Guys the Devil May Cry games are so kino, from the music, the characters, the boss fights...

Guys the Devil May Cry games are so kino, from the music, the characters, the boss fights, regular enemies and a lot of the other stuff.
There's literally no other game that makes me feel the way that this game series does.

Attached: 0afc2e8948c7d3903a976af202f728b1.jpg (650x837, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/devilmaycry5/mods/353
youtube.com/watch?v=pMhem6M5gWc
youtube.com/watch?v=FIpE0iKYFqk
youtube.com/watch?v=b5v7NLT5fS0
youtube.com/watch?v=Lclc5sls3jM
youtube.com/watch?v=f81xmW8jBm8
youtube.com/watch?v=9u11D_uvqDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VtpiN_MSyq8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder that Yea Forums are Itsuno fans that hate DMC1.

I just like DMC3 okay

Attached: 1564461307022.jpg (560x416, 115K)

I have nothing against DMC1. But Itsuno it's where it's at. Any news on the anime?

Same

Attached: 1549844794006.jpg (280x330, 19K)

>Reminder that Yea Forums are Itsuno fans that hate DMC1.
>some bad seeds account for everyone

this. Yea Forums has absolutely no respect for DMC1, have no respect for the roots of the franchise, and aren't even good at DMC1 nor the other DMC games. Yea Forums is just a bunch of HD collection newfags.

>hd collection newfags
>tfw go back play dmc 1 on ps2
>regular attack is mapped to circle

Attached: sonig.png (104x75, 21K)

based.

Attached: dmr.jpg (400x400, 32K)

I agree except for DMC5

Not all of us.

It's a weird thing with a lot of my favorite franchises, that they start out one way but the sequels focus on something else and everyone wonders why they're not as good.

For example, DMC1 had a lot of survival horror to it. Same with Jurassic Park, that original had a lot of horror elements, it was borderline a horror movie more than an adventure or science fiction film. When you focus on 'what it does right' or get rid of the pointless or unnecessary elements of the original you lose something intangible. You spend all this time making the thing 'better' by removing of the things that the original was founded on but you consider trivial leaving only the checklist version of what it was and by the time you're done it's practically unrecognizable.

For example:
-Genetically created dinosaurs in the modern day
-T-Rex roar
-Scary velociraptors
-Dinosaurs attack humans
-Humans want to steal dinosaurs and a shallow moral around that
There. That's all you need to make a Jurassic Park movie. That's all you need. Not like things like tension, atmosphere, genuine awe, proper use of subtlety and shock or other bullshit things made that movie. No, it was special effects, stock characters and action sequences. Who cares about memorable, we're trying to sell tickets here.

Attached: Door.png (512x512, 141K)

Attached: 0275539B-2C47-4C06-87E0-DDE8E7DAEB8E.jpg (1280x720, 290K)

What do ya'll find so good about DMC? Finished 5 up a few weeks ago, my first DMC, and it felt pretty underwhelming.

Hell yeah, dude.

Attached: 1548708919866.png (587x683, 145K)

The storytelling in DMC1, 3, 4, heck even the anime. The combat too, especially in 3 and 4 but the story is what makes DMC special and long lasting to me. A tale of the legacy of brothers and a father set in neo gothic locations. Even though there was a director swap and they were made out of order they really feel like a coherent story. Vergil dies in 3 and Dante in 1 deals with the depression of losing his brother. In 4 Vergil's will is passed on to Nero who obtained the power Vergil was looking for but Nero found the power to protect. Ofc, DMC 5 literally shits on this in the first 10 minutes when Vergil teleports in and tears off Nero's arm, erasing all of his character development. Bringing Vergil back was stupid since he was already redeemed at the end of 3. Patty and Morrison in 5 are just insulting to anyone who liked the anime. Why bring back characters if they're going to be nothing like what they were before? If you're going to make Morrison black then you might as well keep Patty young, a little girl commanding around Dante is the charm point of her character. 5 also fails to iterate on 4 's combat and it's level design is nothing like old DMC games. Like really you fight this cool eletric knight boss in a fucking generic city? 5 was supremely disappointing as a DMC fan.

When I was in school I was studying CG and for the first time the internet was becoming broadly available so me and a few friends in class were checking out PS2 japanese websites and we ran into the Onimusha and DMC1 sites and Onimusha looked insane but DMC was impossible. At the time I only ever played PS1 and previous systems so I couldn't figure out how you would even play this game. How do you aim up and shot in this game?

Well, I never got to play RE games so for me, when I first played this game, it was this very unique atmosphere and Dante was full of drive and confidence. The game was both scary and action packed. By today's standards it's rather humble but back then it was fucking nuts. Both Dante and the game were something impressive and unique. I've only found those things in games like Onimusha and REmake, but Dante from back then has been rather unique, even in his own franchise.

Attached: Daigo_Ikeno_Dante.png (562x743, 1.06M)

>DMC5 is first game
>”it’s underwhelming”

>literally has no idea what made DMC good to even begin with.

Of course you don’t know what makes it good,hell no amount of explaining will do anyone who wasn’t there when DMC4:SE was announced and was an OG who bought 3 copies.

You had to have been there.

And that is why the franchise has been in danger so many times. Because you had to be there.

No game can satisfy everyone and DMC has been trying to do just that. What are you are not allowed to change things, when everyone else is moving on and evolving while you are stuck taking baby steps. To make a game for everyone, combo fags and noobs, is not possible. You make one for noobs the combo a'holes who've spent the last 15 years using the same moves shit talk your game till their fingers bleed but if you make a game only for combo fags you'll lose the interest of any new potential players and will be forced to shut down anyway.

This is where DMC is. Trapped in shit storm of its own popularity unable to progress enough to call it progress, just additions, and unable to grab the attention of new players because you had to be there from the beginning, long ago to get it. I can't think of any other series that is in such a scenario.

>hate DMC 1
>literally describes DMC 1 as Yea Forumscore
way to out yourself newfag

>ya'll
ignored and filtered

coop mod
nexusmods.com/devilmaycry5/mods/353

I disagree, you can satisfy both combofags (which I would say are part of DMC since combat should be stylish) and "noobs". You literally have auto mode for them since the very beginning, and Nero is very simple to get used to. And they can always make more difficulty modes for those with diffrent needs, like a difficulty with bloated healthpools for those austist, and another one with a balance similar to DMC1. And V is a pretty new thing to the series and the genre as a whole, so it isn't just stuck with the same old ideas.
And the story was a fresh start more than once already, DMC1 was a start, DMC2 had nothing to do with 1, DMC3 was a prequel so a welcome to new comers, DMC4 had a new protagonist so it was also welcoming to new comers. DMC5 was the only one that felt like a sequel.

Attached: EBHheKbXYAA_tKU.jpg (981x668, 77K)

Speak for yourself:
DMC5 > DMC1=3SE=4SE > 4 > DmC: DE > 2 = DmC

>You literally have auto mode
It's that how it should be? If you can't play use auto mode. Do you really think that's why people play games, to have the game do everything for you when you can't? Think about that, think about how you'd react to a game like that. With Dante there is no learning curve. You either know how to play as him from all those years ago or you don't. They dump an entire game's worth of mechanics on you with a small explanation at the start of his levels and off you go. A game is supposed to teach you how to play it by introducing you to its mechanics a bit at a time but if you are new and you are given so much right off the bat it's all very unwelcoming and overwhelming, but that doesn't mean people want the game to play itself.

Difficulty is not the issue, it's trying to please too many people by just adding characters instead of laying out a learning proper curve, which you can't do quarter of a dozen different characters.

>And the story was a fresh start more than once already
It's not the story that needs a fresh start. Every game except 5 has been made with the intention of bringing in new audiences into by way of those things you just mentioned.

1 is still my favorite

tfw dmc5 is helping me with nofap

when does pied go away bros, i want to be free of jewish control....

Try Bayo 1-2 and make sure you unlock all weapons as a DMC Fan i cannot belive an other DMC fan who tells me dosen't like bayonetta, you can even play bayonetta like you would play DMC, you can lock on side roll to Dodge and it even has a katana that mix yamato and rebellion combos but add a touch of God of war and sparkles of Mario Galaxy to the mix , it' s beautiful just play it already

It's so well paced it's hard to stop before the end , i agree DMC 1 is the best

>It's that how it should be? If you can't play use auto mode
No, it's if you're complete shit, and want to see how would the computer do it for you. Dante isn't even that confusing, just pick up two guns, two swords, and stick with a style that you like, and if you feel fancy, switch between them whenever you like. You don't need to claw, or do anything special. You can even train with him in the void. I don't see how he is overwhelming, you already played 8 or so Nero mission before you get to play as him, the base mechanics of the game should be clear.
>Difficulty is not the issue, it's trying to please too many people by just adding characters instead of laying out a learning proper curve, which you can't do quarter of a dozen different characters.
What kind of curve are you proposing?

Bayo is amazing and I love it to bits. But I agree with OP that the DMC series feels really unique even among a sea of action games.
Bayo 3 news fucking WHEN?

Attached: Luka_and_His_Girls_-_Bayo1_Art.png (703x494, 491K)

Yeah, 1 is shorter than the later games but I've still played through the entire thing in one sitting multiple times. I like that it's not too heavy on cutscenes either and they're all fairly short, I still like watching them when I play too.

Post webm fighting ingame.

This is just a hypothesis but I think they're waiting for Astral Chain to drop. If they release news they might become victims of their own game's popularity.

>What kind of curve are you proposing?
Limited to one style. Level up, unlock two, get you used to switching between the two. Level up to unlock a 3rd and by the time you have 3 you'll have the muscle memory of two ingrained. 2 is easier to learn than 3 but by the time you have two mastered a 3rd one won't be so bad and then unlock the 4th. Just like how you unlocked the levels of your styles in DMC3.

Same concept for weapon slots. You can unlock more weapon slots as you go and, for fucks sake, let people switch out their load out in the pause menu so that you can have up to 15 weapons you can unlock, not just variations on the same sword plus 2 or three more you unlock as you go. Same principle as the stylesm once you're used to having set number and want to have more you just have to grind a little.

>Limited to one style. Level up, unlock two, get you used to switching between the two. Level up to unlock a 3rd and by the time you have 3 you'll have the muscle memory of two ingrained.
How's that any better than just letting someone play while all four styles are there? He could just stick with one than switch to another to try it out, until he gets the hang of all of them.
And the leveling up the styles in 3 was kinda shit, I accidentally overwritten my Dante save with Vergil and now I'll have to start grinding to level up all my Dante styles all over again, shit sucks.
>Same concept for weapon slots. You can unlock more weapon slots as you go and, for fucks sake, let people switch out their load out in the pause menu so that you can have up to 15 weapons you can unlock
What's wrong with the weapon slots in 5? You start with two and unlock one by one each mission, and you can change your load out in the divinity statue. I don't see how would that make Dante more digestible to newcomers

>How's that any better than just letting someone play while all four styles are there? He could just stick with one than switch to another to try it out, until he gets the hang of all of them.
Why not just unlock every move and every weapon from the start and let people just stick with one. That is what you are proposing, give them everything right off the bat. That should be how all games play. In fact, why does Nero even need to gather abilities in 4? Why does every character not just start off with everything? Overwhelm the player? What? That's stupid. Games are dumb for not having realize this sooner.

>I accidentally overwritten my Dante save with Vergil and now I'll have to start grinding to level up all my Dante styles all over again, shit sucks.
That's not the leveling system's fault, that's the save system's fault.

What's wrong with the weapon slots in 5?
I'd say nothing if it was just Dante's game, but you only play as him for a 3rd of a full game and you are given the materials of an entire one in that time span.

>you can change your load out in the divinity statue.
Yeah, why, though? Why can't you just use the pause button to change your weapons? Because you'd have to pause the actions? So what? It's called player choice.

>I don't see how would that make Dante more digestible to newcomers
Yeah, from your response that's obvious. The git gud attitude alienates people. It's unwelcoming and it creates an elitist reputation for a game. Even souls games start you out with a basic load out and give you more things gradually and those tossers are the definition of git gud elitists.

How is the Devil May Cry 5 board game?

>Why not just unlock every move and every weapon from the start and let people just stick with one.
Because the four styles are very much Dante's base moveset. He unlocks moves from the styles themselves, you don't need to unlock rebellion and ebony and Ivory, you don't need to unlock red queen and blue rose, these things are important for the characters playstyle. And the breakers don't have more moves to unlock within themselves, they're each unique to themeselves and are handed in pretty fast in the game, that they feel kinda overwhelming too, for some.
>That's not the leveling system's fault, that's the save system's fault.
Yeah but still, I'm fine with how the styles are just levels that you buy with red orbs
>but you only play as him for a 3rd of a full game and you are given the materials of an entire one in that time span.
Than you replay the game again, with him and in bloody palace since replayability is encouraged
>Yeah, why, though? Why can't you just use the pause button to change your weapons? Because you'd have to pause the actions? So what? It's called player choice.
Maybe long loading screens? I don't know, you seem to be bothered about something very insignificant, since you can already choose the load out you want, albeit through the statue
>Yeah, from your response that's obvious. The git gud attitude alienates people. It's unwelcoming and it creates an elitist reputation for a game
I don't know man, Nero is simple to understand and is a pretty good enough curve for Dante, no? Why would changing a weapon be confusing? Why would switch a style be confusing? Were you confused when you started with Nioh with all 3 stand? And I'm not an elitist, sorry if it looked like that, I'm happy with anyone that wants to get into the series, but than again it would be strange to start with the latest entry instead of checking the older titles

>Because the four styles
I do hope you realize I was being facetious. Starting someone out with the basic set and letting them get their feet wet before forcing them to the deep end of the pool is what I'm advocating.

>levels that you buy with red orbs
Yeah, because DMC5 gives out orbs like candy. Everything in 5 revolves around orbs. That's not interesting. Sure, you might be ok with it, but long term, the game is just meh. That kind of reward system feels cheap and so basic and universally the same. Some of the best games I can think of have different forms of rewards to get things. Okami has gratitude, money and demon horns, each get you something different. Here, it's all the same.

>Than you replay the game again, with him and in bloody palace since replayability is encouraged
But if you didn't have a good time on your first playthrough why would you bother to play again. If you feel overwhelmed and that you're pushing through just to get to the one character you KNOW, the one you've been growing with and opposed to the one you are forced to, how likely are you to play again?

>Maybe long loading screens?
That's not a reasonable excuse when you can have almost 20 different weapons and over 10 accessories that drastically change your playing style in Bayonetta on last gen systems and the Switch without a loading screen every time you equip.

>you seem to be bothered about something very insignificant
Do you know why DmC and DMC4 had less weapons, possibly combined, than DMC3? Because they wanted you to have access to ALL your weapons on the fly but since having around 10 weapons was too much, that 3 of each, melee and projectile, would be more manageable for the player, they only made that many.

>Why would changing a weapon be confusing?
It wouldn't. Changing weapons isn't the issue.

>Why switch a style be confusing?
A style. changing 2 isn't. Changing 4 from the very beginning? That's a bit more to juggle.

>Do you know why DmC and DMC4 had less weapons, possibly combined, than DMC3? Because they wanted you to have access to ALL your weapons on the fly
That seems like an odd justification. No reason they can't just let you change loadout during the pause menu in a similar way to the first game. 3 making you only able to change your loadout at statues or mission select was a pretty big flaw IMO.

That is definitely my perspective and what I'm advocating as well.

>I do hope you realize I was being facetious
I am aware. And the starting four styles aren't complicated press up and you have a dodge button, press right and you have a second attack button, press down and you have a parry mechanic, press left and you can shoot in different ways. play more and you get more moves for them. Seems pretty simple to me.
>Yeah, because DMC5 gives out orbs like candy. Everything in 5 revolves around orbs. That's not interesting. Sure, you might be ok with it, but long term, the game is just meh.
I mean, if you want different ways of unlocking moves than you could've just said so, doesn't really make it any better for newbies.
>But if you didn't have a good time on your first playthrough why would you bother to play again.
I'm pretty sure everyone finds Dante fun to play, the game itself is very fun, that is something everyone is in agreement on (aren't they?). And if you like Nero you also have to practice his exceed mechanics and find ways to use breakers in your combos, while with Dante you have to practice him changing a weapon and a style.
>That's not a reasonable excuse when you can have almost 20 different weapons and over 10 accessories that drastically change your playing style in Bayonetta on last gen systems and the Switch without a loading screen every time you equip.
Bayonetta doesnt have the graphical fidelity of DMC5, but that's besides the point now. Are you really just bothered about something really just there to have the Divinty statue be mor useful?
>Do you know why DmC and DMC4 had less weapons, possibly combined, than DMC3
DMC4 because it was rushed and DmC because it was casualized. Having all the weapons on the fly is an option in 5 or you could also just limit yourself
>Changing 4 from the very beginning? That's a bit more to juggle
Than just change between two, or even stick with one you like since they're all very useful on their own.

>press up and you have a dodge button,
Don't go there. A dodge function shouldn't require 3 inputs to pull off and I don't care how much people here insist it's easier to dodge with either lck-on+jump+direction, a single buttons is far simpler and efficient.

>Seems pretty simple to me.
Is it? So everyone should be able to pull off everything from the very beginning. If it was simple it wouldn't require practice.

>I'm pretty sure everyone finds Dante fun to play,
Yeah, and if you don't you know what happens to those who don't agree with everyone. Yeah, people have complained and people have asked and every time they've been told when they can go with their opinions.

>And if you like Nero
Sure, but you have to get through every character to beat the game. Doesn't matter if you like them or don't.

>Bayonetta doesnt have the graphical fidelity of DMC5
To that I'd say I rather have the combat over the pretty graphics.

>Having all the weapons on the fly is an option in 5
That wasn't my point. It was that in order to have all the weapons available on they fly they only made a fraction of what they had before rather than letting you change your loadout in a weapons meny like every other game ever.

>Are you really just bothered about something really just there to have the Divinty statue be mor useful?
I'm bothered that I HAVE to use it for something I shouldn't have to.

>Than just change between two or stick with one
Seriously? Is that how it should work? That is awful game design. Again, I refer to my previous argument. Imagine any game and give the player all the unlockables right off the bat and tell them, just stick to one. That's not how gamplay discovery works. It's get used to this, cool, now try this new toy and so on, not have all the toys at once even if you only have a vague idea how each works.

DMC1 had the most quality.

Too bad about the HD port.

Attached: 03.gif (300x200, 19K)

I'm still mad that the skybox effect in mission 19 was broken in them. I always really liked seeing it because it contributed so much to the ominous atmosphere, and the music for that area was even titled to be related to the effect.

I like DMC1 a lot
I'm planning to do a S rank DMD run, not sure if I could do no damage because I'd want to beat the bosses by using the more risky and rewarding strategies instead of playing it safe and some sections might drive me insane
going to do it on the ps2 version too, on original hardware and all
I've always wanted to talk at length about comparisons from DMC1 to 3 and onward but never have really been able to

Attached: 1537755925714.png (330x308, 92K)

DMC1 has the best fist weapon
but man the Mundus fights suck dick

We've only had a proper city setting in DMC2 and firstly the game kinda sucked and secondly it was a PS2 graphics city so it think a generic city setting is good in DMC5.
I'd hate to see your post go without a reply because i agree with you and mostly people here don't seem to understand when you mention the meaning behind things like plot points, i thought DMC5's cutscenes were not exciting to look at and character motivations were fumbled in places.
They could have done things differently but now that's what we have and i sure ain't about to go play DMC4 again.

When I play the game I emulate the Japanese version. It's in Japanese but it is my favorite game so I all but know it by heart. It has the right everything and it has the controller layout I prefer. I don't think the PS2 version had Spanish support, anyway.

I wish DMC2 was done better

Attached: LUCIA BUSTY.png (1051x1432, 880K)

>Don't go there. A dodge function shouldn't require 3 inputs to pull off
Just jump, lol, You can do it three times. Also trickster and Gerbera
>Is it? So everyone should be able to pull off everything from the very beginning. If it was simple it wouldn't require practice
Royalguard is simple but still requires practice, just because it's simple doesn't mean it doesnt need practice to be good at the same with exceed.
>Yeah, and if you don't you know what happens to those who don't agree with everyone. Yeah, people have complained and people have asked and every time they've been told when they can go with their opinions.
I'm pretty sure you're free to express how you find Nero better or even V. You shouldn't care what other think, otherwise you wouldn't be a man
>To that I'd say I rather have the combat over the pretty graphics.
I'm not saying that, ok telling you facts. Doesnt mean I like these facts.
>That wasn't my point.
and How different will it be, if it did have menu weapon switching? Cause I see it as a small thing that doesnt really matter, Bayinetta did it but it felt annoying going in a menu just so we switch this gun with this specific sword. And NG has a retarded loading screen. I'm fine with how it is now
>I'm bothered that I HAVE to use it for something I shouldn't have to.
Than just equip everything, and never go to it, you have everything at your disposal and all you have to do is press the triggers a couple of times
>Seriously? Is that how it should work? That is awful game design.
I don't see a problem, if I had a bunch of toys in my disposal I'll toy with each one I want and stick with a couple that I like, and later branch out. You're exaggerating how confusing style switching is. It doesnt change all your moveset, just one button.

Hate action games in general you mean. The amount of shit that Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden gets from DMC fans is ridiculous.

Only 4 bbc

Attached: 2737474784.jpg (2560x1920, 1.43M)

Come to think of it, the book I just finished writing takes a ton of cues from action series like DMC. Incredible fighters clash over ideals... I love this stuff.

>le DMC fans started it
Literally NGfags flex on other games all the time with how their the best even on themeselves with their retarded ports. Bayonetta and DMC fans are the same, only fags who hate playing as women hate Bayonetta.

What is it about?

>473499094
you mean sbw? small black wiener? lmao kill yourself

>try to play DMC1 on original ps2
>triangle to jump (and by extension roll)
>circle for sword
literally unplayable desu
also can't use a ps4 controller because compatibility issues in OPL
I don't want to emulate it but fuck man, shit sucks. I could play the japanese version but I do want to read a lot of things and just explore literally everything, including the files and item descriptions
is pcsx2 (or any other ps2 emulators or software) able to dump textures? maybe I'll start work on making the textures HD while being faithful and capcom will take notice, you never know

I think the worst part is that currently, there is no definitive edition of DMC1, which is one of the most important action games in history
youtube.com/watch?v=pMhem6M5gWc
youtube.com/watch?v=FIpE0iKYFqk

It's a great action game with an incredible amount of detail and care put in its gameplay.
You should really just play DMC3 and DMC1 and if you don't find certain appreciation in them for everything they do right, then maybe DMC or action games in general aren't for you.
The story itself is simple, but it has a lot of good themes and messages about family values and what it means to be human. Combine all of this with crazy action scenes and cool, stylish characters and you got yourself a winning combination.

However
Due to personal reasons i didn't have internet access from new year till now.
I was there during the E3 DMC5 reveal and all the events till new year so I was eagerly waiting to see what the story is all about since I was very optimistic for DMC5 as a whole. And honestly after watching the cutscenes now, I must say I am quite underwhelmed.

Like, I saw the ending and thought "wait that was it?". I honestly don't know how to feel, in short the story and cutscenes lack much of the exhilaration, awe and charm that DMC1, DMC3 and even 4 at times had. It just feels like a run of the mill American action hero movie now.
Also I'm not a prude myself but the amount of cussing in 5 just doesn't quite sit well with me, I mean at times it's fitting and even hilarious, but I dunno, I feel like this has somewhat affected the aforementioned charm of the series I mentioned.

Don't get me wrong now. DMC5 looks like a quality game and I'm sure I'll have a great time playing it once I get my hands on it, but for some reason I feel let down in a way. I'm just glad I didn't hold out against spoiling the story until I played the game, because my disappointment with it would've only increased if that where the case.

youtube.com/watch?v=b5v7NLT5fS0

>implying any group of churazy niggas hate the othergroup
its just barry samefaging

Really?

Attached: not smiling.jpg (685x851, 155K)

Sorry to break some bad news to you but Ninja Gaiden is better.

Attached: Chad Ninja.jpg (1149x696, 156K)

I literally started with DMC1 back in the PSDouble era. I suffered through the shitfest that was DMC2 until DMC3 completely redeemed itself. While I prefer Itsuno's take on the franchise with 3 and after, I by no means hate DMC1 and still replay it from time to time.

Fuck this Kamiya vs Itsuno nonsense, both of them made great games and tons of service to the genre and franchise.

Attached: 1535752707914.png (1000x1000, 138K)

With that being they tried making it “Fresh and easy for newcomers” and dumbing down the combos.

It’s called Dmc:Devil May Cry

When I say “had to be there”? I mean on the front lines when TAMEEM was shilling and shitting what made DMC what it is, stating the same things (although with him,he did so foolishly and like a arrogant cunt) you did.

The same argument was made to bring that game in creation. dmc failing was because of trying to “””evolve”””.

That’s part of the beauty of DMC.
It’s a cult classic and DOES NOT NEED TO CHANGE ITS CORE. DMC5 was perfect.

DMC5 wasn’t for newcomers.
It was for the loyal motherfuckers who waited 10 long years for that game, the ones who have stayed. Those who know Reuben and Dans stance on the series through following and “pestering” them at Panels at Cons since 2006.

I’m fine with DMC dying with dignity then following suit with what happened years ago with dmc.

Attached: BF483A80-04B8-4AE4-AE52-7C4AA2269962.jpg (246x285, 19K)

This
Even DMC3 was about the fans more than literal who newcomers or even about sales. It was always about the fans, even after all these decades

Attached: DMC3 was made for the Japanese.jpg (1439x1666, 875K)

>Guys the Devil May Cry games are so kino
>CUHRAYZEEfaggots finally openly admitting to being movie game faggots

The DMC games are some of the best things created by the human race.

The stylish combat, the crazy cutscenes and the surprisingly emotional stories, they just feel like they're peak game design as a whole.

Stay cuhrayzee, my men.

I will man, I will.

Attached: dante d m c 3.jpg (1450x2048, 411K)

I'm an HD Collection newfag (although I played a friend's copy of 4 first technically) but I think 1 is really well-made game. Going through it again currently and even the parts I had issues with before aren't quite so bad. I also love 1 Dante's look and wish I could use it every game. That said:
5 > 1 = 3SE > 4SE > DmC:DE > 2

Cool story and nice image. I've been really starting to appreciate how good Daigo Ikeno is lately.

Attached: 1539981772858.jpg (1024x1024, 108K)

I just love DMC 3 bros.

post combo videos
here's mine:
youtube.com/watch?v=Lclc5sls3jM
youtube.com/watch?v=f81xmW8jBm8

It's okay user, at least you're honest. The thing with DMC games is that each game feels like its own universe separate from the other installments, even Dante's portrayal is slightly different each game.
This can be a bad and a good thing depending on how you look at it.

As for myself, I like all of them, even DMC2 a bit, though I'm not blind to claim it's a good game or anything. As I said, each installment has a unique feel and presence to it and I appreciate all of them in a separate way for what they are.

Vergil DLC soon.

Attached: tumblr_pocfslm1zw1s6ub5do9_500.jpg (500x253, 41K)

Hope he does get a standard Devil Trigger model eventually. Bit disappointed he only transformed into his Sin Devil.

The face is still fucked, but the costume isn’t bad.

hilarious, id tell you to post another but thats my channel and you sadly cant access the unlisted videos. let me help you dicklet
youtube.com/watch?v=9u11D_uvqDQ

I can only imagine how badly youre seething in your cum and cheeto dust room

Holy shit, LARPing user blown the fuck out. For the record, that second video he posted was a cool combo, mostly the Multiple Twins into High Times and the Percussion finish.

Attached: 1563072432528.jpg (223x433, 16K)

what is this? why are you shilling your channel? fuck off

Attached: 1559105532907.png (665x665, 587K)

its an ancient clip, he had an aneyrusm after telling me to post my gameplay in the last thread and when I actually did it and he had no answer hes now trying to larp as me here as if I gave a fuck if someone else is actually as autistic/ stupid as him to shit on those ancient clips

youtube.com/watch?v=VtpiN_MSyq8

just recorded^since next his going to mouthbreathe about the le old clip "excuse", havent played this game since it came out but until he posts a clip of him playing, he has officially been humiliated

I agree, but give Bayonetta and God Hand a try anyways.

When did you realize that Berial is just another version of Nelo Angelo moveset wise?

What

only DMC 1 has good enemy AI
rest are braindead training dummies that serve no purpose except being a combo autist's slave. series should have died after 2

>combo bad
>dodgefest good
Die

I thought he was more like Phanotom....
At least Itsuno's DMC got us some of the best bosses in the genre

Attached: 9bf59e44a3c094308eec6b09456ba126.jpg (1351x2047, 145K)

He behaves like a NA archetype functionally. There's a sword rush attack, the pillars are like NA's fireballs functionality wise.
When you're in range he just attacks you by flailing his sword. He even guards similarly with his blade, though less often.
I think it came to me while thinking about Cavalier Angelo. Berial is just another variation on the NA boss type.

Only similarity is the pillars, and him being a fire boss I guess. But as I said, his moveset and behavior are more similar to Angelo type enemies imo.

based and truthful statement. look at all these Itsuno cocksuckers responding.

Post your DMD S ranks for DMC3, 4, or 5.

>muh S rank
cope

Attached: 1565227627578.png (800x800, 84K)

>muh whole purpose for playing these games, as they are made to be replayed and perfected
ftfy

Attached: Vorgil.jpg (698x680, 62K)

Every game in the series is good except DmC and DMC2

>combo video
>made in The Void

Attached: 1558431607265.png (420x420, 15K)

Yeah
So?

Yeah those are so stupid and short dicked.

FUCK YOU

Every DMC is good including 2 and DmC

Attached: 1544427147241.jpg (515x504, 211K)

Worst part is the Japanese version have the controls we've all become accustomed to. No idea why the US release bollocked the controls.

6 SE/DLC >>> 6 >= 5SE > 5 = 3SE >= 4SE > 1 > 3 > 4 >>> DmC:DE >>>> DmC >>>> wall >>> 2

Attached: 1542019699817.png (739x735, 157K)

Based time traveler.

>listening to grilled tandoori smoke right now
DUNUNUNUN DUN DUN DUN

holy shit your right

>both “sons” of mundus have the same moveset
kino

>bought 3 copies.
I cant believe operation cuhrazeey worked

Finally. Another DMC2 chad.

Attached: Gif.gif (480x360, 3.49M)

>the whole purpose of playing DMC3 is to spam DT explosion and Spiracal cancel on off screen enemies

CUUUHRAYZEH

Shh the game is supposed to be perfect.

>DMC 2: square
>DMC 3: DT explosion spam
>DMC 4: Distorted Real Impact spam
>DMC 5: Dr. Faust basic firing attack and Red Hot Night spam
kek

Based dmckek at it again

based and red orbed

Attached: D5YvMN8VUAIOkLg.jpg (1200x675, 91K)

>want to do another playthrough on 5 but I want to wait until I get a new PC so I don't have to play it again with everything set on low to get 60FPS everywhere
>Astral Chain isn't out until the end of the month
>Wii U Pro Controller just died so my motivation to start a Hard playthrough on TW101 is out the window
>already done 2 playthroughs of Transfomers Devastation lately
This party isn't crazy anymore guess I could get back onto Okami

Attached: 1464939137692.jpg (345x416, 39K)

Go for those pure platinums in Bayonetta.

I would if I wasn't completely awful at Bayo, even after like 6 playthroughs. Pretty sure I only got through Very Hard with copious amounts of Red Hot Shots and cheesing shit with Lightning Durga

Attached: 1520108233118.jpg (768x576, 61K)

>still no baijiru

he has optimal prime cuteness

DmC was a mistake. I hate how it affected DMC5