This is the thread for posting the best space games of all time

This is the thread for posting the best space games of all time.

>Star Control 2
>Master of Orion 2
>Freespace 2
>Starsector

Freelancer and Star Wars fags need not apply.

Attached: corgi-700x500.png (700x500, 159K)

Eve Online

Attached: 5be79af0a2a0e0e37d6a915b9c71096b.png (1000x1364, 1.83M)

Fuck you, Freelancer is a good game and the only decent space game that isn't isometric.

>that isn't isometric
what the fuck are you talking about, freelancer retard?

I want to bury my face into her feet.

>2019
>not knowing what Isometric means
Its means a forced perspective, like how Star Sector is played in a top-down perspective.

Lewding edward is a sin. Bumping because space is cool, but I never know which games are any good

Isometric means angled perspective, not forced. Is super mario bros an isometric game? Anyways, there is a game with a free moving camera right in the OP, Freespace 2, and it completely blows the fuck out of Freelancer, as do a gorrilion other space games. You are setting the bar really low. That game is an overrated piece of shit.

>forgetting independence war 2
fuck you

Attached: 1540139558760.png (1169x1050, 2.38M)

Attached: 0b66170eb305cd22674a9f068ce7e615.png (708x1000, 357K)

Bless you foot posting user

Freespace is my shit

Attached: UEDSolaris.png (1344x756, 1.49M)

homeworld

freelancer is first person and i get to be a pilot. i think that automatically blows every space game out

>freelancer is first person and i get to be a pilot
literally freespace bro

Freelancer puts you into a living universe, Freespace is just another first person flying combat game. Not saying its not good, it's a great game, it just lacks all the world elements Freelancer adds

IN star sector.. I am getting absolutely DUMPED by enemy ships just fucking back pedaling my ships and staying out of their effective range. I don't have any guns that can reach them at long range like that? The AI will just back off once its flux gets high, vent and then move back in. FUCK!!

I was hoping for meaty ships slugigng hits. Not shield kiting... Is there some gun I need to put on my slow ballistic ships?

Attached: draco_Drum.jpg (3264x2448, 1.31M)

very based

>Freelancer puts you into a living universe
Starsector and Space Rangers are far better at doing this. Hell, even EVE is better.

Starsector and Space Rangers may have more fleshed out lore, but neither offer a first person perspective. Freelancer will always stand above every other space game because of its ability to make you believe that universe is real and tangible. The top down perspective will always take me out the game. Not that they arent enjoyable, I've played more Star Sector recently than Freelancer only because it became a popular topic again. Doesn't mean Star Sector is better than Freelancer

>it doesn't matter how good the game is because its not first person! no matter how shitty my game is its better because its in first person!
this is why freelancer fags were not invited

starsector and all other 2d space games are awful

Did Freelancer even had living universe? Sure were trying to present itself as one with all the radio chatter and freighters, but script heavy story just shattered the illusion for me back then when I played it.
Also X series deserve a mention. Even X rebirth.

I'm sorry your monkey brain can't comprehend how important perpective is.

imperium galactica
tie fighter
freelancer
elite

How the fuck do you forget FTL

Attached: 1564450853722.jpg (680x937, 80K)

I want to KISS edward!

Dead Space?

>Did Freelancer even had living universe?
No lol, it was just big scam.

Wing Commander
X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
Conquest:Frontier Wars
Homeworld

Maybe the first one, but if we are going to include that we might as well include both System Shocks.

It does. People that say it doesn't either haven't played the game or just mainlined the story. The story was put there to give the player something to fall on if they really get bored.

Elite Dangerous may be slow but it's comfy.

uh,

Attached: nms_beyond_art-740x417.jpg (740x417, 65K)

Blue Planet is garbage desu

Is there a way to abandon a size 5 colony in Starsector? I had mine overrun by pirates and it stopped being fun

FTL isn't that good.

You are only free to do whatever you want after you complete the story.

You're a faggot so your opinion doesn't matter

Metroid, I really love the look of the Fusion suit

Attached: 73AEF968-FE4E-4CA6-8788-6C955DC1C47B.jpg (1024x768, 219K)

What is there about it that makes it good? Its just a shitty roguelite.

metroid is system shock for little kids

no u

THIS OP SPEAKS WITH THE VOICE AND AUTHORITY OF THE UR-QUAN.

Freelancer's cockpit mode was shit. Only game worse with that on my memory is X3 where there were no cockpits at all.

Ahem!
I think you mean Master of Orion 1, other than that, top tier list.

Attached: wormhole2.webm (800x450, 1.09M)

Sword of the Stars

I like Ed's tummy

Attached: 1537235997534.jpg (500x750, 266K)

It's one of the best games.
Git gud, faggot.

Ein's butt!

either get enough concentrated fuck to overload them before they can turn their shields off (sabots) or have frigates to chase them down and go in for the kill