Why does most of Yea Forums consider this one of the worst games ever made and an insult to the franchise?

Why does most of Yea Forums consider this one of the worst games ever made and an insult to the franchise?

Attached: doom-2016-vr.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f7XRdn87hg0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>le this is the absolute worst game ever made dude trust me meme

Attached: 1545548212215.jpg (464x503, 31K)

Its far from worst of all time, it's a "quality" product its everything to do with the actual game design which is fucking atrocious
Yes it is an insult to the franchise

Yea Forums just likes to be contrarian. This is unironically one of the best FPS's of this gen.

I've lost in faith in what Yea Forums has to say. Doom 2016 is trash, yet most of Yea Forums will tard rage over the TF2 hat economy.

>most of Yea Forums
You mean a few loud and isolated contrarians? I have seen plenty of praise for it on here, more love for it than hate at least.

you can tell all of the faggots who hate doom16 just for hell of it are pretty silent on doom eternal because they don't want to admit it looks really good

I wouldnt call it the worst but its a shitty wanns be of classic doom. Eternal moreso with the descision to make the monsters look more "classic". On its own though its ok

Its a nice game. Maybe failed a little bit in the last three levels, i feel them a little bit repetitive. And i think its dumb you cannot get rid of first shotgun and pistol, useless in late game.

i've never been a fan of doom because i think they're boring and one-dimensional games. Doom 2016 felt like a perfect way to bring the original Doom into the modern day and it retained that same boring, one-dimensional gameplay loop

definitely not an insult to the franchise, probably the best game in the series. But still just not fun.

Nah, it looks like more of the same except slightly improvrd. Its cute that theyre making some of the stuff look more classic but the level design looks like more of the same arena hallway arena. With some parkour thowrn in.

what are the chances a good new duke will come out considering the success of doom 2016?

Contrarianism.

It's a fantastic game.

>more of the same arena hallway arena
literally 100% identical to the original doom's gameplay

>Why does most of Yea Forums consider this one of the worst games ever made and an insult to the franchise?

Horrible map design and boss fights.
only thing decent was the upgrades and the brutality mechanics it stole from a Mod that stole from other mods.

It's also marketing FUN like it's something new and innovative.

Yea Forums generally likes it, just a few people mad its not exactly the same as doom 1 and 2

>arena
>literally 100% identical to the original doom's
gameplay

t.I have not once played doom

This is the main problem I have with this game. Everyone claims its the second coming of christ, yet never played the first game. They also seem to act like its the exact same game, when its loosely based off of a mod that is completely different from the base game.

No? Original maps had well thought out enemy and item placements that made the flow of gameplay feel natural. Unless you mean something like Tricks and Traps which is a gimmick level or the beginning of an episode which is more or less a tutorial.

>Yea Forums is one person

Doom is fine. Better than the majority of AAA shooters, easily. Not perfect, but good.

Anyone who unironically says it's the worst game ever made is actually just being hyperbolic to vent about its shortcomings. Is this your first day on the internet?

>he thinks doom 1 was an arena shooter

The upgrades are easily the worst part. Especially when they give you double jump halfway through the game. Why not give it to me since the beginning and design the levels around it.

artificial replayability.

but I meant the gun upgrades. I forgot about the runes and what not.

Actually now that I think about it I'm iffy on the gun upgrades. it means you have less guns, which means they can focuss on designing around them. but then they have all these stupid alt fires which overlap heavilly with other weapons.

Hell why is the double barrel even in the game? (outside obvious call backs).

That's my big hangup with the game really. It only really kicks off once you get some upgrades and by then the game's half done and you wonder why they made you wait so long to have fun in the first place. It's a problem with modern game design in general really.

Because Yea Forums is retarded. I started playing this game last week and it's kino af. Im at the destroyed mars base atm

Alt fires are fine if they give them all to you when you pick the gun up. Instead they idiotically dole them out piece by piece as the game goes on. Theres pretty much no point in replaying the game from the beginning the "real game" doesnt start until you have all the guns with all the upgrades

Because like /pol/ but in a meaningless way, alot of people come on here to troll the fuck out of people for reddit gold and (you)s

Thank god for arcade mode i suppose. Just play the levels 3/4 through the game

>Alt fires are fine

I really don't think they are.
Way too many alt fires are room clearing shit that basically negate the use of the rocket launcher. And lets not even get started on the fucking BFG

>game starts slow and doesn't kick off until you're used to the mechanics

I can't say that's a bad thing. Only problem is that you can't speed it up.

I mean alt fires in general yeah they suck in doom 2016 no point in using the gauss gun without siege mode

Its not bad in an rpg but in a game like doom its annoying.

Because it is. That said
>most of Yea Forums
prove it.

>Its not bad in an rpg
I think its bad in anything. overlapping weapons (unless they balance versatility by being weaker) usually sucks.

People will typically gravitate towards their personal all rounder. and even if things were balanced, having all the guns be slightly different is still pointless.

Oh Yea Forums says that about everything. Get thicker skin.

It's an OK game, but it has nothing in common with Doom beyond the most superficial level. It plays nothing alike, which isn't inherently bad, but also makes for a poor successor to the originals (not that Doom 3 was any better, mind you).

One of the most loved games of recent memory on reddit. The cross siters who browse both need to shit on it to feel like they fit in.

It's literally nothing to do with the actual game.

Attached: ned.png (600x463, 321K)

generally slower
less enemies on screen
executions break the flow of combat
upgrade system doesn't belong in doom
enemies concentrated into closed designated arenas instead of being all over the map
that's t for me
i liked it, but nowhere close to what doom truly represents

It's not like Doom's mechanics require any time to get used to at all. Doomguy does all the parkour shit, you just have to jump at something and he does the rest.

Because it's the best console fps ever made.

this is honestly some hefty mental gymnastics user. You really shouldn't rationalise different opinions like this.

But Yea Forums likes New Vegas and that is reddit's favorite game.

I dunno, the movement in the game and kiting takes getting used to. I mean it is an arena shooter, they normally start small.

>But Yea Forums likes New Vegas

not anymore they don't.

It doesnt, most of Yea Forums pretends to enjoy it because it pisses people off enough to reply to easy bait.

>executions break the flow of combat
Honestly would have worked better as a movement mechanic like they're doing in the new one.

actually fuck that would be fun to have a l4D wave of demons follow you around slowly catching up. and you have to zipline away to keep space between you.

Shame they can't design new enemies for the way the game actually plays. That's probably the biggest downfall.

Based

Based

>arena shooter
>can't even look vertically
sure buddy

yeah, there is something really entertaining about mowing down a legion of demons that actually pose a threat
i think D44M wouldve worked better if it was its own ip, like Quake was.
dont know about you but D44M felt a lot like Halo regarding the gameplay.

Press x to awesome prompts ruin the flow of the game. Enemies should just drop health and that feature should've been axed in concept. It's plagued by triple A shooter mechanics while still clinging and going for old school fans, so many indie games have done it right it's a shame this was just mediocre.

I loved D44M, but you’re fucking retarded.

>dont know about you but D44M felt a lot like Halo regarding the gameplay.

the movement felt like halo, but the combat reminded me of bulletstorm without the whip.

Based and Duskpilled.

It wanted the brutal doom audience and it succeded

Trying to play it like Brutal Doom stops working immediately after finishing normal difficulty and going any higher.

Thats true. Ultra violence and higher is just annoying

indie shills should be hanged.

Get that big corporation cock out of your mouth and i'll take you seriously.

they are both shit, indie tranny.

Because Yea Forums has no taste and hates any popular game, this should be common knowledge by now

Why are you even here if you hate video games?

I just thought the level design was boring.

/thread

Because people get attention by exaggerating their shitty opinions to the point that they are controversial.

Doom 2016 was pretty damn good, especially coming from Bethesda.

Based

This was my only criticism. I needed more random enemies, not arena fights

Have you actually played Ultra Violence? It’s literally the perfect difficulty. Nightmare is annoying since you pretty much just get one-shot.
>Bethesda
It’s from ID Software.

Game reboots ranked:

GREAT - Shadow Warrior
MEH - Doom
SHIT - Tomb Raider

They are just idiot boomer NPC saying.
"Old game good, new game bad".

Doom 2016 core is basically the same as in old doom, you kill demons while heart pumping music plays in background. Both games focus on action. The differences are some additional weapons, ability to jump graphics, some additional abilities and some points to upgrade yourself and weapons. And some cutscenes what don't take even 5% of game.

Attached: if0j74.png (273x194, 111K)

>Doom 2016 core is basically the same as in old doom, you kill demons while heart pumping music plays in background.
By your retarded definition, Doom and Castlevania are the same game.

That’s not the point you fucking retard. God, how the fuck are you unironically this dumb? Shut the fuck up.

Only because there were like 5 single player FPS games that released this decade that weren't complete and utter trash

the sadder thing is that bfe and nuWolfenstein is also among the great

Same reason they pretend Persona 5 and BotW are bad, abject blind contrarianism.

Anyone who hates on nuDoom is just being a faggot contrarian. It's a great game and brough the franchise back from the brink.

Doom 2 is weakest doom. Shit level design hampers awesome enemies and the super shotty.

Friendly reminder, Eternal will be announced as an Epic exclusive two days from launch.

>heart pumping music plays in background
youtube.com/watch?v=f7XRdn87hg0

please don't compare Doom 1's great soundtrack to d44m.

>Doom 2 is weakest doom. Shit level design hampers awesome enemies and the super shotty.

you almost had me

Attached: 5c4c74924b9f74f9e3870632384abe5e[1].jpg (500x281, 30K)