Why do morality systems in games usually come down to "choose Dark Side or Light Side"?

Why do morality systems in games usually come down to "choose Dark Side or Light Side"?

Attached: War criminal.jpg (850x1162, 202K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGM-118_Peacekeeper
washingtonpost.com/blogs/she-the-people/wp/2013/11/24/silenced-shame-hungarian-women-remember-wartime-rapes/?noredirect=on
bbc.com/news/magazine-32529679
theguardian.com/books/2002/may/01/news.features11
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because programming morally gray choices is hard

What do you propose, user?

a branching plot a la tactics ogre is far better that a good vs evil moral system

Ironically the best way to do morally grey is to give you nothing but 2 conflicting messages.

>Bless you for saving our crops!
>You just saved our farm, my livelyhood and countless lives in the wasteland I am forever in your debt

>No! Now we’re struck here forever! If I knew yesterday was the last time I ever see sunlight I would’ve killed myself then and there!
>I hate you user Rot in hell.

Mission complete + 100 caps
Now think about what you did...

>War Criminal
They were commies user, technically the children of commies but still commies

What is the context of this image? I am so confused.

>Game has aligment system
>Its either being goody 2 shoes or being edgy for the sake of being edgy

Your post doesn't make any sense

shame that the game is only on PSP and the other versions of it all SUCK

Morality in video games is just a spook anyway.

Honorable veteran opens up an orphanage after the end of the war.

>ywn form an orphanage with your nazi gf for white children

Attached: 1565299165227.jpg (1600x1422, 332K)

I want a nazi war criminal gf.

Can we just all agree that "end justify the means" evil is superior to "i just want to watch the world burn" evil?

Because an in-depth morality system is more effort than it's actually worth and most players aren't going to be interested in it or its intricacies

Commies are the good guys

I prefer the "might is right so if I'm doing anything wrong I would have been stopped by now" school of thought.

You're right, in fact, commies get a free helicopter ride
And a free trip down

Attached: This Machine.png (3000x750, 679K)

If she's cute she gets a pass from me.

Its war, "war crimes" are only a thing for the losing side anyways.

Attached: 1565222372124.jpg (500x382, 39K)

If by that you mean that villain who actually has a reasoning behind his action instead of just being evil for the sake of evil or LOL SO RANDUM then sure.

If she's actually a war criminal, she deserves death. Either by revenge or court justice.

>usually
There is an exception? What is this game called?

Honestly, dark side and light side morality is fun a fuck, especially if it's over the top evil or good. Like having your own exp drained out of you to save people or sacrifice your friends to a skeleton tower of death for info. Sometimes it's just fun to roleplay a do-gooder and feel like a hero.

Because like with all things, the more complicated something is, the more nitpicks and complaints you will get that it's not perfect. Look at Tetris, SIMPLE AS FUCK. Basic. Get the blocks in a straight line. Now how many people bitch and nitpick about Tetris mechanics? Fucking no one, that's who. The more features and mechanics you add, the more bitching and nitpicking you add. The more complicated something is, the more perceived faults there will be with it. This goes double, maybe even triple for story, and even more so for "moral" or "ideological" choices. People in America especially are super charged in that area right now, and even the smallest slight or flaw will cause people to get up in arms and call it Nazi/Jew/Cuck/Left/Right/ect. Propaganda or horribly misguided attempt at X or bad writing and not understanding by Y or something similar. I mean fuck, even when your not making the choice and it's just other characters making a choice in a game and doing anything something complicated, controversial, or not clean black and white, you get a huge fucking uproar, just look at all the Fire Emblem shitposting and Edelgard controversy here for example.

This is fucking retarded. If some fucking bitch murdered your family you shouldn't say "yeah but she was cute so who cares lol" unless you hate them.

Looks like a war criminal desu

the Fire Emblem: Three Houses thread is that way

>expecting logic from an underage edgelord

Your poorly written edgelord VN sucks m8 and it isn't vidya. At least FE is.

>end justify the means
I never understood why it is considered evil to say this, the ends always justify the means, you only don't agree with that when you don't like the specific end.

Attached: peace.jpg (3000x2272, 758K)

I disagree.

>or sacrifice your friends to a skeleton tower of death for info
>friends
He's a duplicitous piece of skull shit that is constantly withholding vital information from you and mocks everyone and everything more often than a living person breathes.

See
Its studied that people who lack empathy have underdeveloped brains. When people say xdd copter rides or bash the fas theyre always retarded

I was just making a joke that that post is very applicable to FE which is still a new game

user is commenting on OP's picture I think.

I dunno man, that's prime Sherilynn Fenn right there.

She didn’t murder anyone, she administered martial justice.

Faggot.

>morality
>war crimes
>good
>deserves

What's the appropriate punishment for her?

wow how original and not cringe

not

Low blow to the only real friend you ever had. The man/(skull) follows you forever regardless of shit you've done. I hope your milk spills and you end up Calcium deficient you skeleton hating piece of shit.

She deserves the rope.

What the fuck is this image? Is this natural or photoshop?

Only to enemy's side.

Nice hate crime, that's a death penalty for ya.

The woman killed the protagonist's brother

Fallout 3 is baby's first satire

>the ends always justify the means
So you think it's impossible for something to be morally wrong if there's an end result? It's morally okay to shoot through 10 children's heads at once if it means accurately testing bullet penetration?

It is not natural, but it isn't a photoshop.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGM-118_Peacekeeper

Does the MC give her the dick?

it actually is original,especially more than your reply

>The man/(skull) follows you forever regardless of shit you've done.
Wow, that heap of lemur fodder retained a single human trait, the capability of experiencing guilt. I'm so astonished by this revelation that I have now completely revised my view of that character.

My brain is plenty developed, you just get used to bad things happening after a while and stop giving a shit about bad things that happen to people who may as well not even exist to you. Any observer to the OP pic would rightfully tell the dumb angst lord to get over his revenge and leave the girl alone and let her tend to some orphans.

Peacekeeper ICBMs.

If that happened I would forgive her and masturbate to the thought of her murdering me too. I don't hate my family.

I mean, don't straw-man the guy for fucks sake, a better example would mean that the bullet penetration would end up saving at least 11 children or something afterwards.

fallout 3 isn't satire

Because morality decisions in real life come down to dark and light. Good and evil. The biggest lie of the postmodern movement is that truth is subjective and evil/good is relative. It fucking isnt.

hugs and kisses

how's it called when you do good things and bad things at the same time? for example, I help this guy rescue his girlfriend from the bandits and he rewards me, but then I go to his house when he's sleeping and steal all of his money/supplies. was it chaotic neutral or was it something else?

>forgiving a mass murderer just because she's a cute girl

... And?

The worst morality systems are the ones that punish you for not strictly sticking to one side, at that point you aren't thinking about what's right or wrong but only picking the same options just to get the rewards

Order and Chaos is neat in vidya
Now post the user with the pedo war mom

That's called being retarded.

Go back to working the fields, peasant.

>murder
she's probably the reason why none of the kids on the pic is black. And as we know Niggers, spics and jews dont count as human.

>giving love to a cute girl who tried her best to save her race
yes, I'm willing to, thank you

Wild card?

Because choosing middle side is what you're doing now and makes for a poor fantasy.

>I dont care, he should just get over it!
Okay user

You have no love for bones I see, orthopedists must hate you. You know you have a skeleton inside you right now? Don't bully the bone, embrace it.

Fuck the kids, the town can find another woman to take care of them.

It's almost harvesting season!

The ends justify the means when it's important enough, killing a person is justifiable in some situations, pretty much everyone agrees with this, the moral debate is whether a specific "end" justifies a specific "mean", the phrase the ends justify the means is morally neutral, not evil.

Attached: 1345599910729.jpg (1230x960, 393K)

Man, SMT IV Final is leaving me with mixed feelings. I always liked that there were no "right" choices, just your beliefs Law is the correct choice, though. Gameplay is great and I have bad enough taste to tolerate Toki and Asahi to some extent, but in the subject of """morality""" the game is making a shit argument to care for anything Dagda has to say, the only reason I would ever have to do what he says is because Id feel edgy or being an asshole for no real reason. Yes, yes, new universe free of gods and demons, but shitting all over the concept of "friendship" doesnt work when every step my party takes they are becoming stronger together and succeeding because of their bonds and support they give each other.

Attached: Gaston is based.jpg (400x240, 40K)

Based Schizo Poster.

why are high socks so fucking cute and sexy at the same time?

She isn't hanging niggers.

Why?

He did say always, to be fair.

the psp emulates well even on a toaster

Who the fuck let’s their child go roller skating when there’s soldiers around?

that's fucking stupid. Scapegoating the inconvenient for some perceived greater good is just socially beneficial theft and murder.

Why not?

>be Hitler
>kill and slaughter your fellow white man for oligarchs at Krupp.
>allow communism rise and fracture the capitalist, nationalistic western world
>Bring forth conflict that ends our monopoly of force on the 3rd world
Then, 70 years later some fat mulatto yells on Yea Forums that if Hitler had won there wouldnt be jooz, greasers, wasps or niggers.

Attached: 1565133009640.png (701x633, 279K)

>implying Nu Vegas did morally grey right

The Irish

>commit unspeakable atrocities
>spend 10 minutes grinding basic good deeds like giving people water
>"user you're a pinnacle of our community :)!"
there is not a good way to do morality systems.

this is some next level epic retard shit, holy fuck

imagine being a sex starved soldier and this girl skates to you and says "hello mister mommy said I should thank you for saving us". You look at your fellow soldiers and their nod their heads. You all take her to the truck and use her as your personal fleshlight for hours. After you're all done she smiles at you saying "don't forget about me on your way back mister"

the gun is from Fallout New Vegas you retard

>sends her soldiers to certain death and tortures and shoots civilians

Yea Forums will defend this

Attached: 1542255553651.jpg (850x1235, 223K)

Read up

washingtonpost.com/blogs/she-the-people/wp/2013/11/24/silenced-shame-hungarian-women-remember-wartime-rapes/?noredirect=on

bbc.com/news/magazine-32529679

theguardian.com/books/2002/may/01/news.features11

In games with a bad morality system (sorry, SMT) that means being "Neutral"

>BUT DUDE SHES HOT

It is, Hitler was a fucking failure and has ruined everything.

But dude she's hot.

Let me impregnate her and then she can do what she wants to me

>same scar
>same haircut
is she for real. people hav e done more to hide from holobunga bounty hunters

I know, she doesn't even have a gun!

Attached: 1351017478306.jpg (640x850, 302K)

Nice mommy.

The only way to do a good morality system would be to divorce it completely from the creators/writers' own morality, with each line of decisions being its own bubble where the context is more important. Ironically something like Free Cities does it well. You can have your city be a feminist utopia of liberated free-loving women, or you can force your slaves into gloryholes with their limbs hacked off, and the game seldom makes judgement calls either way.

What about "making" more soldiers and civilians to compensate?

Attached: 1372375916455.png (402x402, 231K)

The problem with the "ends justify the means" philosophy is that it can easily be used to manipulate idiots into doing dumb shit that won't result in an end that any sane person would want, see also fucking mudslimes, a perfect example of retards who follow that train of thought.

Baby's second satire

I want to marry a war criminal!