RIP Guilty Gear

twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/1159654937699086336?s=19

Attached: EBfqhBDVAAEACj5.jpg_large.jpg (867x872, 158K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=GGXRD-R2/Gauges#Negative_Penalty
youtu.be/9cwUGqHmeXM
youtube.com/watch?v=jb0vTDGYOvc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How is this a surprise after DBZF?

smash clone pls

So Guilty Gear 2 2

Relax, they're likely just going to cut down on stuff like Hell Fire, Danger Time, RCs, etc

I guess you putrid shitters forgot to read
"it's neither addition or subtraction of elements to the existing title"

they're outright implying it wont feel like guilty gear but something new with gg characters
what the fuck

Hopefully this means danger time gets the boot, in which I'll be happy on that front.

This kind of makes sense considering it looks like they want to do stage transitions/wall breaks like in Tekken but in 2D, which on its could is a really big deal. I remember old ass arcade fighting games doing ring outs in 2D and it was the scummiest shit

So long as they never go back to Isuka mechanics, I'm good.

>4 months of shitposting about "muh dumbing down!"

Great, wonderful.

We'll find out a little bit of what they mean in November since they will be doing a demo of the game at Arc Revo finals. But until then I can imagine discussion on the new game getting toxic

Anyone who cared about GG being dumbed down stopped playing after AC+R

t. Guy who stopped playing after AC+R

Everything must turn into a soulless product.

Alright, so tell me Yea Forums, what are the core elements of Guilty Gear that make it unique and charismatic among its peers? Home in on the gameplay aspects if you like, since Daisuke says he's confronting the essence of the fighting game genre. What do you think sets it apart the most, and thus will be retained in this new iteration?

lol I don't even play the game I just like shitposting about it being dumbed down

Arc Sys and Namco run fighting games right now, so whatever they're doing will end up being fine.

I think the genre has needed a shakeup for awhile, especially because there are just too many fighting games now. Someone had to try and shake shit up eventually.

Thank fucking god it wasn't Capcom this time.

Attached: 1558817993506.jpg (802x838, 41K)

I trust ishiwatari enough to know that this isn't going to change too much for GG, its his fucking passion project after all. Removal of dumb shit like danger time and expansion on the stylish controls is what im expecting.

Faggot, it's always the same story, your faggy friends can pretend it's not, but you'll see.

Twitter is the platform for you then, my friend

>Guilty Gear is going to be the next Monster Hunter World

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1561189105050.jpg (1177x660, 89K)

lol tl;dr?

So it's going to be fantastic despite by casualization?
I can deal with it.

In the current market, the roman cancel system to me seems like the thing that sets it apart among the current fighting games outside of its aesthetic and lore.

they copying dbzf. literally first gameplay you see in the trailer is the autocombo system

are you seriously going to act like this wasn't necessary? GG games have been mediocre for so long, i don't even want to guess. back when I was playing fighting games. I liked them, they just didn't really stand out except the wacky animu character stylings that bordered on cringe.

Will they make Dizzy thicc like this?

Attached: 08201B8F-3F33-41A2-B258-7512DD04CFC5.jpg (1242x1546, 564K)

yeah sure

>Core elements
It's music
Character design
It's uncompromising nature of trying to shove a serious story in a fighting game
Over the top, fast, and unforgiving gameplay with characters who all have their own unique mechanics and aren't just "Shoots fireball, but from the air"

Here's what will happen:

>game comes out
>too casual friendly
>core fan base gets pissed
>revision fixes everything

Just wait until 2022

I am just going to buy the game if the soundtrack is as good as the last one

This.
Xrd takes GG mechanics to a bit of a peak point.
If they just built of of the same framework it would either plateau or get too convoluted for it's own good by adding more mechanics.
The team is going to go all out in making it work.

Your fault for believing marketing talk, scrub.

Mentally ill

company is outright admitting it won't play anything like the other games in the series

he isn't talking about gameplay mechanics. he's talking about stupid shit like "it's not ANIME, it's got ROCK N ROLL REFERENCES DUDE" that will get the dbzf/streamer crowd hype

Isn't "shoot fireballs from the air" what 90% of the cast does after they get a knockdown? don't most Xrd characters have oki projectiles?

this

Game will have still have 20 different offensive/defensive mechanics.

>This isn't evolution
>Proceeds to describe how the game is evolving

Attached: Laughing Cage.webm (1280x544, 2.97M)

Fighting fags finally learn to value Smash Bros.

Super Guilty Gear Bros Ultimate

>new fighting game
>op thinks nothing will change

i will never understand why zoomers would pose as boomers. you're livin a lie and you know it. making dumb shit posts and threads like this only embarrass yourself.

Being a boomer is more than just liking the way old games were. It's also being old enough to understand the world, having lived long enough to gain the experience, to not only understand why old games were better, but to also understand that new games change, even within a sequel franchise.

Attached: vO7lRZ7.jpg.png (621x702, 56K)

I didn't say they didn't have those. I said JUST. Ky and Sol are the Shotos, Dizzy is a hardcore zoner with summons that can be destroyed. Venom is a zoner, but his requires setup and hitting balls to hit other balls, literally just playing Pool in a fighting game. Testament is a trap character, forcing his opponent to memorize where and what kind of thing Testament is doing at any given moment. Faust is a random bastard. Other fighting games don't hope to have as many different mechanics shoved into their cast.

>bridget never made it to xrd
he's never coming back is he?

Attached: __bridget_guilty_gear__94f11590e284af4b915b2d616f6b0b34.jpg (480x320, 53K)

The only GG I played was XX Accent Core I think I'm the only one in this but the movement feels really slow for me the only way to get around for me is to jump around but attacks feels really responsive and fast, for some reason to me the only fighter is Chipp feels really agile and fast in terms of movement

If they were going to simplify and dumb it down they would've done so with Xrd when they were the least likely about the series' success going forward. Team Red is smart enough to know that trying to bait people with DBFZ playstyle would only hurt the series

Daisuke said that he wants EVERYONE back for a game. I doubt that's changed, but the man is hardcore into the story that he wants to write and if he can't think of how to involve everyone in a story related game, then he'll make a side game to have that which won't have story.

>If they were going to simplify and dumb it down they would've done so with Xrd when they were the least likely about the series' success going forward
...but they did already dumb it down with Xrd.

Did you play the game?

>Guilty Gear
>hardcore zoner
???

>wake me up inside
CAN'T WAKE UP

Literally everything he said is just buzzword-jargon.

Don't be a retard, I mean significant downgrades to the point that it only appeals to casuals.
Xrd may have had changes from XX but you're a fucking idiot if you think Xrd is casualized when it's by far the most complex anime fighter out there right now. Even with the bomb-ass tutorial it's still a beast to tackle

You might like UNIST.

Are we just going to pretend Guilty Gear 2 didn't happen? Ishiwatari doesn't give a shit about the fighting game aspect. What he was probably told, because these games don't actually do well, is we need to make this shit easy for babies so we can trick casuals into playing your autistic lore dump, and he was like yeah sure do whatever.

Hes gonna make more characters have crazy unique mechanics like Jack-O so that mechanically it shifts a little bit away from the "core" of fighters but does its own thing within the fg framework.

This, it's a big nothing burger and he contradicts himself at least three times.

>We are changing the whole experience
>But we aren't adding or removing anything, I swear

I mean, what the fuck is this bullshit. Either you are, or you aren't?

That's not contradicting, those both coexist just fine. They're not adding or subtracting from the previous game because this is a different game altogether.

>I don't know what "evolve" means

Like hes gonna figure out how to put a 3D fighter in guilty gear level of bullshit.

>New Guilty Gear is awful, but GG players have been waiting so long for it so they all move on from Xrd
>+R players are still playing +R
>Xrd completely dies
>I don't like Under Night
>I don't like 3D fighters
>BlazBlue is dead
>I don't like Footsies games (GBVS/SF)
Where will I go? I just wanted a Rev 3, even if they removed some system mechanics.
I don't want a complete revamp of the franchise so they can turn into some shallow masher.

Attached: 1564795253287.png (568x455, 330K)

I’m interested. The fighting game genre desperately NEEDS experimentation. This is a good thing.

Its not since Daisuke pretty much said right after DBFZ's release that the new Guilty Gear was going to appeal to newcomers.

>Elphelt picture
>Likes Xrd
>Doesn't like footsies
The trifecta

The change he's talking about is that we find out the new Black Samurai is actually a huge fucking weeaboo like Chipp and that he's going to developed a rival nation called the West (whatever his name is) Kingdom to rival Chipp to prove Samurai are better than Ninja.

We're going to get some bullshit related to stages. SCREENCAP THIS.
By that I mean infinite stages with no corners, stage transitions, platforms, etc.
The game will be basically a crazy anime fight of running around different environments in the middle of battle.

I main Baiken
I like Guilty Gear for the movement rather than setplay and shit. SF/Samsho feel too slow.
I.e I'd rather do a round of Ky mirrors than play SF footsies

>We are making the pinnacle of the fighting game experience

No, they do contradict. The game needs to change if they want to surpass themselves, that's kind of the point. Trying to assure people that mechanics aren't being removed, or even added is stupid. As a completely new experience denotes adding and removing things to be able to make that new experience.

What he should have said is.

>This isn't another iteration of GG Rev, this is a completely new game, so expect things to look different, but it's still the same game you know and love.

But no, either his translator is a fucking retard, or they were specific in their PR talk to try to confuse people about what they are doing, so that they can just deny it later when people are angry.

I just hope there are more May x Bridget doujins.

this is too risky, no way they will do something that will shake fighting game conventions to this degree.

I don't understand how Ky only has one kid with her. If it was me, I would impregnate her one time per year for at least 10 years.

Many reasons, duties as King, the whole incident with Valentine and Dizzy being in time stasis for about 3 years, then the Ram incident not even a year later. He hasn't had time to fuck her.

I don't fucking get it I'm so lost here why doesn't Capcom makes a Street Fighter spinoff like Alpha for 2D instead of milking SF2 for the past decades do they realize how many new and old audience they could being in? I guarantee you they'll re-release SF2 again in 2021 for 30th anniversary

Attached: Mordecai_and_Rigby_in_the_coffee_shop.png (960x640, 749K)

I know it sounds out there but we can trust Team Red on this one. They have a long history built upon the trust of it's fans and just because GG: Overture exists doesn't mean they can't do something that fresh and exciting.

Uhh, that didn’t go so well last time.

Attached: BF869162-3A33-4C2C-9C4E-78741D9829EA.jpg (250x310, 53K)

That's 3D, I was talking about making a 2D SF spinoff

Being complicated isn’t a good thing. BB was arguably more complicated than Xrd with how every single character had its own unique mechanics.

No, that's 2D. Tekken x Street Fighter would be 3D.

And I agree. I'm just saying "hey, Xrd wasn't casualized"

SfxT was 2D. Unless you meant going back to sprites (which will never happen).

Yep....I'm on Yea Forums alright

not him but I think he's taking about the visuals like 2d sprites and 3d models

Mori is better anyway.

Depends on what you mean. Character specific wakeup timings and retarded stat modifiers for dozens of situations per character is not depth, its retarded bullshit

Mori made Hakumen but he peaked there and everything after was a disaster

Nobody misses this faggot besides people who are faggots themselves

Gameplay wise?
Midscreen combos tend to be short and focused on heavy knockdowns.
Corner combos are longer and do way more damage, dustloops are the fucking shit
Heavy emphasis on Okizeme
Good movement
Characters all feel very unique from each other, and you are heavily rewarded for learning the matchups

Requires some execution skills, though I'd say its easier than BBCF when it comes to that

Seems like a pointless effort unless they can muster a strong marketing push. Everybody knows what Street Fighter and Smash are. No one I've known who plays vidya, even some fighters know wtf a Guilty Gear is.

Azrael was based

I think addressing that is their aim

There's that word again

good luck to them

Attached: 1564980029325.png (442x331, 228K)

I'm a series newcomer and SF refugee who sucks dick at even the most basic things in Rev 2 right now but I can feel how the deep the game likely is beyond my inexperience. Pretty graphics alone don't make a good fighting game, if the next GG is boring dogshit like DBFZ I'll find another fighting game

>hur blur dur they took out autistic shit it's bad
solfags

Thank God

Whatever, so long as Xrd gets 6 or 7 more versions like XX did.

Someone there must hate him. He was voted above fucking Sol for popular male characters back when Xrd was first announced.

I have a friend like that. It's a 2D fighter if it uses sprites, it's a 3D fighter if it uses 3D models except for GG. That doesn't count

never played GG but I played dooberz and got bored of the blockstring simulator pretty quickly, I thought the whole appeal of Goobers was that it was somewhat mechanically intensive? Why can't they just leave dooberz for the casuals and keep goobers for the neckbeards? Fucking niggers stop trying to casualize fighting games, they're a niche genre and casuals will never play them no matter how easy you make them for "newcomers"

Jokes on you, I have a secret message from Daisuke that Sol's screenshake will be at maximum.

>Over the top, fast, and unforgiving gameplay
lmao guilty gear is slow as fuck compared to most anime games and its shorter midscreen combos are way more forgiving than alot of anime games which are "hit once? get in your fucking corner kid"
over the top is right though, the game is fucking eye cancer of the worst kind

It’ll never happen, but what I’d like to see is ANALOGUE MOVEMENT. Smash is easy to pick up and play because of how GOOD it feels to move around with the characters. With the whole “double tap to dash” and “up forward forward to air dash” motions, anime fighters can feel very clunky and restrictive, it takes a lot of getting used to. Streamlining the movement can go a long way into making the game more fun, fluid, and accessible without dumbing anything down.

This picture makes me irrationally angry.

an amazing and successful game that makes nintentards seethe because it's exclusively not on soitch?

>irrational
*rational

Another SFV incoming...

Isuka 2 with 6 players at once please.

He realized he hit a wall lol

> Other fighting games don't hope to have as many different mechanics shoved into their cast
play Killer instinct and get back to me on that.

Attached: 1538971956556.png (500x423, 193K)

>DANGER TIME

This is a joke right?

Who cares 99% of the people hyped for xrd were faking it. Nobody going to commit to guilty gear, ever.

I've been playing Xrd for a year and this shit feels like a spit to the face. They're catering to an audience that never plays fighting games longer than a day.

I think in a sense adapting to the new fighting game comunity is a way of evolving, at least for daisuke.

>a year

join the smash side.

Man right when I saw the black samurai's entrance it reminded me of dbfz. I've never played GG but I'm keeping an eye out on the new one.

>only a year

>A year
you are not ready to date my daughter user.

lolno

I like anime fighting games not party brawlers

>all these phony goobers on the internet
lmao

yeah everyone wants them to release the same dash and mash game where you gain meter slower if you stop moving forward

I have no idea how Japanese people are able to say so many words that end up meaning absolutely nothing.

>we've disassembled the current franchise into fragments and sifted out the pieces that make it unique and charismatic, using those pieces to have a complete reconstruction of the franchise

Literally what the fuck does that mean

Fucking hell, now I'm going to be completely unsure until November
Daisuke is a madman with basically complete creative control over the series. This could mean anything from
>It's now a 3 button fighter with rhythm game mechanics where you have to time your attacks to the beat
to
>It's exactly the same, but now there's an action RPG story mode
Whatever it is I'm sure it'll be stylish and great in it's own way, but what I want is Xrd but better, not some ridiculous new thing
I love experimentation in fighting games but if you're going to take huge risks do it with a new IP, or at least not in the mainline game that follows your most successful traditional fighter and is probably the final act of the story.

Fast, in terms of movement and framedata but also round pacing and decision making by keeping combos relatively short and giving the player a ton of defensive options to stay active despite not having the momentum, unapologetically but mostly not unnecessarily complex, incredible character diversity and player freedom.

"GG not like old GG anymore prease understand" - nip guy dev

>toxic

Attached: 1563385126654.png (328x189, 42K)

it literally means they are axing about half of the mechanics and taking 75% of the remaining mechanics and doing a complete revamp on them. I think something like that.

how big is GG on Japan? I thought this man was going to lose his job after seeing the numbers GG pulls on PC and the ever dwindling PS4 community.

I think most people here will I agree on this one reason I have against dumbing-down any fighting game:

When you dumb-down a new installment to a long-running series, you are enabling huge faggots like that blue furry nigger to be able to compete in your competitive environment and attracting other freaks like him
You do not want that shit.

Period.

Niche, its more popular in the west.

game not even out and Yea Forums already says it sucks, suck my dick

You might be too retarded for life

They said the same thing after they revealed Xrd.

Mori murdered Daisuke. And put a clone on his place. His plan is to turn fighting games on retarded Light Novel tier garbage where story goes first.

Remember: Yea Forums does not play fighting games. You all just dickride GG because it's "cool".

Attached: 1451342035060.png (443x271, 337K)

They can shit out anything and still be better than BB Tag at the very least

Love how its always the toxic people who take offense to the mere utterance of the word. Sad.

are...are you fucking retarded? no, dude. It fucking isn't more popular in the west than in japan
the first EVO Japan had more entrants for Xrd than it ever did at regular EVO in Vegas. The motherfucking Mikado Game Center, one of the most famous Arcades in Japan, is dominated by fighting games and among them it's mostly known for being the place where all the best GG players go to play. Mikado is to GG what Green Arcade was to Tekken before it closed
don't speak out of your ass, idiot

Encouragement of aggressive play (negative edge, risc gauge, meter gain while moving forward, etc.).
Very active defense fueled by a plethora of universal mechanics (block, just defend, faultless defense, fd braking, burst, dead angle, etc.).
Extremely specialized characters that lead to a lot of diverse gameplay across the roster.
RC system.
Heavy focus on strong oki mixups, short combos.
Consistent general aesthetic throughout the series, both visual and audio design.

Areas that I think they could simplify without infringing on the core aspects of the series: streamline wakeup timings and weights of characters, remove jump install, remove/rework blitz, remove slowdown from RC. Consider the evo trailer: slowdown on counter-hit would allow players more time to recognize an advantageous situation, similar to lethal hits in SC6 or fatal hits in MK11, without causing the input-eating or cheaply spammable issues of Xrd's YRC.

Attached: This kills the pretentious MUH GUILTY GEAR SO HARD.png (1222x494, 32K)

NONONONONONONONONONONO
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1564153757353.jpg (460x650, 111K)

Also, get rid of mash to tech already.

Based Mori.

WHAT THE FUCK WHY ARE THEY TRYING TO INNOVATE. Fighting games aren't supposed to have innovation. I WANT THE SAME GAME WITH A NEW NUMBER ATTACHED TO IT

>Insta Kills
>Instant Blocks
>Ukemi (Teching)
>Stagger
>Negative Penalty
>Clash

Those are all good mechanics though, you dumb motherfucker.

THAT IS BULLSHIT LAZY

This is what capcom fans actually believe.

I fucking love GGXXAC+R it's my favorite fighting game of all time, but that being said. The fighting game genre has a huge problem, and that's teaching newcomers how to fight. It's the only genre where memorization and high reflexes are needed which put a TON of people off even those who are heavy hardcore gamers.

I don't know how to fix it, I just know it's a big problem with the genre. Not even shmup or hack/slash games are this heavy in memorization/reflexes

You can throw on GG right now and play with ppl on discord.

>Ishiwatari doesn't give a shit about the fighting game aspect.
He never envisioned GG as a fighting game in the first place. He wanted to make a game like GG2 but the technological limitation back in the days prevented that so he made it into a fighting game instead.

This. I’m fine with the newer games getting easier and more accessible to newcomers, as they could serve as a bridge into the tougher games. The harder more intense games are still playable after all. As long as the games are still fun and rely on skill, I don’t mind. I have faith in Team Red and ASW, they’ve never given me any reason to doubt them.

>they’ve never given me any reason to doubt them.

Attached: 1562816476990.png (1920x1080, 2.6M)

I want to rub those sideboobs.

Yes, I know she's 13. No, I don't give a fuck.

FUCK NEGATIVE PENALTY
FUCK ANY MECHANIC THAT PENALIZES ZONING
FUCK ANY MECHANIC THAT INCENTIVES RUSHDOWN

Attached: 1512179586217.png (512x411, 222K)

That game looks great, idk what your problem is. Day1 buy for me. Also, I believe a Team Blue is behind that one.

yeah man graphics are everything
love my 11 character roster consisting of overly simplistic characters, wooooh fighting games

Lol, you can still Zone with negative penalty as a mechanic. Lrn2Play, Zoning =/= camping.

Nothing wrong with finding pubescent nubile teens attractive.

I never said anything about the graphics though, you did. I think a slower more footsies-based game by ASW is cool. And the cool downs are interesting.

Again, I don’t get your beef. Do you even fightan bro?

I played fucking I-No in Rev 2 and I couldn't even sit back and throw fireballs for 10 seconds without a shitty NEGATIVE PENALTY warning forcing me to start mindlessly rushing down the opponent in hopes that I don't lose all my god damn meter

they want the sell some copies this time

It's a mobile game IP, what else would you expect? People playing the original mobile game are turbocasuals.

It sells far more in the west than japan. Tournament entries mean almost nothing when it comes to a game’s commercial success.

they make granblue the casual game for 2020
make a normal, new, GG game for people that like fightan

why is this so hard for asw to grasp

Oh yes, because Xrd flopped in its entire run, right?

I played Dizzy, and I never ran into that problem. Also, I-no has tons of approach options. Use them.

The mechanic could be tweaked a bit, but it certainly shouldn’t be removed.

Because turboautist wannabes like you will never be satisfied no matter what they do. You don’t even play fightan, and you were bitching about GBVS before the GG reveal, despite knowing a new game was on the way.

You don't get penalized for zoning though. What!

That’s not how you play gg. If you want to turtle play something else

I DID THOUGH YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER

Attached: 1516696636363.png (711x589, 263K)

GG had a bunch of retarded bullshit that needed to be trimmed. Good for them.

they're gonna go beyond just trimming the uneccessary stuff
they're gonna add auto combos, auto run, one button supers
just fuck my shit up

Pure fiction.

Don’t those already exist in stylish mode?

If your opponent can't deal with your fireballs,they should go into training mode and figure that shit out. The game shouldn't force you to pick a different strategy just to please newbies that thing that "spamming" is a thing in fighting games. That's baby shit.

Attached: 1505565405923.png (339x298, 51K)

yeah, but they removed stylish mode to make it all universal because they felt it was too condescending towards shitters

You’re camping, not zoning. The game is actively teaching you how to play. Stop bitching, start learning.

>autocombos
Cool. Three link autocombos are cool
>auto run, no they won’t, that’s dumb. What I wish they’d do is analogue movement though, like Smash.
>one button Supers
No they won’t

They can do whatever they want but if they get rid of IKs I'm out.

>You’re camping, not zoning.
That's his opponent's responsibility to chase him down.

Again in gg zoners use zoning to lock you down. So long as you periodically move forward and make your opponent block you will avoid negative penalty.

The brainlets who keep eating my music notes should start learning.

Negative penalty exists precisely to stop that because Arcsys doesn’t want you to win by playing lame.

If the game is punishing you with negative penalty, then clearly it’s you who needs to learn how to play.

wtf is it with Jap Game devs and games being bridges to connect people Hideo said it and now this hack is saying it

Then you don’t even need that meter. What are you complaining about?

>single digit IQ mongolid can't deal with fireballs
>the person using fireballs is in the wrong

Attached: 1564233607511.jpg (350x240, 28K)

Gaming is a more social experience in Japan. Arcades and Couch play are still very much alive here.

retard

You’re the one complaining about negative penalty, not me. Git gud and stop bitching.

>negative IQ slimekin can’t adapt to different mechanics
>instead blames the game for their own limitations

Attached: AA25DC9E-8DC8-4FEA-92B6-71230692F7D1.png (600x600, 458K)

Have fun buying 11 puddle characters and mashing AAA to get your combos for 60$

le slippery slope
the idea that fireballs are too hard for new players to deal with and that close quarters rushdown should be incentivized is how we get mechanics like Super Dash

dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=GGXRD-R2/Gauges#Negative_Penalty
>While the common misconception is that it actually stops people from turtling, it really just deters players from avoiding any type of contact for a prolonged period of time. If a character consistently attempts to backdash, jump back, and air backdash (or sits in one place and does nothing... which most opponents won't allow) a warning will appear over the Tension Gauge. If the player still keeps avoiding all types of contact "Negative Penalty" will appear, and that player will lose all stored Tension.
>Keep-away or run-away tactics will not incur Negative Penalty if the player is actively using some form of offense. Even if it's passive, it's more than enough to not get penalized. For example, if an Axl player remains full screen and tries to keep the opponent away from him using long-range attacks, he will not get penalized.
for negative penalty to occur you quite literally have to constantly run away or put your controller down. You keep saying you are getting hit with negative penalty for throwing a fireballs at the opponent when it's literally impossible to happen if your opponent is getting hit or blocking them. I don't know how the fuck did no one pointed this out and just kept giving you (You)s like I'm doing right now

No one plays the game here. We just larp.

I will. Have fun crying about it on the internet.

I have LITERALLY gotten a Negative Penalty warning,dashed up to the opponent,done a blockstring,and still got my meter taken away. This is absolute bullshit.

I wanted to see how far he would dig. Anyone who complains about negative penalty is a shitter and it’s fun to see them try and explain themselves

I’ve noticed. You’re all scum.

The absolute state of user.

>promising upcoming game from a cool IP
yes they still give little reason to doubt

zoomer detected

I bet you hit 2 buttons and started backdashing again like a fucking idiot

No you haven’t. Stop lying. It’s literal computer code. Hard CODED rules. If you triggered it’s cause you were playing wrong and avoiding combat, even if inadvertently. Record your gameplay, and review it. Stop blaming the game, it’s you who needs to learn how to play.

Throwing fireballs doesn't trigger negative penalty
In fact sitting and doing nothing but blocking fireballs actually would before sitting and throwing them does. Axel and Venom almost never worry negative penalty for example, because he's not moving backwards.
What triggers negative penalty is constant backdashing, back airdashing and jumping back. Running away triggers it, but even just airdashing forwards over your opponent out of the corner is enough to reset the timer. What's probably happening is you throw a few fireballs, then they get close to you and you panic backdash twice then jump and double jump backwards, instead of just a single IAD back if you want more space and throwing another fireball
Really all it does is stop people from retreating to full screen multiple times in a row without at least attempting something in between. If you're doing anything but constantly retreating it almost never activates. The best argument against it is actually how rarely it comes into play if you're actually playing intelligently, since you should almost never actually just be running away without doing anything, unless you've got the life lead and are trying to run out the clock, which usually means there's only a couple seconds left and in that case it won't have any effect anyway.

>GG players have been waiting so long for it
Wait, what? Seriously? People think it's been a long time since the last GG? wtf

Xrd came out when the PS3 was still relevant, compared to Mortal Kombat getting two games this generation.

Play SamSho. It's not a footsie game, honest.

I play VF, you have no idea what a long time is

Rev2 just barely came out like 2-3 years ago.
X-rays, Rev, Rev2, all these are Guilty Gear games that came out this gen.

okay,m-maybe I did air backdash a bit too much

Attached: 1523154699315.jpg (768x945, 87K)

>Boasting about being a retard who will give out money for free
Based, you got me user, give cygames and arcsys your money like a chad

>burst overdrive
i didn't mind it, but i wouldn't be say if it were to be removed
>blue burst, gold burst
have a different type of burst is nice I feel
>clash
clashes are so minor there's no reason to remove them
>danger time, hellfire, mortal counter
sure
>guts
a better health system would be nice
>initial proration
no, what the fuck
>instant block
no
>instant kill
are you retarded
>jump install
pretty useless mechanic for nearly every character, so sure
>PRC, YRC
should definitely be rebalanced in terms of tension cost, start-up and ESPECIALLY recovery, though I can see why you would want to see it removed
>RISC
heavily favors certain characters like Johnny, should definitely be nerfed overall
>stagger
fuck stagger
>tension pulse, negative penalty
arbitrary mechanics to promote offensive play, don't care too much
>ukemi
make it hold-to-tech and we're good

Says someone who gives their money to a cringe game like GG.

Hope you have fun singing along to jibberish english rock songs playing against nobody in your desertscape game

Wait for the inevitable new JoJo game.

Attached: GER.gif (400x225, 977K)

Maybe I’m not poor and don’t mind supporting my favorite company for products that interest me. ASW has never given me any reason to doubt them. I’ll be picking up GBVS and the new Guilty Gear, alongside for S3 for DBFZ day 1, and I’ll be playing all 3 online and offline for months, maybe more.

Keep on crying you stupid friendless neckbeard.

If it has faust in it. I will buy it. Didnt they reveal woolie to be one of the new playable characters?

Are you mentally ill??? I dont even play xrd, even If I were to buy it I never buy an arcsys game at full price lmao. Please go ahead and give the gacha lords your money

hahahaha now this is cope

seethe more buddy

>the target audience for this will be LITERALLY EVERYONE
every time

Attached: 1564904763037.jpg (560x560, 326K)

>this is the kinda retard crying about Guilty Gear getting dumbed down
As if we needed any proof. We already knew you don’t playing fighting games nor support the developers. You have no room to complain about changing tides. You’re an irrelevant factor.

>implying Japanese developers don't say that literally all the time.

Dont know why you are so assblasted, I was just saying that gbvs is not worth full price, but if you want to give buy it then go ahead I wont stop you lol
>Keep on crying you stupid friendless neckbeard
This is underage-tier projection user

Cope

>people doomposting despite seeing some gameplay and it looking perfectly like guilty gear but with new shit like stage transitions.

>supporting my favorite company for products that interest me
How does someone type these words without cringing themselves inside out
mmm i love to consume products

>a team wins the trust of people over the course of many years
>I can't believe you just want to mindlessly consume any product.

Which is almost the opposite of what he's actually saying.

I hate doom posting like this. It's fine if the statement is obvious as fuck. But they are saying here that there will be significant changes and that to not expect what you are normally thinking about GG2020.

I honestly am baffled how you guys automatically think they are making the game casual. With this kind of statement.

it's the wording I'm talking about dingus

Oh, that's just conditioning. Like people calling things to do in game "content"

it's going to be like samsho and granblue

He basically said nothing of substance besides
>we wanna make a gud gaem
except he used multiple buzzword-laden paragraphs to say it.

There's nothing in here to even speculate about.

So why are people pushing the narrative that he's saying they are dumbing down the game?

That gatling looked like some autocombo shit instead of something like c.S ->f.S ->HS so I'm going in wary.

I hope I don't have to mash to recover now

Has it ever not been after something like this?
Like, if anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt it's Daisuke Ishiwatari, but this is also the guy that made a Guilty Gear console exclusive MOBA/RTS thing.
Making significant changes in the interest of "New and existing players" is almost always bullshit blazing standing in for "dumbing shit down."
All the nonsense about disassembling the franchise into fragments and only using the pieces that make it "unique and charismatic" if it was some marketing fuck talking about the next Doom would be damning as hell.
It's pretty understandable that some vague nonsense about retooling the game from the ground up, after 5 years of every fighting game coming out being more simplified and beginner friendly than the last, that specifically makes mention of it being a game that can be for everyone would be pretty worrying.

Honestly even if it turns out fantastic and all the fears are unfounded, I'm pretty disappointed that it's almost certainly not just going to be Xrd fixed. Xrd never got to feel like it reached it's final, complete version. There's still a few pretty significant characters missing, the last balance patch buffed the best character in the game and nerfed one of the worst, and there's a handful of characters that have really neat concepts but that they struggled to fully realize who would have really loved a reworking for a new game like Bedman or Ram or Kum.
I don't like being in a position where the visionary behind the series promising a risky ambitious new take is more worrying than just more of the same, but better, but I am.

>fast
bullshit

Guts and all the bullshit that comes with it should fuck off

>4 months
They literally will not shut up until the next game, if even then
>t. monster hunter fan

>Testament is a trap
lmao

First time player here. Tried out a practice session and this shit is hard. I'm going into it with no online resources or tutorials or anything like that, just learning as much as I can on my own to start out. All I've got so far is completely inefficient meme stuff like the webm and a somewhat more practical, similar combo that starts with standing slash > crouching slash > the slide move > cancel. Movement and buffering are going to take some getting used to, any tips for specific Ky stuff to practice?

Attached: Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2_20190808153958.webm (853x480, 2.76M)

have sex or unironically kill yourself because if you can't understand how consumerism works, just do everyone a favor and end yourself

After sfv, I wouldn't blame them.

Damn, they're pandering to Yea Forums now

Boiling a series down to its base components is not a bad thing. The new Samurai Shodown did just that, and I would say it succeeded; the defining traits of Samurai Shodown have always been slower-paced neutral play, pokes, and high damage punishes. Comparing V Special to 7, the former certainly has more things in it, but the newer Samsho just feels a lot tighter. I wouldn't worry about this announcement too much.

>4 months
Try ever since we had comments about the next guilty gear period. Now it's just amplified and it was already irritating back then. I might just avoid GG threads because of this cause this idiotic doomposting and fear mongering is even going on with twitter.

Because how else are they going to shitpost. Literally the second that trailer went up people were already making this completely absurd assumptions of the game like they've been playing it for months already.

I am now reminded of all those years of GG fans screaming "HURRRR GUILTY GEAR IS THE MOST HARDCORE FIGHTING GAME EVURRR! YOU SHOULD STOP WHATEVER FIGHTING GAME YOU'RE PLAYING RIGHT NOW AND PLAY GG IF YOU'RE NOT A SCRUB!"

Now I am against making fighting games easier, but I hope GG does get toned down just for that sweet sweet karma.

I don't think they're going to do just that. It's not just "returning to the series roots (GGX or even the ps1)" but a brand new take on the series so it's most likely going to play very differently to the previous titles and reinterpret most ideas in new ways.

I like that it's going to be a different approach and them taking a chance with it. If it's not that great, well whatever Rev2 and +R still exists that you can play anyway. Whatever the new spin is we can tell from the trailer that it's still a fighting game at least so can't be that worried.

>implying
Those guys never played GG. Its the same fuckers who claim to play Garou and 3S for e-peen.
user that's cute but very inefficient. You dont need to RC the Vapor Thrust to Ride the Lightning, its a waste of meter. As a Ky player, your goal is to harass your opponent with your superior midrange buttons, rounded tools such as stun edge and put them in a compromising position such as knockdown grinder Heavy Stun Edge.

Watch this guy's vids youtu.be/9cwUGqHmeXM for a dexent breakdown of how to play a halfway decent Ky. For now your goal is to properly use your tools: f.S>Stun edge to harass from modrange, 6P to punish jump and airdash ins, 2H to punish those as well but from a deeper angle, and to end in a knockdown, usually 2D, Split Ciel (236D) or properly spaced Stun Dipper into Heavy Stun Edge

Daily reminder that GG4 will be a timed PS4/5 exclusive. Xboners and Switchlets need not apply at all.

>People who play fighting games

Why so autistic?

Attached: kemonito fed up.webm (414x298, 2.53M)

How is that surprising? Even the fucking reveal song is about how Ishiwatari is raging about how casual Arc forced him to make the new Guilty, THIS IS BULLSHIT LAZY and WE ALREADY KNOW THE SMELL OF THE GAME because we already know how casualized fighting games stink.

>It sells far more in the west than japan.
Yeah you fucking retard, what about how much money they make at the arcades? If Mikado is still filled with people playing rev2 then the profit is fucking huge.

This game just pisses me off to look at now. I liked the beta alright, but it needed improvements in a lot of areas, but thankfully it was all fixable within the context of the game without ripping it's guts out. Then they announced that RPG mode, thought to myself oh neat this looks like a fun single mode to fuck around with for the side while I play the real game, but then the 11 character announcement and my hope just completely flushed. It's not so much the 11 characters roster size is the problem, but it's the context of it. The characters as they are all way too simple and shallow. The auto being the same on all the buttons and be the same even if you input different commands for like LLL/LMH kills variety on the spot. And character variety being very underwhelming for a source material that should excel at that and so on and so on.

Granblue versus is not intended for people who like the genre at all already even if it's a little bit. The potential I saw the game is still there, but the faith I had in them actually bothering to try to attain is completely zeroed out now. I can't believe I'd say this too, but people who likes the gameplay of versus in it's current state honestly should just play SFV instead.

>THAT IS BULLSHIT LAZY

Question:
How do you expect a small team of like 20 people to churn out 20+ characters AND a new game in the span of 12 months of dev time?

>new GG plays like a clash combo video

According to arcsys the game has been in development for 3 years. Expect most of the season 1 DLC characters to be available on release day.

RIP gatekeeping tismos more like.

Did xrd launch at the same time on pc and consoles?

sounds good to me. gg xrd is a great game but the gameplay mechanics are a clusterfucking mess and i'd love to see something totally new
no, but this game surely will

The general is good

>devs still think making a game easier will make casuals stay

Attached: 1560199582990.jpg (387x461, 24K)

Honestly. I just wanted more Blazblue.
But not that tag battle crap. Just another Blazblue with the same core cast and some more new ones.

here's what I hope. They dumb it down super hard. Another game developer will release a super simple game with ggpo and characters that a lot of people care about. All the newcomers leave because even compared to the dumbed down guilty gear the new game is way easier. Game is dead. Daisuke says fuck it and patches out all the elements that make it easy and makes the game harder than xrd.

Why?

>it's eyes of heaven 2

Because I liked the Blazblue cast a bit more?
I mean in guilty gear I only really like Dizzy, May and Faust.
Most of the cast of BB are quite well designed and interesting to play. Plus GG has no Scratchy Scratchy!

Blazblue has reached its end though. Both narratively and mechanically. They pretty much explored everything they could with the games till CF became a bloated mess.

I’m sure everyone will bitch about new Guilty Gear like how every moron said Tekken 7 is worse than it’s predecessors and dishonestly accuse it of being coin flips.

This is Arcsys, not capcom. They understand a fighting game needs content. They’re already shown that they’re sparing no expense on the visuals and presentation so as long as the initial roster is solid, whatever mechanic changes they make will be irrelevant to the overall success. It’ll be fine, you bloody man babies

Most people agree with your sentiment. The people bitching don’t even play fighting games, they’re just looking to start shit.

>DBZF dead
>KLK is a party Naruto brawler
>GBVS will have 11 characters on launch, dead on arrival
>GG casualized, dead on arrival

I'm done with this company. They can't make anything good anymore.

Yet at the same time managed to say they taking what makes GG GG. That in itself is a contradiction, if you are over 20 years old and cannot discern marketing speak at this point, specially this garbage diatribe thats meant to manipulate you, and you live in a first world country, you are lost.

Fellow AC+’er.

Reporting in.

Attached: 52F7F31E-1D82-4228-91DC-BB249C27FD35.jpg (680x684, 42K)

Why is bridget the only male that gets doujins

Literally came here to post this.

In this post are objective facts.

I see your new here.

Play AC+ not this new wave shit you bandwagon’d on to. It sounds like you’ve only got one game, and that’s Xrd, under your belt.

All of those statements are blatantly false.

DBFZ is alive and well with over 100k spectators during EVO, a new record for a Saturday game. It also just recently had a new character release.

KLK is literally the opposite if a Naruto Brawler, being the first ever competitively designed Arena Fighter.

GBVS won’t be dead on arrival, and neither will GG. Both look fantastic.

Imagine pretending that you seriously play GG of all fighting games, on fucking Yea Forums

Attached: 1518141703432.png (332x322, 202K)

>Old = good
>New = bad

eh, i was going to start this series with the next version so i don't mind if it's a complete reconstruction of GG. maybe they'll let themselves get influenced by french bread style games which i would enjoy.
as long as the game is good i don't really care if it's "guilty gear" or not.

>new record for a Saturday game
what

>>This is Arcsys, not capcom. They understand a fighting game needs content.
Explain GBFV

Imagine pretending that you seriously play video games of all forms of entertainment, on fucking Yea Forums.

>that bridges people together
death stranding isn't even out and people are trying to knock off kojima's strand genre.

Looks great. I don’t see the problem you whiny bitch.

Games have been social well before that faggot hipster pretended to make a new genre.

Nonbelievers will all be thrown into the pits of Overture for their sins.

Since they are creating a new experience for everybody in the next game, should i play jive in order to learn the fundamentals of fighting games?

Is Overture even any good?

Nobody respect BBTAG and DBFZ why would they do that to GG?

>game will be a Danger Time shitfest
CAN'T WAIT!

>we want the JoJo audience

Attached: 1562769861807.jpg (540x360, 60K)

he is doing that because GG has been bleedding players since rev1 across the globe.
I trust Daisuke on this. You fags forget that #Reload was an amazing game and it didn't half the shit that was included in Accent Core and the later AC revisions

It'll probably be fine as the trailer looked great

[/spoiler]but part of me wants a "Guilty Gear 3"[/spoiler]

Attached: allmyworstfears.png (572x434, 204K)

GG3
Overture 2

FUCK IM SO FUCKING RETARDED FUCM MY ASS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH 5

XRD is probably the title the had biggest number of players bleeding. many of its players moved to other fighting games. stop with the strawhat retard. if XRD was as good as you fags make it sound to be its playerbase wouldn't be so low.

Farewell. ArcRevo will make or break this game for me.

Or Guilty Gear Isuka 2.

I have always been curious about RTS. Or I guess I'll play SamSho and Uniclr if something bad actually happens.

I don't think people are giving "full-frontal confrontation with the essence of the fighting game genre" enough importance. People are fixated about "dumbing down" but this is a whole different ordeal.
#Reload was simpler and I love it. I was happy that stuff like mash to tech was going to go away for good. But now it seems something entirely different is coming.

Guilty Gear 2, Isuka, Dust Strikers, Judgement. There's many random stuff in this franchise.

Guilty Gear 2 was actually pretty fun, but what I need the most is a single last GG with a complete cast.

Attached: 1540848254437.gif (969x700, 645K)

>arc: gg2020 is not just going to be xrd, it will be a completely new guilty gear with enough content to please old and new fans alike
>Yea Forums: WTF GUILTY GEAR IS DEAD THEY ARE DUMBING DOWN THE SERIES EVEN THOUGH I CAN'T EVEN DO MY MAINS COMBOS WTFFF

Attached: 76c39028d43598532fc845d8ce1f151e.png (855x855, 10K)

A proper platform fighter by ArcSys would be dope.

Too bad it will have garbage netcode like all arcshyt games

this sounds dope though

every new game needs to be a tortanic for Yea Forums. tortonic is actually the worst shit that happened to this board
the retards don't know that the first guilty gear is a lot different from X, X from XX, XX from XX Reload, Reload from AC, AC from XRD.
Of course the new GG is going to be different, god damn it

First blazblue got dumbed down and now this. What's next P4U2 getting dumbed down?

>We've disassembled the current franchise into fragments and sifted out the pieces that make it unique and charismatic
What features would these be?

it can be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if that's actually what they're trying to do, but it really can go either way

oh yeah granblue what an engaging franchi-

Based +R'er

Melty Blood

What's with you Arcsys guys and your constant doomsaying? Every few years and it's "X is gonna kill fighting games or [franchise]

Things changing is bery bad!

Change is often scary.

What does that mean?
More autocombos?
Gachashit mechanics?
All characters play the same?
More niggers?

I don't understand.

Attached: 25349166847932366831971.png (963x720, 602K)

I've learnt that these types of statements are never a positive. If it was just going to play differently then say that, instead it is a ramble of justifications. And I wouldn't even blame them for the change, Yea Forums has had 24 hour threads on the game just from a trailer that told us nothing. 99% of those never played a fighter regularly, but ArcSys are the cool company right now cause they make the pretty games. Their games have never had longevity, so might as well aim for sales.

Anime players are the worst for this. They'll jerk off how complex their series is and how everything else is going to shit. But soon as their game starts getting simplified it is all, what is the problem I love simple games they will do it great anyway [game they dropped in a week] was great so they can simplify it good!

It literally just means that the game won't be another revision like Revelator. It's going to be a completely different game.

>BBTAG is garbage
>DBFZ is garbage
>GBVS is gonna be garbage
Look like people are right.

>DBFZ is alive and well with over 100k spectators during EVO
I love how you jumped for spectators, not players. Also ignoring how none of your frauds watched it throughout the year.

Attached: 1552622016364.jpg (2126x404, 105K)

>retard who doesn't play fighting games pretends he knows everything about fighting games

>Their games have never had longevity
There are BB and GG players that have stuck with their series for over a decade.

>with enough content to please old and new fans alike
You mean the same lie we always get? When has a complete retooling from the ground up actually resulted in a game loved by casuals and serious players alike?

The closest I could think is MHW, but it isn't really a complete retooling and still causes arguments about whether many of the changes were good.

It's fine. I trust him more than I could ever trust that sack of fucking shit Mori.

>DBFZ was hype at first because of its name alone
>one of the most entrants evo 2018 sunday spot
>it is now 2019 and everyone is saying the game is stale, too easy, everyone play the same way and boring
>reduced to a saturday spot
>BBXTAG the game with the lowest entrants this year
>even more of a joke than smash
Yes lets keep pandering to those casuals right arc system.

it means it is a brand new installment instead of being another update on Xrd

I found Yea Forums

Attached: GG new audience.png (636x92, 10K)

Yeah but each time they do a simple fighter it general preforms pretty good in sales and initial hype. I believe even P4A did better than BB did or Xrd would do. They never expected top slot, so middle of the pack is good enough. They have no reason not to dumb down, cause the bigger picture of trying to make a complex game popular seems like way more of a risk.

Highly aggressive gameplay with strong defensive options to balance it out
Heavy focus on Oki
High damage per hit so even shorter BnB combos are highly rewarding
Unique characters that offer extremely varied gameplay styles
Mechanical depth that creates complex and very rewarding mind games
The best butt-rock in the business

I can't believe motherfucking DRAGONBALL Z sell more then GG and BB!.
I can't believe RWBY make retards buy the game more!
I can't believe gacha tards are going to buy GBVS!

Its almost as if there is a pattern here but I wonder which it is hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

>Throwing fireballs doesn't trigger negative penalty
It actually does for Raven because he does that jump back during the animation.

> change bad

>Testament is a trap character
You're thinking of Bridget

God guilty gear fags are so insecure. Can't understand that people buy and play a game because its good, so they have to be schizo and create a false narrative on why other games are better and more successful than your shit game

You're a fucking retard if you don't see why these games sell better. No fucking shit games based on an already existing franchise with a huge fanbase sell more you fucking brainlet. Just include some guest character from a garbage western franchise and watch GG sell more.

>We want the crosstag/dbfz money/audience
I can't believe there'll be a worse game in the franchise than Isuka

Attached: 1493217711383.gif (216x150, 1.98M)

This is my main. No one else is allowed to use him.

Attached: That_Man.png (470x587, 298K)

>maining a furry faggot
lmao

Attached: Asuka_R._Kreuz-0.png (322x499, 210K)

That's no way to talk about the savior of the GG universe

P4A increased the company's profile.
DBFZ increased the company's profile
GBV is increasing the company's profile

Each time they make one of these games people become more aware of them and their talents. They need to find out how much this can transfer to their own products. People didn't just get hyped for KLK if cause it was a brand, but that many believed arcsys hand could make it into more than a generic arena brawler. They have a image now that can help sell a game.

Did you know that Guilty Gear was trending on twitter when the announcement happened? That isn't something that would happen 10 years ago, arcsys have become a known entity and this has boosted the profile of all their brands along with it. They are in a position where a new GG could take off big. So they could choose to stick to their guns, or look for mass appeal

>Just the side
Why not the whole thing user?

never ever

You know they said the same thing before Xrd right?

Because the player base is plenty active online, it’s just not quantifiable. EVO entrants = total player count you utter mouthbreathing retard. Especially not with Toei shutting down grassroots tourneys till Banco told them to fucking cool it. Many people, like (you) thought the game was gonna die when that was happening, and it’s in fact not fully recovered yet as people haven't fully realized it’s cool to cast non official tourneys again.

But yes, the game is “dying” right? Over 1000 EVO entrants, and over 100,000 spectators. That’s what death looks like, right retard?

Is this input the biggest casuals filter in gaming?

Attached: this kill the casual.jpg (1024x559, 36K)

>too easy
No one says that. In fact people are saying the opposite. Competition is fierce. The only ones saying the game is easy are blue square online warriors who get thrashed constantly and need a crutch to cope with.

unironically yes

It’s not even hard to do though. Especially on stick.

If its so easy to do why does DBFZ and BBTAG doesn't have it?

>it’s just not quantifiable.
Actually it is, there is in fact a number of players. It is quite literally a quantity.

>the game is “dying” right?
So it has the same or more players online compared to last year? So it isn't losing players at every event compared to last year? It isn't getting less views overall? Feel free to post this and show me how booming the game is

bro i was ripping shoryukens when i was 7 years old

How many players are playing DBFZ on PS4 currently. How many were playing at launch? Go on tell me.

I don't see the part where its implied GG is gonna be casualized. am I missing something?

Less

Love how you run away from tournaments and steam where we can actually measure stuff, to one where the numbers are hidden. Kinda seems like you don't believe what you are saying and know that the tournament scene is dying.

Attached: 1561457342177.png (1150x932, 117K)

This is Arcsys. It will probably be more in line with BB or p4a. They went pretty far down the casual line with DBFZ, but it was done to obviously appeal to the marvel tag/DB crowd.

>he doesn't know about devs ''we want new players'' sentence
oof

A drop in players due to extraneous circumstances and a crowded market with a mega bombshell like Smash Ultimate on the scene doesn’t mean a game is dying you moron.

Now matter how badly you want DBFZ to die cause you couldn’t git gud at it, it’s not gonna die. So keep on coping faggot.

>We want new players
Isn't that a good thing?

>UNIST beating baby fighters z
Now thats what I call based.

Attached: 1564761397287.gif (270x252, 967K)

>Dizzy hardcore zoner
Literally I go unga bunga after one summon.

People don't realize the single inputs aren't the hard part (maybe 360 motions are the hardest single inputs), its trying to shoryu inside a combo string

I’m sorry. You’re showing me tournament entrants. I thought you said PS4 player numbers are quantifiable. Please show me that data.

Also, it seems you’ve conveniently forgotten about this and how it impacted the tournament scene for the game.

Attached: 9E53A535-5467-4F79-9BAE-12EB85F21F85.jpg (750x1146, 547K)

It is. But wannabe retard who don’t play but wanna pretend they do are gonna act like it’s doomsday.

too bad it was such a snorefest at evo

arguably the worst top 8 at the tournament

>arguably the worst top 8 at the tournament
Thought that was MK

Nah, that would be holding back or down-back to block.

we want new players= We are dumbing down the game

Guilty Goy on sewer side watch

Simplifying =/ = Dumbing down. Especially when it comes to fighting games.

This also isn’t Smash, so we’ll never see stuff like random tripping added in. We’ve got nothing to worry about. GG is actually the one franchise that could stand to have some streamlining and simplification, and pretty much everyone agrees with that.

But that's wrong, dumbing down games isn't going to introduce more people since no matter how much you dumb it down, bad players still won't be able to win.
Putting in more meaningful (single player) content however will bring in more players.

Rev 2 only has a movie, a simple arcade mode and MOM mode which is kinda meh due to the grind. Something with more lasting appeal would go a long way in appealing to a newer audience.

Attached: 6588636d906e35059e97ba38a6c89822.png (848x600, 575K)

ArcShits only knows how to make kusoges these days.

Yeah bro GBVS is not dumbed down at all for new players its just more simple haha lol

What is considered too hard for casuals?
Tk moves, TK IAD, SNK motion, Character specific combos?

Are people really surprised after how good dbz performed with sales
Most people saw this coming from miles away, just be ready for red and purple RC to be removed and a few mechanics to prevent steamrolls

What the appeal of shitposting about a game you don’t even play? I’ll never understand that.

IT ALL RETURNS TO NOTHING, IT JUST KEEPS TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DDOOOOOWWNNNNN

Literally everything. Nobody want to practice and nobody want to get spend 15 hours in training mode to learn a combo.

Everything must become smash.

GBVS is a different IP, and it looks great. I’m excited for that game. I don’t see your argument.

That’s perfectly fine. There’s a ton of mechanics in GG that could stand to go, like Jump Installs, Danger Time, etc...

BB mainline will become the hardcore series.

lmaoing at goobers who all laughed at BB chads.

Clearly you’ve never played Smash, that game also requires hours of training learning combos, AND character specific movement options.

Combos, that btw, may not even work all the time thanks to DI.

> I’m excited for that game
Enjoy your zero depth game and your mashing auto combo.

>looks at BBTAG
LOL.

>BB mainline
Is that even a thing anymore?

Attached: 1535486712883.gif (500x459, 262K)

>OH NO, DISSENTING OPINIONS, HELP ME REDDIT! HELP ME JANNIES!
Prove that I don't play the game, retard.

Any retards can pick up smash and play. Now try that with other fighting games try and explain to the normalfags npc how to do a srk motion.

I will.
Enjoy crying about it on the internet.

It's fun.

>mainline

If its not anymore at least BB ended on a good note.

Will do.

Pls.

I'll enjoy all the people complaining about how easy and boring the game is just like im enjoying the people shitting on DBFZ and BBTAG right now.

The difference is that in smash you can learn the basics and play competently in less than an hour.
Often a player can get used to a character in the span of a single match

An hour in guilty gear with no experience is gonna have you get completely destroyed online.

>Gatchashit wants a real and palatable game to rake in more NEETbucks
Did you expect Kill La Kill IF to steal a spot at EVO too?

I wish I could play fighting games, its just no use with all the lag

Attached: '.gif (371x209, 1.55M)

I don’t need to. You’ve already done that yourself.

I don’t understand your argument. Smash still has high level play and mechanical depth. Any retard and pick up and play it, but not any retard can enter and win a major. That’s a good thing. That’s what all fighting games should strive for. Simple and easy to understand games with a shitton of depth, and hours of neaningful 1P content.

If there’s anything the genre should do actually, is copy Smash.

More players isn’t a bad thing if it doesn’t come at the cost of high level competitive play and mechanical depth.

>You’ve already done that yourself.
How so? Prove it.

Yeah, kinda sad. They could be playing the game but instead chose to waste their time whining cause it was too hard for them, I mean, sorry “too easy.”

>normie friend wanted to play street fight for nostalgia
>ryu mirror
>while I’m spamming fireball at him, he be like, “yo wtf how do you do that?”
>teach him how to do it
>literally cannot do fireball cuz he mistime on everything
>”ayo fuck this let’s just play smash”
Special inputs are literal rocket science to them.

Tell me one good reason why I should take this statement in any other way other than "marketing speak to mask how dumb down the game is gonna be now".

>no more motions
>no more IAD
>all mechanic removed
>reduced the game to two button
>attack button and dust button
I will buy your game now

>in smash you can learn the basics and play competently in less than an hour.

No you can’t. You absolutely cannot. You’ve clearly never played competitively if you think so. Smash takes dozens if not hundreds of hours to get competent enough for tourney play.

actually this is bold and good move from Daisuke
GG was niche from FG fans point of view
FG itself is a niche but GG was on whole another level
it's no surprise DBFZ made a lot more sale than GG but is it because of IP? maybe
but DBFZ was definitely easier and deep enough to draw FGC
GG in the other hand
very few

You mean like BB did even better? Or KI?

>WHY DON'T PEOPLE ENJOY TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe people have taste and aren't blindly buying everything like braindead npc.

But you already did.

Who the fuck mentioned tourney play? I'm talking competently, as in you can go online and have matches where it feels like you understand the game on a fundamental level.

>smelly smash tards invading the thread
No wonder it smell bad here now.

>thinking mori won't go after that casual cash after bbtag
come on

Why must you all assume the worst of every game ever made?

Attached: 1508173753311.png (304x224, 20K)

What kind of vague horse shit is this nonsense?

also they gotta stop these new version = new game bs they are pulling
make it like Tekken 7 where updates come as seasonal
one of many reason many people don't but is because they come up with "new" version every now and then as a NEW game which obviously could've been done as Season 1 DLC

This

Because people who think that don’t know Daisuke Ishiwatari and his track record. Aka, they’re not fans of the franchise and don’t play the games in the first place.

Keep on crying buddy. I’m not the one who sucks so hard they need to cry about it on Yea Forums, praying the game dies soon, so they can cope with the shame.

I hope its something like Anarchy Reigns, except limited to 2=4 players so the network doesn't shit itself

>faggots love using the term "toxic" to refer to non-chemical shit
>I hate faggots
>ergo, I hate people who use the term "toxic" to refer to non-chemical shit
Simple as

>Animelard complaining about smell
lmao goobers were the original stinkies, shows how new you are to the scene. You NEVER forget the rancid ass smell of an anime tournament. One whiff lasts a lifetime.

>Type in smash on YouTube
>it’s mostly salt/rage compilation
Why do smash players freak out like a kid getting his candy stolen?

Its funny how fighting games is the only genre that Yea Forums will defend its casualization.

I wonder why

Because one look at arc system latest fighting games and you will understand.

You're the biggest retard in this thread by far

I’m sorry. I miss read your post. I thought you said “competitively.”

Yeah, competently, 1 hour maybe if you have experience with other Smash games. Multiple days to a few weeks if Italy your first game.

I speak from personal experience, I got my old flatmate into it with 4, and he was mostly a Tekken guy. He got good enough to win doubles with me online in like about a month. And that was playing it every day.

That said, “competently” doesn’t help your argument. “Competently” isn’t high level play. It’s actually, once again, what all devs should aim for. Easy to learn and play, difficult to master. That’s the winning formula. I see no reasonable argument against that. Smash, once again, is a good example.

You wanna play competitively? Break out training mode, drill your combos, defensive, and movement options just like any other fighter. 100s of hours going into that. However, those that don’t want that can still have fun, play characters online and feel good about themselves, or, just fool around with FFA matches, or the 1P content.

All of those are things all fighting games should look into. Optional casual modes, meaningful 1P content, streamlined mechanics and controls that are intuitive and easy to learn, but difficult to master so they don’t undermine competitive play.

That isn't even true. MHW was casualized and Yea Forums loves if

Japanese Smashfags don’t smell. Sorry Burger-kun. Take a shower.

Well damn, if they said they were changing the formula up, I was assuming it was just going to be just a special side project for the series. No need to be hostile.

They look great. What’s your argument?

If autocombos are more like GBVS than DBFZ then I wouldn't mind them.

I asked "How so?". You then have to prove that your explanation to that question is valid and pertinent to the original post.

Also, you are already wrong, only one of those posts is mine.

Attached: Untitled.png (1462x614, 100K)

You are on an american image board you stupid weeb. There is no japanese people here.

>Doesn't help your argument
It does when you are comparing it to guilty gear, have you ever even played it?
Guilty gear has none of that easy to learn bullshit. The director has stated by design the series was meant to be "very hard", and it shows.

Is the nog part of Ishiwatari's marketing plan to appeal to more people?

Correct. And if you’re one if the idiots who made that post. You’ve already outed yourself as a shitposter who doesn’t play the games.

Congratulations.

Even the fucking teaser make it pretty obvious its a traditional fighting game and also the fact it got announced at EVO.

>Because one look at arc system latest fighting games
I don't understand the issue at all. GG is a different beast.

dude what, proximity auto combos are awful

>You’ve already outed yourself as a shitposter who doesn’t play the games.
How so? Prove it.

There's no reason to ever be positive about any new game in a long running franchise until it's out and playable.

>all dumbed down casual shit
Yup great

I’m sorry, what was that? You’re a brainless moron who doesn’t shower? Oh I already knew that. Please never come to Japan. Ktnxbai.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.41M)

Fuck it just make it a pseudo RTS again.

Can any of you casuals tell me what's fun about auto-combo what is fun about spamming one button over and over?

why would GG be immune?
bottom line is that casualization made their games more popular

>KLK is literally the opposite if a Naruto Brawler, being the first ever competitively designed Arena Fighter.
Bitch go play Gundam VS. Or hell even look up Super DBZ.

You know that GG is a passion project right? It's not supposed to have big appeal like the other more casual fighters arcsys makes.
Even blazblue was made to be easier right from the get go, but guilty gear remained difficult

>goober this mad that someone called his game shit
>IF Y-YOU DON'T LIKE THEN YOU MUST NOT HAVE PLAYED IT

Attached: 1537221155768.jpg (192x171, 15K)

>all this doomposting over one cryptic post by daisuke
jesus fucking christ JUST WAIT TILL THE DEMO

Attached: 1557605317233.png (325x300, 87K)

This.

and he want GG to become big. Now what to do if you are Daisuke?

Because streamlining the game so it’s easier to pick up and play isn’t a bad thing. Everyone already agreed Xrd had mechanical bloat.

And you’re the one who brought up Smash. The most popular fighting game in the genre. I’ve been saying for years now fighting game devs could stand to learn a shitton from Smash. I’d much rather analogue movement than mash to win autocombos if I’m honest.

So was BB.

your a retard if you think daisuke doesn't care about guilty gears popularity

>I live in japan so everyone on Yea Forums live in japan
oof the average IQ of jizzbrain

Doesn’t look like it to me. Maybe you should stop being a tryhard. No one thinks your cool cause you pretend to be good at games you don’t actually play.

Daisuke thought Danger Time was a good thing.

You already did.

>too dumb to understand the concept of the WORLD WIDE WEB
When you learn who owns Yea Forums, you’re gonna have your mind blown. I rest my case.

>BBTAG is garbage
>DBFZ is garbage
woow.. tag games are trash..? no way...

>GBVS is gonna be garbage
did you play the demo, it's a nice slow paced game with intense neutral that plays more like SF than an anime fighter

Maybe because Guilty Gear was made by design to not be easy to pickup so that it's dedicated fans can enjoy a mechanically rich experience.
The only "dumbing down" the series could use is removing some of the useless mechanics you rarely see.

>streamlining GG
Explain to me how is removing mechanic, motions and other stuff gonna make the still hard at high level.

Idk about BBTAG, but DBFZ and GBVS are great.

If GG2020 ends up being the Tekken 7 of GG then I'm fine with that.

American website.

>Doesn’t look like it to me.
Thats because you're a 18's who's first fighting game is DBFZ.

>toxic
go back to LoL

Because Tekken 7 and SamSho also got streamlined and they’re better than ever.

Do you even play fighting games bro? You’re playing against an opponent, not a PC. The more you can bring out the competitive interaction between the two players, the “harder” the game is.

"You already did" is not a coherent response to the question "How so?". Are you ESL, retarded, or both?

That's rhetorical btw, I already know the answer because you like nu-ArcSys.

>dude GBVS is totally just like SF believe me!
Its a shitty baby game with no combo and mechanic. Enjoy your cooldown special and mash square all day long.

T7 is outright worse than 5DR tho

Not it wasn’t. Guilty Gear was made to be a fighting game with “style.” That’s it. Daisuke’s own words. It had a period in time where it was the most hardcore, but now it’s changing directions. Again.

>Its a shitty baby game with no combo and mechanic
So... like SF...?

Didn't they say the same shit for the Xrd saga?

Go on tell me all the stuff GG need to remove while still keeping the old players happy.

Why don't you guys just settle it in a lobby?

I’m 29, and have been playing fightan since MK2 on the SNES.

World wide web retard. Not only Americans post here. Shocking, I know. Outside of your fat country, there’s the whole rest of the world with over 5.7 billion other people.

You don't play SF.

>what are the core elements of Guilty Gear that make it unique and charismatic among its peers?
RIDE IT OOOOONNNNNN

Attached: images (7).jpg (196x257, 10K)

it wasn't, fans made a big deal about it and it was deleted

American website.

it isn't "let it out"? what the fuck.

Yes walking is slow and there is startup for backdsashing and running feels unsatisfying. This is the staple of anime games to encourage airdashing or command moves. It's why games like Marvel aren't anime

Sure, I’m down. Got my PS4 booted up and everything. I don’t have the R2 update on this console unfortunately. It’s new.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.54M)

Maybe like a shitty SF. Neither ST or Alpha were slow games, and even 3 (where dashing was a thing) it still had a good game pace compared to the utter dullness that was GBVS.

At least french bread will never lets us down.

>i'm gonna pretend I know what I'm talking about when I actually don't
ok

Attached: 62fe2f08fb12a139709a49ef4f07dd54.jpg (1522x1088, 683K)

Dunno, I’m not a game designer. But I trust Daisuke and Team Red given their track record.

Also, I wanna add it’s 2:30 AM in Japan, and Friday morning in America. The shitposting itt died down when they were all asleep. That should tell you a whole lot about these so called “fans.”

I don't see how it's relevant at all since this was never a discussion over who's better at fighting games despite the gooberfag trying hard to make it about that, but fine. PC only, non-arcshits titles only, I don't feel like playing any shit games today.

How do you go from this to

this

Says the guy who obviously doesn't play SF

Attached: 1533193142543.gif (500x279, 1.6M)

DBFZ putting a huge fucking spotlight on the company.

>morning

Sorry, I thought you said you played Guilty Gear.

Guess you don’t. Welp, that settles that.

He never actually said anything about dumbing down the game to be easier

The entire note is just him saying that the game is going to be a completely new game (not just a new revision) and that he wants it to appeal to both new and returning players (aka have a sizeable amount of content that will make players happy)

Notice that he never said he wants to appeal to a bigger audience, he just wants it so that new people who want to get into it can enjoy the game.

Where does it say he's making the game easier?

He didn't, but higher ups wanted to keep it in.

And now DBFZ get even less entrants than UNIST in big tournament. Its almost as if the game have a low skill ceiling huh oh but simplified= good because more normalfags will play the game!

>higher ups are slayer mains
it all checks out

why are you assuming shit

ask french bread's 10 employees how they managed to outperform every arc sys game

See No matter how much you want it to die, it won’t, retard.

So what now coward? You gonna fucking dodge?

I bet you thought you'd finally found a sucker willing to sit and play that garbage game with you online.

I play it, I just don't enjoy it. I'm not gonna humor your retarded attempts at deflecting criticism towards the games and Arcsys casualization trend by making it about who's better at the game lmao, I genuinely don't give a shit. Game's bad, bro, and Arcshits has been making nothing but shit games since then.

Attached: smug guy.jpg (264x282, 10K)

>PC only
Lol, so you don’t even play fighting games then.

>phoneposting
>still boogeymanposting this faggot shit that had no relevance after 1 week.

Why are you doing this for free, you retarded nigger?

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f (553x720, 543K)

>I play it
No.., you clearly don’t. Lol.

Right here.

>to create a game that both new and existing player alike would want to get their hands on
>it is a high-risk move on our part

Fine. 360 and xbone fighters too, I guess.

Holy shit

Attached: 1559357603946.jpg (598x399, 70K)

That doesn't say they are making the game easier at all

You don't play any fighting games, and even if it was the game you play, you'll keep dodging because you're spineless and don't have what it takes to get your hands dirty. You are weak.

Oh, I get it. Your mad that your shitty waifu didn’t make it in. Maybe in S3 buddy. Then you can stop shitposting for a whole 2 days before you give up again after getting thrashed online, again.

Except I do. Clearly, demonstrably. Prove me wrong.

>Normalfags nostalgic baby first anime won't die
whoa....thats crazy bros.... Doesn't mean the game will be respected from people that actually play fighting games.

I am convinced the people defending versus current state are the actual ASW apologists or just straight up gachatards. The doomposting about GG right now is beyond retarded but the complaints about Versus is more than justified right now. Especially since it’s something that can EASILY be revamped within its own context and turned into a game a way better game without a whole lot more work. I want a more footsie based simple ASW title to play, but Versus is not at that quality to justify being that game.

To emulate the style you see on YouTube clips.

>Daiskue
>does anything
>People flip out
Goddamn. Can't we all just at least wait when the top players get a chance to play it at ArcRevo or something?

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU MAY ONLY CALL THE GAME SHIT IF YOU SPEND MORE TIME PRACTICING IT THAN SOMEONE WHO ENJOYS EATING UP GARBAGE
How many of you skinny goobers have called SFV shit, and how many of you have made it past Silver online? I require proof.

It's going to be fun watching you all defend the casualized garbage that they'll shit out for sure. Can't wait.

It does have you never seen other devs saying this kind of shit?

Cope

I’ll play him at whatever game he wants on PS4. I have all the big ones, and I can hop over to the conbini to pick up a points card to get one I don’t own.
>DBFZ
>SamSho
>GGXrd
>KLK IF
>BBCF
>SkullGirls
>SCVI
Take your pick. I don’t have Tekken 7 yet though. I do plan on getting it soon.

He’s gonna dodge cause he’s a scrub tho.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.97M)

>This insecurity
Holy shit, all this because people called SFV bad? How mature of you user. Maybe you should play your game instead of shitting on others you dont even play.

Since Rev 1? Wouldn't they still be working on Rev 2 back then?

>PC
Whatever you say you bitchface coward.

Different teams.

dbz is boring every character literally plays the same. i have no idea how people have stuck with it so long.

>all this because people called SFV bad?
????
Where? I'm just asking a question.

Its Daisuke Ishiwatari though.

They don't word it like that, you are assuming shit.

heh you're just mad at the popularity of the game bro

Because you’re bad.

Cope and denial
formely seething

Unironically the only reason people are defending versus is because of the stupid gold bar code. It was the same when the Blu-ray's of the anime adaptation came out

This is a replay of 2013-2014 when Xrd came out. It's fucking stupid. Its also always the people who don't play Guilty Gear who end up screaming the most.

That sure is a funny way to spell excitement.

I don't play on PS4 because I'm not a nigger.
>BBBUT DA PS4 IS DA FGC CONSOLE

Sorry bro, I grew up playing on the arcades. Come play SG with me on PC, that's dirt cheap and runs on a toaster.

Ferry was the most fun character in the beta because she felt like a proper ASW character. That's sad.

Attached: 76666053.webm (1280x720, 398K)

Did Manaria Friends come with gold bars? Would explain why that trash heap of a series sold well.

Yes. Its a mediocre anime but it topped sales charts due to gold bars.

So we're finally at this point huh

Attached: 1557349826306.png (800x800, 10K)

It's actually "Ready or Not" but because of Engrish it sounds like a ton of different things
>RADIOOOOOOOO
>LET IT OUUUUUT

Nice try Mike Z,

>we live in a world where people buy games just to get a bonus on their gacha mobile games
Its absolutely pathetic.

Attached: 1557608234951.jpg (1920x1080, 166K)

>toxic

faggot

>PS4
See you on PC when your balls drop, scrubass pussy.

>le ebin nothing statement

Yeah but the singer doesn't even say the Not part of that at all.
Even in the live versions he doesn't say it.

Fighting games are dead on PC. Clearly you don’t play shit. I rest my case.

Also, I don’t have a PC, only a drawing tablet. Wait till I get back from Osaka, then I’m building one. I’ll play you at whatever you want that’s on Fightcade. That or KoFXIII on Steam.

It was a genuinely positive post by him too. Its just that, wider audience, line thats got people going wild.

Whatever the series has been improving.

>Lists Skullgirls
>Fine, let's go
>"N-NO, NICE TRY, MIKE Z.... HEH!"

Attached: nice duck.png (246x205, 6K)

>playing fightan on PC
Right...

Imagine being so based, you don't even have time to dick your impossibly hot wife.

Attached: 1564689514790.png (656x448, 505K)

He’s not me, and I’ll play you at SG on PS4.

Obviously it's lost alot of interest due GG and possibly UNIST as well but watch versus sell even more than fucking manaria friends and the S1 combined due to this shit.
>Inb4 the reason relink got delayed into non existence and took platinum off the name is because they're going to make more boring than versus and put even more shitty item codes for the main game because fuck making fun video games
I'm not surprised this was gonna happen but it still hurts

Attached: 1564037281707.png (1280x720, 750K)

>That or KoFXIII on Steam.
Fine, let's go. No more excuses, pussy ass bitch.

All the top players double dip and acknowledge that PC is always the best version. ALWAYS. Unless you want to play randoms, in which case you are probably scrub.

I’ll play you at SG on PC. Come on, faggot. It's easier for you to spend 1 dollar and get it on PC than it is for me to walk into a walmart and buy a negrostation 4.

Fuck you, vanguard princess is fun as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=jb0vTDGYOvc

Max say: Fuck casuals and Fuck niggers.