Ky Kiske

Ky Kiske

Attached: 1565016942888.jpg (803x516, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/1159654937699086336
twitter.com/MumbleCakes/status/1159661081930821632
files.catbox.moe/62i391.ogg
twitter.com/hiyopi/status/1157632257936388096
youtube.com/watch?v=UxPWYpcVI1c
youtube.com/watch?v=vAJUvy4ibeA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It looks nothing like him.

Coconut!

Gear cells doing their work now more then ever. I wonder if he would even come up as human on scans anymore. Watch him go gear form and Sin slams his limiter on him to save him and we get a look at these 'horrific visions' that Sin has and it turns out to be future sight.

you could said that about him in basically every game.

based french chad

How many little sisters and brothers did him and Dizzy give to Sin for the new game?

Probably none. Ky wouldn't be trying now just because children right now would be risky. They still haven't fixed the issue at hand, the Universal Will could come back at any moment, possessing any other being. Dizzy shouldn't have to fight, but pregnancy would just be a burden and if she was required to fight for some reason, she would be putting her child at risk. Unless she was able to put them in an egg anytime she wanted and the thought of a clutch of baby sized eggs makes me laugh.

Fuck Guilty Gear! It was meant to be OUR time Jobros.

I don't think they will get another child in the near future. Just with Sin they got enough problems already.

Looks more like an older Ky would than Xrd Ky did

>Sol, you need to watch all the eggs

Oh god, neither Ky nor Dizzy would EVER trust Sol with their children after what happened with fucking SUGAR WATER.

I can only imagine them coming home to a giant omelette and Sol saying "I thought you said EAT the eggs." No, Johnny and May will get egg watching duties. With the eggs rolling around the entire Mayship and played with by the various crew members and one of them falling off the side and a whole adventure on trying to find it before Ky and Dizzy come to retrieve them

Ky, did you lay this egg??

>Dizzy got frisky one night and used her tail to peg him
>They never spoke of it again

Fucking Gears man. This is the price you pay for 'human evolution' thanks Asuka

Does Dizzy give birth or lay eggs?

She layed an egg. Apparently though, this is a defense mechanism that Gears can do and she could have given live birth. Blame Valentine for trying to subliment her existence.

why is ky a gear again? I've heard people say he got sin's eye or some shit but I don't understand how or why. did he just rip sin's eye off and put it in himself then give sin an eyepatch for no reason?

At 3 months of age, Sin started having horrific visions. Ky figured out how to make a limiter based off of Sol's, plucked out his eye and his sons and exchanged them, while fitting the eyepatch limiter over Sin's gear eye. The visions stopped and Ky now had gear cells in his body, which slowly changed him into a gear over the years.

oh shit that actually makes sense

With the Valentine sisters under their roof Ky has enough children to look after.

Ki-kiseki?

Does having fake fingernails on your gloves make picking things up easier?

Kys

What did Daisuke mean by this?
twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/1159654937699086336

Its going to be Overtune all over again.

He meant "I learned nothing from Overture and I will make the same mistake again".

STILL MY HEART IS BLAZING

But the trailer shows that it's definitely a fighting game.

Worried laughter.jpg

Huh.

So it's going to be wildly different to XX and Xrd?

Yeah, but the fact that is "High Risk move for their part" means that they're going to changes things a lot to make new people enter the series. We still don't know what are they going to change, add or remove, but it's not going to be the same as Xrd.

Attached: 1469041063657.jpg (1280x800, 1.26M)

Its going to be casual and dumbed down garbage just like all their recent games.

Stops sucking Reloads dick and becomes it's own thing
Finally

This isn't even going to resemble X idiot, that's the point.

Is Dizzy a difficult character execution wise? I wanted to get back into Xrd without playing Sol or Ky like everyone else but it wouldn't make sense to pick someone that will take a while to get the hang of with only a year left until the next one.

Those words seem ominous.

Attached: Deebly Goncerned.jpg (246x205, 10K)

nature finds a way

Attached: dizzy tail.jpg (723x750, 338K)

Eh, I wanted to see the formula of the XX series and Xrd perfected for this title.
I have my doubts about this, even if it's good there's a high chance it's not going to be GG and might as well be a new game series which isn't inherently bad but still not what I was expecting.

>Oh my god guys, you know how much more people seemed interested when we made things easier? We can do it, like what Capcom wanted to do with SFV, but actually good.

Hold onto your butts guys, missing mechanics, casual idocy out the ass, but at least it will have the majority of the characters that people wanted. Oh and macros for dashing, people liked that in Cross tag, right?

>To create a game that both new and existing players alike would want to get their hands on
I think the title will actually remain to be just "Guilty Gear" without any "X" or subtitle.

I can see the game being designed for consoles first instead of arcade. So more single player and cooperative content, and characters designed to work outside of just versus. Previous Arcsys games have always had some rpg-like singleplayer modes, like MoM, but they were tacked on and mediocre. The new Granblue game looks like it has a full rpg beat-em-up, maybe GG will get something similar.

I don't play Babytag, what do you mean by macros for dashing?

>Daisuke going Galaxy Brain
This is going to be good

Attached: 1565026924425.jpg (480x499, 22K)

Jesus, please don't fuck this up. Why do fighting game devs do this kinda shit?

Attached: 1289787268922.jpg (195x195, 26K)

Yes but you can also keep it basic and just focus on movement and oki and ignore the complicated combos.

Attached: 1550612932432.jpg (900x660, 657K)

Because they don't want to do the same thing over and over again.

Ah yes the classic ''we want to appeal to new players but also old players'' never heard this one before.

What it pretty much mean is ''we are indeed dumbing down the game''

One button for running and air dashes.

>Oh and macros for dashing, people liked that in Cross tag, right?
Does it matter when everyone is using hitboxes, or literally adding macro circuits to their controllers these days?

I'd say is actually going to be Guilty Gear 3 specially if we're getting major changes this time.

I'm new to fighting games but the way DBFZ and BBTAG feel to me is just wrong. I hope this doesn't go that route... I bought ACR and Xrd on the sale and I'm currently having a blast with ACR (haven't touched Xrd), really really hope this turns out well.

to be honest the fight in overture with valentine looks absolute kino, i wish that shit was ported to the ps3/4

>BBXTAG is casual baby shit
>DBFZ is casual baby shit
>GBF is super mega casual baby shit
I mean what the fuck do you people expect?

But dumbing down has never been a proven tactic in fighting games. Whenever they start veering off from their core too much usually things get dicey.

Attached: 1291934132542.jpg (319x443, 25K)

Where in that statement did he say that he's dumbing it down?

Oh boy.

Attached: Anasui confused.jpg (249x188, 17K)

>he doesn't know about the ''we want new players''
Oh how ignorant

I expect not to hate Daisuke at least

You aren't serious right?

Attached: 1304433858796.jpg (223x213, 17K)

You already have a shitload of IPs like BBTAG, DBFZ and Granblue to try that shit, why the fuck are you going to try and change the most traditional one?
Maybe the game will end up being good but I can see a lot of redflags with this.

Arc ''baby'' system

I'm always under the impression that Xrd was both GG3 and GGXXX.

Damn, Yea Forums really is the most overreacting board in the entire internet.

Tekken 7 is dumbed down compared to previous titles.
Soul Calibur 6 is dumbed down and it's first time the game is actually fun

I found Yea Forums

twitter.com/MumbleCakes/status/1159661081930821632

Guilty Gear is the only piece of media I'm genuinely attached to, I just don't want it to be taken from me.

Tekken 7 is very similar to 6. Same with SC6 to 5. They have new mechanics but most of the core ideas and how things behave is mostly the same as in the previous title. When Xrd got released/announced, Ishiwatari didn't make a statement like this so this is going to be a way bigger departure than that.

Every studio wants new players. That's normal. Look I know what you guys want to say.

Want new players = dumb down. Right?

I get it. I really do. But they themselves are asking for a chance. They themselves are saying it is a very high-risk move for them. I wanna see it first. Unlike you guys who are always doom and gloom on just a few sentences.

You guys did the same thing regarding BBTAG. Everyone was saying how it going to be a very easy game. Then stuff happened. Yeah it's easy, but still hard at the same time. Give them a chance on what they want to do. Check it out first instead of spreading doom. At least you only have to wait until November for your initial impressions for it and not in 2020. And for sure anyway you guys will go overboard by that time anyway with your reactions.

For now. I want to see it first before judging.

>Soul Calibur 6 is dumbed down and it's first time the game is actually fun
Compared to what, SCIV?

Very few people are actually saying this will fail, but it's more than understandable why most people would be concerned over this since most attempts at it have failed so far.

Man fuck Dragon Ball

This game is either going to be the 3S of anime fighter, or it will bomb horribly
heaven or hell
let's rock

Attached: 1533063850949.png (540x718, 286K)

Yeah its a high-risk move because he know he gonna betray the old players but won't care because casuals bring more money.

BBTAG is fucking garbage.

Well I never played the previous tekken games so I can't say whether it's veered too far off from it's core. But yea SCVI is a good example of simplifying some aspects but keeping the core intact.

literally no one cares about the legit GAYEST series ever made other than unironic weebs from Yea Forums, jojo is shit, isn't funny, and looks like dog vomit now kindly fuck off with your fag meme show.

>But they themselves are asking for a chance.
No, stop this. They don't deserve sympathy. Either put up or shut up. If they think that they need to put out a statement, it means they aren't confident in their product and that's a big red flag.

>Oh guys, just so you know, this game is going to be DIFFERENT

Ok, then show us and stop trying to spin a narrative. Just put it out there with evidence, instead of making a statement for tools to latch onto and form a defense force months before the demo.

I want to be less easy inputs and shitty neutral like SFV and more like having more characters that are like Jack-O and Answer who have simplistic controls but a wider variety of mechanics and unusual properties.

Although I wouldn't want it other games or in all games, the removal of walk in BBTag was actually done pretty well in the context of that game.

Calling it now this game will have zero input. Its gonna be the smash of fighting games.

For every single fighting game that has dumbed down their game mechanics to attract new players
And I mean EVERY. SINGLE. FIGHTING GAME. that has done it, none of them have ever become successful

A shallow puddle dries up immediately, but a deep ocean can be swam in forever

>Want new players = dumb down. Right?
Yeah usually, and it usually results in a terrible to mediocre title. I honestly cannot think of a single title where a developer has said those words and a good game has happened as a result.

Attached: 1260543994629.jpg (223x249, 8K)

Despite what you're thinking BBTAG was a massive blowup for them. Game bombed and continues to bomb hard

But they made their money with the casuals for trash like BBTAG and DBFZ. It doesn't matter if everyone laugh at these games now .

Is this because of DBFZ?
Fucking hell.

Despair but also an erection.

Despair but also despair

>game bombed
I doubt that. All the RWBY tards bought the game day one just because it had Ruby.

KYS Kiske

>inb4 they make it ultra simplistic
>still ship it with garbage netcode that only works in Japan but shits the bed in every other country

Xrd

ASW has been trying to get new players by easing up their games since 200 fucking 8, guys. BB was created with being casual friendly GG in mind, with the though process behind the Drive button being "lets players do cool stuff with the press of a button". And then they came up with stylish control scheme. And then Xrd is more casual friendly than AC+R.

And now we're getting this (IF they are indeed making the game even more casual friendly, don't jump to conclusions). It's a long time coming, how could you guys have not seen this from miles away?

not him but I saw the statement more as a "don't be surprised if it isn't what you expect guys, stop creating expectations of an Xrd 2" than anything else.
that being said I legit scared they're doing some dumb shit and/or ruining the series.

What a cursed image

Would Sol eat his grandsons?
Probably he would.

Its ok we still have UNIST.

>just eat it up bro!
>consume product!
Shut the fuck up nigger

i had to do it
files.catbox.moe/62i391.ogg

>people who never even touched BBTAG saying it's casualized shit

The fucking game is overly complex shit and simple controls are the only thing that makes it somehow bearable.

For now.

>BB was created with being casual friendly GG in mind
BB became harder and harder with time though, BBCF is harder to play in terms of execution than Xrd and the first BB titles.
>And then they came up with stylish control scheme.
Stylish doesn't affect the actual game for advanced players, this does.

>they delete a couple autism mechanics that daisuke himself thought made things stupidly complicated and bloated
>oh no game ruined!
As long as it's not another Overture or Isuka we should be good.

So the lyrics were hinting at this all along? Deep.

Why DP input make casuals seethe so much?

>though
thought*

CLR is pretty much the same game.

>we should be good.
Not really. I don't mind them simplifying some aspects of the game like having to mash to tech, character specific weight/face up and face down wake up timing and the like. This however, appears to be a wild departure from the type of gameplay invented in the X series more than just streamlining it so that it's not cluttered with bs that only leads to frustration.

Already jumping to this fucking conclusion?

Attached: 1549426002109.jpg (500x400, 51K)

>people who have only played BBTAG saying it's complex
LMAO

>It's not total garbage so it's good!
Fuck off.

We officially red alert when we get our first gameplay test at ArcRevo right? This statement combined with everything we've seen so far makes my balls recede into my body with fear

Getting ready to be drip fed the same cast I've been playing with for years AGAIN in DBFZ 2: GG edition

Attached: 1564972863978.png (715x755, 565K)

>no dp input in DBFZ, BBTAG, GBF
>bro why you jumping to this conslusion!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

I don't think Daisuke is dumb enough to dumb down Guilty Gear to a retarded level so much as probably improve the tutorial stuff even more and overhaul Stylish Mode for beginners while working balance and matchmaking (in a modern ArcSys game, hah) to not shit over newcomers liberally. I don't think they would turn their premiere franchise into fucking autocombo hell.

For the rest of the genre, though, welcome to what happened to First Person Shooters. Mainstream appeal and money to be made? Defile and break down everything so anyone can get in so more profit can be made.

RIP Guilty Gear soul.

>drooling #Retard

Xrd was "dumbed down" and still well liked for the most.

DBFZ was made for a casual audience and as much as Yea Forums and shitposters like to say that game is dead because of it, its still a huge FGC title

BBTag was made simpler by fewer buttons but that's one of the most difficult games to play at the top level

Goddamn, Yea Forums's doom and gloom fear mongering is on entirely different level.

Congratz for outing yourself retard. DPs are under normal motion in GBFV

Ever since The Old Republic and 2016, it's basically been "do people like this? IT'LL FAIL, IT WILL DESTROY ITSELF, FUCK EVERYTHING" shitposting in any thread for anything new ever.

BBTAG and DBFZ were completely original titles
I was referring to series that had a new installment that dumbed down things to try and appeal to new players

>durr hurr i got btfo'd so I'll make assumptions about this user

it's literally a bunch of retards thinking they're hard because they know a bunch of superfluous shitty subsystem mechanics bloating an otherwise decent game and are mad because said shit mechanics are done away with now.

You're all a bunch of casuals babies unironically praising DBFZ and BBTAG.

>no argument = btfo
kay
>HUR DUR GG DUH HORDEST 2D HARDCORE GAME EVER MADE I'M SO COOL IT HURTS
every oldschool GGfaggot ever.

is nigga samurai really supposed to be sin and ram's kid? what happens to elphelt?

Yeah man, SF V is totally the best SF title yet! Thank God they removed so many mechanics and ideas that were just bloating the game for no good reason!

>And I mean EVERY. SINGLE. FIGHTING GAME. that has done it, none of them have ever become successful

DBFZ would like to know your location

Fuck off I want JoJo too but this Guilty Gear looks godly.
I hope they don't go with the anime designs if they do make a JoJo game. As in, blue ladybugs Giorno, simplified Bucciarati suit and so on. They need to be manga oriented like ASB was.

Oh hey this sound like the dream game for all the pathetic Baiken tards that doesn't play the games because they are just pathetic waifufags subhumans.

We know literally nothing about niggarai.

>projecting
also 1F links were stupid and hated by everyone, SF4 was as bad as SFV but for different reasons.

>He still thinks my point is about GG being hardcore and not how you're a fucking retard for thinking this gets a free pass just for not being Overture/Isuka levels of bad
Cute autist.

>also 1F links were stupid and hated by everyone
Source: My ass.

>knuckledragging ungabunga solfag still mad he can't faceroll baiken players with no thought

I will buy it, I will play it, and like always with this series, I will enjoy it. I love titties, rock music, and punching anime sluts in the face, and this series has always delivered that to me. I hope your mains make it in, see you faggots in 2020

Attached: 1565034906038.png (440x434, 17K)

SF4 was bad because it was already casualizing the previous formula. SF5 is even worse because it took it into the next level of casualized garbage.

>baiken player
>playing the game
lol

This thread reminds me why GG players are insufferable autists.

>Probably none. Ky wouldn't be trying now just because children right now would be risky.
>implying that stopped him from fucking a 3 year old during his time as an elite gear hunting soldier

>MUH EPIC JOJO MEMES! DIO! MUDA MUDA!
Eat shit.
Based and Team Redpilled.

So you also liked Overture right?

That is bullshit indeed.

DBFZ is not part of an existing fighting game series you fucking idiot

>WHY ARE GG PLAYERS MAD THE GAME IS GETTING DUMBED DOWN? LIKE JUST ACCEPT IT BROS LMAO

The first I heard how it's going to be total casualized shit was from my local halfbrain Sol player after we were watching EVO stream. Ever since then I can't even treat those posts seriously

Same, I'll always enjoy the series.

Attached: thebed.jpg (1280x720, 265K)

Why assume the game is going to be dumbed down to intolerable levels? You're taking a note from the director as gospel that everything is ruined, the babies got defiled, the graves have been danced upon and everything is on fire.

>no more input
>no more lewd fanservice
>remove command normal
>remove every mechanic
>2 button fighter
>one attack button
>the other is dust
That will be 60$ no tips

Superdash in guilty gear here we come

Because literally their 3 latest fighting games are dumbed down?

Normally I would be worried but I'm shit at fighting games anyway so it probably won't make a difference to me

have you seen what happened to blazblue?

A super crossover title and two licensed games?

>Why assume the game is going to be dumbed down to intolerable levels?
DBFZ, BBTAG, Granblue.
The chances of it getting casualized are pretty high. Maybe it won't happen but still everything so far indicates that this is the most likely outcome.

I actually kinda want this.

You forgot the season pass bro.

I beg of you Daisuke

Attached: Zappaready (1).gif (210x188, 70K)

Your point? They made more money with DBFZ than all of GG history.

>no more lewd fanservice
but it was confirmed, just look at how hot ky looks.

Doesn't really matter in the fighting game landscape right now. Fighting game players stick with developers and the developers know this for the most part, which is why you have players known as "arc gamers" and "capcom gamers"

featuring some guest from a shitty western IP to make sure the braindead normalfags buy the game.

Do the fucking full killer joker FRC combo, record it and post here as webm. Now

What did Daisuke mean by this?

Attached: EBfqhBDVAAEACj5.jpg (867x872, 158K)

Every single game that's become casual friendly have been successful and you can't prove me wrong because its objective fact

Get fucked boomers

Attached: 1557138019410.jpg (419x610, 183K)

>DBFZ
Licensed fighter based on the most popular anime series that attracts casuals.
>BBTAG
Crossover fighter which includes RWBY, Persona, and Senran Kagura that attract casuals.
>GBFV
Licensed fighter based on one of the most popular browser/mobile games in Japan which attracts casuals.

Ok so what does GG need to do to attract those new players? Come on you can figure that one out yourself.

It's simple: a licensed series tends to bring fans that aren't familiar with a genre or developer's work to that more likely than just another Blazblue or Guilty Gear game on its own. Like Korra and Transformers fans to Platinum's games. Therefore having less complex mechanics makes sense. Meanwhile Blazblue Cross Tag had to accommodate for three different series as well as totally new characters, and took the more accessible (though still technically complex) route of keeping things simple so everyone could enjoy it, especially considering how many RWBY fans may have not played any of the three series before that.

It's common sense. Why scare off potential customers by making a Dragon Ball game as intrinsically complex as, say, classic Street Fighter or King of Fighters? No Dragon Ball game is that complex except for Super Dragon Ball, and that only did decently in Japan as it was quickly rendered underwhelming in the west outside of the far corners of the FGC.

I wonder if they will keep summons timer-based if Zappa returns.

And why are they attracting the casuals I wonder?

Tell me how SFV sold 4 millions in the first month as they expected.
Oh wait. They didn't, It took 2 years to get 2 Millions sales.

Brand recognition.

>Why scare off potential customers by making a Dragon Ball game as intrinsically complex as, say, classic Street Fighter or King of Fighters?
People will buy the game as long as it has the dragon ball name on it. Casuals still dropped the game pretty quickly shortly after.

And money. Now release something that doesn't cater to them and you will make less profits than before.

daisuke probably doesn't give a shit if he has to dumb down the gameplay to make gg more popular
its his baby and he wants to see it do well

Overture 2 here we go.

Its logical to think that conclusion of this is a dumbed down baby game. The reason why GG and mainline BB aren't as popular as other fighters is because they are too hard for the average joe.

I'll play it.

Still the biggest fighting game on that market in 2019

Attached: 1557626615613.jpg (499x499, 19K)

Because Dragon Ball is Dragon Ball. The visuals attracted people to the game the most

BBTAG isn't attracting casuals at all. Game is even worse ghosttown than other ASW titles

Granblue is THE gacha game in Japan along with F/GO. It's a huge brand there

T7 says hi.

Two different audiences can exist. Hardcore ones with GG and casual ones with DBFZ/GBFV/Persona Arena/etc

bbtag sold better than any other blazblue game

Or maybe they're niche as fuck titles that caters to a small demographic and didnt manag to imprint thenselves into the public consciousness during their inception years? Tekken is autistic as fuck even at mid level but that franchise is popular as hell

So what I get from that is "Autocombos will be in"

I can deal with that I guess, I trust based Beltman to deliver a good game

why have two audiences when the casual one is so much larger than the hardcore one?
on top of the fact that the hardcore ones will buy it regardless

Tekken is easy as fuck for casuals to get into. You can mash and do some crazy shit everyone have that one npc friend that pick Eddy and just mash shit. Try to do that in GG or BB you won't get anywhere.

Just making sure the game is anime and metal as fuck

Years ago I got into Guilty Gear because the fighting looked cool as shit with awesome characters, not because of shit like, "it's easy to get into" or "its complex" . You wouldn't know that shit anyway as a typical new player looking from the outside. You know NOTHING except the game's looks

Or they could chose the route that will make them the most money and make everything casual.

That used to be the case but now GG is changing with a huge statement about how it's going to be very different to the previous titles. Assuming it's gonna get casualized isn't some far fetched conspiracy theory.

Not him but ArcSys are way more well known now that they have done DBFZ than they were before. The GG fans are still around, they are getting more money regardless of pandering.

The implication is youre fighting with someone on your level. You'd get shat on in any game of the disparity in skill level is high. Leo, Ky, Sol and Sin are a thing. Even if you mash with those characters, you're still gonna do something cool and high damaging.

By trying to change up things and make a few things simpler he's unknowingly going to make the hardest Guilty Gear title to date.

>He doesnt trust based Daisuke

Attached: Screenshot_20190323_070902.jpg (2340x1080, 637K)

I never played GG in my life before. So GG is like the Dark Souls of fighting games?

Probably because they want their own non licensed fighter to be as successful as DBFZ is and/or rack in as much cash for Arcsys as a game like GBVS will for Cygames.

more like Dark Sol am I right?

UNIST is not as hard as GG and BB except maybe for characters like Seth,Yuzu and Vatista. I would be fine if he make it on the same level as UNIST but please no fucking BB ''2 buttons'' tag and DB ''auto combos are vital featuring 35 goku'' FZ

I trust him all the way. What I don't trust is the company making him do the damage control for something they wanted.

Attached: 1493697627489.png (480x480, 190K)

Its a passion project of one talented Japanese man from South Africa.

Probably none, but I hope he at least made a daughter because that would be fucking cute. Imagine Sin's behavior with a little sister.

I hope there will be more Ky/Dizzy momments and Dizzy could receive a new different design as well.

Attached: 53106550_p0.jpg (1133x1700, 131K)

They already made the best possible X sequel with Xrd. I think they earned enough good boy points to experiment a bit.

The essence of GG has never been "difficult combos" anyway, it was freedom, risk/reward balance, and character diversity. You can still have those in a new system.

Attached: tea.gif (398x400, 1.93M)

How old is this image?

2016 I believe

Short hair is for fags

Attached: illust_15246953_20190806_170834.jpg (1244x700, 549K)

Nah man, Sol is way harder than Vatista. I mean have you even seen those dust loop combos?

So before all the baby fighting games they made.

>Still no Bridget

>All these people freaking out about simplification when they can't even finish their main's combo trials

All of you suck at GG and would probably benefit from things becoming easier. I doubt even 5% of this board can actually play fighting games, much less GGXrd.

Blazblue and Persona 4 Arena were already a thing

Maybe story mode will be a full RPG beat'em'up game? That would be actually cool.

You mean P4A? Aka "2 button DP and aurocombos: the game, but I still cant play it competently"?

>blazblue
>easy
Show me your Naoto bro.

So instead I should be happy with every input but qcf removed and auto combos being vital.

Got it.

>Naoto
An exception to the rule doesnt make the statement anymore true. Sin is a braindead character in Xrd does that make Xrd easy?

Yes

He's going to come back but they're going to drop the trap gimmick, mark my words

I feel like optimism, or any positive emotional investment in anything, would actually kill people on Yea Forums.

I'll buy the game to support the devs, listen to the music, run through the story mode, run through trial modes with all the characters, run through the supers that have unique animations based on what character it's getting used on, and then shelve the game like I always do with every fighting game that wasn't MvC3, BBCT and CS, or SFIV. I'm realistic about my engagement with the series and I don't really have any emotional investment either way.

But it's sad to me that almost no one on Yea Forums is hopeful for the game even though it had a cool trailer.

Where's your Carl, Izanami, Arakune, etc

>main is guaranteed to get in and so straight forward she's impossible to ruin

Feels good

Attached: may birthday.png (800x1120, 480K)

Its sad that blind npc retard like you just buy any product blindly without ever doubting its quality.

Nice

Attached: DJIt1TRVwAAIUfW.jpg orig.jpg (680x680, 79K)

>I feel like optimism, or any positive emotional investment in anything, would actually kill people on Yea Forums.
DMC5 threads were full on positivity from E3 reveal till well after launch.

The only character I've ever thought were braindead AND good in BB is Azrael and release Kokonoe.

But I haven't played since CP.

>unironic

I can and that's why I'm not complaining. Doing stupidly hard combos just to have decent oki is tedious and unfun

the only reason I'm scared is because I'm way too invested in the series already.
don't talk shit about stuff you don't know, you clearly a turbo casual. the trailer showed nothing of how the final product will actually play like, it's completely fair to be mad when we get statements like these when all we want is a proper guilty gear game like the ones we fell in love with in the first place.

you know, besides barry going out of his way to try to ruin everything while faseflagging as a KH3 poster shitting on the fanbase

>Arakune
>Hard
Also Raven, May, Leo, Raven, Jack-O, Ky

I think people have a right to be worried. Alot of recent arcsys games have been pretty easy/dumbed down, and GG is known/popular for its difficulty. This new statement pretty much pseudo-confirms alot of fears for people, being too casual friendly, getting dumbed down, and it might not even play like a guilty gear game like xrd or accent core.

And also it is Daisuke, people like to forget that Daisuke only likes working on Guilty Gear, at most he'll do music for Blazblue and that's it. Everything that Daisuke does, from gameplay, story, music, artwise and so on he only does Guilty Gear. So all the other games in terms of their casualization wasn't him to begin with. And besides on a side note, everyone of those games except Versus since Cygames wanted it to be more braindead than SFV. Each had cheap high level shit despite the casual mechanics of them. Which the majority of Yea Forums can't do to begin with. Remember Xrd was "casualized" to begin with. I'm not defending all those mechanics and changes associated it with it since I think they're unnecessary usually, but if they're incorporated in a way where it's not a clear detriment than I can't really complain about it too much.

Again it really comes back to what I've been saying for months, it's still vague statements at the end of the day and we won't be able to judge properly until we see raw gameplay footage and understanding of the mechanics. But unfortunately that goes against doomposting so yeah, new GG is only 10 characters, sliced roster, half the mechanics removed and auto combos everywhere. Fuck Daisuke.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''COMPETITIVE FIGHTING GAMES''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

At this rate smash will become the hardest fighting game on the scene to play lmao

Attached: may 10.jpg (885x741, 150K)

I like all the extra stuff in Soul Claibur and all but is it wrong for a fighting game to be a fighting game? They're shit you play at the arcades they don't have to be full of bloat.

There are a lot of easy as fuck characters in BB. You have Kokonoe and Azrael like you mentioned, before that you have BBCS Makoto and of course BBCS Bang and Ragna. In CT you have Jin and Nu-13. Theyre straightforward and trash the entire meta during their time leading to them getting crippled down the line or having their mechanics overhauled

>buy any product blindly without ever doubting its quality

What a stupid statement given that I actually detailed the things I do like and appreciate in Guilty Gear. I don't have to be good at the game to appreciate the incredibly impressive graphics and artistic direction, the awesome music, and the effort put in to make the game ooze with character (differing animations for color character expressions during specific supers).

Those things are all very good things and leaps and bounds above other games in the genre. I'm not good enough at the game to be a good judge of whether its mechanics are conducive to fun and diverse gameplay at low, medium, and high levels.

And I really bet you aren't either given that 90% of Yea Forums sucks fucking dick at fighting games. I suck dick at fighting games and I used to run over people in Yea Forums lobbies for Calamity Trigger aside from one leaf who played Taokaka.

But just because I can't appreciate the game on one level doesn't mean I can't appreciate it on a bunch of other levels. The fact that you think "blind npcs" would buy a fucking Guilty Gear game is hilarious.

I'm just glad you fucks are getting to know what it felt like when GGX was new and "make a character that plays one way, keyed to one gimmick" became the predominant design philosophy.
You deserve every bit of the fear you feel, because it's karma coming back around.

Why would he feel the need to casualize the game when GBF is right around the corner? Let the hardcore play GG and let the gacha tards casual play GBF like that everyone is happy.

Cute, but record your oki setups.

post more bedman

Attached: bedboi.jpg (1280x1042, 530K)

Why does Bedman have an arrow on his forehead?

The main juice of fighting games is the gameplay no matter what you say.

Because no one bought Xrd
The GGX system is proven to not sell so if they just keep remaking it forever it's a waste of a good IP

You're right about Nu in CT for sure, I forgot about her, but I wouldn't count Jin because if you weren't Nu, Arakune, or Rachel in CT, you might as well be bottom tier. Arakune and Rachel were not easy characters to play, but Nu definitely was braindead zoning.

And I did forget about CS2 Makoto as well (she wasn't good in CS) and CS Bang, but CS Ragna skewed towards the middle of the tier list.

A lot of the dominant characters aren't that easy to play, I feel like. Again, could be different now.

Alright so what happened to Killer Instinct and Skullgirls then?

The only to make normalfags buy fighting games is to bait them by including guest characters or being from a popular series (Dragonball, RWBY)

user. Nobody is gonna buy GBF now.

that's such a cute idea, i'm now sad since they won't do it. Dizzy having a daughter she leaves with May to raise would be too perfect.

Can someone explain to me the salt involving auto combos?

It's predictable 3 hit strings. If you can't deal with it, then you just suck at fighting games and no rights to criticize anything mechanically.

Arakune is actually a lot easier now due to the way curse works and how OD automatically makes the opponent cursed. Mai, Hibiki and Nine also come to mind, especially Mai.

You say that but the addicts in Japan are already preordering like crazy thanks to the bonus drops for the mobage.

Yeah ok nobody gonna buy the game based on one of the biggest gacha mobile trash game ever. Nobody know what GG is but everyboby know what GBF is

I miss her restive rolling.

Where is that horrible little doggie?

yes they will

Cygames is fucking infamous for artificially boosting BD sales by packaging microtransactions with them. They'll just do the same thing with GBF Versus and it'll be the highest selling ArcSys game.

It's weird to me to see someone say Koko is easy, but i started with CPEX so i never actually played her at her peak.

The problem is when you are forced to use them. UNIST or BB auto combo are worthless but DBFZ auto combo are forced on you.

>and "make a character that plays one way, keyed to one gimmick" became the predominant design philosophy.
The original GG wasn't much better in that department. Hell, the original GG was awful as far as balance/gameplay goes.

And I would gladly give money to the devs so that they can make a new game in the future, if this one turns out to be dud, that is better. People think you vote with your wallet, but that doesn't work with these niche titles. They already have tons of community interaction. GG has apparently been good a lot more than it's been bad according to this thread and to the fanbase in general (as I don't claim to be an expert on the mechanical quality of every entry in the series), so I'm willing to bet on this game being good or that they'll fix issues in the next iteration, which can only be greenlit if interest is gauged through them making money.

Xrd wouldn't have been made if it weren't for them making cash from their other games that people in this thread are calling shitty.

Its less about dealing with them its how it makes combo routes and structure a lot less interesting. One of the main appeal of these games is the ability to freeform your gameplan, and having autocombos gimp that

Ironically the most optimal way to develop a fighting game would be to focus entirely on the graphics and single player content and none of the effort on the actual fighting system. The vast majority of the audience that buys them simply want something to button mash through on their own or with friends and any higher level skill ceiling actively pushes people away. Fighting games are dying a slow and embarrassing death and the worst part is Arcsys seems more than willing to bend over backwards in the meantime.

No people WILL buy it. However people won't play it.

most games that have them have moves that are only accessible from the auto combo, which is bullshit.

>really thinking this
Nips will buy thatvgane out for the gold bar alone

You can get 3.7k meterless from j.A with BBCP1.0 Kokonoe. Her setups are easy and absolutely grimey and she can confirm from halfscreen into 5k damage into oki.

autocombos are still used at tournament levels, at least in dbfz, because they are too good. the problem is that this is a mechanic that adds no real depth but you're still forced to use them.

Your average Yea Forums jizzbrain will buy the game just because ''OMG ITS THAT GIRL FROM THE DOUJINSHI I FAP UUUUUUGH I MUST BUY THE GAME''

That's only true based on damage and scaling of the auto combo components. The only thing you're inherently losing out on with auto combo is being able to string jab into itself multiple times. It doesn't become an actual problem until autocombo combo paths are the most efficient combo path in terms of damage or scaling so that it becomes a large detriment to not fall back on them.

But they aren't.
Just press back while mashing and you just hit without going into it.
So it's basically a third hit of a rekka. What, you hate every rekka moves and install moves in existence?

Did you play DBFZ? Auto combo there was stupid.
It counter deflect, cross up, literall wall of moving hit box, fairly safe, and for some characters, even anti air or good mix up

Alright they will buy it. Even if only for whatever gacha item is coming along. I'll admit I'm just wrong and honestly didn't consider whales will buy a full price game just for some gacha items

Its gonna be a musou game.

Look at all the cool shit in GBVS

twitter.com/hiyopi/status/1157632257936388096

If the system changes in GG are to allow for flexible singleplayer stuff like this then godspeed Daisuke, because that's how you sell a fighting game

Cmon Yea Forums, make a ky combo video with this song: youtube.com/watch?v=UxPWYpcVI1c

Attached: 1561421382449.png (600x600, 682K)

Look like trash.

You know, if there was a silly joke character that was actually a collection of like 40 guys that all looked and dressed alike, with slight differences, and they flew offscreen and were instantly replaced with another member of the group after each hit landed on the "character", it would be in a GG game.

any move in an auto combo would be infinitely better as a command normal than as auto combo filler, devil's advocate-kun

They got this dumb single player mode at the expense of the rest of the game retard. Why the fuck do you think the roster is 11 CHARACTERS AND HAVE ALMOST NOTHING TO THEIR MOVESETS. As well as somehow making the characters being extremely tame and generic in terms of that moveset as well in a series that should be riffed for character moveset potential. Fuck Versus and fuck that single player mode.

but you can say that about any move doing what it's supposed to. Slides are good because you get reach, DPs are good because it's invincible.
>It counter deflect,
No, it works, you just have to deflect again if the moves reach you still.
>cross up, literall wall of moving hit box, fairly safe, and for some characters, even anti air or good mix up
Why are you jumping into anti air anti crossup moves? Good mix up? It's literally 3 same hits each time.

>autocombos are just like a rekka
except a proper rekka actually demands execution and not just "press X a bunch of times". you're actually a retard advocating for the removal of input execution without even realizing.

>MUH SINGLE PLAYER CONTENTS IN FIGHTING GAMES
I always laugh at you retards.

100% this
To attract new players, you have to nail the presentation; kick-ass opening move, cinematics, intro, victory/defeat animations, how the fighting looks, how the battle plays out, the stages, the UI like character select and other menus
Having lots of cool characters with interesting playstyles is part of that as well
They should want to play and try all the characters, and feel powerful when playing every single one

Think about it like this: the pre order gacha items people in Japan get when they pre order GBVS would cost more than the gacha items themselves if you could straight up buy them

But even aside from that, the game looks fun and will have a pretty decent audience

>except a proper rekka actually demands execution
Ah yes, so challenging
Like Azrael's rekk-
>236C 6C 6C
Oh

Templar Ky > Whatever the fuck they did to him in Overture. Man, the original GG had some damn good endings.

Attached: 850980_screenshots_20190610233338_1.jpg (1366x768, 196K)

that's not really true, the most you'll see is someone using j.AA for height adjustment in a real combo. Auto combos do way too little damage in DBFZ to be used practically.

Just don't bring over that eat mechanic Sin has.

Good, its already better than every other fighting game on the market lmao. Cope more

11 good characters > 30+ boring ass characters that amount to less than 5 good ones (see SFV, Tekken, Smash, Guilty Gear)

Rekkas are just quarter circle motions. They are a on a low tier of executions. The end result is the same. it's 3 hits that's either stopped by not mashing/churning it or ends on a finisher that you had best hope it connected or you are gonna eat it.
It's same shit.

Now do Fei Long's. Retard.

Not really, they actually have 16 characters at launch, Cygames just decided to paywall the rest, which scummy than incompetent

Why don’t you talk about what you like for a bit so someone else can shit down your throat about how it makes you an idiot

>good characters
>all of them have no depth
Every single GG characters are more interesting anything from GBF but you're probably just a jizzbrain gacha tard so im wasting my time.

Oh noes, 3 quarter circle motions. The tragedy!

I'm just glad some devs have realized how pointless Rekkas are and are moving away from 236A236A236A shit into 236A6A6A.

I wonder if people remember that Ram exists when talking about auto-combos

nice bait
even smash characters are more interesting

Slide actually has huge recovery on whiff and also get punished by neutral jump or jump and superdash. So you don’t see that a move being both an good safe and fast scramble button but also auto correct side to beat cross up and also anti air a bad mechanic? Idk what to say.
Yes it is dumb that auto combo can easily fuck deflect and force you to deflect 3 times while most other moves can be stopped with only 1 deflect. It’s not a standalone characteristic of dbfz autocombo that make it stupid but the combination of all of them and low risk and simple execution that make it stupid.

Wait, are you implying that 236P 236P 236P is hard execution?
???

all wrong but not surprising a blatant ESL is a scrub

Yes it seem it is a tragedy if they have to remove it and replace it with AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1559395531057.png (928x1201, 1.59M)

>MUH COMPLEXITY
quit being a gigantic faggot. GBVS looks like a pretty fun fighting game that's only real problem is not having enough characters. It fills a totally different niche than combo heavy games like BB and GG, it's more like SamSho in that it's fundamentals focused instead.

>Zato's ending and the ominous music
shit is still kick ass

A season pass announced prior to release doesn't make it a 16 launch roster especially when that entire season pass isn't going to be out day 1. How stupid for you to think that's what it meant. If it was, it's honestly even WORSE if they did that since that would be the most blatant scummy practice that would make Capcom blush.

WHAT

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???? I bet you think "spamming" fireballs is cheap

Attached: 1426985117784.gif (386x232, 2.78M)

I mean whats the difference? At a competent level, the end result is still the same. Inb4 slippery slope, if youre going to complain about something waot for something that automatically ends in an oki or safejump

Ram's PK combos are a totally different beast than autocombos.

>GBVS
>fundamentals
End your worthless life, jizzbrain. Literally everyone is complaining about how lacking the game is.

>Idk what to say.
You should say "Boy, I should stop trying to cross up against a person spamming an anti cross up move. Maybe I should fucking adapt against the literal preplanned 3 moves that keeps on happening"
>Deflect isn't working
>Have you tried not def-
>NO, I MUST DEFLECT EVEN IF IT NEVER WORKED
that's you.

Why are people being baited into execution discussion again? This shit is as bad as shitposters saying DP motions are hard.

Attached: 1559355681686.png (1040x1416, 1.85M)

Hey they should also remove DP,qcb,qcf input since they are too easy to do and get replaced by something even easier to do! haha lol

Alright faggots, post em:
>Hours Played
>Your Main
>Your Square Color

Baiken
Yellow Square

Attached: gghrs.png (388x113, 83K)

yeah looks like a great vn

GUESS IT'S TIME FOR THE REAL HUMANS TO RISE UP

Attached: RISE.png (600x404, 222K)

So many people are getting exposed in this thread.

Lacking in scummy shit more like. It really is cut and dry fundamentals, which is why its boring. The people who comolain about it lacking are the same unga bunga retards who wish they could be playing the Millia side of Milliablocker.

Yes, fundamentals, like spacing and reads. Quit crying about a game you haven't even played yet kiddo.

Yeah they should just remove all inputs I mean whats the difference right?

what a shitty villain

Sure? 22

>DUDE BELIEVE ME THE GAME GOT NEUTRAL I TOTALLY KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!
Every fucking time with Yea Forums.

Just saying that GG already has a character who has moves locked behind multiple inputs of the same button

>I think 236 is a hard notation
Wow!

# looks like 4 Xs if you turn it diagonally, doesn't it?

nope should also get removed. How about smash style? Just do a direction and press the button and you get the special.

I don't know, but turning Japanese people into nuclear bombs is pottery of the highest caliber

based schizo

you aren't the only person who exists, try exiting your room you will find signs of life

Successful fighting games tend to have robust singleplayer modes
From memory Soul Calibur 2, Smash Bros. Melee, Mortal Kombat in the 3D era, had tons of stuff to do offline if you didn't feel like facing the stress of multiplayer
ASW has always been behind in this aspect so if they figure it out it could be a huge benefit for them and the long-term health of their games
It's weird to not wish success for them but to each his own

Attached: 1538179286132.jpg (504x651, 134K)

how the fuck do I stop people from jumping on wakeup as may

I never say the opponent is spamming. I’m just saying that autocombo is such a good offensive option that beat out many things for such low execution and low risk. Hence, autocombo remains a very strong tool in competitive play.

>I think they should remove all input because they are too easy
>nono its not because i can't do them of course noooooooooooooooooooot
Who are you trying to fool here?

ball yrc

Doesn't matter when every character in Guilty Gear except Anji, Chipp and Ky are boring. And character specific frame and attack/defense properties is complexity for the sake of complexity that hurts the game and makes it absolute shit tier

Uh-oh the jizzbrain tards gacha army has arrived.

It's a shame that most of the ending themes aren't on Youtube, they're all great.

Attached: 850980_screenshots_20190610233419_1.jpg (1366x768, 187K)

yeah lets remove jump cancels while we're at it

are you honestly trying to say the game doesn't have neutral? please answer the question because i'm trying to figure out exactly how retarded you are.

>I will reduce the argument into a slippery slope because I cant back up the fact that a simple rekka chain is the same if timing links isnt an issue
Lmao

Only successful with people that don't play fighting games.

find me a fighting game without spacing or reads
doesn't make it good

explain in more detail
what if I'm trying to mix them up with hoop dolphins already

So you really do thing 236 is a hard notation. Yikes

good maybe the game wont die in 2 fucking months outside of the US

Explain to me how are GBVS characters good what make them better than GG or BB characters.

Ky

Attached: 2334434463634432453.png (795x887, 793K)

This is the absolute state of GG fags. Absolutely obsessed lmao. I hope your franchise goes to shit and never recovers, maybe then you will do the world a favor and release the people in your life from the torment of having to live alongside you

Attached: 1545084356944.gif (200x200, 28K)

I think they should remove high jump too. I can't press down and up after its too hard.

nice thread

Attached: 1249010949041.gif (267x200, 366K)

If you time the ball right, it will meaty them. They wont be able to jump out. The best solution is ball yrc into vertical dolphin. Another would be vertical dolphin yrc j.2H for that dumb crossup mixup
Yes, we all know youre an idiot.

Xrd.

It was considered a significant dumb down game. Or did you guys forget how much you guys lambasted it in the beginning and called it garbage?

The very idea of making an entirely separate mode from the main one to get people to play feels wrong to me. It takes away resources and is just a side-thing from the actual purpose of fighting games. That being said, it is something handy, but not something I'd put high on the priority list.

I mean, it's like buying a basketball and instead of going out and playing by yourself or with other people, you try shooting it on things around the house.

Attached: 1563243512429.jpg (990x1000, 799K)

Are you honestly trying to say that GG and other fighers doesn't have fundamental? please answer the question because i'm trying to figure out exactly how retarded you are.

>games made before online MP in fighting games became standard had stuff to do offline
No shit

Attached: dong-sel.png (140x139, 3K)

>A shallow puddle dries up immediately,
True. Very true.

>but a deep ocean can be swam in forever
Or drown a fuck lot of people and never get anything started, if at all.

What about charging? like that shit too dumb remove it too i say.

And single player content still matters. Learn the lesson of SFV.

also negative edge needs to go

Oh yeah im sure the shitty single player contents will make the game more alive online.

They aren't:

>Sol (AKA shit)
>Milla (AKA shit
>Zato (AKA shit)
>Potemkin (AKA shit)
>Venom (AKA shit)
>May (AKA shit)
>Axl (AKA shit)
>I-No (AKA shit)
>Faust (AKA supreme shit)
>Slayer (AKA shit)
>Bedman (AKA shit)
>Elphelt (AKA shit)
>Leo (AKA shit)

Attached: lmfao.gif (498x278, 2.38M)

No, i never said those games don't have fundamentals, the only thing i ever said about them was that they are more combo focused than some of the other fighting games out there.
Try to pay attention to the words other people are typing to you, it'll make having a conversation much easier. It isn't hard since you can actually go back and look at the words as often as you like if you've forgotten what was said exactly.

Good, Ky looked like a stupid fucking faggot in Xrd

GAME BEING CASUALIZED=GOOD

Finally someone understands what the general gist of the statement means.

This is what that statement is basically saying. Everyone has the right to be worried. But don't go jumping to conclusions and passing it as a immediate fact that Daisuke is saying that the GG2020 is a dumbed down game. Because we don't know yet. No one know but them.

What we can only really truly infer is that they are saying is that it will be a very different game from what we are expecting. That's it.

This one is not optimal compared to other things you can get off OHK.

GG is skewed to setplay and matchup knowledge of gimmicks than actual spacing. Try playing Ky with just f.S and stun edge and see where that gets you. If you deny that the reason Ky is strong because of his easy grinder setplay than """"""""honest fundamentals""""" I dont know what to say.

I honestly would prefer Puppet characters to have programmed motions that you input during little pauses like they did in Capcom's JoJo game.

So what does your shitty lacking no depth GBVS do better than GG?

>very different game from what we are expecting
it's going to be the melty Blood remake?

I’m not that guy but there’s some distinction between rekka chain and autocombo
First hit of rekka chain is not fast while first hit of auto combo is usually the standard jab button that come out very fast and safe
Rekka chain carries slightly more risk than auto combo typically frame data wise (that differ game to game)
Damage reward for raw rekka chain hit is typically not that high but that differ from rekka to rekka and game to game.
Rekka is character specific so only some character has them and character is built with rekka being part of their kit in mind.

I don’t think all auto combos are bad though but some auto combo design such as DBFZ is bad

Not sure what looking like an idiot who cant do 236 would do to prove your point

So are people forgetting that the reason why SFV did not do well was because Capcom decided to realize the game before the single player was finished?

If it had released in the arcade version initially the game would have sold 5 million

The most popular fighting game right now?

Alright now thats actually a good answer, I agree with your point. Not like the fucking joker who cant argue for shit.

huh? Yeah I can't do 236 so thats why I want it removed from fighting games along with all the other inputs.

two different people retard

Tekken 7?

I think you got too much cum in your brain from playing that gacha shit, bro.

I love me some SFV but tekken 7 is winning in that regard, might pick it back up. Had to trade it to help a friend out.

Tekken 7 has a bowling mode

Attached: snipsnip.png (620x877, 729K)

It might be. Who knows. But I don't think so. The typical hitstops are still there. Maybe it will be more cinematic judging from the slowdowns? But I feel that they exaggerated it just to show "look at this shit" moments in the trailer.

Maybe it's actually going the UNIST style. We didn't even see any airdash.

In short. We don't fucking know.

The other game with shitty single player contents and a complete joke of a ''story'' mode?

Guilty Gear said good bye to fundamentals when they decided to pic related

Attached: chrome_2019-08-09_01-15-59.png (1043x701, 206K)

Yea, I think the way to get people into fighting games is using its strengths, rather than focusing on something that is incomparable to its purpose. Fighting games have been doing this already with the help of the community, from personalities, videos, events, etc. Yea, it's not going to raise the likes of whatever the fuck esports in flavor right now, but it's been improving since its inception and continues to. It's totally possible that the ultimate magic fighting game will bring in the people from doing something every developer has been overlooking, but quite frankly, I think we're doing fine.

Attached: 1534287091341.png (1600x952, 2.34M)

It's a downvote icon. He's constantly downvoting everyone he sees because he knows he is so much more superior and intelligenter than them.

Oh wow, what SC did ages ago.

As someone who doesn't know shit about GG, wtf is this gibberish.

>unist

Attached: 1546475272842.gif (250x188, 663K)

Can I just say I love how many random English words have come to be incorporated into Japanese.

Ah yes tech forward airdash j.S, truly honest and an example of good fundamentals

Using only 2 move of a character kit is worse than using all of them. No shit
There are many characters who don’t rely on a lot of oki and there are players who are more reliant on fundamental than oki. Prime Machaboo was a very fundamental player and performed way better than many other players. He didn’t rely much on oki at all. His Ky play did involve actually have a lot of medium into fireball in neutral.
GG is indeed set up heavy but you need fundamental to get your hit and knock down for that set up. You also need good fundamental to defend against set up and escape pressure.
SFIV in all versions were the most set up heavy SF series and people still regard it as the best SF game (though they did cut down a lot of set up in USFIV). Some set up in SFIV were even stronger than any GG set up

>The core concept this time is unlike those of the past titles—it is neither “evolution” nor “returning to roots”; nor is it an addition or subtraction of elements from existing titles. What we’re pursuing is a brand new experience for Guilty Gear. To achieve that goal, we’ve disassembled the current franchise into fragments and sifted out the pieces that make it unique and charismatic, using those pieces to have a complete reconstruction of the franchise.

>What we’re undertaking is a full-frontal confrontation with the essence of the fighting game genre—a tremendous challenge for Guilty Gear. It is a high risk move on our part. However, we have an accumulation of plentiful resources and experience, a clear vision of our ideals, and the excitement towards a future of a new possibility.

I truly want to know how you guys got "dumbed down" here.

All I got was "We are reconstructing EVERYTHING about GG. We understand that it's risky, but we have a clear vision and ideals of what we want to do with it."

Basically, they aren't even thinking that much of the audience. They clearly came to the conclusion that they want to develop GG in a different way for themselves first, then the audience.

So how the hell did you guys end up with just "dumbed down"?

What the fuck are you even implying with this post? Nothing of that removes fundamentals from the game.

Yea Forums gonna Yea Forums.

That gets anti air by a 6p, it's as fundamental as a jump in SF.

>I truly want to know how you guys got "dumbed down" here.
Name one time a game has been made MORE complicated in it's new iteration.

This wouldn't be the first time

>I truly want to know how you guys got "dumbed down" here.
Their most recent games and the state of most fighters really.

this
why wouldn't it be dumbed down?
all of arcs recent games have gotten this treatment and sold better for it

If you don't think character specific wakeup timings and matchup specific meter gain and damage properties ruins fundamentals, you're either trolling, a shill or just playing a game without knowing what you are doing.

Literally every devs that ever said something along those line

Ky really had a manly jaw in GG1. Wish that he kept it inside of being a pretty boy

Jam
Don't have one because I haven't played online in god knows how long. I spend all of my time either combo training or just in the training room practicing my own combos.

Anyone can give a speech to make things sound way better than what they actually are.
I'm not saying the new game is gonna turn out this way for sure but the chances are higher now that we know it's gonna be really different to the previous games.

Does BBCP count?

LITERALLY Blazblue mainline

Yea Forums is really giving /r9k/ a run for its money when it comes to being the most negative board in Yea Forums.

I don't care if it gets a little simpler.

Just please for the love of god don't turn it into DBFZ with a GG skin, where all the characters play the same, there's less buttons, no DPs or half-circle inputs and auto combos on every button.

How do they ruin them again? SF2 had all sort of random stuff like damage, stun values and the like, the game was also heavy on match up knowledge.

Blazblue went from being a literal shit game that tarnished anime fighters to a fighting game more complex than Xrd in BBCF

>where all the characters play the same
It's fucking Guilty Gear.

didn't you get the message? granblue is homoge now. only 4 female characters and one is a midget.

do you mean have it fall on top of them and hit them meaty or have it hit them meaty as soon as I summon it

that was four years ago so I wouldn't call it recent

Wake up timings are never so different to remove anything fundamental from the game, and damage and meter gain being different for characters don't make the fundamentals like spacing, poking, footsies any less important.

>yfw tag game

Attached: 1556795521357.png (392x490, 158K)

Time it so the ball falls on them on wakeup. Takes some practice to time it with yrc

If it was they would've shown it in the teaser

>that is bullshit crazy
refers to the major revamp of the game mechanics and original shit
>still my heart is blazing
means that although a lot changed, the feeling of gg will be felt by our soul
>I dont need a new world
daisuke is risking it all by trying so many new stuff on his brain child, and not creating a new ip to test first
>we already know the smell of the game
we all know that Daisuke will not fail to deliver

Screencapped.

Blazblue.

Do you guys actually play fighting games or what?

Attached: 1553211454494.png (557x605, 30K)

YOOOOOOOOOOOO

I believe user

Attached: 1557780960591.jpg (2047x1556, 176K)

I can buy it.

>that is bullshit crazy
Old players reacting to the changes the game is taking to appeal to a new crowd of people
>still my heart is blazing
Expresses the anger old players will have
>I dont need a new world
Old players begging Daisuke not to change everything we know and love.
>we already know the smell of the game
The smell of SHIT.

I can get behind this one

You will not be missed

why can't I just meaty someone with a normal like in any other fighting game

not bad

Attached: asebicake.png (536x540, 173K)

You definitely can. May 6H my man

It was fun while it lasted, don't wanna keep playing if I'm getting spat on the face by the series director himself.
Goodbye Guilty Gear.

Attached: 1556312368498.png (568x140, 118K)

delete it from your library if you're serious
you won't

but I want to do my hoop dolphin high low midscreen bullshit

You can but usually you can do more.
However, sometimes you don’t have enough frame advantage in a knock down for a good oki then you just meaty or safejump instead.

chad bloomer

virgin doomer

I like Revelator 2. It's the new one that killed the franchise for me. I'd like to keep it as a memeory of what was and how many fun times I've had learning this game, something that wont be possible to replicate in the new game.

I know Xrd isn't the most popular entry, +R was so beloved that some play it to this day. Xrd is finished once the new one is out, so I may as well quit now.

I just want to stop people from jumping out of my wakeup pressure

then delete yourself from life

Daisuke is going to change throws, isn't he?

Attached: sol.jpg (1280x720, 245K)

I can't see it

Ball YRC dude.

If you meaty right on wake up then they shouldn’t for the first meaty hit but if you leave enough gap in your follow pressure for them to jump then they can.
Backdash is usually a bigger worry because backdash invincibility can escape many opening. It’s all in the matter of leaving smaller gap or chasing after jump back/backdash after the opponent. It depend on what character who are playing, what kind of set up are you using ( what projectile/meaty, what knock down move did you use) and your position on the map (mid screen vs corner).

good, im tired of throws being the same shit in all fightans, only person that has the balls to change such a core mechanic is him or harada

>im tired of throws being the same shit in all fightans
GG throws are really different to UNI throws or BB throws. And to SFIV throw. Or SFV. All of these throws are different.

No more Forward+H? Yes, please.

can slayer get out of meaty pressure for free with backdash cancel
that's who I was playing against and he kept jumping away FD every time I tried to high/low him midscreen

Actually, throw being HS at close range is very classical approach to throw in fighting game. Dedicated command for throw is different as well. SF still tamper with their command throw system and they somehow fuck it up badly for SFV. Throw in GG is not broken so I don’t see a reason to change it significantly. Bigger tech window might be cool though

I meant when you have to do cHS. They feel different than traditional throws, which have a recovery animation. Idk, a potential thing they can casualize, even though I think theyre alright as they are

Attached: __dizzy_necro_and_undine_guilty_gear_drawn_by_mifuji__sample-0c4407b852005186819268c0d107fca9.jpg (850x603, 136K)

>GG2020 is not what we expect
>GG2020 turns into a smash/fighting game hybrid
>Yfw

I was hyped before but now I'm a little worried. I sort of get wanting to do things differently but I hope Daisuke gives us a pleasant surprise instead of a disappointment.

My only complain so far is that it's going to be something different to a refinement of what I was expecting but if the new take on the franchise is good and has a lot of interesting ideas then I would be more than happy with the decision to go for a new approach.

Idk, I'm ready for a shake-up. After AC and Xrd, one was too extreme, and the other made more logical safe choices. I trust in Daisuke to try out something bold but within the realm of what they could handle from their past experiences

Attached: 1558015943891.jpg (650x997, 122K)

Typically you have to read it and punish it. However, it doesn’t have to be very specific read. If you are doing “safe” jump high low, you can take risk and air dash at lowest height and do your air dash combo pressure instead. That’s usually the standard fuzzy jump set up that happen to be able to catch back dash as well. Sure opponent can beat it with button on wake up if you don’t have meaty some meaty projectile on top of them but you still can do that if you predict opponent respect your oki enough to not spam some offensive button on wake up

what is a fuzzy jump

Based.

>one of the most popular series among weebs and normalfags alike
>LITUHRALLY NO ONE CARES!!!
Get a grip.

A fuzzy is when it is unclear whether your going to do a high or low. This is different from a mix-up because fuzzies are when you do a move or begin to do a move, it can either be a high or low, rather than following a pressure string that can potentially contain highs or lows. An example would be doing a jump canceable move that can lead to an instant overhead or a low.

Fuzzy jumps in particular, are when you do a late jumping attack and then do a low. It can be so late, the animation for the jumping attack happens, but the attack never comes out, so only the low comes out.

Attached: 310VenomJohnnyOverheadMixup.webm (320x180, 2.56M)

Opps I not fuzzy jump. I meant fuzzy overhead but it’s not exactly that neither. It’s simpler to explain it this way
So opponents typically block high/low by fuzzy guard, which mean they block high for a few frame just enough to cover you going high, then automatically block low after. That would cover both high hit/ low hit or empty jump into low as well.
To counter this, you can delay your high a bit with the airdash and mess up their fuzzy guard timing. To add to that, you typically get 2 or more hit in an airdash depend on which characters so you are actually hitting high much longer and mess up the timing even more. People classically use fuzzy overhead to describe throwing multiple air attack on standing block to mess with the fuzzy guard timing but airdasher like GG is unique that almost everyone can kinda perform fuzzy overhead by using airdash

Dragon Ball Fighterz was such a goddamn mistake. This is the bad end.

True.

Attached: 3c3c479069a8fbc5bfd98b75c23d9168.jpg (449x304, 17K)

Smash?

when you really boil it down fighting games are just playing rock paper scissors to decide whose turn it is and then the winner plays a rythm minigame.

excuse me wtf?

Not quite
Fuzzy defensively means you're blocking based on the predicted timing of a move in a way that will block multiple of your opponent's options correctly. Fuzzy jumping would be for example if you see them do a low, and then you know they can either do another low in the blockstring, or wait for the blockstun to end and then do a command grab. If you block the first hit low, then wait just long enough for the second hit to come out and then try to jump before returning to down back, if they do the second low you will block it and get stuck in blockstun and can't jump, and if they do the command grab instead you won't get stuck in blockstun and will jump out of it.
Fuzzy guard is the same concept with highs and low, if you know a blockstring can have a high in it at a specific timing and they can't do a low at the exact same time, you just block high at that timing and low the rest of the time and unless they mix up their timings you'll automatically block the mixup.

Fuzzy offensively is actually a somewhat different concept. A fuzzy overhead is one that only hits if your opponent is in the standing animation, which normally means they would be blocking high and wouldn't get hit, but they're actually holding down back so they do.
You do this by hitting with a normal high attack first, often a jump in or something that they have to actually stand up to block, which puts them in standing blockstun. Then they're stuck in the standing block animation for the duration of the blockstun, and if they switch to blocking low you can hit them overhead with moves that would normally whiff on a crouching opponent, like air normals on your way up in a jump.

>stress of multiplayer
pussy.

Not a fighting game.

>Soul calibur 2
If that game came out today you'd guys would be bitching about the lack of content.

And the extremely polarized tiers, and step guarding. That game had many issues. I liked it, but it gets it dick sucked off too much

I mean, thats a fair assesment. You shouldnt have barebones content in 2019, however SC2 was thoroughly enjoyed in the arcades.

This is just a load of vague bullshit. I'll reserve any judgment until the game is actually shown, because this doesn't offer enough info to be able to tell what any of this will mean in practice.

He did music and art for Hard Corps: Uprising too.

Usually they say specifically what Daisuke says it's not here, that they're returning to their roots, so they can just pull in old fans while making a game that is much more accessible on the whole.

I want to get into GG's story, should i go 1>X>X2 or is there a game like BBCSE that has the story of previous games into one game?

That's why they aren't provided as a normally accessible normal

Just read the wiki

Dad Ky's smooth, bare armpit

You are retarded if you think dbfz is easy, the game is way too fast for casuals to be any good

Reminder execution is never the problem fags, the problem has always been the mechanics

DBFZ is definitely one of the easier fighting games out there.

Still I wonder how he even became one. Were his gear cells dormant all this time? Or did he get the cells when he and Dizzy did it?

You haven’t played mk, bbtag, sfv

Bizarre Gear biology. Dizzy is a human/gear hybrid and she gave birth to Sin the same way Helen of Troy was conceived (aka Dizzy laid an egg and Sin hatched from it).

DBZF is pretty tough thanks to the fact you can spend an ungodly amount of time waiting for your turn to press buttons.

youtube.com/watch?v=vAJUvy4ibeA

Western SJW tranny cuck developers will never be able to make something so good

If they weren't Japanese you'd be calling them SJW tranny developers for adding a nignog.

>the amount of negativity in this thread
What is wrong with you losers?

He traded eyes with Sin.
I know reading is lame, but this shouldn't be so unknown.

Didn't play GG2 Overture sadly.

Attached: _20181230_203949.jpg (500x721, 78K)

>Oh and macros for dashing, people liked that in Cross tag, right?
You mean a 6[6] macro? To be perfectly honest that's the only change of the control scheme of the game I'd be ok with (please don't remove any button), IAD is probably the biggest barrier out of the basic movement options for new players and will most likely make even old players pop an IAD even faster than now.

Daisuke is half african japanese born in South africa you retards

First it was Ono. Then it was Shimbori. Now it's Daisuke. What the fuck is going on.

It's on steam and the port is ok

>im-fucking-plying

Attached: ky.jpg (883x1037, 122K)

That has literally zero bearing on what I said. Yea Forums chimps out when a western dev puts a black character in a video game but none of you give a shit if it's a Japanese developer.