>Doom VR

Reasons for not buying VR:
>costs upwards to 1000 dollars

I'm so conflicted, Yea Forums

Attached: eba healp.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8-rm6R9bJ98
store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey
reddit.com/r/ValveIndex/comments/cavxww/index_controller_thumbstick_click_simple_fix_no/
youtu.be/nURY8SBhwCU
twitter.com/yosp/status/1110354038732681216
roadtovr.com/monthly-connected-vr-headsets-steam-1-million-milestone/
youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why go for the most expensive one?

Reasons for buying VR:
>Koikatu VR

the finger sensors

Attached: Screen_Shot_2018_06_22_at_3.26.11_PM.0.jpg (1200x800, 106K)

How good are these actually?

Reasons for not buying VR:
>this iteration of VR isn't actually VR, proof: say you punched me in the face in VR, would I feel anything? No? This VR isn't VR, it's a meme gimmick fad that is already over.

Attached: 1533407240360.png (141x134, 18K)

It's still closest we're getting.

Better than lasering things with a wand.

The oculus touch controllers have finger sensors too my friend

Yeah but you can't flip off people though.

It depends on if it's worth it to you. Be real with yourself. Will you play superhot vr more than once, or maybe twice?
Beat saber's great, are you actually going to git gud or are you just gonna download a fuckoff pack of songs then never play any after playing and maybe managing to get through a couple of your favorites?
Tabletop sim I guess you can make excuses for, but it depends on if you have people to play with.
the rest of that stuff is meh. Doom VR especially is really bad.

Get a Rift S, then sell it when valve stops jewing it's overpriced headset. Few games even support the Knuckles finger sensing, and the current revision have a huge issue with the ministicks not clicking when off center. Don't pay the retarded early adopter tax when there isn't even software to take advantage of the controllers.

They're on-off. Knuckles have partial finger sensing. But barely anything uses it yet, and existing games have to be tweaked for them.

They're nothing like the Knuckle though.

can you pill me on this one user
I already lost 40 gallons of sperm on koikatsu
what am I in for
how much cost are we looking at?

Two words:
Uncanny
Valley

Depends.

Attached: vr chart.jpg (2048x1946, 520K)

That's a meme

>"Oh man I can't feel the pain of death and have my brain kill me from shock, thus it isn't REAL VR"
>"Well if I can't transfer my consciousness into it and risk never being able to wake up due to glitches, hacking or other various flaws of hardware and software then it isn't REAL VR"
Just put a gun to your head and tell yourself it's a VR transference device and when you pull the trigger you'll be in the VR world instead of shitting up everything thread with your Matrix-esque delusions

Attached: 1561658273681.jpg (962x1024, 113K)

Attached: garbage wand.webm (1280x720, 492K)

>it's a meme gimmick fad that is already over
I know this is what you tell yourself to sleep at night but the truth is:

>VR headset sales just keep increasing in headsets sold per month
>more steam accounts with VR headsets than with Linux systems

Literally mathematically impossible to fail. Keep coping

>Vive pro
>Old
>Worse than the Index in every single way

You keep coping by yourself, at least my team the "vr is a meme gimmick fad" have each others.

Attached: seethe poorfag he said as his thread fell off of page 11 because no one but him has VR.png (897x356, 60K)

Attached: Digital Combat Simulator.webm (872x634, 2.93M)

>Reasons for not buying VR:
>wearing glasses
ftfy

You screencapped a dead on arrival thread so you'd have an epic "gotcha" pic to help with your seething in future threads? To plan this far ahead in your coping, I actually respect.

Don't buy the wrong headset and don't wear tumblr hipster glasses. I wear glasses and I've had a Rift since 2016, no problems.

all meme gimmick shit that gets boring after a couple of hours

t. "i-i don't want it to be good because I don't want to spend the money"

cope

>feel like getting into cheaper entry level vr headsets
>windows meme reality already discontinued already
VR is dead as fuck.

What's a nice single player game I can sink my teeth into that has exploration vibes? ALso, what's the most played multiplayer at the moment? ALSO has anyone tried out the environments much lately? I tried the horror candy shop and was upset that there isn't a game like this where you explore a house with cool things in it.

>US military buying 300,000k USD fighter training VR headsets that are worse than a Rift

Attached: D92BKbdUEAUZzEr.jpg (1707x2048, 541K)

I can't even tell if OP in picture was serious about Kanojo being too expensive and not just torrenting it.

>wearing glasses
Funny, that's the reason 3DTV failed. And people expect VR which is bigger than 3D glasses to take off? HEH.
youtube.com/watch?v=8-rm6R9bJ98

>epic games

Hmmmm

Nice, you got the book too. Feel like it didn't actually cover the period where Rift first shipped with no controllers and how they remidied that. Just goes straight into the Trump stuff. Oh, Palmer. Will you EVER learn?

Attached: in 2019...I am forgotten.png (614x658, 650K)

That's not what the post you replied to meant, brainlet. He was mentioning problems certain glass wearers have when trying to wear glasses inside a VR headset.

>former epic games boss
Epic, my dude.

Odyssey+ is a WMR headset.

i regularly see the asus and hp mixed reality headsets go for 150 or so on ebay

>More headsets sold than people using Linux.
*breathes in*
Hahahahahaha, you can’t be fucking serious bro. Why did you think that’s a good metric to use and not something that’s good for a laugh. Nobody cares about Linux. Hahahahaha, look at this guy.

The military VR stuff was wacky. In VR we call 20ms latency the absolute max. Meanwhile they're using HMDs with 50ms latency. And the troops get sick - of course they do.

But they're paid to put up and shut up, and they do. Read up on the F35 helmet for more cringe VR/AR stories.

For tech that's only been here for exactly 3 years? Compared to fucking linux? And with growth that's only getting faster by the year? I want you to picture in your mind what exactly all of these mean.

Spent like $380 on a rift and a third sensor, and it was definitely worth it for the about 300 ish hours ive spent on various games, mostly h3vr and koikatsu.

Steam survey puts VR users at 0.4% which is half of linux users.

Nigga, it’s a useless metric. One is an OS for weirdos, one is vidya tech. Apples and oranges. Please explain what VR outselling Linux means to you. Bonus points if you can do it without sounding autistic.

This. Picked up an Acer one back in February. Works great.

Custom maid 3d
Vartamate
Vr kanojo
Koikatsu
Galgun 2
Vrchat

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

You're misinterpreting the data. Partially Valve's fault for shoddy design. The 0.41% is the "Most Popular" headset, the oculus rift. Just like the top percentage, the OS, doesn't mean only 71.57% of steam users have an OS installed, it's just the W10 64bit.

Click the thingy and it shows you the percentages of the other headsets. With the Vive at 0.37%, WMR at 0.09%, and "Unknown" at 0.09% (With a +0.08% increase over the past month, which means the crushing majority of these are brand new purchases; Index isn't listed in the list of headsets, so it's a safe assumption that over 90% of "unknown" headsets are Index headsets.

Just add all of those up.

It doesn't mean anything, most games don't support linux so it makes sense linux usage numbers on Steam would be low, it's really just an arbitrary way to show momentum of sales.

If you add up the % change tab, VR has -.02% growth with a whopping .98% (not even 1%) of the market. It’s not taking off, if anything the negative percentage change indicates that many current VR users upgraded to the index, not that new people bought in.
Thank you for realizing my point.

Adding all of the VR headsets there adds to 0.98%. That's close enough to 1%. It sounds small, but when you think of the sheer number of Steam accounts that exist, all of the Chinese bot accounts with no games installed, all of the zoomers and faggots who play nothing but CSGO or PUBG, all of the brazilian favela poorfags who only play the free games... Just about everyone I know who is younger than 40 has a Steam account, even the girls who ended up only playing one game with their boyfriend who they eventually broke up with. One in every 100 people with a Steam account having a VR headset, in only 3 years for a brand new medium, that's fucking astonishing growth.

>muh -.02%
You realize that data fluctuations of this sort are totally within error and normal when you have hundreds of new accounts every day and more and more people entering the survey, right? A company booming in the stock market (or a fucking crypto coin) will still have many slight dips until the peak; with your mindset, you'd be one of the brainlets freaking out and immediately selling, totally missing out on the profits. (Which I did not BTW, I cashed out majorly on ETH a couple of months ago)

The fact that you are this O B S E S S E D that you're willing to nitpick a 0.02% on a fucking voluntary, opt-in survey is proof of how much you're seething.

Keep coping, poorfag.

>opt-in survey
That's a good point.
You have to knowingly enter the survey, and extrapolating the gauss distribution curve you can reasonably assume that the percentage of steam users taking the survey is roughly the same each month due to the sheer number of existing Steam accounts. All things considered it is kinda amazing just how many headsets there are despite people trying to force the "fad" meme, though I already said this in Also
>reddit spacing

HTC is dead in the water for VR just like their phones are. Nobody wants their over priced mediocre electronics

"VR is dead" retards S E E T H I N G at the magnificence of our E X P O N E N T I A L growth

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: monthly-connected-headsets-on-steam-by-number-of-headsets-may-2019.png (639x408, 37K)

>tfw there will be more headsets than atoms in the universe in our lifetime
can't argue with science

>In Death
>Blade and Sorcery
>VRChat which is always a grand old time if you're not a social autist

Every plank particle needs its own VR Headset. It's not fair for any one elemental particle to be left out of the New World.

Please fund Little Witch Academia VR Racing!

Attached: IMG_20190806_160803.jpg (2038x1140, 179K)

I WAS BORRRRN
IN A CROSS FIRE HURRICANE

literally fucking useless

get a Rift S retard. If you are dumb enough to get an Index you deserve to be parted from your money. Enjoy moving your extra fingers that you never use on and off the sensors, in the one game that supports it, totally worth it. Really important you get that pinky tracked for 1000$.

>get a Rift S retard
Ah yes, the headset with as many Q&A problems as the Index, including a single frame of static every 5min disrupting your immersion.

And of course, these figures are only inclusive of Steam, and don’t offer a complete picture of activity on Oculus’ platform (or any insight at all on PSVR which also sold well. There's Switch VR as well but we don't talk about that)

>Falling for the Rift/Vive meme

Static frame was fixed last month
Never had a single other issue with it
Enjoy your thumbsticks that can't click for 1000$ LMAO totally worth that pinky tracking!

I own OG Rift here. Not touching the 80hz headset with a 20ft pool here.

> If you are dumb enough to get a Dualshock you deserve to be parted from your money. Enjoy moving your extra sticks that you never use, in the one game that supports it, totally worth it.

Attached: dualshock.jpg (360x282, 16K)

Literally can't tell the difference. Rift S is so much better than the original Rift it's not even funny. But at least you're still miles ahead of the Vive and still ahead of the Index.

>posts factually wrong info
>deletes his post out of shame

vivelets for you

>get a Rift S retard. If you are dumb enough to get an Index you deserve to be parted from your money. Enjoy moving your extra fingers that you never use on and off the sensors, in the one game that supports it, totally worth it. Really important you get that pinky tracked for 1000$.

>get a Rift S
>get the headset with numerous downsides and compromises over its predecessor that came 2 years before it, making it less of an upgrade and more of a shoddy brainlet sidegrade
> 8 0 h e r t z r e f r e s h r a t e
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

>Really important you get that pinky tracked for 1000$.
>Just forget about the fact that the headset is better in every single way including resolution, FOV, and glorious 90, 120, or 144hz refresh rate
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO BROS

AHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1478343407721.jpg (500x500, 53K)

>is better resolution for half the price

oh no no no

Attached: uQt2dcasBKAF7V7meZF55m-970-80.jpg (970x545, 50K)

Literally nothing is ahead of the Index you Riftlet. If you're in this game to cut corners you should've just bought a Quest.

>Literally nothing is ahead of the Index you Riftlet.
LMAO name one metric and I will find a headset that beats it for half the price
keep coping with your overpriced garbage. I'd be mad too if I paid 1200$ to have my pinky tracked and no games even supported it.

I have both a Quest and A Rift and it cost me 2/3 the cost of an Index lmao

Same. I have a CV1 rift and I feel betrayed by Oculus. CV1 was the fucking best all-round gen 1 headset. Way superior build quality, comfort and lenses, equal tracking quality if you got a third sensor at which point you'd still have lots of spare money compared to the vive, and you even get decent quality, lightweight integrated audio to boot.

And then the fucking Rift S comes along and
>fucking 80hz refresh rate when even 90hz feels gimped after getting used to 144hz monitor
>no wider FoV
>no IPD sensor
>controllers that honestly feel worse
>shoddy controller tracking solution, can't do movements outside the limited scope of the headset's cameras

>muh resolution
Lotta good that does ya when you're getting 10 frames a second less when 90 fps was already not enough IMO

I have a Rift. I'll be getting an Index next. I can afford it and it is objectively the best all-round headset, and it's fucking cheaper than a vive pro

im a complete retard when it comes to VR, would an RTX 2060 super work well with VR? what headset should i get?

>he bought a Quest

Attached: 1360875834729s.jpg (120x125, 3K)

reddit.com/r/ValveIndex/comments/cavxww/index_controller_thumbstick_click_simple_fix_no/

Don't forget to fix your 1000$ controllers, indexlets!

Yeah? And I'd do it again, the Quest is fucking amazing.

TTS is awful in VR, might be the low resolution but damn getting used to the controls was a chore, ended up giving up.
Beat Saber is fucking amazing and Assetto Corsa/IL2 BoX/DCS are game changers

That's the biggest cope I've ever seen. You're coping so hard you can't even bring yourself to go full caps on the OH NO NO because it makes you feel too guilty for trying to latch onto the ONE SINGLE THING the Rift S has against the OG Rift.

You know what I smell? Buyer's remorse. But it's okay user. You can still sell your Rift S and get back a used CV1 or vive on ebay. Or maybe you can even work a little harder at your job and get yourself an Index!

Attached: 1337284652530.jpg (264x264, 31K)

never forget Dirt Rally 2 has VR support as of yesterday

But it's always goddamn sold out!

ABOUT
FUCKING
TIME

>1000$ controllers
?

Attached: kek.png (201x324, 64K)

kek

Pinky-tracking works well but if you want to see one of my other fingers tracking particularly well we can 1v1 Pavlov. Word of warning you'll be at a resolution, tracking, refresh rate, and FOV disadvantage though.

Holy shit this is already possible? What about other sim things with VR? Like commercial jets or trains?

Same. Got them both as birthday gifts. Love the shit outta em. Sideloaded my Quest and through Virtual Desktop on there. Good times.

DCS runs like shit in VR though
X-plane has VR support and there's some train sims coming out on steam with VR support

It's fucking weird how everything Index is now available but the knuckles are still sold out. That might be saying something about how they're valued more than the actual index.

This guy kno-
>Vrchat
Wait what?

Bringing back bad memories of extreme stylus spaghetti.

>Galgun 2
>VR
Wait what? I thought only Galgun VR supported, well, VR

If you don't have a Valve Index or Vive you need to get one, which means you'll get the 1k bundle.
If you want the controllers to have finger tracking you need the new base stations as well, so if you have a Vive already the only thing you can reuse to full effect is the HMD and as far as HMDs go it's pretty shit so you'll probably want the Index bundle anyway and just sell off your Vive at a fraction of the price.

I can't wait to go from Tokyo to Osaka in real time VR on the Hikari.

>LMAO name one metric and I will find a headset that beats it for half the price
That's not how anything works you fucking retard. A product is a sum of all its parts; if a headset has the absolute best screen but a shitty refresh rate, shitty ergonomics and shitty tracking you can't just say it's the best headset to buy because that isn't fucking true.

Car analogy: Someone presents to you their roomy and comfortable yet pretty quick station wagon that fits the owner's needs. You don't just shit on it by saying that a top fuel dragster is faster, an 18-wheeler has more cargo space, a bus can carry more people, and the 50hp car that can't do 60mph but is more economical, therefore the person's station wagon is shit That's not how anything works.

The index is the best all-round headset. Which isn't suprising because it's the only gen 2 headset so far. Rift S is a sidegrade to the Rift at best. HTC will have their shot next but, given their track record, I'm not convinced they'll even have a shot.

Finger tracking is the future though right? Why would you still use garbage wands when the trend will be full hand finger tracking even your pinky. Sure games don't support that NOW but they will and you'll be stuck with a gay laser pointing wand.

You can use the Vive base stations with the Index controllers.

>buying Oculus anything

Never forget
youtu.be/nURY8SBhwCU

You mean the meme ridden shitfest of people being brainlet reactionaries and saying that you'd be having facebook ads fed straight into your headset? The thing that ended up not being true at all and in hindsight was fucking braindead?

Yeah but they won't work as well and I assume don't support the hand tracking, hence my wording in the post.

Doesn't matter who bought Oculus. Whether it was Amazon, Microsoft, whoever the fuck. Reaction would be equal. No real lesser evil in the bunch and Valve while being open collaborators wouldn't have sprung for that kind of money.

This was already 5 years ago? Fuck.

Enjoy faceberg tracking your VR fap sessions and broadcasting it to your wall of friends.

Zucc is currently VR Boy Number One. Ousting Mark Cuckerberg or breaking up Facebook would do catastrophic damage to the VR industry and set it back years, if not decades.

I bought my HTC Vive at release more than 3 years back.
I still play it but not as often.
Keeping the empty space for it is what makes me think VR gaming won't catch on.

Attached: sort of poor college student 12.jpg (3999x3238, 3.48M)

twitter.com/yosp/status/1110354038732681216
roadtovr.com/monthly-connected-vr-headsets-steam-1-million-milestone/

Yeah. PSVR is significant. Even if the games on it are shit.

But these numbers really just help cement it: VR is here to fucking stay at this point. The point at which it could fail has already passed.

Yeah I hate it. Motherfucker knows how to checkmate and checkmate well.

Hence

There's no facebook integration on Oculus software. You absolutely cannot login with your facebook details, or link a FB account (if you even have one) to Oculus software.

t. oculus user with no social media

Facebook helped the VR industry acquire the exponential growth it needed. I'm not happy it had to be Facebook, I don't like fucking Facebook, but even a monolith like Valve wouldn't have cut it.

So the waifus are actually safe?

I guess, but safe has such a loose definition.

Koikatsu VR says yes.

Attached: news reporter vr.webm (960x540, 3M)

KEK

>someone was desperate to make this so people fall for the VR meme only to find out that it's nothing like this webm which was cut and pasted from 3 separate videos

It's fake.

Attached: 1558534274576.jpg (1590x720, 156K)

youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk

>nothing like this webm
The maker of that webm actually made a few videos like that and a small UE demo
Also webm related

Attached: bullying.webm (1280x720, 2.65M)

kys OP

all the games you mentioned are gay shit

>New heights for richard

Attached: 385.jpg (317x267, 12K)

That guy is so desperate for Patreon money it's not even funny.

are you mentally retarded

why are you posting all this shit

Seething poorfag

>if you don't want VR your poor lel
you know shit
i own VR and i would never play that any of garbage, it is not even good VR vidya

No Mans Sky VR comes out in a few days,
very likely will be the best use of VR yet.

Then name some good ones.

Games I could play just fine, for many years, without VR.

Sean Murray is a goddamn madman. He saw the Endgame and gambled it all with no hopes or chance of survival and he did.

What are some cheap alternatives?

The gear VR

>very likely will be the best use of VR yet
doubt.jpg

Explain to a skeptic user, does No Man's Sky even qualify as a game yet?

Yes, actually. The NEXT update added a lot, including multiplayer with friends. Upcoming is the Beyond update which adds more, I don't recall specifics but I do know they're adding an Online mode so that you can actually be in an instance with others as opposed to needing to invite them, they stated it wouldn't be MMO scale though and they're adding VR for the entire game. Sean Murray was pretty smart about the backlash NMS got and kept his mouth shut until the NEXT update was ready for release, likewise they only stated Beyond to be coming out late August after months with dead air between then and its announcement. Basically nobody can really say shit if you drop off the map, deliver the goods then drop back off.

>Not listing Virt-A-Mate

Attached: 1565242009.jpg (1920x1080, 918K)

Attached: doggowut.webm (206x400, 2.79M)

google cardboard