For anyone who is still clinging to a number of delusions about the Smash DLC fighters...

For anyone who is still clinging to a number of delusions about the Smash DLC fighters, I would like to direct you to the DLC Spirits menu in the game, which debunks a number of common theories.

First, the theory that the remaining DLC fighters can be characters whose series are already represented in Smash, such as Fire Emblem or Mario. As you can see, each slot is dedicated to a specific series, icon and all, which has not been represented in Smash with any other spirits. This confirms that any series which is already represented in Smash in the normal spirit board, will not be receiving a DLC fighter. This also applies to characters like Shantae, who do not have a series icon but have already received spirits.

This also debunks the theory that there will be any fighters beyond these five. If there were, there would be more room for DLC spirits. Instead, it is the five franchises represented in the Fighters Pass, with "coming soon" slots for the remaining three, and that is it.

Attached: spirits.jpg (1385x897, 212K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/2JRDgUc
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The DLC spirits menu didn't even exist until the latest patch.
They could easily patch it with more entries.

FE Three Houses has no spirit and they could hypothetically make a spirit menu for that game specifically patternfag, I don’t believe FE will have a new rep but it’s sadly a possibility

also plant doesn’t have a spirit board, if they wanted to do extra dlc fighter ala some shit like Geno or hell even crazier shit like dark Kirby they can

If they planned to do that they wouldn't have bothered adding three empty slots. They would have just added them as they added each character.

The icon disproves that. These are intended to be separate series with their own menus. The only possible exception is if a game thought to be part of a series was given its own icon and treated as its own series.
This much, I will grant you, is not impossible, but is highly unlikely.

Why even try to predict this? They can always announce another pack and add more to the list.

My goals are twofold: To temper expectations for people who think Geno or Shantae is a possibility, and to cut off "epic memer" types who keep smugly claiming that the remaining characters will be Byleth and some Pokemon.

>This also debunks the theory that there will be any fighters beyond these five.
They could just add a scroll bar, retard. They could also theoretically add another character like Piranha Plant

So by your logic if they just make the crest an icon for that specific FE game then Three Houses can join the fight

Yes, but that would literally be the first time a Fire Emblem character has ever received a unique icon, and Fire Emblem is one of the most heavily represented franchises in Smash so there's a pattern here. The chances of it happening are microscopically small.

Same peep here
I don’t want a new FE rep too but this pattern shit isn’t always right and no matter how many theory’s come out dumb idiots will expect impossible characters, that’s life.
Best you can do now op is wait for DLC to end and hope we get neat characters (me personally I’m rooting for Travis Touchdown but I know that may not happen)

>Geno is not one of the 5
OH NO NO NO NO

The real question is, who's gonna be with him in the Z-Fighters spirit battle?

Attached: latest[1].jpg (391x870, 425K)

We already got Gohan dude, they're not putting a second DBZ character in.

Don't get me wrong, there's an absolute fuckton of characters that are still possible. Which is why people should just accept that Geno, Shantae, Byleth, Sylux, Porky, Ashley, Zacian, and Waluigi are not happening unless they do more DLC.

I feel like they’ll do more dlc even if Sakurai ain’t heading it, it’s rn Nintendo’s Major money maker so it’d be dumb to just not update the game, then again Nintendo are a dumb company so idk

Way too much patternfag logic in this one. The truth is smash is illogical. Samurai doesn’t give a shit about contradicting himself if it will excite people. The only thing we can be confident of is that we have no idea about the future of smash dlc.

Sakurai could literally just add in a sixth slot if he were to add a bonus character. Also, the icon thing is bullshit. Someone like Porky or Sylux could just use their series icon for their spirit board. There’s no reason why they couldn’t. Enough of your rulefaggotry.

This. Sakurai and Nintendo can do whatever they like. If Nintendo calls him and says they're making another expansion pass, then they are. The menus in this game are constantly adapting to new content and there's no reason to think they won't in the future. Similarly, if he wants a FE spirit board on there, he can do it.

For what it's worth, I don't think we're getting a second fighter pass, but I also think people who argue that things are 'confirmed' based on flimsy patterns are retards.

>yeah lets have more than 5 slots on the DLC spirit board, which will spoil that we're adding more fighters past these 5, when we clearly know how huge the hype is behind Smash and wouldn't squander it like that
I don't even think that we're getting any more fighters, but this is some retarded logic.

Also, (this took a lot of thinking to realize, I had to run this through a supercomputer to even comprehend it) maybe all of the DLC spirit boards have new icons because (stay with me here) they're all series new to Smash so far?

You're right about already represented series and spirits, but who said Bonus DLC characters have to bring spirits? They're not part of the Fighters pass which doesn't promise spirits music and a stage

A season 2 seems quite likely to me. The only reason they wouldn’t make one is if the Smash team moves onto another project. Smash DLC seems to be one of the biggest hype generating topics on Internet forums and Nintendo will most likely milk it to the most of their abilities. It’s certaibly not unprecedented - street fighter 5, Tekken 7, Dragonball Fighterz and soul calibur 5 have all had multiple seasons of DLC characters.

>Frieza (Mewtwo - timed battle on Norfair)
>Vegeta (Little Mac - after getting KOd turns into Giant DK)
>Cell (Dark Samus - fights with two Mega Men, gets stronger if they're KOd)
>Majin Buu (Kirby - Regains full health if he inhales you)
>Piccolo (Ganondorf - fought in Boxing Ring, you die if you step out of the ring)
>Shenron (Giant Ridley - enemy can randomly become invincible or restore health)
>Yamcha (Wolf - enemy's attacks randomly explode, dealing damage to both of you)
>Bardock (Ryu - fought with Ganon, Wario, Sheik, and Ken, becomes stronger as they're knocked out)
>Trunks (Link - after 30 seconds a Young Link spawns)

Attached: 1563441600808.png (363x315, 85K)

Who said there will be bonus DLC characters?

As was mentioned already, they could have just had the two slots and then added a new slot with each character. But instead they just put all 5 .

Yeah, I mean look at how even Yea Forums is still filled with constant Smash threads even though the game has been out for 8 months. People fucking love Smash.

Because we know there are five coming you absolute mongoloid.

If you know there are five coming then why are you trying to claim there are more than five?

>This also debunks the theory that there will be any fighters beyond these five. If there were, there would be more room for DLC spirits. Instead, it is the five franchises represented in the Fighters Pass, with "coming soon" slots for the remaining three, and that is it.
What the fuck are you on about? If they haven't announced a second fighter pass then they aren't about to blow the secret with something as obvious as leaving a bunch of "coming soon" slates open. Obviously they would add more in a patch once they announced it.

Attached: 1560299150743.png (743x416, 731K)

How do you know?

>promise spirits
Funny enough, the fighter's pass when first announced didn't even promised this. Just that they would come with Fighter, Stage and Music

This is why people assumed that characters from already repped franchises could get in. But this has obviously been proven false and all DLC at this point has to be a new franchise.

A bonus character though, obviously wouldn't have this rule applied to them, they don't even need to bring their own music or stage. The only evidence for such a thing happening is the sound test and that could also just be because one of the two characters will have two forms that require different voices or way of saying their lines.

Wait, what sound test evidence?

>This is why people assumed that characters from already repped franchises could get in.

Everyone who said this was being delusional and had somebody in mind they desperately wanted, it was made very clear that these would be characters new to Smash you wouldn't expect like Joker from series not in Smash already.

The current fighters pass is expected to fully release by February 2020, which is 6 fucking months from now. They still haven't shown the final two fighters, and the next 6 months are going to be entirely programing, bug testing, and balance the last three. Why the FUCK is anyone even entertaining the idea that there's a 2nd pass planned when we're so far away from THIS one finishing?

Attached: cat.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>why are you trying to claim there are more than five?
Literally nobody is doing that. Only saying that it's possible.

>How do you know?
That's the whole point, dingus. Nobody knows what's possible one way or the other and dumb theories like OP's are retarded.

Because people are ridiculously desperate to get one particular character they want in and know it's not happening on this pass. It's honestly kind of sad.

"Hurr durr this page proves you all wrong and im smart"
They can just add more pages, or a scroll bar, idiot. Plus theres nothing saying it CANT be an already established series. Its a special DLC spirit page, they can put whatever series they want in there, so long as its in there. Shit they could add another persona character and just tack on more spirits into the persona page.

New pages, a scrollbar, even a new button the previous menu for a second set of five. And there's nothing stopping a DLC spirit board being from an existing series, with spirits that are exclusively from the same game as the character. Do I think there will be a second pass? No. Do I think OP is retarded? Yes.

Desperation and from a business standpoint, itd make sense. They could shit out characters forever and people would buy it.

This guy over here making the most sense

I need your help and this is the only relevant smash thread.
My friend gets mad that Im better at smash than her, and says that dodge rolling or really avoiding her attacks in any way is cheap and unfair, and that its not a strategy. I say "in a fighting game, youre saying I should just take the damage?". They respond "Its a fighting game, not a running away game"
Am I wrong that, in my strategy, I avoid taking damage, while also doing damage?

If it adds anything they play snake and spam beepbeep, dash, and aerials

Tell her that smash is not a fucking fighting game and everything is fair game

Attached: Tekken 2 Paul.gif (480x320, 3.19M)

Wait so HOW do you connect "Series already represented with an icon" means Shantae cant get in? Literally they could just add NEW Shantae spirits, what you think Nintendo will be like well shit we cant have Shantae cause she already has spirits

You do realize they could just...not put the two current spirits in that spirit board.

Sorry, guys, you know what this means.

She's in.

Attached: __hakurei_reimu_touhou_drawn_by_e_o__2d46caa4ca17a430d9f51ebfc2b6f070.jpg (1000x1412, 226K)

They think nintendo doesnt have the ability to update their game and renovate old spirits with new icons or abilities.
retarded, I know

Literally just fucking give the current spirits some new text in parentheses stating (Half-Genie Hero)

Here's what could be done
Shantae DLC board
has 8 to 11 new spirits thats it
What about her current representation means anything? You REALLY think the spirits list was finalized so close to DLC proposal and planning that it would interfere with it?

The fuck? Tell her I said that they put the ability to dodge in the game, so it's completely fair to use it. There is no wrong way to play Smash, just successful and unsuccessful ways.

Thats the perfect way to word it, thanks!

It's not exactly desperate when there's precedent for that kind of thing happening in fighting games. We just don't know if that will happen with this one and so far, Nintendo has never made a second expansion pass for any of its Switch games.

Based OP shitting on Genofags and indie shiitters. Bump for truth.

Oh, this doesn't deconfirm Frisk or Quote or Reimu. It just deconfirms Shantae.

Who are any of those

Smash bros get in here QUICK

discord.gg/2JRDgUc

discord.gg/2JRDgUc

discord.gg/2JRDgUc

Attached: banjo.jpg (900x900, 78K)

gtfo banjofag

Sakurai is going to surprise fans with a 6th bonus DLC character in the form of Rex/Pyra. He'll be adding additional music from X, 2, and Torna.

Sakurai is going to surprise fans by removing Shulk, and all thing Xenoblade. With this, he will vanish, and never be heard from again. He will be legendary.

It would be nice to have some X music. I don't know why it was skipped in the first place, unless Sawano is another one of those legendary dickweed composers like Sugiyama.

>You REALLY think the spirits list was finalized so close to DLC proposal and planning that it would interfere with it?
Yes? If they had any inkling they were going to get Shantae, why on earth would they make her a spirit?

>two Rareware spirit categories existed in 1.0.0 but were removed in the day one patch
>banjo gets in later as dlc

>two Monster Hunter spirit categories existed in 1.0.0 but were removed in the day one patch
>hmm

Attached: 20190726_224328.jpg (720x1247, 353K)

>tit
nice

>B-BUT GENO

Attached: thumb_download-135kib-700x710-wojak-crying-sony-png-image-with-53344791.png (300x345, 24K)

Anything else that was removed?

internally, a seperate folder for Monster Hunter music tracks before they were moved to Other

Attached: ab41b6ff0c5a0a08d41b02e1c6f03e88c7f7af44r1-1920-1080v2_hq.jpg (1024x576, 83K)

Yeah, I figured the Monster Hunter music probably canceled any possibility of a fighter. I'm probably the only one that would welcome a fighter, but those games are damn good.

Cool, another generic character.

What do you mean sorry? This would be amazing. It's just that it's not happening.

They could literally make another section with a down arrow that scrolls to the next list.

zoom

The thing is the stage amount is also limited, there's no room for any more stages once you add the five DLC stages.

Can't wait for the Minecraft spirit battles.

Smash bros get in here QUICK

discord.gg/2JRDgUc

discord.gg/2JRDgUc

discord.gg/2JRDgUc

Attached: banjo.jpg (900x900, 78K)

Attached: reimu life sized.jpg (634x476, 140K)

They didnt you daft idiot. Why is that so hard to understand?

Why is it so hard to understand that she's not in?

The time limit is stuck at 5 minutes for the frieza fight.

They could fix that too, just like they can keep characters to the CSS they can add more stages to the SSS.