Beat taurus demon and find ladder back to bonfire

>beat taurus demon and find ladder back to bonfire
>oh cool, I wonder where I go next
>unlock door and go downstairs, giant guy with a club who I do less than 1 percent of his health to with each swing bashes through my shield and one shots me
>go through a hallway and up another set of stairs, giant guy with a club who I do less than 1 percent of his health to with each swing bashes through my shield and one shots me
>go outside into the courtyard instead, giant steel boar who I do less than 1 percent of his health to with each swing bashes through my shield and one shots me
>Hmm, maybe I have to time my run through the bridge with the dragon
>See that the dragon's fire breath only does about half my health so I think I can make it
>The dragon instantly does a much stronger fire breath that one shots you if you get close
Bravo, FromSoft. Great open world design. I can really go anywhere and approach the situation how I want.

Holy shit, how is this dumpster trash so heavily praised?

Attached: game.jpg (1920x1080, 420K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=02my_zhX4Bs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>shield
git gud

Dark Souls wasn't designed as an open world game. There's a few paths that the devs intend for you to take, and it sounds like you are taking the easiest path right now. The number 1 rule for beginners in Dark Souls is that if an area seems way too hard, you're probably not supposed to be there (especially this early on in the game where you don't really have access to any good weapons).
also, the boar is weak to backstabs and fire

>literally can't get good
damn that sucks man

some people like to be challenged

try harder, this bait isn't very good

Attached: 1546183557621.jpg (1280x720, 376K)

I know OP is bait, but what guy with the club? The berenike knight?

I think he made his story retarded on purpose as an advanced bait method so people would correct him in addition to telling him to get good

Havel, are you as dumb as op?

I laughed at the chubby fishs face for a solid 2 minutes...

Attached: themoonboosh.jpg (500x284, 36K)

>Acting as if Dark Souls was advertised as “go anywhere do anything”

If you don't suck, you can literally beat Havel without leveling a single time.

soul level 1 runs are a thing. Hell you can beat the game using a rock band drum kit or mic. just git gud.

youtube.com/watch?v=02my_zhX4Bs

It's just really poor design to have everything opened up but then basically say swat you and say "NO, NOT THIS WAY!" I mean my damage is basically a scratch while they one shot me despite looking similar in power to random knights with a fraction their HP and damage (that you ARE supposed to kill). I mean I guess you can just memorize their attacks and cheese them, but it's seriously worse than some of the worst offending JRPGs and looter shooters with how ridiculous their health pool is and how blatant they make it that you shouldn't kill them.

Not to mention you can only roll in four directions and it's a slow roll not to move out of way (moving from being in the path to out of path) but for i-frames. So basically it looks and feels really clunky because you roll right through clubs and swords. Also, stamina is really slow and restrictive, and you can only attack a couple of times before you just sit there and wait. And the camera is fucking awful, way too jittery, gets caught on objects and spazzes out even with auto adjust off. Also, for some reason, enemies can swing in tight spaces but your character hits the side (very inconsistent), additionally in these tight corridors, the camera (and combat in general) are awful, but much of the game takes place in these

Who the fuck praises this trash?

You seem more inclined to just complain than actually succeed.

However, on the offchance you aren't just a teenage crybaby.

Try lowering your equipload by unequipping armor/shields etc, you have multiple tiers of movement speed - which have a linked roll speed, the faster having more iframes for better evasive rolls. Your stamina recovers faster also if you have a lower equipload + you can later find items/armor etc that buff stamina regen.

Early shields aren't so hot - look at the stability stat, that essentially determines how much stamina will be taken when you block attacks, higher stability = less stamina taken, better blocking.

The bloke at the bottom of the stairs who looks armored to the teeth in stone is essentially a miniboss, entirely killable at base level but not something a new player is expected to do.

On the bridge with the hellkite drake there is more than one route ahead/out, look around.

Also yes - the combat is slow and deliberate, if you can't adjust to it then you won't enjoy it.

to add to this, i was less pissy but somewhat in a similar situation to you when first playing the game, i played the undead asylum and bits of the berg on three seperate times over the course of 2 years until I was in the right mindset to actually play, explore, learn and enjoy. DS1 isn't a game that clicks for everyone right away - some people it won't click for ever, some may take time. Up to you to figure out if you want to put time into it.

Man I made a post just like his when I was starting out, and now have 200 hours in DS1 alone kek

>he doesnt mentally register when his hits are getting tanked by a gigantic shield and doing no damage

It's bait dude

Likely yeah, but as said, many of us have made posts like this entirely unironically in the past. Given how much I love DaS, i don't mind attempting to help in the slim chance it aint bait.

people who aren’t fucking terrible at games like you

Also stab the pig in the ass. It isn't armored there. or use the items they give you right at that point to bait it into fire, or kill it whilst abusing the environment, it is big - you are small.

Think.

>slow and deliberate
No, it's just fucking clunky. The enemies are braindead simple but the only time you make mistakes is you get bored of the mind numbing tedium as the shield enemy sits there in place in the 2 foot wide path and just afk's with his shield for a minute straight. The rolls feel extremely awkward and are slow and clunky and it's not dodging in any particular way, or dodging to move out of the way, you just dodge because you for some reason become completely invincible. It's just really unsatisfying.

The combat feels fucking atrocious majority of the time since you are in cramped hallways where the camera is spazzing out and you can't even move around or turn or do anything so it's basically just braindead attacks on their telegraphed tells, and the only skill is baiting out each enemy or being able to run past them because they all cluster in the tiny ass hallways and you get stuck in place or your camera bugs out and you can't see shit.

Even if the combat was remotely good or responsive, the game is frustrating with giant fucking boss-like enemies everywhere that you apparently aren't supposed to kill because you do absolutely fuck all damage to them unless you are just supposed to hack away at them for 20 minutes straight like in some poorly balanced looter shooter. Then right next to and past these giant boss-like enemies, you have little worthless grunt enemies that die in a couple hits and do almost no damage.

Also, the numerous paths and finding random keys in one corner of the world that go in one of the more than a dozen random doors on another side of the world is really shitty game design, and maybe it's just personal preference but I don't prefer backtracking over the same area multiple times checking every door and pathway just to see what opens up.

It's just really poorly designed garbage.

OUTFUCKING SKILLED

bait thread or retard afterall.
ok yeah, nevermind then.

i feel bad for you

Let's just say, dark souls isn't exactly for everyone

>someone who has hundreds of hours and knows exactly where to go, exactly how to run past every enemy, exactly where OP gear and spells are, and all the boss animations and cheese strategies can beat the game without leveling
>this somehow excuses the shit game design
lol

I have several hundred hours and have 100%'d every game in the Soulsborne series. I hate and have always hated DkS1 though and found it to be overrated garbage that was vastly inconsistent in quality to the rest of the series. And continually I go back and TRY to enjoy it, but between the awful combat, the finnicky camera, and the frustrating world design with constant backtracking and random keys and sprinting halfway across the world trying to find the specific NPC you need with no fast travel, it's just not an enjoyable game at all.

I have beaten pretty much every game I have played on the hardest difficulty, 1CC'd many games, beaten the Ninja Gaiden games on MN, beaten the DMC games on DMD, beaten MGRR on revengeance with S ranks for everything, done all the ironmans on Super Meat Boy, done all the combat challenges on Vanquish, etc.

you are unironically too shit and stupid for the game

Why do you feel you need to defeat every enemy in your path? Why do you feel you should be able to defend every hit with your shield when you can roll and dodge the attack?

>I can only roll in 4 directions
Lock ons for fags

In order to derail this bait thread, post your favourite boss in ds1

And yet you are garbage at dark souls.

Don't you need the master key to get to Havel at that point? I think for a first playthrough it's better to not have the master key.

Why is no one addressing any of my points?

Do you genuinely think the camera is good?

Do you genuinely think that two foot wide hallways where you can't even swing your weapon with slow ass rolls and the game just throwing dozens of braindead grunt enemies at you is enjoyable combat?

Do you genuinely think that having the blacksmiths/merchants all selling specific things and having to remember where they are and the exact convoluted path to get to them and running halfway across the world every time to do so is enjoyable? Do you think that getting multiple keys and having to constantly backtrack to see what they go to is enjoyable?

Do you genuinely think that a slow, clunky roll that isn't actually for moving out of the way but literally basically just a one-dimensional "no damage" button that you press the instant before you get hit (instead of moving out of the way) is good game design?

Do you genuinely think that throwing a half dozen boss-like enemies with massive fucking health pools that you can't even dent unless you hacked away for 20 minutes straight scattered throughout the grunt enemies (many of which look similarly as strong) just in the first hour of gameplay alone to be good game design?

Do you genuinely think a stamina system where you can only attack a couple times before walking back and just standing there doing nothing is a fun or engaging combat system?

Do you genuinely think that Priscilla, Capra Demon, Taurus Demon, Pinwheel, Seath, Ceaseless Discharge, and Bed of Chaos are well designed boss fights?

Do you genuinely think it's acceptable to recycle an identical boss three times?

Do you genuinely think curse is a good game mechanic?

Do you genuinely think that vital mechanics like lordvessel, upgrading estus, pardoning, and kindling bonfires are well explained?

Do you genuinely think that masses of braindead grunt enemies, Bonewheel Skeletons, Stray Demons, Anor Londo Archers or Drakes are good enemy design?

This is the equivalent to throwing all your fishing maggots into the lake at once

>>I can only roll in 4 directions
>Lock ons for fags
lol

Holy shit you're garbage at games and at life.
Neck your faggot self.

never said this before but have sex

Hi OP I have severe Muscular Dystrophy. I have gone through numerous painful procedures but reading your post by far has been the worst thing that ever happened to me. I have the use of four of my ten fingers and shitty reaction time because of the lack of muscle mass and I was still able to beat all three DaS games. Get good you fucking faggot and stop shitting up the board with your trash.

>I have several hundred hours and have 100%'d every game in the Soulsborne series
I would literally bet everything I own that this statement is 100% bullshit.

>is bad
>gets mad
lol

I dont think anyone said this yet. That door isnt normally accessed at that point in the game, but you took the master key gift at the start of the game. This allows you to go to places early or previously off limits. Just go up to the bridge and ignore havel for now because you arent skilled or leveled up enough to handle him right now. That isnt the primary pathway so you have no reason to go that way right now if you cant handle it
Tldr ur a bitch op and brought this upon yourself, git gud

>be shit at game
>complain on Yea Forums
>get laughed at so badly you kill yourself

rip op

>Do you genuinely think the camera is good?
Yes.

>Do you genuinely think that two...
Yes, Your own fault and doesn't happen.

>Do you genuinely think that having the blacksmit...
Yes.

>Do you genuinely think that a slow...
No, I don't. This mechanic was improved over time.

>Do you genuinely think that throwing a half...
Yes. A smart player would realize they are not supposed to be here yet and/or try to get good enough to pass the challenge as they are.

>Do you genuinely think a stamina system...
Yes.

>Do you genuinely think that Pris...
Yes, Yes, Yes, No he needs more HP but he has good mechanics, Yes, Yes and No.

>Do you genuinely think it's accepta...
No but the reality of the world is sometimes you run out of time.

>Do you genuinely think curse...
Absolutely but the cure to it shouldn't be as obscure.

>Do you genuinely think that vital...
I think they were explained well enough except for pardoning. When you angered an NPC a popup like you got for all the other mechanics should've appeared telling you to seek absolution.

>Do you genuinely think that masses
There are very few areas where you encounter more than 3 enemies at any given time. The areas where there are more you need to think for a few seconds before you charge in.

upgrade your weapon retard