Game tries being scary

>game tries being scary
>its not

Attached: 1433274347410.gif (480x436, 466K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=coqoGEOcxAA
youtube.com/watch?v=B0fm2lRrEg0
youtube.com/watch?v=GsfAn4ejg1o
youtube.com/watch?v=zDteBSPim3E
youtube.com/watch?v=zy_AQEogQdU
youtube.com/watch?v=04cHGu1y-FE
flickr.com/photos/neptunecanada/5938477648/in/photostream/
youtube.com/watch?v=Y53aBZe4ZIg
youtube.com/watch?v=PvTf2bCQFuw
youtube.com/watch?v=13YlEPwOfmk
youtube.com/watch?v=LvyFPo7Bk1M
youtu.be/CLpskIeobqs?t=116
youtube.com/watch?v=5j4K9X6lc-U
youtube.com/watch?v=Tb7I8vmENrI
youtube.com/watch?v=qWXnt2Z2D1E
youtube.com/watch?v=zigTx34rpsw
comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=31
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=coqoGEOcxAA

Attached: 1552093742790.jpg (688x418, 441K)

Silent Hill 2. Nothing moved fast enough to be scary, not even P.Head

>spooky thing is crawling very fast next to your car
>not ramming the fuck out of the spooky thing and running it over, making it regret ever trying to spook you

Attached: 1563877334147.png (274x301, 16K)

>That one video where the guy triggers it to happen over and over and you see a dozen toddlers running into walls

Attached: JJJ.jpg (195x195, 7K)

beat me to it

I kinda want to edit Wojack into this.

What are some actually scary games

Attached: 1450595498300.jpg (500x600, 79K)

Jerma is a fucking god, when he spammed the baby respawn point I almost fucking pissed myself.

You're no more than the kids who watch PewDiePie

Visage was pretty fuckin scary for being a pt clone.

youtube.com/watch?v=GsfAn4ejg1o

DIOS MIO!

Cringe

>You're no more than the kids
I thought all the Brazilian chimps left after the flag fiasco, guess I was mistaken.

>games doesn’t try to be scary
>it’s horrifying

Attached: 310F3B41-9AD1-475E-AF9A-58157689569B.jpg (1080x1062, 359K)

That's just a methhead, not a forest monster.
youtube.com/watch?v=zDteBSPim3E

>eyes shining

normal humans dont do that.

damn that's fast. rip his feet as well

yes they do you absolute mongoloid

Attached: redeyeexample.jpg (310x176, 8K)

WTF was that?

Attached: skelly.gif (500x370, 948K)

That shit was scary as a kid.
>lean over the couch armrest to stare at cat
>its pupils get huge
>suddenly it leaps

>hurrr eyes don't reflect lighting at all guys

I saw one of those driving through Arizona.

What story or urban legend is the OP monster from?

your mom

LOL

Meth

the rake. it's fanart

Depends on the background light but yes they do.
What do you think camera red eye is?
Red eye is caused by the pupil not dilating fast enough in response to a camera flash when in a low-light environment and reflecting off the back of the eye and produces a shine.
If this dude is off his fucking head on something, which I'm fairly sure he his, then his pupils are gonna be fucking huge and thus let in a shitload of extra light from the car.
I'd say this is plausible if pretty unlikely.

I hate to say it, but ya got me

Attached: joe.jpg (550x512, 70K)

Is this from World of Horror? I hope that game is good, I'm expecting it for PS4

The reason animal eyes reflect like that is because the behind of their retina is reflective in order to reflect the light back into retina, improving low-light vision. Humans do not have that.

yes they do it's just diminished

>yfw

youtube.com/watch?v=zy_AQEogQdU

And I just explained what causes light reflection in human eyes because the back of our eyes are reflective as well. It's just anywhere near as reflective as eyes with tapetum lucidum are.
It's also really fucking bad for our eyes to reflect shit off of them for too long since it means it's being exposed to a hell of a lot of light through an unadjusted pupil.

>hurr it's scary because it threatens life and therefore my own existence!
fucking dumb genre, I swear

Attached: 1564438461289.jpg (387x461, 24K)

one of the dumbest opinions ive ever seen
gz

>Game is scary
>Throws bullshit difficulty at you
>Stops being scary as you get more frustrated

Attached: 1547686481378.gif (352x224, 866K)

>Game is an accurate representation of your life
>Its classified as a horror

Attached: 1563315992819.gif (450x192, 1.99M)

thats like those slendermen find 8 page bullshit type games where they frustrate you so much.

this is like almost every spooky game
cant have enemies that are too easy cause then it becomes a joke so you gotta make some bullshit thats "hard"

Manga can't be scary. Comics can't either. There's nothing spooky about still images.

>images can't be scary

Attached: 1564035786072.jpg (295x171, 10K)

>movie tries to be scary
>retarded protagonists vs immortal badguy

That's not really scary no

People give it flak for helping start all the over-hyped reaction video trends, but I still think Amnesia was a solid horror title with strong atmosphere and some well-paced scares.

Attached: 5a82b1485bafe39f3b0c5ed3.jpg (600x351, 30K)

I'm more referencing the book it came from which was nightmare fuel for any kid unlucky enough to be given it.

You're not going to get a jump-scare or a dramatic music sting out of it, but some can still create a sense of dread if done properly.

Attached: Monster.jpg (750x532, 40K)

You have no imagination. You need a big noise and a fast moving object to activate your lizard brain and make you jump. That's not scary, it's startling. What's scary is what keeps you up at night, what alters your behavior even though you know it's irrational. Most horror games rely too heavily on jump scares, but they're not inherently bad. The problem is that devs confuse what's scary about them. It's the tension leading up to the jump, not the jump itself. The betrayal of expectations that changes the way you play the game, out of fear of it happening again.
youtube.com/watch?v=04cHGu1y-FE

>the guy

Attached: jerm.gif (724x410, 2.41M)

Nevernending nightmares is a good game

Attached: file.png (637x900, 795K)

>horror game has random encounters

Attached: mountain people spooky.jpg (987x475, 226K)

>tfw what could have been

Attached: 2015-09-29_151806-600x522.png (600x522, 362K)

that shit genuinely had me in tears

I can see it now, the game starts with lots of really cool and weird horror concepts, escalates nicely while getting creepier and more interesting, and then just randomly fizzles out partway through without a climax or satisfying ending

It's funny, but man is his reaction ungenuine or what?
>laugh laugh laugh
>look at stream comments - no expression

I will commit Jihad and bomb Konami HQ

Attached: 1556880469753.jpg (640x480, 92K)

I'm fucking dying bros

Attached: 1524182933901.jpg (342x342, 56K)

>when you're pretending to stay mad, but she wants make-up sex

spooky

Darkwood

calm down fat escapist movie review guy.
It's as scary as you are on point about politics in cinema.

Do it. Wojacks can be art too. Those brainlet ones can be pretty creative.

well thats the thing it was like the first one to do it so well it went fucking main stream but i agree. machine for pigs was ass tho

D-did you just repost a YouTube comment? Jesus this site has sunk to a new low.

Did you just stutter? Jesus.

like?

Nah you just bring Ito in for character and monster designs. He's a master of body horror imagery

Im high as fuck and this is just the goddamn funniest thing ever.

>game isn't even trying to be scary
>it is
happens to me every time pretty much. horror movies don't spook me at all but if it's interactive i just lock up. NOT A GOOD SIGN.

Jerma's just autistic

zoomers have lived with red eye correction built into digital photography for so long they have never seen it.

Dead Space1 + 2. It's hard to build tension when:
>the first weapon you get is hands down the best for almost every situation
>you're showered with more than enough ammo/upgrades/health to compensate for any mistake
>ZA WARUDO neuters enemy difficulty and turns fights into a stationary shooting gallery
>Levitation power makes ammo management extremely simple, plus you can use it to cheese any necromorph trying to play dead

That's not to say they aren't fun or don't have great spooky aesthetics, but I wasn't even remotely scared of either after the first hour of DS1.

He seems pretty normal to me. You're probably used to streamers overreacting for the views

I really hate the villain is a cute dead girl who wants to kill people to play with them trope.

>player character gets frustrated as well
>isn't scared anymore, just wants to cut the bullshit

I feel like everyone who circlejerks about how good Junji Ito is hasn't actually read any of his manga or has only read Amigara Fault or something. His artwork is pretty okay,but every single full story of his is either mediocre and boring or laughably bad(Gyo).

Attached: 1505113472975.png (212x172, 23K)

Source?

>game is not scary at all
>scares you anyways
I only know one example of this personally, it's in MGS3 when you transition from first to third when crawling in grass or something, and there's a guard there you missed and he sees you and activates the alarm with that super loud exclamation point.
Startles me every fucking time.

Holy shit. That guys should join the Olypmics

or, you don't get it

That's why a collab with him would be amazing. You keep him away from writing the story and just have him do the designs

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

>manga about farting baloon people and robot sharks
>LOL 2deep4u,fag. You just don't get it xD
okay

Attached: 1506308648474.png (228x239, 25K)

Attached: 1441587337190.jpg (900x653, 129K)

This fucking killed me when I first saw it

I never found Junji Itou scary. He was way too campy for me that I laughed at the absurdity for the most of them.

Doesn't help that one meme of the shark and the door makes me smirk everytime.

not intellectual depth obviously.
Not even depth really, just attuning I would say

>and just have him do the designs
Masahiro Ito > Junji Ito
The first three Silent Hill games already have top tier enemy/creature design, especially 3.

t. reptoids,demons and skinwalkers.
glow in the dark cryptids get off my board

Attached: moujvy71xk921.jpg (640x500, 48K)

Didn't even crack a smile.... why are people saying this is funny? I'm assuming a samefag

>Game isn't supposed to be scary
>It's terrifying

Attached: 1560677119960.png (446x473, 240K)

It's the absurdity of how easily exploitable the "scare" is,

any good UFO games

Attached: 1564977315280.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

>I didn't even crack a smile so this must be unfunny to everyone else too
Imagine being this jaded

idk, i thought it was really gay and not something i'd expected Yea Forums to reply positively to. seeing so many replies on that i thought it was gonna be "go back to rdit" or something.

not the jaded guy btw, third party giving you another perspective

Junji Ito is severely overrated.
>DUDE LOVECRAFT LMAO

Attached: 1490296189590.jpg (217x277, 21K)

Attached: Something-Wrong.jpg (679x1024, 141K)

what the hell is happening at the end there

i'm sorry you're like this.

ito's manga has good climaxes and endings, you're just a zoomie who wants everything to be explained in a genre that is specifically interesting because it leaves you wondering what happened.

>body horror = lovecraft
retard

I think it gets fucked up by currents from the sub's propeller

>two bodies laying face down
>something seemed very wrong.
Gee, you think?

Different strokes for different folks.

I am fascinated by this webm please explain

I don't even know who the faggot in the youtube clip is, and the video isn't funny and the youtuber is not interesting. The worse part is a couple of anons replied as fans of this cancerous faggot looking youtuber. My conclusion is either a samefag or resetera has taken over Yea Forums.

Or, get this, maybe a bunch of people liked something that you didn't. Fucking crazy.

What the fuck?
Why was it a thing that became another thing that then became two things?

>everything i don't like is another sign that resetera is blah blah blah
boohoohoo go the fuck back to /pol/ newshit

>literally "who hurt you"
yeah i'm thinking you're right, samefag AND resetera

Jerma has been getting threads that hit the bump limit for years newfag

is there a game where you get along with appearances and apparent goodwill of certain characters then realize they are psychopaths or there is some kind of cult etc?

I think realization is a good kind of horror but shouldnt be overused I only can recall that house in the strip from new vegas where they eat people and that time in the walking dead telltale games where you reach a "safe home" with a family and they cannibalize one of your group and serve his leg to you for dinner

>Hit spooky thing with your car
>It doesn't die it just lays there twitching
>You turn around to finish it off and notice it was a kid on his bike
>This was its plan all along

What are most horror games, Alex?

Particularly pic related.

Attached: 220px-FEAR_DVD_box_art.jpg (220x308, 22K)

been here for years and never seen this dude's face or heard the name. you probably don't realize how the majority of Yea Forums just ignores minor ecelebshit threads

>game tries to be scary
>it is

Attached: Open_Water_movie.jpg (257x386, 15K)

fuck meant to quote this post

Been here since 05 and never heard of jerma, but he can eat my dick all the same and go to resetera where cancerous unfunny fucks go

Attached: 3B4270BC-72B4-47A1-998E-F902C03DA0CB.png (454x520, 12K)

I liked the balloon heads one

It's a squid of some type. I've never seen one make that strange shape at the start of the webm, but the current of the sub's propeller basically ripped it to shreds.

>blind ghost in fatal frame 1 in that cramped hallway
What on earth were they thinking?

Oh shit that's right by my childhood hometown.

Attached: tfw you realize resetera is invading v.jpg (416x332, 54K)

>It's a squid of some type
I've never seen a squid shape shift like that and I collect squids

just fucking play higurashi no naku koro ni
for fuck's sake just go play higurashi leave this thread right now and go play it. and don't even gimme that fucking "vns aren't games" bullshit you just talked about playing walking dead and that's literally just western-made vn that's fully animated and thus feels more gamelike to you
just fucking go play higurashi! listen to me motherfucker! you will like it it's what you want!

its a escape tactic

Apparently it's an octopus
flickr.com/photos/neptunecanada/5938477648/in/photostream/

Inlander spotted
although I live in an ocean town and go swimming often, I do have incredible fear of the water at times. Like hearing a noise underwater without being able to discern a source

The frustration you feel is the displacement of your deeper fear of what goes on in his stories. You're so focused on how the father might have gotten underneath the supporting pillar, that you miss how impossible it really is and how that's supposed to be terrifying. Could you imagine having to tell people that's how your dad died? It's the same sort of horror that comes from something like the Dyaltov Pass, or whatever happened to DB Cooper.

>user tries to look tough
>Just looks like a jaded waste of skin that isn't fun to be around.

Attached: 1560840453798.gif (400x225, 3.47M)

That moment when it transforms
>BLOOD PATTERN BLUE
>IT'S AN ANGEL!

i like explaining junji itos stories to people who dont get them though. for example the splatter show one where they're trying to eat the nectar without getting "caught." it's just one big metaphor for the existence of mosquitos. he even puts a few scenes where people swat mosquitos right in there, so i don't really get how people miss this one.

No my frustration is that he sets up interesting concepts for stories and then doesn't flesh them out or go anywhere with the concepts, "it's scary because it doesn't go anywhere" is a pretty lame excuse

Jesus christ. I swear I have seen this thread before. This exact thread. With this exact replies. I feel like I've seen it like four or five times tonight. What the fuck is going on. Am I going crazy?

we like to have discreet threads about non-video game related creepy things. that's a Yea Forums classic, even as far back as ten years ago.
christ i need to get the fuck out of here

>it's just one big metaphor for the existence of mosquitos.
How does that make sense? The tree is able to get you no matter where you are, even indoors. If I lose my toe in the jungle and go back to the village, I'm not gonna know that a mosquito is drinking from it.

No I don't mean a similar thread. I mean these exact strings of replies with the same reaction images, videos posts, and everything. I feel like there are other threads as well that are just old repeats. It's like they're being posted by a bot or I'm just insane.

oh shit already spoiled myself ages ago but thanks bro

the most scary thing I can recall in videogames is the giant voids like when you fall from bowser stages in sm64 or when you defeat the last boss in splatoon and some spooky sounds start to play in the background and youre alone in a platform with void below

even if you know how it ends in the finale or anything like that, there's so much shit that happens on the way there that you don't know about unless you literally read an entire summary of the whole thing.

What exactly do you know about the ending? R07’s works are usually misleading.

what about the guy with the mounstrous old lady in the window that wants to visit him

havin a shitty neighbor

Banjo-kazooie gave me night terrors when i was a kid. I would wake up in the middle of the night with a cold sweat from the nightmares. The only way i could get the nightmares to stop is to dump the cartridge the next time the garbage truck came by.

That shit didn't happen with other "scarier" games like say, resident evil or twisted metal IV. But the night terrors happened again with Phantasy Star Online.

Later on life i figured there must've been some detail about the games that deeply unsettled my young mind, like something not being quite right is scarier to me than actual attempts at horror.

The scariest moments in games are the ones where you are given a false sense of security like the apartments in Fatal Frame 3 or Silent Hill 4.

Attached: main-qimg-767fafcfb3ce7616d30d794624b67a02.jpg (602x301, 62K)

>tfw i've actually spilled some amount of semen for this.

This game taught me so much about licensed games and how horrifying they can be.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y53aBZe4ZIg

youre making me thinking about giving it a shot, thanks

from the top of my head
guy goes to rural town where he befriends some girls but things go wild where they serve him a lunch with needles inside and overall creepy stuff he starts fearing for his safety and starts to look for means to defend himself like practicing batting and then he is captured I guess by some kind of organization and then I stopped watching the anime but I read something about time loops and that more crazy shit happens and there was some kind of godess or god making foul play and making things repeat themselves because yeah or maybe Im confusing some stuff with umineko because I watched that one too but I didnt finish either

Bedfellows

Don't know about you but the giant metal shark submarine guy scared the absolute fuck out of me as a kid

yeah, you're fine. you might have the basic gist of how the plot works, but the time looping stuff you'll have picked up on by the second or third entry in the series. you'll still shit plenty of bricks.

In that case, definitely give it a shot. You have a few details right, but nothing near the whole picture.

The metal shark, the goddamn shark in the water on the beach level, the entire mountain being grimy and gloomy, those enemies that had the deep mocking laughter, the way that no one's eyes focused on anything and they were always looking at the distance. mumbo jumbo being a flesh dummy wearing a skull. there's an uncountable number of things wrong with that game that don't have to do with the gameplay.

>When you wake up after the first chapter
That was honestly so well done it took me out of the game. To remove the light switches and rub it in your face is scary but a really good gameplay challenge and a taught

>I collect squids
That sounds like an interesting hobby. Alive? Do you keep them in aquariums or do are they dead specimens? I've heard that octopuses are really hard to keep alive in aquariums, and need a lot of space relative to their size.

Attached: kittykiss.jpg (593x405, 132K)

Machine for Pigs is total pretentious shit for sure. It wasn't developed by the original devs and Frictional Games has proven they can still do good horror with Soma.

>game doesnt try to be scary
>but it is

I'd argue the first two penumbras were almost equal in quality and accessibility. Second one had a dumb sounding ghost character stay with you almost the whole game though, really ruined the mood

He's mostly good for his visuals. The storylines are sometimes alright, but he hits a nice balance of being disgusting and grotesque while not taking it too far, staying accessible to the common horror reader. He's great entry-level horror, if you can get around some of the wonky storytelling and camp.

>complaining about the parody of himself/his own comics that he made

Attached: 1487523474683.jpg (225x224, 12K)

OH GOD MY SIDES

>expecting an explanation of a joke

Attached: 1564943824561.jpg (646x431, 60K)

This has to be a publicity for Prey

I think the same thing happen to me before as well, specifically with that reaction image of Tom from TGT's and a handful of the replies being exactly the same in multiple threads, it was likely some botting, but it still spooked me hard when I noticed.

This image still hurts

Attached: 1526434662680.jpg (400x400, 17K)

source? that shit is dope

these just evoked some long-forgotten childhood fears, its funny looking back though and honestly the artist who made these illustrations is fucking incredible

That was just an image user no one was complaining in that post.

>you miss, swerve off the road and land in a ditch
>spooky thing can now pull you out from the now stationary car

good job idiot

like half of Junji Ito is basically dark comedy masquerading as horror
I love it though

Attached: junji-ito.png (800x1229, 225K)

series is called Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

I just assumed that you were posting it as an example.

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. There's a movie coming out, but it's gonna be shit. Just look at the art and read the vignettes online.
Pretty talented with a pencil

Attached: HIGH-BEAMS-Stephen-Gammell.jpg (970x545, 58K)

Did we all do this as a kid? see a little man running next to the car doing sick tricks over things in his way?

I don't understand why people get so upset about it, it's not like this was some super rare one of a kind drawing. The dude has probably done more sketches of Spike than he can count.

Nope I just wanted to gobble up that user/give him some smooches in jpg form to cure his shit taste. He sounds like the kind of person that listens to music for the lyrics.

I just find his stories entertaining and Tomie is hot

Isn't the movie getting positive reviews so far? I've heard that it used a lot of practical effects

It's horror man, it's supposed to prey on shit you can't understand, make your mind run wild and all that shit, of course it's not gonna be 1-1.

>scripted streamer bullshit
>fake laughing
>checks chat every 10 seconds

I fucking hate this shit so much.

>thing that is not necessary scary scares you off

Attached: underrug.gif (538x677, 194K)

It releases today and if you're the type of retard who pays attention to what critics say in current year, you're beyond salvation.

I've read pretty much everything and I can comfortably say that only his most famous stuff is worth reading. And I would skip Tomie, Gyo holds a special place in my heart though just because sea life scares me.

You've got a point there, but what the reviews are saying has given me a positive outlook. I would just like a good movie.
I remember a book filled with drawings like these with a short caption. What was it called again?

Before this thread gets nuked, someone tell me where I can go to get some good scary story dumps. /x/ used to have regular threads where people would bullshit up their encounters with cryptids and other spooks but now /x/ is just a haven of tumblr wiccans and meme conspiracies

Locations in games like San Andreas were kinda spooky. Even without considering the myths, some places were just so empty feeling like the Johnson's house.

Those fuckers hiding under the cars moved plenty fucking fast

Jerma lol

Going by the Junji Ito stuff that's posted here, he seems like he gets some epic concept in his mind regarding creepy/mysterious imagery and he focuses on what he wants the panels with that imagery to look like. Then he tries to flesh it out with a story around his scare of the week and it always falls flat because it's either unbelievable, poorly conveyed, or falls completely flat at the end.

There are a few stories of him that remain spooky to the end

Its footage of a vampire squid from the nautilus deep sea submersible. they Livestream on youtube its usually nothing, but occasionally they find cool shit

yeah, it really is. His horror is set up like a joke. Especially the balloon head one.

based jerma poster

Attached: 1564863847136.png (216x212, 66K)

>Any 3D game
>Fall through world geometry

>Johan's sticc arms
I could rape him if I wanted to.

>9mm
A marine would know better

Just got back from it. Significantly better than the trailers made it look. For the most part it's just the fun, cheesy kinda spooky, but one part legitimately got to me. Worth the price of admission IMO.

The Mysteries of Harris Burdick

Thanks, user! I've been trying to find it for years

>I didn't laugh so obviously samefag
You are one of the overly cynical faggots ruining this fucking site
Fucking leave

Attached: 1548537325503.webm (1280x720, 119K)

Please respond

Harris Burdick something

youtube.com/watch?v=PvTf2bCQFuw

Nice

>local retard has no taste, news at 11

I'm not sure which shills in this thread are worse; The ones shilling some e-celeb fag, or the ones shilling a terrible movie.

This user already gave it to me, but thanks

Attached: Twirl.png (347x470, 96K)

Thanks for reminding me Junji Ito's No Longer Human is getting an English release in December.

Why is the movie terrible user please explain

nah what I mean is the whole sudden blank expression when reading his comments. It's like when a director yells "cut" and the actor stops crying or whatever and goes back to normal.

When I'm losing my shit laughing at something, I can't just snap back to an expressionless face, then back to laughing. My mirth carries over so i'd be grinning while i look away.

White Day: A Labyrinth Named School

Nice reading comprehension, dipshit. Wrong as in too convenient not wrong as in the obviously bad situation that supposedly happened there.

Uncle Fester?

Seriously, might as well have not mentioned the Marine part.

he can probably kill them all why hes afraid

>see box art in link preview
>immediately flooded with memories of how I lost a couple friends as a kid when I sperged out after I lost in this game
fuck, I haven't thought about it in probably almost 20 years

Inner Shalebridge Cradle. Seriously, those fuckers have fixed patrols and only give themselves away with those flickering lights. The game has to use six layers of ambient to compensate for it being so tame.
Outer was pretty spooky, though, and in the end nothing actually happens. Which is honestly the best part, I'd be scared shitless if the rest of the level was like this, especially during lockpicking.

youtube.com/watch?v=13YlEPwOfmk

Attached: 1534761462045.jpg (500x500, 186K)

Attached: yyJVz.jpg (429x370, 41K)

>mfw refunded that shitshow

Attached: 1381398464022.gif (499x315, 481K)

>trying to not to be scary
>wind up scary anyway

Attached: 34.jpg (2000x2000, 269K)

that just looks fucking goofy

There's nothing shady about magical girl contracts either.

Attached: 230749_199375323432116_100000789506054_454234_5392264_n.jpg (512x512, 18K)

>Second one had a dumb sounding ghost character stay with you almost the whole game though, really ruined the mood

No kidding. It wasn't so bad later on when it pulls some nasty tricks on you, but holy shit was having Danny DeVito as your tulpa for the rest of the game a really weird decision.

Incredbile how Junji Ito has tried literally every single concept as a horror and the most frightening one is still the walking shark

From the thumbnail it looks like he's walking the guy

The skin one was pretty spooky

Amigara Fault is great but for me Uzimaki will forever be his magnum opus. It's also one of his only stories with a strong ending (along with Fault).

This would be funnier without the streamer faggotry.

>game is an emotionally draining, bone-chilling slow burn

Attached: images.png (201x250, 5K)

I wish I had a Tomie gf to obsess over and then cut her in half so I could have two Tomie gf。

Junji Ito isn't sca-
youtube.com/watch?v=LvyFPo7Bk1M

Most of it was exactly what I was expecting but fuck the Pale Lady was pretty spooky.

>Junji Ito? Nah. Now, Masaaki Nakayama is the real master of horror.

Attached: 40663112_271985056771548_7132871120130146304_n.jpg (480x480, 64K)

What the other guys said. Fuck off, newfag.

Explain?

Can someone post crude looking doll on the bed? It looked like some tribal nigga shit it was all brown or black.Pic gave me instant creeps as if it was truly cursed image

Attached: 1565058076462.gif (320x320, 3.13M)

Cowboy Bebop dude drew a sketch on the wall of some Cartoon Network(?) building, and some dipshit drew that stupid face over it.

The website is a CIA honeypot so they got the same threads over and over

That makes no sense. Why would the CIA care about all this shitposting? We're not gathering data on you weirdos

Doesn't it blink or move too? Also didn't people used to disguise gifs as pngs? I never see that prank anymore. Maybe I'm imagining things.

Don't make waves.

Attached: 1467659214563.jpg (434x461, 109K)

based and redpilled

Based retards unable to read and differentiate between fake and real human emotions operating under the guise of cynicism.

>game tries being scary
>but monster design is hilarious
youtu.be/CLpskIeobqs?t=116

Someone who likes to be scared should try being me. They would have a lot of fun since I'm scared by all kinds of shit.
Ravenholm in HL2? Fucking scary, took everything I could muster to even get through.
Beginning of Bioshock? I had to close the game 5 times with days in between to finally actually start the game.
FEAR or similiar actual horror games? Lol, can't even play that.

How fucking badly do you have to fail at making a horror game when you can't even scare Jerma?

Attached: 1430683723312.jpg (578x398, 160K)

My hand was literally shaking the whole time

Attached: Spooky.webm (900x506, 2.92M)

literally any horror game

I've had people tell me they can't get through Stephen King novels, it's so scary they have to put the book down and walk away. Life must be a rollercoaster. I'm glad I can at least enjoy games like Layers of Fear and SOMA.

Literally none of those games are scary.
They all have great atmosphere however.

wow thanks I'm cured

Well horror is all atmosphere after all.

And since the guy you quoted already mentioned it, the Ichthyosaurs were freaky as fuck.

there's literally an enemy that scurries on the ground like an insect at mach speed.

You obviously didn't play on normal and definitely not hard if you think Ammo was abundant

Deserter in the house is fucking top tier

Why are melanin antics so amusing?

Attached: ca5.jpg (704x593, 361K)

you're a pathetic faggot. never forget that in life for you will never touch a girl. just send her bits and clingy messages via stream. lmfao

Jermas a male

Attached: 1564891710818.jpg (599x337, 21K)

>tfw a dozen ghost hands will never grope Ayane like it's Danganronpa

The cure is to stop being a pussy.
It's pretty simple user.

>It'll now haunt you until you go insane
Nice job, faggot.

Minecraft
Bloodborne
Prey

which Prey

Man I love horror but I always get scared by loud noises every single fucking time.

It's probably the remnant of my phobia for loud sounds when I was still a kid. Shit was horrible I tell you.
Lasted until I was 8 or 9 and every time there would be a thunderstorm I'd cry like a little bitch. And yes, I wasn't able to enjoy New Year's or any sort of fireworks show until that phobia subsided.

Shit was horrible.

The best part is how the crying imediately cuts into the demonic screech

Sorry user, hooe u ok now

Welcome to the game 2 is the most scariest probably.

>Im high as fuck
Literally no one cares, tool.

>Let's have the AI follow the player like a ghost from a japanese horror movie :)

cringe

I think animated pngs/jpgs are automatically changed to be gifs when posted.
Pic related is a jpg in my files, for instance.

Attached: 727cb97495e911c7a2dadf64a6674c9d.gif (250x250, 8K)

Based EV Nautilus. I love their videos.

>Outlast's overlong "BWWWM!" trumpet scare chord
Something about how stupidly protracted it was just shattered any sense of tension every time I heard it.

Attached: 1560281831287.jpg (690x720, 77K)

Fuck off. If you have to as k you dotn des rv et k w

I have too, you're not special, faggot.

>game is supposed to be scary
>it's just a game about retarded naked gay penis men trying to get on youtube

user, are you okay?

Yes, people like him for his talent at disturbing imagery. "pretty okay" my ass, the fucker is straight up a genius in this department, that's the thing he's good at, he's just not great at bulding a story around it.
But I don't give a shit, my favorite is the scarecrow one, the story actually started really well done and creepy.

>newer prints of the books replaced the original art with some generic and terrible tame shit
boy I really hope someone got fired for that blunder

Attached: 18loslqrftn50jpg.jpg (1600x900, 117K)

tf is that trash

Probably, considering how they just released a movie based on the original art.

>white people humor

For many years nothing scared me in games until the day I played Mass Effect Andromeda, I shit you not.
>Playing MEA, disappointed as fuck, but I tried to play it as much as I could to criticize the game.
>Playing in Voeld, an ice planet.
>After a few hours on Voeld I get to see this: youtube.com/watch?v=5j4K9X6lc-U
>I'm afraid of the sea and the deep ocean, the black void of the deeps always got me, because In a place like that I would be vulnerable as fuck, and because I imagine the things I could meet in a place like that.
>Is a weird monster, but whatever, I return to the main quest.
>A few hours passes, I'm at the end of a quest, talking to a scientist.
>The scientist has his lab on a cave, in the center of the cave is a big black spot and nothing on top of it.
>I try to dash, jump and dash again to get to the other side of the lab faster (It was a big cave and in big places on the game thats a good way to speed up the character movement)
>I fall in the middle of the black spot.
>Wasn't any floor, it was water.
>I Keep free falling, that place didn't even have water physics, was just a void.
>in an instant I realize I'm falling to the darkest void in the game, to absolute nothingness.
>I remember the big ass lovecraftean monster.
>My heart skip a beat.
>The game take a few seconds after my character is free falling in the void to respawn me on the ground, just before I made the jump.
>I realize this trashy game scared the shit out of me.

Attached: masseffectandromedamonster.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

Where do you thikn you are?

Based Adam.
Agreed

Attached: 1562585831163.gif (280x320, 3.48M)

What the fuck? The only thing Ito did that comes remotely close to Lovecraft is Remina. Have you ever read anything from either one?

Attached: 1542216792565.jpg (225x216, 46K)

Damn this would actually be gnarly. Is this premise from something?

hahaha das rite nigga the white man nigga well he do this but da black man nigga well shit nigga he do this nigga hahahaha nigga hhahhahahaha nigga nigga hahahha

The story about the father's scalp felt like a really dumb Lovecraft story

Hahaha kid hit self so fanny hahha lmaoing so hard omg

>game tries to be scary
>is actually cute

the ocean is the only thing scary enough to transfer its fear into games
god knows how subnautica somehow fucked it up so bad

fuck roaches

Attached: Creature v08 148.jpg (1165x1800, 738K)

Attached: Blink.jpg (1075x1518, 772K)

I WANT A QT ROACH GF

Attached: aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xMzcvMTI5L2kwMi9MT0tJQU9BMjAxNDAxMC5qcGc=.jpg (575x307, 70K)

I am reading Uzumaki for the first time right now. Enjoying it but his stories do feel truncated. Like the hospital part I just finished ends with "and then I left and I don't know what happened there". It should have been a series of stories starring different characters set around the same short period of time. The idea Kirie sees some horrific shit and still goes back to school every day, only to then encounter another horror and go "HOW CAN THIS BE POSSIBLE" is silly. I can only assume she is disabled and has memory problems.

She's more of a fly than a roach

Attached: Cockroach slut.png (1000x1955, 805K)

Attached: I want a momo gf.jpg (935x941, 67K)

Most horror games aren't scary, they all use the same old tricks to scare players. Jumpscares get old pretty quick and require little to no effort to make a game "scary". Men of culture will know that games relying on psychological horror are the only good horror games

I did, though it wasn't some random dude, it was Mario wearing the smw cape

Attached: 69f.jpg (796x464, 27K)

Re7

>game has cute super deformed art style
>scares the dick off you

This is actually a common thing people will do. Some gang of meth heads did something similar to this in my home town and tried abducting somebody

I like his art style and ridiculous characters.
I end up chuckling more than being spooked for sure, but it's still enjoyable and imaginative.
I think my favorite one is Fashion Model.

Attached: johnson.jpg (390x272, 74K)

There's no such thing as animated jpegs you doufus

What game, user?

Attached: Worried Angela.png (503x666, 121K)

>little girl/your mom trying to scary you with some paranormal shit
>you can slow time and one hit enemies with roundkick
>scary

Can't even begin to imagine.

>wants to draw something happening on the character's right, then left
>draws it on the right, then just reverses the drawing hoping no one will notice

This one is fake

Attached: Hisoka Creepy.png (678x763, 694K)

O

Is this the guy that beat Dark souls on stream?

It's a mirror, user

Attached: How come.jpg (870x1248, 335K)

It's a mirror, fucktard.

Stalker series scared me somewhat

I will take Gregory Horror Show for 50.

Please tell me you're just pretending to be retarded.

Attached: 63473884637473.png (735x477, 363K)

Christ, if I ever end up so far down the well of cynicism and autism that I can't successfully detect genuine happiness anymore, I hope I just fucking kill myself.

Attached: HEAVEN'S DOOR.jpg (320x320, 36K)

Doesn't really excuse literally flipping the image. Also I don't know if this was established better on a previous page, but if not, just putting cracks over the image isn't sufficiently clear storytelling.

(that was a gag story)

>game tries being scary
>tries to fuck you instead
youtube.com/watch?v=Tb7I8vmENrI

Attached: po po po po po.jpg (1120x630, 101K)

But it’s a mirror nigga it’s how they work

You can clearly see her looking at a mirror, user. The whole room is flipped, too

Attached: Rats.png (797x501, 453K)

japan cant make horror to save their lives
>ooo spooky girl has her hair over her face

Minecraft can be really unselting at times

yo pass me the corn starch im feeling dat CRUNCH

Japanese horror games are the only genre they are good at, what are you talking about?
No other country has made a decent horror game, if they have, name me one.

>tfw no tall big titty demon lady to suck your dick

Attached: 1565315978967.png (348x322, 221K)

>Doesn't really excuse literally flipping the image
A mirror is just fucking literally that. Just give up and admit you were being a faggot.

Name three works that are intentionally scary.

this shit will not stand

Attached: 1522846100851.gif (480x270, 87K)

It is shaping itself weird to confuse predators. It is obviously fucking working for you.

>ecelebfaggots
So thats why this has all of those (You)s then huh..

Resident Evil 7 in VR almost made me shit myself

Okay, let me ask you this: what is the value of showing the reverse shot right before the mirrored panel? Why not show the edge of the mirror to make it clearer? Why, in the first panel when she is supposed to be approaching the mirror, does she show no indication of moving forward and instead just touches the mirror? Why are there no details on the wall in the establishing shot of the mirror that serve as landmarks for the mirror shot.

This is very poor storytelling.

Well of course not, how can it stand if it doesn't have legs?

Nigga it's one page

if you were driving at even 20 mph and you turned off the road to hit this thing running beside you, you would crash into the woods and die. that thing only has to stop its motion entirely, which it can do much faster than you can swerve to be where you thought it was before it does stop moving.
this articulation is not the clearest but you cant just turn a direct 90 degrees for one and even if you could it would take too much time for you to be where was. it is on hands and feet so moving over or just stopping completely is easy for it

wheres your funny black humor?

Nigga, it's bad storytelling.

the messed it up cause everything in that ocean was an utility for the player or was a clear barrier.
It was all too gamey and identifiable with it's bright colors and distinct shapes.
The general fear people have of the ocean and it's contents is how alien it all is and inhospitable it is to us surface dwellers.

I haven't actually read the story myself, but I would think that the previous pages set up the room better. Additionally, the room flipping and there being cracks should clue you in to there being a mirror

Attached: What happened again.png (802x541, 243K)

Literally what? Rooms don't fucking flip because of mirrors, the room stays the same. Do you think mirrors are fucking magic you stupid weeb?

user, you do know how mirrors work, right?

Attached: 1562257617867.gif (931x682, 426K)

Faggot

The current page still needs more to sell the idea of the mirror. Even if the previous pages are more clear, this page has multiple issues making it unclear, on top of the laziness of reusing art on two panels and just flipping it.

And it should go without saying but this guy isn't me:

sauce on image

Janitor mechanic is retarded, game isn't even scary, it just fucking sucks.

Same as
and and Ane Naru Mono

Attached: Hideous Familiars.png (233x620, 112K)

>you...can't...learn...japanese...

I agree the janitor is annoying and it would be better without him.
The ghosts are genuinely creepy though.

It wouldn't have been silent hill

kek

lol i thought it was a hot women but then it werent

Shut the fuck up white boy

>everyone says game isn't scary
>it is

Attached: 2.png (1600x720, 1.18M)

What's this semen demon called?

>video posted wasnt funny
>hurr durr its autism you must find my eceleb shit funny hurr durr

>run over it
>it goes under the car and disappears

Attached: 1469774688914.jpg (602x709, 94K)

From Beyond the Aquilas Reef, IIRC. From the Love, Death, and Robots series on Netflix.

What chapter is this? The only one I only have up till 25 where I read scans

hahaha, what's the matter not getting enough nutrients from malt liquor and fried chicken?
>how are wypypo responsible for this

dude loud sounds and jumpscares lmao!

You are right, by the way. I am not even sure what purpose the doubling of that image serves.

The one where Yuu and Chiyo look for a rat.

Attached: Yuu-kun is truly kind.jpg (870x1249, 290K)

oh fuck off when the first game came out and no one knew the mechanics or what it was about everyone was shitting themselves, the first game had great ambience and seeing them slowly move through the cameras was genuinely spooky

hahaha congratz man you understood what's supposed to be obvious! I bet your friends at school all like to copy your homework

Attached: 872367238.gif (498x300, 1.56M)

Ultimate custom night was not scary at all, but I love playing it from time to time

minecraft

Cope

>dumb americans don't know how mirrors work

Attached: ROFL.gif (391x365, 890K)

youtube.com/watch?v=qWXnt2Z2D1E
I disagree

Post signs when you know the game is shit:
>Psychological horror

Attached: 1504724995335.jpg (512x512, 61K)

not a game

but it is sick how this dude turned his apartment into some literal hell

18+

anime

this shit is so fucking unnerving holy hell

Did it have a license?

>dead babies running into a wall and screaming
>not funny

Is this the same guy that uploads those videos with the cute dolls?

>scripted
>live stream
Ok

hold hands

>jumpscares
>slow burn
>plot heavy
>too many weapons
>no weapons
>guns
>set or made in japan/any western country
>plainly visible enemies
>invisible enemies
>PC exclusive
>too easy
>too difficult

Obsessed

monster was fucking amazing, watched the anime though, is it a cutdown from the manga? it felt pretty solid

This was my favorite kill in Hatchet

darkwood is scary

yore scary

Pretty sure the originals were banned from print for a period of time and that's why they did it. A bunch of angry soccer moms bitched that their pwecious widdle pumpkins got nightmares from them.

ok but real talk can we admit that the scariest shit in a game is when you're playing something that isnt supposed to be scary or weird or creepy at all and nothing hints at that and then it becomes that?

no this is scary

Attached: 1564231669275.webm (400x400, 1.26M)

>gyo
>laughably bad
Its very intentional user. A story that mentions farting attack dogs being used in biological warfare might not be trying to play it off straight.

lmao

no thats hot

What in the god dang.

Amnesia is scary until you die for the first time then all tension goes away because there's no punishment for dying
Lost in Vivo is supposed to be scary from what I have heard

Junji Ito can't write a story for shit, I'll give you that, but the man artistic ability is legendary.
Even within an mediocre story he'll still manage to produce some genuinely chilling imagery or concepts that will stay imprinted in your mind for a while.

You type like you're a too impressionable 12 year old on his first week on Yea Forums.

You're in a cycle, Rimanah

Attached: 1552061036871.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

it's ok, just go to sleep now

>game tries to scare you
>it actually arouses you

>game tries to arouse you
>horrifies you instead

seriously I did not expect unbirthing tier of fetishes when playing part 3

Attached: 4idck3zv2xwgclrg3tvoh52zs6vduqv7_hq.jpg (560x420, 81K)

no that's a penis

>tell some friends on IRC I'm gonna start playing MGQ
>"lol you should do the challenge, fap to every sex-scene in the game!"
>"what kinda challenge is that? this is a porn game, isn't it the point to fap to scenes?"
I was not prepared.

this is how you should write a horror actually.

It's also porn

Careful, I've heard the percentage has dropped to dangerous levels there

You should check out Europa Report

Cry of Fear and Amnesia are my top choices for cheap/free horror games

Yeah you always know you're in for a bad time when it's a "that" artist episode.

This trope killed the Wii game Calling for me. As soon as the "twist" that the ghost was a sad lonely girl who was just looking for companions was revealed, it stopped being scary and I completely stopped caring about the plot.

the stories and the writing in general is pretty bad but the horror elements are executed well imo

is it because of his hitbox?

>missing guards in MGS

Lol

>I'm afraid of the sea and the deep ocean, the black void of the deeps always got me,
Play Subnautica

Not to mention that in-universe the super intelligent near godlike lovecraftian creatures actually exist thanks to ME3 Leviathan DLC.
MEA is such a wasted potential it's genuinely infuriating.

red eyes is not glowing you absolute powerful master of the autisms in this universe

fucking scary game

Attached: 6j12l.jpg (469x400, 126K)

no, just lonely zoomer children.fear for the next generation.

>scripted bullshit
>fake laughter which is obvious for anybody with 110+ iq
LELZ SO RANDUMB WHY U NO LIEKE THIIIS?

You hardcore closseted dicksuckers should A. get more beat up at school and B go out and interact with people a bit more.

do it

He already did it.

that first dungeon with that THING that walks somewhere on the metal above you.. but you never get to see it.

Really well done.

The dogs barking in the distance.

anything with those invisible stalker things in open air and darkness.

STALKER was made with creepiness in mind user

honestly scarier than 90% of horror games
youtube.com/watch?v=zigTx34rpsw

Is that your mum?

>blocks your path

Attached: 3c7.jpg (680x727, 76K)

WHy are you faggots not known with superior comics from fr? this is all trash tier..

Attached: 1558973463348.jpg (531x800, 437K)

Attached: scary manga.jpg (2048x1456, 599K)

The reveal was slightly lame but the build up to that point was great for what it was.

fuck off aidsnigger, nobody likes your pathetic life or your horrible 'funni videooz', get the fuck outta here cancerjew.

>dying light: the following

do old point and click games count?

NO
FUCKING NO

AH DON WUN IT

Attached: 1477965871249.png (381x617, 332K)

There needs to be more co-op horror games that make you separated from your partner from time to time.

One of those few times where a fetish became too deep in itself and started looking like some sort of esoteric existence only known to dead gods on rotting stars.

Attached: 1474156091148.png (566x420, 112K)

even just text can be scary though

I laffed for 30 secs straight

>Expected some horror manga
>Got porn
I don't know if I should be disappointed or happy

I honestly want to know what is the root cause of the unease this picture is giving me.

Why are you not english?

We've been asking them that for the past millennia

Attached: 557f2bcde5d1a9ea7251877ad20cf03b7e2e25bbb3ecc519f8a688e98f80feee.png (640x400, 55K)

The more I look at it the creepier it gets.

Attached: 5a47d5f2b8359.jpg (554x554, 34K)

Is this the guy who died to pinwheel?

It's the same for any major "cult" horror artist like Lovecraft (lol chtulhu), Poe (lmao the raven), Carpenter (the thing), etc.
People that want to get in this type of stuff just to sound quirky and cool tend to be lazy and just watch whatever the rest is talking about and then just repeat the same analysis his favourite youtuber made
Junji Ito is a great manga artist for people that want to get into a different type of horror and it's not some surface level artist but it's also not some next level shit

It's probably cultural differences, but I find Ito more goofy than scary. I mean, some panels actually look unsettling, but the context is always ridiculous.

I just know that from the trailer so far they did a good job making the monsters look exactly like the art from the books. Which I'm assuming it's mainly guillmero idea to keep it that way since most directors can't adapt for shit

hellstar remina is the most glorious shitshow

Uncanny valley and the ugly wallpaper, probably

>some panels actually look unsettling, but the context is always ridiculous.
That's our Ito.

Attached: 1542852152278.gif (200x200, 9K)

Games literally can't be scary.
The best horror games are made by devs who understand it - horror is not just scares. that's just the moment of release - TENSION is the most important. Those who manage their tension best, deliver the best, ass clenchingly tense atmosphere, even without the cringy moments of release, i.e scares.

Jerma is legitimately an idiot who laughs at his own retarded jokes and you're just projecting super hard about something, you fucking retard.

>tfw vorefag
It was like Heaven
Even more so for the 3 additional vore scene DLC packs

Attached: 1489014447750.png (1456x1312, 1.23M)

i like to believe that hes just trying to emulate the absolute nonsense that is going on in a nightmare
i remember having nightmares that were weird in the same way his comics are

This.
Alien: Isolation drives this point home to the extreme. No forced jumpscares. Just sheer, raw uncertainty induced tension, augmented by godly sound design.

Is she moving her lips what the fuck

Attached: 1446478403250.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

>stops just before at 'comedic moment' to do 'improv'
>HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
wow, colour me entertained... at your pathetic intellect. Wake me when you have evolved from jokes regarding eating your own faeces. Pleb.

Junji Ito admitted that he was literally just considered and that was it. He had 0 fucking input into PT. Kojima is a hack faggot so the game would've sucked dick as is, just look at how bad Death Stranding looks.

Not who you are responding to but you're digging yourself into a hole. Technically what you see happening in that picture is the same thing, cats eyes just do so in the visible spectrum. You can see ours without red eye correction.

>Only now I notice the fucking hands
This picture is literally cursed. Delete this thing.

Attached: 3864633436.jpg (445x503, 36K)

of all the things, it reminds me of a family guy gag that has stephen king trying to sell book ideas to a publisher
but yeah, or probably just want to write about mundane stuff and combines it with a narrative and humor aimed at the shonen demographic

Who is holding her?

Layers of fear makes me mad, like autism mad. It makes me mad that people praise it, anyone enjoying that fucking game makes my god damn blood boil. When P.T. didn’t happen, this game got brought up and people referred to it as the game we didn’t get.

Fuck layers of fear, I wish bodily harm on the fucking devs. Fuck you.

Attached: 57E298C2-31CA-4FE5-BBBE-44B5E0A56C26.gif (900x900, 211K)

>Games literally can't be scary.
I remember a Nurse in SH3 scared the fuck out of me so much I actually dropped the controller, but maybe I'm just a pussy.

How about a game that does both?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

What is this?

lookada flickada wreest

>saw this in the horror section and skipped it thinking it was some survival/disaster flick
should I bother?

comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=31

this happens regularly, some entity literally cuts and pastes threads piece by piece

Chingchong Bingbong Wraith

>Wowzers! this Jerma guy is so funny and earnest just like me!
You ADHD twitch zoomers that internalize overreacted scripts as real human interaction are killing this website.

Have you seen my baby?

Attached: 432523.png (205x246, 8K)

his scripted stuff is better

CRRRRAAAAACCCKKKKK*

>he's doing minecraft lets plays now
lmao wtf

After all these years... This shit still makes me jump whenever I read it. I fucking hate being a pussy

Attached: 5364643.jpg (320x331, 15K)

There's more :)

Herself

>game tries not to be scary
>it is

Attached: 1560351968449.png (188x100, 7K)

Just finished reading it and it wasn't scary at all, is there something I'm not getting?

underrated

This is an industry where everyone is afraid of risk.
Until a game dev with some actual balls comes around, we are going to be seeing the same shit over and over again.

Yea

Fear is subjective and personal

>then it turns out you were the big spook all along
>because you suffer of schizophrenia or some sort of mental condition that gives you hallucinations
>every ''monster'' and spooky location you wen through were actual real people and normal locations
>it was the protag's mind going jackshit retarded after he didn't take his meds anymore

Attached: 1561502326652.jpg (512x564, 41K)

The part where she turns her head with the cracking sounds didn't scare you? Not even a bit? Maybe you don't have a soul or something

here you go

Attached: 7894354763985.jpg (900x1200, 315K)

>turns her head with the cracking sounds
I'm phoneposting at the moment, was this thing supposed to have audio? I just read it like a normal strip

Play the new ice themed one for an accurate recreation

lol. You moron, you ruined everything. The parts where she turns her head and when she runs towards the camera are supposed to be animations, with sound and everything.

>not changing the file extension to .gif for extra laughs

This has to be the case, even the page you posted is pretty fucking hilarious when you really look at it.
>Husband is being crushed to death by the house's support beam
>I'LL CALL THE CARPENTER

>phoneposting
well that explains it

Attached: 1537747555125.gif (400x280, 1.24M)

I agree with you, user. It's the creator being lazy.

Attached: 1561364472211.gif (546x546, 268K)

Darkwood

we are living in a simulation

you missed on a lot of point and click shit

>There's nothing spooky about still images.
How was I supposed to know it was an animation? The point was about still images

GET THE FUCK OUT NEWFAG

It's technically a bunch of still images that autoscroll at a certain point

Like what?
The only one I have played is Scratches and it was pretty good. Not really a horror game though in my opinion.

I'm surprised this guy gets sidelined when talked about in horror manga. I guess it's because he does a lot of scat in his horror manga.

Attached: large (1).jpg (500x704, 64K)

obese

top of my head Harvester, Dark Seed and DS II.

>Unlucky
Those were my favorites and I'm sad as fuck I don't have them anymore, and the original is rare as hell next to the shitty toned down reprint.

reminds me of the Nihilanth

Attached: Nihilanth_model.jpg (634x804, 118K)

>tfw too cowardly for any sort of horror game
I've missed out on life

Attached: 1523737478535.png (421x480, 339K)

Honestly Minecraft. When you venture far from your safe zone into a deep cave with the possibility of getting lost and losing all your stuff. That was actually pretty scary, although I havnt played the game in years and they mightve nerfed that tension in newer updates.