Was Pokémon ever good? Seems like even at its best it’s a souless cashgrab dating back to even gen 1

Was Pokémon ever good? Seems like even at its best it’s a souless cashgrab dating back to even gen 1

Attached: BF2B3DB6-4A6B-4025-A789-D7744CEF7320.jpg (960x540, 64K)

Actually, they didn't expect it to be anywhere near as successful as it was. To the point that they weren't sure whether or not it was a fluke and were worried about how well Gen 2 would sell. That's why it's such a dramatic jump in features and the general build of the game. They weren't sure they were going to make any more.

It was the most refined monster catching game at the time, and the simple gameplay was good enough considering the console it was on. The newer games are still just as basic and mind numbing so I don't understand how anyone can still have fun with the series when real in depth RPGs are everywhere

it was just a perfect storm at the time with zoomers who liked the cute monsters on the cartoon and all had parents who got them gameboys and nintendos

The series should have ended at gen 4, maybe 5 at most.

Now it's definitely a cash grab.

>was a child in 1998
>zoomer
Based retard

So Zoomers were kids in 1996?

Pokemon hit its peak at Emerald. It's been on a steady decline ever since due to them thinking that removing features and mechanics is a good thing.

>Pokemon hit it's peak in Gen III
>the series went to shit because they removed features
Choose 1 and only 1

They’ve been removing features since gen 2 desu. Pokemon from gen 3 to gen 7 was heavily planned long term. The only thing they didn’t play was making games in HD

This, emerald was pokemon at its best and I'm baffled that I don't see this opinion more often, it's always nostalgianiggers creaming themselves over gen 1 and 2 or dickriders that eat anything that gets thrown away. DPP was fun too though, I enjoyed some of the new shit that they added there but since then other than the fapbait it's all been going downhill.

Give me one fun feature that gen 3 removed.

HGSS is the peak game, wont be topped unless a different dev is given the game. i seriously think level 5 should be given the franchise

How the fuck could Gen 1 be a cashgrab, you retard?

It doesn't matter who has the franchise, you can't make a high quality game every year. Mario and Zelda both take 3 years to make, most games take at least 2.

Gen 1 was fucking pure soul, anyone who disagrees is a zoomer or a faggot

While tedious, the day/night system is fun aesthetically

gen 1 and 2 were good

time-sensitive pokemon
day-night cycles

It was a perfect storm. Imagine fortnight, but there was also a fortnight tv show, and fortnight movie, and fortnight card game.

Who said we even need a new Pokemon game every year. I'd be just fine waiting a few years if it means we got a complete game with all of the Pokemon in it.

Diamond/pearl says hello

Attached: 1565122387921.png (751x751, 733K)

Fair enough but gen 3 had a ton of fun side content that more than made up for it.

It doesn't matter what you want they need to sell merchandise and Nintendo needs something to boost holiday sales every year.

should have ended with gen 2 and the red battle as the signing off