Only 2.5 million

>only 2.5 million
it's over

Attached: devil-may-cry-5-pc-ps4-xbox-one_320346.jpg (1280x720, 241K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/devilmaycry5/mods/353
capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html
originaldmc.github.io/DivinityStatue/Downloads.html
youtu.be/PZcdZyiuR-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=aUomVzVcNR0
capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/explanation.html
twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1159749122775244800?s=19
gamespot.com/articles/capcom-profit-jumps-100-thanks-in-part-to-devil-ma/1100-6429308/
playstationlifestyle.net/2019/07/26/capcom-sales-soar-as-devil-may-cry-5-and-resident-evil-2-sell-millions/
youtube.com/watch?v=f81xmW8jBm8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>over 2 million
it's only beginning

>only 2.5 million
oh hey Barry

>fastest selling DMC game
>already outsold DmC's lifetime sales
>those numbers don't even factor in digital sales
>hurrr it's over now

Attached: 023.png (857x779, 937K)

>only
>sold that in 4 months
Work on your bait

>Fast selling DMC game
>Boosted Capcom's profit along side others games
>Outsold DmC
>Previous data confirmed near 3 millions copy sold(I don't know how Capcom counts their sold units)
>Not even SE, just vanilla
>Xbox game pass worth 19 millions
Atleast make good b8, Barry.

Attached: 1564155927956.png (512x402, 150K)

with the game's production value, anything less than 4 million is a loss. no, i'm not Barry, i'm saying that because I'm sad. i want dmc6 to be exist and be even more grand.

What about DmC: DE?

ok capcom executive how nice of you to share the finances with us

What make you think that dmc5 had high production valued?

That’s more than garbage series like Metroid

>with the game's production value

It didn't have a high budget though. They actually had a small budget, and Microsoft paid for the marketing.

Ok, I believe he’s not Barry. His English is much better.

It also probably had 50x the budget.

Didn't sold enough to show up(yeah, that's was how bad it was).

Jeez. That must hurt.

good let this series die

>Now that DMC5 has outsold their game in 4 months, DmCfags now need to cling to an imaginary high budget.

Matt and others said repeatedly they didn't have a large budget. Those model scans are incredibly cheap to make compared to old methods. Even if the outfits were expensive.

Attached: 1552461593358.webm (638x562, 2.8M)

faget

So the series
>started good with 1
>died at 2
>came back to life in 3
>got tired at 4
>went through a long a vacation of self discovery with DmC
>came back with 5

Attached: 1556930976759m.jpg (831x1024, 126K)

Sorry to break it to you but it wont. Capcom has already said they're enthusiastic about reinvigorating the series. You guys can sit around and keep asspulling reason's to call it a flop.

Attached: 1554355925804.png (636x650, 542K)

shouldn't have made it look as ugly as DmC and censored it.

i feel like that's all of capcoms games outside of monster hunter it seems like. they all have lots of ups and downs.

>polished animations
>three playeable characters with varied movesets
>one of the highest enemy variety in the franchise
>60 fps
>highest amount unique of boss battles (some are specifically made for V only)
>highest amounts of weapons+ highly detailed devil breakers

I'm sorry Matt, but I seriously doubt this game is cheap to make.

>DmCucks gone so desperate to shit on a game far better than tameem's shitshow, they're now making crap up

libtard's at their best.

so can you quantify how much those things would cost

It's their new coping mechanism, don't bully retards.

IT'S OVER
*gets parried*

Attached: image00166.jpg (1357x1920, 751K)

This game has some of the best graphics out. Not a high budget? Lmfao

They're using an in house engine that can accomplish those tasks. Plus none of those are hard to pull off, Tameem.

Attached: 1553474244890.jpg (1200x675, 79K)

Holy shit he has no eyes, that's creepy

based on current market,roughly 35 million, but the game was in development for 4 years, might be 40 million.

If they had eyes they could tell Mundus how ugly he is.

Attached: image00165.jpg (1357x1920, 584K)

it's over

Proto Angelo Sword as a DSD replacement when?

How didn’t you notice? And how is it creepy?

>polished animations
Most are taking from 4 anyways, so I don't see your point
>three playeable characters with varied movesets
Two of which already existed in 4
>one of the highest enemy variety in the franchise
Really? Seemed as much as any other DMC, maybe slightly more
>60 fps
Is this suppose to be expensive? The RE engine does that with all it's games, retard.
>highest amount unique of boss battles (some are specifically made for V only)
V only gets 2 unique bosses, and you get to fight Urizen 5 times, 3 of these times aren't unique because you're suppose to lose in them. And you have Gilgamesh taking a whole mission. And a V boss rush which reuses 3 bosses
>highest amounts of weapons+ highly detailed devil breakers
Red Queen and blue rose from 4. Rebellion, Sparda, Ebony and Ivory, Cerberus (somewhat), the shotgun, are pretty much from previous entries with minor twists and extras

>Aangelo

why Yea Forums hates this series?.

you don't know what the fuck game engine means.
> Plus none of those are hard to pull off
lmao prime example of ignorant asshat taking quality for granted. if it was easy, you'd be seeing this level of animation in any AAA company, but you don't. DMC5's animation is state of the art within the industry, the fact that they can pull if off with photorealistic graphic is an amazing feat.

When I played the game I never noticed, I thought they had eyes like Nelo Angelo did.

Yea Forums doesn't, Barry does

You do realize that 2.5million units is about $174 million made. That's only counting the units bought at $69.99, some of those units were deluxe which is $79.99. By you calculations the game made at least $134 million in profits.

Attached: 61798467.jpg (839x960, 80K)

all of those models and animations ie assets are made from ground up you fucking idiot. just because it's a recreation doesn't mean they just recycle of assets. those models aren't just "minor twists and extras"

>on the way to work, often see this bae with a DMCV shirt heading towards the Capcom office elevators

Do I talk to her?

That’s not how you spell Barry.

Nelo has bigger eyes, and they glow yellow.

could you post more artbook pages

actually rule of hand is to double that amount to include marketing cost, but even then that's playing it safe since game marketing tends to be more expensive than films. so right now they stand at around 90 million in profit.

Microsoft paid for the marketing, though

You're married already

Surprised it hasn't been done yet since Cavaliere's sword and Urizen's summoned swords have.

>Distraction

Attached: image00176.jpg (1357x1920, 573K)

Because RE Engine is fucking magic.

Attached: 1558422865078.webm (518x518, 2.67M)

That is a small budget for a AAA game.

Microsoft paid for the marketing.

Attached: 1561431605180.gif (500x320, 2.88M)

Scudo Sword as a Red Queen replacement when?

Sure, anything specific?

Attached: image00164.jpg (1357x1920, 706K)

...how did you know that?

How you boys enjoying co-op?

nexusmods.com/devilmaycry5/mods/353

Attached: XV3kXJUGU2Z6GPS6ZbivzL-970-80.jpg (970x545, 102K)

>60 fps
>Is this suppose to be expensive? The RE engine does that with all it's games, retard.

you're the fucking retard here, they still have to to do optimization which cost resource. a good engine just means the programmers don't have to deal with unnecessary bullshit but they still have to spend manhour to get it working. also lol thinking the assets are just took from previous game, this is Yea Forums I'd expect people here to be more savvy than your average redditor

Just like how MT Frameworks was black magic?

Those models are pretty easy to make, all they really needed to do is recolor them, and model the hair. the clothes, skin and textures, were all scanned in. And the animations aren't the hardest thing to do, it's their job to animate smooth motions, they've been doing it since DMC3, why would 5 be any harder?

It’s nice.

Attached: image00187.jpg (1357x1920, 758K)

see

It was a pretty average game with outdated game design, art direction stuck in the 90s, and bland mechanics. The world moved on and so does this franchise if it wants to survive. No I know it hurts to read, but you need to accept it. I will not purchase anymore Devil May Cry games.

>le rehashed PS2 game
wow I wonder why it didn't set the world on fire outside of nostagia hungry boomers

>its another game only Yea Forumscares about
Just like bloodborne

Post your copies of the DMC games.

You literally just confirmed it had a small budget. Do you know how much games cost these days? The most expensive version of the game was $79.99. You like math, why don't you do some and tell me how much profit that is.

you

>Just lost my friend that I could play with
Sufferring

Ok Tam Tam.

Gilgamesh is underrated. I'm glad this devil arm could get its own boss in the end.

Attached: image00189.jpg (1357x1920, 747K)

In a time where action games are carbon copies of soulsborne/whatever fromsoft is making I welcome an entry or entries that remind me of the good ol' hack n slash genre. Thankfully DMC5 didn't follow the path of GOW either.

this is "they don't have to animate since they already did motion capture" level of ignorance. No, the devs still have to put in work to create those models. Scanning textures is the first step in the asset creation

>the animations aren't the hardest thing to do
what the fuck are you, fucking EA shareholders? Trust me when I say even 30+ year animation veteran would still look for a reference just for a pure walking animation cycle. Good animation is never cheap.

>you're the fucking retard here, they still have to to do optimization which cost resource. a good engine just means the programmers don't have to deal with unnecessary bullshit but they still have to spend manhour to get it working.
Sure, I guess I have to admit that I was wrong.
>also lol thinking the assets are just took from previous game, this is Yea Forums I'd expect people here to be more savvy than your average redditor
Lol, sorry if it sounded like that. My point was that they didn't spend a shit ton of time on everything, they had most of the moveset from previous games and just redid them on the new engine, it's like doing what you already knew how to do again, but with more polish.

Microsoft paid for most of the marketing, but even if they didn't. $90 million is still a profit. The original argument was that DMC5 lost money. Obviously that wasn't true. Keep reaching.

Attached: 68252126.jpg (693x960, 97K)

>bought
>implying you did

The Witcher 3 cost less than $15M to develop and another $15M or so to market. To compare, 40 million is the budget for God Of War(the new one) before marketing. The only games that goes beyond that price tag are Cod,AssCreed,Battlefied, because they need to pump those games yearly.

After playing Bayonetta and Sekiro (I know it's a different genre, but it's adjacent), DMC V feels like it's moving in slow motion. It's offensively boring; walking through the same corridor throughout the ENTIRE game to have fights just isn't cutting it anymore. I was a huge fan of the series, but this new entry was a throwback in the worst possible way. The only positive thing I can say is the production values were high.

>that pic
I hate this

So we're past our midlife crisis. Good to know. DMC5 was the beginning of retirement.

Attached: D3UD2KyUUAEAWFH.jpg (962x617, 56K)

Compare the center left...

Attached: image00113.jpg (1357x1920, 600K)

What's the deal with the reality denying brainlet trolls these days? Is it just too much to cope with when popular game you hate does well?

What point are you trying to make?

They look good

Attached: 1548259694778.png (369x448, 107K)

i'm not that guy, buddy. I'm just explaining the situation.

...to this from DMC4's artwork.

Attached: 095.jpg (2184x3092, 731K)

that 40 million budget game isn't cheap?

Whoa 60fps. I guess I can sell my 20k fps asteroids game for 300$ since it is more expensive to make.

>"only 2.5 million" like that's a bad thing
shitposters are mentally ill

It might be that DMC5 has no turbo mode (unless you play it on PC). Both DMC3&4 without turbo feel like you're playing in slow mo, it's even more noticeable when you get used to play in turbo. One of my biggest complains about DMC5 is that the enemies could be more aggresive.

I would forgive not having so many difficulties if one of them had a mode where the AI was more aggresive.

embrace your faggotry

>art direction stuck in the 90s
Acting like this is a bad thing outs you as a retarded faggot.

Prototype Urizen

Attached: image00203.jpg (1357x1920, 669K)

That might be it. And you're completely right about the enemies. They feel like punching bags in the worst possible way.

>what is spending resource for optimization to make sure it runs 60fps on all platforms, just type in "if_run_execute(60fps)" in the code dummy

>this is "they don't have to animate since they already did motion capture" level of ignorance. No, the devs still have to put in work to create those models. Scanning textures is the first step in the asset creation
I didn't say they didn't put work on the models, they certainly did, just that most of the details were already there and that they just needed some touch ups to make it look good. an easy scan would be Morrison for example, he literally was just the model with the clothes on, not alot of work as much as Nero or Dante went to him.
>what the fuck are you, fucking EA shareholders? Trust me when I say even 30+ year animation veteran would still look for a reference just for a pure walking animation cycle. Good animation is never cheap.
Yeah, and the refrence for animations would be from the previous games. But I admit it would be very hard to animate and is expensive to do

Journos and DmCfags deny everything.

Attached: D27C8407-DB01-4610-A90F-ABCF401B5B3F.jpg (680x278, 31K)

after all this time I'm still disappointed that the whole story is "Urizen and V is Vergil lmao". I can't believe I'm saying this, but V being Mundus reincarnate or Urizen is Sparda would unironically be a far more interesting story

Attached: homerscream.jpg (474x362, 90K)

I grew up in the 90s, faggot; that aesthetic sucks dick. Quit trying to conjure up false nostalgia.

middle left looks like a mix of savior and NA

what's more likely is that DMC5 didn't cost 40 million

Why does Barry hate DMC in the first place?

Okay, the point is that it made profit. The budget wasn't even $40 million, some user pulled that out of their ass. Whether it's budget was 15million or 40 million, it made money.

He’s retarded.

Attached: image00179.jpg (1357x1920, 668K)

it's a moderately popular action game that people prefer to FFXV

my guy, all the models are brand new, not just reworks of old models. they are made from scratch. and you are highly overestimating photogrammetry, applying textures is just one of the many steps in modelling.

It's not his fav game

>I grew up in the 90s
So you were a child who knew nothing during the 90s... Good to know.

i really don't get how game sales work according to Yea Forums

>Game sold one gorilion trillion copies
>it's over

meanwhile i know dragon quest legitimately only sells well in japan a tiny country, and look at us we are still alive

Attached: Dragon.Quest.IV.full.184948.jpg (550x853, 181K)

>DmC's message is more relevant

He might be right, though the funny thing is that these are the same people that will buy anything that has that multi-dollar company logo on it, and they are ones spreading lies and shit.

I hope future material explains what the deal with Malphas was.

Attached: image00193.jpg (1357x1920, 513K)

Attached: image00194.jpg (1357x1920, 583K)

>japan
>a tiny country
Japan has like the population size of Germany and France combined. It's by no means a tiny country.

>They Live is more relevant
Come on now.

Imagine being this unapologetically retarded

>Sekiro is faster than DMC5
Are you being serious? The animation in that game feels like the characters are all floating. No way is it faster than DMC5

>yfw some of the unused concepts turns out to be for vergils dlc

Attached: image00202.jpg (1357x1920, 680K)

>DmC's message is more relevant
lol yup went hand in hand with that retarded app they tried to market

So now that we've debunked his theory that "2.5 million didn't make them any money", who's ready for a DMC Thread?

Attached: 1556162618444.png (565x593, 587K)

So where's OP getting this number from?

I honestly kinda feel like they wasted his design on a boss we'll never see again. He really should've been Alastor and had a bit more character or something. He's got one of the coolest demon designs in the entire series. Oh well.

capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

Last quarters sales report.

It seems like this enemy was very close to making it.

Attached: image00204.jpg (1357x1920, 484K)

I know the "2.5 mil means it didn't do well," is bullshit but th-there's st-still a chance it'll do better right? Like maybe 4 million lifetime sales in the end?

c o p e

entirely possible, even likely

Also at the bottom.

Attached: image00210.jpg (1357x1920, 725K)

>production value
they literally flipped assets from RE7 to RE2 and then recycled them for DMCV and used the same fucking engine

Bring on the dilfs.

Attached: D_dUkHGX4AEjJbU-orig.jpg (2703x4096, 1.28M)

Nice.

that's awesome

I think it will eventually pass DMC4. Those number also only count units sold, so we don't know how much sold digitally.

the one riding on a horse looks dope ngl

>stuttering

How about even greater? Like maybe 5 million?

Tired as fuck now so now I'm going to go to bed. Shame I have to miss a DMC thread. Night, bros.

Attached: D6D5A7AD-46B3-4349-A31C-9BF379F2D2E0.jpg (1600x881, 332K)

If it isn't counting digital, it's very likely the game is past 3 million.

t.high school drop-out

For the first year it'll probably surpass dmc 4.

Attached: image00205.jpg (1357x1920, 692K)

one can only hope, but we know that Capcom is satisfied with it's launch sales and considers it a success. All I want to know is if the'yre planning on playable Vergil and more DLC without having to rely on a SE 2 years down the line.

>those childbearing hips

Moondust?

Attached: image00206.jpg (1357x1920, 661K)

So which option for Nero's d-pad do you prefer?
>Option A
Down: breakaway
Up: switch the two breakers that are next on your slot
Left: unequip breaker
Right: equip breaker
The reason for Nero to have the ability to equip and unequip a breaker is because now he can use punch attacks if he ran out of breakers or just unequipped it. this Serves as a second weapon for Nero that alot were asking for
>Option B
Up and Down: is the same as option A
Left and right: breaker modes
For example, with Gerbera you have a mode that works like a the GP01 and the other having the blast but this time with different directions, another example is with tomboy where it wont be a hassle to turn it on while charging blue rose, because the two modes separate the two functions.
While this option lacks the "secondary weapon" it gives the breakers more utilities.

The Holy Trinity:
>GOWfag
>Rebootfag
>barry

Possibly, but for some reason it's hard for them to track digital sales.

>mundus looking motherfucker
>kelpie
I want these bosses

Attached: 1555071464151.jpg (974x737, 433K)

Is that my boy Berial?

Truly back to it's roots.

>no costumes
>enemies don't gain new moves on DMD
>stages aren't interconnected
60 fps seems like a weird point, since all DMC games run on 60 fps.

Attached: image00207.jpg (1357x1920, 677K)

Wasn't the initial count, 2.1, counting digital?

kek

Attached: image00208.jpg (1357x1920, 634K)

Game sales in Japan are very different in how they work in the West, a lot of this comes from the fact that the West only really pushes AAA games with multibillion dollar budgets so a game selling 50k is seen as a flop.
What matters with Jap games is if the game breaks even, if it does then it can't be a flop. Some games break even at 10k, some break even at 50k, some at 100k and so on and as long as the game breaks the relevant number it's a success.
DMC5 easily broke even so it can't be a flop, it's literally impossible.
DQ is a different beast entirely in that it is the only game in Japan that CANNOT release a mainline title on any day other than Friday as Salary men will otherwise be occupied for the next couple of days getting through all the prologue stuff meaning they'd skip work. DQ releases are like an unofficial public holiday but even then it probably only needs about 80-100k sales to break even and exceeds that easily due to it's status.
>tl;dr - people need to remember that Jap's rarely make games that need 10 million copies to break even and what are considered "low numbers" may not be a flop at all but a solid success.

Attached: image00209.jpg (1357x1920, 738K)

No, that was last quarter, that was still counting units. With digital they pretty much just get the profit made rather than actually quantity numbers.

That marionette horse looks fucking cool

Smoking's bad, mm'kay kids?

Attached: image00211.jpg (1357x1920, 731K)

A competent team doesn't need 50mil to make a good game with good visuals, no matter what bs western publishers would like you to believe.

Top right + middle right = Dark Souls boss

What is up with shills coming to these threads? What gain is there to deny that DMC5 made profit and was a good game?

Well, I'm off to bed. Goodnight, thread.

Attached: image00197.jpg (1357x1920, 717K)

DUDE COMPANIES BAD LMAO
LONG LIVE ANARCHY XD

Thanks for posting some of the artbook

>no top hat demon

>mundus looking motherfucker
you mean zombie Saviour?

Attached: 18-savior.jpg (997x768, 92K)

Don’t forget the pro choice message.

I think it's a mix of fags who are mad that DMC is loved despite being full of camp and fun moments instead of a super serious and emotional oscarbait story and journos because the gameplay outed them as shitters, again.

No problem. You can find the rest at: originaldmc.github.io/DivinityStatue/Downloads.html

No one is denying it made profit, but it isn't a good game. It's mediocre, and doesn't push the series, or the genre, forward. It's the most run-of-the-mill sequel you can ask for, but apparently, that's why DMC fans want. Bayonetta 3 is going to make this game feel more archaic than it already feels.

top right looks like Blitz but he has ice powers

Journos legit keep mentioning DmC whenever they talk about DMC 5. What the fuck? Just let it go, holy. It'll be DMC 7 and journos will still be like but but muh DmC

>Vapornetta 3
HAHAHAHAHAHA

middle right looks like a different version of Soul Eaters from DMC 3.
and I'm guessing bottom right is inspired from DMC 3 Hell Vanguard.

I hope they actually implement these unused enemy designs in the DLC/SE.

>No one is denying it made profit
see:

>isn't a good game
Nigger this is the most fun I've had with a game in a long time. It can't beat 3 in terms of story but my God did it blow 4 out of the water regarding gameplay. The only things I wished for is that trish/Lady didn't job as hard and for more coop content.

I think they didn't understand it was a spinoff and thought it was the new mainline forever.
The butthurt will be eternal though.

Oh good, Bayofags here now. When is the DOAfag going to get here? Is he stuck in traffic?

There's beauty in simplicity

>dude trust me even if I haven't already played the game yet

No one likes DmC.
They're just shitposters who found their niche (You)s.
I'm disappointed you all still fall for it.

to be fair, it would have been the new mainline forever if it had been successful

I like DmC, though I like the mainline games way better.

Based on a bit of the translated text from her artbook pages and what the mythological Malphas is, I think the implication might have been that she was the one supplying the Angelos and shit for Urizen but for whatever reason they felt like leaving ot out of the game.

This is just an assumption though. I'm just some goober with google tranlate and Wikipedia so I could just be entirely wrong

You can't convince me that one rebootfag that keeps mentioning how much itsuno loves DmC isn't butthurt about 5.

yeah and we live in the best timeline where it didn't

>one
youtu.be/PZcdZyiuR-Y

>there's a timeline where we got DmC2
scary

The best timeline would be the one where it didn't happen. Or better yet, the one where 4 didn't get fucked halfway through production by being forced to become multiplatform.

You might be right, since it was Malphas that was commanding Angelo Cavalier, maybe she had part of creating it. Along with Artemis and Gilgamesh.
And it isn't the first time DMC left lore details out of the game.

Attached: 01 (143).jpg (2382x3487, 766K)

How many times do you people have to get btfo? When will you learn? I'm betting like two years from now we're still going to get threads being asshurt about DMC5 for some inane reason.

I wish this game was more metal and less edgy kpop

you're underestimating shitposters.

I think it would be cool as fuck if Visions of V had a chapter or two following Urizen instead. It could maube shed some light on Malphas, and maybe even why Goliath seethes at Urizen

Attached: 1562555820892.jpg (1600x1900, 260K)

>the scarecrows from 4 were originally going to be a Wizard of Oz theme and the angelos were the tin man but we never got a lion enemy

Attached: mind blown.gif (200x200, 1.83M)

God, I had to drink a big glass of water because that was too much salt

So is Yamato a cute shota or a cute loli?

>that Yamato

Attached: 1564456397580.png (1008x550, 523K)

I mean, you can set subhuman to all the characters if you want

Attached: [Deathcore stops].png (640x720, 1.02M)

So where was the yellow brick road, and the red slippers?

Nero originally had devil feet.

eurogaymer is still seething as well

>that dislike to like ratio
Jesus that's the worst I've ever seen.

youtube.com/watch?v=aUomVzVcNR0

I just bought the game so it's now 2,500,001.

Fake news DMC has well over 3 million sales

You've funded vergil dlc.

Attached: 1556347783924.png (525x546, 270K)

This. Look at the ME Andromeda, how much money they have and what they have done. It's more about competent team not about amount of money.

Bottom left kinda looks like a faced mechon from Xenoblade Chronicles.

>no co op bloody palace

It would have been 10/10.

>2nd best selling game in 4 months with no SE
yeah... im thinking DMC is back

Attached: Devil May Cry Series Sales, June 30th, 2019.png (684x1417, 458K)

>ONLY
>in a niche genre with minimal dev costs and marketing payments
>ONLY
pushing toward 3mil as of last week btw Barry :)

DMC5 was unironically fucking awful.

Attached: Devil May Cry 5 Screenshot 2019.03.12 - 03.03.32.82.png (1920x1200, 3.78M)

this is bait, but i'll hear you out.
why?

Lmao you only trigger yorself i already have a lot of info on the game
Main boss will be called Eggman he's an inferno Gang leader who's basically like rodin and can make weapon from Angel souls , Rodin dies and the begining of Bayo 1 is the end of Bayo 3

It's not bait, I legit hate you faggots for defending this. The story was awful and the gameplay was almost completely rehashed from 4 and even downgraded in some aspects. V was also fucking garbage in every way.

Attached: 1552616799606.jpg (1318x976, 529K)

yeah I really drew the line at a lens flare on Lady's ass, because THAT is why I play DMC games (it is, but fuck you, it's the combat)

gib fat demon titties

Attached: 1561027073545.png (1920x1080, 3.69M)

Ff15 is 8 million talk to me again when your high enough not Barry but i have had enough of the poor guy getting bullied

What the actual shit is this story? Man I hate time travel, such a stupid story device. Oh well, and I don't think that user was talking about story info but rather gameplay

- @Superninjatam

been a while since I saw this image

Mommy milkies

>It's ok when people defend 4

Attached: smile_2 (1).jpg (1920x1080, 879K)

im not even gonna tackle that image you posted because its retarded
>The story was awful
not an argument
>gameplay was almost completely rehashed from 4
if you consider keeping the core gameplay and adding new moves, features and weapons as rehashing then sure. it is completely rehashed
>and even downgraded in some aspects
oh boy, just because 4-niggers can no longer reversal or guardfly its automatically a shittier game? get the fuck out of here
>V was also fucking garbage in every way
once again, not an argument

Attached: mfw the childrens hospital burns down but its refurbished with a dominos.png (305x336, 119K)

>speaking in third person
Cringe

whatever you say barry

Was amazing until they raped my soul and my brain with the 3 last chapter to me the game ends chapter 17 and i give it 9/10 but the 3 last chapters drop it to a 6/10

Probably because the people who care enough about the series to complain left these terrible threads.

Get some reading comprehension.

>im not even gonna tackle that image you posted because its retarded
And I'm not going to read your post because you're a fucking retard. The comparison is point for point perfect and expresses how shit 5 was.

Attached: this right here.jpg (1254x423, 144K)

Why

3=5>1>wall>4>DmC>2

Attached: 1552624041957.png (628x552, 504K)

It's a prequel no time travel

I didn't like a damn thing about the game, DMC3 is in my top 5 but I give DMC5 a 4/10.

Attached: 1552386750347.jpg (1616x966, 314K)

oh fuck the nostalgiafag is here

>dogs replaced the red barriers on doors
>wouldve had to kill them like combat adjudicators
god damn i miss those

and the 4 autists too

>Barry
>Bayofag
>Nostalgiafag
>4fags

We're just missing the DOAfag and the gang will all be here.

>forgets DmCfag

i dont even know how to respond to this honestly
alright then, i'll leave you be with your bad taste and stupid meme comparisons

Oh sorry, they're so small they're easy to miss.

>third game is a prequel
What did they mean by this?

Not when it comes to faces, those are ugly as sin.

>can't explain his points so he uses meme pictures
Lel

im not defending bayonetta but user..

Attached: file.png (199x254, 104K)

They took a shit on Dante and bringed back a guy we fought 10 times against and yet he claim he never lost and nero is suddenly 10 times stronger for no real reason ,

ok im glad these ones got dropped, DmC uninspired tier shit.

Agreed. V is such a fagola as well.

I love DMC5, but I'm pretty sad all the combo players quit this game so soon. Combo MADs aren't quite the same as 4.

Attached: sad nero 2.gif (356x200, 2.33M)

You guys realize you're worse than Barry, right? You're acting exactly like he did in FFXV threads. The difference should be that he is an autistic fan for a shit game, and DMC fans weren't that until recently but how the times have changed.

I hope you die.

Attached: 1552272936794.jpg (700x1200, 158K)

Kamiya likes them younger

>Bayo timeline
3 -> 1 -> 2
>DMC timeline
3 -> 1 -> 2
basicall Bayo 4 and 5 confirmed

You're either samefagging or some kind of autists. It's you who never have any arguments. You're fanboys.

No matter what anyone said you would just deflect and act like over sensitive losers defending any points.

>still talking in third person
K barry

>You've funded Dragon's Dogma 2.
ftfy

More than one person can find you retarded man

>budget
Itsuno said that scanning real faces and clothing is actually comparatively cheaper than modeling assets by hand over the course of several days. DMC5 and RE2 were likely relatively cheap to produce assets for. 2.5 million is a solid amount for a game that the developers admitted was made with a similar budget to the previous games.

Attached: 1564548096202.gif (540x400, 2.95M)

Ah, you're a 3fag. Okay, moving on. :)

>They took a shit on Dante
for like the first 30 minutes of the game, sure. but then he immediately gets more powerful than nero so idk what you're talking about
>and bringed back a guy we fought 10 times against
he was in one game user. 2 if you count dmc1 but thats pushing it
>and nero is suddenly 10 times stronger for no real reason
not even really, he got stronger when he got the devil breakers and then again when he got his DT but ten times stronger is a bit of a stretch. he overpowered dante and vergil because they were wounded already for fighting for like 2 hours so i dunno what to tell you
a. not samefagging
b. how am i supposed to respond to
>durrr muh soul!! soulless!

Attached: file.png (555x98, 13K)

It's a good game but no where near as good as everyone says it is

I miss AHEMposting in DMC threads with your image, user.

Are all the people who hate 5 this brandead? What kind of reasoning is that?

i dunno how or why but one time when i posted it someone picked it up then the ahem posting became associated with it. it was a simpler time back then but i can't say i don't miss it

The Fetus Savior actually looks like a damn good design. I bet it got scrapped because baby killing bad.

You responded saying nothing, you faggot drone. You'd find a way to say something dumb no matter what.

Anyone going to AFO? Looks like a good time, and Reuben is also having a UFO panel.

I'm salty they never come to my state. My stupid state gets people like Boogie2988.

Attached: afo.png (628x744, 876K)

Whatever makes you happy user.

waah gib me old gaem

NINE THOUSAAAAAAND

I was that someone, user. AHEM!
>FUCK TRISH, FUCK MUNDUS, FUCK AGNUS
>AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
>FUCK NEPHILIM

Good times. I'll never forget the pre-launch DMC threads since 5 got announced last year.

Is Reuben streaming the panel? I wouldn't mind watching it if he did.

>You responded saying nothing
because i have nothing to say to your lackluster points and lack of explanation of why you actually dislike the game besides just "oh it doesnt have as much SOUL as dmc3 does!"

going to pirate this too on account of how bad 5 was

>he's still defending the shit game without even arguing any points
How will he respond next? He does it for free.

not gonna lie, i always thought you were pretty b&rp user.
godspeed to you

Attached: vergil lookin more fly than yo bitch-ass ever will.png (582x586, 199K)

you're both fucking faggot shills

Ironically Bayo 3 will probably add less than 2. And I liked 2. The important thing was that DMC5 un-rebooted that abortion DmC.
V was at least an attempt at something new, for better or for worse. And all entertainment and art has become very formulaic and unoriginal unfortunately. So it fares even better with those low standards. You're talking out of your ass.

This is so wholesome. I'm glad you're still around.

Yeah, doing the same two combos is quite fascinating.

And you, user. Bless you and the IMAGINE TRISHposter that made pre-launch the best times ever on Yea Forums.

RENT
FREE

Why would a motoric machine need marionette strings...?
No matter how you explain it away, it just seems silly.

Did someone piss in your cereal Barry?

I know there is alot if shitposting here, but let's all be rational honest adults. DMC5 has the best combat in the series, it also has better enemy design then 3. But the story was meh and the pacing was all over the place. The only way the series can go forward now, is by having:
>more dynamic level bosses like Goliath
>making music inhouse again
>more than 20 missions and a campaign for each character
>less tutorial missions (we really didn't need 2 mission for just a tutorial)
>More difficulty modes
>faster and more aggressive enemies
>a better mission ranking system and a revive system (make it like DMC3)
>give Dante his missing DMC3 moves
And that's about all it'll need to do to surpass 5 and all other DMC's

Attached: hd-wallpaper-E637b5e88b8af2ddfaabb3a9b6cc29acf.jpg (736x736, 59K)

We'll always be here, user. We have a DMC6 and Vergil DLC to be hype for with the still daily DMC threads. Let the Barries and Trannies seethe I say.

Because the combat is fucking shit.

Now that the dust has settled it's time to rate the fanbase of the franchise (from worst to tolerable):
1) Dontefags, Vujos (DmC, DMC 5)
2) Combo autists (DMC 4 & DMC 4SE)
3) nostalgiafags (DMC 3 & DMC 3SE)
4) Kamiyafags and nuDMC (DMC 1, DMC 5, respectively)
5) Vergil apologists
6) waifu faggots (Ladyfags and Trishfags)
7) dongurifags and youtube combo mad autists
8) Who-cia fags (DMC 2 Lucia)

Attached: 1565238185725.jpg (841x1024, 110K)

i'll be around for the long haul user. here's hoping we get something at TGS/Gamescom

Attached: puzzled vergil.png (239x235, 92K)

>DMC5 has the best combat in the series
It doesn't have turbo mode, V absolutely destroys any merit in the gameplay, and the bosses are shit tier. The game is even slower than previous games without turbo mode too, on account of some shit animation choices. And hell, the graphical effects aren't as interesting as previous games either. I hope you like chromatic aberration.

this seems about right, though i'd swap 7 and 8

Last year was honestly a blast. I can't wait until we get something to hype over.

Attached: 1551739411945.png (900x900, 52K)

die in a fire Millz

>story was meh
Brainlet

Who? You're spastic.

I wish you played as Dante the whole time. Nero is alright and V gets dull after the first play though.

Dante is the most interesting he’s ever been.

esl retard chasertech

CREDO NIGGER

YOOOOOOOOOO
CREDO NIGGER

2 and 7 are literally the same you autist

>4fags are here
where's Legacy tranny

I mean that's just taste, really. The story just needed real Vergil, not his autistic half, or his mysterious creepy half

Shitposting you like this, has no meaning. Heal your wounds Barry, get strong, then we'll settle the matter.

Attached: Screenshot_3.png (243x195, 39K)

Brainlet response

>capcom isnt making any more dmc because it only sold 2 copies

its not fair

Attached: EBB5H-TUwAAmSk4.jpg (680x673, 37K)

>It doesn't have turbo mode, V absolutely destroys any merit in the gameplay, and the bosses are shit tier. The game is even slower than previous games without turbo mode too
Non of these prove that the combat in 5 is worse. Turbo mode will come next gen with SE, V doesnt make the game any worse for you autist since all you care about is bloody palace. Most of the bosses are better than DMC4's. And the game isn't slower than non turbo 1, 2, 3 and 4

Sorry but the story is
3 > 1 > 4 > 5 > 2
Until they give me more Vergil, it was just characters dicking around becoming stronger, for maybe the real threat that is next game (hopefully).

Do you think models cost like 10k each to make or something? A good molder can bang those out in maybe 3 days.

Why is Nero's combo b so much shittier in 5 than it is in 4?

I'm so tired of hearing people bitch about turbo mode. IT HAS NEVER BEEN INCLUDED IN A BASE GAME IT IS ALWAYS A SPECIAL EDITION ADDITION.

Worse than what? I'm saying it's shit, you faggot. V is dog shit and I didn't play Bloody Palace and have never cared about it.
None of the bosses are better than DMC4's.
>And the game isn't slower than non turbo 1, 2, 3 and 4
And now you're just shitposting.

Maybe hack Itsuno should have made DMC5 isn't of DmC2.

Then don't reply you god damn shill. The game is slow as balls and feels awful.

Combat is good but the skill requirement for advanced stuff dropped sooo far. Just compare jump cancelling cerberus.
You don't even need to switch styles to skystar into areal rave. No more TRICK SWORD TRICK SWORD. Even if you don't use sword dante, skystar carries you way too far and it's SLOW. Same with Nero's calibur. It's all less crazy than it could have been.

Attached: 1552373216170.png (851x768, 771K)

based strokeposter

But he did make DMC 5

GET OUT OF THE WAY KAMIYA FAG

MAKE DRAGONS DOGMA 2 NOW FAGGOTS
REEEEEEEE

>I'm saying it's shit, you faggot.
Than you consider DMC1, 3 and 4 shit because it has the same combat mechanics but more
> V is dog shit and I didn't play Bloody Palace and have never cared about it.
V is fine and easy, just lacks moves. He certainly doesnt make the game worse, than how the dice game and Saviour boss fight did with 4
>None of the bosses are better than DMC4's.
Lmao, literally only one boss is good in 4
>And now you're just shitposting.
I'm not the one that's delusional

>I'm not the one that's delusional
You're defending a shit game, so you are delusional.

believe it or not, people can have a different opinion than you.

>No more TRICK SWORD TRICK SWORD.
Is this suppose to be bad? Lol.
But sure the skill ceiling is lower than it could've been (I think mods fixed most of these problems, dunno I'm not a PC player). Maybe they could make the jump canceling window smaller, and bring back reversals like they had it in the demo.
But most of these things aren't important and don't put meaning in the combat for me. Seeing Dante going back and fourth on an enemy like a weirdo doesnt look stylish to me.

>a shit game
I'm not defending anything, I would admit it's flaws if I saw any. I don't see it as the best in the series, it has shit level design and shit story. Nothing to write home about, it did not exceed my expectations and was just another fun entry of a series that was almost killed. But I'm still happy with it, at least we don't have the same fate as NG, GoW or other action games.

6SE/DLC >>> 6 = 5SE > 5 = 3SE = 4SE > 1 > 3 > 4 >>> DmC:DE >>>>> DmC >> wall >>>> DMC 2

Attached: 1552535243755.png (569x450, 266K)

the point is expression. you can do whatever you think looks cool. They want everyone to be able to do the craziest combos and thereby rob them of most of their craziness and expressive ability.

Based time traveling boomer. Do we ever get Revengeance 2?

That Vergil hair looks so much better than what we actually got wtf

Why are KH fags still pretending their boogeyman is attacking DMC when this so called Barry loves DMC?

Literally 1 or 2 guys shitposting every thread

haha funny joke there dude! :)

I'm pretty sure you can express plenty in 5. You have air taunts, a triple jump, more red queen moves, breakers. Dante has more weapons than in 4, has SDT to chain combos with, and more.
But I understand, some just want the weird teleporting schtick that looks impressive to some, and they really just should've just left it.

They don't, there's a handful of fags that drop in just to shit post. They make the same points every time.

Barry is a KH fag boogeyman that only attacks KH because its shit.

Because KH3 bombed and lost to FFXV, KH fags tried to attack XV by falseflagging as "Barry" in DMC threads so they could throw DMC fans against XV fans, which only benefits the butthurt KH fags that want to attack XV because of their perceived slight, and since DMC fans are not autistic KH fags they were not aware of this Barry falseflagging that KH fags kept doing, and so unwittingly believed that 'Barry" or XV fans are the ones attacking DMC despite the fact that they aren't.

"Barry" doesn't attack DMC, KH fags do and then will try and pretend they're chummy with DMC fans to deny their involvement.

XV fans love DMC and even created mods for DMC5 in XV.

Attached: 1554269045323.webm (560x314, 1.26M)

>Yea Forums says this game is good
>try it out
>can't complete the story
it's a bad game.

This
DMC6 has more and better bosses, more enemy variety, has a head difficulty from the start (albeit still kinda easier than SoS). Has better and more memorable areas and scenes. Has unlockable costumes. brought back wall running and enemy surf. Has Nero with better breakers and a secondary fist weapon. an interconnected map, and playable Vergil from the start

Attached: What you la-.jpg (1024x576, 104K)

its the opposite actually, DMC is one the most beloved series on Yea Forums, right up there with monster hunter, dragon quest, and MGS(pre 5) its had constant high quality threads going ever since i got here in '09.

Attached: 1562641564220.gif (320x407, 116K)

here we go

my grandpa just died, i feel you user

Attached: spongbob.gif (1275x916, 1.28M)

my point is that if everyone can do it, nobody's impressed.

>playable Vergil from the start
HAHAHAHA. oh man. you kids. you want to play as Vergil? that will be $59.99 for DMC6 special edition four years after release of the base game.

Are you a KH tranny going to deny those facts?

>starting from 5 and not 1

Take care, user

those look like post kaneko SMT demon designs.

I wanna feel special - 4babbys
Kek

Dante your sword sucks ass

>MUH TOP PERCENTILE PLAYER
autism

But not everyone can do it....
It takes skill to do an awesome combo, it isn't just something a newfag to the series can come in and just do. It doesnt have the simplistic controls of DmC. You're very much exaggerating how 5 is dumber down.

Attached: 1554824856445.webm (853x480, 2.81M)

i couldnt find a vod of the last panel they did, can anyone hook a nigga up?

wasn't it reported as 2.5 million in sales like 3 months ago? I am sure they have sold more since.

Pretty much, it was one of the few franchises managed to consistently have civil threads and fun times, especially when it came to collectively shitting on DmC. The current problem is just contrarians and shitposters latching onto something beloved and highly anticipated to try and make waves.

ToRtanic was a mistake. it spawned so many le epic contrarian faggots

>he thinks them bringing back Vergil and making him a good guys is all for nothing
Lmao, SE will be V and the ladies, to bait the Fujos and waitufags

Attached: Sweet Dreams.jpg (1024x888, 99K)

Kill yourself ESL shitheel.

2.1 Million was reported 2 weeks after release.
Keep in mind that neither that first 2.1m or the recent 2.5m take into account digital sales, which in this day and age make up a good chunk.

Check dan's facebook page

If you think that there is a single dmc5 boss worse than that fucking window then you might be a brainlet.

when was the "recent" 2.5 announcement made?

im buying once im done with the collection so its 2.500001 million

The 2.5mil is as of June 30th

lol what a coincidence

Now imagine how well it could have sold if it had good level design, good puzzles, good music, good character models, good difficulty, and a satifying ending. That's how good this game was.

Inb4 DMC6 has an empowered Lady as main character.

Fuck you, I'm a KHfag and I love DMC.

You shitheads are gonna jinx it.

Imagine Trish

>I'm a KHfag

Attached: 1556860101468.jpg (597x498, 21K)

I wonder if the next game will even humor playable Dante and Vergil.

Attached: smokin' sick sty-.webm (1920x1080, 2.81M)

>satifying ending
What's wrong with the ending?

user expected le dramatic Vergil vs Dante ending

2.5 million is above expected sales and Capcom has already said how pleased they are with DMC5's performance. If I understand the situation right, they were gambling with this game. They saw the sales of the DMC4SE and decided to see if people on the internet were really interested or if it was just a bunch loud few wankers.

Must be one of the dummies who thought dante was going to die.

Someone post the power level meme
Fuck you, I'm from the future.

Attached: Fuck you.jpg (1024x575, 104K)

can we get a game with vergil and dante just working together

Has Capcom mentioned what their target for dmc 5 is? At least for the first year?

(you)

All we know is that they consider it a success and that they expect 3.5mil sales by March 31st next year or something

Next game needs to have 3 playable character. otherwise it'll be considered a downgrade from 55s 3 playable characters. Nero is a must for Bingo and Itsuno. Dante is forced upon them by Capcom since they're not retarded. And the third playable character could be really anyone, Trish, Lady, Lucia, V/Patty (as some would want it), and it also could be Vergil since he is a protagnist now.

Attached: 1552203510976.webm (960x540, 2.8M)

capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/explanation.html

Capcom expects more than 3.5 & 5.5m total copies sold for DMC5 and RE2 before March 31st, 2020

>Q: Catalog sales of Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry 5 were favorable in the first quarter. Do you expect these to continue to grow in the second quarter and beyond?

>A: We believe that through carrying out promotions such as discounts for digital versions of these titles that even further sales growth is possible, and have forecasted these titles to sell more than 1 million units each for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2020.

Attached: 1551350892196.png (462x500, 125K)

No thats Hollywood. Gaming is different because the cost of development isn't as inflated as hollywood movies are and the marketing for games doesn't cover as much geographical territory as movies.

>no, i'm not Barry

>Capcom expects more than 3.5
More like 3 million. By the end of last fiscal year it sold 2 million copies.

Why are there so many tasteless fags on this board? I was told dmc1 is outdated and no fun if ya played 3 or 4 yet I found it to be amazing. Just needs a better camera, that's its only flaw really.

Attached: 3351912-7228323698-Devil.jpg (1920x1080, 176K)

>3.5 by march
If they announce an expansion Im sure itll help with that. Hoping it goes far beyond their expectations tho.

There are alot of people who are in it for the combat, not the world, not the atmosphere, not the design, the combat.

>RE2 sold 4.5 million copies
>Sekiro sold 3.8 million copies
>DmC2 sold 2.5 million copies

That's what you get for all your goblina shitposting, DMCucks. Feels good to win.

But REmake also has a fucking goblina.

>That's what you get for all your goblina shitposting
But both RE, and DMC were shitposted on with le goblina meme....
And maybe Sekiro too but I don't know

>tfw both dmcfag and soulsfag/sekirofag
I lose nothing. cope

Bros...

Attached: 1546635834603.png (558x845, 252K)

Sekiro had shota and monkey rape victim posting.

>muh gaming elitism
imagine being this far gone

>shilling for free
Yikes

>no source
kill yourself

Sekiro deserves those sales, it's an amazing action game. I hope From makes less Souls and more action games in the future.

twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1159749122775244800?s=19

>Sell in = Shipped
based polack

haha, suckiro fags BTFO

So it doesn't count digital sales? That's even better.

Mega Man is really obvious with that
>MMX revives the franchise after Capcom got lazy with all the OG Mega Man games
>Same happens with MM Zero, Battle Network etc.

>tfw still remember all the fags saying before release the game would sell alot more than kh3
>kh3 ends up selling almost 3 times as many copies as dmc5

Loving every single laugh

Didn't most DMCfags say that 5 wont sell as much as DmC because it doesnt pander to casuals or normies and would be the last game in the series?

>There's a high chance that you can join random people that don't use it
IMAGINE THE POSSIBLITIES

Attached: 20190809143311_1.jpg (2560x1440, 610K)

It uses the same matchmaking system as regular Cameo, so it prioritises friends but if there are none available, it goes to randoms

>DmC
dead franchise after 3

>t.

Attached: Tameemmmm.jpg (610x343, 19K)

>was
you see what they did to you?
it is a good game

I'm the only one that pirated Sekiro and payed for the DMC5 Deluxe Edition?

Attached: 1553106345266.png (633x874, 64K)

This
The fight is kino

I pirated both.

>pirated Sekiro and payed for dmc
Muh nigga

i'm very sure that dmc4 had turbo in the base pc version.

I did this too.

the game is still fucking 60$, so 2.5 mill times 60 = 150,000,000

>This tiny country is the size of 2 tinier countries combined

Turbo mode was a mistake

and that's not even accounting for Deluxe Edition purchased and not even digital purchases

even my hella rusty gameplay is better than that of most players. i'd wager that more than half of the playerbase don't even know about jump cancelling, let alone how to use it effectively. the crazy stuff you see on youtube has always been content that's being produced by a very vocal minority, no matter if it's simple jc chains or tst/combo mad type of footage.

the thing that still pisses me off the most is that they hid two insanely good weapons, namely gerbera gp-01 and cavaliere r behind paywalls that added another layer to combat. i still refuse to buy those. this shit should have been included in the base game and i hope they'll incorporate it into the inevitable SE upgrade dlc.

i just bought two days ago and beat today
what a game i never liked previous dmc games

(played 1,4 and gay version)

>deluxe Gerbera
Eh, I take reflection of basic Gerbera any time over trick up/down of deluxe

Is there an artbook for this game already?

Actually Dante is forced in the game by the fans.
Dante absolutely needed to be DMC5 because of the 10 year hiatus i will not argue against that, we've suffered too much.
That being said try to mention that Dante should become a Special Edition character in a thread (don't be a fag about it) and read the replies.

Attached: ack.png (680x680, 124K)

And PC version came out 5-6 months later with Turbo and LDK mode

it's not a matter of preference though, it's about shitty business models. charging extra for weapons that provide different mechanics than their base game counterparts is nothing short of scummy. i wouldn't mind if it had just been reskinned weapons, but having an air dash with cavaliere for example is a significant difference.

it's still not a special edition. also, there is literally no reason not to include a turbo mode into the base game.

>There's no reason not to include a turbe mode for a gen that can't handle it

enlighten me, how does a 20% increase in gameplay speed change the load a console has to handle? theres nothing added to the screen, no additional textures, nothing. the only thing that changes is that the animations are sped up slightly.

>sped up
It kinda fucks some of the moves and jacket animations in 5

that doesn't change anything about the load the console has to handle though, does it?

Physics processing affects absolutely everything.
Animations are just the rendered part of the mechanic, and would be the easiest bit to change. The harder part would shit like jumping, getting pathfinding not to spaz out, any interaction with collisions, that sort of thing.

It would be exceptionally easy if the architecture was up for it from the start, but a complete pain in the ass if they didn't plan for it.

>the only thing that changes is that the animations are sped up
In turbo everything is sped up, literally boot up DMC3 or 4, launch mission that has a timer with and then without turbo
It would literally require to render and process everything, but 20% faster

Time=money when the largest cost is Dev time. What was it, a year and a half, two? Largest two teams at Capcom were split between RE2 and DMC5 that entire time

Remember that a competent team can be crippled just by sending too much unqualified manpower at it. "What 1 programmer can do in a day, 5 programmers can do in a week" adage.
There are serious pipeline development problems in every major studio due to this shit. Unchecked growth without curation causes more problems than it solves.

play 3

You may as well play 2 as well.
2 is just the sort of game that's best played piss-drunk with one hand on the "fire weapon" button.

imagine being this retarded and bored

it's not dumbed down much, but it's definitely slower. just cause you can jc doesn't mean you're not still entry level. im not tst level, but i can do some sick stuff. at high levels it feels like playing an instrument or break dancing. it's very rewarding precisely because of how difficult it is.

having said that at least they found a decent compromise between accessibility and a high skill ceiling.

except for one thing i just remembered which is that they changed how jump canceling works! nero's jc is supposed to be based off of his swords hitbox, unlike dante. this limits him AND makes him harder to play. it's the worst of both worlds.

the one thing i thing that's easier now that i approve of is reverse backslide. but in return, proper guard flying is history, which was one of the slickest advanced technique in the game.

ok gatekeeper

Lmao who the fuck cares
I just want to play as capeshit hero doing sick stuff. Why should i care about some jc box size and shit

Attached: 337744748.jpg (1440x1920, 473K)

Post the second arm, nigger.

>they're now making crap up
>now

Attached: shitposting.jpg (550x845, 96K)

Why do they make Lady and Nico lips so sexy

Why would I ask for a retarded thing? Dante is a must in a base game. If you don't like Dante you don't like DMC

Around 50k across both platforms IIRC.
In comparisong DMC4:SE sold around half a million on PC alone and Capcom said their profits jumped 100% that year thanks to DMC4:SE gamespot.com/articles/capcom-profit-jumps-100-thanks-in-part-to-devil-ma/1100-6429308/

Only odd numbered DMCs are good, kinda like Avenger movies

>2.5
It's 3 by now playstationlifestyle.net/2019/07/26/capcom-sales-soar-as-devil-may-cry-5-and-resident-evil-2-sell-millions/

Attached: 1542465534096.jpg (1616x1078, 153K)

>Around 50k across both platforms IIRC.
Jesus christ.
At that point you just feel sorry for Ninja Theory. Perhaps they wouldn't have been in this situation if Capcom had just given them Power Stone. I mean Ninja Theory made a fucking Power Stone clone way back when, it's not that outlandish.
It wasn't even that bad, either.

Dante is the best he's ever looked though

Attached: 1564729698025.jpg (2121x3770, 2.01M)

>feel sorry
Dunno, they got the money and some notoriety. Before DmC they literally who making games with great visuals and shit gameplay.

>chest hair
Daddy

Not that user, but can someone explain to me the Barry meme?

dongurifags should be bottom-tier
>starts uploading DMC4 again because of spergy guard-fly inertia shit
>fanbase immediately renounces DMC5 when they aren't capable of using that horseshit themselves in the first place

keeps shitposting on every dmc thread because hes a final fantasy fanboy

>Gaming is different because the cost of development isn't as inflated
maybe 10-15 years ago but these days the budget of triple A video games is 100 millions on average between marketing and development. The days of making AAA game with 20 millions or less are long gone.

>feel sorry
>the studio that lambasted on the OG fans
lmao

What makes you think this game had a high budget? They have been using the same fucking engine since RE7. Most of the characters moves were recycled from DMC4 with only changing some effects. A lot of enemies are fucking rehash from previous games with tons of fan-service reference. Not to mention the game is short as fuck for a title with this hype and the marketing was mostly done by Microsoft.

where did i say you have to care? if you're just a casual, then this game was designed with you in mind, you're laughing.

I would instinctively ask "Why?", considering that they are two games that have nothing in common, but I suspect that the answer would just be "Madness"...

Attached: barry.png (1576x194, 64K)

Wasn't it explicitly stated they had a low budget? 2.5mil is great.

Attached: farmer-kun.png (431x610, 401K)

Barry is an enema where he hates anything that disgraces his precious FFXV or KH

*enigma but I guess he's an enema too, except instead of water it's just diarrhea you're shooting into your ass

Attached: 1563083476701.png (1920x1080, 2.46M)

Yeah. Not to mention the game is still at full price so they 2.5 million copies of a $60 games. That's like $150.000.000

I doubt the development coasted half of that desu.

Don't quote me on this but I recall reading it had a budget of about 8 million which means they made well more than just a small profit

>tfw some Capcom bigwig is probably still going reee why didn't it sell like MHW

Attached: 1560396822709.png (865x570, 970K)

Nah, fuck 'em.

>Dante: I can believe this. This... seems normal.

>man, I miss Enzo's Strawberry sundae. He always pays for it and I just steal it. Sucks that he isntvaroujd anymore

Attached: Ohh.jpg (1024x566, 68K)

you fucks I already told you there will be a DMC update revealed at Gamescom.
>hurr durr no proof
well then check this 0

So Close

>They're going to break coop mode after gamescom
Big if true

Attached: 20190809164647_1.jpg (2560x1440, 639K)

The post above me will end in 7
This post will end in 3
The post below me will end in 4

Attached: A MAN CAN ONLY DREAM. check this 3.png (511x1063, 1.17M)

BIG AND TRUE

>isntvaroujd
Are you having a stroke Dante

Attached: 1554420545248.png (584x575, 242K)

thoughts on Nico?

Attached: nico.jpg (482x600, 75K)

Alt color is cutie
And her lips hnggg

I hope Cheat Engine autist will port his stuff to 4 update. It hurts to play with default target switch

Do not play DMC 4:SE
Support the community and play DMC 5:CE

>CE
Port your shit to last update

eat shit 4bab

no playable Vergil, no buy

Attached: 1564037787747.png (1083x1079, 1.81M)

Straight to the easier assumption. It didn't occur to you i've been steadily playing DMC for 19 years now but how would you know that.
It must be so nice being in your head where nobody stands a chance against your masterful arguments. You're not under the shower here and that goes for everyone in this thread. Advice for future posting.

Attached: Heavy Sigh.gif (600x300, 3.93M)

MHW sold more than that HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Attached: pokeispook.png (300x600, 143K)

>have to wait years for the finished game, I mean the special edition
why does capcom get away with this?

I wish I could kill these fucking tech illiterate redditors. What the fuck am I even reading? Is this supposed to be a fucking joke? Do you think developers are throwing shekels at some fucking magic machine that "makes better graphics" based on how much fucking money you shit into the well? Money goes to fucking paying peoples salaries and the more people/ more higher paid people you have X the devtime the more fucking money you spend. Extra costs come from things like licensing or X special money sinks (which are technically nothing in the grand scheme of the development) like for example creating the outfits of the characters for photogrammetry. This isnt even a case of being le tech illiterate, its a case of bidoo gaymer kiddos being genuinely retarded 10 year olds with no brains

It's true, Dante is just too based for there to be a DMC game without him.

Yeah, and?

Game devs don't see the full $60, they only get about $30 after the publishing fees and distribution costs.

If you cut that 150 in half you'll get a more realistic number of 75mil which isn't bad but after development cost you're probably only looking at 20-30 mil profit. Which is enough to make another game but nothing to write home about.

she's pure sex, i love how trashy she is

>Using him whenever possible
>Games that doesn't have him is shit
>SE sells as much as the base game
>Fan favorite and Itsuno's
>Always brings the hype
A game with Vergil instead of Dante would sell as much as a Dante's starring game.

Attached: 1563697994155.jpg (820x457, 42K)

Was this supposed to be impressive you fucking dicklet? never post this webm again

>come in
>see "Barry" typed in less than 5 posts
>ctrl+f "DOA"
>laugh

Feels good to live rent free on some schizophrenic's mind. Remember when DMC threads weren't filled with triggered fanboy nu-male faggots? I do.

Attached: Birthday girl.jpg (1000x1000, 70K)

Im not a le tranny and it gets old to destroy the same retarded autists in every thread who just pop into the next thread and say the exact same retarded shit again

You're forgetting spideyfag, unless he's already on that list

Just give him a red coat and confused zoomer consumers will be happy

Attached: D916YS-UcAADYsN.jpg (1200x920, 258K)

Are you talking to yourself, schizo?

>spideyfag
The fuck

It's not about being a newfag or an oldfag, it's not about being a Nerofag or a Dantefag. Wanting a one character only game that isn't Dante shouldn't be an option, ever. Why would you ask for a game where you only play as Nero? When you can instead have more with a character like Dante. Why would you ask for less characters, when you can instead have more. Convince me, why in the hell, should I want Dante to be removed from the base game, him being powerful isn't an excuse since Nero literally has plot armor because of how he's bingo and Itsuno's OC. And Vergil can't die just after bringing him back. And Dante's arc isn't over, he still suppose to be Nero's mentor. That's how Itsuno he sees Dante.

Attached: 1563098098254m.jpg (831x1024, 126K)

you're late. thread is already at bump limit

You probably are lonely again and want some back and forth. Not even gonna bother.

DMC threads have fallen low. I'm gonna blame discord as it promotes this kind of insular autistic behavior.

Lol, are you seething? Literally was just a simple combo, wasn't even mone really. You can still find more impressive stuff out there

Attached: 1554830698044.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

Who is making these cringe no skill wee woo DmC tier webms?

>easy bad
>hard good
Die

Those who play the game?

Attached: 1554151325872.webm (711x400, 2.88M)

yes, im not impressed by epic precanned animations and someone spamming dashes+one button

Attached: 1429357110486.gif (500x281, 337K)

faggot

But you're impressed by someone glitching through the air?

Attached: 1555223306037.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

When did I say that? le guardflying stopped being an epic mystic art to me when I learned it in a few minutes, the only impressive part of any DMC combo is creativity and when its obvious that the player is skilled/ isnt just mashing buttons and it shows (like combining attacks with heavy movement properties instead of gluing random no skill dogshit like static JC air attacks)

I would ask for less characters in order to have one solid, start to finish narrative and an undivided gameplay experience. Avoid a split narrative that invariably loses in focus and therefore power. More and more and more is not better and at one point it cracks somewhere.
Not only the plot but also how the mission roaster is structured, splitting 20 missions three ways i just ensuring each guy gets less situations to have fun in.
To close: Who wants Nero to be the star? Well Itsuno the director obviously wants that, i just happen to agree with him i'm not making the game.
See you in another thread.

Attached: 1536486910198.gif (500x281, 948K)

post your youtube channel, or not, FrigidMoon

And we can instead of removing a fan favorite character, solve this problem with having different campaigns, just Like DMC2, RE 6 and Sonic '06

youtube.com/watch?v=f81xmW8jBm8
there, too bad every DMC5 clip is not only unlisted but recorded the month the game came out because ive had better things to do

>he thinks memorizing a series of inputs and doing them on a potato sack is impressive

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOHOHOHO

I told you guys to stop assuming things.

Attached: 1375278056597.jpg (480x360, 44K)