If it were up to you, would you remove trophy/achievements? and why?

if it were up to you, would you remove trophy/achievements? and why?

Attached: FEATURED-IMAGE-Earn-PSN-Money-By-Playing-PS4-Games-FEATURED-IMAGE-1280x720.png (1280x720, 824K)

Other urls found in this thread:

psnprofiles.com/Dei7idh
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like seeing what % of players do what things. I don't like people who waste their life chasing unfun objectives. But what would they do instead? Jerk off more? Watch more awful twitch streams? They're wastes of oxygen through and through. SO honestly just keep them. So long as you can disable the notification it's all good.

Nobody actually cares about trophies lol. It's kind of cool if you randomly get a rare one, but no one actually hunts them. Imagine what kind of wretched soul with no life would do something like that

Keep
>why
To see the percentage of players that did X.
Theory craft about what is in the game (DMC V trophies list leak was fun)
Get a discount on merch for 100%ing the game (furi)
100% faggotry
Find the casual filter
See how bad players are (how do you even miss the cov of champions in DaS2)
I like to see the number get bigger

trophies are only worth getting to get more mileage for fun games like pic related.

Attached: analisis-silver-lining.jpg (1500x700, 74K)

there's literally no reason to remove cheevos because they don't mean anything

i like how platinum has been handelt in some sony exclusives. horizon, bloodborne, spiderman you basically just play the game and experience everything it has to offer and you get platinum
games that have autistic grind for plat can fuck off though
also games like until dawn and heavy rain where platinum means watching every possible ending etc. are retarded.

>>Snake Beater

Attached: DqlFlfSVAAEozbW.jpg (227x119, 5K)

I like them because I can see where people just gave up and stopped playing the game. Helps me understand why there are so many shitposters.

Yes, because there are games I'd like to play on Switch (for portability) or PC (for mouse aim) but it's a waste of time if I cant increase my trophy level.

I would rather this whole system was done away with.

Keep because I'm a filthy platinum hunter, if Xbox had plats or an equivalent id hunt cheevos also

During the last Gen yeah, but this Gen no one seemed to obsess as much. And I just turned the notications off and never look at them so it doesn't impact me.

>only 70-80% got the first trophy

Makes me wonder why the fuck the other 20-30% even wasted their money.

Your autism would just find something else to focus on, I don't understand this

r8 me please
inb4: normie

psnprofiles.com/Dei7idh

A game that doesn't even make you play a harder difficulty shouldn't even have trophies. That's entirely why they're pointless. They should be to make you explore and see the entire game. That should be the point. To test yoy and make you get everything out of the game. Not menial bullshit or play chapter 1.

shit taste/10 get the fuck out

I 99.9%'d vice city as a kid with my brother when i was 11 years old or some shit. We redid every fucking thing in the game trying to find that last .1 percent, only to find out that one of the car jump ramps was bugged and we had no other saves up to that point.
Never gave a shit about achievements again after that.

I think you could get rid of all of it and no one would notice, they lost relevance with motion controls

Attached: hakoom.jpg (1040x690, 61K)

id quit playing a ton of games way sooner if they didnt have trophies

>why
>To see the percentage of players that did X.
Honestly this for me personally.
Trophies never really take away from the game and some people find satisfaction in them so who cares, there is no reason to remove them or not have them.

But being able to see the percentage of people who managed to get certain trophies is interesting because often times I'm baffled at the amount of people who give up at a game in the first 20 minutes.

Meant to replay this anonMy bad.

There are some people who got that awful Hannah Montana game because it's an easy Platinum. It's kinda sad.

>his smile and optimism: gone

Holy fuck how many absolute terrible dogshit games has this pooloo played?

>Trophies never really take away from the game
One of my friends completely ruined his shadow of the colossus experience because he played it on ps3, where the cheevos told him to eat fruit and get tails. Then he blazed to the game with no difficulty whatsoever because of the MASSIVE stamina and hp bar.

I wouldn't but I would shift away from some meaningless e-peen number and instead encourage devs creating these challenges for dedicated players and having a small little in-game nod/reward for completing them, 100%ing the game is probably the most common.

Shit like "achievement unlocked - scratch your balls" for 5 gangweed score would be gone.

>brasil

Never. Platinuming my favorite games is an absolute joy.

I don't buy a lot of games, so tropy hunting gives me something to do between purchases

Attached: trophies.png (853x3276, 1.15M)

0 platinums - casual plebeian
20+ platinums - no life virgin
3-10 platinums - big dick chad

No, its the perfect barometer for seeing HOW LONG PEOPLE PLAY A FUCKING GAME FOR!

This guy is The Completionist
Tell Jared to fuck off

>tfw just got a ps3 this summer
recommend some games while I work on this first plat

Attached: Untitled.png (927x347, 79K)

I hate trophies that make ppl play online differently then they normally would. like uncharted 2 for example.

No, sometimes I look at achievements/trophies for an idea of something to do in game I might have not thought of before if it's a more interesting trophy and not just a "got past this level in the story" achievement or a grinding one.

I don't care about showing off, but I do care about doing them for my own satisfaction.