What do you think the roster for the next Smash will look like? I predict it will be a reboot...

What do you think the roster for the next Smash will look like? I predict it will be a reboot. No way they're topping Ultimate.

Attached: 1564947048165.png (336x385, 280K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/2JRDgUc
mediafire.com/file/daajphm5bp3tcm3/SSB_Roster_Maker-v.11.0.zip/file
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looks good. The only change I would make is maybe replacing DH with G&W or R.O.B as they have a little more legacy. Heck cut IC and replace them both with the two I suggested.

>remove metaknight
>add two xenoblade characters
>cut g&W
Absolutely shit roster OP

The ones in black are either

>not likely to return
>have better characters who should take their slot like said
>unlikely to be added.

Attached: A073B8A2-F1A1-4664-B3FC-18F35F5D28CB.jpg (336x385, 74K)

It will have the entire current roster, minus maybe some third parties that couldn't be re-obtained.

>cut Ridley
>cut Sheik
>cut Daisy but keep Dark Samus
>cut Meta Knight
>cut Pokémon Trainer and Jigglypuff
>cut Ike and Robin but keep Lucina
>cut Palutena
>cutting Game & Watch and ROB
>cut Cloud, Snake, Ryu, and Simon Belmont
>add Ashely, Urbosa, Gardevoir, Corviknight, Lyn, Byleth, Elma AND Rex & Pyra, and Shantae
You deserve to be shoved into a fucking locker, you fucking loser.

You seriously can’t expect every 1st party to return, that’s inevitable.

Sakurai hates cutting characters, he'll do everything in his power to avoid it if possible. The worst that could happen is Smash 4 levels of cuts, which was still pretty low.
A reboot will never happen unless Sakurai hands the series to someone else.

Smashfags really are desperate for more thread material, huh?

Cut
>Pauline
>Urbosa
>Gardevoir
>Lucario
>Lucina
>Ice Climbers
>Duck Hunt

Replacements
>Paper Mario
>Skull Kid
>Greninja
>Incineroar
>Edelgard
>Banjo-Kazooie
>Simon Belmont

Oh well that’s funny...he was given a deadline and a reboot was an option he considered, he rejected it for the dream option of bringing everyone back, which is fantastic, but like OP says, a game with 10-15 cuts won’t top everyone is here, the only way to realistically top it is to reboot the franchise into a new direction. Wether you like it or not, want it or not, there is a 55-60% chance hard cuts happen next game!

It's weird to think that Young Link and Pichu are now popular enough that they might actually wind up in the next game. Of course, if they're making cuts, there's no doubt in my mind they'll be the first to face the chopping block, even if people unironically like playing as them.

I actually like this a lot
>fewer fight pokemon
>an actual flying pokemon
>Major reps from each series' major phases
I'd put G&W and maybe Wii Fit or Mii fighters back, as representatives of the Wii and Wii U's legacy

Where do you make these hypothetical rosters, anyway?

Cutfags are mentally ill.

>Lyn
Stop.

You're mentally ill.

>lyn AND Bleth

FE fans are greedy

Smash bros get in here QUICK-

discord.gg/2JRDgUc

discord.gg/2JRDgUc

discord.gg/2JRDgUc

Attached: banjo1.jpg (900x900, 251K)

This is the absolute WORST roster ever

>2 new FE characters, probably will be marth clone while removing the 3 uniques ones
>Shantae and Ashley, who have the worst community ever (yes, more than Steve or Waluigi)
>Pokemon SS rep
>Pauline, Daisy is enough thanks, enough of Mario, and there are more interesting characters from Mario though

Next Smash game will only have characters that had games on the switch and will be based on those incarnations of those characters. Botw2 Link, Odyssey Mario, Mansion Luigi, etc.

30 character smash roster, I tried guys

Attached: Empty Roster.png (480x165, 183K)

mediafire.com/file/daajphm5bp3tcm3/SSB_Roster_Maker-v.11.0.zip/file
It's not fully updated to the current roster, so I had to add in some stuff.

Why the fuck would they make another Smash after Ultimate?

It's the most diverse roster of all time that manages to not be unbalanced somehow.

>Why the fuck would they make another Smash after Ultimate?
To sell it in exchange for money.

>Pauline
>Ashley
>Urbosa
>Corviknight
>Lucina over Robin
>Elma
>Bayonetta of all third parties to keep
>Shantae
>No Meta Knight
This MUST be a shitpost

>No way they're topping Ultimate
Post yfw they top Ultimate

Attached: C-WquogUwAENByg.jpg (716x701, 75K)

>hurrrrr they should just make the same game over and over again but with 10 more characters each time at the expense of any other type of content
No-cutfags are retarded and just want to shitpost about the roster instead of actually playing the game

>topping ultimate
gameplay-wise it's a low bar

Post yfw when we get Smash vs Capcom and we get the sickest roster in the series.

Attached: 1555922196557.gif (409x295, 3.89M)

>thinking Sakurai would cut Meta Knight or any Kirby character for that matter

The only additions in your roster I could see happening are Ashley and maybe Pauline, but they’d probably go with Waluigi instead of her. And I really don’t see them getting rid of Falco, Jigglypuff, Meta Knight, Ryu, and especially not Captain Falcon.

I don't think there will be another Smash. I think it ends here.

Something like this

Attached: guh huh.png (1920x1080, 1.31M)

I’m not really a Banjofag, but I honestly don’t any reason for him to be cut:
>Heavily requested for years
>His reveal was met with praise by both eastern and western fans
>Microsoft and Nintendo are currently in fairly good relations
>Phil Spencer has said for years that he has no problems with Banjo being in
Unless Nintendo and Microsoft have a massive falling out sometime between now and the theoretical next Smash, I don’t really see any reason to exclude Banjo

if its a reboot i imagine something like this, plus a chracter from a new ip and two or three echos

Attached: Reboot Roster ver.1.png (384x275, 235K)

They'll need to make room for more relevant third party characters.

I hate DAE KANTO as much as everyone. But, Pikachu + starters is the best representation for Pokemon. If you want to get away from Kanto you could do gen3, gen6 or a mix.
Pauline is assist or prominent stage appearance (what she is now) tier. Though I like the idea of an old boom mic weapon like Eliza in Skullgirls.
Wario and Ashley are assist tier.
Krool is assist or maybe boss fight tier.
Urbosa's lightning gimmick would be good in Smash but no. The best new Zelda rep would be Tingle or Midna, Kass if Breath of the Wild needs a rep.
Good work on realizing Ridley should be a boss and DS should be an actual character.
Yeah, Kirby and Dedede are the only playables the series needs. Metaknight should be an assist and Magalor a boss maybe.
Fox is assist tier and maybe a Slippy assist too if the series needs more representation.
I'd Switch Ness for Lucas and add Porky.
Fire Emblem representation is about right.
Pit is assist tier.
Switch Villager for ToM Nook.
Cut Shulk.
Cut Rex.
Pyra assist.
Cut Megaman.
Assist Pacman.
Assist Bayonetta.
Cut Dairy Queen.
Assist Shantae.
The other additions needed are
Akira Howard, Springman, Ayumi Tachibana, Captain Falcon, Cooking Mama, Artorias, Chun-Li, Ryu Hayabusa, G&W, Layton, Doomguy and Shovelknight.

Even if we get a reboot, we're getting a Brawl sized roster at the very least.

>No Ridley
Fucking why? I'd honestly be pissed off.

>Antifags still mad.
Even if he ever is cut, which he never should be, he still made it even just once.

Attached: 1550777465249.jpg (894x894, 292K)

>Captain Faggot, Falco and Jigglyfuck cut
Yes please, I love this roster.

Cloud and Snake are likely going to be gone. Reportedly, Sakurai had to really flex his negotiating muscle to ensure both of them returned in Ultimate, and it's not like it's an entirely cozy relationship like with, say, Sonic and Banjo whose IP holders practically begged for their inclusion.

That didn’t seem to stop Sakurai this time, considering that Joker and Eleven both come from recent games that getting updated rereleases this year. And if relevancy was the issue, Banjo never would have got in in the first place since he hasn’t had a new game in over a decade

Rosterfagging is as old as the series itself. I still remember that one GamePro article covering Smash 64 prior to its release. Only the base roster was shown, so the writer of the article had to guess which four characters were in the final slots.

The guesses? Falco, King Dedede, Bowser, and Ganondorf.

Like 2/3rds of the roster should stay at least

if we're talking about "trimming fat", then you can go ahead and scorch easily half the ugly, gimmicky stages and almost all of the novelty minigame-like modes. I'd sack like everything else if it meant the game focused on a large, refurbished roster and good, vast online options

Attached: 1492734767485.png (680x814, 53K)

>Nintendo
>good, vast online options

Attached: sadmeowthballoon.png (648x362, 193K)

I think Ultimate will be a game that Libra on indefinitely, getting more content added as time goes on, herring patches that can output better performance when optionally played on the next gen's Nintendo hardware instead of the Switch.

I do think that of they ever try and take Smash in a new direction, then there would be a new lighter roster. My thought is if for example they do a 3D Smash fighter, where it's the same principles but in a 3D arena instead of a 2D battlefield. In which case I could see the roster being the original Smash 64 roster with maybe another 8 of the other most iconic Smash fighters for such a title.

Rebootfags are the worst type of rosterfags

Attached: 1537048567900.png (1152x1920, 710K)

I sincerely doubt they're going to make really drastic cuts to the roster, but I tried my hand at it anyway. I tried restricting myself to 30, but stuffed a bunch of obscure weirdos in there because it was getting a bit too dry for my liking.

Attached: Decimation.png (336x330, 257K)

>No way they’re topping Ultimate.
Sakurai: “Interesting”

Attached: 1525236961589.png (500x376, 207K)

here's your smash 6 roster, rebootniggers need no apply

Attached: roster.png (1797x855, 2.94M)