XIV

How are you enjoying the Moonfire Faire?

Attached: moonfire faire.jpg (1920x1080, 484K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9QebThvVKKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=W5ESyEzS1tA
kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xiv-voice-actress-found-murdered-1751683161
youtube.com/watch?v=qAHFZR0D9ss
youtube.com/watch?v=VKMw2it8dQY
dopr.net/ff14playguide/treasurehunt5-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cute bunny butt.

I'm never leaving.

Attached: fantasy.jpg (1901x987, 419K)

probably the best event glamours we've had in a while

>nothing for getting to the top

Attached: 1520298559001.jpg (641x653, 31K)

Is DRK really as bad as people say? I love the aesthetic of the job but everyone has been saying to steer clear, but they never really go into detail about why, only "It was better in HW"

Attached: 1561178998950.png (1023x655, 707K)

I WANT THE ENDLESS SUMMER BOY SHORTS FOR MY TOMBOY

>No Float

Attached: battered.jpg (1024x576, 65K)

What can you get from the faire? I havn't been on much this week due to work.

>even more generic Kimono shit and tiny masks
At least the pool furnishing is kind of neat.

I had fun.
Wish I could get to the top but it was killing my wrist.

Attached: ffxiv_08072019_205312_607.png (1920x1080, 969K)

Attached: 1557152407042.jpg (900x466, 59K)

The second I step down is when they put the reward up there.

Attached: ffxiv_920.jpg (1920x1017, 451K)

>all the furniture items are outdoor aside from a poster

Lame. At least the mask is cute.

I'll pick them up anyway in case I ever get around to buying a small house but I dunno.

What else goes with the happis besides last year's bottom/shisui bottom?

I'm wearing an infantry skirt with mine

Drk is fine now, it will never be as good as it was in HW but honestly most classes reached their peak when it came to how well they played in HW due to everything having way more buttons and being less homogenized all around.

As far as how well it is as a tank it's pretty good, it's amazing in dungeons and okay in raids. Also, just play what you want, fuck what other people say.

Why are people giving away battered fish? Is this a meme?

black spats!

A quest gives you a voucher for battered fish if you're too lazy to do the platforming quest.

I have the red one with the fuga hakama and the blue one with glade slops at the moment. Not 100% fitting but Im finding theyre quite versatile as long as youre not using panties

Theres a faire quest to turn in battered fish.

For the event quest

It's people being nice and helping others get the items easily you fucking sperg, things don't always have to be some kind of meme

plain long skirt

This aged well.

Kinda lame that the masks look like they're just stapled to your forehead on Vieras rather than skewed to the side.
But it's still pretty cute when worn like a proper mask.

>last event's legs in the art
>cant re-earn it
mad

Not to be a complete retard but.. how do I use Horoscope? It's a delayed heal that requires you to cast an aoe to have it go off? inb4 reroll WHM.

Just do level 62 dungeon. The underwater palace

Thank you for saving my time. Fuck that.

Yeah, this is what you dumb niggers get for supporting the cash shop. Before the cash shop existed, previous event items were sold for gil.

You know raid damage is coming up -> put down Horoscope / Earthly Star, pop after raid damage has happened.
It's literally a job about predicting the future and reading the stars and shit they are trying hard to make people use their brains but god damn people really aren't getting it are they.

tick tock weeb only three week until your barren game gets literally sahara tier when classic hits

I just went and got the rewards I wanted and left. Idgaf about the social aspect of the game, too many weebs and neckbeards hiding behind slutty cats and bunnies.

I have almost every shisui set, but the point is that those can be died whereas only one or two versions get the skirt as a dungeon drop and you have to build colors around it.

Yes, well, the class simply hasn't played like that at all up until now. I shall do what I can to adjust and work it into my skills.

What genre of music would you listen to for each class?

DNC - Eurobeat
SAM - Hip Hop/Rap
DRK - Heavy Metal
PLD - Classical
MNK - Eastern Classical
GNB - Japanese Rock
WAR - Rock

What am I supposed to shitpost about now? Healer dps? The entire state of NIN?

BLM - Viking Metal

I leveled DNC just for the slutglam AF gear. Can't wait for it to be dyeable.

Attached: 1442986316741.png (386x647, 232K)

>finally fix computer haven't played in over a week
>do msq roulette to finally get drg up to level 60
>make it to the final boss in castrum, modem craps out, dc from internet

fuck

nin is getting fixed so i guess healer dps

why is it that some people get SO buttranged about healers doing dps?

w-what?

Attached: 1562039084276.jpg (972x972, 359K)

AST is still pretty ripe for shitposting. Especially after they sidestepped all its issues in the live letter and told people to deal with it.

WE FALLLLLLLL, WE FALLLLLLLL

>nin is getting fixed
lol no it isn't

>NIN is getting fixed
They're not going to have it fixed in time for 5.1, possibly not even 5.2.

MNK BROS, they're going to nerf us instead of buffing SAM. Enjoy the job while you can, this is as high as we'll ever soar.

Attached: 1556574735317.jpg (597x596, 57K)

what if you gained meditation stacks on using iaijutsu

Don't AST dps only fall slightly behind WHM and SCH now? Surely they ultimately balance it out (pun intended) with cards.

Do you get this costume from the event?

>tfw was planning to go up again with behemoth mount like last year
>mounts disabled

Attached: 1537837995077.jpg (849x720, 110K)

This plays in my head when I nuke the shit out of everything as BLM
youtube.com/watch?v=9QebThvVKKQ

The dps is improving and will over time, but it's still a clunky mess to play that most raiders don't even want to bother with.

You get the top, mask, and tabi. You don't get the legs.

The best event was back in ARR and that's only because everyone did it longer since it was great for leveling up classes and there was more rewards.

MCH - Pumped Up Kicks remixes

>switch to smn to level it since it's 70 and will level sch as well
Gods it's clunky. Especially after getting 60 in BLM.

>Wanted to climb to the top
>Theres too many people climbing at the same time and i can't see shit
Fuck that i guess.

>they all have skirts and long ass robes on the bottom so I can barely see my feet for the tight jumps

Attached: 1564905228833.jpg (229x220, 5K)

>they're going to nerf us instead of buffing SAM
did you even watch the liveletter

MNK is comparable to BLM, the pet class. Expect all potencies to be nerfed by the next raid tier.

If you really want to be a dick, hop onto a rung and mount a behemoth to block the view.

Until when does this last

If only there was some kind of official site you could check for that information

How the fuck do I play MNK. I have it at 71 but I have no idea what I'm doing

>footfag

>mount a behemoth
confirmed for not doing event

PLD or GNB in terms of fun?

GNB

Nah give it a try man.

Nigga be specific.

What's the hardest part of titan savage?

you play the better striking gear job

why don't seasonal events give emotes anymore?

I hate SAM though

Fuck you avatar poster fucking killyourself

This fucking tower is killing me.

Attached: 1514610007453.png (500x555, 265K)

>going through Heavensward
>encounter Ilberd for the first time since before the start of HW
>gone from Richard Epcar putting on a slightly snooty voice, to MEGA NORF
So am I to believe Ala Mhigo is fantasy Yorkshire? This is hilarious.

Attached: 1126607268604.png (359x330, 121K)

Yeah, it's 4channel.

I just started ShB and I'm loving my edgelord Scion outfit that you get from Tataru before starting ShB, like I know it's a really edgy outfit but I love it.

It's the Scion Traveler outfit set. I look like a really edgy samurai now.

When am I supposed to be using True Balance and RoF? And should I be waiting for a Demolish to hit a certain time to reapply it or should I just be doing 1 2 3 4 5 6 as my combo

Also, am I supposed to be using Tornado Kick at all? It just seems so expensive for an attack that does only a bit more than 2 punches

SCH
youtube.com/watch?v=W5ESyEzS1tA

Why did Tataru make such an edgy outfit anyway?

Do we know what we are getting for the Halloween event? Was anything datamined from 5.0?

They replaced Ilberd too? Dammit
I know a lot of the voices are plain better but some were already good and didn't need to be replaced

just like england it's full of sand people

>So am I to believe Ala Mhigo is fantasy Yorkshire?
They're Turkish Scots with Buddhist warrior priests and they decided to give every Ala Mhigan a consistent Yorkshire accent for some reason.

Cause she has good taste. Honestly I love it, even if people make fun of the edgy aesthetics of it. It makes you look more sinister like a Warrior of Darkness, so maybe it was suppose to fit the theme of the expansion?

They switched to an entirely different studio with British stage actors, so Epcar was left behind. I liked Epcar as Gaius, but I think HW Ilberd is a huge improvement.

Anyone here managed to clear E2S with pugs? The enrage timer is destroying all my groups

Attached: 1564622131244.jpg (300x300, 22K)

You ain't seen shit yet senpai.

>Use perfect balance for your opener until you get Anatman
>form shift into coeurl, use demolish, then use PB and do snap punch > snap punch > dragon kick > twin snakes > bootshine
>perfect balance should fall off afterwards so just do another raw bootshine and continue with your rotation
>use Riddle of Fire and Brotherhood after getting all your GL stacks for most damage
>dont use tornado kick unless the boss is below 1% and even then better to use it at 0.2% than at 0.9%
>when perfect balance comes off cooldown again, alternate between dragon kick and bootshine and use demolish or snap if demo is about to fall off or your GL is about to expire

You'll find MNK has a bunch of useless buttons.
To get started, form shift to demolish. Use that, DK then twin snakes -> the other combo finisher.

From there you wanna alternate demolish every two combos and twin snakes and Dragon Kick should be applied every other combo.

That's the BnB of it.
For RoF weave it in the beginner of your openers and then brotherhood soon after.

AoE is a simple 1 - twin snakes - 3
1-2-3

It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it.
PB once you get your stacks then DK - bootshine repeat and demolish before it ends.

Epcar Gaius is just a really bad James Earl Jones impersonation.

There's no need to use twin snakes if you already have it applied during your AOE combo because four-point refreshes it

Wasn't clear, I mentioned it just in case they didn't apply it yet. Then 123 repeat

It's just Batou shouting into a tin can, but I thought it worked for him. Gaius is a guy who plays up the part of being a scary, intimidating conqueror because fear is an extremely powerful weapon that doesn't even need to take any lives to win.

Coming from DRG to MCH, i really hate those instant weaponskill, just put them in ability so i can weave goddamnit

Attached: 1565072599731.png (540x301, 147K)

Okay I have a dumb FSH question, do I need to keep different levels of bait or will high level freshwater bait work for lower level freshwater fish just fine?

I know it's one of Epcar's existing voices, but he was really trying to be edgier Darth Vader.

Why is it so hard for you dyslexic netflix healer faggots to use LB3? Where you dropped as a kid? Did you not bind it to an easy to reach place? Do you lack situational awareness to the point that people typing "healer lb3!" doesn't inform you that you should probably limit break? I mean wtfnjffjksdfjksdfjksdfsdg

Attached: 1497053833697.png (209x213, 55K)

Well at least it wasn't like Yugiri

Who had to be replaced because her VA was murdered.

what did they say in the liveletter?

Please stop bringing that shit up.

okay?

Attached: 1551830940380.jpg (230x193, 19K)

too busy paying attention to my cute bunny move :3 can't take my eyes off her

Alright. This is starting to make more sense now

DRG - Choir/Orchestra, Hymns

I did the jumping thing 4 times and already bought 1 of everything, am I missing something? why is there so many players grinding it hardcore?

Attached: ffxiv_07192019_190543_158.png (1920x1080, 1.38M)

>had to be replaced because her VA was murdered
What the fuck

Attached: 1561348556556.jpg (1440x810, 125K)

No, we must remember, she must be remembered. A person only truly dies when they are forgotten.

Ask /xivg/

This. Just put an NPC up there that gives you a title. or something like that

1 more month left til you go back to school summerfag
kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xiv-voice-actress-found-murdered-1751683161

Don't ask, you don't want to know.

Because they want to get to the very top.

BLM makes me think of Tetragrammaton by The Mars Volta. Level 80 move is Xenoglossy and the song talks about Glossolalia which is just another way of saying Xenoglossy. Feels right to me but I'm a dummy so I could be misinterpreting.

Why are you still talking if you have nothing to say?

It's all muscle memory once it clicks you'll soar like an eagle

So I finished all role quests and the additional one, but I'm still confused. How exactly did the flood happen?

She literally had one fucking line you overdramatic redditniggers

Based unsubbed retard

Everyone should always have LB on their hot bar, but 95% of the shit in the game you'll never use a healer LB3 so it's jut an oversight to use it

i was a diff user i'm just making note you're an awkward retard

Why are you talking shit when you haven't tried it man? It's totally possible.

>Overdramatic
I mean
Regardless of how many lines she had she was still murdered, not rally being overdramatic about that aspect.

also her two kids

go to /vg/ please you recluse and forever ignored trannies

WESTERN LIES BLEED TWORDS THE EAST
WAYWARD DAUGHTER STEP INTO THE NIGHT
RESTLESS EYES BLIND TO THE BEAST
BARREN WATERS YIELD UNTO THE TIDE

>marries an African
>he kills her and her children
Wow what a shocker

>Kotaku
Come on bro

>the face of a final fantasy online player
in case you guys ever wondered who's behind the avatar lols

Attached: fpx6z2u.jpg (1462x1926, 259K)

I want a bikini

would you like me to copy paste it in a pastebin and mail you a copy of it on blank canvas paper instead?

nigger

youtube.com/watch?v=qAHFZR0D9ss
>Battle intro running with yoiur bros
>that transition at 4:19 into the new battle phase
FFXIV is the ultimate kino mmorpg

Attached: 1540697884245.jpg (354x286, 15K)

It was better in HW, but ShB DRK is better than SB DRK. Unfortunately, ShB DRK is basically a better WAR in how it plays, which is fine, considering how fucking boring WAR is now.

Just find another source bro.

It's just boring. You spam 123 2.5 times then press 4, that's the entire rotation.

>tfw climbing to the top
>half way there
>it finally clicks that I don't know why I'm doing this
>ask "is there a reward for completing this?"
>get generic meme answers
>respond "damn, thought there'd be a reward for people spending hours on this"
>get passive aggressive responses like, "Nope. No reward, cya." "It doesn't need a reward" "Goodbye :)"

Why are people so passive aggressive in this game? Shit's mind boggling. They take offence to the smallest criticism, it's worrying.

Attached: 1565229603386.png (202x206, 46K)

Zoomers act like this hasn't been the case for decades now.

>playing NIN, AST, DNC, MCH, SMN, RDM, MNK, SAM, DRG, or WAR

Attached: 1562447827580.png (368x686, 360K)

i'm glad my terribly timed internet troubles remind inspire your viking metal user

Go away WHM.

Gee I wonder what you main.

name a better xiv character. i'll wait

Attached: 1562693717515.jpg (800x885, 122K)

But why faggot?

Her HW VA had to be replaced, yes, but she had another VA in ARR who got left behind with the studio switch. Also her French and German VAs had problems, too. Basically, anyone who voices Yugiri who isn't Japanese suffers.

most people who play this game are from twitter and are super lefty so they unload their own suicidal thoughts onto you in the form of passive aggression

congrats user you made them live another day, they could've ended it without you being a punching bag

>most people who play this game are from twitter
How does someone even come to this conclusion.

I'd also guess it's kind of like buyer's remorse. They invested time to get up there and got fuckall for it. user's question just reminded them of that fact. So they get mad and have to dilate.

Matoya

FSH

When I was doing it yesterday most responses were just meme answers or plainly stated "accomplishment"

Sounds like you're on an asshole server.

here you go

Attached: Haurchefant.png (1776x1000, 2.13M)

Attached: 1551542708287.png (1267x667, 1.95M)

He don't look french

>let gay meme boy

Fishing in the tempest is peak comfy.

>why yes I do main BTN, how could you tell?

Attached: 1562452438581.jpg (1242x1528, 1.02M)

will they ever have east coast servers? The fact I can't play most jobs because of this is infuriating

Just was a phone posting accident

Estinien

Holy shit an unironic zoomer who needs an achievement every time he takes a step.

You've outed yourself as an unsubbed retard because they put the tower in a zone this year where you can't go on your mounts.

Urianger has manipulated people like 3 times now why the fuck do the scions trust him at all

nothing gay about loving your bro

How do i go about finding A+ hunts? Do i just wait until someone finds it and announces it instead?

Attached: 1553450265090.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

Because
>it's for the benefit of everyone
>he's cool

I don't know why you keep trying to convince me that you can't ride your mount there when I've rode my apache to the top.

So I just started playing again after a 2 year break and half the abilities on my paladin are greyed out.

What the fuck happened.

Also one of the high level abilities requires sword stance but I have no fucking sword stance anymore, what the fuck is going on.

Most jump puzzles in the game are literally for fun or viewpoints. If anything, people are probably just damn tired of people asking the same thing "Is there anything at the top?" every 5 minutes. It's actually pretty amusing to me reading the shit people come up with in response whenever someone asks that question.

Myste is the good/innocent side of you that manifested as a child and Haurchefant, that gave you succor in your time of need.

actually I'm pretty sure earlier in the event it wasn't there

Smite first, do not ask questions.

>is still his birth gender
Checkmate wowthiest. See,we're not all trannys.

Attached: 1497489462120.gif (320x240, 1.58M)

what the fuck happened to just doing challeging things because it fun overcoming the challenge?

Everytime he's done it it's ended up being good.

How about play the game instead of whining?

Chopper go to sleep.

the great pruning, please understand and thank you for playing

Different user but I wouldn't consider a jumping puzzle to be something worthy of spending my time on in XIV with how it controls for platforming.

>how could you tell?
You like someone whos used to handling wood.

Attached: 82b362d513f083fbe05acf966a73c98d.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

Fuck. Super comfy theme to boot, too. Really hoped there would have been some Matoya-possessing Y''shtola to protect her-gimmicks because of the trailer.

did you just assume zir/zäth gender? you're forbidden from showing your face at the quicksand tonight

Kiddy-pool lawn ornament, Doman/Japanese festival gear.

Old crone just wants to be left alone and protect the astral sea

Genji hakama is perfect.

>proper tabi
>planned to use it with the rest of the rainbow scouting set for a generic ninja glamour, the actual feet to the set are still light boots
>the tabi can't be dyed and only come in white

Attached: 1556942416024.jpg (404x422, 163K)

This. His character arc has a perfect ending but I still want to see more of him. Somehow the most well written character in all of is an ascian. If you had traveled back in time and told me that would be the case in 2.0, 3.0, or 4.0 I would’ve laughed you out of the room.

Attached: C8AFB3C6-C1D8-4348-B559-D0BF68406A6C.jpg (819x1024, 93K)

Bros I'm scared for SAM, what if they fuck up the Shoha re-work by tying it to only Gekko and Kasha combo finishers.

OH FUGG :DDD

This thread seems quite nice. There aren't any katanas in here, right?

>Crits have a 70% to open a stack of Meditation

You know it'll happen

Why would you say this.

Attached: 02734p04096407934.jpg (481x347, 16K)

isn't DRK supposed to have lots of double weaving

youtube.com/watch?v=VKMw2it8dQY

I really think Emet-Selch is the best, most well-written character in Final Fantasy.

>but shb drk is better than sb drk
this is how i know you are a shit player

Attached: 1559749098889.png (599x352, 122K)

I don't think so, if only because he's constrained within an MMO and because of this gets hardly any screentime.

Dark arts felt like shit to use. The only version of DRK worth mourning is HW DRK.

used to yeah, then they removed dark arts so you couldn't dark arts your ogcds and replaced it with a run-of-the-mill damage ogcd that gives you a 10% damage increase for 30s

After XIV finishes up they need to sic their dev-team on making a bigass Tactics game out of its plot so their April Fool's video for Alexander isn't a total waste

>it's a "pretend that arbitrarily inflating your APM with Dark Arts spam means the job has depth" episode

dark arts felt fine, dark knight right now is a braindead abomination

Jokes on (You), niggerbrains, I was also an unaffiliated third party.

The only thing worthwhile that was lost from 4.X to 5.0 was DRK's AoE self-sustain.
Everything else was an improvement.

I'd much prefer something new. At best, something set in Eorzea. I don't want to play the same plot again.

I want this so badly, but the concept is too good for this world.

so is it just a standard easy class like Paladin now?

Attached: 1552060953574.gif (480x360, 1.19M)

Why do black people make better anime than japanese people do?

Is no one playing today? I'm getting some really long queue times, even as a tank or healer.

Ysayle though...

>used to be able to pull off any tank at any time as RDM
>now can't even pull off the shittiest of shit tanks even on pull
why did they kill RDM bros

Attached: 1547866189556.png (492x504, 356K)

How is it any more braindead than it was in Stormblood?

Because you're all retards.

I think you're just stupid.

Ysayle is trash you stupid waifufag

You are dumb/

Ysayle is boring.
I honestly think at times she's more engaging than Emet if only because they actually gave her screentime

I have GSM, LTW, and WVR at 300 desynth. Whats the best way to push through to Shadowbringer stuff?

Agreed. He’s just got so many layers. If you look deep into him there’s a lot to unpack and he’s extremely complex, even more so than the story lets on. But even on the surface, he’s a great, snarky, fun character to be around and interact with. Every line of dialogue he has is gold. I really don’t know how they did it.

Attached: D687176A-481C-4C3E-AE82-943AC43D4B89.jpg (908x763, 408K)

>black people
>making Japanimation
yikes

How many people do I need for map dungeons, is 4 people okay? I just don't want to take forever between maps

>check friends stat
>2400 skill speed on sam
is this viable or is it a shitty meme

Attached: 1478014419814.png (314x278, 129K)

>Emet didn't get screentime

What the actual fuck are you talking about?

WHATS MY NAME NIGGUH?

Attached: boondocks1.png (700x350, 79K)

Not as much as Ysayle.

how much did I miss out when it comes to Shadowbringers for not having played Crystal Tower?

>bro I'm so strong I can rip aggro off the tank lol

Why do Dancers always mash limit break as soon as its full on single target bosses? Why don't they let the melee do it?

haha, get fucked apartment fag

Dude plays SAM.

>I'm helping!

WHO MORE THAN ONE HOUSE HERE? ;)
(you) AT ME

You missed out on a few dialogue options and the flashback cutscene with Urianger and the Exarch was changed. Other than that and a bit of added context, nothing much. For what it’s worth, I did Crystal Tower a couple years ago and remembered fuck all. I didn’t even realize the Exarch was G’raha Tia until he took off the hood. And when I saw him I felt nothing.

phew.

The best character in Shadowbringers

Attached: 197834853.png (1920x1080, 1.58M)

If they plan to condense ARR do you think they'll fuck with the level curve pre-50 a little?

Honestly I found him way cooler than Emet. He felt way more fleshed out. It could just be his cool ass voice but Emet has a cool voice too, so that can't be it.

I'd want the same plot again but developed as a full thing, since there's loads of stuff that seems half-baked or written as it went. Yda and Ala Mhigo in general were treated as "alright let's wrap up old plot-threads so we can move onto the interesting stuff in shadowbringers", for example, or precisely why Lahabrea and Ascians in general died as easily as they did.

I'm convinced people who say PLD is easy only do the basic rotation + CDs and don't do anything else like cover, veil, intervene, ect.Yea it definitely used to be be braindead, but PLD is now no worse than the rest.

anyone?

Damn you right.

”PLEASE let this work!” and “If you could take another step, would you?”

Do you get anything for getting to the top of the jump quest tower?

am i a bad person if I tell everyone in game im black so I can say nigga?

There's the most potential for profit with a full 8-man party of maps done round-robin like usual just because that's more maps to work through, but map dungeons can be done fine with five or so people.

What, all by myself?

>recruiting for static
>guy wants to join
>"oh yeah i cleared titan day 3 on my main"
why are you joining us our dinky levi prog team then wtf you beat the game bro

Attached: nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg (800x450, 24K)

I think that's acceptable.

only if you do FFA and fuck that, i tried that my first day and I got 4x leather on my map and fuck me lost it because it was FFA.

Grunt Ascians are just that, grunts. People who were given shitty Beheits.
Lahabrea was a cocky cartoon villain who after thousands of years of immortality got blindsided by "Wait, they actually figured out how to kill me for reals?"

I've only heard that it's a really basic tank job, I've never played it personally.

both pug groups i've cleared with have both beat it just as the final cast is about to go off. No one can get hit by the adds at the end and no deaths damn near in order to clear currently.

I don't get how XIV does shit
I joined an FC cos I wanted to do raids, then it turns out the FC doesn't do raids I have to join a "static". The 2 statics in the FC have people from outside of the FC, no one else wants to form a "static"
Why is this shit like this? I thought the whole point of joining a FC is to play together with the people in the FC

They didn't die easily, it's us that are fucking overpowered. Before that no one in the previous seven shards could have handled the golem they send against you in the first ten levels of the MSQ.

Whats the best way to make money without crafting?

Dailies, treasure-maps.

I just want this game to be safeguarded for posteriority in some way really. I worry about not being able to revisit it 20 years from now should i want to.

dont you have to fish to get treasure maps?

FCs do and do not raid together. Thats exactly what the static is for, been that way since the start of the game. So it is normal to NOT "Raid savage" with your FC.

However I would recommend doing the normal stuff with them, normal raids, roulettes, all the consumable content.

You can buy them on the marketboard from others. You can also find them from botany and mining.

Sell ERP services to degenerates

I'm convinced the team had an entirely different idea for ascians and Zodiark back in ARR and that light/dark was supposed to be some Kingdom Hearts-tier of corny, shallow narrative instead of having a proper well-detailed explanation like we have now

fucking XI is still run with a subscription fee nearly twenty years later you'll be fine

You have to spend money to make money

Gather in general, they're randomly found at nodes. You can buy the maps off of the market-board, right now solo maps are about 10k a pop and 8-man maps about 100k a pop. It's basically running the lottery but in general maps are quite profitable, and even if none of you make it to the end of the treasure-dungeon after a portal spawns there'll be enough gil from chests and such along the way that you'll recoup any losses at worst.

I can press a button and wait to do that, rather than herd trannies into my group

based official ffxiv art showing bunny ass

A static isnt very, you know, static, if you aint raiding with the same people every week. So yea, FC's are for playing with FCmates...in dungeons/alliance raid/maps/ect, not savage. As for the 2 statics having people outside the FC, most likely what happened was some version of:
>Hey lets form a FC Static
>Ok we got 6 people. anyone else?
>no? ok I guess we'll pull from outside the FC

Part of me wants to see a single player turned-based FFXIV just to see how they would translate things like boss mechanics

Not it at all, I wanted to join one and they asked if any on wanted in cos they needed 2 dps
I said I would, was the only person to ask. They totally blanked me and recruited 2 random people from the LGBT XIV Discord

Tank here, I miss it too.
I knew the DPS was doing work when it happened. Like, shit nigga, calm the fuck down, we're just clearing trash.

That's probably somewhat true. But as long as i can form a headcanon that makes stupid not as stupid and doesnt go against canon I can deal.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND SUMMONER

PLS BRING BACK 3.0 SMN YOSHIDA

All dps race for the LB3.

It’s amazing how this character went from my most hated to my most loved. I thought the Warriors of Darkness post patch quests (3.4 I think) were frankly dogshit. Ardbert and his band of goons came off as whiny and moronic. I felt exactly nothing when they “died”.

Imagine my surprise when he comes back and ends up being the most based character in the entire game.

Attached: 10E2D06C-0EC4-44A8-B1B2-6E414DF4021D.png (1334x750, 1.84M)

Well either they're fuckheads and be happy you dodged a bullet, or yer a fuckhead and dont realize it.

Switch to BLM before you develop carpel tunnel

Attached: flo.jpg (600x628, 20K)

Why do the outdoor zones take a massive dump in quality after ARR? It's like a joke, they look so fucking ugly.
And I'm not talking about stylistic choices, I mean shit like very obvious repeating textures, copy pasted scenery, and barren stretches of low resolution absolutely nothing.

When I got fed up and left they told me to come back??? I don't understand how people work

DRG HAS TOO MANY BUTTONS HELP ME YOSHIDA

THERE ARE NO APACHES IN FFXIV

>DNC in my static complaining about me not playing MNK
>"It's just a joke Haha xD"
>"But seriously if you were considering switching till 5.1 I think it's a bit better for our comp?"
>"That's just my suggestion though I don't wanna step on your toes;;;"
>"I'm just thinking about the group is all y'know, and you seem to not really like playing SAM"

I can't wait until we clear E3 so I can ditch these retards.

Too late. Guess I have to stick with SMN now

Flying in zones was a mistake.

Not true, you literally get a debuff that forces you to be on foot

The revelations we got about the Ascians absolutely line up with the hints we got way back in 1.0 about the true nature of the Echo.

why didn't you tell him off?

Highlanders are literally native american inserts

Beaut cunny cut

>getting pushed around by a fucking DNC
How much of a bitch can you possibly be?

>people who haven't even done E3 are complaining about meta comps
FFlogs was a mistake.

Since you obviously lack any sort of human empathy, I'll spell it out for you: By pointing out that there's no reward, you're calling into question why anyone would bother wasting hours of their time on that shit. Whether you realize it or not, you're calling each and every one of them an idiot, and so they're aggressively defending their stupid choices.

who here is a fucking mad man and melds and crafts all their leveling gear so you can DAB on everyone?

You should have told them to switch to MNK

How do you have ACT only show your party if you're in alliance raid on the mini parse?

What? That doesn't make any sense.

>SCH doesn't get an AoE until the late forties

That would be the Whalaqee. Highlanders are Turks.

This is why I’ll never get into Endgame raiding. This precise kind of bullshit.

Huh?

It's just a better WAR

I feel like MCH doesn't have enough buttons and thats part of why I like it. Keep shit simple and effective.

Attached: 1557374636242.jpg (540x586, 122K)

Eh, kinda not really. They sold 1.0 event stuff during the 2.0 events, but they never had the previous years ARR stuff available in-game.

>friend playing on balmung
>keeps telling me to transfer there

should i do it Yea Forums? im a female lala

Attached: 1490830092813.jpg (643x1000, 72K)

>"He"

It's a "Male" tranny and I'm not switching regardless. Either way I can't just sperg out and call them fucking faggot, I know like two other people in the static and we do maps.

I don't wanna fuck that up.

Equal

do you really want to play on crystal?
are you absolutely sure?

yeah that and drk's aoe combo needs to be fixed. Fucking aoe until like what lv 74 ia just unleash spam

>open gliderskin map
>corner shows 8 man
did i read something wrong in the description?

also does anyone know where this is supposed to be? i was told its 17.9 , 17.0 but i cant find it there

Attached: map.png (203x178, 80K)

Emotes have always been rare in events. I'm sure we'll eventually get one again. And actually, we just got the Sabotender pose.

I'm just thrilled they're finally giving us outdoor furnishings again.

Same with all the other healers

Enjoy GNB while you can before they give it the DRK treatment in 6.0

Is MNK fast paced?

All healers get their AoE at like 45.

The native-American inserts are the Whalaqee, New Worlders in the Blue Mage storyline that founded blue magic. They worship ceruleum and a roegadyn business-associate of BLU's mentor even tries to fuck them out of their land with contracts he knows they can't read because their land is excessively ceruleum-rich.

Attached: 1549830800406.png (382x696, 598K)

dopr.net/ff14playguide/treasurehunt5-2

shortest gcd in the game I think
pretty simple rotation but lots of buttons

crystal's fine, most people that hate it have never been on it since they pretend trannies, tryhards, shitters and other ne'er-do-wells aren't a problem across all dcs

Attached: file.png (284x313, 217K)

Nidhogg and Zenos are both shitty villians. Difference is that HW isnt about Nidhogg, but the two groups of dragons and elves. Nidhogg was only there to represent a viewpoint and give a reason why shit keeps getting worse, same for elf pope and og Thordan. SB's villian focus is entirely on Zenos though, and he's simply not interesting enough to carry it. Yotsuyu is nothing in front of Zenos, then gets a redemption arc cus waifu service. Her brother is a piece of shit better left forgotten. The roe dude was more comic relief than an actual villian. Anytime anything happens in SB it's cus it's Zenos, because he wana fite. What do we do when nothing's happening? Prepare to face Zenos, or help Zenos' victims with their ptsd, etc

How about, I dunno, not being a sperg when you tell him off? You can do that you know. And if those two other people actually side with the cunt then fuck em too.

Part of the problem was that the original WoD storyline felt extremely out of place. We had just finished Heavensward and were gearing up for Stormblood, and the WoD plot felt like they were just trying to fill for time between expansions.

Knowing now that it was completely necessary to set up 5.0, I'm not sure if they could have done it any other way.

Started playing recently, when should I buy the expansion?

When you get all the way through Post ARR because you may not even last.

>implying you can't DAB on everyone just be keeping somewhat up to date on gear.

"No more lies."
"Never again."

"We must not tell WoL or our other friends about this."
Urianger, what did we JUST talk about?

Better keep that garbage hottake of yours in check before he draws his katana elidibus

when you get to Heavensward buy Shadowbringers which comes with all three xpacs. No point doing it any sooner unless if you want to play Red Mage or Samurai really badly, as for some reason they unlock before you unlock the Heavensward jobs

why is there official art of rabbit ass? wtf is this company doing

Uriangier suffered from memory loss when he passed out attempting to swim back from the Tempest.

ethics department demanded it

Holy shit

Attached: 1357-ha.png (679x427, 15K)

Because every time he's done it it's basically been him getting you to buy a lottery ticket and when you win the jackpot you learn he rigged it from the start.

It's to make up for whatever the fuck is wrong with the Viera in-game.

there's a thumbnail out there of a halloween themed ahriman mount but i believe thats all we know

noice

who /crafterchad/ here

Attached: 1562282454459.jpg (1920x1080, 842K)

are these single person maps even worth doing?

I still do sometimes after Flare into Foul into Thunder IV.

>Moogle quests don't actually get you a Moogle mount
>you have to pay 30.00 for anything Moogle themed

Another /pol/ zealot. Nice

Anything from the GC seals which sells a shit ton?

How do I know when I reach that point? Do I run out of main quests or something?

It is made very clear when ARR ends, when the patches begin, and when the patches end and Heavensward begins.

Hard to say.

They go for around 8k Gil on my server, and prices are falling. I’d say that using the ones you find randomly are usually worth it, but buying them in bulk is a huge gamble.

there's dabbing and DABBING on the leveling crew.
when you're a DNC and you're damaging more than the SAM and MNK it feels great. ;)

I've actually haven't seen that many melee DPS in leveling stuff, what the fuck?

You won't get any of the rare mats from the treasure dungeon but you can turn a tidy profit off the other materials.

This. Emet was good but his interaction with you is not as kino as those with Ardbert

I mained RDM in SB and just realized I never had Reprise on my hotbar. Now level 76 and only looked for it because I just unlocked Enchanted Reprise

Attached: 1559396000455.jpg (415x535, 136K)

Thancred knows about it

I'm sorry user but you should look up the liveletter.

>titan goes ATV first
Just fuck my rotation up senpai.

sounds like a group to drop if he gives a shit about party comp. i mean shit we run rdm mch and dont give a fuck

I assume you're not being specific to avoid any spoilers, thanks

Alliance raids are supposed to be easy, right?

Did they move the BLM unlock quest? Everything online says Limsa Limonsa plaza, but either it moved or the prerequisites changed.

I am. You'll definitely know it when you'll see it.

Get the fuck out of these threads, by the way. I was spoiled hard so I wouldn't want anyone to suffer the way I did.

based retarded undercutter crashing the market so hard you're better off selling the bolts

Attached: ffxiv_dx11_eyl2Ednd0T.png (837x340, 119K)

user, that’s Blue Mage in Limsa. If you want Black Mage, go to the Thaumaturge guild in Ul’dah

Crystal tower yes. You actually have to pay attention in Mhach and Ivalice.

I main SAM.

Alright, cool, cool.

Better to undercut and move product than almost never sell shit because of constant neets undercutting you by 1 gil.

Market of fucking hat pieces is not really worth caring about. Sure it sells, but not as often as controlling the pot or food market.

So when do I unlock more inventory space that isn't my retainers or saddlebag?

never

fug

Post SAm glams, I need inspiration.

How long does it last? I have to work today.

Patch 6.0
Please look forward to it

up until the 27th when The Rising starts I think

Are...are you being serious?

>Dohn Mheg
>PLD is new
>Is a Lala
>Pulls trash 1 pack at a time
>Uses Wings on cooldown at every opportunity
>Doesn't use Shelltron till about halfway through
>Never uses Rezq combo
>Fell off the bridge on the boss
>Turns into an imp and a frog at every point
>Reach Messed up transformation because other DRG was new too and did the same quality as PLD
>Was also a Lala
>Took 35 minutes

Thank you Astro for saving his ass, but holy shit.

I am a depressed person with self-confidence issues, what job should I play?

They literally can't add more inventory space because this game is made of popsicle sticks held together with shitty tape.

ninja

>BLU literally gets out dps'd by WHM at the same fucking level as it

THEY CAN'T DO THIS. IT'S MY FAVORITE JOB. FUCK.

>all the WARfags jumped ship to GNB now that WAR isn't head and shoulders above the other tanks

Expected

Use this.

Attached: 1534151918034.png (591x599, 251K)

How the fuck did he turn into a frog every time, doesn't he face away from the tank?

They could at least let you craft from retainers.
>that'd be too straining because its a different server!

Man I dont care if it takes 10 minutes to load, just let me fucking do it.

Attached: 1564280705730.png (507x500, 183K)

stories like this make me want to never tank so I don't have stories like this told about me

If you're worried about the damage just wait until you find out that you can't actually play the job. It's literally even locked out of doing the MSQ. I'm the biggest BLUfag in the world and I try to just forget that it's in XIV at all because it just fucking hurts.

_______________no_______________

Attached: Screenshot_214.png (241x234, 121K)

It's almost like they fixed threat

tanking is piss easy
most mechanics target the other party members instead of you
t. tank

What world are you living in? Every instance I've ever been in, every single DPS utterly refuses to LB.

It's the pressure. I still feel pressured playing healers and that's so easy you can DPS during it.

I've loved BLU ever since strago, loved it in X-2, had one as a main team member in TA and TA2. Was even stoked when they came back as Catomancer and Vampire for the bravely's.

I can't believe they did this shit, it's the absolute worst.

He ran into it

>RDM gets to hit boss twice in the time it takes literally every other class in the game to attack once
>,typical smoothbrain RDMs think this means that they are super cool and strong DPS

Just blame the healer if you die.

ninja eh?

Is paladin a fun tank class? I'm thinking of trying it out. The others don't really interest me much, way too many Dark knights around and Gunbreaker seems cool but I haven't tried it much.

>tfw can't play tank because I have 0 faith in pug healers
I've been spoiled by self sufficient tanks in other games and XIV doesn't really have that same thing, which isn't a bad thing since self sufficient tanks are usually broken.

befriend a healer or something
i made friends with good dps and i can safely heal or tank depending on the situation

Qt eyes

I have tank and dps friends so I just heal with them, nobody else I know wants to heal.

>the face of [person who plays video game]

Whoa now I'll never play this game again! FAT NERDS play VIDEO GAMES?!

If you like the holy-goody-two-shoes aesthetic and can stomach the shamefully bad job quests, it plays pretty damn great. That being said from the Gladiator quests to the start of the Ul Cup the PLD storyline is unironically worse than even Warrior and I've seen people get burnt out because of em.

I'd like to think Im a good healer but sometimes the AoE indicators are nonsense for me and hit me even if I move out as soon as I possibly can.

>healer compliments me for pulling huge and using cooldowns and begs me to do his df runs.
>healer never messages me ever again
what is this complicated feeling i'm having?

BLU's potencies were not updated or changed for Shadowbringers, to my knowledge, so it's dealing Stormblood levels of damage while everyone else is dealing Shadowbringers changed levels. In Stormblood its damage-output was roughly equivalent to a DRG or NIN, assuming Off-guard uptime was fairly optimal and you had primal skills.

Wanting a friend.

Tanks being so healer dependant in FFXIV is honestly kinda irritating, at least when you get stuck with a reaaaalllly shitty healer. Sucks twice as much when you remember Warrior and Dark Knight had great self-heal way back when.

im just a late stormblood pleb. only my WVR is maxed. I miss my easy daily income. all the crafter and gatherer pieces sold 1 or 2 pieces per day for an easy 1m - 2m. now this guy put up like 15 pieces for each one of them at 100k and they're still going down

so I should max CUL or ALC next? I have all the others crafters around 65

Attached: 1564095685687.png (661x600, 415K)

maybe he wants you to talk to him first. that happened with one of the dps friends i made

Which tank aesthetically looks the best to you?
Do you want to be a magic man with a sword and board?
Do you want to be an angry man with a giant axe?
Do you want to be an angry man with a giant sword?
Do you want a sword that shoots bullets?

There is absolutely no appreciable gameplay difference between any of the tanks, so just go with the one you think is the coolest.

Why isn't Mudra bunny a minion yet?

stand your ground and dont let some fucking tranny push you around

What in the mother of fuck are you talking about? Ul Cup was fantastic, especially after the worst quest series in the game which was Heavensward PLD.

Gunblades don't shoot projectiles.

Why are moogles one of the few mascot characters I can stand?

want some cash bby?

Attached: 1565283766910.jpg (245x143, 18K)

>reading comprehension
That's what I was saying. Ul Cup is decent but literally everything before that sucks dick.

This. Why the fuck would you want more PLD's quests after shitshow that was HW's.

>Heavensward PLD
>the job questline where even ARR's tutor says "dude this was fucking stupid and unnecessary"

Attached: 1559668054545.jpg (248x411, 40K)

Does omnicrafting really generate that much?

Jesus, it took me 5 more reads to finally get what you were saying.

how do i become rich

As long as you are patient and know what to sell and get obvious botters banned

The sad truth is, there will never be a more mch appropriate mount than this.

Attached: 136497626695.jpg (600x338, 203K)

>want to heal
>don't want the big pressure of having to keep everyone alive

Attached: SWEAT.jpg (293x216, 16K)

Because you are a faggot

>almost managed to clear 4s with pugs (0.3% enrage)
>started thinking how much of a shit show would weekly farming be with how much variation in how people handle the mechanics

Attached: 1534884586236.jpg (258x196, 7K)

>AST on early ShB dungeons
Yikes probably a dude leveling it up. That must have been hell for him. Despite the potencies increase tanks still melt.

>crown of the immaculate is completely dead
Huh? Literally every other trial is doable right now. What gives?

>Ul Cup was fantastic
Haha yeah man, it was so awesome to have a storyline about Gladiators instead of fucking PALADINS. There's all this fantastic fucking lore regarding the glory days of the Sultansworn and the origins of the Paladins in Belah'dia but they don't fucking touch it. Instead they do a fucking Gladiator storyline. The job quests literally went fucking backwards.

did you make that only playing the marketboard, or doing commissions in PF too?

And they are never ever ever ever going to admit they fucked up by releasing a single player job in an MMO and will double down by releasing BLU content every expansion. Enjoy your joke job, bro!

Aether has no farm parties for either anymore.

Crafter accessories BTFO multiple accessories

Aren't the rewards kind of pointless?

The cash shop bike.

They already shat the bed in 30-50 with you gaining a soul crystal in the first place because the Sultansworn are passing them out to keep Paladin techniques from dying out, so by all rights you should be a knight-errant and not so closely tied to the Sultansworn.

But MNK and DRG are strong as fuck?

The only joke is people who negatively obsess over BLU. Stop responding to yourself.

Attached: 1539483018481.gif (256x256, 6K)

I wish I could get out of ARR MSQ hell, all my crafts are level 50 and Ive got 100 levequests that I cant use because Im stil stuck in ARR.

Incorrect

Attached: i4uzoq1i6o731.jpg (876x1077, 234K)

But how am I supposed to progress the story? Fucking trust doesn't work on trials

What job is the closest thing to gambler? I

PLD job quests should be about helping to restore the Sultansworn to its former glory, helping them find their roots. They were on that path with the Oathkeeper story, but then it just turned into complete nonsense.

AST
BRD
DNC
That's about it

Ex trials are noncanon

Everyone assumes you meant Ex not Normal. People will still get Normal in Trial Roulette so it shouldn't be that dead.

SCH question: Is Physick pointless at endgame?

No, if you're caught with your pants down and don't have Aetherflow stacks because you're fishing for high parses and were spamming Energy Drain, or you've run out of Aetherflow stacks, it's still a GCD heal. MP inefficient, but still a heal.

Both
Sometimes I give some consumables or items for free, and these people also give me high level/lategame mats for free as well which helps me make even more gil
Data Center?

I don't know why people like this faggot.
Useless freeloader who literally does nothing until the ass end of the story where he fuses with you through the sheer power of anime. It's garbage.

If for whatever reason you're out of oGCD heals, and your co-healer is a smoothbrain, you rotate Adlo and Physick.

SCH is the worst GCD healer in the game. It feels so terrible if you are mashing GCDs to try and keep someone up.
Of course that's offset by having an incredible oGCD toolkit.

>watch the ShB trailer on the intro screen
>"Man they really suck with this whole lip syncing thing"
>realize it's because somehow they're playing the English cinematic with the Japanese audio
how the fuck does that even happen?

Light

No. Back then it was, now it comes handy from time to time.

did you skip literally every cutscene or are you just retarded?

If you're using JP client language it plays the japanese lip sync version.

I'm so sorry

Because English is the canon language.

are you fucking stupid?

Because English audio is canon

Being a drooling idiot on purpose is fun to some people.

You are a lizard brained retard

No, I didn't skip a single cutscene. Name one meaningful thing Ardbert accomplished prior to Amaurot.

Call me dumb all you like, it just doesn't make much sense to me that the fucking lip syncing is dependant on the language of the client and not the fucking audio

>Female Cancer

fixed

Attached: 1543373292141.jpg (840x1050, 516K)

>tfw BLM in E4S
I cleared this shit but the retards in my group have no idea how much effort I have to put into this shit. I wish I was playing a dumb easy job like bard or dancer.

>the english localization is canon
>the english localization that literally had its team members go rogue and Nintendofy the dialogue until Yoshida personally put a stop to them is canon
Why, because Koji helps write the lore now?
Learn Japanese.

They are currently very simple to play, simply spamming their basic comboes, with Blood abilities as filler and some very light mana management. Delirium just has you use one button five times in a row which makes for a pretty powerful cooldown, but a boring one.
They do, however, have an absolutely broken Tankbuster ability in the way of The Blackest Night, which trivializes basically every single Buster in the game. Especially when you use it in conjunction with another cooldown, the amount of damage it absorbs is utterly insane. Because of this, a DRK was present in the world first E4S clear.

My warrior friend insists that warriors are even easier to play, and he very slightly outdpses me, but I don't know just how true that is, still levelling my warrior.

Just have RDM leveled so you can swap to that when you want braindead.

>level 70+ dungeon
>people STILL not using their (now even more streamlined and effective) aoe combos
To any new players that are reading this, if your fighting more than 2 enemies, PLEASE USE YOUR CLASSES AREA OF EFFECT SKILLS. whats an area of effect skill? any skill that hits more than one enemy.
Some examples include:
quick nock, doom spike, arm of the destroyer, death blossom, thunder ii, outburst, fuga, scatter
IF YOU AREN'T USING YOUR AOE SKILLS AGAINST MULTIPLE ENEMIES, YOUR DOING ALOT LESS DAMAGE TO THE PACK AS A WHOLE AND SLOWING EVERYONE DOWN (YOURSELF INCLUDED)

Attached: 1553303215594.jpg (1032x5738, 703K)

BASED!!!!!!!

Attached: W1560743477533.jpg (609x453, 34K)

Why the fuck are you complaining when you're the one who chose to play BLM instead of SMN?

>had its team members go rogue and Nintendofy
Weren't the only things that happened them deciding to remove the FF spell names for the filthy gaijin audience and censoring Haurchefaunt

SMN is boring and clunky, might as wel learn all the fights with a good job instead of that fucking mess.

Fuck GP.

not him but pretty sure the original didn't have every other quest/leve/fate name be a zoomer culture reference either

>I have all the others crafters around 65

How the fuck. I’ve been playing since beta and I only have a couple crafters in the mid 70s. How do you level all the crafters efficiently without wanting to hang yourself?

>not tabbing through the pack applying your DOTs to all of them individually

I'm sure that's also the case in JP.

I'm more curious about if the original JP text implied Urianger masturbated with a fucking wind up toy

>BLU shill

Kys

is modding hard on ffxiv? I want to try a new mmo but only if I can be a big tiddy bunny girl

Attached: 1559591561693.png (307x312, 87K)

>tfw no one to tie your character down and force feed him a fantasia potion and transform into someone's slutty sister
Now that's some good Final Fantasy shit right there.

>tfw BRD will never have AoE dots
It really makes me not want to play it.

I like the Pagos Gaskins with the red one.

When is 5.1 possible to happen?

>hit 40 as BRD
>decide to scroll through the job actions to see when I'll get my AoE dot
>mfw
Even WHM had an AOE dot until just recently, what the fuck were they thinking not having it on the job that relies on dots for procs

Attached: 1514149362828.png (658x552, 428K)

october/november

Don't have any complaints thankfully

Yoshi FUCKING HATES DOTS. Expect them to all be gone by 6.0.

Fuck inventory more like, thats the big turn-off for gathering to me. I'd love nothing more than to gather a bunch and craft whatever I need whenever but you have to organize so much shit.

Really easy.

Because the proc rate is insanely high when it hits multiple targets. Especially for mage's ballad/rain of death.

Fuck no.
The JP description text was actually sweet unlike English version.

Attached: 1554552314362.jpg (400x346, 105K)

>tfw love dot classes
>tfw SMN is constantly pulled between dots and pets.
>BRD has dot synergy but no aoe dots and its all rng procs.
>Everything else has some dots but mostly just a fire and forget type deal.
Dot DPS and Melee Healers are my favorite classes and they never get any love.

Its super easy and that comes from a brainlet who thought it would be

>dots but mostly just a fire and forget
Yes, that is exactly what dots are.

really? What sort of fucking translator looks at a touching flavor text and goes "WHAT IF HE CAME ON IT"?

How can anyone defend this?

Attached: 1564953696744.gif (540x357, 639K)

>remove the FF spell names
Should've been fired and blackballed for just that.

>Never played an MMO where a class has a DoT that stacks 5 times and if it falls off you're fucked

Kumbrain

>freak wave
>temporary current safespot opposite of your position
my asshole contracts every time

There are plenty of ways to build designs around damage over time and making it part of the gameplay instead of fire and forget damage.

>ask question in FC
>someone logs in
>people start spamming welcome macros and drown out my query in a wall of text
>ask it again
>everybody starts talking about IRL stuff
I hate this place.

an autist passing down his onahole to you is the ultimate sign of respect, but i wouldn't expect a gaijin to understand

>Day 5000 of E3S progress, still struggling to find a party that can consistently pass T2, and if they can, they can't do Smokers
Help, people are too retarded.

the justification for it is that Americans wouldn't get it, because it isn't intuitive. Mind you, the new system isn't either.

>Haurchefaunt is censored because they don't want Americans to feel uncomfortable
>but implying that a main character is some sort of sexual deviant is a-ok

Shut up retard. Not all modding is lewd.

because the script everywhere else reads like a fedora tipping redditor fishing for upboats which resonates well with the playerbase

you can ask questions here

WHAT DOES IT SAY I CAN'T READ MOON

>Call me dumb all you like
Thanks, I will.

i doubt 99% of the game reads this shit anyway so who really gives a crap

I've cleared 3s multiple times and still don't know what mechanic you meant by freak wave, is it the one after Tsunami?

>It's an everyone only talks on their discord FC

Attached: 1536674448418.png (667x1000, 742K)

I read that most schs rarely use physick but I don’t know how. I’m constantly using it because I run out of aetherflow ALL the time, and I use it on cooldown. I don’t get what I’m doing wrong.

MOMMY

Attached: ffxiv_09082019_020915_607.png (1920x1080, 2.82M)

Black smoker is literally easier than T2 I still have no idea how can people who got past T2 struggle with it.

>swiftcast raise dps
>other healer dies .00002 seconds later
fucking scrubs

Attached: 1558216511332.jpg (940x893, 345K)

Who do you think she was before she became a Sin Eater?

Scholar is a very proactive healer so you have to account for future damage incoming more than recovering from the damage being dealt.
If you don't have stuff prepared beforehand it's much harder to catch up compared to AST/WHM.

You're assuming that this doesn't also apply to dialogue in the MSQ in places.

Nigga you just asked for lewd mods

Just making it more punishing for dropping it doesn't make it less fire and forget.
>There are plenty of ways to build designs around damage over time and making it part of the gameplay instead of fire and forget damage.
Sure there is, it doesn't change the nature of the dots themselves though.

Not him, what the FUCK does that mean?

He's a god damn ghost. A spirit. A phantom from the past. This isn't fucking Paranormal Activity. He isn't gona be flinging tables and levitating babies.

Not the au ra songbird

Except if they are integral to the activation of your other abilities then they are more than just forgettable.
Proactive Healing is stuff like Damage Shields/Excog where it's better to have that stuff up BEFORE damage is taken.
Reactive Healing is stuff like Essential Dignity or Benediction where it's used AFTER damage is taken.
SCH toolkit is built around preparing for incoming damage more than recovering after damage has been dealt.

The original script implies he held it and cried a lot. The US script can be interpreted as he came on it, but mentioning that Urianger made it after her death implies the same thing as the JP script, or that he's creepy and made a likeness of her to hotglue after her death.

>the justification for it is that Americans wouldn't get it, because it isn't intuitive
i don't get it. then what audience are other FF spell names for because the series has used -ra -ga since forever

SCH is a pain in the ass when things go sideways though.

Thats what emergency tictacs are for

Had a BLM in Amourot who didn’t cast a single Fire IV or Blizzard IV. He never popped enochain once in the entire dungeon. I asked him why and he said “it’s too hard to manage the timer so I do more dps by just ignoring it”.

Never, ever, ever underestimate people’s ability to be completely incompetent. For every 1 person that knows how to play their job well, there’s 5 drooling smoothbrains that don’t read tooltips or even bother with their job’s mechanics.

It's the name of the spread AOE, which drops puddles when he goes super saiyan

looks too young to be mommy tier, gonna be sticking with my void mommies instead

Oh, the one after drenching pulse? I always save sprint for that, makes it so damn trivial.

>Except if they are integral to the activation of your other abilities then they are more than just forgettable.
Alright, Imma stop this now because it's going to turn autistic arguing over nothing. It is true that, complemented by other abilities, dots can be a more involved deal but it's the general gameplay flow of a class that creates that. Dots by themselves are and always will be a fire and forget kind of damage. It's literally the basic nature and main point of dots.

>cum on a doll of skrillex
>cry about it a lot
they're both equally disturbing to me

so how the hell do I know when to do which?

they have a whole blog about it, it literally goes

>we didn't do it because we think you're all dumbs or wowfugees, we did it to make it more accessible
>what do you mean that basically equates to us thinking you're dumb

Soooo the tank pulls big, I use excog beforehand and galvanize him, if I’m lucky I get a catalyze, place a succor, use some lustrates during the pul run out of aetherflowl and then what? I’m fucked? Cause that’s how it feels sometimes since physick is so ass.

Comes with understanding encounters, damage in XIV is always static meaning boss fights dole out damage at specific intervals. Of course if someone is standing in everything that makes it worse, but generally speaking raidwide aoes or specific tankbusters etc will always happen at set times with warnings.

>if I can't clear 4s this week PUGs are going to start asking for i460/470 weapon and it's going to be total RNG whether I get it or not.
Fucking fuck.

Attached: 1545105647847.jpg (594x334, 22K)

At least you're not stuck in E1S hell with the rest of the complete shitters.

Hm. So before doing any content I should research what the tank busters are

Jesus, I don't want to discourage you but if your servers/DC couldn't handle 1s then 2s is going to be quite literally impossible for them.

does macroing count as botting since your using the ingame one

Fuck this. I guess this just isn’t the healer for me.

Adlo + Excog during the pull, sacred soil where he's tanking, don't forget whispering dawn as an additional HoT to help, you can also get into the habit of using Disspitation at the end of a pull to get 3 aetherflow and a buff to your Adlo healing for the next pull so you can dump 3 aetherflow then get 3 more aetherflow. Fey Union on the Tank can help too. Some people will even Adlo on themselves so when the Tank Adlo fades you can Deployment Tactics on yourself to spread it to them. I'll be honest I main AST though I do have all the healers to 80, so there is probably more to help. Generally I did the above with trying to save Lustrates specifically for when everything else was out.
It's pretty easy to see what is a tankbuster, it's never a bad idea to be mindful of the boss castbar and try to familiarize yourself with what does what.

No.

>It's pretty easy to see what is a tankbuster, it's never a bad idea to be mindful of the boss castbar and try to familiarize yourself with what does what.
I really don't understand how I could tell though

Is SMN really THAT bad right now? I have seen a grand total of 5 throughout the entirety of leveling through SHB and doing postgame ex/savage.

It's very fucking busy job and most people can't handle that.

crystal

Bosses will cast abilities or mark tanks specifically, if you notice after that they suddenly lost 30% of their health then you know when the tankbuster is.
Normal content will never throw shit at you so rapidly that it feels impossible to catch up and the biggest hurdle to get over pre-Extreme/Savage is big pulls in dungeons. Normal Raids/Trials are fairly generous with their damage despite if it seems really hectic, you also have a cohealer so hopefully they aren't eating crayons.
It's just kind of a habit you get into.

Thanks a lot for these write-ups. Sch is the first time I've had fun healing in anything ever so it's a nice change of pace