DOOM (2016) was an utter atrocit-

>DOOM (2016) was an utter atrocit-

Attached: Doom vs nu-Doom.webm (320x240, 2.68M)

This webm could be so much better. Why the fuck is it so low framerate? Why the fuck is it in the very start of Kadingir Sanctum, the 6th level in the game? Why not show a level like Vega Core which actually has all the enemy types attacking you at once. Why does he autistically switch weapons and shake his mouse around? Why does the footage of Doom 1 only show the first level?

Because it's a bait thread.

>Why does he autistically switch weapons and shake his mouse around?
It's called ammo conservation and aiming
>Why does the footage of Doom 1 only show the first level?
It's called unsubtle bait

It was as much a ‘Doom’ game as 3 was.

"Nu-Doom" is literally a hell themed Quake

imagine having such shit taste that you like any doom after 2

>>Why does the footage of Doom 1 only show the first level?

Cause OG DOOM does not change mechanically from the first level, why show other levels when its quite the same?

Nobody but a few retards on Yea Forums would say something like that. Who is this thread for?

Imagine being a redditor who played a source port or brutal doom

1/2 is outdated trash

Majority opinion on Yea Forums for nu-Doom is negative.

ok retard

>Majority opinion on Yea Forums
So a few retards

It's also the better game.

d44m was way more of a doom game than 3 was.

3 is one of the most bizarre games ever made. there is never more than like 3-4 enemies on screen at a time. enemy damage is massive. there is huge recoil upon being hit. I mean seriously one of the most deadly enemies in the game is the imp. they can fuck with your aim and kill you in seconds (I've only played on vet so idk about any other difficulty)

none of that precludes it from being pretty fun but it is nothing like other dooms.

doom 2016 is probably as close to a classic doom game as you could have ever hoped to have been made.

wasn't an atrocity but it was boring

>t. jaded depressed gamer

>not running in OG doom to make the game look slower

Attached: 1564742686413.gif (625x626, 54K)

So better than any doom

>"Nu-Doom" is literally a hell themed Quake
It's more like Painkiller. Quake didn't have arenas that locked you in.

Doom 1 & II, early 90's dos games made by a handful of inexperienced people
>corpses don't disappear
>this is actually used to create cool gameplay mechanics, such as the arch-vile who resurrects corpses of enemies you killed

Doom 2016, a modern game boasting cutting edge technology and a budget of tens of millions of dollars
>corpses instantly disappear
>no arch-vile in the game
>arbitrary limit of no more than 12 enemies on screen at a time

Whew, I'm so glad video games evolved so much.

Attached: 1550323112633.jpg (629x419, 53K)

Nice argument kiddo, lemme guess you are 20 or 22

Attached: 1543471953389.jpg (1500x1500, 151K)

It's not an arbitrary limitation, they were targeting consoles being able to run the game at anything faster than a slideshow.

Not an argument redditor

see

Based and Beepzorzpilled.

>soulless
>soulful

See

>Cause OG DOOM does not change mechanically from the first level, why show other levels when its quite the same?

Shit bait.

DOOM 1/2
>cant look up

D44M
>can look up

Enjoy your outdated garbage cause a enemy can respawn orher enemies

Tell me how it changes mechanically later in the game, ill wait

Doom 4 sucks because it keeps making my Nightmare saves into Ultra-Nightmare ones and greying out the option to keep playing.

How come

More guns to cycle through. Runes change it up by allowing you to play more how you want to play.

Every time a gunfight started getting good it ended. This trend continued until the end of the game.

I was talking about DOOM 1993

>Cause OG DOOM does not change mechanically from the first level
You mean Doom 2016?

The original DOOM’s levels explored various play styles by choosing which monsters and weapon ammunition you had available. Some levels, like Containment Area, were ammunition deprived and asked players to navigate a maze of boxes. Others, like Dead Simple, had little in the way of exploration or ammo conservation – it was an all-out battle against Mancubi and Arachnotrons. Some levels focused on bullet weapons, some on high explosives, Some on imps and fallen soldiers, others pushed high damage enemies like Cyberdemons or barons of hell, and still others focused on flying enemies or melee monsters. They each had a sense of mechanical identity, a sense that they were exploring some subset of the DOOM mechanics by limiting what ammo was available to you or selecting specific monster combinations.

The arenas fights in DOOM 2016 do not really have this. First, the progression of monsters is pretty linear. There’s never a sense of “Oh, this is the level with like a hundred cacodemons, I love this one!” Once a monster is introduced they pretty much just show up onesie twosie in every arena fight from there on out. There really isn’t a sense of playing with monster placement or variety or number, and each fight feels like a random hodgepodge of a few of all monsters you’ve unlocked so far.

This same-i-ness is exacerbated by the fact that every weapon is viewed as equally valid. And because almost every combat scenario is an arena there’s rarely a moment where you really need a long distance gun, or you really need an explosive to do splash damage on tons of enemies bunched together. It’s just… well, rip and tear and rip and tear. And after a 10 hour campaign it all just sort of blurs together. It’s like this game has one really badass fight sequence in it and it just wants to repeat it over and over until you’ve had enough.

Attached: 1553096619953.png (894x894, 97K)