Daggerfall

How do I endquest a mission? I think I've got a bugged mission. I got bamboozled with a finger and now there is this spirit haunting me.

The thing is, it appears the supposed mummy is not at the dungeon. I even used the killall command to check out if that finishes the quest, and nothing.

I want to terminate it, but I'm not sure how to format the command. Tried writing "endquest A0C41Y18" but does not do anything.

Daggerfall thread

Attached: daggerfallunity-620x300.jpg (620x300, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

codebeautify.org/online-json-editor/cb24e273
youtube.com/watch?v=4DZj3eWP9cw
en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Attributes
en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Hints#Get_Ebony.2C_Orcish.2C_.26_Daedric_items
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=888
en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Stealth
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1168
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?t=2242
mega.nz/#!ZxUmxQBZ!wca5MWYq9nlDH-yHWq4PKkb9-5z1G6sbFr-_ADfXSHw
youtube.com/watch?v=0-EBbYKA-uU
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1021
en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Enchantment_Power
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Morrowind is a better game.

>"it'd be a miracle if you picked this lock"
>hit it once with my sword
>it opens

Attached: 1469807239839.jpg (398x370, 44K)

How does spellcasting work then? Cast chance, then enemy dodge chance?

Attached: they keep getting away with it.png (958x984, 92K)

I followed your instructions user and now my ship is sinking :(

Attached: RIPship.jpg (2560x1440, 548K)

& they said there's nothing "interesting" besides dungeons,although admittedly these are just window dressing for the entrances it's still cool reminds me of sword of ahkranox

Attached: Magic Swordsmen.png (1366x768, 545K)

oh shit.
I was just about to upload a json for people.
I wonder if it's a different y for everyone.
either way just slowly lower the 150 value and save the json and it will auto update when you load until you get the right height for spawn.

I was just messing around, I put an extra high value in there to be prankster

It actually works really well, I can get into my ship now without levitation. Thanks.

>96

where did the time go lads?

Attached: Nice Cape.png (640x480, 52K)

>find hidden door
>find another door behind hidden door
>it's an empty room

This fucking game.

Attached: daggerfall double door.jpg (1917x1015, 305K)

ya got me. Im glad it works though.

for anyone else wanting to fix falling below their ship
codebeautify.org/online-json-editor/cb24e273
click download and rename to SHIPAA00.RMB-390-building0
and put it in the streaming assets/WorldData (make the WorldData folder if it isn't there)

Hey, user.

That isn't a hidden room that's a hidden nexus leading to more hidden rooms.

No, I checked. It's just an empty room.

try 'tele2qspawn' or 'tele2qitem' in the dungeon.

>dark brotherhood quest
>only info is location and that they have a scar on their face
>think i would have to talk to each person and find the one with the scar
>as soon as i enter the location they start attacking me
almost could have been cool

Attached: 1491079194228.jpg (360x438, 21K)

>Have to go through Direnni Tower 4 fucking times minimum just to beat the game.

Who thought this was a good idea? Why not have Medora wait outside after the first quest, or at the entrance? This is the worst kind of padding to have in a game like this.

Attached: 1564437672987.jpg (720x852, 95K)

Should I start putting points into Luck? I've only gotten a few semi-decent drops

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.73M)

Yeah, it's pretty annoying. At least I can whip through there pretty fast now, whatever that's worth. Prolly nuthin.

there's a console command that teleports you to where you click on the map
i just did that after going through the dungeon once already

I’d go with making a new character since that name is top twat.

Well, I'm sure a simple text edit could change all of that

Attached: 1513642569998.jpg (671x867, 103K)

you actually can change your character's name at any time

I assume the smaller dungeons setting only effects the "random" dungeons, while it leaves the handcrafted main quest dungeons alone, right?

I've only just left Privateer's Hold, so I'm just assuming that there are handcrafted dungeons in the main quest.

correct

You want handcrafted try pic/related it even has a giant underwater tunnel & bridge filled to the brim with mages!

Attached: Citadel of Buckingsmith.png (1366x768, 306K)

>5 mp custom free action spell works just as well as the 200 mp purchased one

Well, that removes paralysis as any form of a threat.

This

Why did they stop making Argonians so sexy in the newer TES games? They're perfection in Daggerfall.

are we dead now?

Attached: 1533525103182.jpg (1024x576, 142K)

No everyone is just asleep or just exploring the game/dungeons

Attached: Grey Horse.png (1366x768, 663K)

I'm busy trying to cure my brain fever

Attached: brain problems.png (623x371, 38K)

just make a disease cure spell

When meta custom class shitting do I push difficulty to 3.0?

i think a mod that allows the play to invest into shops for returns would be a pretty cool idea. being able to own multiple houses and setting them up for rent would be a pretty cool idea too.

I'm going to Daggerfall Castle for the Totem. I've never been this far before.

I'm a bit confused on the actual differences between the various Temples and Knightly Orders in this game. How much does it actually matter?

Check the wiki, each god has a different benefit

How do I open the locked door on Privateer's Hold, the very first dungeon? A faggot asked me to bring him 4 gold bars in different locations and one is in here, but there's this locked door I can't open.

Daggerfall is the best game in the TES series. I can't tell you how many hours I've spent with it and playing and finding out for myself. It's such a beautiful game and you'll feel immersed in it all the time. There is more depth to Skyrim in the next game, Morrowind.

That said, I am interested in the lore and the people. The Dragonborn is the closest thing to a character that is based on the real-world version of a real person I've encountered. I'd love to see more to them, especially the Elder Scrolls NPCs. And, while Elder Scrolls mods, I am eager to see how the game will expand or even completely replace them. I will definitely buy this one.

I must say, after a day in Skyrim with all of the DLC, Morrowind was still more immersive, I just needed to work towards that immersion.

So, while I could have gone in with the Skyrim expectations, I'm happy I took this opportunity to really explore Morrowind, explore what happened on this island and find out all about the people. While Morrowind does not have the best voice acting, the character performances are pretty funny and make me feel so alive in the game. Morrowind is so well crafted from all the lore and history and the people with the dialogue, we are actually immersed in the world around us.

hit it with your sword until it opens

Ok little kid.
I know this is your first time playing daggerfall don't you dare criticize morrowind like that.

My friends played morrowind on the xbox for like 3 years unmodded.

Skyrim i got bored of in like 1 week.

Played oblivion for like 6 months.

Daggerfall is cool but im trying to figure if id lile this game or not

Yeah I just read this and tried it out and the door openned lol. Anyway, the gold piece is certainly nowhere inside the dungeon. Are these quests random? Like, do they change where you're supposed to find stuff?

the randomized dungeons have a set number of spots within them where the objective could be

>Mara has skills relevent to my character and better rank benefits
>But Dibella is the titty temple
This is a very hard choice

I honestly don't see much different in the Knightly Orders.

Is anyone here using the Archeologists mod? I keep having an issue with the quests I get. It will be a quest that requires I find someone, and NPCs will tell me that they are hiding out in another town. The problem is, when I go to the other town, that's still all the NPCs will tell me. Do I really just have to search every single building until I find them?

Then where does that leave arena?

I've gotten pretty far but so far all they've had me do is go find treasure

Attached: First Archaeologists Quest.png (1366x768, 244K)

Knightly Orders don't have any differences. They're just each localized to some region and you won't find any of their halls outside of it.

Temple differences include one unique quest per temple (randomly given and repeatable like the generic temple quests), different skills favored and trained, the services they provide are shuffled around to unlock at different ranks, and 5/8 temples have a minor passive gameplay benefit whose strength scales on your rank. Also 2/8 temples forego two temple services in exchange for providing two services each that are otherwise exclusive to the Mages Guild.

Each region has a temple they prefer and have in almost all their cities, but they aren't strictly exclusive like the Knightly Orders are so you can still find them all around the world if you look hard enough.

>they can't recognize it
If/when the full GPT-2 model is released this place is going to be fucking chaos.

So what mods do you think would be good for Daggerfall that haven't been touched upon yet? I haven't really looked into old version mods, but I'm hoping there's a decent mod that allows either Imperials or Orcs to be playable. More spell effects would be nice too, but that's not really super necessary

SJW TRASH

Attached: file.png (1404x582, 296K)

I would like for some more variety to the weapon sprites. So katanas actually look like katanas, and daedric is more than just red steel.

Why is it called Privateer’s Hold when it’s nowhere near the coast?

I will now buy your game.

Can you go from one guild to another? I joined Mara's guild because whatever but now I saw Dibella's slut and I want in but no NPC gives me the option.

WHO HERE /LIZARDCHAD/?

Attached: file.png (495x829, 47K)

You can only join one temple and knightly order

There was a guy that was working on animating sprites a few days ago, has he made any progress?
Dark Elf like always, but god damn, people do not like Dunmer in this game.

Does race actually effect responses? I thought everything was based on PER

Accept quests from the temple but ignore them. Eventually your reputation will drop below neutral and they'll kick you out and you'll be able to join another temple.

You can also leave a temple without damaging your rep by becoming a vampire, but that's a bit more complicated and has some potential downsides.

Your race doesn't influence any of your speech outcomes, but NPCs do like to say insults to which can give that impression. It's a funny thing when you ask where the nearest quest is and the self-hating Breton responds "What a surprise! A Breton who actually wants to work!"

It feels like using a custom class is too game breaking, is that the point?

I'm trying to find some actual dungeon like the first one but on the map all there is is a bunch of copypasted graveyards with like 1 room with a thief and that's it. Where's the good stuff? Tired of talking to 2d people.

I think getting used to the smaller dungeons setting was a bad idea, I'm in the sentinel palace dungeon now and I want to kill myself this shit in a fucking maze.

Attached: 1565097537997.gif (668x1080, 1.27M)

You got fucked by the meme machine.

There's a few dungeons about the size of the first one, but they're copy-pasted so bad they're indistinguishable.

that's one of the tougher ones imo

So with all this talk of completely reworking dungeons, entirely new assets (models/textures/UI), retooling controls and the absolute certainty of people adding new mechanics (see airships) and likely fleshing locations and storylines (quest packs, new guilds potential overworld location reworks) you realise that you'd have basically made an entirely new game?
Like I'm enjoying the shit out of all of this but seriously.
Why not make it legally distinct and go for broke? There's a chance to recapture the collaborative nature of early bethesda letting the testers put forth lore ideas. There's a chance to create something that isn't bugged from the start and has to be fixed. There's clearly something of a community for it as well.
As Fallout is to Wasteland the project could be to Daggerfall. That way the artists and programmers would own their work too.

Idiot

You need to take quests from a guild or in a Tavern to get new dungeons. You can also find maps on monsters that will give you access to new dungeons.
The crypts are starter tier. Note that all locations vary in shade based on how large they are (including towns)

Building ontop of Daggerfall gives you more fame and reach. If they made a brand new game of similar quality to the current release nobody would give a shit,

People behind projects like these are not game developers and 99% will never become them.
They don't think or make decisions like developers, and they can't be made to think like them.
It's a fundamentally different type of autism, and it's why collaborative pro-bono projects almost always amount to shit.

>I want to kill myself this shit in a fucking maze.
and you would have already killed yourself if every dungeon in the game was like that

I could see an Enderal/Nehrim-esque project being really good for Daggerfall, but taking it entirely to its own IP would probably be kinda shit. I would absolutely love adding more shit to Daggerfall though.

Yeah something I miss in Daggerfall which is present in the modern TES games is the dungeons all having an internal logic and story behind them. Like maybe the beginning areas of the dungeon have been settled by a camp of thieves and looters, then further in there are old catacombs infested giant insects and tombs full of zombies, skeletons and mummies, then you get to a throne room with a vampire or lich in it, and maybe there’s a bear cave off to the side of the entrance or something. I don’t think this would be too difficult to implement in a mod but vanilla Daggerfall is just a bunch of completely random enemies running around in a completely random series of rooms and corridors.

What the other anons said, also the original Daggerfall devs are working on a spiritual successor now.

Well that's true, of course, but on the other hand now that the DFU exists and the buzz is up it could be an opportunity to transition. It feels wrong seeing all these mods appearing out the cracks to work on a foundation that has been intentionally restricted.
You could make a DF-like with more varied dungeon generation and a skill rework without much effort and then let people work off that.
Mods are cool when you can't change the base game but the base game is being developed as we speak. Having one integrated updated attempt at the Daggerfall experience makes more sense to me than intentionally making sure all the improvements are splintered mods. Eventually a mod amalgamation might pop up, they often do, but baking all the improvements into the base and bug fixing and balancing those with the same attention to detail and relation to the base game and other new features is priceless.

The whole point of a new IP is to provide complete freedom to the community and the developers. Naturally lorefags would be mad but you could crib lore or make new shit with community input (like they did pre-morrowind).
Of course there's also financial incentive to do so as well as a potential to grow the audience as a new game enters the modern market.
I'm not pushing for it but with all the modders now it's not just a modern restoration of the game but the birth of something new. Why restrict themselves? Ride the hype of DFU and break ground on modern fantasy life sims

They amount to shit because most people are lazy or idea guys. This one has proven workers i.e the dev himself and all the other modders.

Again, not pushing it, just a thought after seeing the mods and all the call in the thread for new features.

>also the original Daggerfall devs are working on a spiritual successor now.
What is it? Is there much information out on it yet?

is there a way to toggle hiding levels in the dungeon minimap?
it becomes fucking impossible to see using the overhead map when i'm on the bottom levels of the dungeon because it's entirely covered by those transparent layers.

This game is surprisingly way more playable than Morrowind despite being older. Morrowind aged like a bucket of diarrhea.

Main problems with Morrowind are slowness and there being no real indication as to how difficult an enemy is going to be unless you've memorized it (i.e. one naked guy with a sword might never hit you, and another who seems identical might one-hit you). In Daggerfall you move and attack fairly quickly, and you can expect every knight/archer/thief/etc. to put up roughly the same challenge versus whatever role you're playing and adjust accordingly.

is getting promoted in guilds just random when it decides to happen? I was squire in the knightly order and then got no more promotions until i was 80 rep and he gave me seneschal, so i skipped ranks 2-7 and the armor rewards they come with
now i'm max rep and he still won't make me paladin, and i have the skill reqs too

Attached: 1457308803730.jpg (430x300, 34K)

But they aren't. Normal dungeons are really simple to clear.
The pre-made ones like the castle dungeons, Scourg Barrow, and the Crux are ridiculous because they were made by a cruel human and not a nice robot.

Must wait a month between promotions. When you are promoted you go to the highest rank you qualify for.

There are skill level requirements for ranks, and also you can only be promoted once a month.

how the fuck do I get tedioustravel to work

I want to make exploring the wilderness fun

you should just drop the .dfmod file into the Mods folder and it will work. It completely replaces normal fast travel

wow i just looked up that mod and it looks cool as fuck
gonna try it out tomorrow

Attached: 1488516600268.jpg (742x720, 52K)

LUCK
DOES
NOT
AFFECT
LOOT

So does the shield only give defensive stats or can you actually use it to block shit?

I did that and all it does is make the game crash when I enable it

b-but the wiki..

then just play ultima underworld unity remake :^)
youtube.com/watch?v=4DZj3eWP9cw

damn those unity remakes are very soulful

Attached: Gf3Zmf[1].jpg (1072x628, 125K)

Attached: learn to read.png (888x299, 38K)

It's written by people who go by anecdotes to claim something works the way they think it does.

Yes, falling off the map into an endless void every single time is extremely fun.

Resisting spells happens with willpower though I have no clue of the actual formula used.

did I fuck up by rolling a Nord?

I want armour but the dumb fuck wont equip anything because MUH CLASS

Nearly every default class doesn't allow plate armor, which is basically every armor from Iron to Daedric, but if you make a custom class you have to gimp yourself so you're not broken as fuck. Amazing game.

I never got a readme file

thanks tho

so how do I stop getting hit?

i already uninstalled it after seeing that it drains my stamina during the travel, which means if you're traveling any distance greater than like half way across the region you're in you will run out of stamina and collapse every 10 seconds for the rest of the trip
like how is this even usable

>get a quest to walk like 50 ft over to the general store from a bar and buy a white rose for 20 coins for a wedding
>she pays me 333 gold

lazy ass bitches

Based boomer telling the truth.

>picking class
>burglar sounds cool
>locked into using plate armor because bethesda are eternal retards
goddamnit, is there a mod for this? being a burglar sounds perfect for how i'd want to play but nope, gotta be some kind of catburgling paladin

>is there a mod for this?
Just make your own class?

Yeah I'm gonna restart doing that, at least I didn't get too far. Weird that no one has made a fix for this ridiculous shit though, you'd think they'd be locked to leather armor instead.

pro tip
never under any circumstance use the pre made classes

I made my own class in morrowind and oblivion, but since I'm only gonna play daggerfall on this pc for a bit before i get back to my desktop i figured i'd just pick one instead of agonizing over what skills i want, especially since it has so many more options than any other bethesda game. At least the questionnaire was funny when it asked me if i became a burglar to help others.

Uesp is relied upon by the bethesda devs though. If you have tangible proof that something is wrong please report it.

And what do you know I checked the uesp and luck does not affect loot.
en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Attributes
Not sure where that other guy is coming from

Says more about Bethesda devs than UESP

I'm and See as an example
en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Hints#Get_Ebony.2C_Orcish.2C_.26_Daedric_items
And other websites like daggerfall-related forums have people claiming that luck affects loot. At this point I'm very critical about believing what I read on that wiki.

Yeah. Clearly it's wrong but it's a collection of tips/guides than something that's 100% meant to be trusted

>doing quests for the mages guild
>near the end of the month, check rep
>it's at negative 90
what the fuck, why
i refused a couple of quests because they were "go here and cast spell" and i'd rather be doing dungeons, surely that's not worth that much. does selling off certain items or using certain merchants annoy them?

Did you kill a lady in one of the quests and then admit to it? They get angry about that and you get massive penalty for it.

Any way to split a stack? I'm guessing no?
E.g. you buy 20 oil from a shop but decide to take only 5 with you into the dungeon so it doesn't weigh you down too much.

i've had a quest to kill a certain named mage who was in a dungeon, that mage was a female character. would that be it? i don't recall ever having a dialogue option to admit to anything though

it's tainted by faggotry so i'd dump the whole char

Seems like this game is having a big resurgence on Yea Forums thanks to the Unity thing. Might have to give it another go. A post in another thread about being able to have a boat as your base pulled me in

Dumb genero-fantasy names are the peak of the genre, don't be daft

Just what is this good for?

Attached: Untitled.png (593x73, 20K)

just a bit of visual variety. changes the wall and floor textures around

Use "climate" to have dextures based on province.

Is making a custom cure disease spell recommended? Are the stats for the default one known?

I just made a custom one that has 50% of healing, plus an added 5% per char level on top and I am level 4.

I had brain fever earlier and spammed the default spell a few times reloading the save game each time. It failed to heal me several times until I said screw it and went to a temple to get treatment.

You can click on the effect's name on the right to see the details.
I made a custom cure disease because casting can be expensive unless you tweak some things to make it a bit cheaper.

Nevermind. Found it. For cure disease, it's 15+5/per level. I'll keep my custom thank you.

>You can click on the effect's name on the right to see the details.
Oh... thanks.

>I made a custom cure disease because casting can be expensive unless you tweak some things to make it a bit cheaper.
What did you tweak with that one? Seemed like the only options were the chance of success percentages there. Mine ended up costing a lot of spell points to cast. Like 180. At least that's a lot to me. I need to rest before casting it right now. But 70% chance of success on climbing seems worth it?

Mine has a chance of 50 + 1 per 2 levels and costs 68 to cast. If you change it from "per 1 level" to "per 2 levels" it will decrease the casting cost. Any more than that will have very minimal effect on the casting cost, if at all.
I prefer the cheaper ones. E.g. with 201 total mana points I could cast your spell only once and that is provided I have near full magic points. If it fails, then I'm fucked and have to rest to refill mana which might be a problem when you're diseased or poisoned. If I don't have the mana points to begin with, it's even more annoying.

50 + 1 per 2 levels isn't exactly low but i am subject to rather slow level advancing due to some significant buffs I gave myself. I just want to cast it and be done with it I guess. Resting for a few hours isn't going to kill me when I have a disease for my experience so far. Having to travel to get to temple is another story.

Maybe poison kills you quicker and having to rest becomes a problem? I haven't actually been poisoned yet. I do have the default spell for it though. Might have to look into that antidote spell too.

Save scumming to cure myself is also in no way beneath me. I'm fucking this game every way I can now and it feel oh so good. Early game has been kind of easy so far actually but I'm sure it will find a way to mess with me again later on.

Poison kills you faster indeed. I've been killed a few times from poison while resting.

What's an optimal build for mage?

Pure mage is crap. Always carry a melee weapon and be proficient with it too. Magery can support you well though and you can cast spells frequently enough.

Pick ONE weapon type and spec skills accordingly. No more. Archery sucks, long blade is usually considered best.

Get expertise in you weapon type and critical strike for primary I would say. If you want to go full mage after that, select all six school of magic as talents. 1 for the primary left, 3 major, 2 minor. The rest of minor is up to you.

3x magic per INT is a must for mages. No discussion. The rest you can play with a bit. I absorb my own magic poins back and am immune to fire, which makes me able to spam infinite fire balls at melee range and stun lock most enemies with it. yeah... it's almost too easy. almost...

>all the magic skills you want
>mageryx3
>absorb magic(if you want)
>at least one weapon skill

Attached: acurate representation of daggerfall caster.png (1089x842, 1.67M)

So I had a dream last night that combined Daggerfall and the Barsoom series (I also fucked Dejah Thoris, which was pretty sweet). Point is, imagine the kind of crazy total conversions people could do now with the unity version.

>Barsoom
its shit m8
its basically poor mans conan

Those quests that tell you to go and kill x creatures in a dungeon are bugged.
The creatures never stop spawning when you're trying to rest. Even after killing the required 5 harpies, they kept spawning.
I did a test where I killed all the harpies, exited the dungeon and re-entered it. Harpies still getting spawned every time I rest.
Anyone else with the same experience?

Get magica regeneration mod and you can be a real wizard.

3 magic schools as Primary skills
2 magic schools as Major skills
1 magic school as Minor skills
That way you can level up only by raising your magic skills, as leveling up counts three highest primary skills, two highest major and one highest minor.

I have that one as well. If it's an individual creature it doesn't happen but yeah, group quests will have that occur. I suppose it's to guarantee that you can kill them.
Otherwise you might have 1/5 giants spawn in the border blocks and never be able to complete the quest, y'know?

I don't remember vanilla Daggerfall having this.
Would be nice if the dev made it so that the creatures stopped spawning as soon as you killed the required amount.

I didn't mind it too much and I ran a build wholly reliant on rest for health regen and stam regen.

They kept interrupting my rest. I couldn't even rest for a single (1) hour.

>Lord Woodborne
Well now. I guess he got pranked at some point.

Attached: Lord Woodborne.jpg (1920x1080, 355K)

>How do I endquest a mission?
You don't in Daggerfall. They bug our 90% of the time making them impossible to complete.

Its just like my japanese fighting games!

I'm experiencing a bug and for which I can't find a precedent online.
Its' only occurring on my secondary char, a fairly standard High Elf mage I just made. The bug is basically this: I can equip weapons in the inventory (they will also appear as equipped from the top down prompts) but I can't see them in first person view nor can I perform any strikes. I have tried both my hands. Since my other character works just fine I think this is not caused by the game settings but originates from character generation. Also I am not using any mods.
My build is as follows
Primary:
Long Blade
Crit Strike
Destruction

Major:
Restoration
Mysticism
Thaumaturgy

Minor
Illusion
Alteration
Dodging
Running
Medical
Mercantile

Disadvantages:
Crit weakness to: paralysis, poison and disease.
Forbidden materials: orcish and steel.
Forbidden armor: chain

Advantages
Int 3x to spell points
Rapid healing in dark
Immunity to paralysis (from racial bonus)
Immunity to magic

When did the issue start? Have you pressed z?

>leveling up counts three highest primary skills, two highest major and one highest minor.
Is this true? I didn't know this. Is there no general xp system in place?

Do spells have a lower chance of hitting? I don't really get the calculations, is it:
Magic: Roll to even cast the spell, then roll for enemy dodge, then roll for enemy resist
Sword: Roll to even hit vs their roll of dodge, then subtract dmg with armor somehow?
Seems to me there's one less chance of hitting with magic but I dunno.

Attached: frank-yeager.jpg (618x410, 40K)

No, there is no xp. You level up by raising skills, you need 15 skill ups to get a level. You raise skills by using related stuff, and how many times you need to use it to get a skill up is determined by your stats, reflexes setting and difficulty in class creator (0.3 to 3.0).

k thanks

Should I play the unity version or the dos version? Also is arena worth playing first?

I pressed z, and now I feel like a retard, thanks for the help

Unity lets you play the same game with bugfixes, there's no reason to dos if your PC can handle unity

I thought the unity version was missing stuff?

Feature complete and there's some nifty additions if you choose to use them. Go for unity.

Strike part of this, armor affects hit chance. Is there no damage reduction anywhere then?

Not anymore. It's less bugged than DOS version.

I absolve you of your sins user. I don't know if you are a retard but we can all act retarded when the occasion calls for it.

sentinel palace is the biggest main dungeon in the game so don't bash your head over it

How's this game for utility shit? Can I play an inept cunt who gets by using items and tactics, if I'm willing to spend the gold?

How come your threads don't break rule 6?

Flavor of the week/month threads don't break that rule.

How can a title as apopular have such awkward controls? The tutorial actually taught me how to play the game wtf.

It's not "long term" yet, they always allow it for new games. Also /vg/ is a graveyard where you're buried under anime lewd bullshit and mobile games. They can't kill us before we've had time to live.

Did you use the Unity version? Most of the controls are fixed to modern standards

I fucked up somehow
I enabled the smaller dungeon size option and now I can't do quests anymore, they immediately fail once I accept them
any help on this?

Attached: 1555873111197.jpg (354x640, 43K)

If you're finding the weapon attacks annoying, you can enable a click to attack that just cycles standard attacks with a single click instead of needing to drag the mouse. Option is on the main Unity Daggerfall menu before you select your save game

Of course, i followed the guide often posted here.
>right-click+mouse movement is attack
>left-click is interact(game says its middle-click)
Decided top play a mage since I didnt play as one in skyrim.
>have to open a book every time you cast a spell. It doesnt even tell you have to double click the spell.
How does targeting even work? Is it physics based with aim or you just have to aim in the general direction?
I hope keybinding spells is in the game.

Thx for this.

Give me a reason not to be a Werewolf

Because if you power game you can max your shit out anyway and you can manage that without enchantments as well.
If you're doing were-shit for the stats then you you're smooth in the cranium. Take another look at character creation and leveling mechanics

being a vampire makes you look badass

Attached: tumblr_n6k85vFIhz1rml4zno1_500.png (424x469, 39K)

Attached: 1489290017186.jpg (766x766, 88K)

>time to give the totem to someone
>can't decide between Underking and the Emprah of the Empire
I mean, I've been spoiled about the ending long time ago, but still. Being a RP fag sucks.

Attached: 1532859809525.jpg (1200x1200, 828K)

Had a hard time picking as well but went with the emperor. Those are the only choices if you arent RPing a retard or evil.

Underking is gud boy though.

>emperor
>not evil
Yeah I don't fucking know about THAT mate.

spells always hit if they connect
to make them connect i suggest ignoring any spell that is not area of effect
then is resistance taken into consideration and target either resists spell, halves the damage (if it is damage spell) or takes full effect
situation is little bit different if you have absorb and reflect, meaning even if you dont resist the spell and have absorb, you absorb its cost into your mana pool (cost is dependent on your magic skill, not casters, even if you resist it it absorbs) and if your mana is full (or dont have absorb), you reflect the spell to the enemy and dont take any damage

but
spell absorb talent only works for your own spells (spell absorb enchant and spell works for enemy spells too),
you can reflect non damage spells like paralyze too, but you do get paralyzed anyway, paralysis is probably buged, because silence for example gets reflected to caster and you dont get silenced

you dont need immunity to fire to not be hurt by your fire spells if you have absorb talent, if you have absorb enchant or spell, non of enemies damage spells is going to hurt you as long as you dont have full mana and you can even have critical weakness to fire or other elements

that said sometimes your spell flies through the enemy standing in front of you, or wall, or door... but imo it is not intended

aim in general direction with aoe spell like fireball, dont bother with touch or single target spell, preferably just ignore everything in first dungeon, join mages guild and visit the guy which makes spells

Yes which is why him and the emperor are the only choices

>pick up quest
>go do X at X
>go to house
>ask person "where is X"
>"go north"
>go north to another house
>ask person "where is X"
>"go north-east"
>rinse repeat until I finally find X
>this is fun

He even excused the gloom, how can he be evil? Also he called me friend

Are you sure? The manual seems to disagree but it might be outdated:
>Dodging:
> Before something strikes you, whether it be a spell, an arrow, or the business end of a claymore, your Dodging skill is automatically checked to see if the blow strikes home.

I'm having trouble with the fighter guild quest where I have to kill the rats/bats. I'm in the house where I'm suppose to do the quest but I can't ask the guy living there are the quest and there are no enemies there
I'm in gothway Garden

The real dungeons are not showing in you map. You have to ask for a quest to get the location of a real dungeon.

Loiter for an hour. Just use the rest function.

>you dont need immunity to fire to not be hurt by your fire spells if you have absorb talent

That is straight up not true in Unity anymore. Pretty sure it was you who told me this before. Dude, I made a new char because of you where I changed it and ran out of Pioneer's Penis to the next mage guild location, bought fireball and guess what? You take fucking damage from your own fireballs if you only have spell absorption. Stop spreading false info on that. You need both, you take a lot of leveling penalty that combination and that's how it should be because the game just turns to easy mode.

>conquers everyone because he wants to prove he has a big wang
>so fucking psycho even living Gods cede because opposition would result in MAD
>uses a altruistic immortal as a battery for his war machine
The ONLY good thing he did was slap the Altmer around a little. He couldn't even secure his line properly instead relying on prisoners and bastards to hold back the gates of Oblivion and later to let the Altmer rise again.
When are we getting a game with the other elves and sload? The esoteric lore can suck my dick. The fact that every nation is multiculti and suddenly the only species that exist are those available to the player character is retarded.

Is it possible to edit loot and monster lists in this game? Kinda boring to just see certain items and monsters constantly pop up when you enter a level range.

Im not sure in a way I checked the code, Im sure in a way that I know manual was wrong about stuff before (even vanilla stuff) and what Ive seen and tested in game. I could attribute fireball flying through enemy to dodge, but do doors and walls have dodge? Because sometimes it just flies through them too. But when it doesnt, hits target/obstacle and explodes, it kills target 100% of the time. I tested it on ancient lich, not sure if it has dodge or not though.

Maybe it is even right about touch and single target spells, but I never used them and they are too shit for me to bother test them.

A lot of the stuff is pretty difficult to mode game-logic wise right now.

Tldr, existing scripts can't be edited if you want to make a mod to distribute to the public, you can only make new scripts that get "added on". But some of the code from the DFU scripts don't allow access from the outside, so it can be quite limited sometimes.

user, right now I have character that does not have immunity to fire, has absorb talent and I trained destruction to, well, very high level, by shooting fireball to the wall and absorbing it, never took a single damage

as long as you mana pool can take it, it gets absorbed

if you say so

Imagine what another year of modding production can do for this game. Is this the final platform? Daggerfall, who could have thought

Attached: 1564394692077.png (544x535, 491K)

Why's this? I thought the engine switch was supposed to open things up for us

I wager June's minions are currently brainstorming to see how they could profit from this.

Some of the things were programmed to be done as "true as possible" to the original experience. Since it was only a very small group of people a lot of things weren't immediately obvious at the time I guess. They're pretty cool on the forums though and if you ask, they'll generally consider opening up some fields for the modders to mess around with it in future patches.

If you mean "why's this" in terms of why the original scripts can't be edited - that's just a technical limitation

yes I do

Attached: fireball.png (1920x1080, 455K)

MMM...
>kills you with 1 hit

Attached: 72543.png (1459x953, 481K)

>"Every fucking time. Every single fucking time when i go questing this big faggot just kills me in one hit and gives me this stupid look on his face."

Well, I completed the main quest. I am the hero now, praise the emperor.
I think I'll give Morrowind a go now. I tried it once, but my computer fried for reasons and I lost my saves. Maybe I'll try something else than pure mage this time.

Attached: 1559365041305.jpg (1484x1554, 219K)

Where do I get the new version everyone's playing and how do I get it running?

www.google.com

forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=888
Anyone tried this? I didn't even know you could pacify enemies, how do I do that?

in the regular game, when you get within range of an enemy it does a skill check with the corresponding language skill (like impish for imps). if it passes, they're pacified. it's one time per enemy and it's automatic so it's pretty lame

I suddenly stopped being able to cast spells, loaded and I still can't cast anything.
I'm not silenced or sick, I have full magicka.

How do I fix this?

The emperor is your friend.

nvm I turned it off and on again

Attached: daedra.jpg (530x362, 73K)

>That butchered ui
What's even the point?

Im adding stuff like NPCs and cabinets on my ship but it loses all of its ability to be interacted with once I add it.
It worked when I did the same thing with a random house tho.

Attached: 1542611260417.jpg (411x412, 15K)

Oh mama Meridia.

Why am i getting attacked by zombies and werewolves while sleeping inside taverns?

Attached: 1549317123032.jpg (768x1024, 206K)

How can argonians be vampires when they are immune to diseases?

Where to find a magic item that performs repairs if I can't make it myself yet?

Attached: 1300993959413.jpg (200x223, 17K)

I tried. I cant figure it out.

Attached: Screenshot.png (1920x1080, 470K)

Why can't you make one? I made one and it werks just fine.
Gotta turn magical item repair on at the start menu I think.

I'm not at the required level to access the enchanter yet.

I respect your effort. Is it possible to put NPCs that just walk around in the ship? You don't necessarily need services on the ship, just anything to make it less empty. Maybe some banners on the walls or a desk and chair in the Captain's quarters?

Well, time to double your efforts, intern.

>Dwarven and Ebony are the lighter armors
That's a bit odd. How much does armor weight actually effect stealth?

Attached: file.png (394x328, 15K)

you can put pretty much anything. It's how it calls its functions that Im lost on now. even though I did it in a building a couple days ago. So they might not move but they sit there and play their animation. 3d blocks spawn too.
their menus might work for purchased homes.

Attached: castle boat.png (1920x1080, 1.75M)

How do you attack enemies in cages without magic? I'm playing a no-magic run and I've had it happen several times that quest targets are in cages and nothing I do seems to hurt them, although they can hurt me.

Does nocturnal have a mustache?

Arrows or sometimes there is a secret lever

So what the hell do crystals even do? I have a sapphire with magic coursing through it and I can equip it but I don't see what it does, if anything.

>How much does armor weight actually effect stealth?
Not sure if it does at all. The only drawback AFAIK is that it's heavier.

There was talk of some item re-balance mods in the future on the mod forums, but the developers need to open up some more code to us before we can do anything.

en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Stealth
UESP mentiones that stealth is affected by "bulkiness of your clothing", but that's a kind of vague statement

Have it identified at the mages guild.

yeah, you were right after all. i checked again. dunno what happened there. bit miffed about it honestly but i'm in too deep now.

magic items need to be identified by someone in the know for a small fee or with an identify spell. after that it will tell you what a magical item does.

>tfw my human female barbarian in my d&d group is named Tyra the ball crusher.

I know I stole it from an animator but cheesy names makes the game imo.

I'm not so sure about the daggerfall wiki. They say a lot of things.

>struggle making a character
>finally get one I am happy with
>enter tutorial dungeon
>first door I open has a harpy thing in it that kills me in one hit
>didn't save character

rip

So I just started a new character after a couple hours of playtime on my first, which was a pre-defined class just to learn the ropes and already I can see a huge difference in picking my own character vs a stock one, the fighting is more effective, the loot is better, etc.
Something I didn't expect to happen, I pacified an Imp, whereas my previous character never did such a thing, I didn't even know you could do such a thing.
Also Imps have boobs, I though they were dudes.

Attached: DF001.png (1600x900, 507K)

I don't think those are actually boobs. I think they just have a wide, muscular chest that doesn't look quite right at that angle.

That's what the language skills are for. They give a chance to pacify certain enemies based on your skill in the language

You didnt select the quest fixes in daggerfallsetup.exe

They are, for whatever reason, off by default unless checked. This same shit happened to me, I reinstalled and started fresh with the fixes on, and this didnt happen.

Does anyone know the formula behind pacifying enemies with languages? If you have 100 in a language, is it 100% guaranteed?
I've heard that Etiquette and Streetwise can pacify humanoids, but I have a feeling that's just a rumor. Is there any evidence that it's true, and if so, is there a formula for it too?

Etiquette pacifies guards

Merchants Guild mod could have a bunch of stuff like that. Some sort of trading/commerce support could be cool too. Using your cart or ship to move trading goods and possibly have random encounters while fast traveling with bandits or pirates.

Is promotion at the mages guild also a monthly thing?

seems like it. same for all guilds I'd imagine

No, they're boobs alright, you can even see the nipples on the next frame and the side view of the imp shows a clear protrusion from the chest.

Attached: 1-0.png (720x888, 9K)

Well shit.

It happens to me pretty regularly with streetwise inside dungeons. Not super regularly but I've pacified a handful nightblades, enough so that I know that it does work. My skill is not that high either. I don't have the game in front of my right now but I want to say around 30 with Per around 50.

I just walk around and get a message that the Nightblade was pacified, usually a corner or two before I actually see them.

ive got 69 points in impish if you know what i mean

nice

Still have UI bugs
Damn it

Has someone remade morrowind yet?

openmw

what the fuck is this

Attached: daggerfall.png (1920x1080, 3.75M)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD

A teleporter.
Click it, run into it. If nothing happens, then it's just a texture.

ah, sweet thanks

just need some hands holding the edges open

One of the texture mods replaced the teleportal graphic with a Stargate. You should be able to run into it, if it isn't broken.

>Bethesda game
>people complaining about bugs

The more things change the more things stay the same

>get pretty used to small dungeons setting
>decide to disable it so i can remember how big the dungeons used to be
>instantly reminded why i turned on small dungeons
managed to clear 2 dungeons before i had to turn that shit back on
wouldn't mind an option to choose how big i want them to be though because sometimes i can enter a dungeon and instantly know where the objective will be since there's only 1 internal block

Attached: 1506733108234.jpg (638x629, 186K)

Is people playing overhaul or retro style?

Attached: DF Retrostyle vs Overhaul.jpg (1542x1760, 594K)

OFF-WORLD ACTIVATION ACTIVE!

Attached: beep beep.png (395x391, 223K)

What even are the mods for the bottom screenshot? It looks amazing.

This people are playing retro at 640x400.

I've been playing with as many mods as I can find because I've played a shit ton of vanilla daggerfall.

King of Worms Overhaul (K.o.W DREAM) + reshade setings.

forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1168

forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?t=2242

Attached: J9uQKXL.png (1600x1024, 3.64M)

I always try the original vision before going full crazy with mods that way you can experience how the game was "meant" to be seen

Attached: Retro.png (1366x768, 307K)

first piece of daedric armor acquired lads

Attached: daedric.png (1920x1080, 461K)

How do I kill lizard lips here? My silver longsword won't hurt him.

Attached: file.png (2560x1440, 2.41M)

Wow, nice crop job, me.

Attached: 2cat.jpg (184x184, 12K)

Just throw fireballs at him, duh...

I'm no filthy magic user. I don't even have enough spell points for shocking touch

run against it until you start climbing then crouch and you go through the opening

run for your life then, fool

You can crouch and climb over that window thing.

Why would I want to go in there with the thing I can't kill?
I did. Ran into a room with some Mages and they all started fighting it, I booked it out of there.

Oh in that case, just stay away from him then.

Here's the old Daggerfall face mod from /vr/ ported to unity. With 2 added faces and some fixes and tweaks for dunmer.

mega.nz/#!ZxUmxQBZ!wca5MWYq9nlDH-yHWq4PKkb9-5z1G6sbFr-_ADfXSHw

Attached: port.png (2134x650, 89K)

Where's the smaller dungeon thing?

settings.ini in appdata/locallow/daggerfall folder
then set smallerdungeons to true
make sure you're not in a dungeon when you enable it

Playing a mix of both

So what's the consensus on future mods? Will there be interest in making any? How easy would making them be?

>1996
>people calling out bethesda for being faggots
now post the one where todd howard is shilling his games back in the 90s too

Thanks based helpful man

I think now that the game is feature complete, the devs will start focusing on things like making modding more accessible. We will just have to wait and see

Who should I give the totem to?

How difficult is making quests for this game? I don't know how it should be quantified but whatever. I'd like to try making some random generated ones with a lot of possible random branches for variety.

Also, if we assume I somehow got my hands on a couple farm buildings and assets, could I randomly dot the map with small farms and farm communities the size of a small town?

Attached: uriel septim.png (464x592, 95K)

so Brisienna? That's what I thought.

so when you allow magic items to be repaired in the options, where do you actually do that? The smith wont do it.

nvm fixed ;)
mod lock this thread

am I retarded or does he only have 3 fingers

You're retarded.

It's really terrible modelling with dumb proportions and bad use of lights

Extremely retarded.

bein abit of a rude cunt today are we

what else should I put on the ship?

Attached: Screenshot.png (1920x1080, 994K)

Attached: Screenshot.png (1920x1080, 1.16M)

Not nice to keep your cumdump locked up like that

How do you use pacify?

It has a random chance of activating whenever you are detected by an enemy

It's a passive skill, once you get close enough to the enemy there's a chance it'll happen on it own, I'm guessing it's based on your language skills for that particular race, Impish in that particular case.

which one of these looks the most kino
top is vanilla, middle is distant terrain mod with terrain distance 2, and bottom is the same but terrain distance 4. affects the skybox in different ways.

Attached: skybox.png (1280x2160, 1.47M)

Third one obviously.

What's even the point of a horse when you have fast travel and places are so far apart?

youtube.com/watch?v=0-EBbYKA-uU

I vote 2

You move around town faster. I also think owning a horse reduces fast travel time, but I may be wrong

banners on some of the walls maybe, NPCs even if they are just standing around would be fine, it would at least give the appearance that your ship is crewed. I'm not super familiar with every prop so I'm not sure. Are there chests that could be used?

can you put storage boxes? or does DFU still not have permanent storage functions

I vote 2 because 3 is stupid dark

So I got into the dark brotherhood. Is there no questline?

>what else should I put on the ship?

Are you modding? or this is possible to do in the game?

I think the first one look better.
The fog on the ground fit the fog on the skybox more and give a sense of aerial prospective.
In the other 2 sky and terrain feel more disjointed.

Put some crates and barrels around.

For installing this does anyone know if the daggerfallsetup bundled quest mods work with this?

Yes it does reduce travel time considerably.
The first one, given that it's raining, it should have that misty look.

I can all that but the way the ship is shaped the banners might clip and chests would just be decorations
I can dupe the ones in the bottom of the ship and place them more organized somewhere. Adding more of them to better organize your stuff. Adding in custom NPCs and Items, especially on the ship, isn't something that's as open as the asset injection for some reason.
using the asset injection they provided with edited jsons.
alright

give into the masochism and play full dungeons

I remember the entire time I originally played Daggerfall in like 2012 was because I saw the sprite for Azura and got turned the fuck on and wanted to play a character that served her.
Never got far enough to do that though. Maybe if I start DGU i'll get that far this time.

retro but with enhanced sky and distant terrain. I'm not a fan of the style of any of the other graphics mods out now.

the innkeeper is playing a prank on you bro

you mean retro textures + enhanced sky and distant terrain right?

retro renderer doesn't work with enhanced sky i don't think.

pick your favorite

Attached: DaggerfallUnity_outside.jpg (1920x6480, 1.9M)

Yes. I just meant retro as in not using big fancy graphics mods

Personally my favorite blend so far I think is Handpainted 3d model replacements + real grass + original textures + lighting and shadows on + retro rendering 640x400, with all filtering set to point filtering.

Although I really do like how the DREAM textures look just for dungeons. I wish it was even more modular than it is, or if it could be mixed in randomly during dungeon generation.
I think the DREAM textures (not all the upscaled characters and mobs and shit) look pretty cool using the retro renderer.

can you post a screenshot, i wanna see how it looks

Attached: 1472151219233.gif (499x495, 411K)

The bottom.
I don't like how the terrain is completely flat in all the others.

Any guides before I play this game? It's an old rpg so I know there's gonna be a lot of shit that isn't intuitive to figure out

>finally you have brought the Elder Scrolls to...Daggerfall
Quit the game and walked out of the theater right there

Attached: TheEnd.jpg (2560x1440, 228K)

>game can't make up it's mind and pick a canon ending
>makes up some bullshit so ALL of them are canon
I hate this fucking episode

it's not that hard to figure out actually
only critical thing you should know is to make your own class and not use the premade ones
and that most quests have time limits, including main quests, which if you fail you are basically just fucked, but the time limits are fair. just make sure you don't take on a dozen quests at once. and if you do fuck yourself you can always use console commands to get the quest back, for main quests anyway.

Retro has more soul

with pacifying mobs becoming more viable with the archaeologists guild mod it would be pretty sweet if you could interact with the npcs and ask where the dungeon objective is. add more viability to languages and speech skills.

Improvised to add storage to the desk. Added some in the other room too. wiffu and banners.
Not sure where those banners are from though.
Need ideas for other rooms.

Attached: Screenshot.png (1920x1080, 998K)

So I've been looking at the artifacts in the wiki and they all seem pretty useless considering how expensive it is to summon a daedric lord.
Are any of the artifacts secretly OP and I'm not seeing it?
I'm not a furry so I don't need Hircine's ring.

I believe those are Direnni's banners

How robust are the modding tools actually?

Become a fury then

the 30 skill points from that book is nice if you wanna max your character with 100 everything

Do clothes affect anything, like peoples willingness to talk to you?

Are bookcases in dungeons supposed to be non-interactive?

How2CureLycanthropy, I ain't no furry

How about some more boxes and barrels in the cargo hold. Maybe one of the port or starboard rooms can be a cabin for crew to sleep with beds, maybe a makeshift armory in the other. The room on the bow could be for your own personal storage. I think there is one more room, perhaps a mess would be make sense.

don't think clothes do anything
and ya bookcases and those kind of things can't be interacted with in dungeons which is dumb
someone will probably mod them to work normally and have loot

is landing melee attacks chance based?
I can't seem to hit anything

>Don't think clothes do anything
So I should go nude under my armor to save encumbrance. Kinky.

Yes, your weapon skill and their dodge are both relevant as to whether you hit or not

You have % chance to hit based on agility and the weapon's skill and enemies have a % chance to dodge

Damn, that's annoying.
Wish I'd known that, I would have invested skill points differently

Quick, give me a meta spellsword build using a Nord.

>pick sword skill
>pick magic skills
>3x magic
>spell absorb
>fireball
>spam fireball infinitely
>swing when bored of fireball

HP per level being 30? How much does the difficulty slider matter? Take Crit Weakness to Frost?

Retro, for that glorious pixilated authenticity. I am using Enhanced Sky and Birds in Daggerfall, though.

I cant really find any others that fit. Ill try to find some plain ones.
that sounds good. Im not really sure there are many things for a mess though. It'd be more tavern stuff.

Attached: Screenshot.png (1920x1080, 712K)

realistic sex mods when?
would scenes have to play out similarly to how they do in HDoom?
Being Unity based I'm surprised there hasn't been such a mod already

Mods or no mods I genuinely think that Daggerfall looks like shit.

Several old games look great, but daggerfall never did.

that would be cool, use a couple tables and there are these small benches, maybe a chair or two. There's also a shelf that has pots, pans, and a broom on it.

>It's another NPC just isn't where the game says he's supposed to be episode
I'm getting tired of this. Is the quest that starts with a shopkeeper accusing you of stealing Amber from the vanilla game, or is it part of the quest pack mod?

I play with the pixels and sprites because the revamps look like shit. I completely disagree with you I guess?

Vanilla game, fuck that quest

Is leveling good? Don't enemies just get stronger?

Scorpions are the worst enemy in the game. Luckily I have free action magic

Attached: 1565144791716.jpg (211x203, 15K)

Well, I got the Amber, and now I havn't the slightest fucking clue what to do, since the NPC that I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to go to next isn't where he's supposed to be

On the bright side, I think I'm gaining a lot of Etiquette from pacifying the guards that keep chasing me

not him but
>try this
>still start with shock
>shock does next to no damage
>spell absorb doesn't work
>have no hitpoints because I have no idea how to properly allocate stat points
am I retarded?

No you always start with garbage but just run past everything until you find a mage guild

If you've built you're character right you get stronger than they do, even if you lose out on hp gain and tribute gain rng.
All the abilities do more damage based on level, including magic. DF basically has skills as a degree of consistency and level as a degree of potency.
Higher level the more damage, the better %s on buffs/debuffs ect. ect. Character advantages also use level. The only notable exception are weapon skills. Most of them are tied to the weapon you're using other than hand to hand which actually boosts damage AND accuracy based of skill.
Naturally Hand to Hand is the best weapon skill and the patricians choice. There are no trainers for it and no guilds who accept it as a measure of your skills to balance out how superior it is to the rest.

>walk into random general store
>casually has daedric weaponry for sale

Attached: 1493356001362.jpg (718x512, 22K)

Spell absorb is based on how much mana you can absorb in one go. If you have only used 15mp and something needs to absorb for 16mp better luck next time.
No one starts with a lot of hitpoints. Other than making abilities more powerful the second primary reason to level up is to raise your HP. Try making characters in the custom class menu with a lot of potential HP per level if you're worried about that.

I'm level 7 and no shop has sold anything but steel

Attached: 1476031725151.jpg (480x320, 21K)

Run like a pussy, get to a tavern and rent a room for a month and train your destruction by spamming spells and sleeping.

Also spell absorb is bugged and only applies to your own magic

Can I rent an inn for a month as a knight?

Is there a mod to make the game less flat? Especially the cities

No knight plebs can only rent the horse stables for a term of 3 days for every month

Is there any actual reason to set reflexes below Very high?

Attached: 1556732.jpg (1000x1221, 465K)

i've never even seen what the game looks like playing on anything less

Attached: retro1.jpg (1920x2160, 831K)

this is with handpainted models in both, original textures vs. DREAM textures.

The DREAM textures look really fucking good indoors with the retro renderer but outdoors they kinda look shit because they are so high res that they just lose detail and blur

Attached: retro3.jpg (1920x2160, 808K)

example of how the outdoor textures end up looking shit, if they made a version that let you enable indoor and outdoor textures separately i'd be set

Attached: retro4.jpg (1920x2160, 1.08M)

There aren't tools per se, it's just Unity. The modding framework though is pretty robust. On the forums there is documentation and some tutorials as well as list of mod suggestions and how difficult they would actually be to implement.

jesus the fighers guild quests are so fucking bugged.
any quest to go to someones house locally and kill a rat or a bat or whatever has so far not worked properly a single time. only time it has worked was when they sent me to another town to do it.
every other time i go to the place and there's either nothing there, or there is stuff there but when i kill them all even with the killall command it doesn't complete the objective.
and that's not even mentioning how if it's some local residence nobody will mark the location on my map, they just give compass directions.

Attached: 1468032907053.png (618x618, 259K)

lol

Nevermind, when they say "NPC spends her nights at X Residence", what they really mean is "The man in X Residence will tell you where she actually is"

you are supposed to loiter and the rats will interrupt you. Do it a few times and the game will tell you when you are done

distant terrain makes the wilderness more interesting to look at, but no all cities are flat by design. It's possible that someone could change that with a mod but i doubt it would be easy.

If they're telling you the basic direction you just need to spam the question at them until they tell you exactly where it is, eventually they'll do it

loiter while waiting in the quest house, make sure to check upstairs too.

I just set it to high since I thought very high would be enemies flailing non-stop

Less RSI if you're using directional attack inputs.

You're brain is bugged - loiter.

sweet, might try this out
also what mod or setting adds the time display on the bottom right
seen a bunch of people with that

convenient clock

forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1021

If you try retro rendering with DREAM just make sure you only use Textures and maybe UI if you really want the UI scaling/cleanup. All the other things like mobs, npcs, sprites etc look pretty shit in retro compared to the originals, but you can mix and match however you want.

This fat old bastard just offered me a quest stop his former male lover from getting ransomed. Pretty progressive for 1996

Attached: this fucking guy.png (1920x1080, 465K)

Well, the girl I have to rescue knows levitate. May be possessed by something because there was undead everywhere.

Attached: demon.png (1920x1080, 3.55M)

What the fuck

Attached: wat.png (1920x1080, 3.2M)

>finally found the objective in this dungeon, time to recall back to the guild
>"an anchor must be set before you can teleport"

Attached: 1515455578649.gif (400x230, 406K)

>that blond

HNNNNNNNNNNNG

Attached: sweating cloud.png (1200x1183, 696K)

How do I get more spells?
I'm in the Mage's Guild

Talk to everyone in the guild hall, one of them sells spells (not much reason to buy premade ones for the most part) and another lets you make spells.
You know every spell effect in the game by default, you don't have to learn them to make spells with them as in Morrowind/Oblivion.

the store bought ones actually are better balanced than the vanilla game, most of them are cheaper than the spell maker versions

Is there a way to avoid the fucking spells battlemages cast? The hitbox is at least twice the distance they swing.

I'd like to know as well since immunity to magic and spell absorption do nothing

immunity to magic is supposed to be the magic elemental type, not just spell immunity

So I guess zero npcs use magic element then? I've never not taken 80+% HP damage from a spell hitting me

Pretty sure magic immunity is disease, poison and paralysis for some reason

I think it's magic based damage
there's cold, shock, poison, fire, and magic

magic immunity protected you from those in vanilla due to a bug, and they fixed that bug in unity

Sounds like DFU could use an updated manual.

Source?

Attached: df.png (890x526, 67K)

Thanks for this. Is there even enemy spells that do magic?

>finally managed to get fireball with a character that has spell absorption
>it doesn't work
god damnit

Have to shoot it at your feet 1 Int-kun

440 lines now.

Attached: Screenshot.png (1920x1080, 960K)

Im not really sure how well all these objects will do on a potato.

Attached: Screenshot.png (1920x1080, 933K)

How the hell do you get out of the "fighting pit" feature with the four magically locked doors in a dungeon?

this layout?

Attached: pit.png (1920x1080, 1.14M)

Yeah

Climb

You can't go from hanging to climbing unless I'm missing something.
Unfortunately it seems the only solution is levitation.

It's an overhang, and there has to be someway to get through the doors.

There are other situations like that that aren't the 'fight pit' and the solution is to levitate, man.
What shits me is the traps where you can't even lev out, you NEED to teleport or reload your game. That shit is fucking awful

what an asshole

Attached: Daggerfall.jpg (2560x1440, 317K)

see if there is a wheel switch on the walls of the hole
sometimes there is one and it teleports you out

Press ~ and type levitate on

Don't get trapped fagboi

Any tips for going into dungeons? I always get so fucking lost

>no nymphs
missed opportunity

>traps where you can't even lev out
i've never seen those yet

Attached: 1480967752807.png (500x430, 47K)

Turn on smaller dungeons. Makes them about the size of Privateer’s Hold.

Hey, I started playing some hours ago. People in Daggerfall itself are dicks to me but people in the small towns aren't. Does talking to people in full chainmail affect anything?

I found one in the last dungeon. A fucking door teleported me into a cage where I got stuck. The cage lowered to a room full of orcs.

Nah, you just have to do some heroic things and become more renown

The first dungeon I encounter in this game besides the tutorial one was super fucking long and maze like. The tutorial dungeon was so short compared to it. Are all randomly generated dungeons going to be like that? Also it had so much loot I am thinking money means nothing in this game.

i just solved it in the dungeon i was in that also had the fight pit thing
if you don't have levitate the normal way to get down without magic is pulling some chain above the pit which gives you levitate for a bit
pulling that chain opens those magic doors and inside one of the rooms is a lever that opens one of the 4 hatches in the middle, and under the hatch is an rising platform
so normally you shouldn't get trapped because if you jump in without levitate you just die. i'm assuming you somehow managed to climb down which wouldn't be possible without advance climbing.

I should. An invincible one in a cage that opens from multiple triggers.

ok actually yea I remember that happening to me too

Attached: 1490225604803.png (286x312, 74K)

There are death pits that jam the door with objects
There are teleporters that set you up in a big maze of shit to another teleported which sets you up in a big stand alone maze of shit just to teleport you make to the first maze. THAT one is a bitch. Even if you're saving conservatively it can make you reload a predungeon save.

What a fucking big green dicked chad.

>which wouldn't be possible without advance climbing
Ah so that's the issue.

Is Daggerfall good is just a meme? I've heard that most of the game is broken as shit thanks to "infinite" dungeons and you can't beat the game unless you do certain quests for certain people in certain places at certain times within a time limit.

also even if you happened to miss the rising platform you can jump in the hole under the platform and it gives you levitate
it's also where my quest objective was hiding and i had to tele2qitem command to find it because it was so well hidden. so if you ever get that module again check there for your objective

Attached: 1498098334671.png (783x615, 438K)

>get fucked by skelington in dungeon
>head into town and visit inn
>"gtfo i hate you and your kind"
>wait a bit
>still refuses to sell me a room
>head outside of town and sleep
>immediately attacked by three archers and a spriggan
>flee into town
>get arrested for vagrancy
Why is this allowed

user learned something today

My first character died of the plague. RIP in peace, I'll pay attention next time.

Turn on smaller dungeons.

>refuses to sell me a room
Oh wow. I knew people could get iced out of conversations but he won't even take your money? HAHAHA

Fuck smaller dungeons. The crawl is the whole appeal. He should just learn his way around the mazes.
I mean, if you've got your character decked out properly enemies aren't a massive challenge outside a few lucky spells or hits. Actually navigating the maze becomes it's own puzzle. The only issue I have with it are:
a) map notes disappearing for some reason
b) Portals not staying highlighted (possible the same issue as the above)
c) magic pixels. There are three really obvious ones, floating skull, wall skull, brick door but then you have shit like the box in the chapel (which at least makes noise) however there are loads more which I just can't handle
I mean, the very first dungeon has a secret from touching a table and the table itself doesn't make a sound or whatever when it's activated.
That at the VERY least is all I ask for a consistent or distinct activation sound so that you can know when you've found the magic pixel even if it's moving something a block away which otherwise you'd never know and possible even press it again and move it back fucking you forever.

baste, this is a breton man's town, inferior races out

>having elf blood
I wouldn't even consider Br*tons men.

>asked to find a painting
>have to navigate this monstrosity for several hours with no interesting puzzles and shit loot

What were the level designers for this game smoking? I must have killed literally hundreds of castle guards before finding that fucking painting. Who would design a castle like this? This shit is part of the main quest, so it's supposed to be one of the "good" dungeons.

Attached: daggerfall painting.jpg (1919x1021, 601K)

daedric daikatana and cuirass on a single random guy
fucking based

Attached: big loot.png (542x1016, 114K)

>what were they smoking
plasma fractals and procedural generation.

Imagine all the hard work that random guy had to go through just to obtain those. All that to just get done in by an adventurer trying to finish his quests.

>the daedra summoners at witch covens randomize which daedra they will summon every time you interact with them without having to wait a day
i swear to god in vanilla you had to wait a day for them to cycle to a different daedra. i explicitly remember waiting 24 hours over and over to get the one i wanted in vanilla. now in unity i just click daedra summoning and click no and repeat until i get the one i want without having to wait. there's no way it was like that before.

Attached: 1542480478497.jpg (655x675, 71K)

>reach level 12
>start finding daedric shit everywhere

Seriously? Level 12 is the endgame? I saw a little dwemer/mithril/ebony and zero orcish stuff. And now I'm finding daedric? The item progression seems fucked.

just to confirm i loaded up an old save in vanilla and went to the same witch coven and it indeed only cycles to a different daedra once per day in vanilla, so they changed it in unity.

That's pretty fucking neeto to get deadric that quickly. I head daedric wasn't that big of an upgrade in Daggerfall.

It's rng. I didn't have full daedric for ages and infact I found a load of it at some early levels and then it seems to disappear again.
It does seem more common than orcish however.

>level 12 is endgame
There's no distinct level cap it depends on how much you want to game the system so for scrubs or people playing on pre-built characters 12 is pretty good.
To really get the most out of your levels you have to equalize all your skills at character creation to get them as low as possible and avoid answering questions in the quiz to raise any of your class based skills.
Apparently prison can also be used to fuck with the leveling alogo but I don't know about that.

a lot of those have chains you can interact with which give you temporary levitation, just look around.

Smaller dungeons are gay as shit. Just follow the right wall and stick to it and explore as much as you can. use the minimap a lot, get a cheap teleport spell and always anchor at the start of the dungeon.

Wait! Those questions slow your leveling up down even further? Why? How? Only special advantages and disadvantages had any impact on that slider. Those questions don't give you anything like those - they're just points.

The way leveling works is based on your total skill points gained 3M 2P 1S.
This means that the fewer points you have to begin with the greater your level cap.
The RATE of leveling is dif dagger dependent but the extent is simply a numbers game (which may or may not be cheesable with prison - again I don't know but I'd like to look into it when I max out)

3Pri 2Ma 1Mi*

The main quest dungeons all have at least two unique blocks (except Privateer's hold since it's only one block large), but most of them just pad out the rest of their size with the same random blocks you find in every other dungeon. Privateer's Hold, Shedungent, and the final dungeon are the three that are 100% handcrafted.

>tfw tes games will never be cute and funny again

Attached: 1550428542622.jpg (640x480, 54K)

Daggerfall has infinite quests

Attached: todd_howard.jpg (615x347, 71K)

I can't believe how old thing Radiant Quests are. The whole series were rigged from the start.

>rigged from the start

Attached: what in the goddamn.jpg (736x526, 171K)

Explore one level at a a time.

>The Dragonborn is the closest thing to a character that is based on the real-world version of a real person I've encountered
wat

>"here let me mark this residence on your map!"
>it's not on my map
What do I do when this happens in a quest? Ignore it?

Try some other npc.

I have, but they give me directions to some other residence that I've already visited.

If you've been asking around and gotten told it's North/South etc and have a general idea, you can put the cursor into inspect mode with F3 and then start looking at all the houses around you. It has a good range, and will show Residence or Residence if it's the one that was labeled for you

are there any differences between unity and dos in terms of combat? I tried unity recently and I missed the first skeleton enemy way too often

If you play with enhanced ai turned on skellies turn into gokus.

I have never played this game. What type of character should i make and whats actually viable in this game?

>Muscle Wizard
>Thief
>Pure mage
>Archer

Attached: unknown.png (1920x1080, 2.06M)

Anything is viable if you learn the system. In terms of over powered?
Mage
Monk
Kniggers

Based bretons

Do these fancy looking bucklers really serve no other purpose? They're +1 defense, so not very good.

Attached: Untitled.png (450x615, 367K)

They sell for more and if you've banned certain materials you can use them. Also they weight less.
In a game were several classes have plate banned I don't know what you were expecting

Better enchanting capacity.

Whoa looks like some dungeons do have some neat features in them like this

Attached: Castle of Wickham.png (1366x768, 276K)

Tell me about enchanting capacity

Different enchantments require more enchantment points to put in. Higher the capacity the item, better and more enchantments you can slap in there.
You can also put harmful enchantments into items, which give you more room for positive ones.

>reached a point where orc shamans spawn
Sucks that spell absorption is not working. Maybe I should just pause my playthrough until it's been fixed.

>The racial modifiers to attributes do not actually function. The starting values of your attributes are defined by your class, which overwrites any modifications made by your race.
Does Unity fix this?

How much does armor affect stealth? Should I just go without it?

Armor weight doesn't affect stealth in any way. You can go full plate knigga assassin if you like

Also trapped souls are not necessary to enchant, but can be used to add enchant capacity. When your item breaks the enemy whose soul you trapped will spawn next to you and attack. Some souls include certain enchantments when applied, e.g. Ghost souls make an item nearly weightless but it loses durability when worn in temples.

>When your item breaks the enemy whose soul you trapped will spawn next to you and attack
Heh, that never happened to me, nice to know. But I add "repairs objects" to as many enchanted items as I can, so that might be it.

would it be possible to change which dungeons are selected by quests and make it prioritize dungeons closer to the town you're in? I think it would be cool to try and do a no fast travel run eventually, when mods actually add interesting things to the world, but the fact that a random sidequest can send you to a dungeon on the other side of the region 12 hours away is a bit of an obstacle to that goal.

I guarantee that this guy posts here now.

The manual says stealth is affected by the bulkyness of your clothing?

Like a great many things, the manual is wrong.

Source?

>Some souls include certain enchantments when applied, e.g. Ghost souls make an item nearly weightless but it loses durability when worn in temples.
That's actually pretty cool.

When does the mages guild open the doors?

11:00. Generally if you're fast travelling with "cautious" selected you'll arrive at the city gates around 7:00, so will need to loiter for 4 hours

Soul trapping is evil, okay? Stop it.

its an AI you dip

So is there a benefit to wielding two swords?

Unlocks the XxX_DarkSephiroth_XxX title

no only that you can switch weapons fast

because it's cool?!

Attached: Nord Thief.png (1366x768, 162K)

I'm sure this wouldn't be hard to program. However as you said yourself, the overworld first has to have something interesting and thats probably way more work

The Warm Ashes mod already adds random encounters, and the Isle of Betony mod is doing good work to populate a small part of the map. There's still a long way to go, but I think it can happen

Any mods that diversify the NPC sprites? It's a bit dissonance-inducing to see so many copies of people roaming the same cities, or for general storekeepers to all be the same person.

Looks like a cheap whore hired to do some fantasy fetish movie, desu

Yeah I just got it working & so far it's great

Attached: Warm Ashes Mod.png (1366x768, 160K)

God this whole thing is looking to be my go-to for years to come the more they add to it. This is everything I've ever wanted in a video game. Enormous world, shit to do, people to see, enemies to kill, weapons to buy, and an incredible atmosphere.

Plate Mages are cool

Wut? Why can't I select a pearl to enchant?

Because it's an ingredient?

en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Enchantment_Power
Wiki suggests that ingredients can be enchanted, so does the game UI.

Attached: Untitled.png (707x546, 533K)

Diamonds and rubies and emeralds count as ingredients but can also be equipped to Crystals slots and can be enchanted. Potion making ingredients can't.

What the shit. Why give them enchantment points at all then? Classic Bethesda.