Server restart coming to project1999 in October. Any of you fags playing? What are you rolling...

Server restart coming to project1999 in October. Any of you fags playing? What are you rolling? I've usually played Enchanter, but thinking of maybe rolling Bard.

Attached: 134134123.jpg (640x480, 200K)

bump

You can't bump your own thread anymore, been that way for years now.

wow never knew that.

I played on Daybreak live servers and p1999. I'd be interested in checking out p1999 again for the restart. Daybreak kind of runs a shit show with Krono farmers.

Daybreak's tlp servers aren't even truly era. Higher exp rates, updated zones, modern spell effects (can't kite as a bard), instanced dungeons and raids

Any word on what the green server will actually be? I heard rumors of it actually being new custom maps with EQ's old mechanics.

Attached: EQ000005.jpg (1600x900, 358K)

It's a relaunch, they're following a patch timeline similar to the original EQ release. It's pretty much just vanilla EQ from 1999.

Just reading through the forum, it looked like some sort of progression server that might rollover ever few years.

honestly having done both old era EQ and modern progression, i prefer the TLPs, if only because my guild on Povar had to wait on 6 week rotations in order to fight velious/luclin bosses, whereas the instanced TLP raid content allows for 20+ raid guilds to exist on a server.

I tried playing TLP, and all the modern features were a hard turnoff. The updated zones zones were terrible. I remember spawning into the new Freeport, and the whole Soul/Soulless meme really applied.

there are 0 people in the game that like new Freeport, i feel you on that. Its one of MANY reasons why Prophecy of Ro was the absolute worst expansion in EQ's history. I still dont know how it got approved despite being an expansion after the horribly-received revamp of Nektulos forest, which they revamped a 2nd time to make less shit.

So who's actually playing on Green? Rolling Ogre Shaman and wouldn't mind a duo.

TLP servers are the definition of soulless. Daybreak is such an awful company.

Is this game fun? I just want to fuck around and gain loot and skill and party up and do epic shit till 5 in the morning again.

I'll be playing day 1, rolling either orc or troll.

I'm torn between playing necromancer again or playing an enchanter since I've heard they are fun and well desired. I don't think i've ever gone beyond level 30 even playing way back on live so I'll probably take it more seriously this time around.
I think there's like a 10 minute timer on it actually. either way it's probably one of the worst changes to Yea Forums to this day.

Necros are good for grinding on undead mobs and soloing. I think Enchanters are a better choice for anything else.

I would wait for Iksar to be playable before making a Necro anyway. Go Enchanter.

If I do Necro it will be Dark elf since that was my first character I made to be honest, having a skeleton is always cool.

my first character was an erudite necro but Iksar necros are just so vastly superior that I can't bring myself to create one without waiting for them to be unlocked.

I don't know, again I'm really thinking about trying out an enchanter. I thought about monk or cleric but I feel like monk would be a poor character to start out without another characters funding and I don't know if I'd be able to enjoy cleric.

Try a Shaman

my brother who is way heavier into the game is playing shaman as he did for a long time on p99 and on live as well. I'd like to avoid doubling up like that though he sings the praises of how fun they are a lot.

Shaman/Monk are a great duo, why not play a monk with him?

I guess I could do that. if we are grouping I could just have him hold all the loot

Halfling Druid because I'm a fag and D-A-P won't be in place right away

It's fun, but time consuming. If I go back I'm taking it slow as fuck. Don't have time to commit like I used to. EQ is in my opinion the most immersive MMO ever created. The atmosphere is what makes it great.

>evercrack
No, I'm cool. Maybe if Shadowbane woke up, I'd play that. I'd need a lot of the old clans to show back up, though.

dial-a-port will be in position to sell teleports by day 2 at the worst
t. dial a port member

I won't have the plat to tip anyways. Fresh start = I'm broke and farming pelts.

It's fun, but if you're looking for instant gratification you won't get it here. Even 1-4 takes a few hours if you aren't twinked or getting high level buffs from a friend.

I played Cleric on my first return to p99. It's the definition of spell book staring. Meditate until tank reaches 33%, cast CH, return to meditation. I will say going on adventures deep into dungeons to cast a 90% rez and making bank was good fun.

that rez quest sounds fun but yeah I think I could have more fun twitching as a necromancer than the rest of that.

Are they starting with Kunark or are you SOL if you want to be a lizzy boi for a while?

SOL

RIP. I'm sort of glad to be honest. This will be your one chance to get up a Wizard due to group density.

Gotta wait a year or so to be a based lizardman.

Might try a DE wizard. Root nuke and afk hide to med up. You can get a lot of stuff done in rl during that med time.

Maybe I could try a Wizard out. Server launches 2 months into my semester so I can do work during the meditation period.

That's why I'm going wizard, med time is comfy time to do things with a second monitor.

Porters make bank in classic as well. Even if you switch classes later on you'll have a money maker to fund gear/spells.