WRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
KILLLLL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
RUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!
WRAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: Shotgunhybrid.jpg (207x300, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mtdQ5roMuEA
youtube.com/watch?v=rixzL5WlS-Y
youtu.be/rixzL5WlS-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=mQQYbd5WFrk
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/System_Shock_2
moddb.com/mods/system-shock-infinite
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/System_Shock:_Enhanced_Edition
systemshock.org/index.php?topic=7116.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

just started this game and im on the third level of the ship
what am i in for bros?????

I have no ammo but they keep spawning

Attached: 1556760798564.jpg (510x510, 17K)

the enemies were so much better in 1, still a great game

Why do you upload photos of me

Downhill

youtube.com/watch?v=mtdQ5roMuEA

schwak* shcwak* schwak*
WRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
RUN!
WRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
KILL- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AWRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: images (7).jpg (234x215, 9K)

use a mod that stops them respawning.
I really wish a mod would come out that left ambush events in and alert respawns but disabled respawning in general

git gud, you can kill most if not all enemies easily with just meele

WRRRRRRRR
STOP
FFFFFFFFRRRRRRRR

Attached: Maintenancebot.jpg (288x300, 35K)

>peek head around corner
>this fucker in now CLANKING towards you at full on jogger pace
what do?

Attached: Protocol_droid.jpg (231x377, 86K)

SSSIIIIILENCE THE DISCOOOORRRRRRD

Wait for him to come to me and move behind a wall right when his self destruct starts.

>BEEP
>warning,
>There is a class one intrusion alert in "Your area"
>BEEP
how fucked are you Yea Forums?

Attached: 1e908a2fcefa1142100882d3d09f722fe7c2dc91_full.jpg (184x184, 10K)

>Glory to the Many. I am a voice in their choir

What are some ideal builds for first playthroughs?
Tryed gong commando thinking that is was the basic bitch jack of all trades build and i got railed by everything.

Marine guns and wrench build

>navy
>into hacking melee
>some guns
>just enough repair and modify
>rest into psy later in game.
this is what im doing right now so who knows

Wrench with the wrench

The AS is the most powerful thing in the game IIRC, so gunz work well enough.

the OST is so fucking good, honestly it single handedly got me into techno.

I used to replay this game with a healthy dose of gun maintenance until I realized psi is worth it alone for anti entropy field. Fuck gun repair, I'll just hotkey my wizard spell that makes nothing break.

>alarm sounds
>1 bullet left

Attached: 1552067406774.gif (320x320, 3.13M)

Do you think SS2 would be scarier with the modern HD graphics or not?
Like, if everything stays the same but with, like, Doom 2016 level graphics

depends on if you find dead space 1 scary

I think it was worse knowing that they are always coming after you at anytime more than the encounter.

I don't think it would be scarier and I don't know if I would enjoy it as much. I still really like the first Silent Hill and sometimes the older graphics help give it a unique feel.

>Hi there!

Attached: ss2a.jpg (1200x750, 114K)

I need to play the first game, should I play the original or the remade version?

learn the way of the wrench, my son
have sex

>y-you want me to make what?
>w-well o-okay, b-but JUST THIS ONCE OKAY!?
>p-promise?...

Attached: ss2a.jpg (1200x750, 117K)

If you mean enhanced edition yeah go for it

*violates her security protocols*

>walk through 2 sets of doors
>hear 1st door closing
>hear 2nd door closing
>hear 3rd door... closing?

youtube.com/watch?v=rixzL5WlS-Y

So does this game have a robust modding community like Thief?

JOIN US

Attached: DromEd_Object_Model_haunt01.jpg (384x684, 18K)

I DO NOT KNOW

Attached: worker bot.jpg (300x225, 18K)

>YOU WANT TO DO WHAT?!
>YOU WANT TO PUT THAT W-WHERE?!?

Attached: WHAT.jpg (1200x927, 125K)

yes

>*clang *clank *clank
>wwWWHRRRRRR
>BtZtztztzt
>ooo00000o11o1oo10101010101
>*clang *clank *pssst
>*chlop *chlop *chlop

Attached: ohahhAHHOiiOooaoOOooo.jpg (464x256, 27K)

youtu.be/rixzL5WlS-Y

Obligatory

>Oh high there!
>D-do you want anything?
>D-do you need anything?
>d-do you want me to do anything? I'll BE A GOOD REP THIS TIME I PROMISE!
>...
>oh whats that you ask?
>nothing just...uhh YOU CAN NEVER BE TO PREPARED!

Attached: adsasfg.jpg (1200x750, 122K)

Attached: 1565237810747.png (903x720, 326K)

YOUR SONG
IS NOT OURS

Attached: L6cPkQU.png (691x597, 16K)

i appreciate any oc, but this is cringe to be honest

sysem shock finally has it's own Recut, too we don't have quotes to spam the threads for the next five years

what are you, gay?

A MALFUNCTION

more like valueRAPE amirite

Attached: clever.png (401x318, 29K)

YES
YES

>he doesnt whack em with the wrench
Get the fuck out of here

i always make it a point not to kill these guys because as my enemy i'm not going to do what pleases them

>he doesnt run at them at mach 4 speed breaking his entire body on enemy killing him and yourself in the process
git gut

I have 68 cyber modules and Im on deck three. what do I invest in?

Dump it all into maintenance

I did a psy melee build on my first playthrough and it was completely busted for sure.
I was playing on HARD and I guess the first 3 hours were a bit tough but then I was literally cruising jumping around in levels one-hitting everything with the based Wrench.
You get powers for almost everything. Run faster, hit harder, hack easier. Eventually I would go invisible and start running through a level so fast I was constantly hitting walls and if I accidentally jumped I would take fucking FALL DAMAGE.
I basically pooled all my ressources into psy hypos and I had infinite healing, infinite energy on demand, speedhacks and onehitting every single mob.
My only mistake is that one time I ditched the Wrench for the laser rapier, and started to get butt-fucked by spiders, so I had to backtrack to get the Wrench back and then cruised to the end of the game. Honestly never had such a feeling of going from Prey to Predator so quickly. I remember shitting myself the first hour and then before I realized it's like the game turned into doom or something.

did you have any cyber modules left over for other things? what os upgrades did you take?

Start liftin' bro. With some muscle your wrench is a weapon of mass destruction.

The two melee ones (one is just a percentage increase, other gives you an overhead attack which was overkill for most of the enemies except the really beefy ones that I could only oneshot with it) then the double implant one, probablt the best OS upgrade in the game. Last one I think I went for the price discount so I could stack up hypos. That's the only thing about this build, you will chug hypos like a crack addict, but I finished the game with like 30+ in my inventory so it wasn't an issue.

I did have left over modules, but as I said I was only playing on HARD so if you're going IMPOSSIBLE you will have less. I used the spare ones to bump energy weapons, my logic was since I have infinite energy through psy bullshit, might as well be good with the pistol which I mostly used for these annoying cunt robots that explode in your face and are kinda annoying for melee. Remember laser pistol has two modes, overcharge mode is great.
Also put some modules in hacking obviously, I was able to hack everything along the way with the cyber psy boost, except the last few containers that I had to mark and backtrack a few hours later when I finally maxed hacking.
For stats maxed psy, then a bit of end, str and agi.
What I can also recommend if you don't care as much about hacking or energy weapons, is to go research and exotics, there is a certain melee weapon that will actually oneshot everything without overhead strikes, but IMO it's overkill and the utility of energy pistol was appreciated in my run.

MED SCI 1 STARTS PLAYING.
youtube.com/watch?v=mQQYbd5WFrk

Activate my fire aura, which is supposed to cause damage to me but actually makes me immune to all fire damage, including from droid explosions

Or just peek my head back behind the corner if it's only one droid.

Okay guys I might be retarded. Im to worried about putting things in the wrong skill to put any into anything. I have over 100 CMs and 1000 nanites because I'm not buying anything either. I'm progressing steadily but I feel like a fucking hobo on meth ruining through the station. Am I playing it wrong?

Attached: 1543292045846.gif (540x300, 2.84M)

>Am I playing it wrong?
Not exactly. Until I'm familiar with a game I usually save up skill points until I'm really sure about what to spend them on too. Points into strength/agility/standard weapons/maintenance should be enough to get you through the game if you want to do a basic build, and you should still have plenty of points for hacking/cybernetics, or heavy weapons, or whatever else you want.

Just dont get repair

should I throw away repair mods?

That's pretty much standard SS2 experience for a first playthrough. The way the game rewards you with CM's is kinda designed so that you stock up on them and use them to solve whatever problem you encounter (usually by using them to access tools the game offers you). I always would keep 50+ ish availlable to use in case I find a weapon or something new I want to try.

The repair items? I keep them just in case I ever forget to use a maintenance tool on my weapon and it ends up breaking.

So what's the story behind the final cutscene? did they run out of time or what? I was genuinely very confused.

Attached: 1504213257799.gif (640x406, 464K)

Dont question it
Just embrace it

The original hybrids are uncanny and unsettling to look at because they are so low-definition. As convenient as it happens to be for games from this time period, it plays into the fear of the unknown. Fact is that if you can see the monster in clear detail, it stops being scary.

If you made high-definition models for them, you'd at the same time have to figure out some godlike stylized way of obscuring detail on them to keep them purposefully uncanny, and I doubt there's an artist that can pull that off simply by replacing the models in the game and leaving the physics and everything else untouched.

IIRC, they had no budget left and it was kinda thrown together at the last minute.
The Nah with the zoom in and cartoon sound effect does look like a secret ending you'd find on Silent Hill instead of the canon ending but who knows. I don't think Levine or Spector ever went into detail about it.

Attached: 1453361677616.jpg (1920x1080, 414K)

Hard to say. I still find low poly stuff scarier than some highly detailed 3D model. I've seen some attempts at the Midwife in better 3D and it just loses something.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Have you used exotic weapons on your first playthrough? Did you used them at all?

Attached: Viralproliferator.jpg (310x177, 9K)

sssssssssssssssssssssss :)

Attached: Annelidarachnidadult.jpg (300x273, 23K)

I think the people making the cutscenes made that one without asking the other devs what they actually wanted for the ending, and by the time they saw it there wasn't enough time or money left to make something else.

Everyone has already said it but it bears repeating

The wrench user

they wrote it in the script as a joke to be changed and then it got made because they ran out of time and didnt communicate before crunch time

is this thread just 1 guy samefagging?
anyways, NAVY GANG NAVY GANG

>Play a melee build
>find laser rapier, remember the days of laser rapier in SS1 and start pumping agi and energy to use it
>melting everything with it, shit is glorious
>then THESE FUCKERS show up

fucking ptsd from them. AND THEIR HITBOX FOR MELEE IS SO FUCKIGN WEIRD TOO. God I hated them more than anything else in the game, pure fucking cancer.

Waaaaa mommy the grafix where are the grafixxx?

What was this game even about? I remember the gameplay being on a broken space ship, and some lady telling me what to do. I forget why I'm there or what my goal was.

I actually like Repair.

Avoiding big spoilers, you woke up on a ship with no memory, ship is broken and messed up because an AI took over. But you realize quickly something took over the AI itself. The person who woke you up tells you you were in a coma after volunteering to undergo cybernetic enhancements, your goal is to use your new cyber-body to get the shit back under control.

>be 12 years old
>puberty just started, discovering sexuality and starting to look at certain pixels (tomb raider) in a certain way if you catch my drift
>get my hands on SS2 somehow, and give it a go
>game is terrifying but it has this problem solving feeling and I keep coming back to it making it further every time, only to be rewarded like a rat with some delicious cyber modules
>then shodan shows up
>You are a remarkable example of a pathetic species. Transmitting cybernetic modules.
>I'm being insulted by this scary AI but my brain releases dopamin at the sound of the CM's being transfered
>Not bad... for a pathetic insect. Transmitting cybernetic modules.
>start getting a confused erection and suddenly want to please shodan very badly
>Thank you for running my errands, puppet. I know you have st-st-struggled
>Feel blessed and thankfull that my master shodan recognizes my struggle
>Do not dawdle. I lust for my revenge.
>open inventory and pop a speed booster, anything for my master

It took me TEN FUCKING YEARS later, when I replayed the game as a grown man to understand this was the origin of my femdom fetish, without a doubt. Fuck this game and what it has done to me

do people not know of the lean forward mechanic? i found it great for melee

any must have mods to make this game upto par for modern standards?

wrench is actually op in ss2 and you don't need anything else for early game

you do need ammo in lategame though, especially at the end when it turns into serious sam for a few minutes

I played the gog version Vanilla a month ago and it felt amazing. Not kidding, the game looks fine and feels better than most modern first person games. The movement feels great.

I have the steam version but never bothered to play it, are they pretty much the same?

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/System_Shock_2
this should help, also its a great website for other older games too

thanks downloading now

Not quite. The gog actually has some stuff fixed (such as fire aura somehow making you immune to explosions when it shouldn't) that the steam doesn't.
Also, my friend tried to play it on steam and said the game kept crashing constantly, suggested he tries GOG and it ran smoothly for him, so take that as you will, but personally I'd just pirate a GOG version or smth.

also a very interesting mod is out there
moddb.com/mods/system-shock-infinite
but I dont recommend it on your first playthrough

'98 bab here
Never played system shock games, do they still run on modern machines? If I do start up 1 or 2 what should i know going in?

Attached: Fib2sWc.png (282x300, 78K)

they work flawlessly, I got you senpai
for 1st ss, read this
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/System_Shock:_Enhanced_Edition
for 2nd,
this
I recommend gog, but do what you what

>Saving all the pistol ammo you find until you get the AR so you have enough bullets to spare you can full-auto everything

Attached: 1561546362945.gif (316x306, 541K)

Cheers user

Get this systemshock.org/index.php?topic=7116.0

- the site also has some texture packs like SHTUP, Vurts Flora Overhaul and Tacticools Weapon Replacers (because the original models are just ugly)

Attached: Shock2 2019.jpg (1920x1080, 763K)

Why did all the models move like the jester from that one limmy skit?

I'm sorry SS2 made you into a cuck user.

Best game ever desu, how can a survival horror be so fast and fun. Every level is amazing although shodans realm is way too easy