PLAY PATHFINDER KINGMAKER

PLAY PATHFINDER KINGMAKER
TAKE THE FEY REDPILL

Attached: pf enhanced.jpg (1920x1080, 883K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f2cM_-9EuHc
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5609399
instaud.io/3RYc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I keep trying to start a game and keep trailing off into anything more fun. Its just soooo slow and tedious for so little pay off. Original sin 2 was better in juust about every way.

Sorry, I'm having a threesome with the tiefling sisters.

GOOD
DEADLY EARTH ALL THE FEY

Attached: pf tiefling waifu2.png (1280x800, 583K)

Do not fuck Fey, you degenerate traitor to humanity.

Attached: 1559127830538.png (695x900, 942K)

Based and teiflingpilled

Attached: 1543822758075.png (900x507, 498K)

What do you think the fey redpill is?

Attached: Braaped King.jpg (1920x1080, 656K)

I prefer to use simple, succinct terms, like 'Gas the Fey'.

Attached: 1560940793029.png (1920x1080, 2.75M)

Just got to the kingdom portion of the game. Any tips for the kingdom making?

Is this game worth playing even if you have no experience with tabletop?

It's no different than playing any other western RPG. I've never played tabletop and it's fine.

Cheers.

Generally for kindgom management, you want to do 3 things:
>Claim regions as fast as possible
> Raise your primary stats to rank 3, stat 60 to unlock advisors
>Try to solve events (problems first, opportunities later) to keep raising you stats, and hit certain thresholds

The tangible effects of kingdom management mostly come from doing rank up events. Like for example going from Military 1 to 2 when the stat hits 20. It's also the element that gives you a chance to further roleplay.

So your goal when you build cities is to first raise the stats that unlock extra advisors (Military, community, Loyalty, Divine and then Relations) and then then to raise stats so you hit rank up events in general.

So first, in your towns, you will do a basic longhouse-tavern-barracks-shrine combo to raise the core stats (as well as watchtowers and walls). When you unlock advisors and get more villages/towns, you can try to be more diverse.
If you are lawful, build bulletin boards that give a boost in resolving events.

The second important aspect is your BP flow. While economy does not unlock advisors, it determines BP per turn and maximum BP you can earn.Mostof the BP will be purchased manually with gold you earn in your adventures selling loot,but having more income helps.

3d important point: whenever you build a new village, visit it immediately to meet an Artisan (though they may visit you). If you do their quests, they will give you every few months unique items that can be quite powerful or source for money). You have to build them a workshop in the corresponding village, so always leave at least two spots open in every village.

Finally, the reason you leave two spots open: When you upgrade your capital into a town and have a high arcane rank, you can Build a magic tower. you can now build Teleportation circles in your villages. That way, insead of manually traveling, you can pop from village to village. Saves a lot of time, especially for visiting artisans

I have never played a PnP campaign in my life and have played most CRPGs of note. While I can see how it may have extra appeal (or be an extra source of frustration), it is not necessary)

Dare you face the god of "it's just a prank bro look there's a camera"?

Yes. Mano a mano.

Attached: solo.jpg (876x460, 71K)

Well, dare you?

Attached: EVERYTHING ENDS.webm (1400x786, 2.85M)

I saw this as an add on Facebook and assumed it was yet another mobage cashgrab. Is it actually good? the name's retarded as hell tho.

>swift action 50 foot burst mass dispell, wail of banshee, mass disintegrate and mass crushing despair
>From a lv20+ caster with monk defenses

It seems ridiculous when I type it.

It's by far the best cRPG since BG2.
Nevermind it's unironically bigger than the entire BG saga and certainly any other cRPG in history, which is quite a feat for >current year.
Thankfully the devs are soulful slavs which explains it.

Well, he is a god

Attached: Owlcat diversity.jpg (1200x900, 209K)

>the name's retarded as hell tho.
How so?

I am. Playing Monster Tactician. It's meh. Unlocked the kingdom and now everything is ramming my asshole wherever I got.

Monster Tactician can be fun but I prefer Sacred Huntsmaster as Inquisitor.

Attached: This is fine.jpg (1920x1080, 262K)

Get your ass to Pitax niggy

>neutral evil with true neutral motto
>Citizens rioting

What a fuck-up

Attached: 1548087186261.jpg (1341x350, 101K)

Attached: pf jewb.png (800x600, 123K)

>crazed hobo you meet in the very beginning of the game is actually the strongest opponent in all of the game
THE DOOMSAYER

Oh yes, the time has come.
The time of Fate, and CURSES
youtube.com/watch?v=f2cM_-9EuHc

>cRPG
>true final boss has actually 4 different phases
>each with its own unique appearance and abilities
>you have actually met all of them unknowingly before
>each form also has its own unique battle theme
>the entire hours long true final chapter sequence is actually optional
>you get to meet npcs that you possibly helped dozens of hours and chapters ago again, some even from random map areas
>they all return to assist you when everything has gone to shit
>you can either get buffed or debuffed depending on how you win the dialogue checks before the last phase, some based on skills and others on your very own alignment and how well you developed certain aspects of your kingdom
Slav devs are truly the last bastion of hope for RPGs in current year.

Attached: The Final March.webm (900x588, 2.71M)

First playthrough, where there was no extra XP and your party was level 17, and you likely did not find every broken combo available, it was a pretty hard fight.

Attached: theboss.png (986x1069, 522K)

>>you can either get buffed or debuffed depending on how you win the dialogue checks before the last phase
Pure Kino

Attached: iocanecup.jpg (1920x1080, 579K)

Why didn't you pick her?

Attached: centipede companion.jpg (627x819, 207K)

No Trox. No buy.

Because the only pet that is worse is the monitor lizard

>he STILL doesn't know

Attached: herb chest.webm (1280x720, 2.15M)

Why isn't it turn based? I want to play it but fuck "real time" combat in CRPGs.

There is actually a turn based mod that's even better implemented than Deadfire

Nice, I thought there wasn't any. Thanks user, I'll check it out.

>not having trolls fighting for you

does it run better now?

Yes and Kingdom loading is bretty fast to boot now.

>being a borba

Attached: pf harrim sip.png (765x592, 287K)

Whats the best class for a beginner?

>Load up Pathfinder
>Monk requires lawful
>Uninstall

Dumb as hell

That's the case for DnD systems, unfortunately

Anything but sorcerer, I guess

Is there a point in going normal Magus over Scion?
It seems Scion basically gains all the bloodline passives for free and doesn't lose out on anything at all.

Unhappyness is caused by one or more of your kindgom stats being too low. Don't neglect any of them.

If this game is so good how come threads on Yea Forums die so quick?

Sorry, I'd rather play Pillars of Eternity!

Attached: file.png (800x601, 691K)

>engine: unity
Aaaaaaand dropped.

I did play it. It was a welcome way to wash out the bad aftertaste of the dullest rpg of all time. Each attempt Obsidian makes to create their own universe rather than simply deconstruct a setting made by others, has been more disastrous than the last. Aside from the outdated gameplay and lifeless cities, Pillars of Eternity's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of combat mechanics, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Sawyer vetoed the idea of making anything at all innovative or original; he made sure the game would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable nostalgia pandering to ageing Baldur's Gate fans. Pillars of Eternity might be anti-casual(or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Divinity series in its refusal of spontaneity, fun and excitement.

>a-at least the writing was good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the narrative was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I engaged in dialogue with an NPC the game presented me with a Wiki-page style infodump instead of anything resembling actual human conversation.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sawyer's mind is so governed by obsession with pointless minutiae of the lore that he has no other style of writing.

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Pillars of Eternity by the same David Gaider. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kiddies are playing Obsidian games at 17 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to enjoy Dragon Age II." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Pillars of Eternity" you are, in fact, trained to shill for Bioware.

Attached: 1536155212687.jpg (750x1000, 159K)

How is that, anyway?

fucking why
they literally couldn't choose worse engine

Attached: 1447775136402.gif (393x561, 1.55M)

Isn't it free?

Valerie IS my CUTE wife anons! You SHOULD play Pathfinder Kingmaker AND romance Valerie anons! (You should! You should!)

Attached: Valerie.jpg (702x700, 123K)

why the hell is there a lack of gloves,boots and accessories in this game? there's like 4-6 choices that are actually somewhat useful

They don't have playable amurrun.

Attached: db62c93864649cb1495df090f5ab06df.jpg (736x896, 56K)

This game runs like ass

What!

so how do they keep their tails clean when they shit? do they raise it high like dogs?

how the fuck do you use these bitches? their dmg is such shit

I do NOT know user I do NOT play this game BUT Deadly Earth user DID say you SHOULD use Deadly Earth user!

Attached: Tieflings.jpg (1550x490, 177K)

user...

Attached: Kineticist Balance.png (1920x1080, 3.07M)

That's a very sexist looking company.

Do you get to fuck the halfling chick yet? If so, i'mma head over to whatever storefront has it posthaste.

Linzi IS a GOOD friend user BUT Linzi is NOT a wife user BUT you CAN wife Valerie user! (You can! You can!)

Attached: Pretty Valerie.jpg (719x720, 239K)

get your tall ass away from me. I want a shortstack, not some amazon whore.

not being able to repick low level spells on sorc level up sucks

You want short wife! I give you short wife!

Attached: Aida.png (350x526, 289K)

It's pretty good but the endgame is a pile of ass.

It's larger in scope than BG2 that you actually feel like you're in some grand adventure.
The downside is that the plot demands you take on quests even as a leader so it takes you out a bit from immersion, and companions are very limited compared to BG2.

>pathfinder

Slayer, I guess.
You just click on something and look at it go.
Go pure Slayer though, all of the archetypes suck balls.

Pillars 1 is serviceable. Has some well written characters.

i want a short cutie, not a feminist WoW dwarf.

gamebryo is worse by a good margin, so are dozens of others. Unity is as good as the dev using it.

They don't have all the character options that kineticists can pick in the tabletop game to maximize their damage, but they can still be built into nasty stuff. Burn isn't a pain in the ass like it is in the tabletop, either.

Who had the best lover end and why is it Jae?

Give ME Valerie!

Attached: Cute Valerie.jpg (1000x760, 159K)

Name 1 that isn't Eder.

based i miss you bro

I like Eder and Durance.
Hiravias was a bit funny while Aloth was supposed to be interesting but his sidequest just ended abruptly.
Grieving Mama seems interesting but it feels like there's supposed to be more, and it shows specially when Avellone revealed her cut content.
I didn't play the expansion.

I heard someone said that companions are shit. I didn't have a blast with them at first but i really warmed up to them through the game.

What is it about?
I have played pathfinder, is it good?

>Original sin 2
>forced to play as a sorcerer
nice """"role playing"""" game

Original Sin 2 isn't a crpg tho, zoomer.

Thank YOU user! You ARE a GOOD user!

why do you type like a faggot? genuinely curious.

Can I make a super tank/shield user? Don't care if it's good or not, just more if its an option. Like Dwarven Defender in Neverwinter Nights and eventually BG.

>Can I make a super tank/shield user?
You should.

I am NOT gay BUT gay IS okay user! (It is! It is!)

Attached: Tristian.jpg (639x1022, 116K)

Yes
You even get a dedicated party member like that

Filter for this faggot
/^[^>].*[A-Z]{2,} ([A-Z']?[a-zI']+ )+[A-Z]{2,}( (\w+|'))*\!\)?/m
/\! [A-Z]((\w|'|\d)* )*\w*\!\)?$/
/\((.*\!) ?\1\)/
/^(>>\d{5,10}\n)*.*[A-Z]{2,}.*\!$/

just answer the question dude.

Valerie user posts like that because of Jamandi. I know this because I am Valerie user scholar.

Everyone I've talked to has said the time limits have fucked them over or completely ruined their save file. Is there a mod to remove the timers?
>inb4 some autistic os2 nigger screeches that you should rush a crpg, not take your time or some dumb shit like that.

I played it and it was boring.

I have absolutely no idea how you can miss the time limits in Pathfinder, unless you spend months at a time managing your barony. There is also an option that makes your kingdom invincible, so the only quests with time limits are the first chapter and your companion quests.

I'll get around to it. It's on my radar.
There's just so many crpgs and they're all so fucking long.

Already did multiple full run through of the game. Clocked in a bit over 300 hours of it. Probably my favorite CRPGs in years.

If you DO play introduction OF Pathfinder Kingmaker AND you DO ask mommy Jamandi question she WILL say now if I could PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTION user AND if you DO ask OTHER question she WILL say even those who JUST GOT LUCKY user AND it DOES give me GREAT soreness FROM mommy emphasis voice! (It does! It does!)

Attached: Mommy Jamandi.png (692x1024, 568K)

What are your other favorite cRPGs?

You got enough time, people are just butthurt because they can't max every kingdom stat to 10 first before doing everything else.

I'll list a few and why I like them:
>Age of Decadence
Extremely focused concept, executed exactly what it set out to do. Classic feel. Allows one to solve problems in any way they see fit.
>Pathfinder Kingmaker
Sheer scope of the game, faithfulness to the pathfinder ruleset, good difficulty curve.
>Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition
It's Neverwinter Nights.
>Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Recently came to steam. Love the world, fantastic scope and interesting story overall.
>Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition
It's Planescape: Torment

That's some solid list.

Good list aside from PS:T

>PATHFINDER
so is this shit as AIDS-tier as the TTRPG?

It's the best crpg in the past few years

Really thinking about playing this but I've read a few people say that the game makes you track silly distances over maps for no reason, also you sometimes go to an area where you need a specific item, spell etc or you literally cannot beat the enemies there? Lastly some guy had a status effect that meant he couldn't do anything at all, no one in his party had the spell or item to cure it, is this common?

Tabletop Pathfinder is 99% AIDS because of the playerbase.

Still, it's a little more AIDSy than previous DnD type games. A tad.

As long as you don't keep focusing solely on either kingdom management or exploration the timers really aren't a problem. Just focus on the main quests whenever something comes up and don't go back and forth wasting time on every little thing.

>go distances for no reason
They all have reasons in quest form
>need a specific item, spell, etc
The game does do this and is actually immersive.
It's not like the game does this for no reason at all, and in fact the game gives tutorials and NPCs even warn you before sending you to those places.

CRPGs are not comparable to the tabletop variant in anything except the setting

>Lastly some guy had a status effect that meant he couldn't do anything at all, no one in his party had the spell or item to cure it, is this common?
Sounds more like the guy never played a crpg before and got soft locked because he's retarded.

I'm actually playing it right now. I hope they'll release a mapmaker so we could get user adventures

There are mods to speed up the travel so you have more time left over

Kingdom management always kills my playthroughs. I'll never finish this shit game

How does one make a killer paladin?

Are there any good two handed swords? I want to cleave and smite.

Attached: Agrias Motherfucking Oakes.jpg (1000x1100, 619K)

That's the best thing actually game will give a reason to learn classes abilities spells and rules in general so you could grasp many methods to deal with different problems.
There is some annoying thing in the game but mods solves everything. And believe me, you should check nexus after few hours.

Not likely, i think they are working on pathfinder 2 right now.
Also it really bugged me that this game have mixed recent reviews in steam, people should consider this game more.

Agrias IS a CUTE knight wife user! (She is! She is!)

I really liked this game but god damn did it fall apart near the end.
You are basically required to romance the big bad, if you don't the ending feels extremely hollow and unpersonal.

Also, the kingdom management never truly matters since you never get to solve problems with your kingdom. Everytime something happens YOU have to solve it. You don't get to invade Pitax with your 10 military score, you have to lead your hitsquad personally to kill their king.

You also never see how your kingdom develops. Sometimes you are told, but never shown.

I'd honestly have preferred it if they'd made a smaller story first with a focus on adapting Pathfinder to the CRPG format. Then they could focus a lot more on the kingdom management.

Also as a last point, the interaction with your companions is extremely limited. You get to converse with your companions like 5 times over the whole game. The romances feel so jarring (except for the fey) because of this.

Noknok was 10/10 though. God bless that lil feller

Attached: index.jpg (1600x975, 290K)

I was very disappointed by greatsword options. Though there were a handful, they'd be weaker than other unique weapons I had at that point. There are a couple of nice longswords, including a very paladin one, Redeemer. However, you'll only find them at the end game. Before that, you might well not find any unique longsword at all.
One of paladin's main class feature is enchanting their weapon. You can pick from a couple of properties depending on what you're facing. Even so, a pure paladin's potential damage is relatively low.
Paladins are a tank class, and ptobably the best one at higher levels, when saving throws become more important than AC. Paladin's can also heal themselves as a swift action, which other tanks can't do.
If you want a build, do paladin with a monk dip (Scaled Fist). That let's you add CHA to AC, and also Crane Style feats, which improve fighting defensively. I'm playing one right now, it's lots of fun as I can charge ahead, and tank anything.

Im a fucking casual and get lost in char. creation every time i want to play this game. Did they do anything with it in update?
DnD was never a thing where im from so im not familiar with it at all, but i like rpg's.

>Noknok was 10/10 though
Yeah Avellone did a great job with him.

I think you should use someone else build for the first time, that will help you to see some really useful stuff and give you general direction how to make your own.

I intend on picking it up when I'm done with my current SCS BG2, I've heard plenty good things about it.

Attached: 1495774970680.jpg (440x440, 77K)

>You are basically required to romance the big bad, if you don't the ending feels extremely hollow and unpersonal.

Alliance ending is pretty good

Attached: 1564746618283.jpg (1920x1080, 468K)

You can get a couple decent greatswords from the orc artisan.
And when you get axiomatic property for Weapon Bond, the paladin unlocks his potential. Since now you get a boost against chaotic enemies too. It's not as potent as Smite Evil is against Evil enemies, but it adds up on top of the other buffs.

Hospitaler tank though is a pretty good choice, since you have Lay On Hands and it does not consume your channels. Lots of healing to go around

what does nyrissa's pussy smell like?

lantern oil

>play lawful good paladin
>DIE PEACEFUL MITES AND KOBOLDS reeeee
neutral good it is then

>peaceful mites and kobolds
>evil creatures that regularly assault innocent travelers
You should change classes indeed, you are too soft

Attached: 1561598405174.png (1920x1080, 2.72M)

I pirated the game and all DLC's and I feel ripped off.
Its so generic it hurts.

Generic is good.

as usual the "fans" of another bad game come together to circle jerk over pathetic waifus in another shit thread. this is worse than shilling.

Attached: muriclap.gif (498x338, 1.68M)

Ok

Attached: 1270705741951.jpg (1600x1200, 228K)

The ass is arguably the keystone to a good stride

Those ARE all GOOD wifes user! Hikari IS also a GOOD wife! (She is! She is!)

Attached: Hikari.png (232x915, 225K)

>want to make a fire-focused spellsword type that enchants his weapon and maybe throws a few offensive spells
>can't decide between kineticist or eldritch scion
Kineticists can't attack of opportunity and are forever stuck with kinetic blade, but fuck their blasts can hit hard. Unlimited blasts per day are also nice. Magus can buff himself, throw enchants on his weapon, cast spells through his weapon, and has a greater weapon selection, but they're also mostly auto-attack bots and mostly use shocking grasp. I wouldn't have this problem if the game had energize weapon infusion for kineticist and the conductive weapon trait.

Also, fuck the fey.

Attached: Npc_zoom_3040050000_01.png (960x800, 143K)

>but they're also mostly auto-attack bots
Well, the beauty of magus archetypes is micro managing when to use shocking grasp, arcane pool buffs etc. It shines on in the turn based mod.

Though the best class to have a fire-enhanced sword almost at all times, no matter the weapon, is paladin.

You could just tell when you played VTM:B someone on the team was into bestiality and they were lowkey trying to magical realm you just by the sheer number of times that was the punchline of a "joke".

>in order to smite the fuck out of monsters with fire and fury you gotta take up some stupid divine oath
This bothers me about 5e. The same concept in 5e definitely involves paladin because they get a lot of explosive smite spells, and the way multiclassing and caster levels work in that system multiclassing into sorc is a reasonable option. Fuck RP sometimes I guess. I might give it a try and see how I like it.
Still miss energize weapon. I want to throw a bluefire blast on to a keen elven blade.

>game has to be about a disabled transgender pansexual midget dragonkin-kobold-tiefling-aasimar-fey hybrids adventuring in a post modern quasi plane of meta-egregoric pseudosimulacra of your mom's asshole to be entertaining
Bioware, please go.

>Pathfinder yawnbreaker
Its aggressively boring and not worth playing.

This, sometimes.
>try out drakensang
>it's so excessively generic and cliche that it's enjoyable again
Twirly-moustached duelists, drunken brawler dorfs, angry amazon warriors, and stuck up elves are fine. You don't always have to subvert expectations.

Nah faggot I played a ranger and didnt have trouble they give you 2 sorcerers for free anyway.

>fucking year after release
>game breaking bugs
Nah, fuck you.

Alright enough bullshit. Is this train wreck worth playing if I liked BG2 and thought PoE:2 was hot garbage?

If you lie to me there will be severe consequences.

>start game
>5 hours pass
>I've barely progressed at all in the story
defend this pathniggers

absolutely based

Is this a good game to get into if I'm completely noob to CRPG? Been itching for more games that mix strategy, RPG, and dialogue choices like DAO.

I think he means sourcerer

The game is big?

more like slow

Or both.

It's pretty hard to get into if you never played something D&D related and even then the game is not easy, but the same goes for Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale. You should probably read up on worthwhile classes and spells beforehand.

100+ hours.

>You should probably read up on worthwhile classes
Fuck that. Only use in-game information if you want a decent experience.
Besides you can officially respec now, so you won't be able to fuck up your playthrough.

>Married the queen
Felt pretty good.

Didn't know there was a respec option now. Otherwhise there was always the risk of choosing a garbage specialization and either having to restart the game or roll on while being dead weight.

I want to, but I'm too poor to acquire it yet and I don't want to pirate this one in particular.
Maybe by the winter sale I'll be able to get it and then annoy whoever is left discussing it with noob questions.

Attached: 1549841292145.jpg (997x808, 369K)

Looks like a dumb, diseased whore with a bad haircut.

>Is this train wreck worth playing if I liked BG2 and thought PoE:2 was hot garbage?
That is exactly description of people who likes pathfinder.
>If you lie to me there will be severe consequences.
If you wouldn't like it we can settle things with anal. no homo

Go play call of duty

dont listen to this shill its boring as fuck you have to slog for 10 hours before the story even inches forward and the mechanics are hot garbage

Pirate now, buy later.

Didn't get that far, but can you actually conquer Pintax?

How buggy is it now ?
Should i wait another 6 months (again) before jumping in ?

yes

Now I'm motivated to come back and play the game.

Combat aside, in my 120hr playthrough i got only one and it was gone after reloading save.

I'm not sure about combat cause i didn't use too much classes and abilities which i believe working on 99%

CRPGs aren't for you.
Stop giving in to Yea Forums hype if the game in question doesn't appeal to you.

This game gave me the sort of feeling I haven't had since Baldur's Gate 2. Building your characters is incredibly addictive, and getting new levels and discovering new spells is awesome.

>HURR DURR CRPGS ARENT FOR YOU UGHHH PATHFINDER IS PERFECT CRPG
Except I've played most other modern crpgs and loved them incel. Keep coping and defending your glacial shit game.

>played most other modern crpgs and loved them incel
>modern crpgs
Non of them were good retard. Well maybe except divinity if you can consider it as crpg.

I want to but fuck me they release a new patch twice a day. I can't keep downloading 25gb files and I can't get a patch for a GoG copy either.

RELEASE THE FUCKING GAME, then I can pirate it, then maybe I can buy it but this shit is all backwards man.

>Wasteland 2
>os2
>os1
>pillars
>shadowrun hong kong
Loved all these and they are all faster and more fun than pathshitder trannymaker

There has been only a single hotfix the last 2 months, user. Going from 2.05 to 2.06

>When infodump: the game (pillars) is more engaging and faster than your game
Its time to admit it tranny pathfinder is trash.

played it in january or february

excellent game but the final dungeon with the wild hunt fey niggers was so insane i nearly ended up quitting.

Or maybe the person in question is retarded.

Good news, now they added Golems with 3 times the HP and spell resistance there.
Still not as bad as the original Monarchs with Mass Dispel

Wild hunt wasn't so bad. FoM cancels their stun and their fortitude aaves are shit, so you can gas them easily.

Isn't one of them a literal golddigging whore though?

You can fuck it out of her.

Attached: throughdickredemption.jpg (1500x339, 166K)

At least Kingmaker has waifus. What does PoE/Deadfire have?
The only female worth waifuing is a fucking sidekick with no lines.

Very convincing after a whole game flirting with every single male she comes across.

And another one is so pure that you can't fuck her at all. I guess she's one of those "sex after marriage" chicks.

That part with the invisible mastodon managed to crack me up.

it sounds alright, but christ i can't stand RTWP. you either manage it in autistic detail and every fight takes 1000 years or you just set and forget and your characters do mental dumb shit.

You may be confusing her with octavia

Turn based mod. You can switch between modes so you do trash mobs faster, and can speed up animations

>At least Kingmaker has waifus

It has one waifu, Jaethal. Amiri is a butch dom lez, Valerie is a frigid cunt, Octavia is a polyamorous thot, and Linzi is an asexual autist.

>tfw they managed to fuck up the memed threesome ending
Jesus Christ the gameplay is solid but those shit slavs can't write likeable NPCs to save their fucking lives.

There is very good turn based mod on nexus.

>tfw they managed to fuck up the memed threesome ending
Where is your face, user?

Attached: Perfecthappiness.jpg (1493x672, 380K)

Give ME Valerie!

Attached: Long Valerie.png (702x700, 610K)

>Fucking skeletons

Tieflings are fun to hang around with. And Octavia isn't half bad, once you get over her slutty tendencies.
On the other hand PoE only has Ydwin. And she's a non-character.
Unless you really want to fuck Pallegina, in such case, I am sorry for you.

What the fuck are you doing in this thread then?
And stop projecting your celibacy, you're the one getting mad at people enjoying things.

I am convinced that people liking Pallegina in any capacity are part of a conspiracy. Or just get confused cause other choices to interact with are Xoti and Maia

I haven't played too far but in the first two conversations she has she says she wants to jump both my dick and Kesten's. Can't imagine she will just up and stop being a slut.

>not wanting to fuck Pallegina

Bro... are you telling me you wouldn't COLONIZE that godlike womb if you had the chance?

>fucking her in her daughters body

I don't care about anecdotic fluf conversation. Facts are you end up with an used up roastie and an asexual.

I tried to play it time ago. Advanced a bit, encountered a pack of gobbos or something, all my characters miss most of their attacks and my party is wiped.
Then I reload and go again without doing anything different. Now my party kills all the gobbos without being hit more than twice.

This is why I can't play CRPGs, at least the ones so heavily absed on Board games rules and dicerolls in combat.

She only actively hits one one guy, trying to get a bargain from his goods by seducing him. And that is before you start fucking her. She does not actually hit on, much less fuck any other person the rest of the game.

Attached: 1546605323849.png (585x800, 696K)

>hate octavia because she is a dumb slut
>keep using her because arcane trickster is pretty good

No thanks, i would went full homo for Eder before even considering fucking nigger.

No. She's anti-sexy.
I would rather fuck a living elven corpse pretenting to be an animancer than Pallegina.

Start of the game can be really random because your party have very low hp and with very bad throws can fuck you up in the moments, it's getting better about 2 hours later.

there's a let's play on youtube where the guy tries his first ever run on hard and his party dies to a wolf for like 70 minutes straight

Unlike Octavia, who flirts with people for sport, Kanerah flirts with people to get into their good graces and for protection. She hops into your bed almost immediately, because if being your willing fucktoy means she's safe and protected, fuck it, so be it.
Some progressive lessons Pathfinder game has here.

Facts are you get married to two hot tiefling twins. The fact that you did not get a fade to dark scene with one of them before declaring their love ruining it for you is a dealbreaker because you are retarded. It's not a universal constant

I wouldn't mind iof they were more clear about what isn't working or what I am doing wrong. But I feel like there's so many things that could be doing that. Is it my low dex? is it low skill on weapons? is the enemy high dodge?
what, what the fuck am I doing wrong. It pisses me off to not have any proper feedback to improve.

That one was hilarious. They replaced the early wolves with hylactines since then though, but there is still a wolf pack in the stag lords fort.

Not many people are hunted by a soul eating demon, so I think I can forgive this one.

To save other people from pathfinder shills.

Low dex, possible penalties from encumbrance(if you still carry heavy loot around), using common weapons instead of +1, having no buffs on, being flanked etc are all reasons you can have low chance to connect and getting hit a lot. Checkin the combat log to see what gives you penalties and boosts (same for opponents) is a good idea.

To be fair, Kalikke's romance route is much shorter and has less content than the threesome/Kanerah route.
I guess the writers wanted you to either go for Kanerah or for the threesome, with Kalikke being an afterthought. Too bad, because she's cute as fuck.

>tfw having none of irovetti's bullshit

Attached: lmao.jpg (1920x1200, 690K)

It's actually not that hard, for most thing you just need high attack to hit and high armor class for not getting hit. Buffs is more than half of the victory in this game you can double your stats with this shit.

Just hire a cutie from the guild.

We do not need a turbo retard shilling shit like Pillars, claiming it's better than this game, either.

>We
The shills?

Innocent posters on this board, bombarded by retards who shill their shit games.
Anyone who suggests pillars over any other crpg (except maybe other obsidian shit like Numenera) is a scourge

>other obsidian shit like Numenera
...I have some news for you.
Not that I disagree with the overall statement, but I do have news for you.

No need to get all defensive, retard. Enjoy your used up slut and platonic relationship (lol) then.

You guys have absolutely no standards. I guess thats incels for you.

I will, since I am not such an insecure retard who thinks a character confessing that they see you as much more than just a patron or friend means they want you to be their noble confidant or whatever.
Like seriously, how much of an insecure fucktard do you have to be to entertain that notion?

Attached: 1564220753313.jpg (1256x948, 292K)

That's some scathing social commentary if I even saw one. Nice one, Owlcat.

Based Kanerah btfos gnomish scum

Why is this tranny ass game being shilled here?

Not really scathing., more matter of fact

Attached: 1561852099850.png (1920x1080, 2.98M)

No trannies in this game user.
Perhaps you are thinking of Beamdog?

Paizo is pozzed as hell, so is the Pathfinder universe. Stop lying, shill.

The joke's on you. For a game supported by Paizo, this game is surprisingly redpilled. Both"strong female character companion that needs no man" are fucking retards and you can call them out on their bullshit, two gay love interests are degenerates and you can threthen them with violence when they start hitting on you and the best and most wholesome girl is a pure tiefling that only agrees to postmarital sex

Sure they are, but there are still no trannies in this game. There are gay and bi people, but no trannies.

Game is incredibly generic and the "kingmaking" feature is so boring they decided to let you opt out of it.
All the rest is barely connected events spread around a map NWN2:SoZ style.

This game is so poorly optimized it is the best rpg of the last years but you need a fucking NASA computer to run it fast for no reason

This game feels like it was made by DMs whose players stopped showing up to their games because they would put death traps in every ten minutes. It doesn’t feel like a real tabletop game at all.

But I can't stand the stiffness of RTWP games.

Then what is it?
What is your definition of CRPG?

>female fighters
Why

It isn't table top it's crpg.

>Paizo is pozzed as hell
Developers are Russian homophobes, so they cancel each other out.
What remains is the best DnD-like adaptation ever.

Turn based mod
No crpg feels like tabletop.
That's why it's a world of fantasy user, not realism. It's why you can also have women with more than 14 INT

Nah, it's blatantly clear some of the characters (Amiri) and "plot elements" (gay love interests) were forced by Paizo and Owlcat deals with them in the most passive-agressive way possible.

>It's why you can also have women with more than 14 INT
Fun fact, aside from Octavia and Kanerah, no female companion has more than 14 INT. Valerie is a borderline retard with 9 INT.

>Game about magic, dragons, and gods
>Strongest creature is a stag, bear, or big cat

You are thinking of greater enraged owlbears before they got patched.

>Thotctavia regent
ISHYGDDT

>both wommyn fighters have dogshit builds and are much worse than mercenary dudes you can build yourself
Based as fuck
Also, how did they got away with this?

On the flipside, you can munchkin to hell and back without an angry DM, or tablewide groans

If I ever summoned as many skeletons as I did in this game my GM would have told me to fuck off and nevwr return.

A fire Kineticist can mostly get the job done, but can't really add a lot of utilities, A Sword Sage on the other hand has a lot of utilities but won't hit nearly as hard on average, not to mention you're limited by Cantrips whereas your Kineticist can just spam shit all day for free.
In theory, you can also play a Flame Warden ranger with focus on swords, but Flame Warden is kind of a shitty archetype and a fire Kineticist or a Magus will be immensely superior in all scenarios, at that point if you don't want to be either of those you might as well pick a pally or even multiclass your fighter/slayer into EK if you want some spells without losing on BAB.
Iirc, the Eldritch Arcana mod(or maybe the call of the wild one) adds the Flame Blade spell to your Druid spell list, which might also be of interest to you.
Hire a generic or better yet, become an AT yourself, it's one of the few prestige classes worth a shit and you can also multiclass into it with a few fun options, which is notable since Paizo loathes multiclassing AND prestige classes with all their being, but AT somehow isn't bad at all and allows for a bit more variation than the average multiclass plan.

Doesnt negate the fact that it has some level of pozzed. And theres a dwarf that changed sex.

It isnt really known if the developers are "based" or not, they still invluded gay/bi themes. Granted the romances arent at the level of Deadfire but there nonetheless.

Elminster in D&D spent a long ass time as a woman.
Nothing wrong with people changing sex in a world involving magic, conjuration to grow à dick, metamorphosis, illusion, etc...

>they still included gay/bi themes
They would have been crucified and forced out of the gaming industry if they completely ignored them.

>Elminster
Elminster is an atrocious character, magnitudes worse than even Drizzt for all intents and purposes.

I don't think they care all that much about gay/bi themes. There was this one whiny faggot that kept bitching of various forums about Regnognar being the only gay romance option for gays, while straight guys get 5 (Valerie, Octavia, Kalikke, Kanerah, Nyrissa) to the point one of the writers had to shut him up. She pretty much told him that they are writing characters they want to write based on their interesting backstories, romances are optional and not their priority and it's not like he doesn't get a romance option to begin with It was cute.

>There was this one whiny faggot that kept bitching of various forums about Regnognar being the only gay romance option for gays
And who else is there?
Ekun is unambiguosly straight, Harrim is Groetusexual, Tristian is a filthy traitor that deserves to die a painful death and Nok-Nok is Nok-Nok, who else they might have pushed? Lander?
I'm more upset that I can't romance Amiri, because at least she does make sense as an option.

Yes and no. In terms of usability you're right, but the problem is end result. Unity is full of bugs and memory issues as well as stuttering, for example. I have personally decided to never touch unity engine games because of severe issues I have had with previous titles using the unity engine. Overall, it is sad to pass up a game that looks like it'd be great, but so long as I'm not passing up a whole generation of good games, it's just one sacrifice. If others did the same, maybe devs would get the message.

No, paid-for. UE4 is free but you pay royalties on sales. It's an infinitely better engine and you have full source code access so it's overall a much stronger option.

>deadfire implements a turn-based mod complete with balance changes to accommodate it
>kinda sucks
>someone makes a turn-based mod for kingmaker and changes nothing else about encounters
>it's really good
weird
Actually not really weird. Pathfinder was made for turn-based. Deadfire's system just sucks.

can i play as tiefling? or they are just companions?

Reminder that fey aren't going anywhere and being on good terms with them is better than on bad

Yeah, they're playable.

You can. They are a very versatile race, Aasimar tier.

Aight quick question lads. I'm at the end of the war of the river kings, got my biccboi Tristian a pair of wings and Jaethal her vessel daughter. Just found out that one of them is going to die later, which sucks because I like using them both in a good-right-hand/evil-left-hand sort of way. Any user knows a mod or the specific save file edit to fix this?

Attached: 1562605241323.jpg (261x309, 28K)

If Tristian is a deva and Jaethal still evil he will blast her into pieces. Otherwise Jaethal guts him, unless you made her renounce Urgathoa.

Kingmaker is a treasure.
Truly a casualfilter the likes we have not seen in ages, and the best part is how it just shows how much of Yea Forums is literally zoomer tier of casual

Attached: pf casualmaker.jpg (1920x1080, 624K)

>Letting a lunatic like Tristian live
Not like Jaethal is any better, but dude, you really like that Sarenrae dick up your as, do you?

>faithfulness to the pathfinder ruleset
>rtwp
Thats yikes from me.

What do you mean I have to use aoe fire on swarms of spiders?

You were given 2 free torches, weren't ya?

Exactly, which is why im asking if there's anyway around that?

I mean I know they are both shitty fanatics, especially Tristian to the point of getting bamboozled by some hot mommy fey, but in terms of gameplay they're both top tier. Jaethal had me cruising through vordakai without deathward/restoration even once.

Attached: 1563022568954.png (371x353, 124K)

Gods, I love this game so much.
This and Daggerfall Unity have been taking up all of my free time lately.

Attached: HOW TO - FUCK GREEN PUSSY.jpg (987x145, 42K)

>but in terms of gameplay they're both top tier.
I don't know about that.
Tristian is an Ecclesitheurge with basically zero physical capabilities, and while Channel Energy might be somewhat passable against low tier undeads it's one of the most useless class abilities out there if you know what you're doing.
Jaethal is...alright given how she's an inquisitor and an undead but her stat sheet is better for roleplaying reason than actual effectiveness, both are vastely surpassed by generics, but then again, all uniques except Ekun and Nok-Nok are.
I'll give you that Jaethal is a largely more interesting character than Tristian though.

God I forgott how annoying Vordekais tomb is. Also does anybody remember if Cephal Lorestus has something usefull on him or can I balefull polymorph him?

Ok you conviced me, which class for ez walking through the game? Can i play noble savage barbarian?

>dwarf that changed sex
He shaved

I will as soon as they make druid shapeshift fun.

>Also does anybody remember if Cephal Lorestus has something usefull on him
He drops a very good quarterstaff for Evil aligned characters, which you can also sell for some good dosh, along with a few other trinkets.

I don't use a quarterstuff and I don't have enough death wards, so polymorph it is.

Any caster breaks the game in half.
>Can i play noble savage barbarian?
Barbarians are shit, not as shit as Fighters but definitely low tier martials.
If you want to go with a martial character play Slayer as it's leaps and bounds better than the rest.

Speaking of Cephal, I was a bit disappointed that he was geas'd by Vordakai just like everyone else. I expected to find out in the DLC he joined the cyclops out of his own machinations
They could have given him some dialogue in the tomb, if Gunderson got some

In the tabletop version everbody gets charmed and is killed including Varn. Gunderson is only around because he caused all this and his guilt turned him into a spectre.

It's already fun and there is late game gear that lets you turn into the best dragon form anyways.

All the girls are whores except the tieflings and the page cut desu.

Switch port when?
Serious question

You can't be serious.

Attached: dis nigga serious.png (254x128, 75K)

>Tristian is an Ecclesitheurge with basically zero physical capabilities
Tristian doesn't need physical capabilities. It's mix of slinging fireballs and flamestrikes and archon aura and prayer and mid-fight positive channeling. Works pretty well, at least for me. This is my first game of this system tho so I'm not arguing what's best because obviously you know better.
For Jaethal I ditched the scythe and multied tss. Much more stuff to play around with compared to Valerie just standing dodging hit, even if i know she's objectively better at tanking.
Anyway I think its funny how Tristian turns out to be responsible for a whole lot more death and destruction to your kingdom than Jaethal ever could.

God. I wish I knew that before having played 100 hours. The game doesn't explain anything.

So this is the so called “autism”

I know about pathfinder from /tg/ but the art from this game is blander than shit. Are you seriously telling me this is actually rivalling BG2?

>Tristian doesn't need physical capabilities.
>It's mix of slinging fireballs and flamestrikes and archon aura and prayer and mid-fight positive channeling.
The problem with Tristian is that well built clerics can do both of those, yet he can only do one, and again, channeling is really, really not all that great once you start messing around with arcane casters that plain up let you avoid damage altogether and deal much bigger damage than Negative/Positive Channeling ever will, granted that in a hypothetical no arcane caster scenario Channeling is a tiny bit more relevant, but it's still a barely useful ability beyond the first hours of the game, a protection from alignment spell alone is already vastely more useful than Channeling on average.

The problem with the unique characters is not that they're virtually bad(You can also respec them if you so want so there's that), it's just that they're more geared towards being their own "characters" than being as effective as they can be, outside of again, Ekun and Nok-Nok.
>For Jaethal I ditched the scythe and multied tss.
That's a curious choice given how Scythes are a really powerful weapon, then again, I barely use any unique in my runs.
>even if i know she's objectively better at tanking.
That's questionable since Valerie is a pure martial, not to mention Jaethal being an undead means she's pretty much unkillable, Valerie is a better defensive team player in certain aspects though, although I believe that at high levels Jaethal has the potential to be better than her in pretty much everything.

I'm downloading it right now
this better be worth the 45min fitgirl installation or I swear it'll be the last time I ever listen to Yea Forums

Is Daggerfall Unity actually feature complete in any way, shape or form?

But then you wouldn’t be able to run the mandatory turn based mod

There is druid gear that allows wildshape into dragons?

speaking of the turn based mod, my boar companion sometimes attacking 7-8 times in a turn is a bug or intended?

It's fun
don't play on unfair

There's a belt and a greataxe late game that lets you change into Dragonkind III, both are artisan gifts.

>this better be worth the 45min fitgirl installation
Download the updates otherwise you won't be able to continue the game past act 3 due to bugs, the fitgirl repack has been stuck in 2.01 since forever, which means there's still a shitload of gamebreaking bugs, the most common of which being the everblooming flower bug.

Attached: Vilderavn.webm (900x506, 2.86M)

Been eyeing this game for a while. Is the DLC worth it?

Attached: Attack of Opportunity.webm (1600x900, 2.7M)

>The problem with Tristian is that well built clerics can do both of those, yet he can only do one
Hypothetically, if i were to respec him into a frontline heavy armor clerics, which is better, pure crusader or vanilla cleric with fighter dip?
I'm hitting 15 now and there's a lot of cool melee roid spells like holy sword or eaglesoul i wanna try out.
>That's a curious choice given how Scythes are a really powerful weapon
I don't really see the appeal of a 19-20x4. I mean yeah it will hit like a truck when it crits but isn't something like a kukri's 15-20x2 or falcata's 17-20x3 statistically better?

Wildcards give you 2 more companions so it's totally worth it. Beneath the stolen lands worth it too IMO. It's add new dungeon, so it's source of loot and exp.

This is real, I got stuck at that that part

Aight, thanks m8

Just get the GOG version from rutracker
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5609399
it's fully up to date

Attached: Baron Yergrace.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

you need the wildcards dlc to play as tiefling

What are the best villages to upgrade to towns? I'm guessing the ones with the best artisans? So far I've upgraded Kamelands (and obviously the Capital). I'm thinking of going with the village with the "Sword" artisan next.

Fighter dips aren't really worth much on cleric unless you really want that weapon focus and a tiny bit more BAB, but it doesn't really matter when Clerics can shit out absurd buffs like greater angelic aspect.
I've no real experience with Crusaders so you're on your own on that, truth to be told I dislike clerics so I don't really use them all that much, Herald Caller is perhaps the most broken archetype but not for martial use.
>I mean yeah it will hit like a truck when it crits but isn't something like a kukri's 15-20x2 or falcata's 17-20x3 statistically better?
Falcata's are kind of shit in this game if you're not a Barbarian, not to mention you need to spec into Exotic weapons for those, while Kukris can't be two handed, both of these aren't the best choice possible for an Inquisitor since you need more feats to get them going than scythes, scythes also have better options all around throughout the games, Falcatas only start to get decent by Act 3, and again, only if you put them on a barbarian to get that Raging attribute going, which an Inquisitor can't do unless you dip in one of the shittiest classes in that game for no other reason than justifying your need to have a Falcata.

Then again, this is all minmaxing stuff so pay no mind to it unless you're trying to be a munchkin, just giving you a few pointers, at high levels having one or two less optimal feats doesn't really make much of a difference.

The Tiefling one is worth it. Better than the default NPCs, and with the respec mod you could really have fun with them - 2 classes for the price of 1. It seems a bit buggy if you respec them with an animal companion though (like I did).

Beneath the Stolen Lands seems OK so far (at Chapter 3). Watcher's Keep in BG2 was way better.

I don't think it matters. You can only upgrade 2 villages anyway

Aight I appreciate the tips mayne. Compared to D:OS or Deadfire I think PKM's difficulty is perfect. I actually have been doing Amiri barb/stalwart on hard for 15 levels before I realize you can't rage and defensive stance at the same time. I figure unfair is the only place where you need minmaxing.

I am 100+ hours into this game and:
-i don't know what most of the numbers and shit like D20 or whatever mean, or are supposed to do
-i don't know what a lot of the feats and spells do
-i don't understand what most buffs do
-i don't know why my kingdom is crumbling and how to fix it

But, i do enjoy the parts that i understand. Not many, but still. I bought this game along with both pillars of eternity during the summer sale. I thought they are like Divinity 2, boy was i wrong. Anyway i can't wait to finish it - it is indeed very complex, and i am sure it's a treat for the people who understand all the shit in it. And yes, all the things i mentioned above are my fault for not researching beforehand, but what's done is done. Once i bought it i couldn't refund it cuz i spent 4 hrs in it first time. And i don't like to throw money so i forced myself to finish it.

Attached: 1547767840403.jpg (629x540, 61K)

Can I become a fist wizard in this game?

Yes and there is a level 1 wizard spell for it.

No.
Monks and arcane casters do not blend well at all in this game even if you go the optimal way of making a Scaled Fist/Sorcerer, monks are only worth as either a dip for your main or pure monks.
In theory though, you can just abuse Fiery Body and Stone Fist at high levels on a mage, possible an Arcane Trickster, though I never really tried myself.

What about Eldritch Scion/Scaled Fist? Can you punch spells into people?

Bear > Okku > Wilson

Attached: Bear.png (1920x1080, 3.2M)

Amiri is a tabletop game lesbo you retard

ive bought original sin 2 and this game but havent played either

which one should i play first

who's wilson?

Real Time with pause is shit.
Pathfinder is inferior to the system it is based on

You could in theory, but it's a horribly ineffective build due to needing both STR and CHA and having massive issues with feat dependency.

can you play as a slut in this game

Attached: eldritch trisitan.jpg (700x990, 170K)

based effort posting user. No seriously, thanks.

I played for about 30 minutes and found the combat abysmal. Does it get better, or should I just get the turn based mod if I want to go back in? I've had really fucking terrible experiences with gameplay mods in general so I'm super hesitant to do so.

Is there a time limit in this game? I'm a bit of a slowpoke and I appreciate the option to bum around, do the town-building mechanics a lot, grind a little bit etc.

Attached: 1548785221339.jpg (2560x1440, 416K)

Every chapter has a time limit and they're all extremely generous to the point you can rest once per map area with no worries at all

Absolutely get the turn based mod, do not suffer through RTwP.
Even though it's a mod it's a first class job, makes the game and D&D's inherent problems with combat a lot more bearable, even somewhat enjoyable.

you niggers must've played maybe 4 games your entire life, even hardcore dnd autist hated that shit, and even with the speed on 2x i was half way across the map trying to to do some adventuring shit and had to run home and resolve it, it's 4/10 amateur first try that wasn't even play tested.

Why are zoomers to loathe to play RTwP?

Attached: blooming.webm (1280x720, 2.46M)

redpill lol

Attached: shit1.png (1419x2375, 1.23M)

PF:KM expands on the formula of Baldur’s Gate 1 by introducing much richer character-building from the P&P original.

It preserves freedom of exploration, a hallmark of BG1 that its spiritual sequels lacked. Loyalty to the original P&P system makes PF:KM less simplistic and “streamlined” than has come to be expected from the genre in the recent years. It does not pander to the low-skilled: the combat is famously uncompromising, character-building invites planning, spells and buffing are not to be ignored, whilst equipment needs constant updating. The game does not artificially isolate you from opponents above your level. This lack of hand-holding makes PF:KM uncommonly exciting and rewarding.

PF:KM has an expansive campaign with plenty of choice reactivity, including branching decisions which may affect companions. Unusually, the campaign dedicates a hefty portion to low-to-mid level adventures - a welcome change from the regular heaping of gods and dragons onto the player. The setting is well-explained - say, there are flavourful descriptions for monsters. Initially bug-ridden, the game has been fixed by now. PF:KM is detailed, dynamic, diverse, enormous, tough, bold, and brimming with late 90s ethos while looking perfectly modern.

>Muh zoomers
Because it's absolute garbage that goes against the very core tenets of RPGs, let alone D&D rules.

>Hillary is the cool wine aunt
I fucking hate nerd culture so god damn much
>race shouldn't influence ability scores
why do these god damn faggots hate RPGs?

They don't like to get dabbed on by the game

>d20 means a 20 sided die, which is used playing pathfinder in person. Just a random 1-20
>you would need to be more specific for everything else

>core tenets of RPGs
You have to be a zoomer to think there are core tennets of RPGs

You would have figured this out by chapter 3 at most, but it can save some headaches.

>Le no true scotsman nonsense
RPGs are fundamentally turn based, period.
>b...but muh 6 second rounds calculations
No.

There'a no grinding, besides maybe walking back and forth for random encounters. That will get negligible xp though.
The time management aspect is due to the kingdom, when you're on a map, time passes just like irl, so it's infinite, as the game spans 5 years. But, you need to skip weeks to upgrade your kingdom, the less time you walk around the map, the more days you'll have for it. I finished upgrading everything and had over 100 days left, so there's plenty of time.

there arent options to slut it up in game. i suppose you could give yourself a slutty custom portrait and headcannon yourself as a slut

>comparing a multiplayer game with a human DM to a single player computer game
real brainlet hours

There is the DLC

Attached: 1551393215776.jpg (1920x1080, 265K)

>Implying a DM has anything to do with core mechanical design
Do you and your DM throw dice in real time?
I wanna see it.

Attached: 1552773597675.jpg (650x427, 49K)

I'll give it a shot, thanks user.

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (351x375, 199K)

Attached: Penetrating the depths of Willas.webm (1280x720, 3M)

Annah > 4e shitters

Attached: Annah_by_Alistair_Grout.jpg (1280x800, 645K)

Chaste Succubus>Temperamental Irish Biter

Of course the DM impacts the core mechanical design you stupid fucking retard. A human isnt going to be able to process 6 players trying to all act at once and shouting/rolling dice simultaneously. A human isn't going to be able to roll for and move 8 goblins every 6 seconds. A computer can. Tabletop games use turns to compensate for human limitations, not as a tenant of their design philosophy. crpgs have the ability to deliver a better experience, complaining about that is fucking dumb

>250 hours in
>only just reached Armag for the first time
Rerolling is a curse, but I don't want my adventure to end.

Attached: pf fun.jpg (1536x2048, 351K)

Soon, along with the Xbone and PS4 announcements.

Come to think of it - are there any female iconics in Pathfinder that aren't lesbos or trannies?
Can't think of any.
Paizo REALLY likes them gays.

I do not remember Amiri's sexuality ever mentioned, but I have not checked everything
There are like 2 lesbians, one gay or bi guy and one dwarf troon. Most of the iconics do not have confirmed sexuality, really.

>Tabletop games use turns to compensate for human limitations
Except this isn't about human limitations at all.
>crpgs have the ability to deliver a better experience
LMFAO no self respecting tabletop player EVER believe this, RTwP or not.

Stagchad > Memedon

Attached: Erastil be praised!.webm (1920x1080, 2.57M)

>Stagcucks
Don't pretend your walking venison is anything but that

>starting as hedwirg gives the MC 32 point buy
>you can respec him to get 25 more pb on top of his existing stats
lmao

Attached: hedwirg waifu.png (1920x1080, 3.29M)

>this isnt about human limitations at all
but it is. PnP games made compromises because of human players, clinging to compromises when theyre no longer necessary is fucking stupid
>crpgs dont deliver better experiences
they offer better combat than any tabletop game I've touched. You sacrifice out of combat creativity/options when not playing with a DM but turn based rules dont play in out of combat scenarios anyway so its a moot point

Attached: stagchad vs virgin memedon.jpg (1920x1080, 541K)

>but it is.
It isn't, turn based gameplay is not derived by limitations, it's a necessary design philosophy for RPGs since RPGs are all about mathematical abstraction, which rigid turn based systems naturally and necessarily enforce.
Implementing real time elements of any kind goes against this entire premise, which is why turn based ruleset punctually end up being massively butchered.
>they offer better combat than any tabletop game I've touched.
>Literally castrated spells and spell list
>Martials are even more castrated than spellcasters since they completely lack situational options such as grappling or in depth targeting
>Often have to compromise on other elements like crafting as well because MUH balance
Fuck outta here, kid.
And I say this as someone who grew tired of TT a long time ago, don't ever pretend CRPGs can do combat better than TT outside of the visual level.

Attached: 1543080558392.gif (320x228, 1.78M)

Help me decide on a 4th party member for beneath the stolen lands, so far my party is:
2h slayer focused on cornugon smash and shatter defenses
Herald caller with animal companion and 1 fighter level, summoner with melee and buffs
Witch for CC

Kineticist with either fire or water for damage and some CC
Bard archer for damage, buffs and good use magic device score

I plan on using the crafting mod + a wizard crafting wands outside the party so I shouldn't have to worry too much about missing X buff or whatever

Fuck! Now i want to replay the game.

Either work fine, Varnhold isn't that difficult. Kineticist will make it much easier, though. I'd say go bard so that the rest of your party isn't obsolete.

>Herald caller with animal companion and 1 fighter level, summoner with melee and buffs
Why the fighter level?

Anyway, you do need someone with good skill point distribution. Bard for buffs and songs, Maybe Grenadier for infusions , great damage and lots of skill points due to int.

Though I just noticed you also lack a tank. Maybe a scaled fist monk or Tank Build Paladin

Damn they really got some progress on that turn based mod from the last time i checked.

Attached: 109-1565150474-435750779.png (1366x768, 1.53M)

>turn based gameplay is not derived by limitations
it literally is. Thats how most tabletop games are derived, in compressing complex ideas like war into things 2 humans can actually process
>mathematical abstration
because of human limitations. Conceptualizing a dragon as a block of hit points is far easier than as a a full creature. Same with the concept of hitting/missing as probability instead of based on technique.
>which rigid turn based systems naturally
yes, as I said before turn based gameplay breaks it down into scenarios a human DM/player can actually process
>and necessarily
only while in pnp is it necessary.

Kingmaker lacking the entirety of pathfinder's source material is completely independent of rtwp, I don't know why youre bringing it up. The game is a port done by a small eurojank studio, of course it doesn't include every single spell, archetype, feat, combat maneuver, magic item, etc. Owlcat has done free updates to introduce multiple of the really popular/fun spells

Man, the varnhold lot is a such a fun gang of dorks

Too bad they all fucking died

>smite the fuck out of monsters with fire and fury
There's no one better at that job than Light Cleric.

U S E D G O O D S

>compressing complex ideas like war into things 2 humans can actually process
That has literally nothing to do with the game being turn based or not, otherwise LARPing wouldn't be a thing.
>Conceptualizing a dragon as a block of hit points is far easier than as a a full creature.
Untrue, otherwise systems like Dwarf Fortress wouldn't exist.
>turn based gameplay breaks it down into scenarios a human DM/player can actually process
The convenience of processing doesn't matter and it's also arguable because throwing a shitload of dices isn't convenient at all, it's just an accepted formula to get the job done that can be done in much more convenient ways.
>Kingmaker lacking the entirety of pathfinder's source material is completely independent of rtwp
That is extremely questionable since a lot of rules got bent in order to make RTwP work to begin with.
>of course it doesn't include every single spell, archetype, feat, combat maneuver, magic item
It doesn't include extremely basic stuff like creation feats, basic spells like Enlarge Person lack basic core functionalities from PnP because, very ironically, it's simply too complex for the computer to actually process, but I'm glad we can agree on CRPG's combat being decidedly inferior to PnP, and don't pretend this is a problem with just Kingmaker.

Enlarge Person is in the game

Read the post, user.

Kingmaker is literally the first time in any cRPG Enlarge Person works accurately.
The attribute boost is size type, you gain increased weapon dice due to size boost, you lose 1 ac/ab due to size penalty, your reach also increases.

Ah, I see. What core functionality does it miss?

>true final boss is CN
Press F(((ey))) to laugh at palacucks while frolicking to this song
instaud.io/3RYc

Attached: why arent you laughing bro.png (800x820, 328K)

Can you use Enlarge Person to grapple a cyclops in Kingmaker?
You can't.
Can you use Enlarge Person to throw a boulder on some fool?
You can't
Can you use Reduce Person to fit a party member through holes?
You can't.

And the list goes on.

You cannot grapple anyone, so that is not a failing of the spell.

Oh god you again

What!

But you cant fuck Jaethal

>You cannot grapple anyone
Ask yourself why.

>you can be grappled by ooze

Attached: 1523956319432.jpg (1516x1422, 494K)

Nobody likes grappling?

>Not wanting to grapple trolls, cyclops and other megafauna while wearing nothing but thongs and a cloak
What are you, gay?

If you let Jae learn the secret necromancy, let her take over her daughter's body, have an immortal protagonist, and have a good relationship with her, you get an ending where it's implied she comes around every few years for you to breed her from which she'll take the most beautiful of your children's body over and repeat the process

>have an immortal protagonist
nani

Reminder that Enneo did nothing wrong.
Ending option.

>fantasy game has nanomachines

Attached: Pathfinder Kingmaker Screenshot 2019.07.07 - 00.12.33.43.jpg (1920x1080, 232K)

You can also get laser shooting gauntlets.

General and Varn can survive

If you marry the fae or ally with BBEG you become immortal, Fey doesn't care if you have multiple lovers

*axiomatic weapon bond*
Your move, fairy fucks

Not him but a CRPG is a Computer Role Playing Game, and OS2 is on consoles.

hey fucking russians fix memory leak already

I wanna redownload it since I put it on a SSD which would crash my PC for some reason so I had to wipe it, butt it'll take a while assuming I'd still have the saves on my PC if I downloaded it to my hard drive..

>Unity game
>Fix memory leaks
What, you don't enjoy your game slowing down to a crawl after an hour while your PC simulates the heat death of the universe?

Attached: 1546098013191.png (360x357, 152K)

>technical mess, even months after release
>bad narrative
>bad narrative design
>poor writing
>terrible systems, like the kingdom system which is a selling point
I don't get it, how can you swallow so much shit? What are those gold nuggets that keeps you pushing through this shit?

Attached: 1379434564079.jpg (630x418, 40K)

Attached: Harrim vs Ankou Swarm.webm (1920x1080, 2.68M)

>slowing down after an hour
nope this isn't poe/poe2 but its still there

>he didn't poison the wine

Attached: sickened stag boy.webm (1520x854, 2.84M)

well shit

>kingmaker
>forced to play a king

>he didn't fight the Ancient Wyvern after throwing the lake fish into its nest

Attached: wyvern feeding.webm (1920x1080, 2.32M)

>game
>forced to play

oh shit im not even that far yet
thanks for the tip though i need to remember this

You DID open the two herb chests in Chapter 1 though, right?

oh holy shit what?
good thing i restarted last night now i can find out wtf this is about

Attached: chopper dave.jpg (300x230, 17K)

>good thing i restarted last night
Don't worry you will restart again anyway.

the visual design is so shit that i dropped it

pretty much
im still trying to figure out how to build jaethal since i convinced her to join me in one of the crypts during this race with this tartuccio faggot
death upon him

Jaethal is fine doing what she does, no need for dips, otherwise just respec her and make them into whatever you want.
Outside of Octavia none of your companions benefit from multiclassing, outside of maybe Amiri since Barbarian is just a shitty class and she comes so early it's very easy to save her without respeccing.

The most standard build is to raise her strength only, if you play her pure inquisitor or multiclass to a martial class (like 2h fighter, barbarian, slayer or perhaps go for some vivi levels).
If you go cleric(like herald caller), probably best to raise wis.

If you hate linzi and want Jaethal to be your curator, make her a bard and keep raising her charisma.

You could also raise only her dex and build a dodgetank out of her if you want (like Tower shield specialist instead of Val).

Her stat distribution lets you make her almost anything you want, except full arcane caster. She will not excel at it, but will do pretty good job.

You can make good multiclass/prestige builds out of all the companions except Jubilost and octavia(almost anything you do will be strictly inferior). Amiri in particular can easily go 2h fighter for 7 levels, or full slayer.

To add, if you want her as curater and pump her CHA up, it also increases her HP, as undead have no CON stat

I don't know I kinda like him.

>pathfinder kingmaker
>SJW trash with gays and faggots
fuck off

lol

Attached: Amiri & Shad.png (1280x720, 1.42M)

Cry more bitchboi.

I don't really remember any gay options outside of Regongar, which is a fucking half orc and completely optional too, there's really no agenda pushed in the game, very surprisingly given how Paizo holds the license.

>using Varn's portrait
A shame that half of the game's portraits are already used for npcs.
Yes I know Varn gets a different portrait, but it's still weird as for me that will always be Varn

For my first full playthrough what class/alignment should I go? I went through up past the stag king a little bit a few times and rerolled.

Anything but chaotic evil and true neutral for alignment. I feel focusing on Lawful plays a better foil to most of the antagonistic forces, but focusing on the chaotic aspect is pretty good too. Then you just decide if you want to be nice or a dick.

Unless you play on hard (do not play unfair first time), every class/archetype is viable.
The classes not covered by companions are Paladin, Sorcerer, Monk, Druid and Slayer, but some archetypes within classes are wildly different anyway (a Sword Saint won't play like an Eldritch Scion).

I guess the game only provides one really dedicated tank character. So in order to tank and be the face of the party too, you could play a Paladin(Standard or Hospitaler) or a Scaled fist Monk. You also get only one arcane full caster (while you get two clerics), so you can play a Sorcerer.

There is even an ingame respec option now, so do not worry about fucking up.

Not the past two editions

My 3 or so mini playthroughs taught me most of the games mechanics so I'm not super worried about fucking up my build. It won't necessarily be optimal because taking like 5 different classes feels gross, but it shouldn't be awful. I was playing hard and I found it to pretty easy once I got the hang of things though. I hear the gap between that and unfair is pretty big though because of all the stat bonuses.

Your enemies are Chaotic Retards, so any lawful is best

You need Lawful and Good for a few very important choices. So if you not sure just with this, also neatral good is a decent choice as well.

All tags gets some decent unique solutions (maybe evil gets the least, but still). The worst thing you can do is be TN and only have one)

Chaotic Neutral is a fun aligment to have, wish it was done better though, it's pretty inconsistent

I still think there are most important choices hidden by lawful and good.

You get to recruit the best companion, so it's fine

Attached: 640820_screenshots_20190102225917_1.jpg (1280x720, 254K)

Wait you get Tartuk as a companion? Thought he was just an npc helper like everyone else

It's in the last chapter i think.

heavy armor and exotic weapon proficiency

This is for the endless dungeon dlc not varnhold, does it also feature skill checks?

Well, you encounter shrines that have knowledge/lore checks and give random buffs, and there are hidden walls/locked chests for loot. I do not think mobility/athletics ever comes up

There are some checks for shrines that give you buffs. Besides trickery and perception

>no lawful evil only hellknight class
disappointing

Chaotic Neutral seems to go the blood knight route pretty often, which seems weird.

>Game literally has hellknights
>But only as a NPC jobber class

Yeah, it's really inconsistent, sometimes you're robin hood and a few minutes later you're a bloodthirsty asshole.

Hellkniggts can be lawfull neutral pretty and in very rare cases even lawfull good.

>met first proper dragon boss somewhere in the mountains
>got excited
>used grandmaster's rod + energy drain just to check if its immune to it
>accidentally put it on autocast and swapped to a different character
>one turn later dragon died

Well fuck.

At that point you just auto attack everything, user

Attached: Ilthuliakbolds.webm (1920x1080, 2.75M)

Well, other end game bosses are immune to such fuckery, so I hoped for something more than this.

They even made rovagug immune to death by negative stats (one curse of idiocy puts his intelligence at -2, he should fall unconscious\die but he gives zero fucks about it) so why not fix the only fucking dragon you have in your game.

more like turn BASED mod

At that point you can just output so much damage nothing can stop you.
Here's a spoiler for the lategame
You saw those spoilers about the Lantern King's special abilities? The scariest of them being dispelling every single buff you have? Turns out it's pretty simple to defeat his first phase in the first round, before he casts it. Then you keep the buffs for the rest of the fight.

In my playthrough I greased him good and he kept slipping. Not the most honorable death.

>other end game bosses are immune to such fuckery, so I hoped for something more than this.
the other games don't let you buff as much not achieve ToB tier gear

Attached: Spawn of Auto Attack.webm (900x506, 2.85M)

Jaethal's my favorite character just for the sheer amount of stupid yet 100% useful and viable shit you can build her into. Valerie too to a much lesser extent

Is there waifus in this game? Any tiddy monster/fodder too? Mods?

Yes.
Kinda.
Not the kind of mods you seem to be hoping for

>Is there waifus in this game
Yes

Attached: pf tiefling waifu3.png (1486x929, 450K)

I used the infinity cheat enginee back in the day to turn all my party into nymphs and myself into a dragon.

>Turn-based mod
Now I'm intrigued.

It works better than the official Pillars mode

Hmmm. Will have to check it out later.