How did Mario Maker 2 die so quickly? I thought it was more popular than the first one...

How did Mario Maker 2 die so quickly? I thought it was more popular than the first one. What could Nintendo have added to prevent this?

Attached: intro-1562198800.jpg (780x439, 39K)

it died?

A few things off the top of my head:

They should have updated the bookmark site to work with the new game or started a new site AT RELEASE. It's hard to go back to a time before the QOL changes that the bookmarks added to the first game.

They should have kept costumes, at least the first-party ones that wouldn't require licensing fees, maybe with some functionality increases, and they should have kept some form of 100 Mario Challenge to unlock them and other things.

They need to get to their new content updates ASAP.

Well maybe because after 80 years of the same mario platformer shit, people got bored of it

>zero threads on Yea Forums
>less activity in-game
>greater density of shit levels
If nintendo updated it with even 1 new item or even an announcement of something new they could have kept it alive.

Attached: 1565217278560.jpg (1148x765, 298K)

I bought the game for the Multiplayer
If only the levels were shit, I would have sticked around. But the game's online both lacks option and is somehow one of the worst, most consistently laggy experiences out there.
I may come back for the " Play with friends online " update

The multiplayer is completely unplayable in handheld, I don't know if its any better docked with a cable.

people can only take so many garbage badly designed levels before they give up

More than a few of the people here placed in the top 100 at least briefly. Did their levels just drown in the sea of shit being posted?

>zero threads on Yea Forums
>Yea Forums marks the popularity

imagine being this delusional

if you play endless, a handful of levels against millions doesn't make up for it
also the medals being temporary really kill any motivation to go after them

Allow me to take this opportunity to shill my level.

RXG-FJ4-Y8G Multitasking at Work
Multitask to finish the objective before time runs out.

An user pitched the idea of making threads for the weekends instead of all the time like Mario kart did. Part of me likes the idea, would give some more time for people to work on things and the content for the level share threads would be fresher overall.

Is basically online only

Multiplayer was a mistake,the whole MM1 popularity was about kaizo levels played by YouTubers and normal players to see if they can beat them,they also made a lot of effort to try to making an imposible level or some shit like that,miiverse also worked in the beginning (I miss this) I have even see YouTubers who played the original when it was released playing the game again because they didn't like the sequel at all

But yeah multiplayer was unnecessary

>how did it die so quickly

it didn't. only the discussion on Yea Forums died, which is mostly because switch-fags are all playing fire emblem now

>>less activity in-game
>>greater density of shit levels

you're retarded, there are still FAR too many level being churned out for you to be able to play them all, so the idea that you've detected fewer being created in game is retarded. you're basing this solely off the Yea Forums threads dying and then convincing yourself the rest is true

Yea Forums only likes what is popular. I don't see how I'm delusional.

It’s the most talked about game on here since release. It’s currently #8 on twitch.

Nice bait, faggot. Cry more.

>still daily threads
>zero threads
Literally posting in one you dunce

Why the fuck is there STILL no option to play with friends online? My friend got this game because told him they would add the feature soon but has there even been an update as to when that feature is coming?

Nintendo did "add" new things but they also removed about 20 exploits and gimmicks that allowed for some creative levels (like how springs don't even interact with items anymore please understandu). You can only make the same basic gimmick stages now and to add insult they kept the levels the same length as MM1.

OP you're a fucking moron and you need to know there's a life outside Yea Forums and that there other websites BESIDES Yea Forums that you need to acknowledge.

>there other websites BESIDES Yea Forums that you need to acknowledge
wrong

Shut the fuck up. Face facts dipshit. Yea Forums doesn't make up the entire gaming community. Twitch, Mixer, Youtube, Twitter, etc. Call them normalfag shit all you want but the indisputable fact is that those sites have bigger userbases than Yea Forums.

you sound like a little kid. Yea Forums will outlast all those shitholes.

Unironically soulless compared to the first thing. Turns out all those "bells & whistles" the nintendr*nes claimed weren't needed kept the more charming and alive than fucking slopes.

This game's own culture kills it. Nobody cares about actual level design.

I do.

>easily found quite a few level makers that are pretty decent and followed them
>have sweet new levels to play every single day in between working on the crazy hard levels

I play this shit almost every day. It rules.

It is not

>want to make new levels
>also have never played a mario game before so the only levels i can post are ones that are easy for a noob

Attached: 1458946122470.png (367x321, 177K)

I might as well shill my level in this thread.
Sunken Sugar Citadel: W6G-H4M-2LG
This is my first attempt at a water course, so check it out if you like those.

I was really looking forward to trying the first one thinking it was on the switch too,turns out the 2nd is missing some cool features not present in the second entry

most people had their creativity dried up after the first one. I lost interest after a couple levels and a friends didn't even buy it because he had no ideas anymore

fallout new vegas hasn't been popular for years but it still has daily threads on Yea Forums you dumbass

Yea Forums threads =/= how popular a game is

>RXG-FJ4-Y8G
>Multitasking at Work
Very unique, I've seen a level like it before. Simple and addictive, I'm surprised this hasn't hit popular courses yet.

>W6G-H4M-2LG
>Sunken Sugar Citadel
A little on the easy side and could have used a few more enemies to spice things up and make it feel less empty, particularly the first half. Otherwise a nice level aesthetically, and has a traditional feel.

Sorry, meant to say I've NEVER seen a level like it, it's got a pretty unique and fun concept.

play the original or SMB III m8

Original Mario Maker is soul.
Mario Maker 2 is soulless.

this is blatantly false. there are daily threads on sharing levels on Yea Forums

I'm too busy playing Three Houses to make more levels

It’s not dead but it will be in a couple months if they don’t release any fucking updates, holy shit Nintendo, it’s August, is it that hard to shit out one new element? You’d think it wouldn’t be such an issue but considering they rushed out the new online mode and 3D World so blatantly it’s become a huge problem and I’ve already stopped playing until the first major update gets released. I’d rather just play Three Houses for now.

Attached: C82350B8-4FA2-4C95-9AB3-6909A0683838.png (575x615, 278K)

Yea Forums might only like popular titles, but that's not to say that if a title is popular, they like it. The second is a much stronger statement.
That is to say, saying Yea Forums only only likes popular games is equivalent to if Yea Forums likes the game, it's popular, but the second statement says that if a game is popular, it's liked by Yea Forums. So not all popular titles are liked by Yea Forums - look at overwatch