Play Breath of Fire

Play Breath of Fire.

Attached: whoa.gif (500x430, 276K)

>no blue pubes

I really enjoyed 4 though, fun ass game.

Already did, one of my favourite jrpg of the ps1 era, the story and atmosphere were top notch

Good job.

Replay BoF 3 on my ps2.

Replay Dragon Quarter

I've always intended to, it's been on my to play list forever. Same with the DQ series.

Japanese """"""""""humour""""""""""

Attached: 1563505307453.jpg (705x1086, 261K)

Thinking about it. After I replay 4. 5 has always been the black sheep. I'm hopin I'm so far removed from its launch 20 years ago that maybe can see it in a new light.

Attached: Did nothin wrong.jpg (768x1024, 136K)

>Yuna was meant to be killed during a boss battle in the storyline, but it was cut due to time constraints and the script was left out of the final product.

Fucking Capcom

Yuna's survival makes you sympathize with Fou-Lu's misanthropy more. I think it's good that Yuna survived in a thematic sense. It shows that by saving mankind, you are also saving the trash like Yuna.

Which breath of fire is this? I enjoyed bof2

When Ifirst played bof4 when it came out, i reached the final boss at night and hadntomsleep, school next day. but you could steal from him... soi kept the ps1 running at night, tried morning again, still no successful steal. i kept it running for school and put a towel on it to hide the green light, so parets wont notice (no privacy for me). when i came back from school the game crashed and the ps1 was hot as fuck.
never made that fight, never completed bof4 till today. i quit last month before the fight.

>when she sneaks in the extra peek

Attached: 1494127567683.jpg (219x219, 7K)

i only played 3 and always liked scias and i'm not even a furry

Attached: BoFIV_SciasArtwork.png (250x385, 75K)

Ryu sure likes being naked.

Attached: bof3 ryu.png (80x48, 1K)

Why did it die bros?

Makes the game better. Though you'll obvious be angry about him being alive.

Because capcom.

How do u rank this among other JRPGs? I’m willing to try anything out and this one does look interesting.

>Western sword in concept art

triggers my autism, Scias is a samurai

-Higher encounter rates than Dragon Quest
-Minigames
+Most likeable party members of any JRPG franchise
+Music
+Turning into a dragon and fucking shit up

oh fuck i just noticed. i'm always in fear of threads 404'ing so i just picked it up quick. always thought his end game sprite was dope especially running

It's pretty standard but starting from 2, every game has at least one unique gameplay element.
2 has shamans which allow characters to completely change their appearance.
3 has learning and a fairly high number of dragon transformations.
4 has character switching in combat and combos.
5 is a bit too out there to describe in a simple manner.

I honestly think this is nearly the perfect jrpg, the only flaw I seriously have with it is the difficulty is far too low. What really sucks os that the combat system is genuinely deep and interesting, you just never really need to explore it though due to low difficulty.

Go back to your The Good Boy's Club shill thread.

>Wanting to see blue boy pubes
That's kinda gay.

>How do u rank this among other JRPGs

As someone whos been playing jrpgs since 20 years ago I can easily say the PS1 had the best ones. Breath of Fire series being at top 10, maybe top 5.
If you play I recommend you start at the very first like a proper patrician.
Or if you want to see the best first then play either BoF3 or 4. I rank them both pretty equally, with 4 a bit higher due to the superior plot.
Thats pretty much where the series ends.
I tried playing BoF5 but its so different I dont even consider the same series.

I have played all of them but DQ but I heard problems about DQ

There are no problems with dq

DQ is good but aa completely different style of game. Think survival horror meets jrpgs, in terms of mechanics that is.

1 or 2?

SNES or GBA?

1 - GBA
2 - SNES with re-translation patch

2. 1 is optional in my opinion, you get a bit of lore out of it but it really is Capcom trying to make an RPG for the first time and not being very good at it.

The retranslation is a meme

And I imagine BoF3 is good too if I enjoy the second one?

DQ haters are upset that it doesn't pander to their nostalgia, even though they should have already clued in to the changing momentum of the series in 4.

III and IV are generally regarded as the best. II is good but plagued by some annoying design choices and bad balance. Stay away from the original English version, it is unironically a contender for the worst official game localization ever made. I is pretty dull honestly, it's not awful but not great.

I love dq, it is very well my favorite rpg of all time.

Something about the atmosphere, Ryus choices, his personality everything about this game is great.

Usually Yea Forums says III is the best, not sure where those posters are today

>durr its another episode of gooks attack easy target catholocism again
cringe and bluepilled tbqhdesu

I've tried to. Beat 1 and 2 - hated the latter. Couldn't bring myself to finish either 3 or 4.

That's only BoF2--not that it matters because you post this bait in every JRPG thread.

>II is good but plagued by some annoying design choices and bad balance.
I'd say it's straight up bad because of those things. That game is a great of example of good ideas on paper being ruined by shoddy execution. The way the game handles its town building and fusion mechanics is so disappointing.

>ruined

BoFII is playable as fuck and I enjoyed the hell of it when I got it on GBA. People judge it too harshly because it was released on the SNES, even though production started before Capcom had time to learn from Chrono Trigger or FFVI.

Ursula is lovely

Attached: Bof4-ursula2.jpg (800x530, 90K)

what are other jrpgs with settings as good as the Bof series that are just a joy to explore
I liked dragon quarter

BoFIV had a good cast.

I finished 3 this year and it was pretty good, but I felt like I missed a lot of stuff from tutors. Doubt I will play the others though since it didn't blow me away or anything.

Breath of Fire 2 is one of my favorite RPGs. Worth redoing for the fan translation?

Attached: 152536235734683686.jpg (1024x1024, 424K)

Why the GBA version? For 1