (788x699, 35K)

Why are you telling OP to play a singleplayer MMO to see if he'll-- Oh!

Attached: 1539120167579.png (281x228, 77K)

if you like pvp then ESO. If you're a carebear then XIV

I wouldn't recommend ESO to my worse enemy, let alone random anons.

play black dessert

Attached: Kingdom-Death-Dark-Elf-Variant-01.jpg_backup.jpg (855x642, 275K)

I honestly wonder if the game is worth getting into just for the fap bait alone. No sub is very very tempting

If you've never played an MMO before I wouldn't recommend starting with FFXIV actually. It suffers from really kind of sucking through the base game so you're almost guaranteed to quit before making it to the expansions as a newcomer to the genre that hasn't built up the massive resistances to MMO bullshit that most players have.
And you could just buy the level and story skip to jump right into the good parts, but the problem is people who put up with all the bullshit initially will experience a much greater cathartic release when entering the GOOD content and will already be invested in the few characters that make the shitty plot bearable up until then so their development will have an even great impact on them.

So you basically can't have your cake and eat it too with FFXIV if you're a newcomer to MMOs.

TL;DR: Don't start your MMO career with a backloaded MMO like FFXIV, do it with a frontloaded one or an action oriented one.

Not everyone is bad at video games like you though.

wowbabs.....

>Grindy-ass freemium garbage
>Constant lag, English servers are behind on content
>Pay to not be inefficient, auction house is a raffle with set prices
>Veteran players are so bored they camp roads in groups to kill people who just hit level 50

Attached: 1535881083028.gif (500x200, 662K)

This is difficult as modern mmo's are no longer mmos but have become cinematic singleplayer games with optional matchmaking multiplayer.
A fucking minecraft community server is more MMO like than retail wow or ff14 is.
Classic wow is coming back but is tainted with modern bullshit like phasing and cross server battlegrounds which divide the community.

I know the game is dogshit, but that doesn't align with your dumpster tier taste. Clearly I must be bad at all video games because I don't like your fisher-price lore raping shitfest of an "MMO".

how are those bags faggot?

>2.5 SECOND GCD

Attached: 1565194474351.png (180x191, 135K)

Now that we finally got out of the way...
Come play SWGEmu, anons.

Newfags, shitters and WoW fags stay the FUCK away from my game. Go play anything else besides FFXIV, we're full.

Because this is a videogameboard and people talk about videogames you dumb fuck

>I know the game is dogshit
>that anger
You're post is like reading the hatemail of faggots that refuse to git gud lmao

You're conflating anger with disgust. I'd pity you if you weren't so self assured in your own shit taste.