Attached: excites.png (256x256, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rLSa-WNhGPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=o8fVoScuLg4
youtube.com/watch?v=Z2a8Q5vdcRs
youtube.com/watch?v=Gjuji9C50HA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No PS4 no buy

Any news on a higher difficulty setting? I've been getting the itch to start up grandia redux again, but won't if this is coming soon.

>No PS4 no buy

Attached: soy48.png (384x293, 17K)

Correct

none that i've heard of.
y'know I'm not actually sure what they're promising for it. Should probably do some digging.

I'll just stick with the Saturn version.

Attached: GRANDIA_2-0002.png (352x240, 66K)

youtube.com/watch?v=rLSa-WNhGPQ

>all those missing sound effects
>voice switching between english and japanese mid battle

Jesus Christ

The voice switching is due to the fact that in the original game the file that holds the battle voices is the same file that holds the Battle Menu graphics. So if you just swap the file for Japanese voices you'll also get Japanese battle menu graphics.

The current undub patch went that route as they felt Japanese voices was more important than English battle graphics. It seems for the HD collection those developers felt English Battle graphics were more important.

Granted the correct solution is to make a hybrid file that has Japanese voices + English battle graphics, but that would require some actual effort. For a Romhacker making an undub patch I don't expect that out of them, but for the actual developers with the source code and assets, it's a bit silly and unacceptable.

In the thread last night an user linked the latest undub, which is almost perfect (for a US PS1 .bin image).
It still has some grunts in the original US audio, but it's pretty damn usable compared to the previous 'partial undub'. It also has subs for the FMV parts.

Yes, but it still does have the issue of Japanese text showing up in the battle menus.

Wait, really?

I'd heard it was coming, then radio silence. I'm happy if it's almost here, I thought the project was dead.

hundred million degrees take that

Yeah it's actually almost here.
I'm really hoping they'll be able to deliver proper.

damn its switch only?

Ah, I see it's the Switch date. Any news on PC?

I was playing the game on my PS3 but had to travel and couldn't bring it with me. I'd love to be able to pop it up on my laptop.

So, why aren't Grandia Extreme and Grandia III in this collection?

Grandia Xtreme HD when?

I don't get the vibe of HD remasters for very old games. From late PS2 onwards, it makes sense, but HD just looks wrong on this kind of graphics.

Yeah, in case of G1 calling it "HD" is flat-out lying. It's just an emulator-tier smear filter.

nope, no date on the steam reelease yet.

True, plus it looks so chiselled and flashy compared to pastel tones and blurry finishes from the original that it looks out of place, even anachronistic.

Oh well, I'll just keep waiting.

Honestly, why would people do anything but emulate it on EPSXE is beyond me. They are billions of tutorial and best config for that game all over the net. It's been the case since what ? 2004 ?

Or play the Saturn version.

Never played the first one. Loved Grandia 2 Rip Mareg on the moon

Best version is emulation.

Never tried it out. Is it better than PSX ? I never used a saturn before, so I wouldn't know the specs or what it can actually do.

When indeed. Best battle themes in the series

youtube.com/watch?v=o8fVoScuLg4

Because they're not the ones that everyone talks about and define the series

I love playing a good classic JRPG and I never played this series. What’s special about it? I’m probably gonna buy this because people have always talked about it but I’m completely blind desu.

Fuck I just got FE cause I thought this would be out by the end of the year.

Functionally speaking the turn-based combat's kind of interesting, in that everyone and their actions are scaled on a time gauge, which means careful planning can interrupt your enemy's attacks or leave your party members as sitting ducks. The big thing about Grandia 1 and 2 was honestly the story and charm, G1 was a grand adventure that was very 90's anime with tongue firmly in cheek and kind of like a sister series to Lunar in that respect. G2 on the other hand was a deconstructive-reconstructive romp of ham and cheese, and the english dub had Cam Clarke voicing an asshole protagonist, so fun times all around.

I'm just here to say I'm happy the series is still being kept alive in some capacity though I would have preferred they do a far better job and release the later ones that never got much attention and also Feena is my girlfriend and wife.

The Saturn version is the original version. In General it looks and runs better as the game is designed around the Saturn's strengths.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z2a8Q5vdcRs
youtube.com/watch?v=Gjuji9C50HA

sex with feena

>biliear filtered sprites
no thank you

I'd have bought it if the Grandia remaster was worth shit.

>already half-assed version of the PS1 original instead of the superior Saturn version, didn't even try to fix the assets or rendering or anything and just upscaled things while botching the audio on-par with fanhackers
>Grandia 2 is just straight up the Anniversary Edition on PC with the dynamic environment shadows that actually kinda look ugly and the game wasn't intended for
though admittedly I don't know what problems the Anniversary Edition had

The Japanese audio glitch is just pathetic. This should be their top priority after announcing the dual audio as a feature.

The chances of them patching this shit out are 0 right? Might as well just emulate the Saturn version then.

I'm not saying Gadwin could fuck your day up but Gaea and Baal would have eaten shit if we could trade Rapp for Gadwin.